PDA

View Full Version : How about Bill Millers or Grady's BBQ

davi78239
11-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Feeding off the Sea Island or Barnicle topic, I figured I'd post these locals and see what you guys prefer. Overall, I like Grady's because of the variety they offer and their chopped bbq sandwiches are better than bill miller.

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Bill Miller's at 8:50pm. :)

batman2883
11-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Rudy's Bbq Is The Shiznit And Owns All Bbq Places In San Antonio

Puppy Dog
11-09-2005, 12:58 PM
yeah man, chopped bbq at grady's, and chicken tenders at bill millers...but not that i'm looking anymore, but i seem to remember bill millers had more hotties...:tu

Das Texan
11-09-2005, 12:59 PM
rudys puts the other places to shame.

batman2883
11-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Rudys Makes Bill Millers And Gradys Look Like A Homeless Shelter Feeding Line

Spam
11-09-2005, 01:01 PM
yeah man, chopped bbq at grady's, and chicken tenders at bill millers...but not that i'm looking anymore, but i seem to remember bill millers had more hotties...:tu

You must not have been looking very hard because they are UNDER AGE!! :lol

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Rudys Makes Bill Millers And Gradys Look Like A Homeless Shelter Feeding Line

That must explain all the free shit they'll give you if you get there right before they close. :lol

On Halloween night, User went trick-or-treating there about that time and for $25 got the following:

2 chopped bbq sandwiches on poor boy buns
10 pieces of friend chicken
3 bbq chicken poor boys
1 ham poor boy
2 fries
1 gallon of tea
1 whole lemon pie

:wow :lol :tu

Triumph
11-09-2005, 01:07 PM
You must not have been looking very hard because they are UNDER AGE!! :lol

so that must mean that you WERE looking hard...:lol

besides, what's R Kelly ever done to you?

and like you didn't have the olsen twin countdown to 18 bookmarked...

PM5K
11-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Rudy's is much like Barnacle Bills for me, Rudy's BBQ is so good I can eat it with no sause. I love their sause as well but the food is so good it can stand on it's own, and that's a measure of great food...

Ocotillo
11-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Grady's or Bill Miller? Neither. Bob's Smokehouse or Rudys thank you.

KEDA
11-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Rudy's

Smoked Turkey

and

Creamed Corn!

samikeyp
11-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Bill Miller's at 8:50pm.

Hell yes!

I think Rudy's is the best but in reference to the original question, I prefer Bill Miller's.

samikeyp
11-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Creamed Corn!

That is the only place I will eat that. It rocks.

pache100
11-09-2005, 02:03 PM
I don't really care for either one. I can eat the turkey poorboy from Bill Miller, but lately I cannot eat their brisket sandwich; it used to be one of my favorites, but too much fat lately, and too tough.

I prefer the Barbecue Station to both those places. I go to the one in Converse, but I know they have other stores in San Antonio. I also like Harmon's barbecue in Cibolo, their chopped beef sandwich is outstanding. They have a tomato-honey sauce that is very good, and they use bread that tastes homemade.

rudys puts the other places to shame.

True! Forgot all about Rudy's. Even though I like it, I still prefer Barbecue Station. The observation about Rudy's creamed corn is right on the money. I tell people from out of town about that stuff, to be sure and try it when they eat there, and they just look at me and go, "Ooookaaaay." Then, they always tell me, "Geez, you were sooo right about that corn!"

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 02:07 PM
I prefer the Barbecue Station to both those places. I go to the one in Converse, but I know they have other stores in San Antonio.

There's one right around the corner from my house ... I pass by there everyday but haven't been in a long time. Do they still have all-you-can-eat beans if you dine in? I've always meant to drag User in there because of how much he loves beans. :)

User hates beans, but I've made it my life's goal that before I die he will like them. :lmao

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Rudy's Bbq Is The Shiznit And Owns All Bbq Places In San Antonio

wrong.

Barbeque Station rules!

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Barbeque Station rules!

Those old guys out back really know their shit... :smokin :lol

pache100
11-09-2005, 02:12 PM
There's one right around the corner from my house ... I pass by there everyday but haven't been in a long time. Do they still have all-you-can-eat beans if you dine in? I've always meant to drag User in there because of how much he loves beans. :)

User hates beans, but I've made it my life's goal that before I die he will like them. :lmao

They still have the free beans at the one in Converse. I almost never eat there, though, because it's always so smoky in there - I hate my clothes and hair smelling like smoked beef. :lol I order and get out as soon as I can.

That's funny about User and the beans. :lol

Those old guys out back really know their shit... :smokin :lol

Ain't that the truth!

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
I don't really care for either one. I can eat the turkey poorboy from Bill Miller, but lately I cannot eat their brisket sandwich; it used to be one of my favorites, but too much fat lately, and too tough.

I prefer the Barbecue Station to both those places. I go to the one in Converse, but I know they have other stores in San Antonio. I also like Harmon's barbecue in Cibolo, their chopped beef sandwich is outstanding. They have a tomato-honey sauce that is very good, and they use bread that tastes homemade.

True! Forgot all about Rudy's. Even though I like it, I still prefer Barbecue Station. The observation about Rudy's creamed corn is right on the money. I tell people from out of town about that stuff, to be sure and try it when they eat there, and they just look at me and go, "Ooookaaaay." Then, they always tell me, "Geez, you were sooo right about that corn!"

The Rudy's cream corn recipe is a huge corporate secret just like the formula for Coca Cola...

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 02:16 PM
The one on Harry Wurzbach & 410 (Barbeque Station) is the one by my house .... it always smells so good. I'm pretty sure I know what's for dinner Friday night.... :nerd :lol

gay abc
11-09-2005, 02:18 PM

that boy needs his fiber - actually everyone does - trust me on this one :spin

Das Texan
11-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Grady's or Bill Miller? Neither. Bob's Smokehouse or Rudys thank you.

the old southeast side instituation in bob's. great place for more than just the food.

samikeyp
11-09-2005, 02:28 PM
The one on Harry Wurzbach & 410 (Barbeque Station)

I used to work at the Tetco building right across the highway and I always wanted to go there. I need to try it.

pache100
11-09-2005, 02:31 PM
I have never eaten there, but my boss lives in Floresville, and he swears by Texas Pride Barbecue in Adkins. I have heard several other people say that it's delicious, too.

If you ever find yourself in New Braunfels, there are two great barbecue places there - Keno's and McBee's. Keno's was bought out by Bill Miller and I have not eaten there since then, but from what I understand, they still use all the Keno's recipes in that particular restaurant. When I used to go there in the early '90s, it was very good. McBee's also has a restaurant in Seguin, I believe, or they used to. Davila's Barbecue in Seguin is quite good, too.

If you are ever in Ft. Worth, try Riskey's Barbecue. The barbecue itself is excellent, but the fries are to die for. They throw onions and jalepenos in the oil when they are cooking the fries, so they are a little zingy. They serve up the deep fried jalepenos and onions with the fries, but if you scoop them out with a fork and throw them on your sandwich - YOWEE! Man, that's some good eatin'! There are several restaurants around the city, but I think the one I have been too that had the best food is the one at the Stockyards.

CharlieMac
11-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Bill Miller's makes sense for lunch.Grady's makes sense for fish.

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 02:33 PM
No, if you're in New Braunfels...you need to try Granzine's. :smokin

pache100
11-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Bill Miller's makes sense for lunch.Grady's makes sense for fish.

If I eat at Bill Miller, I get the chicken strips (and they have good gravy for dipping) or the turkey poorboy (no sauce). I've never had the fish as Grady's, I'll have to try it? Is is catfish? I love catfish! The best catfish I ever had was at Clear Springs Restaurant between Seguin and New Braunfels on Highway 46.

pache100
11-09-2005, 02:36 PM
No, if you're in New Braunfels...you need to try Granzine's. :smokin

Absolutely! We buy almost all our meat from Granzin's meat market. It's the best quality meat around, and CHEAP!

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 02:37 PM
The best catfish I ever had was at Clear Springs Restaurant between Seguin and New Braunfels on Highway 46.

Blackened .... I miss working in New Braunfels... :depressed

samikeyp
11-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Keno's in NB rocks.

pache100
11-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Blackened .... I miss working in New Braunfels... :depressed

Yes, the blackened catfish at Clear Springs is very good, but I actually like the fried catfish there better. Maybe just because I like fried catfish better than blackened. Where did you work in New Braunfels?

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 02:40 PM
A molding company right off 35 next to Canyon High School ... the last time I was up there the building was still sitting there vacant. :(

sa_butta
11-09-2005, 02:43 PM
I prefer the Barbecue Station to both those places.Best in Town
:tu

pache100
11-09-2005, 02:44 PM
A molding company right off 35 next to Canyon High School ... the last time I was up there the building was still sitting there vacant. :(

I think it still is. I live in McQueeney and am frequently in New Braunfels (especially Home Depot). I'd ten times rather go to NB when I have to "go to town" than to Seguin. Geez, I can't stand Seguin. :lol

sa_butta
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Keno's in NB rocks.another good selection
I like that place too.

Kdfelicity
11-09-2005, 02:49 PM
but i seem to remember bill millers had more hotties...:tu

I have a friend who asked out two girls who worked at Bill Miller's. They both turned out to be hoes though....

I prefer Bill Miller to Grady's. The chicken strip salad with ranch dressing is delish. I've gotten many addicted to it after I introduced them to it...

Das Texan
11-09-2005, 03:25 PM
ahh catfish. the best dirty, greasy fish out there.

Mixability
11-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Am i alone or does anyone else get sick when they eat at Long John Silvers any time after 6:00pm? Maybe I'm just paranoid but I think all the old grease they use from throughout the day makes their fish/chicken fillets horrible.

T Park
11-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Pappa's Bar B Q in Houston puts makes Rudy's look like Bill Miller's.

Pappa's Burger also gives Chris Madrid's a run for their money.

ZStomp
11-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Are you serious?
It's not even a question: BILL MILLERS

batman2883
11-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Stfu??? No One Can Possibly Beat Out Rudys At All

pache100
11-09-2005, 04:00 PM

I've eaten at Pappa's. Twice. The first time, I just didn't like the food. My friend that I visit in Houston talked me into going again. That time, I got sick. I almost never get sick from eating in restaurants. I only tried barbecue. Since I won't be going back to any Pappa's, I'll never know about the burgers.

T Park
11-09-2005, 04:44 PM
oh lord....

Also, Luthers KILLS Rudys and Bill Millers as well.

Best Ribs and Dirty Rice EVER MADE!!!

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Stfu??? No One Can Possibly Beat Out Rudys At All

Batman...you need to go to the Barbeque Station at Harry Wurzbach and 410 before you make that definitive statement. As a serious barbecuer myself I can tell you that THOSE guys know what they are doing.

T Park
11-09-2005, 04:57 PM
BarBQ station kinda dumpy? Or is it semi modern lookin....

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2005, 05:03 PM
kinda dumpy/country look. About a block west of Harry Wurzbach on the south side of 410 right by the east bound exit ramp. definitely worth a trip.

Silver21_Black20
11-09-2005, 05:07 PM
the old southeast side instituation in bob's. great place for more than just the food.

I think your referring to Bob's Smokehouse on Rigsby. Yea...I've been there once and I remember they had the most tasty, flavorful bbq I had ever tasted...and the side dishes are just as great. :)

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 05:08 PM
kinda dumpy/country look. About a block west of Harry Wurzbach on the south side of 410 right by the east bound exit ramp. definitely worth a trip.

I live in that neighborhood right behind there ... everytime I go to the ice house I get hungry for BBQ. They have the best ribs ever. :)

Das Texan
11-09-2005, 05:15 PM
I think your referring to Bob's Smokehouse on Rigsby. Yea...I've been there once and I remember they had the most tasty, flavorful bbq I had ever tasted...and the side dishes are just as great. :)

the one and only. just a short drive away from me, i should actually go there more often.

Ocotillo
11-09-2005, 05:22 PM
There is a second Bob's on Fredericksburg at Callahan, not the same atmosphere though.

RE: Long John Silvers, I have gotten sick as a dog eating there and now that you mention it, it was in the evening.

RE: New Braunfels, I heard Krausies closed, is that correct?

RE: Luthers, they tried to open a restaurant in San Antonio near Windcrest and it didn't make it. I did eat at Luthers today for lunch though (in Clear Lake).

Das Texan
11-09-2005, 05:24 PM
There is a second Bob's on Fredericksburg at Callahan, not the same atmosphere though.

ya but that one dont really count.

Dos
11-09-2005, 05:26 PM
granzins is the best in new braunfels, keno's recently changed owners I believe the bar b que sauce isn't that great anymore. My other favorite place is Tom's Ribs...

SW I used to work at Flextronics which was behind I think Simridge in New Braunfels if that is the place you used to work at... now the flextronics plant is being turned into a ashley furniture distribution place...

T Park
11-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Luthers, they tried to open a restaurant in San Antonio near Windcrest and it didn't make it

They and Pappa's need to give it a shot over here.

The Bar B Q in this town blows.

SpursWoman
11-09-2005, 05:29 PM
granzins is the best in new braunfels, keno's recently changed owners I believe the bar b que sauce isn't that great anymore. My other favorite place is Tom's Ribs...

SW I used to work at Flextronics which was behind I think Simridge in New Braunfels if that is the place you used to work at... now the flextronics plant is being turned into a ashley furniture distribution place...

Yes, it was SimRidge...Texas Jacobson...Huck Jacobson...I was there for a long time. :lol

Flextronics = Lightning Metal Specialties, we did a lot of business with you guys before they added their own molding presses and stole away Dell. :flipoff :lol

Ocotillo
11-09-2005, 05:40 PM
RE: Tom's Ribs: The one on Nacodoches is actually owned by Tom. The other two are franchises and not as good.

Dos
11-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Yes, it was SimRidge...Texas Jacobson...Huck Jacobson...I was there for a long time. Flextronics = Lightning Metal Specialties, we did a lot of business with you guys before they added their own molding presses and stole away Dell.

yeah flex kind of of screwed us... and moved production to china and mexico... bah..
oh well, yeah the catfish at clearsprings rocks.. I don't know how the one on 1604 in san antonio is.. dam now I am hungry.....

davi78239
11-10-2005, 11:29 AM
oh lord....

Also, Luthers KILLS Rudys and Bill Millers as well.

Best Ribs and Dirty Rice EVER MADE!!!

Are you all aware that there used to be Luther's BBQ in SA? It was where the old Sizzler was, which is now a Marie Calendars right up walzem where I live. My dad said that it was good and that they had onion blossom's that was served to you like a loaf of bread.

SpursWoman
11-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Louie LaDeaux has the best dirty rice ever made....sorry. :lol

KEDA
11-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Absolutely! We buy almost all our meat from Granzin's meat market. It's the best quality meat around, and CHEAP!

Absolutley the best meat market in the greater SA area, luckily Bulverde isnt that far of a drive from NB.

KEDA
11-10-2005, 11:40 AM

The only reason you like Luthers is because you gat all you can eat sides!

RUDY's > Luthers > BBQ Station > Bill Millers

Wifey
11-15-2005, 05:21 PM

very dissapointing... :depressed

you think any woman is a hottie...what about your wife...don't you have any respect