PDA

View Full Version : Project Veritas gets pantsed again after faking an account of voting irregularity. :lol

RandomGuy
11-12-2020, 12:27 PM
USPS ‘Whistleblower’ Told Agents Project Veritas Penned His Ballot-Tampering Claim

The two-hour recording shows that Richard Hopkins recanted claims he had made in a sworn affidavit that top Republicans cited over the weekend as potential evidence of widespread election irregularities and fraud.

Hopkins told federal investigators on Monday his allegations were based on fragments of conversation among co-workers in a noisy mail facility in Erie, Pa., according to the recording.

When an agent from the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General asked Hopkins if he stood by his sworn statement that a supervisor “was backdating ballots” mailed after Election Day, Hopkins answered: “At this point? No.”

He also agreed to sign a revised statement that undercut his earlier affidavit.

Hopkins also repeatedly expressed regret for signing the initial affidavit because it overstated what he knew and witnessed, according to the recording.

He told agents the affidavit was written by Project Veritas.

He said he was not fully aware of its contents because he was in “so much shock I wasn’t paying that much attention to what they were telling me.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/postal-worker-hopkins-ballot-pennsylvania/2020/11/11/c9b70eda-2470-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html

ChumpDumper
11-12-2020, 12:31 PM
I pity that rube. He's gonna lose his job because he believed Trump's fake news.

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 12:32 PM
he never heard them mentioning backdating. he said he heard about some ballots marked for the 4th, one for the 3rd, and he filled in all the gaps and ran to veritas :lol

TSA
11-12-2020, 12:51 PM
he never heard them mentioning backdating. he said he heard about some ballots marked for the 4th, one for the 3rd, and he filled in all the gaps and ran to veritas :lol

Long thread on the interview and worth the read. Start from the beginning if you want an educated synopsis of the interview and not the WaPo bullshit RandomGuy linked.

https://mobile.twitter.com/McAdooGordon/status/1326702620363411457

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 12:52 PM
Long thread on the interview and worth the read. Start from the beginning if you want an educated synopsis of the interview and not the WaPo bullshit RandomGuy linked.

i watched the full 2 hour vid tbh, i dont need to read somebody else's summary

he heard something he thought was suspicious (being a trump supporter i have no doubt he already had some preconceived notions), and he filled in a lot of gaps himself and made assumptions

monosylab1k
11-12-2020, 12:52 PM
Random twitter thread = educated synopsis :lmao

ChumpDumper
11-12-2020, 12:54 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/McAdooGordon/status/1326702620363411457Dude trashed his affidavit and got a new one to sign.

That is definitely a recantation.

Shame on :lol'Keefe for not explaining the legal implications of signing someone else's affidavit.

TSA
Random twitter thread = educated synopsis :lmao

:lol random twitter thread

Leslie McAdoo
Lawyer - security clearances, debarment, gov’t employee discipline, criminal/OIG investigations trials & appeals; expert (clearance law) in federal court & DoD

spurraider21
Dude trashed his affidavit and got a new one to sign.

That is definitely a recantation.
then he goes back to veritas and says nuh uh btw here's my new gofundme thing

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 12:55 PM

Leslie McAdoo
Lawyer - security clearances, debarment, gov’t employee discipline, criminal/OIG investigations trials & appeals; expert (clearance law) in federal court & DoD
yes, some lawyer on twitter.

TSA
11-12-2020, 12:55 PM
i watched the full 2 hour vid tbh, i dont need to read somebody else's summary

he heard something he thought was suspicious (being a trump supporter i have no doubt he already had some preconceived notions), and he filled in a lot of gaps himself and made assumptions

Then you'd agree WaPo completely mischaracterized the interview.

Spurminator
11-12-2020, 12:56 PM

Leslie McAdoo

:lol random Twitter credentials

ChumpDumper
then he goes back to veritas and says nuh uh btw here's my new gofundme thing

He's gonna need the money. :lol'Keefe owes the rube that much for costing him his job.

spurraider21
i havent read the WaPo article

TSA
yes, some lawyer on twitter.

says the green lawyer on spurstalk :lol

TSA
11-12-2020, 12:57 PM

https://www.mcadoolaw.com/

ChumpDumper
11-12-2020, 12:57 PM
says the green lawyer on spurstalk :lolsays the avocado salesman on spurstalk :lol

Spurs Homer
11-12-2020, 12:58 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol TSA -

"educated synopsis"

every educated person thought pizzagate was plausible!

:lol:lol:lol:lol

TSA
11-12-2020, 12:58 PM

Leslie McAdoo Gordon is a 1996 cum laude graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center.

She is admitted to practice law in:

Maryland, the District of Columbia, & Virginia,

the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia,

the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland,

the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia,

the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia,

the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and

the United States Supreme Court.

Ms. McAdoo Gordon practices before all the federal agencies in security clearance, debarment, & employee discipline cases.

Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. McAdoo Gordon was a Special Agent at the Department of Defense, conducting background investigations for security clearance.

Ms. McAdoo Gordon has taught numerous courses about security clearances and expungment law to various bar associations & groups and has testified as a expert in security clearances.

Ms. McAdoo Gordon was recognized as a Top Lawyer in National Security Law by Washingtonian magazine, December 2015 Edition.

:lol

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 12:59 PM
says the green lawyer on spurstalk :lol
yes and if i tweeted a thread full of my opinions, i wouldnt expect people to share it around the internet calling it an educated synopsis

TSA
11-12-2020, 01:00 PM
This message is hidden because ChumpDumper is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

:lol the pathetic fuck just won't give up

Spurminator
11-12-2020, 01:01 PM
https://www.mcadoolaw.com/

http://www.giulianipartners.com/

Spurminator
11-12-2020, 01:02 PM
Leslie McAdoo Gordon is a 1996 cum laude graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center.

Ms. McAdoo Gordon practices before all the federal agencies in security clearance, debarment, & employee discipline cases.

Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. McAdoo Gordon was a Special Agent at the Department of Defense, conducting background investigations for security clearance.

Ms. McAdoo Gordon has taught numerous courses about security clearances and expungment law to various bar associations & groups and has testified as a expert in security clearances.

Ms. McAdoo Gordon was recognized as a Top Lawyer in National Security Law by Washingtonian magazine, December 2015 Edition.

I.

Don't.

Care.

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 01:02 PM
its not very difficult to be admitted to practice in federal district courts :lol... just be admitted to that state and pay a fee.

if i paid some money i could be admitted to all sorts of district courts in CA and VA

and you dont even need to take the DC bar to practice there, just be admitted to any other state for 5 years, be in good standing, and pay them some money for an application fee

i'd also generally be skeptical of people who make "best lawyers of x" awards... i get solicitation emails asking me to pay them money to get on such lists all the time :lol. hard to know which ones are actually meritorious

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 01:05 PM
just read it. what part of the WaPo article do you find to be a mischaracterization? i thought it was pretty fair.

Spurminator
11-12-2020, 01:06 PM
"This is a great source. Her resume even says so!"

:lol TSA is so desperate to be taken seriously.

TSA
11-12-2020, 01:06 PM
yes and if i tweeted a thread full of my opinions, i wouldnt expect people to share it around the internet calling it an educated synopsis

Of course you wouldn't expect that, you aren't as credentialed as her and her experience dwarfs yours.

Will Hunting
11-12-2020, 01:07 PM

:lmao

Im sure McAdoo Gordon and associates are right up there with Perkins Coie in terms of election law expertise.

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 01:08 PM
Of course you wouldn't expect that, you aren't as credentialed as her and her experience dwarfs yours.
there are a lot of credentialed/experienced attorneys who have shit arguments when it suits them. i've dealt with judges who have been completely wrong on the law.

ChumpDumper
11-12-2020, 01:08 PM
:rollin

I think we're done with Leslie now.

Will Hunting
11-12-2020, 01:12 PM
there are a lot of credentialed/experienced attorneys who have shit arguments when it suits them. i've dealt with judges who have been completely wrong on the law.
But she’s admitted to a gazillion different district courts!!!

ChumpDumper
11-12-2020, 01:14 PM
Just another honest broker brokering honestly....

TSA
11-12-2020, 01:20 PM
just read it. what part of the WaPo article do you find to be a mischaracterization? i thought it was pretty fair.

"A Pennsylvania postal worker whose claims have been cited by top Republicans as potential evidence of widespread voting irregularities admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations, according to three officials briefed on the investigation and a statement from a House congressional committee."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/postal-worker-fabricated-ballot-pennsylvania/2020/11/10/99269a7c-2364-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html

TSA
11-12-2020, 01:21 PM

And what are you claiming is a shit argument by her? Or are you just speaking in generalities?

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 01:28 PM
"A Pennsylvania postal worker whose claims have been cited by top Republicans as potential evidence of widespread voting irregularities admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations, according to three officials briefed on the investigation and a statement from a House congressional committee."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/postal-worker-fabricated-ballot-pennsylvania/2020/11/10/99269a7c-2364-11eb-8599-406466ad1b8e_story.html
i assumed we were referring to the article in the OP, which seemed pretty on-point

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 01:28 PM
And what are you claiming is a shit argument by her? Or are you just speaking in generalities?
generalities. somebody being more experienced doesnt inherently make them credible to me, especially when they are partisan actors

i dont need another lawyer to tell me about the interview that i just heard for myself

Splits
11-12-2020, 02:06 PM
:rollin

I think we're done with Leslie now.

Just another honest broker brokering honestly....

:lol h:lolnest br:lolker

JPB
11-12-2020, 02:36 PM
"Whistleblowers" :lol

RandomGuy
11-12-2020, 03:55 PM

Maybe the truth is on Hunter Bidens laptop. :rollin

RandomGuy
11-12-2020, 04:00 PM

Hopkins also repeatedly expressed regret for signing the initial affidavit because it overstated what he knew and witnessed, according to the recording.

He told agents the affidavit was written by Project Veritas.

He said he was not fully aware of its contents because he was in “so much shock I wasn’t paying that much attention to what they were telling me.”

Recant.

Walk back.

Pick your word.

Veritas and dishonest republicans said X, this guy now says Y.

Veritas lied and made shit up. Like they always do.

The core of modern conservatism is dishonesty. and violence.