PDA

View Full Version : The GA Senate runoffs: Jan 8

boutons_deux
11-09-2020, 03:42 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=c5ffe9fe07&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r3863798168520910679&th=175aebcd898aeef7&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-mGtwZGXVG4pljHlTP6TYfUvjIj6VyduM7WNEr051kEO1qQFwoN OOsUZS_rErkRrnj6DNIuLIRPN2UbWBWkXCIWe5E2f1Kdd_NIav BcmGNFlnwp-HHonoTmpw&disp=emb&realattid=ii_khb0ey9s0
Moscow Mitch is putting in $100M, white she devil is putting her $25M

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 03:45 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=c5ffe9fe07&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r3863798168520910679&th=175aebcd898aeef7&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-mGtwZGXVG4pljHlTP6TYfUvjIj6VyduM7WNEr051kEO1qQFwoN OOsUZS_rErkRrnj6DNIuLIRPN2UbWBWkXCIWe5E2f1Kdd_NIav BcmGNFlnwp-HHonoTmpw&disp=emb&realattid=ii_khb0ey9s0
Moscow Mitch is putting in $100M, white she devil is putting her $25M
:lol that’s gonna be a small fraction of what people spend. I think we’re going to get to $1 billion spent across both runoff elections over the next 2 months.

gambit1990
11-09-2020, 03:51 PM
it's important enough that i thought biden / harris should live in GA for at least a month.

i'm super happy that yang will be moving to GA for this :tu it's awesome he's taking this as seriously as it needs to be taken.

boutons_deux
11-09-2020, 04:09 PM
I want to see the Obamas, maybe Hillary, Bill Clinton, etc down there, and Steyer + Bloomberg $10Ms

baseline bum
11-09-2020, 04:16 PM
I want to see the Obamas, maybe Hillary, Bill Clinton, etc down there, and Steyer + Bloomberg $10Ms

I want to see the Clintons as far away from Georgia as possible.

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2020, 04:26 PM
Damn. It will suck to be in Georgia the next couple of months. It will be non stop ads everywhere they turn.

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 04:28 PM
My hopes for these races are fading. I’m never going to forgive AOC and Sanders for letting the woke police takeover progressive politics.

gambit1990
11-09-2020, 04:28 PM
TBH, i really wanted biden to mention the runoff the other night.

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2020, 04:29 PM
Good luck getting the young Trump haters to turn out for the runoff.

gambit1990
11-09-2020, 04:34 PM
i'm optimistic.

the trump administration is gonna be a huge drag on the party. georgia dems will still be motivated. and abrams is there.

i'll take it.

Reck
11-09-2020, 04:36 PM

Muhahhahahaha

gambit1990
11-09-2020, 04:38 PM
ossoff is currently down ~90,000 votes.

GA's third party got ~114,000 so it'll be interesting to see where those votes go. i'm guessing maybe those skew more R than D but maybe a huge number of those voters don't bother to show.

trump voters won't turnout like they did on election day.

Reck
11-09-2020, 04:38 PM
My hopes for these races are fading. I’m never going to forgive AOC and Sanders for letting the woke police takeover progressive politics.

I'm less concerned about that than I am about these races becoming nationalized. We want trumpers depressed, not interested in coming out again.

ChumpDumper
11-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Good luck getting the young Trump haters to turn out for the runoff.I think they ones that already came out will be the easiest to get.

It's the Republicans who voted against/didn't vote for Trump but for all the pro-Trump candidates like you said you did that will win the race.

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 04:43 PM
ossoff is currently down ~90,000 votes.

GA's third party got ~114,000 so it'll be interesting to see where those votes go. i'm guessing maybe those skew more R than D but maybe a huge number of those voters don't bother to show.

trump voters won't turnout like they did on election day.
Chances are those votes go to people who won’t give enough of a shit to show up for a runoff if they were willing to vote for a candidate who had no chance at winning over either major party candidate.

Ossoff and Warnock are good candidates who compliment each other well. The glimmer of hope I have is that you have two very likeable Democrats vs. two extremely corrupt unlikable Republicans.

The prospect of Perdue having to debate Ossoff again is pretty funny.

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 04:45 PM
Fuck that. The following people should not be in Georgia or any state it borders if they actually want the Democrats to win

Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton
Nancy Pelosi
Chuck Schumer
Tom Perez
AOC
Bernie
Warren

ElNono
11-09-2020, 04:47 PM
Fuck that. The following people should not be in Georgia or any state it borders if they actually want the Democrats to win

Hillary Clinton
Bill Clinton
Nancy Pelosi
Chuck Schumer
Tom Perez
AOC
Bernie
Warren

Need to fly down GOAT Soros down there tho

boutons_deux
11-09-2020, 04:51 PM
Remember when Ossoff shredded Perdue at the debate? Ossoff daring Perdue to show he's chicken again (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/11/9/1994391/-Remember-when-Ossoff-shredded-Perdue-at-their-debate-Ossoff-s-daring-him-to-show-he-s-chicken-again)

Jon Ossoff is one fearless sumbitch.

With ice water sluicing through his veins, he gave us one of the very best moments of the 2020 election season when he flattened David Perdue in their debate last month and

left the Republican senator shellshocked.

Watch the epic confrontation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntpgg3PtcU8) and revel in it once more:

So humiliated was Perdue that rather than face another evisceration, he simply cut and ran from his final debate (https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/politics/georgia-senate-debate-ossoff-perdue/index.html) with Ossoff,

Now Ossoff is daring Perdue to show his true colors once more,

challenging the incumbent to three more debates (https://electjon.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/2020.11.7-debate-challenge-letter-2.pdf)

between now and the Jan. 5 runoff. (correction to title)

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/11/9/1994391/-Remember-when-Ossoff-shredded-Perdue-at-their-debate-Ossoff-s-daring-him-to-show-he-s-chicken-again (https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/11/9/1994391/-Remember-when-Ossoff-shredded-Perdue-at-their-debate-Ossoff-s-daring-him-to-show-he-s-chicken-again?detail=emaildkre)

Trainwreck2100
11-09-2020, 04:52 PM

Has he been big on the woke train?

Reck
11-09-2020, 04:58 PM

So this is why these two senators are butthurt over. The fact he said it is highly unlikely Trump will overtake Biden in Georgia. :lol

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 05:03 PM
Has he been big on the woke train?
He definitely went all in on wokeness compared to 2016 when he never talked about it. He’s not as bad as AOC but one of the reasons Biden did so much better against him than Hillary did is because he turned off a lot of white working class primary voters he had before he went woke.

ElNono
11-09-2020, 05:06 PM

So this is why these two senators are butthurt over. The fact he said it is highly unlikely Trump will overtake Biden in Georgia. :lol

:lol They fucked up. tick tock.

Let's take a look at the scoreboard for Georgia:

Biden: 16 electoral votes
Trump: 0 electoral votes

You hate to see it!

Rummpd
11-09-2020, 05:11 PM
Putting bs aside this matters

boutons_deux
11-09-2020, 05:15 PM
I want to see the Clintons as far away from Georgia as possible.

yep, you're right

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 05:16 PM
Democrats also got killed in the senate this year because of bad oppo research. They kept re-running generic ads about healthcare while the Republican ads were more targeted (ie they eviscerated Greenfield for every tenant her real estate firm has ever evicted). There’s a fuck load of negative stuff out there about Perdue and Loeffler, it really shouldn’t be hard to run negative ads that attack their character. Theyre both horrible people, especially Loeffler.

Kurgan
11-09-2020, 05:19 PM
i'm optimistic.

the trump administration is gonna be a huge drag on the party. georgia dems will still be motivated. and abrams is there.

i'll take it.

Not really. Dems in congress underperformed the two times Trump was on the ticket in 2016 and 2020. The hope is that without Trump carrying the Republicans, the Dems will perform closer to 2018 levels.

gambit1990
11-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Not really. Dems in congress underperformed the two times Trump was on the ticket in 2016 and 2020. The hope is that without Trump carrying the Republicans, the Dems will perform closer to 2018 levels.
point being that trump won't be on the ticket in january.

his covid handling / handling of the governement until january isn't going to be anything to gush about. so he'll be a net negative, imo, rather then a net positive.

Spurs Homer
11-09-2020, 07:39 PM

Not sure if this ^ is the answer...

Instead of hoping for EVERY VOTE -

You immediately jump on the current Republican narrative that Dems are destroying each other and AOC/Bernie are toxic?

Maybe tons of those new voters that helped Biden win by voting for the first time - were recruited by Bernie/AOC (aside from Stacey Abrams)?

Trainwreck2100
11-09-2020, 07:48 PM
Democrats also got killed in the senate this year because of bad oppo research. They kept re-running generic ads about healthcare while the Republican ads were more targeted (ie they eviscerated Greenfield for every tenant her real estate firm has ever evicted). There’s a fuck load of negative stuff out there about Perdue and Loeffler, it really shouldn’t be hard to run negative ads that attack their character. Theyre both horrible people, especially Loeffler.

Loeffler went full magatard to get to the run off she'll survive if Trump decided to campaign for her

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 07:53 PM
Not sure if this ^ is the answer...

Instead of hoping for EVERY VOTE -

You immediately jump on the current Republican narrative that Dems are destroying each other and AOC/Bernie are toxic?

Maybe tons of those new voters that helped Biden win by voting for the first time - were recruited by Bernie/AOC (aside from Stacey Abrams)?
Any votes Bernie/AOC got were gotten because of their stance on healthcare and economic equality. No one was won over by Bernie/AOC because they support defund the police (but not literally just figuratively!) or because they’re focused on tranny rights.

Spurs Homer
11-09-2020, 08:01 PM
Any votes Bernie/AOC got were gotten because of their stance on healthcare and economic equality. No one was won over by Bernie/AOC because they support defund the police (but not literally just figuratively!) or because they’re focused on tranny rights.

Maybe.

But - EVERY FUCKING VOTE IS NEEDED.

So why do exactly what Repukes want and blame one Dem side or the other?

The young people that - for the first time decided to get involved - love them some AOC - my daughter is newly into politics -partly because of AOC's fucking twitter acct -

Im pretty sure young people can decide to vote Republican - if progressive just tuck their tails and cater to the middle.

Get them ALL on board -

The younger the better.

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 08:04 PM
Maybe.

But - EVERY FUCKING VOTE IS NEEDED.

So why do exactly what Repukes want and blame one side or the other -

The young people that - for the first time decided to get involved - love them some AOC - my daughter is newly into politics -partly because of AOC's fucking twitter acct -

Im pretty sure young people can decide to vote Republican - if progressive just tuck their tails and cater to the middle.

Get them ALL on board -

The younger the better.
The fact every vote is needed is why you don’t let AOC campaign with naive and undisciplined fluff shit about defunding the police.

Young people really need to grow up on the woke shit. It’s embarrassing that young people care about politics at such a superficial level.

ElNono
11-09-2020, 08:08 PM
The fact every vote is needed is why you don’t let AOC campaign with naive and undisciplined fluff shit about defunding the police.

Young people really need to grow up on the woke shit. It’s embarrassing that young people care about politics at such a superficial level.

Need to build a throne in Atlanta for Queen Stacey.

Spurs Homer
11-09-2020, 08:10 PM

Young people understand that "defunding the police"

does NOT mean what Republicans say that it means.

They are up to speed more than you think.

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 08:46 PM
Young people understand that "defunding the police"

does NOT mean what Republicans say that it means.

They are up to speed more than you think.
I’m not talking about what young people think it means, I’m talking about what moderate suburban voters think it means.

If “Defund the police” doesn’t actually mean defund the police, then the fucking slogan shouldn’t be defund the police.

Spurs Homer
11-09-2020, 08:52 PM
I’m not talking about what young people think it means, I’m talking about what moderate suburban voters think it means.

If “Defund the police” doesn’t actually mean defund the police, then the fucking slogan shouldn’t be defund the police.

Democrats didn't make up the slogan -

Republicans heard protesters chanting it and lied that this was Dems platform.

Republicans started this narrative that Dems are at war with each other and that both Moderates and Progressives cannot co-exist.

Let Republicans do whatever the fuck they want in their shit party - let Dems figure out whats best in theirs.

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 08:55 PM
Democrats didn't make up the slogan -

Republicans heard protesters chanting it and lied that this was Dems platform.

Republicans started this narrative that Dems are at war with each other and that both Moderates and Progressives cannot co-exist.

Let Republicans do whatever the fuck they want in their shit party - let Dems figure out whats best in theirs.
Right, Republicans said it was the Dem platform, and rather than say “No it’s not” the Dems said “Well I doesn’t really mean defund the police literally”.

Spurs Homer
11-09-2020, 09:53 PM
Right, Republicans said it was the Dem platform, and rather than say “No it’s not” the Dems said “Well I doesn’t really mean defund the police literally”.

Well - we going in circles -

but they did say "no its not"

but Republicans/pundits/media - ran with it anyway -

I still say - better to educate the voters and ask for every vote -
instead of splitting into factions-

but I hear you.

DMX7
11-09-2020, 10:15 PM
One thing that has really hit home for me is that money means less than people think. It’s the message that counts, and people can see the same thing over and over and just not be convinced by it if it’s not the winning message.

Will Hunting
11-09-2020, 10:18 PM
One thing that has really hit home for me is that money means less than people think. It’s the message that counts, and people can see the same thing over and over and just not be convinced by it if it’s not the winning message.
Absolutely. In a presidential race money matters more because you can always just start spending money in another state that your opponent thought was safe, but in statewide/more local races there's a limit to how much money you actually need. I actually think having boatloads of money hurt Dem candidates this year, they thought having money made it so they didn't need to go door to door or engage in things like townhalls that absolutely matter.

Kurgan
11-10-2020, 04:05 AM
Loeffler went full magatard to get to the run off she'll survive if Trump decided to campaign for her

I'm not sure Trump will be willing to campaign for anybody if he's not getting anything out of it(like another term in office). Campaigning in Georgia helps Mitch but it doesn't help him keep his presidency.

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2020, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure Trump will be willing to campaign for anybody if he's not getting anything out of it(like another term in office). Campaigning in Georgia helps Mitch but it doesn't help him keep his presidency.

it gives him a chance for the jackoff rallies that he loves

Dirks_Finale
11-10-2020, 10:06 AM
Good luck getting the young Trump haters to turn out for the runoff.