PDA

View Full Version : Eye poker / punch retaliation. What say ye?

MultiTroll
11-02-2020, 10:27 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-bears-wims-ejected-after-punching-saints-db-twice/ar-BB1aB7mh?ocid=msedgdhp

Watch: Bears' Wims ejected after punching Saints DB twice

MultiTroll
11-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Got to know if his fingers were over Wims eyes and if so, how much pressure did he shove with. Looks like it could have been an upper cheek push, not an eyeball push.

If Saints db Gardner-Johnson was over both eyes and put substantial pressure, i would say fine the hell out of him.

Of course the Bear dude is going to get fined.

Darth_Pelican
11-02-2020, 11:48 AM
It did not look like an eye poke. Looked a couple inches under the eye on the cheek. That being said, CGJ was the instigator but the Bears WR let him get in his head, went emo and punched him with his helmet on which I will never understand. CGJ is definitely a trash talking fool, which is why Michael Thomas punched him in practice and got suspended.

phxspurfan
11-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Yeah I bet the dude deserved it. Sucks no one (especially refs) ever see what started it

Like the dude Miles Garrett swung a helmet at last year. I bet he did say the N word or some shit. No way someone gets that crazy for no reason

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30244703/new-orleans-saints-db-cj-gardner-johnson-denies-report-spit-bears-wr-javon-wims

(...) the second-year pro did deny an NFL Network report that said Wims told Bears officials Gardner-Johnson spit on him, leading to his ejection Sunday for sucker-punching him on the field.

Although cameras captured Gardner-Johnson ripping out Wims' mouthpiece and jabbing a finger in the face of fellow Bears receiver Anthony Miller on previous plays, Gardner-Johnson insisted Monday that "I'm innocent."

Gardner-Johnson did take a verbal jab at Wims on Instagram after the game, however, saying, "That man punch like a female"

Millennial_Messiah
11-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Yeah I bet the dude deserved it. Sucks no one (especially refs) ever see what started it

Like the dude Miles Garrett swung a helmet at last year. I bet he did say the N word or some shit. No way someone gets that crazy for no reason

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30244703/new-orleans-saints-db-cj-gardner-johnson-denies-report-spit-bears-wr-javon-wims

(...) the second-year pro did deny an NFL Network report that said Wims told Bears officials Gardner-Johnson spit on him, leading to his ejection Sunday for sucker-punching him on the field.

Although cameras captured Gardner-Johnson ripping out Wims' mouthpiece and jabbing a finger in the face of fellow Bears receiver Anthony Miller on previous plays, Gardner-Johnson insisted Monday that "I'm innocent."

Gardner-Johnson did take a verbal jab at Wims on Instagram after the game, however, saying, "That man punch like a female"

Myles Garrett got off scot free though, missing half a year of a worthless rookie contract and then getting a massive record extension.

Millennial_Messiah
11-02-2020, 05:20 PM
It did not look like an eye poke. Looked a couple inches under the eye on the cheek. That being said, CGJ was the instigator but the Bears WR let him get in his head, went emo and punched him with his helmet on which I will never understand. CGJ is definitely a trash talking fool, which is why Michael Thomas punched him in practice and got suspended.
Thomas would be smart to hold out if he doesn't get traded. No reason to play for a team that completely betrayed you in favor of a shitty, younger, penalty-machine scrub safety, the 3rd best of his kind on the team.

If I were the great Michael Thomas and they didn't trade me after that, i'd put drano and a roofie in Payton's friday night cocktail and tell him I'm out for the year, tbh

Millennial_Messiah
12-14-2020, 07:56 AM
One of those Steelerefs punched a guy in the eye last night on special teams... what say ye?

SpursforSix
12-14-2020, 02:21 PM
One of those Steelerefs punched a guy in the eye last night on special teams... what say ye?

I donkey punched your mom and you didn't say a thing.