PDA

View Full Version : [News Article] The Athletic reports "an agent" thinks DeMar doesn't like San Antonio

Dejounte
10-21-2020, 01:02 PM
https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/the-athletic-nba-agent-says-derozan-does-not-want-to-be-in-san-antonio

mo7888
10-21-2020, 01:05 PM
https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/the-athletic-nba-agent-says-derozan-does-not-want-to-be-in-san-antonio

If that's true (probably is) and the LMA to GS stuff is true (I'm less convinced on that) then maybe we move Demar and use the asset coming back to attach to wiggins to move him elsewhere? Or maybe keep the asset and try to rehabilitate wiggins enough to move him next summer?

Chucho
10-21-2020, 01:07 PM
Going to be a lot of upset couch GMs when DeMar and LMA play out their contracts next year and are gone for nothing.

SpurPadre
10-21-2020, 01:09 PM
Going to be a lot of upset couch GMs when DeMar and LMA play out their contracts next year and are gone for nothing.

This, tbh. Ain't shit happening but a pick at #11 that won't elicit a consensus from us here.

rjv
10-21-2020, 01:11 PM
the athletic is usually pretty reliable but agents, that's a wholly different story.

Degoat
10-21-2020, 01:11 PM

Totally what’s gonna happen lol I feel like Aldridge won’t be down to play for a rebuilding team so maybe he gets traded but idk about Demar, maybe he does opt out

Dverde
10-21-2020, 01:21 PM
He probably doesn’t like San Antonio, because they didn’t offer him the contract he wanted.

DJR210
10-21-2020, 01:22 PM
Feeling is mutual

baseline bum
10-21-2020, 01:24 PM
prayingdog.gif

Dejounte
10-21-2020, 01:34 PM
He probably doesn’t like San Antonio, because they didn’t offer him the contract he wanted.

Or because his Comp10 shirts didn't sell well.

R. DeMurre
10-21-2020, 01:36 PM
For a guy that grew up in Compton, it has to be at least a little bit of culture shock. He seemed happy in Toronto, but that's also a big, cosmopolitan city.
I remember reading an interview featuring Arvydas Sabonis back in the early 2000s where he said he was happy to be back in Europe, because he never really liked American culture, and I always wondered & laughed at how skewed a version of American Culture he probably experienced being on that infamous Jailblazer team.

NASpurs
10-21-2020, 01:42 PM
Gotta love it. This along with Marco not returning is already turning into a great offseason. Finish it off by sending Bryn to the Tijuana donkey league.

A+++

exstatic
10-21-2020, 01:43 PM
Probably Kawhi’s ball washer reporting that the one and only agent at Impact is saying this.

Dex
10-21-2020, 01:44 PM
He didn't want to be in San Antonio in the first place and the team has played poor (for Spurs' standards) since he's been here, so not sure why this would come as a surprise to anyone.

r0drig0lac
10-21-2020, 01:48 PM
idgaf

exstatic
10-21-2020, 01:50 PM
Dream scenario: DD opts out, SA and golden state complete LMA for Wiggins and #2, aaaaand we flip Wiggins to the attraction starved NYK for a future first rounder and maybe a smallish contract, if needed.

Dex
10-21-2020, 02:01 PM
Dream scenario: DD opts out, SA and golden state complete LMA for Wiggins and #2, aaaaand we flip Wiggins to the attraction starved NYK for a future first rounder and maybe a smallish contract, if needed.

Pretty sure the Knicks are on Pop's shitlist along with the Lakers now tbh

Rusty
10-21-2020, 02:12 PM
Derozen doesn't fit in anywhere. He can't 3 and he's a shooting guard

gambit1990
10-21-2020, 02:14 PM
make it happen rc :hungry:

https://i.imgur.com/TkfefgO.png

look_at_g_shred
10-21-2020, 02:18 PM
I won't be mad, at least we'll know this is the last year and we'll have the #11 pick on the team.

Degoat
10-21-2020, 02:21 PM
Demar posted on Instagram referring to this article I think! LMAO

Dejounte
10-21-2020, 02:23 PM
Demar posted on Instagram referring to this article I think! LMAO

CGnegyxnLhi

So I guess fake news?

look_at_g_shred
10-21-2020, 02:26 PM
CGnegyxnLhi

So I guess fake news?
You can like san antonio but also want to leave too.

Sugus
10-21-2020, 02:27 PM
Don't do it... Don't give me hope.

On a more serious note, I'm not trusting this rumor right away. DeMar has already come out in the past to dismiss "insider rumors" that paint his stay or involvement with the Spurs in a negative way. Of course, where there's smoke, and all that jazz, but I'm still expecting a DeRozan tweet in a few hours with a few emojis and something like "smh who pays these guys to write that stuff" or "where do these guys get that stuff from" or something ambiguous like that.

E: LMAO it literally happened while I was writing the post :lol. Expected, tbh. We'll see soon enough how much truth there is to all this...

EasyMoney
10-21-2020, 02:29 PM
Detroit could land a top pick, demar derozan via sign and trade, and Fred vanvleet. While keeping Blake griffin and Christian wood. Not a bad offseason if this all unravels.

look_at_g_shred
10-21-2020, 02:30 PM
Don't do it... Don't give me hope.

On a more serious note, I'm not trusting this rumor right away. DeMar has already come out in the past to dismiss "insider rumors" that paint his stay or involvement with the Spurs in a negative way. Of course, where there's smoke, and all that jazz, but I'm still expecting a DeRozan tweet in a few hours with a few emojis and something like "smh who pays these guys to write that stuff" or "where do these guys get that stuff from" or something ambiguous like that.

E: LMAO it literally happened while I was writing the post :lol. Expected, tbh. We'll see soon enough how much truth there is to all this...
Also too, the fact that he always has to do some damage control is Durant level esque

Dejounte
10-21-2020, 02:32 PM
Meanwhile,

My boy is ready to replace DeMar:

CGnaknDHKw3

/Shameless plug

MultiTroll
10-21-2020, 02:32 PM
Like the way he played in the bubble.
Accepted his role, timely scoring. Good passing.

If senile Grandpa would not feature he and LMA in the 1990s offense he could continue to fit in.

Dex
10-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Like the way he played in the bubble.
Accepted his role, timely scoring. Good passing.

If senile Grandpa would not feature he and LMA in the 1990s offense he could continue to fit in.

I still have the same concerns that he came in with. Good scorer, but inefficient and shrinks when it matters most. Net negative on the defensive end.

DeMar was DeMar before Pop and he will be DeMar after Pop.

MultiTroll
10-21-2020, 02:36 PM
I still have the same concerns that he came in with. Good scorer, but inefficient and shrinks when it matters most. Net negative on the defensive end.

Exactly.
So needs to be role played as he was in the bubble.
Not prior to bubble.

Chinook
10-21-2020, 02:47 PM

I mean on one hand, dream scenarios are just that. They don't need to be realistic. On the other hand, if NYK wanted Wiggins right now, they and GS would probably already have a deal done. I also don't know how a dream scenario doesn't involve moving DMDR for value.

If you want 2, just deal with Wiggins. It'd cost at least 11 to get rid of him and get back a bad contract. I probably suggest going whole hog and trading Wiggins and Murray for Paul Wall. Wall's very well might be the worst contract in the NBA, but he's also a high-tier star/low-tier superstar when healthy. I don't know how appealing Wall for Wiggins and Murray would be, but it'd prevent the team from having to rebuild and leave them with an okay financial outlook.

Or they could just swing for the fences this year and go Gay, Mills and Murray for Wall. If they managed to put together a Wall/White/DeRozan/11/Aldridge lineup, it's probably top-four in the West. The PF drafted at 11 would definitely have to be a shooter, though.

Sugus
10-21-2020, 02:49 PM
Also too, the fact that he always has to do some damage control is Durant level esque

Yeah, that's the thing that irks me and why I wrote the original comment. He was so-very-obviously going to deny whatever rumor came his way, even when we're quite close to the date where he has to make a decision (what date is the deadline now, even?). I mean... If you're gonna stay, shut up and opt in; if you're gone, shut up and be gone. Why all this pretentious bullshit saying people don't have sources on you or whatever shtick? What does anyone gain from it? There's gonna be rumors either way and you haven't cleared up anything, it's not like he answered the Athletic article with an IG video wearing a "HE STAY" shirt or something like that. Weak shit from a weak guy.

LakerHater
10-21-2020, 02:53 PM
I thnk this is all his agent!!

ragas
10-21-2020, 03:02 PM
I mean, why should he like San Antonio? Nobody wanted him here and that didn’t change. And he didn’t want to get traded to SA. In this stage of his career, I would look to go elsewhere and don’t care about the money, but winning. He’s good enough to be a 3rd man for a contender.

look_at_g_shred
10-21-2020, 03:08 PM
I thnk this is all his agent!!
That'd be funny. Taking the good cop/bad cop approach.

TD 21
10-21-2020, 03:29 PM
Notice there's no implicit denial. There's been too many rumors and it just makes sense anyway. It's not about the organization or probably even city per se, it's just logical that he wouldn't want to be here. No sentimental reasons, bad/ill-fitting roster, they appear disinterested in extending him and he's aging.

Let's hope he forces their hand because I don't trust them otherwise. The key is his opting in. If he doesn't, with their luck, Van Vleet will re-sign and the Pistons will sign him outright (if they don't draft Okongwu, they loom as a Poeltl offer sheet team too). If he opts in, there's the possibility of working the him + 11 for 7 angle, among other options.

Joseph Kony
10-21-2020, 03:37 PM
dude lived in a nice ass city where it was cold as fuck to be traded to bum ass san antonio where its 100 degrees in October :lol can you really blame him

Dverde
10-21-2020, 04:04 PM
Spend a couple years in New York, Charlotte, or Detroit and he’ll be crying in bed holding pictures of Lowry and Keldon.

The Truth #6
10-21-2020, 04:08 PM
Agent speak is worthless, but it probably is helpful in understanding a possible negotiating tactic. But I don’t think the agent realizes that most fans are ok with him leaving. Playing this card doesn’t help their cause.

The Truth #6
10-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Even more Machiavellian would be if this was the spurs leaking it to establish motivation for his exit.

LakerHater
10-21-2020, 04:56 PM
another article says "anonymous agent"

kobyz
10-21-2020, 05:50 PM
DeMar to Utah for Bogdanovic and a pick

GAustex
10-21-2020, 05:52 PM
Utah don’t want nothin to do wit DDR

J_Paco
10-21-2020, 05:52 PM

I wouldn't say that DeMar is inefficient, or at least he hasn't been with the Spurs, but that his favorite spots on the floor are low - efficiency shots for most.

So, basically Tony Parker without a Tim Duncan & Manu Ginobili to playoff of & minimize his weaknesses.

Well, those two guys aren't on the Spurs anymore, the definitely don't exist in today's NBA & the Spurs have too many young guards/swing men they hope can partially replace his offensive production.

Dex
10-21-2020, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't say that DeMar is inefficient, or at least he hasn't been with the Spurs, but that his favorite spots on the floor are low - efficiency shots for most.

So, basically Tony Parker without a Tim Duncan & Manu Ginobili to playoff of & minimize his weaknesses.

Well, those two guys aren't on the Spurs anymore, the definitely don't exist in today's NBA & the Spurs have too many young guards/swing men they hope can partially replace his offensive production.

I'd argue that Tony was better getting to the rim and finishing early in his career, and later he at least developed a serviceable three-point shot (even if he didn't use it a whole lot). Tony knew when to shoot from range, and hit a lot of big 3-balls even if he wasn't a volume shooter.

The same can't be said for DeMar. He has a great mid-range game...but it mostly consists of difficult shots that "efficient" players would save for a last-case scenario.

The only other thing that DeMar has going for him is his ability to get to the free-throw line, but as we know that can't always be counted on...especially in the playoffs.

PhantomDashCam
10-21-2020, 06:22 PM
Now I like Derozan’s game more than most and agree like others have suggested that his “bubble” play - Offensively - is the best we can hope for going forward.

My biggest concerns though stem from Miami’s bubble and playoff success - and as a result the offensive similarities between Butler and Derozan’s game and utilisation of such for our Spurs team.

The Spurs Key BTS personnel may feel they are closer to contending than most media/fans/peers would lead you to believe, with Derozan leading the attack surrounded by great shooters and 3 and D role players.

This, needless to say would be a huge mistake but it’s closer to reality than many would like to admit.

J_Paco
10-21-2020, 06:23 PM
I'd argue that Tony was better getting to the rim and finishing early in his career, and later he at least developed a serviceable three-point shot (even if he didn't use it a whole lot). Tony knew when to shoot from range, and hit a lot of big 3-balls even if he wasn't a volume shooter.

The same can't be said for DeMar.

The only other thing that DeMar has going for him is his ability to get to the free-throw line, but as we know that can't always be counted on...especially in the playoffs.

Right, Tony was special with his first step & ability to get into the paint. And he had insane touch, that signature floater & spin move that were nearly unstoppable at his best.

DeMar's best move(s) seems to be that fadeaway & step back jumper(s) at the elbow area.

I'd be more than happy with moving him & acquiring a SF/PF or PF/C prospect that can grow with the young guards.

J_Paco
10-21-2020, 06:28 PM
Now I like Derozan’s game more than most and agree like others have suggested that his “bubble” play - Offensively - is the best we can hope for going forward.

My biggest concerns though stem from Miami’s bubble and playoff success - and as a result the offensive similarities between Butler and Derozan’s game and utilisation of such for our Spurs team.

The Spurs Key BTS personnel may feel they are closer to contending than most media/fans/peers would lead you to believe, with Derozan leading the attack surrounded by great shooters and 3 and D role players.

This, needless to say would be a huge mistake but it’s closer to reality than many would like to admit.

That might be true, but would mean that the team needs to acquire a two - way, rim running PF/C & a volume, three - point shooting wing to better compliment him.

Which would mean he'd (hopefully) slide back to SG full-time & then would really obstruct the playing time & growth of Johnson, Walker IV, White and/or Murray.

Plus, he's no where near the defensive stalwart that Butler has been his entire career.

rankingtear
10-21-2020, 06:40 PM
This supports the ATL insider info that his agent is telling teams (contenders) that he is going to opt out.

PhantomDashCam
10-21-2020, 06:44 PM
That might be true, but would mean that the team needs to acquire a two - way, rim running PF/C & a volume, three - point shooting wing to better compliment him.

Which would mean he'd (hopefully) slide back to SG full-time & then would really obstruct the playing time & growth of Johnson, Walker IV, White and/or Murray.

Plus, he's no where near the defensive stalwart that Butler has been his entire career.

Without question and the dissimilarities with mental toughness, playing through contact w/o a whistle etc.

I’m not necessarily saying the Spurs are going for a 1 to 1 build like Miami, but it does give credence to the rumours of Spurs looking for that type of C in the draft- either through trade or pick #11.

Russ
10-21-2020, 06:49 PM
Even more Machiavellian would be if this was the spurs leaking it to establish motivation for his exit.

Like Pop's dinner with Vinny Del Negro . . .

The Truth #6
10-21-2020, 06:55 PM
Meanwhile,

My boy is ready to replace DeMar:

CGnaknDHKw3

Who is this?

/Shameless plug

Dejounte
10-21-2020, 07:00 PM
Mason Jones.

gambit1990
10-21-2020, 07:04 PM
if demar really wanted to be in sa then wouldn't he have opted in already?

i guess the delay so teams can figure out if a S&T would be best.

poopbox
10-22-2020, 12:07 AM
While I don't think Demar flat out said he doesn't like San Antonio one thing the bubble showed is that when it comes to San Antonio and Demar him staying is not the number 1 thing they want and when it comes to Demar and San Antonio him playing here is not the number one thing he wants...

R. DeMurre
10-22-2020, 12:47 AM
I mean on one hand, dream scenarios are just that. They don't need to be realistic. On the other hand, if NYK wanted Wiggins right now, they and GS would probably already have a deal done. I also don't know how a dream scenario doesn't involve moving DMDR for value.

If you want 2, just deal with Wiggins. It'd cost at least 11 to get rid of him and get back a bad contract. I probably suggest going whole hog and trading Wiggins and Murray for Paul Wall. Wall's very well might be the worst contract in the NBA, but he's also a high-tier star/low-tier superstar when healthy. I don't know how appealing Wall for Wiggins and Murray would be, but it'd prevent the team from having to rebuild and leave them with an okay financial outlook.

Or they could just swing for the fences this year and go Gay, Mills and Murray for Wall. If they managed to put together a Wall/White/DeRozan/11/Aldridge lineup, it's probably top-four in the West. The PF drafted at 11 would definitely have to be a shooter, though.

Obviously a mispost, but are you referencing Chris Paul or John Wall?

szkorhetz
10-22-2020, 02:22 AM
I like wall, really, really much and I truly believe he is a top 3 PG, but... And he is unlikely to be ever 100% healthy again
https://serving.photos.photobox.com/73042598696285fc7984bffb12a0739e3c7e08785d0fa85506 0ab6ee73559439e3bcd893.jpg

Rummpd
10-22-2020, 06:35 AM
Pack leave and go

kobyz
10-22-2020, 09:23 AM
Utah don’t want nothin to do wit DDR

Utah is the one team that could perfectly use him, they need another prime scorer and creator to decrease the load of Spider, and they have behind Gobert, the one guy who can truly cover his defensive shortcoming

Dex
10-22-2020, 09:43 AM
DeMar responds:

demar_derozan
Me trying to figure out when I said that shit 🤔

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGnegyxnLhi/?igshid=njkdiqigbjl3

Did we ever add a way to embed Instagram?

Chinook
10-22-2020, 10:24 AM

I was talking about Wall, though I was basically channeling Chris Paul when I said that. My thought would be that the Spurs would take on bad contracts for picks and then move those contracts to WSH for Wall. It'd be like the Spurs getting paid to take on Wall's salary without having to make the Wizards pay -- because they probably wouldn't. Wall is probably overpaid by double, but if you can move enough bad money to discount that by 50 percent or so, then his talent might be worth it.

We also don't have to worry about the kicker anymore, since that would take Wall past the max. Or at least that's the way it used to work. Had the cap kept rising, it might've kicked in but in a depressed cap, they should just go away as part of the deal. Don't believe the Capulator takes that into account though.

RC_Drunkford
10-22-2020, 12:02 PM

Shit I would love to have Paul Wall on the Spurs. Would add some swag to the team

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RemarkableElasticGerbil.webp

Dverde
10-22-2020, 12:12 PM
DeMar responds:

demar_derozan
Me trying to figure out when I said that shit 樂

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGnegyxnLhi/?igshid=njkdiqigbjl3

Did we ever add a way to embed Instagram?

I guess Demar hadn’t heard that Ice Cube was cancelled.

Chinook
10-22-2020, 12:18 PM
Shit I would love to have Paul Wall on the Spurs. Would add some swag to the team

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RemarkableElasticGerbil.webp

What it do, babe. It's the Ice Man Paul Wall,
I got my mouth looking something like a disco ball,
I got the diamonds and the ice all hand set,
I might cause a cold front if I take a deep breath

My teeth gleaming like I'm chewing on aluminum foil,
Smile's showing off my diamonds, sipping on some purple oil,
I put my money where my mouth is and bought a grill,
Twenty carats, thirty stacks - - let them know I'm so for real

Pure poetry from my high-school days.

RC_Drunkford
10-22-2020, 12:33 PM
What it do, babe. It's the Ice Man Paul Wall,
I got my mouth looking something like a disco ball,
I got the diamonds and the ice all hand set,
I might cause a cold front if I take a deep breath

My teeth gleaming like I'm chewing on aluminum foil,
Smile's showing off my diamonds, sipping on some purple oil,
I put my money where my mouth is and bought a grill,
Twenty carats, thirty stacks - - let them know I'm so for real

Pure poetry from my high-school days.

I think they should also get Mike out of retirement. Of course I'm talking about Mike who? Mike Jooones

KayBee
10-22-2020, 12:55 PM
I think they should also get Mike out of retirement. Of course I'm talking about Mike who? Mike Jooones

Ice Age!

Dejounte
10-22-2020, 12:57 PM
https://youtu.be/i7OyKAFu50M

Dejounte
10-22-2020, 12:59 PM
https://youtu.be/WpQrAbkM3dI

Dejounte
10-22-2020, 01:05 PM
https://youtu.be/VwXeN2FsE7w

Obi Juan Kenobi
10-22-2020, 01:11 PM

Call him up 281-330-8004!!!

tmtcsc
10-22-2020, 02:48 PM
The Bucks should get Chris Paul & DeRozan to help Freak. Not sure who they would have to get rid of though.

exstatic
10-22-2020, 02:55 PM
The Bucks should get Chris Paul & DeRozan to help Freak. Not sure who they would have to get rid of though.

That’s like $70M/yr, so...

KobesAchilles
10-22-2020, 03:31 PM
Would be awesome if he just walked tbh. Is it sad that I'm proud of my franchise for not doing the stupid thing and giving him a max extension :lol

Let him walk, trade Gay midseason and get LMA to Golden St. And like someone said before, get Bryn TFOH

Dex
10-22-2020, 03:32 PM
I guess Demar hadn’t heard that Ice Cube was cancelled.

Out of the loop, what did Cube do now?

exstatic
10-22-2020, 04:18 PM
Out of the loop, what did Cube do now?

Revealed he’s a Trumpista.

Dex
10-22-2020, 04:20 PM

I miss the days when our cancel culture wasn't related to our shitty presidential options.

TD 21
10-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Would be awesome if he just walked tbh. Is it sad that I'm proud of my franchise for not doing the stupid thing and giving him a max extension :lol

Let him walk, trade Gay midseason and get LMA to Golden St. And like someone said before, get Bryn TFOH

Yeah, it'd be awesome to throw another asset in the garbage and become an even bigger embarrassment as opposed to recouping some value for him.

Cap space is irrelevant to a non glamour franchise that refuses to re-build and be a dumping ground for dead money to acquire more picks.

Asset management is paramount.

Dex
10-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Yeah, it'd be awesome to throw another asset in the garbage and become an even bigger embarrassment as opposed to recouping some value for him.

Cap space is irrelevant to a non glamour franchise that refuses to re-build and be a dumping ground for dead money to acquire more picks.

Only idiots want to compound bad decisions by making even worse decisions.

Then again, I don't trust anybody who is rooting for the franchise to fail just so they can say "I told you so" to a forum which has become overrun by trolls.

TD 21
10-22-2020, 04:46 PM
Only idiots want to compound bad decisions by making even worse decisions.

Then again, I don't trust anybody who is rooting for the franchise to fail just so they can say "I told you so" to a forum which has become overrun by trolls.

Only idiots don't realize that recouping some value is better than none. They won't get what most of you expect/hope, but being able to package him with 11 could get them to 6-7, which increases the odds of netting a long term core piece.

:lmao Apologist logic = accurately assessing their predicament as "rooting for the franchise to fail just so they can say I told you so".

Leetonidas
10-22-2020, 04:56 PM

Wasn't that 50 cent?

KobesAchilles
10-22-2020, 04:57 PM

I mean it would be nice to package him to move up but what team in the top 7 would want him? Maybe trade him to a contender for a pick? Idk. But I rather have cap space than the 28th pick in the draft.

TD 21
10-22-2020, 05:09 PM
I mean it would be nice to package him to move up but what team in the top 7 would want him? Maybe trade him to a contender for a pick? Idk. But I rather have cap space than the 28th pick in the draft.

They won't get what most of you expect/hope, but being able to package him with 11 could get them to 6-7, which increases the odds of netting a long term core piece.

mo7888
10-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Wasn't that 50 cent?

You are correct... Cube didn't endorse anyone that I saw...he reached out to both campaigns to see who would work with him on issues that effect AA communities and the Biden group wasn't interested now and Trump's group was...so he had input into the Trump Platinum Plan.

Dex
10-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Only idiots don't realize that recouping some value is better than none. They won't get what most of you expect/hope, but being able to package him with 11 could get them to 6-7, which increases the odds of netting a long term core piece.

:lmao Apologist logic = accurately assessing their predicament as "rooting for the franchise to fail just so they can say I told you so".

I was actually trying to agree with you, and referring to KobesAchilles as the one rooting for the franchise to fail...

....but you seem to be too busy trying to talk shit to realize that.

Mugen
10-22-2020, 06:40 PM
Pop retiring and Bryn being gone are bigger Ws in my book but I'll be thrilled if Derozan isn't a Spur next season. Bye tbh.

weeks
10-22-2020, 07:14 PM
Wasn't that 50 cent?
i thought it was kanye?
props to cube, takes balls in this insecure environment

D-Robinson 50 fan
10-22-2020, 07:24 PM

He really didn't though.

Lol

Kyle_Kuzma
10-22-2020, 07:36 PM
in hindsight, y’all should’ve taken Ingram right?:lmao

GAustex
10-22-2020, 08:07 PM
Utah is the one team that could perfectly use him, they need another prime scorer and creator to decrease the load of Spider, and they have behind Gobert, the one guy who can truly cover his defensive shortcoming
You may be right.
I was referring to Utah in general which seems like the last place DDR would want to be and them want him culturally.
My bad
I take my retort back.

KobesAchilles
10-22-2020, 08:32 PM
I was actually trying to agree with you, and referring to KobesAchilles (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=50221) as the one rooting for the franchise to fail...

....but you seem to be too busy trying to talk shit to realize that.
i mean as far as I’m concerned the franchise has already failed. We are closer to the bottom than people want to admit. Besides Keldon (who Pop has no influence over) NONE of our young players improved. We still don’t know if White and Murray can play together and we are stuck with 2 unhappy vets who want to go to a contender to win a ring. We’ve passed the point of “rooting for them to fail” they are failing homie.

My belief is to get rid of the deadweight. Advancement by getting rid of those that chain us. Get rid of Forbes, DDR, Marco, and Gay. Lyles too only since Pop is going to start him. I would love him off the bench. I honestly think that would make us a better franchise.

couchman
10-23-2020, 10:44 AM
Demar won't pass up the nearly $28million he is due this year because he can't get that in the open market, especially with Covid hurting revenues which will flatten the cap and maybe even push it lower.
My guess is that Demar's agent is not getting a lot of positive feedback from people who might be buying in free agency.
Combine Demar's poor advanced metrics with a flat salary cap and you have a scenario where Demar can't get much in free agency this year or next year.
So instead his agent is trying to gin up interest for a multi-year deal to secure a good payday and avoid free agency.
If they don't think SA will pony up for a multi-year deal they have to try to force a trade to someone who will do it.

TheCerebral1
10-24-2020, 11:22 AM
From this Spurs fan, get the fuck out DeMar Derozan. Go back to Toronto, I'd rather start a deep rebuild than sign you for 5 years. You're a flawed selfish one dimensional player. Get the fuck out of San Antonio.

TheCerebral1
10-24-2020, 11:25 AM
dude lived in a nice ass city where it was cold as fuck to be traded to bum ass san antonio where its 100 degrees in October :lol can you really blame him

Demar, is one of the most OVERRATED players in the league. He doesn't play defense, he cannot shoot a three. He's the antithesis of the NBA today. Get out of San Antonio. I strictly speak for the basketball on the court. I'm sure Deron is a great teammate and a good person. However, LEAVE! San Antonio is no slouch of a city.

cd98
10-24-2020, 01:17 PM
NBA came in $1.5 billion under estimated revenues for the year. Demar has no choice but to opt in or he will be in a world of hurt trying to chase that kind of money in free agency. He's got to play this next year and hope the NBA recovers so he can seek another big pay day.

RC_Drunkford
10-26-2020, 09:04 PM
Call him up 281-330-8004!!!

hit mike jones up on the low he bout to blow

DPG21920
10-27-2020, 02:23 PM
NBA came in $1.5 billion under estimated revenues for the year. Demar has no choice but to opt in or he will be in a world of hurt trying to chase that kind of money in free agency. He's got to play this next year and hope the NBA recovers so he can seek another big pay day.

I do not believe this to be accurate on what DDR will do fwiw