PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Trade Rumors: DeMar DeRozan for Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green Interests LA

daslicer
11-12-2020, 04:08 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly have "interest" in a blockbuster trade that would send Kyle Kuzma and Danny Green to the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for DeMar DeRozan.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2917712-lakers-trade-rumors-demar-derozan-for-kyle-kuzma-danny-green-interests-la

jermaine
11-12-2020, 04:10 PM
I'll take

KobesAchilles
11-12-2020, 04:10 PM
3 time champion Danny Green would instantly give this team the credibility it needs again.

Dverde
11-12-2020, 04:14 PM
If it weren’t the Lakers, I could see this happening. Pop really likes yelling at Danny. Spurs may do this if DDR begs them.

Robz4000
11-12-2020, 04:17 PM
:lol I love LDN but fuck that

SpurSpike
That would be a fairly lop sided trade in favor of the Lakers. I don't like it.

RC_Drunkford
would be a dumbass trade. There's nothing the Lakers could send us that I would want. Brooklyn makes a lot more sense

cjw
11-12-2020, 04:22 PM
Kuzma is a below average player that puts up empty stats. He couldn’t even be efficient surrounded by Lebron and Davis.

Hard pass.

baseline bum
11-12-2020, 04:26 PM
I don't get it. Danny Green obviously has no future here and Kuzma is 25 so as good as he's going to get, and he wants a big contract. Rather just roll with Keldon. Don't really see where Kuzma would fit on the Spurs roster.

cd98
11-12-2020, 04:26 PM
Lakers will need help because LeBron is taking off the first month of the season.

TD 21
11-12-2020, 04:28 PM
Kuzma is on the all empty calories team, but I could see it from a Spurs perspective . . .

- Spurs save significant money.
- Do right by DeRozan (doubtful whether this would help the Lakers, but if they think it would, then that would hurt the Clippers, which is a plus).
- Receive a youngish player that they've supposedly long liked and who'd fill a positional need.
- Briefly bring back a fan favorite as they transition into a re-build.

Checks a lot of boxes.

Uriel
11-12-2020, 04:28 PM
Would make sense if the Lakers also threw in their first round pick.

Leetonidas
11-12-2020, 04:30 PM
Gross

spurspl
11-12-2020, 04:36 PM
firstly, kuz wont enjoy playing in san antonio. he will demand a trade before he gets traded to spurs.

TimDunkem
11-12-2020, 04:39 PM
Seems like the type of dumb fuck trade SA would do.

Leetonidas
firstly, kuz wont enjoy playing in san antonio. he will demand a trade before he gets traded to spurs.

Kuzma is a nobody and has no leverage to be demanding anything my dude :lol

Kevin
Salaries don't match for the Lakers trade. A third team would need to be involved. Not enough incoming salary coming back from LA.

duncan2150
11-12-2020, 04:40 PM
Would make sense if the Lakers also threw in their first round pick.

+1

BWS-1994
11-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Danny Green getting traded for Demar Derozan again? :lol

spurspl
11-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Kuzma is a nobody and has no leverage to be demanding anything my dude :lol

in his opinion hes a star, doesnt want to be a third option, i guarantee u he will be a trouble maker

Kevin
11-12-2020, 04:44 PM
If the Lakers included McGee and Cook salaries match but McGee cant be traded until after the draft so the 28 seems off the table.

Joseph Kony
11-12-2020, 04:46 PM
in his opinion hes a star, doesnt want to be a third option, i guarantee u he will be a trouble maker
isn't third/fourth option what he is already though?

i kinda agree though, dude seems like a diva who thinks he is way better than he is. a big jordan clarkson. pass tbh

spurraider21
11-12-2020, 04:46 PM
send derozan to the lakers as a trojan horse

Sugus
11-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Fuck everything about this trade. Dealing with the Lakers is bad enough as it is - but shipping out one of our biggest assets for an over-the-hill Danny (who was ALREADY over the hill when he was shipped out of here the first time!!), and an empty calories, no-D like Kuzma who's barely a starter? DeRozan's value has got to be higher than that... I don't really care for the Lakers pick this year - or better said, I'd love to have it, but not in the context of this trade. Hope it's just some LakeShow reporter throwing shit against the wall...

TheChillFactor
11-12-2020, 04:50 PM
So in exchange for Kawhi and Danny Green we get:

Poeltl, Kuzma, Keldon, and Danny Green? The fuck??

mo7888
11-12-2020, 04:51 PM
It's hard to see Kuz here... there are so many trades rumored that maybe we'd re-route him somewhere else for an asset from a team that values him?

I'm looking at you NY

daslicer
11-12-2020, 04:53 PM
send derozan to the lakers as a trojan horse

That's what I was thinking. Derozan's choking along with his terrible 3 point shooting could sink the Lakers.

R. DeMurre
11-12-2020, 04:55 PM
Well, if Green comes back it's as a bench player, not a starter, and that likely means no Forbes-- that's a big plus defensively for the team, and there's only one year left on Green's contract. Kuzma's not a difference maker but he is inexpensive and also only has one year left on contract. Salary numbers don't add up, but a variation of this trade makes sense for preserving 2021 FA money. The Laker #28 pick (likely to be included?) could be someone like Paul Reed.

Last year there was a Kuzma for Bjelica + pick offer that the Lakers rejected. If the Spurs revisited that and walked away from this with Green, Bjelica, and Paul Reed + future pick, I'd be 100% in favor.

look_at_g_shred
11-12-2020, 05:04 PM
Fuck everything about this trade. Dealing with the Lakers is bad enough as it is - but shipping out one of our biggest assets for an over-the-hill Danny (who was ALREADY over the hill when he was shipped out of here the first time!!), and an empty calories, no-D like Kuzma who's barely a starter? DeRozan's value has got to be higher than that... I don't really care for the Lakers pick this year - or better said, I'd love to have it, but not in the context of this trade. Hope it's just some LakeShow reporter throwing shit against the wall...
Kevin O' Conner is the source.

DAF86
11-12-2020, 05:07 PM
Add a first round pick and I'd do it, tbh.

Sugus
11-12-2020, 05:10 PM
Kevin O' Conner is the source.

Shit. Well, just have to hope a better offer comes up the Spurs' way, or the deal falls off for other reasons. Worst trade idea I've heard this week.

DPG21920
11-12-2020, 05:15 PM
Spurs don’t have leverage. They could have moved ddr last year but didn’t. Now he controls things. Instead of him walking in FA he gets a team he wants and Sa gets Kuz + Danny they can probably flip for another pick or two

K...
11-12-2020, 05:16 PM
It's not a bad trade considering DeRozan can walk for free, but obviously we should hope for better returns than kuz.

I feel like kuz should know by now that LA is LeBron's team and LeBron will choose his players. The playboy days for Kuz was prior to this, so it's possible he's seen the light. He's seen all his old teammates leave already. He should know it's not his team anymore.

Sugus
11-12-2020, 05:23 PM
I'd rather have DDR walk out for free, than getting that package. For multiple reasons, but the first and foremost one being FTL. Not to mention it'd paint the Spurs in a ridiculous light to take the Lakers' trash in exchange for DDR after they refused to deal with LA the first time around to trade Kawhi.

Larry O
11-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Hmmm... wonder if Pop would allow this trade scenario to be pulled off, especially due to the rivalry, as well as the bad taste Gasol trade back in the day & the #2 mess. If it does, it is a win-win for the Lakers getting another all-star in DDR. And DDR doesn't have to take on the burden of trying to carry the team to a championship (can't do it anyways). He should thrive well with LBJ & The Brow leading this team, while he can be a primary role player. My only question would be is what about DDR's lack of 3 point shooting weakness, but that would be their problem, of coarse. And for DDR, he will be playing for the home team, a team I'm sure he grew up cheering for & fantasizing to play for as well. For the Spurs, we get our son in The LDN back, who is a fan favorite (Pop's & the fans' favorite punching bag that is! :) ), & his heart is still in SA! Er for The Kuz… he may be the odd man out especially since he has drunk the "LA Limelight Kool-Aid," so going to SA & playing for Pop & the Spurs may have him develop depression 10x that of DDR, to the point that he may be on suicide watch.... sorry, but I just don't think I can see Kuzma wanting to come to SA, is the bottom line. He doesn't have a choice in the matter, but perhaps this trade would put a chip on his shoulder & he will play with it! Well, it's another one of those, "I have my popcorn moments..."

Dejounte
11-12-2020, 05:27 PM
Spurs don’t have leverage. They could have moved ddr last year but didn’t. Now he controls things. Instead of him walking in FA he gets a team he wants and Sa gets Kuz + Danny they can probably flip for another pick or two

This. Y'all are saying DeMar is more valuable, but the Spurs have no leverage.

Think of it this way, would you trade DeMar for a top 10 pick in this draft? Absolutely. Would other teams trade that top 10 pick for DeMar? Likely not... Now, would you trade DeMar for a pick in the 10-20 range? I would, considering he could walk and I never liked his fit with us anyway. Teams in that range would deal their pick for DeMar. The next question is, is Kyle's trade value in the top 10 or the 10-20 range? Pretty sure it's in the 10-20 range too. Kyle and DeMar have the same value in the trade market.

Dejounte
11-12-2020, 05:28 PM
I'd rather have DDR walk out for free, than getting that package. For multiple reasons, but the first and foremost one being FTL. Not to mention it'd paint the Spurs in a ridiculous light to take the Lakers' trash in exchange for DDR after they refused to deal with LA the first time around to trade Kawhi.

I think the Spurs would rather see the Lakers win a championship vs Kawhi ever winning one.

Think of it from a tactical standpoint.

Yes, they may be helping the Lakers win in the short term, the long term though? LeBron is almost done in this league...

This move would just prevent Kawhi from ever winning a championship, and I'm all for it.

Truckules
11-12-2020, 05:31 PM

Only so many teams have the cap space to sign him to a contract that he's worth. If he wants to go back to Cali, he'd have to opt-in in order to get there and not make peanuts.

Sugus
11-12-2020, 05:36 PM
I think the Spurs would rather see the Lakers win a championship vs Kawhi ever winning one.

Think of it from a tactical standpoint.

Yes, they may be helping the Lakers win in the short term, the long term though? LeBron is almost done in this league...

This move would just prevent Kawhi from ever winning a championship, and I'm all for it.

I don't really think the Spurs base their personnel decisions on what Kawhi is up to, tbh. In any case, I'd like to think their long-term rivalry with the Lakers would mean more than a short-term disgruntlement from Kawhi, which technically was already "paid" when we shipped his ass to Toronto (which worked out like shit for us, I'd like to avoid making that mistake again). IF the Lakers are the only trade partner, I guess I'd do it, but would actually prefer DD walking for nothing, then having to see LA gut their roster in order to sign him more, tbh.

Additionally, and considering the Clippers' roster and struggles, I don't really think Kawhi needs more help in order to not win any more rings. He can choke it out along with his pals George and possibly CP3 :lol

RC_Drunkford
11-12-2020, 05:41 PM
Kuzma is on the all empty calories team, but I could see it from a Spurs perspective . . .

- Spurs save significant money.
- Do right by DeRozan (doubtful whether this would help the Lakers, but if they think it would, then that would hurt the Clippers, which is a plus).
- Receive a youngish player that they've supposedly long liked and who'd fill a positional need.
- Briefly bring back a fan favorite as they transition into a re-build.

Checks a lot of boxes.

There's no reason to do right by DeRozan. This is the NBA. If he wants to cry about it in a jack in the box parking lot so be it

mo7888
11-12-2020, 05:44 PM
There's no reason to do right by DeRozan. This is the NBA. If he wants to cry about it in a jack in the box parking lot so be it

I don't want Kuz but, if we got a pick from LA and could re-route him for a future 1st I'd be in favor of it.

lmbebo
11-12-2020, 05:44 PM
Trash trade. No way, no how do I want Green coming back here.

R. DeMurre
11-12-2020, 05:45 PM

But the circumstances are very different this time around. Green & Kuzma both expire after one year, freeing up cap space. If a pick is included, the Spurs could find a sleeper like Paul Reed at #28. Adding Green means he's a bench shooter, which means not having to re-sign Forbes. Kuzma could be used in another deal. Losing both DeRozan & Forbes means a huge leap forward for the team defensively.

PhantomDashCam
11-12-2020, 05:46 PM
Does DeMar really fit LA's current identity? Reticent to take 3s, Defense is suspect - most of the time would be playing off the ball...
Unless some picks and a 3rd team are involved, it's hard to see the connection - apart from DeMar's LA roots.

Nivek_ogre
11-12-2020, 05:47 PM
It's addition by subtraction. It's not about who the Spurs get it's about getting rid of a player no longer in the plans. Kuzma would probably be flipped for a draft pick or expiring salary.

Dejounte
11-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Does DeMar really fit LA's current identity? Reticent to take 3s, Defense is suspect - most of the time would be playing off the ball...
Unless some picks and a 3rd team are involved, it's hard to see the connection - apart from DeMar's LA roots.

The Lakers had almost not won a championship if Rondo didn't come back. That's the type of role that would be there for DeMar. To be a quarterback for the team. The Lakers need assurance from the guard spot.

poopbox
11-12-2020, 05:51 PM
Kuzma is who the Spurs wanted instead of Derrick White in the '17 draft...

gospursgojas
11-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Lol. This offer is disrespectful and arrogant. The lakers are so used to being on receiving end of lopsided deals. LMA- an all star big that is now shooting threes for some scrap bench players?? :lol

TD 21
11-12-2020, 05:54 PM
It works financially.

I despise empty calories players like Wiggins, Kuzma, etc., but people need to realize, if/when they trade Aldridge/DeRozan, they're going to want someone at least somewhat proven at creating their own offense, even if it's in inefficient fashion.

If DeRozan is determined to end up with a contender, especially at home, I'd imagine he's come to terms with at least reverting to his 3-point volume from his final Raptors season.

That was just one of many reasons. Obviously the wouldn't make a trade they otherwise wouldn't want to solely for that reason.

PhantomDashCam
11-12-2020, 05:54 PM
The Lakers had almost not won a championship if Rondo didn't come back. That's the type of role that would be there for DeMar. To be a quarterback for the team. The Lakers need assurance from the guard spot.

The Rondo role is what I initially envisioned,
but Rondo started taking 3s, w/o hesitation from the wing (he averaged 3.1 attempts per game, shooting 40% in the playoffs), and that's not even talking about the defensive side of the ball...

Dejounte
11-12-2020, 05:56 PM
The Rondo role is what I initially envisioned,
but Rondo started taking 3s, w/o hesitation from the wing (he averaged 3.1 attempts per game, shooting 40% in the playoffs), and that's not even talking about the defensive side of the ball...

Meh. As much as I hate LeBron, he makes his teammates better. So who knows, maybe he will give DeMar confidence to shoot those 3s. Maybe it was LeBron's doing that Rondo shot better from 3.

Regarding defense, both LeBron and AD will hide his deficiencies on that end...

Sugus
11-12-2020, 06:05 PM
But the circumstances are very different this time around. Green & Kuzma both expire after one year, freeing up cap space. If a pick is included, the Spurs could find a sleeper like Paul Reed at #28. Adding Green means he's a bench shooter, which means not having to re-sign Forbes. Kuzma could be used in another deal. Losing both DeRozan & Forbes means a huge leap forward for the team defensively.

Circumstances are different, but the optics remain the same - as do the feelings. Or so I'd hope... Maybe the pandemic has weakened Pop's ever-burning hatred of the Lakers?

But really... If the Spurs want cap space, they can always tell DeMar to walk now. They have a LOT of other ways to get a second FRP (Mills as per reported, Gay, LMA if GSW deal doesn't materialize, or even trading down from #11) instead of gifting the Lakers a B2B championship. I don't think Green is useful in his current form (better said, he'd be Forbes 2.0, Pop would overuse him to hell and back and we'd be back to complaining about Icy Cold Danny), and would rather turn the TV off than have to watch that MF certified scrub Kuzma on a B&W jersey. And again, there's a lot of ways to lose DD and Forbes that don't involve trading with the Lakers.

Is my view of the trade tainted by my perception of the Lakers and their situation? For sure. At the end of the day, it's up to the Spurs... I just hope they don't pull a DeRozan 2.0 and pass up better trade options just to do right (or wrong in the first case) by a certain player. We know DD wants Sunny LA as his destination, but I don't buy that the Lakers are the only ones interested in him.

RC_Drunkford
11-12-2020, 06:07 PM
It just doesn't make sense to trade DeRozan to the Lakers if the Nets want him. That has been reported about a week ago. At least 2 of Dinwiddie, Levert, Prince, Allen and Harris could be part of a DeRozan package and you could still add Rudy and a 3rd Nets player. That would be a way better deal than Green, Kuzma and KCP

mo7888
11-12-2020, 06:09 PM
It just doesn't make sense to trade DeRozan to the Lakers if the Nets want him. That has been reported about a week ago. At least 2 of Dinwiddie, Levert, Prince, Allen and Harris could be part of a DeRozan package and you could still add Rudy and a 3rd Nets player. That would be a way better deal than Green, Kuzma and KCP

Brooklyn can definitely offer a better package but would demar go there or simply opt out? That's the catch..

Sugus
11-12-2020, 06:11 PM

Exactly this. It's going to come down to whether the Spurs can sell DeMar on the idea of going to Brooklyn, IMO, since the Nets wouldn't do the deal without confirmation from DD that he'd re-sign there after his contract is up.

Don't be a bitch, Deebo, do us one last solid.

rankingtear
11-12-2020, 06:14 PM
The ATL insider has been right so far in terms of Spurs rumors he said LAL does not like him.

RC_Drunkford
11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
Brooklyn can definitely offer a better package but would demar go there or simply opt out? That's the catch..

He can't. Brooklyn has 125 million locked in in salary. It would have to be via sign and trade. I think DeMar would be down to play with Kyrie and KD on a contender in the East. He used to play for Toronto which is kind of similar city to NY, just a little cleaner I guess lol. That trade makes sense for all sides. Brooklyn would have to give up 2 role players to get their 3rd star and the Spurs get some young wings.

Exactly this. It's going to come down to whether the Spurs can sell DeMar on the idea of going to Brooklyn, IMO, since the Nets wouldn't do the deal without confirmation from DD that he'd re-sign there after his contract is up.

Don't be a bitch, Deebo, do us one last solid.

Why would he say no? He gets to play for a contender, would be a lock for the finals, play with 2 other All-Stars, good team culture, big market, similar environment like Toronto. It won't get much better unless he's hell bent on playing in Los Angeles. And I don't think he's such a great fit to the Lakers and Clippers.

What is he gon do? Opt out to sign with the Knicks? :lmao

cjw
11-12-2020, 06:16 PM
This. Y'all are saying DeMar is more valuable, but the Spurs have no leverage.

Think of it this way, would you trade DeMar for a top 10 pick in this draft? Absolutely. Would other teams trade that top 10 pick for DeMar? Likely not... Now, would you trade DeMar for a pick in the 10-20 range? I would, considering he could walk and I never liked his fit with us anyway. Teams in that range would deal their pick for DeMar. The next question is, is Kyle's trade value in the top 10 or the 10-20 range? Pretty sure it's in the 10-20 range too. Kyle and DeMar have the same value in the trade market.

Nobody wanted Kuzma last year, or else the Lakers would have cashed in. His value has only gone down. He’s worth a late first at best. One more year of cost control before RFA.

Demar has leverage as he can walk for nothing. But he has limited options where he can sign as those teams would need space, and opting in gives acquiring team bird rights for an extension

Dejounte
11-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Nobody wanted Kuzma last year, or else the Lakers would have cashed in. His value has only gone down. He’s worth a late first at best. One more year of cost control before RFA.

Demar has leverage as he can walk for nothing. But he has limited options where he can sign as those teams would need space, and opting in gives acquiring team bird rights for an extension

So did Kuzma's value go down because he doesn't know how to play with LeBron or is it because he's reached his peak potential? He's never had a stable coaching situation. Not sure if the Lakers have developed him properly.

Chinook
11-12-2020, 06:26 PM
It's a good structure (though it should need some extra salary to make it work), and 28 or even a 28/41 swap would be enough sweetener for me. People bitching about Green need to take a break. He's an expiring contract, and even though he wasn't great last year, he should be good enough to fill a spot or be traded to another contender later on. Like they'd probably be able to send him to LAC or even to Philly with Mills as part of a Horford/Richardson trade. Kuzma isn't great, but he'd basically be a bigger younger and worse DMDR with option value. If the future lineup is going to be something like White/Walker/Johnson/_____/Poeltl, then yeah it works. That unit could use Kuz's scoring and would have a good defensive foundation. It'd also allow them to see if Samanic has developed to the point of letting Kuzma leave the next summer. Draft a guy like Smith at 11 and Woodard at 28 and run with this roster:

White/Murray
Walker/Weatherspoon
Johnson/Woodard
Kuzma/Samanic
Poeltl/Smith

That leaves out whatever would become of Gay, Green, Aldridge and Mills. Obviously, that's a lot of salary that could be for long-term salary and draft picks. Like maybe they do LMA and Green for Wiggins and the pick swap and Mills and Gay for Horford and Richardson. Then we could be talking about:

White/Murray
Edwards(2)/Walker/Weatherspoon
Richardson/Johnson/Wiggins
Kuzma/Lyles/Samanic
Poeltl/Horford/Oturu (28)

Rough-AF draft of course, and I haven't even looked at it in the Capulator. But still, it wouldn't be close to a bad off-season.

R. DeMurre
11-12-2020, 06:29 PM

Sacramento wanted Kuzma last year and offered Bjelica + a pick for him! God bless them. Bjelica would likely be better this upcoming year than any draft pick after #11: 11.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.8 spg, 41.9 3pt% in 28 mpg.

Davidicus2
11-12-2020, 06:30 PM
Oof

RC_Drunkford
11-12-2020, 06:33 PM
If we're talking moves I'd try to move DeRozan to BK for Levert/Harris, Aldridge to the Dubs for Wiggins and #2, Mills and Gay to Philly for Horford. We'd have all positions covered except for PF.

White/Murray/Weatherspoon
Levert/Walker
Harris/Keldon/Wiggins
Jalen Smith/Samanic
Horford/Wiseman

See what kind of veterans you can get in free agency and that's it. That's a well balanced young roster that could play a similar style of basketball like we played in 2014

cjw
11-12-2020, 06:36 PM
Sacramento wanted Kuzma last year and offered Bjelica + a pick for him! God bless them. Bjelica would likely be better this upcoming year than any draft pick after #11: 11.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.8 spg, 41.9 3pt% in 28 mpg.

You’re right ... I thought the Kings rejected it but turns out it was Lakers that did. Insanity considering Bjelica is a useful player

Chinook
11-12-2020, 06:53 PM
It's a good structure (though it should need some extra salary to make it work), and 28 or even a 28/41 swap would be enough sweetener for me. People bitching about Green need to take a break. He's an expiring contract, and even though he wasn't great last year, he should be good enough to fill a spot or be traded to another contender later on. Like they'd probably be able to send him to LAC or even to Philly with Mills as part of a Horford/Richardson trade. Kuzma isn't great, but he'd basically be a bigger younger and worse DMDR with option value. If the future lineup is going to be something like White/Walker/Johnson/_____/Poeltl, then yeah it works. That unit could use Kuz's scoring and would have a good defensive foundation. It'd also allow them to see if Samanic has developed to the point of letting Kuzma leave the next summer. Draft a guy like Smith at 11 and Woodard at 28 and run with this roster:

White/Murray
Walker/Weatherspoon
Johnson/Woodard
Kuzma/Samanic
Poeltl/Smith

That leaves out whatever would become of Gay, Green, Aldridge and Mills. Obviously, that's a lot of salary that could be for long-term salary and draft picks. Like maybe they do LMA and Green for Wiggins and the pick swap and Mills and Gay for Horford and Richardson. Then we could be talking about:

White/Murray
Edwards(2)/Walker/Weatherspoon
Richardson/Johnson/Wiggins
Kuzma/Lyles/Samanic
Poeltl/Horford/Oturu (28)

Rough-AF draft of course, and I haven't even looked at it in the Capulator. But still, it wouldn't be close to a bad off-season.

So I have the Capulator link: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=10251380485fadc8ab2c833819733208

I had McGee going to Philly as part of what would be a three-team deal

SA DeRozan, Mills and Gay for Richardson, Kuzma, Horford, 28 and probably some stuff with second-rounders.

LAL: Green, McGee, Kuzma and 28 for DeRozan

PHL: Horford, Richardson and some stuff with seconds for Gay, Mills and McGee

Then I had SA trade Green and LMA to GS for Wiggins and pick swap (Green's going separately into a TE, so this doesn't need to be wrapped up in the LAL trade thankfully).

So yeah, with 13 players on the roster, the Spurs would be about $5 Million under the tax line. If they do get high-seconds from Philly as part of this deal, they might be able to draft a couple of good role-players and sign them into the depth chart. Or they have enough to offer an LLE-level deal to a free-agent vet PG to replace Mills. I don't love the idea of valuing Richardson so much in a post DMDR and LMA roster. I think they'd be better served getting back future value. But I can't also deny that that top-10 has some intriguing upside, even though a fair bit of it might only be around for another year or two.

R. DeMurre
11-12-2020, 07:04 PM
Geez, Brian Wright & RC Buford seem to be working overtime! I picture them in a room with four ringing phones, an enormous pot of coffee, and easel & easel pad with the names:

Richardson, Green->? Kuzma-> Bjelica?

2:Wiseman, Edwards? Haliburton? 28:Reed? Bey, Azubuike? Riller?

Wiggins

DJR210
11-12-2020, 08:10 PM
Add a first round pick and I'd do it, tbh.

in what? 2024? Didn't they mortgage their immediate future for AD?

gambit1990
11-12-2020, 08:11 PM
Seems like the type of dumb fuck trade SA would do.
:lol

Bynumite
11-12-2020, 08:27 PM
Would be hilarious if Poop ends up caving on his vendetta against the Lakers and trades for a much worse laker than he could have had in Ingram :lol

I don't wish having to live in Fat Antonio on my worst enemy but Kuzma's time in LA was up about 2 seasons ago.

Russ
11-12-2020, 08:28 PM
DeRozan for nothing -- makes a lot of sense.

Chinook
11-12-2020, 08:31 PM
Would be hilarious if Poop ends up caving on his vendetta against the Lakers and trades for a much worse laker than he could have had in Ingram :lol

I don't wish living in Fat Antonio on my worst enemy but Kuzma's time in LA was up about 2 seasons ago.

I'm actually okay with the Spurs passing on Ingram. The best asset in the Davis trade was definitely the fourth pick. The lack of such a pick is why I could never get behind trading Leonard there. On RGM, we talked about Ball being moved to PHX or ORL for a top-10 pick. If they could've done that and offered it with Ingram and filler, I would've been just fine making the deal.

Unfortunately the Lakers had an awful GM at the time whose whole strategy was to tamper with guys and then try to low-ball for them. Didn't work once for him.

Bynumite
11-12-2020, 08:35 PM
I'm actually okay with the Spurs passing on Ingram. The best asset in the Davis trade was definitely the fourth pick. The lack of such a pick is why I could never get behind trading Leonard there. On RGM, we talked about Ball being moved to PHX or ORL for a top-10 pick. If they could've done that and offered it with Ingram and filler, I would've been just fine making the deal.

Unfortunately the Lakers had an awful GM at the time whose whole strategy was to tamper with guys and then try to low-ball for them. Didn't work once for him.

In the end, it all worked out for the best to all parts involved. Lakers rang and spurs are back in the basement :tu

tmtcsc
11-12-2020, 08:37 PM
3 time champion Danny Green would instantly give this team the credibility it needs again.

Stop it. LA is giggling at the prospect of trading Green to someone. Absolute trash at this point.

Chomag
11-12-2020, 09:15 PM
Trash trade, so Spurs FO would probably do it :lol

SpursDynasty85
11-12-2020, 09:22 PM
Don’t think Spurs would want Kizma unless he expressed interest... doesn’t feel like he is Spurs material now that he has tasted some Lakers success.

itzsoweezee
11-12-2020, 09:26 PM
Anything to get DeTrash off this team.

Spurs fucked up by not trading him last off season. Complete incompetence

Dejounte
11-12-2020, 09:28 PM
https://youtu.be/9g4sI3SAwxY

Stardom isn't in the books for Kuzma. He's like the bizarro version of Michael Porter Jr. Isn't creative with his hands, very little burst, streaky shooter. He'd strictly be a complementary piece. He's like a younger, slightly quicker Trey Lyles.

baseline bum
11-12-2020, 09:31 PM
I don't want Kuz but, if we got a pick from LA and could re-route him for a future 1st I'd be in favor of it.

Yeah I'd take a first for DeRozan since we don't want him back anyways. A second first would really be something.

Dejounte
11-12-2020, 09:37 PM
Kuzma seems as active as Trump is on Twitter. Yuck

offset formation
11-12-2020, 09:47 PM

Yeah, in essence this is a huge downgrade for the Neph/Green trade. So we got DDR and Poeltl and the 28th which turned into Keldon (fucking win). If we trade DDR now and get Green back, it's like we traded Neph for Kuzma and the Keldon pick.

No thanks. Huge fucking L.

offset formation
11-12-2020, 09:48 PM

Yeah, in essence this is a huge downgrade for the Neph/Green trade. So we got DDR and Poeltl and the 28th which turned into Keldon (fucking win). If we trade DDR now and get Green back, it's like we traded Neph for Kuzma, Poeltl, and the Keldon pick (fucking win).

No thanks. Huge fucking L, overall.

Oh, did I mention, fuck neph?!!?

Chinook
11-12-2020, 09:55 PM
I mean, I'd prefer Johnson, Poeltl, Kuzma and 28 to just Johnson and Poeltl. Easily. Heck for all we know, they'd draft McDaniels, Carey or Anthony with that pick and watch them become stars. All three have high ceilings.

Joseph Kony
11-12-2020, 09:57 PM
I mean, I'd prefer Johnson, Poeltl, Kuzma and 28 to just Johnson and Poeltl. Easily. Heck for all we know, they'd draft McDaniels, Carey or Anthony with that pick and watch them become stars. All three have high ceilings.

True I suppose. I'm sure the Spurs could probably flip Green or Kuzma to a contender for another late first too

Chinook
11-12-2020, 10:01 PM
True I suppose. I'm sure the Spurs could probably flip Green or Kuzma to a contender for another late first too

They could use him as the main piece to take back bad salary for an asset. Like Dallas probably does Green and 41 for Powell and 18 without much hesitation. The Nets might want to guarantee themselves a title by acquiring Green and trade Prince plus 19 for Green and 28 and so on. Or they could just ride contract-year Green to a playoff season while the young guys grow up more.

DPG21920
11-12-2020, 10:10 PM
Only so many teams have the cap space to sign him to a contract that he's worth. If he wants to go back to Cali, he'd have to opt-in in order to get there and not make peanuts.

Sign and trade. By him valuing a winning team (so far that can change) he knows he’s making less money

lefty
11-12-2020, 10:29 PM

Chillen
11-12-2020, 11:14 PM
Pop would have to be drunk to agree to a trade like this.

cd021
11-13-2020, 04:57 AM
Maybe the Spurs could do a three team deal with Golden State and The Lakers:

Spurs Get: #2 pick, Wiggins, Kuzma

Lakers Get: DeMar DeRozan

Golden State Gets: Aldridge and Danny Green and the 28th pick.

ElNono
11-13-2020, 05:06 AM
lol hell no... took forever to get rid of Danny League. Find another sucker, Danny!

Rocalcio
11-13-2020, 05:29 AM
would be a dumbass trade. There's nothing the Lakers could send us that I would want. Brooklyn makes a lot more sense

There is a rumor about Brooklyn too ?

Rummpd
11-13-2020, 06:05 AM
Do this in a heartbeat, Kuzma has some potential and Green is Green vs keeping a so called superstar who has no consistency, no outside shot and no leadership skills and cannot mesh with DA. Addition by subtraction but team cannot be worse than it is now and Green down the road is trade bait again or get cap space back.

Dhbsr555
11-13-2020, 06:15 AM
Why the hate on green he played defense something we need

RC_Drunkford
11-13-2020, 06:34 AM
There is a rumor about Brooklyn too ?

not a specific one but it was reported that Brooklyn is interested in DeRozan

EasyMoney
11-13-2020, 07:19 AM
Green and Kuzma can easily be flipped though. Don't have to keep em.

Kurgan
11-13-2020, 07:48 AM
Green and Kuzma can easily be flipped though. Don't have to keep em.

Not on the bloated contract Kuzma wants. And Green is washed up(or close to it). These low impact garbage players like Kuzma only have value when they're on the Lakers because the LA media hypes up anybody that plays for them. Once they leave the Lakers, they lose most of their value. See Lonzo Ball for example. If Kuzma was drafted by any other team in the league, no one would give a shit about him.

lmbebo
11-13-2020, 08:00 AM
If Spurs do this deal (esp without any pics involved) -- I will have lost all respect for them and Brian Wright. And cements that our team will probably be stuck in mediocrity while we employ Wright.

rankingtear
11-13-2020, 08:19 AM
Without other offers for Derozan it's [Green + Kuzma + MLE] or [MLE].
No cap space unless we let Jakob go. Then it would be [Jakob + Green + Kuzma + MLE] or [12 mil + MLE].

Who can we overpay for 12 mil and know the other team won't match, Dario Saric?

Teamduncan21
11-13-2020, 08:31 AM
No cap space unless we let Jakob go. Then it would be [Jakob + Green + Kuzma + MLE] or [12 mil + MLE].

Bryn Forbes

DPG21920
11-13-2020, 09:13 AM

Just as an FYI you cannot have cap space and MLE

Nivek_ogre
11-13-2020, 09:13 AM
Maybe the Spurs could do a three team deal with Golden State and The Lakers:

Spurs Get: #2 pick, Wiggins, Kuzma

Lakers Get: DeMar DeRozan

Golden State Gets: Aldridge and Danny Green and the 28th pick.

Wiggins and Kuzma :vomit:

rankingtear
11-13-2020, 09:17 AM
Just as an FYI you cannot have cap space and MLE

My bad Room Exception.

cd021
11-13-2020, 09:29 AM
Wiggins and Kuzma :vomit:

Spurs get the 2nd overall pick and keep the 11th pick, that's pretty damn good tbh.

rankingtear
11-13-2020, 09:46 AM
not a specific one but it was reported that Brooklyn is interested in DeRozan

They are focused on Jrue at the moment maybe if they whiff on him.

Sugus
11-13-2020, 10:13 AM
If Spurs do this deal (esp without any pics involved) -- I will have lost all respect for them and Brian Wright. And cements that our team will probably be stuck in mediocrity while we employ Wright.

I wouldn't be so dramatic, but it would definitely cast a negative light on his GM duties. Trading a "star" for LA's trash and a box of cookies isn't exactly good GM'ing.

We've all been hyped that the Spurs are involved in so many trade rumors, but have little contemplation that they could make bad trades all around. Could be a long few seasons...

Drom John
11-13-2020, 11:15 AM
FiveThirtyEight Raptor

DeMar DeRozan +2.8 Offense, -2.7 Defense, Net +0.1, WAR 3.3

Kyle Kuzma -2.1 Offense, -0.2 Defense, Net -0.5, WAR 0.5

Danny Green +0.9 Offense, +2.1 Defense, Net +3.0, WAR 6.6

Offense and Defense are compared against NBA average.
Wins Above Replacement is compared against the 391st best player. Chimezie Metu is one of the 39 players tied for 391.

BatManu20
11-13-2020, 11:41 AM
Kuzma is a below average player that puts up empty stats. He couldn’t even be efficient surrounded by Lebron and Davis.

Hard pass.

He’s also one of the worst defenders in the league. Hard fucking pass.

cjw
11-13-2020, 11:45 AM
Spurs get the 2nd overall pick and keep the 11th pick, that's pretty damn good tbh.

I’m warming up to this a bit. And position themselves for another lottery pick next year, which should be the goal. Demar and LMA will help the team win enough games to not have a great pick in 2021.

Goal should be to identify the foundation for the next 5+ years. You have to look at each guy on the roster and think about how they fit in. It can’t just be about picking up pieces, it has to be about finding the critical pieces and getting future value for the rest.

1.) Get value for LMA/DDR/Gay/Mills. These guys will help you win more games, which they shouldn’t be doing now. Other teams place positive value on them, and you can get more value by taking on unwanted contracts (especially if forgoing 2021 flexibility)

2.) If bringing back guys like Kuzma/Green/Richardson/others that have been mentioned that are not viewed as long-term pieces, you can flip them back out to other teams for value. Lots of buyers, not many sellers.

3.) Identify the must haves in the draft and go get them. You have the chips to do it - solid vets + young guys.

4.) Identify your own younger guys that are must keeps, and ones that are nice to haves but could get value by trading (and also reset rookie scale contracts). Example I always point to is Murray. And if a team blows you away for White ... and I mean blows you away ... you can consider it if you’re comfortable with Murray long-term.

Mugen
11-13-2020, 12:11 PM

buttsR4rebounding
11-13-2020, 12:34 PM

Are you still a hard fucking pass if they can flip him for low 1st? Although the man love between Pop and Kuzma at Team USA BB gives me pause.

Dverde
11-13-2020, 12:47 PM
I doubt Spurs get any great asset or pick for Derozan. The trade let’s the Spurs kick the tires on Kuzma for a year. Bring back a Spurs org guy to help the locker room and can sell the players on the org. Spurs can get out of both of them after one year and have cap space. Not a great trade, but it’s also not horrible. If Kuzma is terrible, he will help us in draft position.

talkspurs
11-13-2020, 01:04 PM
One thing people also need to think about in these trade is we can only have 15 on the roster. We would have to either waive some of these players coming in or some of our current players if we are getting many more players then we send out. I think we have 3 open spots right now. Can get 4 more that I know in DDR/Potel/Lyles/Metu. these are people that could be cut at cheap prices. If DDR picks up his option then he would disappear from this list. We also have our first to fit in the 1st 3 picks. If we pick up another 1st then we would only have 1 open spot without losing someone from the second list. This would also limit us in FA though I dont know if there is anyone they are looking at in the open market.

R. DeMurre
11-13-2020, 01:15 PM
I don't think the Spurs do this trade thinking it makes the team a contender. But they're not a contender with DeRozan either, and he expects to be paid like a star. It would be a chess move, looking multiple moves ahead.

1. DeRozan's gone: more minutes for KJ and Walker to develop. Defense and spacing improve.
2. Green is the shooter off the bench, so no reason to sign Forbes. Defense improves.
3. Spurs are taking on no contracts beyond 2021. They have a ton of money to use after this season.
4. Kuzma is easier to trade mid season than DeRozen due to his cheap expiring contract. Any team can easily trade for him, unlike DeRozan.
5.#28 draft pick from Lakers could net another D White or KJ type of player, or be used in trade.
6. Not taking on future salary from Taurean Prince, as they'd likely have to in a Brooklyn trade.

lmbebo
11-13-2020, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't be so dramatic, but it would definitely cast a negative light on his GM duties. Trading a "star" for LA's trash and a box of cookies isn't exactly good GM'ing.

We've all been hyped that the Spurs are involved in so many trade rumors, but have little contemplation that they could make bad trades all around. Could be a long few seasons...

You're telling me, you would be ok with this trade as rumor'd? On top of all the other lousy trades/signings that have happened recently? His resume here hasn't been stellar...

Sugus
11-13-2020, 02:56 PM
You're telling me, you would be ok with this trade as rumor'd? On top of all the other lousy trades/signings that have happened recently? His resume here hasn't been stellar...

Nah, just that I'm not going to "lose all respect" for a first-year GM based on a bad deal. Besides, I don't think "no picks" being involved is realistic (way too obviously stupid), and as DeMurre pointed out, there's some positives to be had off this hypothetical trade. I still wouldn't do it, but it's not the kind of thing that would make me lose all hope.

cjw
11-13-2020, 03:26 PM
You can call Demar’s bluff. Where is he going to go that has space (i.e., cannot get a sign and trade at the very least, or opt-in and trade)?

- Hawks
- Knicks
- Pistons
- Kings
- Pelicans
- Hornets

The only teams with any real space that could be of interest are Miami and Phoenix, and those are not max slots. Miami could create the space by moving Iggy, but that requires renouncing Dragic. Does swapping out Dragic for Demar improve chances? Phoenix would need to renounce Saric and the great Baynes. Demar-Booker is a huge improvement to Rubio.

Then next is Toronto, which also requires renouncing everyone.

Long story short, this isn’t a year where there is a massive amount of available cap space especially on teams that would draw free agents. Spurs will almost certainly have the opportunity to work through something with Demar and get him where he wants to go.

RC_Drunkford
11-13-2020, 04:07 PM
I don't want no parts of Kuzma, but these are some excellent defensive sequences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-3qNS-WW7w

cd021
11-13-2020, 05:42 PM
I don't think the Spurs do this trade thinking it makes the team a contender. But they're not a contender with DeRozan either, and he expects to be paid like a star. It would be a chess move, looking multiple moves ahead.

1. DeRozan's gone: more minutes for KJ and Walker to develop. Defense and spacing improve.
2. Green is the shooter off the bench, so no reason to sign Forbes. Defense improves.
3. Spurs are taking on no contracts beyond 2021. They have a ton of money to use after this season.
4. Kuzma is easier to trade mid season than DeRozen due to his cheap expiring contract. Any team can easily trade for him, unlike DeRozan.
5.#28 draft pick from Lakers could net another D White or KJ type of player, or be used in trade.
6. Not taking on future salary from Taurean Prince, as they'd likely have to in a Brooklyn trade.

-What's been report seems to be the framework of a trade an not an offer. I think Kuzma, KCP, Green and the 28th pick would be the actual offer. If that's the case, I think the Spurs do that deal.

-The Spurs liked Kuzma and would get a season of him to assess before RFA, more importantly, they get a first for DeMar which is decent return for a player who seems to be on his way out anyways.

-I think Green is unlikely to play for the Spurs again, I think the Spurs try and move him again for another first rounder. There's also the possibility of a trade including a third team (Dallas?) which could net the Spurs another first.

- I think Forbes is gone either way, I don't see minutes for him with Murray, White, Walker, KJ likely all getting big minutes.

Dverde
11-13-2020, 05:47 PM
-What's been report seems to be the framework of a trade an not an offer. I think Kuzma, KCP, Green and the 28th pick would be the actual offer. If that's the case, I think the Spurs do that deal.

-The Spurs liked Kuzma and would get a season of him to assess before RFA, more importantly, they get a first for DeMar which is decent return for a player who seems to be on his way out anyways.

-I think Green is unlikely to play for the Spurs again, I think the Spurs try and move him again for another first rounder. There's also the possibility of a trade including a third team (Dallas?) which could net the Spurs another first.

- I think Forbes is gone either way, I don't see minutes for him with Murray, White, Walker, KJ likely all getting big minutes.

You lost me at Forbes is gone either way. Unless someone throws more money at him, he is coming back. Pop still referred to him as a starter in the bubble. If they trade Mills, he is 100% coming back.

cd021
11-13-2020, 05:55 PM
You lost me at Forbes is gone either way. Unless someone throws more money at him, he is coming back. Pop still referred to him as a starter in the bubble. If they trade Mills, he is 100% coming back.

I don't think I buy that. I they'll move on from him.

Maddog
11-13-2020, 06:03 PM
OK
Five pages. Any chance this really happens?

LkrFan
11-13-2020, 06:24 PM
https://twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1327381580373917696?s=19

Interesting...

JuneJive
11-13-2020, 07:23 PM
Ship him out already. Draft day can't come soon enough.

Realdeal1
11-13-2020, 07:51 PM
I was Originally against the laker trade but now fuk it ... might as well take Danny green and Kuzma .. throw in Lakers 28th pick and I say let’s do it ...better than losing Derozan for nothing ... I’m okay with this being our core group next season ... hopefully we can trade Aldridge for #2 pick and hopefully we can get something for Patty and Rudy Gay...

Lonnie Walker
Derrick White
Keldon Johnson
Dejounte Murray
Jacob Poetl
Luka Samanic
Kyle Kuzma
Danny Green

spurspl
11-13-2020, 08:02 PM
I was Originally against the laker trade but now fuk it ... might as well take Danny green and Kuzma .. throw in Lakers 28th pick and I say let’s do it ...better than losing Derozan for nothing ... I’m okay with this being our core group next season ... hopefully we can trade Aldridge for #2 pick and hopefully we can get something for Patty and Rudy Gay...

Lonnie Walker
Derrick White
Keldon Johnson
Dejounte Murray
Jacob Poetl
Luka Samanic
Kyle Kuzma
Danny Green

same here, if kuz and pop still have this man love relationship i can see him becoming a significantly better player in spurs. plus this late 1st which can give us another young prospect. it will be very hard to find a better return for ddr tbh.

buttsR4rebounding
11-13-2020, 08:23 PM
same here, if kuz and pop still have this man love relationship i can see him becoming a significantly better player in spurs. plus this late 1st which can give us another young prospect. it will be very hard to find a better return for ddr tbh.

total Kawhi return is Poetl, Kuzma, KCP and 2 1st round picks.

CGD
11-13-2020, 09:14 PM
How can this even happen money-wise?

spurspl
11-14-2020, 05:09 AM
total Kawhi return is Poetl, Kuzma, KCP and 2 1st round picks.

i know, but kawhis return value was destroyed by takin toronto trade. no matter how hard spurs would try, they cant compensate this lost value by trading ddr.

buttsR4rebounding
11-14-2020, 05:51 AM
i know, but kawhis return value was destroyed by takin toronto trade. no matter how hard spurs would try, they cant compensate this lost value by trading ddr.

Wrong.

GreekSpursfan
11-14-2020, 08:24 AM
Logged in to say fuck Lakers and their trade proposal.

outmap
11-14-2020, 10:20 AM
Fuck the Lakers! No way Pop trades anyone on that team.

Dverde
11-14-2020, 10:49 AM

Its not about trading with the Lakers, it’s them “doing right” for DDR. He can say I showed up the bubble and mentored the young guys...that is why it might happen. That and Danny Green coming back. He is a Spurs culture guy that pop can scream at during games and practice. Pop has a hard on for Lebron anyway, making the trade can get a couple bonus points with Klutch.

ZeusWillJudge
11-14-2020, 10:59 AM
So in exchange for Kawhi and Danny Green we get:

Poeltl, Kuzma, Keldon, and Danny Green? The fuck??

Except that it would be a 1-year rental of Kuzma. He wouldn't stay here.

I would say that the Lakers would have to throw in their first, but that would probably have to go to a third team to facilitate the match.

spurspl
11-14-2020, 11:19 AM

thats what im afraid of the most. spurs should take the best deal no matter from which team. they made a huge mistake in 2018 bc pop didnt want to take a better offer from lakers.

buttsR4rebounding
11-14-2020, 11:34 AM
Do we know when DDR must opt in or out?

cd021
11-14-2020, 11:41 AM
How can this even happen money-wise?

This is the frame work if a trade not the proposal, it would likely need to include KCP and the Spurs would ask for the 28th pick.

I don't see Green or KCP on next seasons team, so maybe a third team could be added to the trade. If Green gets rerouted, the Spurs could get another pick.

BatManu20
11-14-2020, 12:09 PM
Fuck the Lakers! No way Pop trades anyone to that team.

NASpurs
11-14-2020, 12:21 PM
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/derozan-lakers-trade-rumours-always-want-wanted/

"I've learned, being in the league so long, you always want to be wanted," DeRozan said during an appearance on All The Smoke (https://twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1327381580373917696), a podcast hosted by former NBAers Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson.

"To be wanted by a championship team, to see that, how could you not feel some type of way? Especially me being from L.A., it's like, damn. My hometown team wants me? They just came off a championship, and they want me? It's crazy to be able to see that."

lefty
11-14-2020, 12:40 PM
Can’t blame him tbh

itzsoweezee
11-14-2020, 12:42 PM

Lonnie Walker
Derrick White
Keldon Johnson
Dejounte Murray
Jacob Poetl
Luka Samanic
Kyle Kuzma
Danny Green

Sign me up. People are extremely overating demar's value.

Chinook
11-14-2020, 01:05 PM
Except that it would be a 1-year rental of Kuzma. He wouldn't stay here.

I would say that the Lakers would have to throw in their first, but that would probably have to go to a third team to facilitate the match.

There's no reason to assume 28 would go to a third team. LAL's need to come up with salary to add to Green and Kuzma can't really be solved with a third team, and the Spurs could just cut Green if they were so against having him on the roster rather than giving a team a first to take him.

CGD
11-14-2020, 01:51 PM
This is the frame work if a trade not the proposal, it would likely need to include KCP and the Spurs would ask for the 28th pick.

I don't see Green or KCP on next seasons team, so maybe a third team could be added to the trade. If Green gets rerouted, the Spurs could get another pick.

I get that. But even if you add KCP, the salaries don’t line up (Not to mention, gross, I don’t want KCP).

I suppose the other scenario is a sign-and-trade where DDR signs a multiyear deal starting at a lower figure.

GreekSpursfan
11-14-2020, 01:55 PM
thats what im afraid of the most. spurs should take the best deal no matter from which team. they made a huge mistake in 2018 bc pop didnt want to take a better offer from lakers.

Lakers proposal is trash and i don't see them having the assets for a better one, fuck em.

DPG21920
11-14-2020, 01:55 PM
I get that. But even if you add KCP, the salaries don’t line up (Not to mention, gross, I don’t want KCP).

I suppose the other scenario is a sign-and-trade where DDR signs a multiyear deal starting at a lower figure.

Bingo

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-14-2020, 02:55 PM
I'm all for the rebuild, but Kuzma and Danny Green don't exactly translate to that.

CGD
11-14-2020, 02:59 PM
I'm all for the rebuild, but Kuzma and Danny Green don't exactly translate to that.

Yeah, not ideal. But DDR can just opt out, so limits leverage. Hope is LAL would also include a pick.

Dverde
11-14-2020, 03:03 PM
Yeah, not ideal. But DDR can just opt out, so limits leverage. Hope is LAL would also include a pick.

I can’t see them rejecting the deal over including a draft pick. Just confused what picks Lakers have left after the Anthony Davis trade.

DeRozan m8
11-14-2020, 03:35 PM
Fuck this, I never want to see Green in a Spurs Jersey again....

Kuzma isn't as exciting a prospect as he was a year or two ago either.

As much as I'm not a big DeRozan fan, this proposal by the Lakers is pretty insulting tbh
Fuck them

talkspurs
11-14-2020, 03:47 PM

You dont just make a trade to make a trade. If he wants to go there so bad then he can sign as a FA. dont do a trade just to say I got something. If it is trash coming back say no and let him sign there. I would rather have less salary (wont really give salary cap space) then to have extra players that we dont want.

gambit1990
11-14-2020, 04:05 PM

gambit1990
11-14-2020, 04:40 PM
As much as I'm not a big DeRozan fan, this proposal by the Lakers is pretty insulting tbh
Fuck them
if i were the lakers then it's an offer i would feel comfortable making.

gambit1990
11-14-2020, 04:41 PM
how much would the lakers be able to sign demar for? maybe demar opts out and gives a big hometown discount to the lakers...

spurs really don't have much leverage unless the lakers need it to be a s&t.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-14-2020, 04:44 PM
how much would the lakers be able to sign demar for? maybe demar opts out and gives a big hometown discount to the lakers...

spurs really don't have much leverage unless the lakers need it to be a s&t.

MLE.

RC_Drunkford
11-14-2020, 05:10 PM
The fuck are y’all talking about? The Lakers don’t have cap space. He can’t just opt out and sign with any team. It has to be a sign & trade unless he wants to go to Charlotte or the Knicks

talkspurs
11-14-2020, 05:16 PM
The fuck are y’all talking about? The Lakers don’t have cap space. He can’t just opt out and sign with any team. It has to be a sign & trade unless he wants to go to Charlotte or the Knicks

Lakers as an over the cap team would get the MLE. I dont think they paid lux tax last year so the have the full mle.

cd021
11-14-2020, 05:18 PM

The salaries match almost perfectly, Green, KCP, and Kuzma make a combined $27.2 million while DDR makes $27.7. add in the 28th pick and that's a trade that the Spurs might do.

The Spurs could simply waive KCP or insist on a third team to take on Green and KCP while giving them another pick. Dallas might be an option. They really want Green apparently.

RC_Drunkford
11-14-2020, 05:19 PM
Lakers as an over the cap team would get the MLE. I dont think they paid lux tax last year so the have the full mle.

yeah and DeFrozan would never sign a MLE deal, everybody knows that

buttsR4rebounding
11-14-2020, 05:48 PM

If opts out it’s doubtful he ends up in LA however.

BackHome
11-14-2020, 05:51 PM
No way in Hell is Pop doing a deal with the Flakers

Thomas82
11-14-2020, 06:04 PM
I just read that the Hawks and Raptors are also interested in pursuing him if he opts in. The Lakers supposedly don't want to include Kyle Kuzma in a deal without us giving up Derrick White.

Leetonidas
11-14-2020, 06:13 PM
I just read that the Hawks and Raptors are also interested in pursuing him if he opts in. The Lakers supposedly don't want to include Kyle Kuzma in a deal without us giving up Derrick White.

Lol fuck that. Call their bluff on that shit. Spurs would be stupid to trade white unless it's for a star

Thomas82
11-14-2020, 06:24 PM
Lol fuck that. Call their bluff on that shit. Spurs would be stupid to trade white unless it's for a star

Yeah, the Lakers are really trying to screw us in that trade.

LkrFan
11-14-2020, 07:04 PM

Verdad

DeRozan m8
11-14-2020, 07:14 PM
if i were the lakers then it's an offer i would feel comfortable making.

Exactly....its a joke for the Spurs though

Why should we be stuck with Green, whilst also giving them what they want?

cd021
11-14-2020, 07:37 PM
Exactly....its a joke for the Spurs though

Why should we be stuck with Green, whilst also giving them what they want?

The Spurs probably wouldn't keep Green. If a trade were to happen, there would probably be a third team involved to take on Green and give us a pick back, on top of the pick the Lakers would probably have to give up.

CGD
11-14-2020, 07:56 PM
The salaries match almost perfectly, Green, KCP, and Kuzma make a combined $27.2 million while DDR makes $27.7. add in the 28th pick and that's a trade that the Spurs might do.

The Spurs could simply waive KCP or insist on a third team to take on Green and KCP while giving them another pick. Dallas might be an option. They really want Green apparently.

Not quite, at least per shams (those 3 closer to 24m). But all academic since DDR’s next multiyear salary would likely start lower (maybe a lot lower) than the last year of his current deal. In fact, I can see the first year of his next deal starting below 20m

CGD
11-14-2020, 08:02 PM

Lol if the White thing is true. If they really like Kuzma that much just go get him the following year in free agency, lol

K...
11-14-2020, 08:14 PM
It's so hard to tell if the Lakers are good at GM now, or are as stupid as always. They spent 7 years out of the playoffs and had to get brons lame ass to save them.

They were always trying to sell high on their trash and new orleans were forced into taking the package after Davis pulled a Kawhi and forced himself out.

They seem willing to be the bad team that screws the league rather than a savvy team that pull it's punches. LA needs derozan more than they need the 28 pick. Kuzma is a fan favorite but that doesn't inflate his value to us or anyone else. It's delusion, or power.

Thomas82
11-14-2020, 10:08 PM
Lol if the White thing is true. If they really like Kuzma that much just go get him the following year in free agency, lol

Facts!! That deal with the Hawks sounds much better. I wonder what the Raptors would be willing to give us for DeMar.

XDT76
11-14-2020, 11:59 PM

Then we should ask them to get lost. Their current offer is not interesting enough for DDR, not to mention adding White.

Ditty
11-15-2020, 12:08 AM
Raptors better give us OG for Derozan as a thank you gift for giving them Leonard.

Thomas82
11-15-2020, 12:12 AM
Then we should ask them to get lost. Their current offer is not interesting enough for DDR, not to mention adding White.

Agree 100%!!

cd021
11-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Not quite, at least per shams (those 3 closer to 24m). But all academic since DDR’s next multiyear salary would likely start lower (maybe a lot lower) than the last year of his current deal. In fact, I can see the first year of his next deal starting below 20m

Are you referring to a sign and trade as opposed to an actual trade?

I've checked two sources and the $27.2 million dollar figure is correct. Also, the money doesn't have to match dollar for dollar. Even if it was $24 million in combined salary, that's enough for the Lakers to bring back $36 million in salary.

I've been operating under the assumption that he'd opt in and then get moved. He could opt out and the Lakers could work out an S&T with the Spurs for around 3 years $60 million for Green, Kuzma and the 28th pick (which the Lakers would have to select on the behalf of the Spurs before the deal could officially be completed.

Dex
11-15-2020, 11:05 AM

This would pretty much kill the DDR to Lakers rumor, if true.

OKC trying to draft an entirely new team :lol

D-Robinson 50 fan
11-15-2020, 11:07 AM
Shams just reported the Lakers are goin got trade their draft pick this season for Dennis Schroeder.

edit.

the post above beat me to the punch. Lmao

Leetonidas
11-15-2020, 11:59 AM
Just read it's already a done deal basically just waiting for the official time to make the trade. So our deal with LAL is probably dead

talkspurs
11-15-2020, 12:02 PM
Dont think this was ever really a deal. did not like it either.

spurspl
11-15-2020, 12:03 PM
Just read it's already a done deal basically just waiting for the official time to make the trade. So our deal with LAL is probably dead

not surprised, schroeder fits better and they keep kuz

Maddog
11-15-2020, 12:29 PM

If there ever was one

Dverde
11-15-2020, 12:42 PM
Danny or KCP gotta be going to OKC. Schroder salary is 15M. Probably Danny going.

J_Paco
11-15-2020, 12:48 PM
Danny or KCP gotta be going to OKC. Schroder salary is 15M. Probably Danny going.

Yeah, Danny is rumored to be apart of the trade for salary purposes. I could definitely see him either staying to mentor the young wing group, although Roberson is still there & can do the same, or being traded prior or during the season to a contender.

Maybe Toronto since they might waive Terence Davis & could lose VanVleet's bitch ass.

R. DeMurre
11-15-2020, 12:50 PM
Damn, it's going to be disappointing if the Spurs don't get that Laker draft pick. Interesting choice for them, though. Schroder is 6'1", less expensive than DeRozan, and just had his best 3pt shooting season ever. If they can grab him without losing Kuzma, they probably do that.

spurspl
11-15-2020, 03:03 PM
shams posted on twitter that lal and okc have agreement in principle

Sugus
11-15-2020, 03:53 PM

This would pretty much kill the DDR to Lakers rumor, if true.

OKC trying to draft an entirely new team :lol

:danceclub

TD 21
11-15-2020, 04:37 PM
I never really bought this anyway and the Lakers just made a superior trade. Schroder is 4 years younger, significantly cheaper and a better fit than DeRozan. He also didn't cost them Kuzma (more useful to them than the 28th pick is likely to be, at least short term).

DeRozan is no one's first choice. He's a fallback for a regime under fire that can't acquire a real star and is desperate to generate a semblance of publicity and graduate to mediocre to placate ownership/casuals.

The Lakers weren't giving up Kuzma and the Hawks won't be giving up Reddish or any of their youth. If that one comes to pass, it'll be DeRozan and 11 for 6.

DesignatedT
11-15-2020, 04:50 PM
DeRozan could very well opt out before Thursday and leave the Spurs with nothing.

Thomas82
11-15-2020, 05:10 PM
DeRozan could very well opt out before Thursday and leave the Spurs with nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised.

ZeusWillJudge
11-15-2020, 06:40 PM
DeRozan could very well opt out before Thursday and leave the Spurs with nothing... except cap room.

talkspurs
11-15-2020, 06:48 PM
not much cap room. Think they would still have MLE. They would be below cap but not by a whole lot especially when you figure in Potels hold. The would be at 93 mil with him out and lyles and Metu in. it is hard to find if Zeller actually has a contract for this next year or not. Potel is another 5 so that is 98. we would end up about 12 but have 5-6 spots to fill.

daslicer
11-15-2020, 06:50 PM

It's a win win if he walks.

rankingtear
11-15-2020, 07:04 PM
not much cap room. Think they would still have MLE. They would be below cap but not by a whole lot especially when you figure in Potels hold. The would be at 93 mil with him out and lyles and Metu in. it is hard to find if Zeller actually has a contract for this next year or not. Potel is another 5 so that is 98. we would end up about 12 but have 5-6 spots to fill.

Yeah we have to give poeltl 12 mil or resign Bryn to use the full MLE, or else we only have access to the room exception at 4+ mil. The sweet spot to be is just below the tax after the MLE.

talkspurs
11-15-2020, 07:07 PM
Yeah we have to give poeltl 12 mil or resign Bryn to use the full MLE, or else we only have access to the room exception at 4+ mil. The sweet spot to be is just below the tax after the MLE.

If below the cap you can opt to not have space and use the MLE. You would not have to sign someone to do it. Each spot open also counts some towards it until someone is signed. I dont know how 2 way players will count this year or if we even get them. If we dont then we get 3-4 spots to fill.

rankingtear
11-15-2020, 07:19 PM
If below the cap you can opt to not have space and use the MLE. You would not have to sign someone to do it. Each spot open also counts some towards it until someone is signed. I dont know how 2 way players will count this year or if we even get them. If we dont then we get 3-4 spots to fill.

Yeah you are right, the roster spots and poeltl cap hold would take us above the cap.

TheCerebral1
11-15-2020, 07:40 PM

He's better than Demar DeRozan, that's for sure.

CGD
11-15-2020, 07:57 PM
And then im calling all teams looking to dump salary to see what assets I can get. Like what would the Kings cough up to dump Harrison Barnes on SAS?

ZeusWillJudge
11-16-2020, 02:16 PM
He's better than Demar DeRozan, that's for sure.

I was always a Green fan, but have you guys forgotten what happened any time Danny had to put the ball on the floor? It's worse than the heartbreak of psoriasis. I almost had to look away from the TV any time I saw him lower his head.

Or have you forgotten what happens when his 3 gets contested? 2013 Finals? "It still hurts"? Ring any bells? Danny was on an epic 3P run in the playoffs - then they came out and challenged him and he went 2-11 in the last two games.

Danny plays D a lot better than DeRozan. But on the other end, he needs to be on a team with guys who bend the defense and get him open looks. Without that, he's just an -and-D player. You can't compare him and DDR, because they're totally different animals.

ElNono
11-16-2020, 02:17 PM
I was always a Green fan, but have you guys forgotten what happened any time Danny had to put the ball on the floor? It's worse than the heartbreak of psoriasis. I almost had to look away from the TV any time I saw him lower his head.

this, motherfuckers... some of you have such short memory, tbh

RC_Drunkford
11-16-2020, 02:21 PM

Or have you forgotten what happens when his 3 gets contested? 2013 Finals? "It still hurts"? Ring any bells? Danny was on an epic 3P run in the playoffs - then they came out and challenged him and he went 2-11 in the last two games.

Danny plays D a lot better than DeRozan. But on the other end, he needs to be on a team with guys who bend the defense and get him open looks. Without that, he's just an -and-D player. You can't compare him and DDR, because they're totally different animals.

Bro Danny misses his 3s even when he's wide open. That's why the Lakers just traded him

TheCerebral1
11-17-2020, 09:56 PM
Bro Danny misses his 3s even when he's wide open. That's why the Lakers just traded him

At least Danny can sink threes. Demar DeRozan has a terrible shot, he always has and always will. He's 30, and is an outdated relic of the early 2000's.