PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of politics let’s honor our brave Veterans today

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 11:30 AM
Props to all who served and serve and their loved ones for their former and ongoing sacrifices big and small.

US Army Medical Corps Ret.

clambake
11-11-2020, 11:37 AM
I heard they were losers.

Can you reconcile that for me?

Bogie
11-11-2020, 11:39 AM
Props to all who served and serve and their loved ones for their former and ongoing sacrifices big and small.

US Army Medical Corps Ret.

so are you a loser, or a sucker?

you are one of those according to the president. So which is it? Or are you both?

In the spirit of the the occasion I’ll let you self identify

Reck
11-11-2020, 12:07 PM

:lol Trump looked mad as fuck he had to wet his hair today.......again.

God is shitting on him so bad.

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 12:18 PM
so are you a loser, or a sucker?

you are one of those according to the president. So which is it? Or are you both?

In the spirit of the the occasion I’ll let you self identify

I will just assume you never served and leave it at that; and if you did props.

Bogie
11-11-2020, 12:25 PM

I’m good thanks and thanks to you for your service.

Do you consider yourself a loser or a sucker? It’s a simple question. The president you voted for thinks you are. So which do you identify as?

Me I think trumps a traitorous piece of shit. He’s never had my support. He has yours. So you agree with him. So which are you, a loser, or a sucker?

ducks
11-11-2020, 12:29 PM
Yes let’s not mention John McCain

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 12:35 PM
Neither - I will continue to work with my fellow Veterans and honor them. You are entitled to your views and millions have died serving our country so you and others freely can.

baseline bum
11-11-2020, 12:35 PM
Yes let’s not mention John McCain

LOL Trump shitting on him handed us two senators :lmao

Spurminator
11-11-2020, 12:37 PM
I support our brave troops.

https://www.armytimes.com/resizer/sQI1S1SZqXvQmEaklOLduEwTbRQ=/800x0/filters:quality(100)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/mco/KI5AQK3GZVEN5KJD27FITIPRP4.jpg

Bogie
11-11-2020, 12:41 PM
Neither - I will continue to work with my fellow Veterans and honor them. You are entitled to your views and millions have died serving our country so you and others freely can.

The president you passively aggressively support on here thinks you are. You want him as you leader. That’s what he thinks of you/us. You agree with him.

so which is it? Are you a loser or a sucker?

Reck
11-11-2020, 12:52 PM
LOL Trump shitting on him handed us two senators :lmao

plus 11 electoral college votes.

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 12:58 PM
Mr. Bogie: Why do you care about my beliefs or opinions (which I do not proffer) as that is 100 per cent not what this thread about? I will respect whomever is President and by the way thanks greatly to Biden’s son who served very nobly and died of a brain tumor and that entire family for supporting his service.

Bogie
11-11-2020, 01:04 PM
Mr. Bogie: Why do you care about my beliefs or opinions (which I do not proffer) as that is 100 per cent not what this thread about? I will respect whomever is President and by the way thanks greatly to Biden’s son who served very nobly and died of a brain tumor and that entire family for supporting his service.

I’m actually empowering you. You finally get a choice. Which do you identify as, a loser or a sucker?

You actually get to choose your own self label. Trump thinks you’re both, and you support him, regardless of any throw away lines you may try to use to deflect from having to answer.

so which is it, doc? Are you a loser or a sucker?

boutons_deux
11-11-2020, 01:05 PM
War is ABOVE ALL a Capitalistic BUSINES

Generals Get Fat and Happy on War

The colonels and generals who commanded at high levels during (http://www.understandingwar.org/sites/default/files/afORBATs_Feb2009-Dec2012.pdf) my 2011-12 Afghan surge tour may have lost the war, but they sure won the personal prosperity battle.

The Generals Cash In

To summarize and generalize, the generals (no pun intended) are

mostly working in the corporate defense industry,

strategic and security consulting,

and/or at a trans-partisan array of hawkish think tanks that provide “scholarly” justification for their own windfalls.

These organizations hardly hire the retired generals as a thanks for their service – nor for any specific technical knowledge per se – but rather

for their relationships Rolodex, insider knowledge, and influence with former subordinates now headed to the helm.

That’s where most of the colonels from my – and let’s be honest, everyone’s – Afghan tour come in.

They’ve either risen to key command and decisional positions or themselves retired, and

followed their former masters into parallel subordinate roles at the very same defense contractors, consultancies, or think tanks.

https://www.laprogressive.com/generals-get-fat-and-happy

meanwhile,100Ks of enlisted people are homeless, PSTD victims, maimed, limbless, in poverty, committing substance abuse and suicide.

Bogie
11-11-2020, 01:08 PM
I wonder which label widowmaker thinks he is, a loser or a sucker?

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 01:21 PM
I’m actually empowering you. You finally get a choice. Which do you identify as, a loser or a sucker?

You actually get to choose your own self label. Trump thinks you’re both, and you support him, regardless of any throw away lines you may try to use to deflect from having to answer.

so which is it, doc? Are you a loser or a sucker?

Obviously a step up from you who lives to label people

Bogie
11-11-2020, 01:25 PM
Obviously a step up from you who lives to label people

i didn’t label you a loser or a sucker, the president you support and voted for did.

Winehole23
11-11-2020, 02:31 PM
Trump was late at Arlington this morning. The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month must not mean very much to him.

pgardn
11-11-2020, 02:51 PM
WWI was a horrid war.

anyone wearing their poppy flower.
I is.

clambake
11-11-2020, 03:10 PM

I’ll take it that’s a “no”.

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 03:25 PM
i didn’t label you a loser or a sucker, the president you support and voted for did.

Clueless post per par

Robz4000
11-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Props to our vets tbh.

koriwhat
11-11-2020, 04:13 PM

i didn't serve in the military but come on if you really have to guess if pussy ass bogie served. that pussy won't even leave his momma's house.

btw, god bless you and thanks for your service Rummpd! :tu

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 04:55 PM
i didn't serve in the military but come on if you really have to guess if pussy ass bogie served. that pussy won't even leave his momma's house.

btw, god bless you and thanks for your service Rummpd! :tu

Thanks just one of millions and did not pay the ultimate price some did for doing so.

DMC
11-11-2020, 04:57 PM
Should honor bravery every day. Not all veterans are brave, not all brave men/women are veterans.

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 08:49 PM
Should honor bravery every day. Not all veterans are brave, not all brave men/women are veterans.

There is some real truth to this but I have met many true heroes in a long military career and many more made extensive sacrifices of some sort or another. I had the honor of as a public health doctor going to several dozen countries and was proud to serve this one. We did have some bad apples and slackers but that was a minority. But there are many other brave people in many professions and circumstances so agree with you on that point.

boutons_deux
11-11-2020, 09:02 PM
the problem, for the most part, with military service is being deployed in geopolitical mistakes and/or for American Commercial Empire, NOT for US security, NOT to spread "freedom and democracy" and The American Way.

the military spends $500M+ / year with bullshit recruiting propaganda

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 09:07 PM
the problem, for the most part, with military service is being deployed in geopolitical mistakes and/or for American Commercial Empire, NOT for US security, NOT to spread "freedom and democracy" and The American Way.

the military spends $500M+ / year with bullshit recruiting propaganda

Thanks input and your noble service - a soldiers mission is to serve as called upon by leadership regardless whom is in charge. It is good we have a civilian leadership over the military and that they can make decisions on funding, deployments, and the like. The alternative to recruiting is a draft or mandatory service.

pgardn
11-11-2020, 09:30 PM
Did all you vets wear your poppy flower?

Rummpd
11-11-2020, 09:32 PM
Did all you vets wear your poppy flower?

Somethings do not deserve a response but thanks for your input anyway.

Blake
11-11-2020, 11:12 PM

What a shit post. If anyone honorably served in a war they should be honored.

baseline bum
11-11-2020, 11:21 PM
My grandpa used to gangrape and murder Korean girls in the war. Then 40 years later all the Koreans he knew were like :cry thank you for fighting for us :cry

ducks
11-11-2020, 11:25 PM
plus 11 electoral college votes.

CNN does not have Arizona blue

baseline bum
11-11-2020, 11:30 PM
CNN does not have Arizona blue

Blue enough

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/06/politics/mark-kelly-arizona-senate/index.html

Winehole23
11-14-2020, 11:25 AM
What a shit post. If anyone honorably served in a war they should be honored.I thought DMC was *suggesting* that bravery is generically laudable, and martial glory is overrated. I see how some might take that as a dig at military service generally, I didn't.

(shrugs)

Winehole23
11-14-2020, 11:28 AM
Five US peacekeepers die in a helicopter crash in Sinai, this seems as good a thread as any to file it.

https://www.army.mil/article/240867/u_s_army_identifies_casualties

Blake
11-14-2020, 01:08 PM
I thought DMC was *suggesting* that bravery is generically laudable, and martial glory is overrated. I see how some might take that as a dig at military service generally, I didn't.

(shrugs)

"Not all veterans are brave"