PDA

View Full Version : Questions/concerns/observations

Walton Buys Off Me
11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
After four games, The Straw That Stirs The Drink weighs in on the defending champs 05-06 season thus far.

Concerns
1. Extent of Barry injury- with Ginobili hobbling, this is bad timing. Finley and Udrih need to elevate their games.

2.Nesterovic- Calling him anything other than useless would be like calling Terrell Owens a class act. We clearly can't depend on this guy for anything other than maybe ensuring the morning coffee is warm. Pop needs to integrate Oberto more and start Nazr. Rasho should only be used if Mohammed/Oberto and are in foul trouble and we absolutely need a seven footer in the game. He's the worst starting center in the game and it's going to be difficult ridding ourselves of the 4 years/28 million left on this waste of carbon's deal. What the hell was Pop thinking in signing this douchebag?

3.Ginobili- needs to sit and get healthy. We can't afford to have this guy ‘hurt’ all year. We have the depth (depending on Barry's availability) to allow him to rest for a couple of games. I’m condident Pop will sit him tonight as we have back-to-back on Friday/Saturday.

Positives

1. Duncan looks very sharp- free throws are falling, very mobile and aggressive- looks like the Tim Duncan of old. This was my biggest concern and so far, so good. If this guy can remain like this- make the rings now Stern.

2. Parker- showing no signs of fatigue after a busy summer. Granted, it's still early but his shot and free throws looks better. He was awesome against Chicago on Monday.

On a sidenote, I realize that many of my loyal followers here at SpursTalk are upset with my lack of activity of late and I want to dispel any rumors about my departure. Rest assured, I would never abandon a house I helped build. Truth is, I've been extrememly busy planning my wedding (scheduled for August 2006) but will return to full strength in the very near future. I apologize that many of you must continue to endure the boring, tired, drawn out rants of Marcus Bryant but look at it this way- without his nonsensical diatribes about Peter Holt's wallet, who would be the resident retard of the board? It's a proven formula- every message board needs a DizzG.

Marcus Bryant
11-09-2005, 10:59 AM
This forum missed one of your classic PMS threads after the 1st loss of the season. But I guess it's hard for you to see the keyboard with Holt Cat's nuts hanging on your chin.

Walton Buys Off Me
11-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Marcus- you know I love you.

How've you been?

Marcus Bryant
11-09-2005, 11:02 AM
That's a scary thought.

Swell.

Trailer Trash
11-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Walton's a good fella wez smoked some grass back'n the day.

Solid D
11-09-2005, 12:02 PM
With Rasho's 4 games this season, he has passed Bill Walton on the "Games Played" list by 4 (472 games and counting). Rasho takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Question: Did Bill Walton ever get his bicycle back?

Kori Ellis
11-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Just some comments on Rasho .. I'd imagine if Nazr or Oberto ever look better than simply horrendous on the defensive end, they'll have a chance at the starting job. At this point, they don't. So I think Rasho has the starting job for now.

BillsCarnage
11-09-2005, 01:39 PM
The injury bug is nipping at yer heels and it's only 4 games into the season.

leemajors
11-09-2005, 02:01 PM
rather have the injury bug early than late.

BillsCarnage
11-09-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah but the problem w/early ones is that the tend to nag around all season.

DesiSpur_21
11-09-2005, 02:07 PM

Howb't it hitting ya before the season started ?? :lol

STFU.

angel_luv
11-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Just some comments on Rasho .. I'd imagine if Nazr or Oberto ever look better than simply horrendous on the defensive end, they'll have a chance at the starting job. At this point, they don't. So I think Rasho has the starting job for now.

Nazr and Oberto have their work cut out for them because my Man is going to have an awesome year.

SenorSpur
11-09-2005, 02:57 PM

God help us if this remains the case throughout the year!

T Park
11-09-2005, 02:58 PM
my Man is going to have an awesome year.

when is this gonna happen exactly?

BillsCarnage
11-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Howb't it hitting ya before the season started ?? :lol

STFU.

puhlease.. Sit out, heal and come back 100% vs nagging injury all season long. You'll be calling for Pops head once he plays Gino into a full injury.

SequSpur
11-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Sign Sprewell.

SequSpur
11-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Trade Rasho, Nazr, and Ginobili for Kevin Garnett.

I would buy his jersey.

Rydia
11-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Wow.....and I thought Rasho was doing really well. He seems more agressive and he's been making a few more points where as Oberto and Nazr just seem to get fouls.

I'm still a Rasho fan...we won last year and we will this year

E20
11-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Nazr
2005-06 Statistics
PPG 5.3
RPG 2.0
APG .0
SPG .00
BPG .75
FG% .750
FT% .750
3P% .000
MPG 11.3

Rasho
PPG 5.0
RPG 4.3
APG .3
SPG .25
BPG .75
FG% .588
FT% .000
3P% .000
MPG 17.8

boutons
11-09-2005, 06:49 PM
The stats don't show the TOs from Nazr's bad hands.
He could probably get 4 - 5 more PPG if he could just catch the ball, take a handoff.

thispego
11-09-2005, 07:04 PM
injury bug bit yer heels completely off before the season even started...
how's amare doing? :lmao