View Full Version : Question about drinking.

T Park
11-09-2005, 01:24 AM
When you had that first beer, margarita, whatever, did you not like it?

Did you have to LEARN to like it??

Also, the alchohal burn and taste, did you stop noticing it being there after a certain amount of drinks, and its never returned??

Interested to know.

TDMVPDPOY
11-09-2005, 01:30 AM
Beer is good for yah mate, i was a skinny bloke b4 takin up beer, then i had a pot, now i want my abs back :(:(

midgetonadonkey
11-09-2005, 01:40 AM
I never liked what I drank. Beer tasted nasty and liquor burned like hell. But after a while the taste grows on you and the shit is good. Maybe that is just the alcoholism talking.

j-6
11-09-2005, 01:45 AM
We used to get to drink beer as kids (middle school age, I guess) after a day hauling hay. Everybody drank until the ice chest was empty. I don't remember if I liked the taste or not, but I definitely thought is was cool to get to have what the adults were drinking. Then it was Crown in the winter at the deer lease, and I got sick the first time I tried to man up and take a big slug. It took me until my senior year of high school to try liquor again.

T Park
11-09-2005, 01:48 AM
But after a while the taste grows on you

I hope so.

Ive been trying out different stuff the last few days, and all of it stinks.

Just keep drinking it, and itll grow on ya.

Ill do that.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Quit drinking the rubbing alcohol.

T Park
11-09-2005, 01:52 AM
ha ha.

3rdCoast
11-09-2005, 01:55 AM
I couldn't tell ya. I am not 21 yet.

I stick to the Milk and Water and if I feel so inclined, only on weekends, I will have a cup or two of Apple Juice.

KEDA
aaahhhhh, I didnt like beer too much, but Crown and Coke I have loved since I had it the first time!

Vashner
Lot of beer was flowing at Wurstfest tonight..

baseline bum
11-09-2005, 02:09 AM
I hated beer at first, but then again I was drinking Olde English 800 and Schlitz Malt Liquor, so maybe that explains it. :lol

I still think most liquor tastes like crap, with the exceptions of decent tequilas and whiskeys. I don't know people can drink crap like vodka and gin.

T Park
11-09-2005, 02:18 AM
Interestings...

What beer is considered a "great tasting" beer.

Shiner Bock?

What others?

midgetonadonkey
11-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Interestings...

Shiner Bock?

What others?

It depends on what kind of beer you like. I know people that love stout beer and claim that Guinness beer is the best. If you ask any mexican on the southside they will tell you Buh Light is the best tasting. It really just depends.

midgetonadonkey
11-09-2005, 02:24 AM
GIG you seem like the type that would drink wine coolers.

T Park
11-09-2005, 02:27 AM
whats wrong with wine coolers?

midgetonadonkey
11-09-2005, 02:28 AM
whats wrong with wine coolers?

Nothing, if you are a middle aged homosexual or teenage girl.

T Park
11-09-2005, 02:31 AM
oh.

Stereotypes.

GOTTA LOVE EM!!!

baseline bum
11-09-2005, 02:47 AM
If you want to drink something that tastes like licorice check Yeni Raki (it's a Turkish liquor). It's 40% alcohol, but it goes down really smooth when cold.

http://www.stawskidistributing.com/images_bottels/YeniRaki.jpg

Carie
11-09-2005, 02:50 AM
I tried beer once and never again. Unless Zima counts, I think I've had 1/2 bottle of that. (Blegh!). But the girly fruity stuff? Had my first peach schnapps when I was 12 or 13 and have loved it ever since.

samikeyp
11-09-2005, 10:07 AM
never been a huge beer fan....my first drink that I really liked and still is my favorite is a screwdriver. Especially a Port Aransas screwdriver...has a splash of pineapple juice added.

Trailer Trash
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Wine coolers are for sissy boys.

I've been drinking since pappy put his first whopping on me when I was a good fur nuthing lil' one. It burned uh lil but I became a man that day a real man.

Murphy
11-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Mouse is the best man to answer this thread

TheTruth
11-09-2005, 10:16 AM
I hated beer when I first started drinking, but I think it was because my bro had me drinking some Wicked Ale.

The Beer and Liquor tastes will start growing on you after about the 5th one that night. After that it's alllll good.

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 10:25 AM
I hope so.

Ill do that.

There is nothing wrong with NOT drinking. If you don't like it, don't drink it. :tu

Or are you trying to turn yourself into a drunk? :drunk :lol :lol

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 10:28 AM
When I was 8 my grandfather used to let me sip out of his bottle of Michelob w/salt. I liked it right off, because it was from my grandpa...who was awesome. :fro

I really don't like the taste of beer that much anymore, and it takes too much to catch a buzz. I like vodka. :)

sa_butta
11-09-2005, 10:31 AM
I learned to drink beer with salt. I use to drink bud light with salt then after I acquired the taste I did not need it anymore. Margaritas have always just tasted good to me.

King
11-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah, you don't have to drink just to drink. Find something you actually like - don't try to acquire a taste just to do so.

One beer I like a lot is 1/2 Ace Pear Cider and 1/2 Honey Brown. Think it's called a snake bite, or something.

Or Dos Equis/Tecate (with lime)

LuvBones
11-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Why would you keep drinking something you don't like? Don't keep drinking beer if you don't like it, it sux anyway. Find something you like.

Puppy Dog
11-09-2005, 11:48 AM
I hope so.

Ill do that.

hey park, drink to socialize, but beware getting drunk. out of control is not as much fun as it's cracked up to be...

and a certain animal house line comes to mind...one that i lived for far too long...:lol

50 cent
11-09-2005, 12:14 PM
I have always like Captain and Diet, Vodka, and other random shots.

It wasn't until after I broke up with my girlfriend of 2.5 years my junior of college that I started drinking a ton of beer with my buddies. After a few months, I grew to love it.

TheTruth
11-09-2005, 12:16 PM
the captain and coke...thats where it's at.

batman2883
11-09-2005, 12:19 PM
fuck that get yourself some nice sweet tea and mix that shit up with captain morgan's coconut rum damn that shit is awesome

easjer
11-09-2005, 12:20 PM
I used to love beer, but that was back when I was drinking it regularly in large quantities. That allowed me to get past the hoppy tastes and just enjoy the flavors. Now I can't do that as easily.

I only drink good beer, none of that Bud Light crap.

I really love the New Belgium Brewing Co - nearly anything by them. But the most popular by them is also one of the best - Fat Tire. It's an easy to drink Amber Ale. If you don't like the taste of beer too much, try that. Also look into wheat beers (which I love, particularly in the middle of summer) - New Belgium makes a great wheat beer called Sunshine (should be located near the Fat Tire). Also good by them? Blue Paddle and Loft.

It's going to cost you a little, but well worth it.

As for liquer - I'm a rum girl. Also love sweet sherry, amaretto, irish cream, Godiva. Basically, I'm a girl. But rum and cherry coke will always be my favorite.

One of the greatest things about Houston - Specs.

pache100
11-09-2005, 12:23 PM

Also, the alchohal burn and taste, did you stop noticing it being there after a certain amount of drinks, and its never returned??

Interested to know.

Let me begin by saying I don't drink any alcohol any longer. But the first alcoholic beverage I ever drank (I was 17 and this was rural Georgia - we had to pay a cousin of one of my friends to buy it for us) was Champale; I thought it was delicious. I didn't drink alcohol again for a couple of years. After I moved to Texas, I started to drink alcohol again, but I only liked rum drinks - daquiris or occasionally rum and coke. I did not like anything with tequila in it, I could not get it up to my mouth because of the way it smelled - to me, it smelled like some kind of bad medicine. Then, a friend of mine made me a margarita with Cuervo Gold. Man, that stuff was good. From there, I branched out and tried other liquors. I had never liked beer, but eventually acquired a taste for Corona, Dos Equis, and Shiner Bock. I never cared for champagne that much, but I did like Asti Spumante. My favorite drink, when I stopped drinking, was cherry cokes made with cherry brandy and diet coke.

Marcus Bryant
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM

Interested to know.

T Park, it's kinda like eating pussy.

baseline bum
11-09-2005, 04:45 PM
T Park, it's kinda like eating pussy.

Um, I liked that from the first taste. Didn't need to acquire that one. :lol

T Park
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
warrrrm apple pie.....

T Park
11-09-2005, 04:54 PM
There is nothing wrong with NOT drinking. If you don't like it, don't drink it

Im trying to find something to take my mind off of current real life affairs, so drinking was the first thing that popped in my head.

tlongII
11-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Im trying to find something to take my mind off of current real life affairs, so drinking was the first thing that popped in my head.

Not a good idea.

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 05:02 PM

Oh, man...alcohol is a depressant. If something is upsetting or bothering you, please don't go there...for your own sanity. :)

Go for long, brisk walks...the gym....anything to bump up your endorphins. Nature's Picker-Upper. :)

midgetonadonkey
11-09-2005, 05:17 PM

Heroin is the only answer for that.

T Park
11-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Go for long, brisk walks...the gym....anything to bump up your endorphins. Nature's Picker-Upper

SW, you and everyone in this forum has seen me.

Do I look like a walker, GYM, or any kind of streneous excercise kind of guy???

Maybe to run and warm up KFC leftovers at halftime of Spurs games on TV maybe.

T Park
11-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Heroin is the only answer for that

My business does drug tests, so that wouldn't set a good example for the workers.

midgetonadonkey
11-09-2005, 05:22 PM
My business does drug tests, so that wouldn't set a good example for the workers.

Shoot up between your toes and buy a whizinator.

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 05:22 PM

Maybe if you were you wouldn't be feeling so troubled. It did wonders for me when I could very easily have become a lush. :)

T Park
11-09-2005, 05:25 PM
me being fat doesn't trouble me.

Hell, im used to it.

Its other things....

easjer
11-09-2005, 05:26 PM

T Park, I say this in all sincerity - if you haven't before, try working out. I am a big woman, but I was never as happy or physically feeling good or less stressed out or depressed than when I was working out regularly. We're trying to find an affordable gym near us to get back to that again. It was wonderful quality time with my husband (then fiance) and just felt great. I hate exertion, I hate the thought of working out, but after that first week or two, it was awesome.

And if that truly isn't something you feel you can do . . . find another hobby like cooking or painting that allows you to get out aggression or stress ina creative and helpful way.

Drinking is not a good way to deal with personal stress or troubles.

That said, I also like Asti Spumante a lot. And sauvingon blanc, white zin and pinot grigio - that's it for the wines.

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 05:26 PM
I wasn't considering the size of my ass during my divorce, either ... but it helps change your whole attitude and put things in a better perspective.

Just a little friendly advise. :)

valluco
11-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Interestings...

Shiner Bock?

What others?
Some of my favorites:
Boddingtons Pub Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale
Franziskaner Weiss Beer

Duncan21
11-09-2005, 05:31 PM
http://www.upforanything.net/poker/guinness.gif http://www.highlandpeaks.com/speights_gold.jpg

they are the two best beers in the world

valluco
11-09-2005, 05:33 PM
If you want to talk about tequila, nothing beats a bottle of Coralejo Reposado or a fine bottle of Don Julio. Fuck Patron!

valluco
11-09-2005, 05:37 PM
http://www.upforanything.net/poker/guinness.gif http://www.highlandpeaks.com/speights_gold.jpg

they are the two best beers in the world
Guiness is yummy but I have never tried Speights. What does it taste like?

Dos
11-09-2005, 05:39 PM
pryamid ales out of seattle... *S*..

I can find them at silver eagle tap house in mcqueeney..

http://www.pyramidbrew.com/images/bottles_2005/apricot_weizen.jpg

T Park
11-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Alright, Ill look up a Gold's Gym when I get home I guess.

T Park
11-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Guiness seems to be the popular choice.

Ill buy a bottle at the GTG on friday.

valluco
11-09-2005, 05:49 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/valluco/kron.jpg Too bad this one isn't sold in Texas for some reason.

sickdsm
11-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Guiness seems to be the popular choice.

Ill buy a bottle at the GTG on friday.

Beer is an acquiered taste, once you learn to like it, Beer like Guiness is yet another acquired taste. VERY FEW people like beer the first time and even less like Guiness.

Your going to want something American to go down easy thats watered down. No dark stuff. MGD or Budweiser Select is smooth to me.

Liquor is NOT an acquired taste. If you don't like the drink, its mixed wrong for you. Everyone makes fun of guys who drink fruity drinks but once in a great while, i love a margarita, cosmo, or Pina Colada.

Usually its coke and rum, or vodka drinks for me if i'm not on beer.

Drinking with friends is great way to temp. feel better. It doesn't help the next day however. The only way to get over that hump is to make yourself feel better about yourself, life or your situation. I've been rocked by two breakups that i thought i was going to grow old with that person. The first was the hardest on me but the best thing I did was to start eating healthy and less. I'm a pretty average/trim guy to begin with too. I started reading some novels, forcing myself to do stuff that i wasn't confortable with.

Shelly
11-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Sea Breezes rule!

I haven't had one of those in a long time.

clooneyschick04
11-09-2005, 07:36 PM
My first ever REAL drink was a big shot of Jack Daniels. I got the wind knocked out of me when it was going down. :oops

You definitely have to have a taste for it. Although, it's not that bad in Coke.