PDA

View Full Version : SI DA on move to GS?

Rummpd
10-19-2020, 03:44 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/10/19/five-nba-offseason-predictions

Go for it Pop.

Leetonidas
10-19-2020, 04:02 PM
I've been saying for awhile LMA to GS for #2 makes a lot of sense because they're in win now mode, he fills a position of need and he can step out on the perimeter now. GS would have a legit shot with 4 all stars. And they need a legit big to contend against LAL and Denver

Dejounte
10-19-2020, 04:02 PM
What's "DA"?

Rummpd
10-19-2020, 04:11 PM
Oh my bad should be LA

Dejounte
10-19-2020, 04:19 PM
Yes, do it. Get one of Wiseman, Deni, or Halli.

White/ DJ/ Q
Keldon/ Lonnie/ Mills
DeMar/ Deni/ Mason Jones
Lyles/ Smith/ Samanic
Poetl/ Eubanks

Dream draft accomplished.

tbdog
10-19-2020, 04:20 PM
They need to use Wiggins to match salary, and that's yuk.

Seventyniner
10-19-2020, 04:37 PM
Is GS desperate enough to include both #2 and MIN's 2021 first while letting the Spurs keep #11? That MIN pick is top-3 protected in 2021 and unprotected in 2022. That would be a hard haul to turn down, even if it means taking back Wiggins.

Robz4000
10-19-2020, 04:41 PM

Spurs could prolly use #11 to reroute him elsewhere tbh. Still not sure I'd do the trade unless the Spurs are sure whoever they're targeting (prolly Wiseman) will be something in the future. This draft is so hard to gauge due to the lack of top-tier talent I'd rather them try to nab a couple mid-round picks so they have multiple swings.

Robz4000
10-19-2020, 04:42 PM
Is GS desperate enough to include both #2 and MIN's 2021 first while letting the Spurs keep #11? That MIN pick is top-3 protected in 2021 and unprotected in 2022. That would be a hard haul to turn down, even if it means taking back Wiggins.

Zero chance imo. They'll sooner just roll the dice on Wiseman.

Dverde
10-19-2020, 04:44 PM

It may take that for a team to take 3 years of Wiggins.

Ocotillo
10-19-2020, 05:02 PM
Later in the same column, the writer makes the point that Wiseman is so unproven, he may drop out of the top 5. It also says Steven Adams to Boston which of course could also be an LA destination.

talkspurs
10-19-2020, 05:02 PM
I understand that wiggions contract is bad but what are we going to do with all this extra space? just let it sit there so people can say that star players dont come here. This also leaves room for KJ/Luka extension as he would expire the same year.

EasyMoney
10-19-2020, 05:07 PM
Almost stopped reading when they said danny greens signs with the Mavericks. Hes under contract with the Lakers for 1 more season. There is no "signing with the mavericks".

PhantomDashCam
10-19-2020, 05:09 PM
The Warriors have a lot of youth in the post, but perhaps a veteran with great court vision to match that of Bogut is what they need. Aldridge is just that.

Aldridge does a lot of things well but I have never witnessed the great court vision mentioned in this article. He certainly isn’t in Bogut’s league in re: passing.

Degoat
10-19-2020, 06:02 PM
Simply swapping Aldridge + 11 for Wiggins and #2 makes sense for both teams imo, the warriors could draft a win now player like Saddiq Bey or Aaron NeSmith at 11

Dex
10-19-2020, 06:16 PM
This article is pretty much the definition of throwing shit at the wall.

Dverde
10-19-2020, 06:28 PM
Aldridge does a lot of things well but I have never witnessed the great court vision mentioned in this article. He certainly isn’t in Bogut’s league in re: passing.

Yes, I agree. I think he would still be a good fit for GSW.

Degoat
10-19-2020, 06:38 PM
I really hope we get rid of Aldridge lol

talkspurs
10-19-2020, 06:49 PM
Simply swapping Aldridge + 11 for Wiggins and #2 makes sense for both teams imo, the warriors could draft a win now player like Saddiq Bey or Aaron NeSmith at 11

I wouldnt do it if I was the Spurs. GS comes out a big winner if they get our pick back.

exstatic
10-19-2020, 06:50 PM
I know Wiseman is raw, but his NCAA violation was a technicality, not a cash grab, and I keep wondering what TD could do with that raw talent under his wing.

EmantheSpursFan
10-19-2020, 06:52 PM
I'd love to do this trade. I think the Spurs should play the long game and continue to develop home grown players. I also really like LA and would like to see him win a championship while he's still in his prime.

exstatic
10-19-2020, 06:52 PM

If we’re getting saddled with Wiggins stinking, rotting contract, they do NOT get 11. They already fill a position of need, and offload a rotten deal in this trade. Nothing more going their way.

baseline bum
10-19-2020, 06:56 PM
I'd do Aldridge + Mills for #2 + Wiggins + Looney if there is somone RC loves at that spot. Probably ask for their second rounder too considering how awful Wiggins' contract is.

Degoat
10-19-2020, 07:21 PM
If we’re getting saddled with Wiggins stinking, rotting contract, they do NOT get 11. They already fill a position of need, and offload a rotten deal in this trade. Nothing more going their way.

I think people are WAYYYY over thinking that, bad contracts can be moved. If we can grab a top pick by trading Aldridge you do it automatically even if a bad contract is attached. Aldridge is gonna leave in a year anyways, open salary isn’t gonna do the spurs any good

exstatic
10-19-2020, 07:36 PM
I think people are WAYYYY over thinking that, bad contracts can be moved. If we can grab a top pick by trading Aldridge you do it automatically even if a bad contract is attached. Aldridge is gonna leave in a year anyways, open salary isn’t gonna do the spurs any good

The NBA economy is going to tighten. Next year, it was agreed that the cap would be the same, but it wouldn’t shock me to see it drop 10-15m the following season. Over the next 3 years, we’re also going to have to pay White, Lonnie, Keldon, and Luka. That’s quite a juggling act with a 31M albatross each season.

talkspurs
10-19-2020, 07:39 PM
The NBA economy is going to tighten. Next year, it was agreed that the cap would be the same, but it wouldn’t shock me to see it drop 10-15m the following season. Over the next 3 years, we’re also going to have to pay White, Lonnie, Keldon, and Luka. That’s quite a juggling act with a 31M albatross each season.

I said it in another thread that I could see the cap going down next offseason as well. which is why I could see DDR opting out this year. He might get more being the big fish if he is looking for money. If he is looking for championship doubt there will be much money for him on those teams next summer and he wont get much.

talkspurs
10-19-2020, 07:41 PM

Yes those contracts can be moved by useing either picks or players. That is why we do not give our 11th this year and try and get Mini first next year.

Degoat
10-19-2020, 07:44 PM

Yeah I’m not saying it’s perfect but in the next 3 years the team could look completely different too, we don’t have to keep any of those young guys if they don’t develop accordingly. If and it’s a big if the spurs view Wiseman as a franchise player they should do anything possible to get him

PhantomDashCam
10-19-2020, 07:44 PM

Yeah I would hope that we would keep 11 too. Although the draft is often criticised for True Star players, I feel there is depth there, with a lot of players grading out as rotational pieces - at worst.
If you take a Wiseman at 2 then perhaps an almost guaranteed high floor guy ie. Desmond Bane, Isaiah Stewart at 11.
‘Whether the Spurs want to have that many guaranteed rookie contracts on the books though is another question entirely.
My dream scenario - Wiseman at #2, Kira at #11 - Arguably the best at their position collegiately and in 3 years, perhaps two of the best at their position globally.

Degoat
10-19-2020, 07:46 PM
Yes those contracts can be moved by useing either picks or players. That is why we do not give our 11th this year and try and get Mini first next year.

Yeah but why would the warriors give up the #2 pick for an aging player, makes no sense. They’d have a better shot at winning the championship with Wiggins and say Wiseman then just Aldridge.

Leetonidas
10-19-2020, 07:51 PM
Yeah but why would the warriors give up the #2 pick for an aging player, makes no sense. They’d have a better shot at winning the championship with Wiggins and say Wiseman then just Aldridge.

I disagree. Wiggins is a net negative and they ain't winning with an unproven rookie. LMA is a proven all star and still had a good year last season and would seriously bolster their front court and give them a legit shot at winning a ring. Wiseman is not going to get it done in the playoffs against Davis or Jokic. This year's draft is seen as weak and GS is still in win now mode. I think if they can find a deal for a proven talent theyd take it

tbdog
10-19-2020, 08:14 PM
Also the number 2 pick contract will start at around $9.5mil. you are looking at $40 to $45 million per year for Wiseman and Wiggins.

talkspurs
10-19-2020, 08:23 PM

I am higher on Wiggins then most on here but why would you say we should just trade him away but GS would not want to. He is not old so it is not a win now type thing as he could grow with our team more then he could theirs. I dont see them having a better shot with wiggins/Wiseman then Aldridge.

Wiseman is a first rd pick along the Bennit/Wiggins/Darko time frame. In other words he is pure upside but could end up having a low floor. Most people dont think he will but people did not think they would either. We did not get to see him against college competition. So he is really just a HS player. Wiseman will have problems against your better teams and GS does not have time for him to develope. GS also needs a big. This is why they would do it without getting our pick back and we might be able to get MIn pick.

exstatic
10-19-2020, 08:52 PM
Think of it this way: they’re giving us #2 to take on that awful 3/94M contract. LMA is just a useful salary match. We gave GS #30/RJ for $15M in one year cap rental in 2012, vis a vis RJ’s second year. We’ll be hosting almost 6X the cap space over 3 seasons.

Degoat
10-19-2020, 08:53 PM
I am higher on Wiggins then most on here but why would you say we should just trade him away but GS would not want to. He is not old so it is not a win now type thing as he could grow with our team more then he could theirs. I dont see them having a better shot with wiggins/Wiseman then Aldridge.

Wiseman is a first rd pick along the Bennit/Wiggins/Darko time frame. In other words he is pure upside but could end up having a low floor. Most people dont think he will but people did not think they would either. We did not get to see him against college competition. So he is really just a HS player. Wiseman will have problems against your better teams and GS does not have time for him to develope. GS also needs a big. This is why they would do it without getting our pick back and we might be able to get MIn pick.

Well as bad as Wiggins is he’s a big wing and those are really valuable in today’s NBA, At worst wiseman can play a rim running role similar to a capela imo.. GSW wouldn’t ask a lot from wiseman because he’d be the 4/5th option on the team. I’m just saying people are all of a sudden acting like Aldridge (35 year old coming off injury) is some kind of phenomenal trading piece to acquire the #2 pick lol

Degoat
10-19-2020, 08:56 PM
Think of it this way: they’re giving us #2 to take on that awful 3/94M contract. LMA is just a useful salary match. We gave GS #30/RJ for $15M in one year cap rental in 2012, vis a vis Jack’s second year. We’ll be hosting almost 6X the cap space over 3 seasons.

What happens if the spurs decide to extend both Demar and Aldridge, then we’d be taking on just as much salary lol I’d be thrilled if everybody is right and all it takes is Aldridge but GSW will get better offers imo

exstatic
10-19-2020, 09:08 PM
What happens if the spurs decide to extend both Demar and Aldridge, then we’d be taking on just as much salary lol I’d be thrilled if everybody is right and all it takes is Aldridge but GSW will get better offers imo

Like I said, Aldridge is useful to them. They want a quality Big to match up in the playoffs. He’s a many time AS, and multi time All NBA c/PF. They need a player to fit their window, which is legit 2-3 years, tops. Not a lot of players fit that bill, and have teams ready to absorb that awful Wiggins contract.

exstatic
10-19-2020, 09:16 PM

I don’t think LMA would sign again. He initially signed when we were in our window. He would likely extend in GS to grab a ring or two. Otherwise, I see him going back to Portland.

DD declined one extension already, although that was pre COVID. He may sign, but the Spurs will not pay him what he’s making now. If he opts in, he’ll be 32, when he hits FA, if next season wraps around again.

talkspurs
10-19-2020, 09:33 PM
Well as bad as Wiggins is he’s a big wing and those are really valuable in today’s NBA, At worst wiseman can play a rim running role similar to a capela imo.. GSW wouldn’t ask a lot from wiseman because he’d be the 4/5th option on the team. I’m just saying people are all of a sudden acting like Aldridge (35 year old coming off injury) is some kind of phenomenal trading piece to acquire the #2 pick lol

big wigs are valuable if they are good. if they are ok they get knocked down. Just like any position. They already have Klay for a big wing and Glen Robinson III already said he wants to go back. they will have some others that come along. What they need is a big. Wiseman could be good could be bad. There are thoughts about him or anyone they draft but nothing is as certain as drafting a vet like LMA. LMA still puts up good numbers is efficient. Yes he is getting older but so is GS. They have about 3 years left of their run. LMA can contribute for those.

As far as LMA and DDR resigning big contracts. I hope not. I dont think the Spurs will but you never know with some of the decisions FO has made recently.

Degoat
10-19-2020, 09:39 PM
Like I said, Aldridge is useful to them. They want a quality Big to match up in the playoffs. He’s a many time AS, and multi time All NBA c/PF. They need a player to fit their window, which is legit 2-3 years, tops. Not a lot of players fit that bill, and have teams ready to absorb that awful Wiggins contract.

For sure, Aldridge fits their timeline but I saw a rumor that said I believe the pacers would trade TJ warren + Miles Turner for Wiggins and #2 and just imo I’d rather have that deal if I’m the warriors then Aldridge. So if the spurs were interested they’d have to pony up and give another asset.

Degoat
10-19-2020, 09:42 PM
big wigs are valuable if they are good. if they are ok they get knocked down. Just like any position. They already have Klay for a big wing and Glen Robinson III already said he wants to go back. they will have some others that come along. What they need is a big. Wiseman could be good could be bad. There are thoughts about him or anyone they draft but nothing is as certain as drafting a vet like LMA. LMA still puts up good numbers is efficient. Yes he is getting older but so is GS. They have about 3 years left of their run. LMA can contribute for those.

As far as LMA and DDR resigning big contracts. I hope not. I dont think the Spurs will but you never know with some of the decisions FO has made recently.

Yeah I hope your right because I would love if they just wanted Aldridge lol I just think there will be better offers out there for them

talkspurs
10-19-2020, 09:49 PM
For sure, Aldridge fits their timeline but I saw a rumor that said I believe the pacers would trade TJ warren + Miles Turner for Wiggins and #2 and just imo I’d rather have that deal if I’m the warriors then Aldridge. So if the spurs were interested they’d have to pony up and give another asset.

That would be a really good trade for GS. If I am GS Ide rather have that then LMA and #11.

rankingtear
10-19-2020, 10:34 PM
Bill Simmons pod has GS trading #2 for Smart + #14 almost same package rumored to us Murray + #11. BOS also likes Wiseman.

Degoat
10-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Bill Simmons pod has GS trading #2 for Smart + #14 almost same package rumored to us Murray + #11. BOS also likes Wiseman.

wouldnt they have to match salary?

rankingtear
10-19-2020, 10:43 PM
wouldnt they have to match salary?
Iguodala TPE

LCM
10-19-2020, 11:19 PM
GS has $17 million Trade Exemption. They have to use it or loose it. I'd do a three team with Atlanta. GS likes Haliburton or Okongwu.

Atlanta - Wiggins/#11/Spurs 2022 1st Rd
GS - LMA or Murray/#6 (draft Haliburton or Okongwu)/(I'd send Gay to GS too)
Spurs - #2 (Wiseman)/John Collins (Atlanta is rumored to not wanting to extend him)/Kevin Huerter

Then Spurs can then deal DeRozan however they wish to build more assets for the team with players/picks/or cap relief.

If it's just GS/Spurs

GS - Murray/#11 (Precious Achiwa, Jalen Smith at C)
Spurs - 2# (Wiseman)

GS uses their TPE and lower their luxury tax costs on the draft pick.

gambit1990
10-19-2020, 11:24 PM
Bill Simmons pod has GS trading #2 for Smart + #14 almost same package rumored to us Murray + #11.
https://i.imgur.com/uu9pmDP.gif?noredirect

TD 21
10-19-2020, 11:58 PM
GS has $17 million Trade Exemption. They have to use it or loose it. I'd do a three team with Atlanta. GS likes Haliburton or Okongwu.

Spurs - #2 (Wiseman)/John Collins (Atlanta is rumored to not wanting to extend him)/Kevin Huerter

Then Spurs can then deal DeRozan however they wish to build more assets for the team with players/picks/or cap relief.

If it's just GS/Spurs

Spurs - 2# (Wiseman)

I suspect it'd have to be . . .

To Hawks: DeRozan, 11
To Warriors: Aldridge, 6
To Spurs: Wiggins, 2

Hornets (Batum), Cavaliers (Love), Pacers (Turner and Warren for 2), Magic (Gordon and Aminu), seem like possible Wiggins destinations.

exstatic
10-20-2020, 06:47 AM
Iguodala TPE

I think he’s talking about Wiggins. No trade for #2 doesn’t involve his contract going out.

exstatic
10-20-2020, 07:43 AM

If it's just GS/Spurs

Spurs - 2# (Wiseman)

They’re trying to offload Wiggins contract, not run up their tax figure even further. In fact, keep that in mind, the money. As a repeat tax offender that $9M contract for #2 becomes a multiple of that figure, depending on how many consecutive years they’ve busted the tax.

r0drig0lac
10-20-2020, 07:45 AM
why would Pacers do that? each of these players would bring something better if it were traded individually.

JuneJive
10-20-2020, 07:53 AM
Spurs would have to get a 3rd team involved, ready to take on Wiggins, if they choose to trade LMA to GS.

FutureMan
10-20-2020, 08:11 AM
Maybe something like:

GSW: Aldridge
CHA: Wiggins & SAS 11th
SAS: Batum (expiring) & GSW 2nd

Arcadian
10-20-2020, 08:40 AM
Thread title sucks

JuneJive
10-20-2020, 08:43 AM
This whole LMA to GS scenario is pretty plausible.

It's a win-win scenario for both parties.
One gets a proven vet in a position of need ( one that matches up particularly well against Davis and Jokic ), the other gets #2 pick and a much needed buiding block for the future.

The question regarding Wiggins is, what would the Spurs have to attach to him in order to move him somewhere else.
Probably the Minny top-3 protected '21 pick that the Dubs would need to include anyways.

Degoat
10-20-2020, 09:03 AM
why would Pacers do that? each of these players would bring something better if it were traded individually.

Because they’re about to hire a new coach who probably doesn’t want to play two bigs between Turner and Sabonis, with the #2 pick they can probably get a perimeter player like Ball or Edwards since Oladipo potentially could be leaving eventually

itzsoweezee
10-20-2020, 10:52 AM
Can you imagine a team with both DeRozan and Wiggins on it? Lol. I would only hate watch. That team's not winning 30 games next season.

Leetonidas
10-20-2020, 10:54 AM
Can you imagine a team with both DeRozan and Wiggins on it? Lol. I would only hate watch. That team's not winning 30 games next season.

If they end up trading LMA they will probably trade DD as well imho. Signals spurs are committed to rebuilding

LCM
10-20-2020, 11:11 AM
They’re trying to offload Wiggins contract, not run up their tax figure even further. In fact, keep that in mind, the money. As a repeat tax offender that $9M contract for #2 becomes a multiple of that figure, depending on how many consecutive years they’ve busted the tax.

You're right on that. GS is going to have to eat it when it comes to salary this coming year. That is why players like an Aldridge and Gay would be attractive, they wouldn't be paying them after next year. In the 2021 offseason, they are probably going to do to Draymond what they want to do with Wiggins now, get the contract off the books by attaching a high draft pick to do it. For the short term they are going to have to shell out the cash for the salaries. Coronavirus shut off their money train of revenue with the new stadium, and they're going to feel the burden of that multiplier regardless of what roster moves they make unless they gut the team to get under the tax threshold. They aren't going to do that. It's going to take them several seasons to get their books under the tax.

MultiTroll
10-20-2020, 11:18 AM
No way GS takes LMA imo.

Will get better offers for #2 pick.

TD 21
10-20-2020, 11:19 AM
Maybe something like:

CHA: Wiggins & SAS 11th
SAS: Batum (expiring) & GSW 2nd

Minus the Warriors 2nd, I mentioned this a few days ago.

The Hornets are the type who could conceivably be dumb and desperate enough.

As much as the top of the draft has shades of '13, this would still be a homerun if they could pull it off.

exstatic
10-20-2020, 11:29 AM
No way GS takes LMA imo.

The #2 pick is for choking down Wiggins shitty contract. LMA fits a need and is salary ballast for the deal. GS needs someone to go up against AD, Joker, and Gobert in the playoffs

rjv
10-20-2020, 11:29 AM
No way GS takes LMA imo.

in some years, i think that would be true but the value of this year's 2nd pick is not all that high. although there will likely be an all star or two to be found in this draft, no one knows for certain who that will be. LMA is worth more than this year's #2.

mo7888
10-20-2020, 11:47 AM
I think LMA is a great fit in GS but, there's no way I'd give him + 11 for #2 + Wiggins. We Should definitely keep 11 if we have to swallow Wiggins.

baknedkly
10-20-2020, 12:09 PM
I came up with a trade idea about a month ago and checked it on trade machine. It's actually realistic and beneficial for all teams. It frees up cap space for the Spurs while also getting back assets, moves the vets to give them a chance at ringing, and gives the Spurs a chance to still remain competitive.

Spurs trade DDR and Gay to GSW for #2 pick. GSW sends Wiggins to Cleveland and Cleveland sends the #5 pick and Cedi Osman back to the Spurs. This trade works in trade machine and leaves us with picks #2, #5, and #11 along with a 3 point shooter and 6'7 wing in Cedi Osman.

Why the GSW do the trade? Simple. They will be in win now mode and cutting down on that big luxury tax bill. With Wiggins and their core while adding a high draft pick that probably will not be able to really contribute to a championship team just increases that bill. DDR fits the Kevin Durant role for them of being a scorer when needed but he also has increased his facilitating and having 2 of the best shooters in the game gives him a lot of free space to work. I'm sure they can resign him to a possible 3 year deal that comes out cheaper than what they would pay Wiggins as he would probably take a little bit of a discount to play with them. Gay gives them another scoring vet off of the bench and can play small ball center for them if needed. Additionally they will still have 2 first round picks coming in in 2021 to continue their talent pool.

Why Cleveland does the trade? Simple. They already have plenty of youth on the team but not a big wing that can score and defend and is unlikely to get that at pick #5. Wiggins provides that. Wiggins can give them 20 points a game and guard the bigger wings. He has the athleticism to do so and is a former #1 pick. He may lack intensity at times but it doesn't mean he can't do it. This moves the pick in a questionable weak draft and get back a player that can step in now with their veteran front court and young guards and make them a playoff contender in the East.

Why Spurs do the trade. Simple. It frees up cap space for a small market team to save a few $ and gives them more chances in the lottery to develop players. This allows the Spurs to still be a team that treats their players fairly by sending them to a championship caliber team and sending DDR home to California. This trade saves them $32.8 million against the cap, gives them 2 additional high lottery picks, and gives them another shooting wing. With the cap space the Spurs can easily extend Derrick White and also offer Christian Wood a contract. This gives the Spurs the opportunity to add talent while still having cap space next year as well when Patty and LMA contracts come off the books. And if necessary we can still trade LMA and get back more assets if we want.

Spurs
Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks
Wood/Lyles/Samanic
Osman/Johnson
White/Walker
DJM/Mills

This makes all 3 teams competitive and gives the Spurs 3 picks. I'm thinking Deni at #2, Hayes at #5, and maybe Poku at #11. These picks allows the Spurs great versatility and gives us players that can be brought up slowly in the Spurs G-league system in year 1 and gives us replacements in case players like Walker and/or DJM don't work out. All 3 players are capable of running an offense and can be primary or secondary playmakers if needed. I though about Wiseman but it depends on what the Spurs want to do with Poeltl and LMA. My only issue is he can be a very big boom or bust player at #2 or #5 without him having played practically any college ball. I do like his potential but he probably will need a year or 2 in the Spurs G-league to get accustomed to the system.

spurspl
10-20-2020, 12:14 PM
^wait whaat?? cavs giving 5th and cedi for only a wiggins? XD

r0drig0lac
10-20-2020, 12:21 PM
No way GS takes LMA imo.

without Wiggins, yes, with Wiggins? no way

Why Cleveland does the trade? Simple. They already have plenty of youth on the team but not a big wing that can score and defend and is unlikely to get that at pick #5. Wiggins provides that.
ye....NO

Dverde
10-20-2020, 12:42 PM
I think LMA is a great fit in GS but, there's no way I'd give him + 11 for #2 + Wiggins. We Should definitely keep 11 if we have to swallow Wiggins.

My thoughts exactly. Might be willing to throw in the 2nd rounder. Gotta hold on to #11 if Wiggins is involved.

How epic would it be to have old Rudy Gay play with a younger version of himself in Wiggins.

baknedkly
10-20-2020, 12:47 PM
We have to take back some salary back to make the trade. They have Kevin Porter Jr. and he plays G/F. Osman is on a decent salary for what he provides and we can use the shooting.

exstatic
10-20-2020, 01:32 PM
We have to take back some salary back to make the trade. They have Kevin Porter Jr. and he plays G/F. Osman is on a decent salary for what he provides and we can use the shooting.

Wiggins already makes more than LMA, so, no, we don’t need to take back anymore salary.

If the Spurs wanted KPJ, they would have drafted him. He was available.

Dverde
10-20-2020, 01:51 PM
Zach Lowe continues to hit new lows. Lowe on his pod proposed Spurs #11, Rudy Gay, and Keldon “freaking” Johnson for #2 pick. You can just tell he is phoning in his research.

Ocotillo
10-20-2020, 01:56 PM
Well this is all fun and what not with minimal activity going on now but it was some writer throwing some stuff against the wall so I think it's most likely there is nothing there. On the other hand, if PATFO think Wiseman is the real deal I would not be opposed to shipping Aldridge to GS and as Ex said, let Timmy D start working with the kid. Duncan came to the Spurs as a four year senior. Wiseman is still a pup and with a couple of years with the master, why not? I get all the arguments against Wiggins. Someone said he could be traded because he is a big wing and while that is true, just like with GS, you are going to have to pay someone to take his contract which means some of our young guns or picks too. That gives me pause.

itzsoweezee
10-20-2020, 01:57 PM

Especially in this draft where it is FAR from certain that the #2 pick will actually turn out to be a better player than the #11 pick

lebomb
10-20-2020, 02:03 PM
The Spurs should:

Swap Aldridge w/ GS for #2 pick, trade DM to Chicago #17 pick in 2023 for Zack Levine plus middle league exception to bring in Tyler Hero and their #3 pick in 2025 to gain access to Mello Ball with Luka thrown in for DD plus $50Mil cash over the next 18yrs.

szkorhetz
10-20-2020, 02:06 PM
The Spurs should:

Swap Aldridge w/ GS for #2 pick, trade DM to Chicago #17 pick in 2023 for Zack Levine plus middle league exception to bring in Tyler Hero and their #3 pick in 2025 to gain access to Mello Ball with Luka thrown in for DD plus $50Mil cash over the next 18yrs.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSS35yCwn4SBDau_O6ScrznkGNvFAo HEVvExA&usqp=CAU

Robz4000
10-20-2020, 02:27 PM
The Spurs should:

:lol

baknedkly
10-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Wiggins already makes more than LMA, so, no, we don’t need to take back anymore salary.

If the Spurs wanted KPJ, they would have drafted him. He was available.

I think you misunderstood me. In my trade GSW is taking Rudy Gay using their traded player exception and DDR for Wiggins and #2. The Spurs are then sending Wiggins to Cleveland for Osman and #5. To make the trade work we need to take salary back from Cleveland and Osman becomes expendable if they get Wiggins. There are rumors that Cleveland wants to trade the #5 for a vet established player and really Wiggins is about the best they can realistically get. They need a big wing because they are starting 2 6'1 point guards and I was saying that they have Porter Jr. that plays the G/F position for them if Osman is traded. Porter Jr. himself is only 6'4 so they need the size and athleticism that Wiggins provides. Wiggins is no all star by any means but he is still young, athletic, and a 20 point per game scorer for his career, which is better than what they will be able to get at the position by the time they draft or anyone else that they could realistically trade for. This gives them a front court of Drummond, Love, and Wiggins. They can get scoring and size to help their short guards. I wasn't saying the Spurs wanted Porter Jr.

MultiTroll
10-20-2020, 02:53 PM
The #2 pick is for choking down Wiggins shitty contract. LMA fits a need and is salary ballast for the deal. GS needs someone to go up against AD, Joker, and Gobert in the playoffs
So why would getting the #2 possibly be worth having yet another long term overpaid shitty contract?

exstatic
10-20-2020, 03:16 PM
So why would getting the #2 possibly be worth having yet another long term overpaid shitty contract?

Spurs might think it is. Depends who they want, I guess.

FutureMan
10-20-2020, 04:47 PM
Minus the Warriors 2nd, I mentioned this a few days ago.

The Hornets are the type who could conceivably be dumb and desperate enough.

As much as the top of the draft has shades of '13, this would still be a homerun if they could pull it off.

Whoa hold on. You think Aldridge’s value is Batum AND us giving up the 11th pick??

I know the site historically underrates Aldridge but damn haha

Seventyniner
10-20-2020, 04:55 PM
I still don't think the #2 pick is enough to compensate for losing Aldridge and having to eat that horrible Wiggins contract. I want that MIN 2021 1st also, and would include Gay (traded into the TPE) to get it. Maybe even Murray instead, though the whole point is for GS to shed salary.

If they counter by trying to include #11, the entire deal would be Aldridge + Gay + #11 for Wiggins + #2 + MIN 2021 1st. That MIN pick will be quite juicy.

In the end I still don't think it's enough for killing the 2021 cap space the team has seemed to work towards for so long, but weirder things have happened.

cjw
10-20-2020, 05:04 PM

What on earth were they thinking trading DLo for him?

I guess they got a 2021 first that’s likely a lottery pick out of the trade. But it’ll take that pick to move on from him.

TD 21
10-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Whoa hold on. You think Aldridge’s value is Batum AND us giving up the 11th pick??

I know the site historically underrates Aldridge but damn haha

The only chance of getting 2 hinges on taking Wiggins and Batum is probably the only chance of dumping Wiggins and getting out of the extra 2 years he has. Batum essentially replaces Aldridge's salary for next season, then comes off the books.

Basically, the Spurs trade an old player, who clearly prefers to be elsewhere and jump 9 spots in the draft to 2.

Collins21
10-20-2020, 05:48 PM
The only chance of getting 2 hinges on taking Wiggins and Batum is probably the only chance of dumping Wiggins and getting out of the extra 2 years he has. Batum essentially replaces Aldridge's salary for next season, then comes off the books.

Basically, the Spurs trade an old player, who clearly prefers to be elsewhere and jump 9 spots in the draft to 2.

Where do you get this he clearly prefers to be somewhere else stuff from. The has said he want to finish in San Antonio or Portland. He has also said that if the Spurs want him he wants to be there. Where do you have him saying different.

td4mvp2k
10-20-2020, 05:59 PM
I still don't think the #2 pick is enough to compensate for losing Aldridge and having to eat that horrible Wiggins contract. I want that MIN 2021 1st also, and would include Gay (traded into the TPE) to get it. Maybe even Murray instead, though the whole point is for GS to shed salary.

If they counter by trying to include #11, the entire deal would be Aldridge + Gay + #11 for Wiggins + #2 + MIN 2021 1st. That MIN pick will be quite juicy.

In the end I still don't think it's enough for killing the 2021 cap space the team has seemed to work towards for so long, but weirder things have happened.
this is what they would want without giving up that Min pick.. imo

TD 21
10-20-2020, 06:02 PM
Where do you get this he clearly prefers to be somewhere else stuff from. The has said he want to finish in San Antonio or Portland. He has also said that if the Spurs want him he wants to be there. Where do you have him saying different.

The fact that he literally brought up a specific place (more than once) speaks volumes. He just doesn't want the backlash (again) that comes with wanting out, but it's clear and understandable that he'd want to go to a place where they have a better chance to win short term.

Even if he was open to finishing here, I'd still take 2 over 35 year old on a non contending team.

FutureMan
10-20-2020, 06:05 PM

So more likely you see it as this??

CHA: Wiggins, GSW 2nd, & SAS 11th
SAS: Batum & CHA 3rd

gambit1990
10-20-2020, 06:12 PM
aim for the 3rd pick tbh, the hornets don't know shït.
https://i.imgur.com/TkfefgO.png

Amuseddaysleeper
10-20-2020, 06:36 PM
In what world would a team be crazy enough to trade the #2 pick for LMA? Don’t believe it has a prayer in hell of happening

Dverde
10-20-2020, 06:42 PM
aim for the 3rd pick tbh, the hornets don't know shït.
https://i.imgur.com/TkfefgO.png
LMA is a Jordan shoes guy. Just saying. He knows the coach.

Dverde
10-20-2020, 06:46 PM
I could see GSW trading #2 for Rudy Gay and #11 using their trade exception. They could keep Wiggins that way for depth. Seems like a plan H type of thing. They were after Gay when he was a FA a few years ago.

cd021
10-20-2020, 07:07 PM
I could see GSW trading #2 for Rudy Gay and #11 using their trade exception. They could keep Wiggins that way for depth. Seems like a plan H type of thing. They were after Gay when he was a FA a few years ago.

GSW's not trading back 9 spots for Rudy Gay.

Robz4000
10-20-2020, 07:13 PM
In what world would a team be crazy enough to trade the #2 pick for LMA? Don’t believe it has a prayer in hell of happening

The #2 pick this year would be like the #10 pick in a normal draft. This year's draft is that bad for top tier talent. That being said there are a ton of really nice mid-tier players; no game-changers, but there could be some solid building blocks.

mo7888
10-20-2020, 08:33 PM
GSW's not trading back 9 spots for Rudy Gay.

They might for DM +11...

baseline bum
10-20-2020, 08:38 PM

Good, might as well tank when they're nowhere close to contention.

Robz4000
10-20-2020, 09:04 PM
Good, might as well tank when they're nowhere close to contention.

Especially when next year's draft could be legendary.

rankingtear
10-20-2020, 10:26 PM
Zach Lowe from his latest pod - There’s limited trade interest in DeMar & Aldridge - Teams will call San Antonio about Derrick White because, “there’s this sense that the Spurs have all these young guards & they’re eventually gonna trade one of them.”

Degoat
10-20-2020, 10:43 PM
​
Zach Lowe from his latest pod - There’s limited trade interest in DeMar & Aldridge - Teams will call San Antonio about Derrick White because, “there’s this sense that the Spurs have all these young guards & they’re eventually gonna trade one of them.”

if they decide to trade Derrick over dejounte I’d be bummed af lol we can trade dejounte or Lonnie I’d be fine with that but we need to hold onto DWhite and Keldon

TD 21
10-20-2020, 11:51 PM
So more likely you see it as this??

CHA: Wiggins, GSW 2nd, & SAS 11th
SAS: Batum & CHA 3rd

Can't see the Warriors even entertaining it without 11.

The Hornets might be the rare (only?) team who'd still view Wiggins as something of an asset.

tmtcsc
10-21-2020, 12:09 AM
This article is pretty much the definition of throwing shit at the wall.

Thank you. The article talks about the Spurs' perhaps thinking of going with a youth movement anchored by Dejonte Murray & Derrick White. Excuse me? When TF did Murray become relevant to the Spurs success? He's been nothing but a flash in the pan bust. The Spurs gambled and gave him a decent contract that he'll never live up to. If anyone should be moved, its him.

Any realistic discussion about the Spurs' young future stars needs to begin with Keldon Johnson.

Chillen
10-21-2020, 01:10 AM
Aldridge's game would be perfect for Warriors. Warriors #2 pick and Wiggins for LMA, and Spurs #11 pick. I would do that trade. Warriors would have a real big 4 again LMA/Curry/Thompson/Green and the 11th pick. Warriors in win now mode next season obviously. Spurs rebuilding now. This trade makes to much sense for both teams to actually happen lol.

cd021
10-21-2020, 01:16 AM
They might for DM +11...

Maybe that package could entice another lottery team; Atlanta maybe, at 6. I don't think they'd be able to justify trading down 9 spots for Murray. He's viewed as a pretty good prospect around the league but they are in the market for impact players.

rankingtear
10-21-2020, 01:52 AM
Maybe that package could entice another lottery team; Atlanta maybe, at 6. I don't think they'd be able to justify trading down 9 spots for Murray. He's viewed as a pretty good prospect around the league but they are in the market for impact players.

People here are underrating Murray too much. He will be a perennial all defensive guard on the Warriors. In his second season he finished 5th in defensive rating and defensive box plus minus almost the same impact as defensive anchor centers like Gobert, Embiid and Capela. He still got votes this year even when we are garbage defensively. With him bulking up and a year remove from ACL I can see him being better defensively than that second year.

Ignazzz
10-21-2020, 04:03 AM

If it's just GS/Spurs

Spurs - 2# (Wiseman)

awfull offer for Collins and Kevin with Wiggins sałary in bonus

BG_Spurs_Fan
10-21-2020, 05:16 AM
Not sure the second pick in a bad draft is worth almost $100 mil, especially in this climate. Actually I'm sure it isn't, unless they're sure whoever they'd get will be a star.

cd021
10-21-2020, 05:32 AM
People here are underrating Murray too much. He will be a perennial all defensive guard on the Warriors. In his second season he finished 5th in defensive rating and defensive box plus minus almost the same impact as defensive anchor centers like Gobert, Embiid and Capela. He still got votes this year even when we are garbage defensively. With him bulking up and a year remove from ACL I can see him being better defensively than that second year.

He's about properly rated tbh. Defense isn't his problem, its offense. He has shaky handles and limited court vision, its unlikely that he's a PG. He showed a lot of improvement as a shooter but he'll need to become a high volume 3pt shooter to become an effective offensive player.

Murray + 11 for #2 probably doesn't make sense for Golden State. They probably want proven vets that can immediately help put them back into contention.

If the are willing to trade him than maybe Atlanta might make sense. They needed a guard who can defend beside Young and fits their timeline. Trading Murray + 11 for the 6th pick might be more realistic.

exstatic
10-21-2020, 06:07 AM
Aldridge's game would be perfect for Warriors. Warriors #2 pick and Wiggins for LMA, and Spurs #11 pick. I would do that trade. Warriors would have a real big 4 again LMA/Curry/Thompson/Green and the 11th pick. Warriors in win now mode next season obviously. Spurs rebuilding now. This trade makes to much sense for both teams to actually happen lol.

No, they don’t get 11. Wiggins 3/$94 awful deal really should call for multiple picks, but we’ll just keep 11 in lieu of another pick.

spurspl
10-21-2020, 06:29 AM
if we really dont want to trade our 11 and we sure that wiseman is the guy we should trade up for with GSW, what about this trade: LMA, murray, gay for wiggins, paschall, 2. It could seem a lil bit too much for our guys but GSW as some of u mentioned are in a win now mode so they get two experienced bigs that are ready to play from day one plus they have one year contract so GSW can potentialy sign a big name in next offseason (giannis?). They still have their MINs pick and a young guard in murray.
But still the only thing that makes me feel concerned is ddr and wiggins duo. Imo it wont ever work.

rankingtear
10-21-2020, 06:33 AM
He's about properly rated tbh. Defense isn't his problem, its offense. He has shaky handles and limited court vision, its unlikely that he's a PG. He showed a lot of improvement as a shooter but he'll need to become a high volume 3pt shooter to become an effective offensive player.

Murray + 11 for #2 probably doesn't make sense for Golden State. They probably want proven vets that can immediately help put them back into contention.

If the are willing to trade him than maybe Atlanta might make sense. They needed a guard who can defend beside Young and fits their timeline. Trading Murray + 11 for the 6th pick might be more realistic.

GS run a motion offense similar to the one we run in 2013-2014. Green is really their nominal point guard. They don't run a ton of pick and roll ( last in the league ) or post up entry passes things Murray is struggling to do. Nobody overdribbles, one or two dribble then pass.

The bubble offense is more of a dribble drive motion offense, crucial in these are Murray and Lonnie downhill players with great first steps. Doesn't need high level reads or advance handles just attack the rim or handoff to poeltl or kickout to players waiting on the corner.

Aldridge on the other hand is a bad fit, the motion offense counters teams who play big. They don't want to play big not in closing lineups.

mo7888
10-21-2020, 12:57 PM
if we really dont want to trade our 11 and we sure that wiseman is the guy we should trade up for with GSW, what about this trade: LMA, murray, gay for wiggins, paschall, 2. It could seem a lil bit too much for our guys but GSW as some of u mentioned are in a win now mode so they get two experienced bigs that are ready to play from day one plus they have one year contract so GSW can potentialy sign a big name in next offseason (giannis?). They still have their MINs pick and a young guard in murray.
But still the only thing that makes me feel concerned is ddr and wiggins duo. Imo it wont ever work.

It wouldn't work under the Cap for them. If they were willing to go deep into the tax they could trade #2 + Wiggins for LMA + Murray (taking Murray in their trade exception). That would be a very good trade for them for next season and it's probably good for us long term.

Prime BEEF
10-21-2020, 02:49 PM
I know Wiseman is raw, but his NCAA violation was a technicality, not a cash grab, and I keep wondering what TD could do with that raw talent under his wing.
Agreed. Think he performs well under TD.

Prime BEEF
10-21-2020, 02:59 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2020/10/19/five-nba-offseason-predictions

Go for it Pop.
Would definitely do...
-LMA for Wiggins/#2

Not as happy about this but would probably still do it...
-LMA/#11 for Wiggins/#2

Would do this deal too...
-LMA/KJ for Wiggins/#2

look_at_g_shred
10-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Would definitely do...
-LMA for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/#11 for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/KJ for Wiggins/#2
FOH

Prime BEEF
10-21-2020, 03:08 PM
I think he’s talking about Wiggins. No trade for #2 doesn’t involve his contract going out.
Agreed. Wiggins will be a part of any trade package with #2 pick

talkspurs
10-21-2020, 03:21 PM
Would definitely do...
-LMA for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/#11 for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/KJ for Wiggins/#2

yes no no.

gospursgojas
10-21-2020, 03:46 PM
Who Tf cares about David Aldridge

Sugus
10-21-2020, 03:48 PM
​

if they decide to trade Derrick over dejounte I’d be bummed af lol we can trade dejounte or Lonnie I’d be fine with that but we need to hold onto DWhite and Keldon

I understand why you'd be bummed - I'd be too, tbh. But it makes the most sense, realistically. White is by far the Spurs guard with the most trade value right now, and also probably the closest to his ceiling; he's been playing great, because he's about 4-5 years older than Lonnie or Keldon (I was surprised to learn DJ is 24 already... yuck). Selling high on him after his bubble performance, especially for a pick in next years' draft, would be a very smart move for the Spurs. Of course, the return has to be great, and I don't know how much I trust this new FO in that regard, but that's true for every trade we could make, tbh.

Dverde
10-21-2020, 06:57 PM
Would definitely do...
-LMA for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/#11 for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/KJ for Wiggins/#2

I’d rather give up Lonnie before Keldon. Definitely no on 2 and 3. I could see LMA, 2020 2nd rounder for Wiggins and #2

cd021
10-21-2020, 08:23 PM

That makes sense, I don't know if they'd trade him though. Something like White + 11th to Atlanta for 6th or even just White to Phoenix for 10th.

GS run a motion offense similar to the one we run in 2013-2014. Green is really their nominal point guard. They don't run a ton of pick and roll ( last in the league ) or post up entry passes things Murray is struggling to do. Nobody overdribbles, one or two dribble then pass.

The bubble offense is more of a dribble drive motion offense, crucial in these are Murray and Lonnie downhill players with great first steps. Doesn't need high level reads or advance handles just attack the rim or handoff to poeltl or kickout to players waiting on the corner.

Aldridge on the other hand is a bad fit, the motion offense counters teams who play big. They don't want to play big not in closing lineups.

They may like Murray just fine but Murray and 11 for the 2nd pick isn't going to move the needle for them. They want to maximize the Curry, Thompson, Green trio's remaining prime.

I think Aldridge can be useful to GSW, though he probably wouldn't close games for them.

cd021
10-21-2020, 09:06 PM

Murray, Gay, and LMA combine to make nearly $60 million (when including Aldridge's 15% trade kicker) technically a trade involving them for Wiggins, Looney, and #2 pick works but GSW would be taking on an insane amount of money.

Aldridge and Gay for Wiggins, Looney and # 2 is the only trade that might make sense-- at least for the Spurs. GSW would probably ask for #11 back but taking on Wiggins for 3 more years just to move up 9 spots seems pretty steep.

Mugen
10-22-2020, 06:42 PM
No way I'm taking back that Wiggins money.

poopbox
10-22-2020, 11:47 PM
Yeah unless it is a godfather offer or derrick's uncle decides he won't take anything less than a max offer from the spurs there is a 0% chance he is getting traded...he is arguably the most important player to whatever future success the spurs will have...

R. DeMurre
10-23-2020, 12:03 AM
No way I'd take on the Wiggins contract, and no way I'd trade KJ for anything less than a star. If KJ plays next year anywhere near his level of effectiveness in the Bubble, he might be the steal of his draft, and he's on an extremely favorable and inexpensive rookie contract as the 29th pick. Looking at the advanced stat Win Shares per 48, KJ is second in his draft class, behind only Brandon Clarke, but ahead of even Ja and Zion. That's a ridiculously encouraging stat.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2019.html