BackHome
11-14-2020, 06:00 PM
Trade would be as follows:

Atlanta gets Spurs 11th pick and DeRozan

Golden State would get LMA and Atlanta’s 6th pick

Spurs would get Wiggins, Cam Reddish, and GS second pick

Leetonidas
11-14-2020, 06:01 PM
We're trading Derozan and the 11th pick for Cam Reddish basically? Lol wtf I hope not

Dejounte
11-14-2020, 06:02 PM
Oh shit boy. You getting rumors, too?

venitian navigator
11-14-2020, 06:02 PM
Link?

Robz4000
11-14-2020, 06:03 PM
:lol fuck that

Dejounte
11-14-2020, 06:04 PM
GSW gets way too much. Basically a freaking dynasty for them.

rankingtear
11-14-2020, 06:15 PM

ATL gives up Reddish , move down 5 spots for a guy they can sign outright. You have to make it more realistic man. ATL has 50 million in cap space.

buttsR4rebounding
11-14-2020, 06:21 PM
That trade sucks.

cd021
11-14-2020, 06:38 PM
If you were to take Reddish out, then that's actually not a terrible trade.

Though, the Spurs could probably get another first round pick from the Lakers if they deal DeRozan to them.

cd021
11-14-2020, 06:39 PM
ATL gives up Reddish , move down 5 spots for a guy they can sign outright. You have to make it more realistic man. ATL has 50 million in cap space.

Why would DeMar sign there? He's been linked to Brooklyn, New York, and the Lakers.

I meant that why would he sign in ATL? If they want him, they'd have to trade for him-- if he opt's in.

lmbebo
11-14-2020, 06:41 PM
good except the wiggins to us ...

rankingtear
11-14-2020, 06:53 PM
Why would DeMar sign there? He's been linked to Brooklyn, New York, and the Lakers.

I don't know, the OP posted the rumor.

baseline bum
11-14-2020, 07:04 PM

Because he likes money

BWS-1994
11-14-2020, 07:05 PM
LMA, DD, 11th pick = Wiggins, Reddish, 2nd pick?

Hmm...

GAustex
11-14-2020, 07:10 PM
Poop will likely throw in a bunch of cash to both Atl and GS

DesignatedT
11-14-2020, 07:16 PM
DeRozan is about to opt out and leave for nothing so reddish for him is okay if the Spurs are really high on reddish. Spurs need to get someone else to take back Wiggins for LMA though.

Ideally: Derozan to Atlanta for Reddish and 6 and LMA to GS for the 2 while getting a 3rd team to take on Wiggins while throwing our 11th to that team as well.

Dex
11-14-2020, 07:23 PM
:jack

The Truth #6
11-14-2020, 07:27 PM

Fans would get screwed.

cd021
11-14-2020, 07:31 PM
Because he likes money

If that the case then he could opt-in and get traded. If the Spurs do send him to LA, they'd have his bird rights. He doesn't have to play in Georgia to get paid.

baseline bum
11-14-2020, 07:45 PM
If that the case then he could opt-in and get traded. If the Spurs do send him to LA, they'd have his bird rights. He doesn't have to play in Georgia to get paid.

I'm sure he'd rather go to the Lakers but it's not like they can sign him if the Spurs turn down their deal. DeRozan's not a max player so I'm expecting he'll happily sign anywhere that would pay him like one, and would thus agree to a trade with Atlanta if they offer him a sizeable extension.

Chinook
11-14-2020, 07:50 PM
It's a good deal for SA.

Kurik
11-14-2020, 07:52 PM
For what it’s worth Reddish was playing pretty well towards the end of the season. He probably has as much talent as the top 5 in the draft.

lmbebo
11-14-2020, 07:55 PM
For what it’s worth Reddish was playing pretty well towards the end of the season. He probably has as much talent as the top 5 in the draft.

Reddish has talent, he'd be a good get I think.

K...
11-14-2020, 08:03 PM
This is a good deal if the Spurs are spooked by the Love Cleveland trade and are looking to add value. For GSW 6 is better than 11, for atlanta 11 and dero is better than just signing dero.

The spurs of course can try and get 6 and 2 but i don't even know if they want that. They seem pretty unlikely to give up their real assets but maybe they will for the right offer?

Nivek_ogre
11-14-2020, 08:06 PM
Replace reddish with huerter .

CGD
11-14-2020, 08:10 PM
I don’t dislike it, though, I’d like slightly more value for Spurs. Would love to have Hunter over Reddish for example, but would also take a decent 2nd.

Robz4000
11-14-2020, 08:14 PM
It's a good deal for SA.

How? Cam Reddish is beyond garbage.

CGD
11-14-2020, 08:19 PM

Good point, but I’m not sure their capsheet is that clean anymore. They took back Teague in a trade last year, and he’ll have a massive (near 30m) cap hold. I don’t follow that team closely so don’t know how they value him (e.g., do they just renounce him or is he someone thing want back). They also have some shocking poor deals (Capella and Dedmon) for big money for a so called rebuilding team

td4mvp2k
11-14-2020, 08:28 PM
would be nice to get another pick but i'd take that deal. i dont think ATL does it if DDR doesnt commit.

Dverde
11-14-2020, 08:42 PM
Did Cam Reddish become garbage? I remember a lot of hype for him during his draft.

mo7888
11-14-2020, 08:48 PM
Did Cam Reddish become garbage? I remember a lot of hype for him during his draft.

No, he's not garbage...he had a challenging rookie year but got better towards the end. He's got talent and would probably be top 5 in this draft coming out...

rankingtear
11-14-2020, 08:50 PM

First Half - Knox/Culver type garbage.
Second Half - Lonnie Walker with more minutes decent.

exstatic
11-14-2020, 08:52 PM

His floor was very low for a top pock. Was always in the conversation for top 3-4 picks in his draft most likely to bust.

CGD
11-14-2020, 08:54 PM
I wonder if there is a world where SAS sends out one of its youngsters and keeps 11 instead.

itzsoweezee
11-14-2020, 08:56 PM
No way Atlanta does that trade. If the front office can flip DeRozan for something actually valuable, I'll take back all the shit I've talked about them.

Robz4000
11-14-2020, 09:11 PM
I wonder if there is a world where SAS sends out one of its youngsters and keeps 11 instead.

Only one I'd trade at this point is Murray tbh, unless someone wants Samanic.

talkspurs
11-14-2020, 09:34 PM

Ide trade walker but not those two.

Atl Spur
11-14-2020, 09:37 PM

#keepluka

Robz4000
11-14-2020, 09:40 PM
Honestly, if the right deal came along I wouldn't hesitate to move any of the young guys outside KJ. However, none of the offers I've seen have been worth it, much less to help facilitate LMA or DR'S preferences on a trade destination.

DAF86
11-14-2020, 10:12 PM

That would be even worst than the Kawhi trade.

DPG21920
11-14-2020, 11:32 PM
Ya. Some variations of this have been discussed for a while. Would be a damn good job by the FO all things considered

Degoat
11-14-2020, 11:39 PM
This trade completely triggered fans on the hawks fan website lmao they’re disgusted by it

Ditty
11-15-2020, 12:20 AM
That would be a great trade for the Spurs even taking on Wiggins. Wiggins would be the perfect player to have on a tanking team. Then his contract would be much easier to trade next offseason again. Spurs draft Wiseman.

I could see ATL wanting to take on Derozan as they are supposedly being pressured to make the playoffs this season. Derozan might be the second option ATL is looking for. They can still get a good player at #11 as there might not be a huge talent gap from 6th pick in this years draft. I could see them substituting Huerter instead of Reddish.

Perfect trade for GS. Get rid of Wiggins contract. Get Aldridge who can defend Anthony Davis on a one year contract. They can possibly draft Deni with a more reasonable 6th pick.

Dejounte
11-15-2020, 12:26 AM
If Wiseman is the franchise player the Spurs think he is, any other player in the deal is considered meaningless. Think about it: the Lakers gave up their "future" for Anthony Davis and everybody thought their supporting cast would be garbage. Franchise players make up everything about a team. If we have to take on shitty contracts or players, so be it.

Dejounte
11-15-2020, 12:35 AM
I really thought about this hard, but if there was a trade up, Wiseman would be the only player I hope we draft in the event we have to give up the 11th. That's tough for me to say because I like both Smith and Nesmith. If we gave up the 11th to draft Deni or Halli, however, I would be upset. That's saying a lot because I like both of those guys.

Thomas82
11-15-2020, 12:40 AM
If Wiseman is the franchise player the Spurs think he is, any other player in the deal is considered meaningless. Think about it: the Lakers gave up their "future" for Anthony Davis and everybody thought their supporting cast would be garbage. Franchise players make up everything about a team. If we have to take on shitty contracts or players, so be it.

To me, it wouldn't make sense to draft Deni if we moved up to #2, especially since trading LA would leave us with a hole in our frontcourt.

Dejounte
11-15-2020, 12:44 AM
Looking over the Warriors subreddit... Warriors fans fucking hate the idea of taking on Aldridge lmao

Thomas82
11-15-2020, 01:26 AM
Those fans are looking at it the wrong way. Aldridge would give the Warriors a big to matchup with AD and Jokic, and neither of them can do anything with him. And if it doesn't work out, he's an expiring contract and his salary comes off the books, which would give the Warriors some room to pursue the Greek Freak next summer.

daslicer
11-15-2020, 01:29 AM
Looking over the Warriors subreddit... Warriors fans fucking hate the idea of taking on Aldridge lmao

They will have a different feeling when AD or Jokic whoops their ass during the playoffs.

talkspurs
11-15-2020, 01:48 AM
Those fans are looking at it the wrong way. Aldridge would give the Warriors a big to matchup with AD and Jokic, and neither of them can do anything with him. And if it doesn't work out, he's an expiring contract and his salary comes off the books, which would give the Warriors some room to pursue the Greek Freak next summer.

Not really as they are over the cap. It probably would not give them room. Definitely would not be enough room to sign another max FA.

Ignazzz
11-15-2020, 01:51 AM
Funny. Hawks never do this but spurs fans say no �� haha

objective
11-15-2020, 02:29 AM
I could see Atlanta ditching one of their young players for # 11, and working DeRozan into the deal to give the Spurs a giant trade exception as the price to get the deal done instead of signing DeRozan straight up

But I don't think Reddish would be that player. And I don't think for a second that Atlanta would give up # 6, that just doesn't make sense.

However, if Atlanta was willing, I think it would be fine.

The guy I want at 11 the most, Williams, likely won't be there anyway, and Reddish is quite promising with good size.

Still, seems bogus

venitian navigator
11-15-2020, 02:42 AM
Call me a homer, but despite what I read by a lot of posters above I see the proposed deal as too much favorable for GS and Atl.
One thing we have to consider is we are in the best position regarding market interests because, on the contrary of GS (that needs pieces to win immediately in a max 2/3 years window) and ATL (who needs reliable veterans to finally taste the play offs again) our only goal is to develop young players...and we still have a ton of them (so we can, with maximum serenity, face next season with all our vets just waiting for their contracts to end and free cap space).
That's the time to exploit the obvious market advantage in terms of others teams needs.

The idea of a K. Love trade for GS is imho just a smoke screen...for the reasons that simply his defense is nowhere near what LMA can offer and plus his contract is terrible while, on the contrary, LMA's one is ending and can be re negotiate at a reasonable price (why should't LMA do it when he goes to a still winning/title contending environment ?). LMA for them is the best option by far, and I'm sure that this perspective can convince him to renounce to his trade kicker...with him and Green the GS interior defense will be back at a full power at least for next season.
Plus GS needs to limitate the amount of the tax...downloading not only Wiggins contract (that's necessary just for trading purposes) but also the n° 2 pick (because a young rookie player in this moment isn't worth for them the price of 10 millions for the salary plus the tax amount of the repeated offenders).

In conclusion, the only trade with GS I would accept is LMA for Wiggins + n° 2

Going to ATL, DDR is the perfect veteran for them, because he can effectively be not only a starting weapon (becoming practically the only one of their entire roster, axceèt for young, able to attack the ring countless times) but also the second unit play maker, giving to ATL the chance to renounce to Teagues rights (19 millions last year...the most expansive contract of the team) without second thoughts. Considering their needing of veterans (Mills and Gay, for different reasons, are good options in this sense, being both god 3 point shooters) and play offs goals and style of play, plus their cap freedom and the fact that they absolutely need to download one of the 2 bad contracts for 2 centers that are actually included in their roster for the coming years (Dedmon and Capela, while the only center of a good price, alias Fernando, takes a very limited amount ) I can see a trade like the one that follows:

to ATL : DDR, Gay and Mills
to SA : Reddish, Capela (Deadmon) and n° 6

so in the end

to GS : LMA
to ATL: DDR, Gay, Mills
to SA : Wiggins, Capela, Reddish, n° 2 and n° 6

Dhbsr555
11-15-2020, 03:20 AM
Are warriors seriously even considering this I mean it would be dumb giving up Wiggins for nothing and adding a number two for an aged forward

Robz4000
11-15-2020, 03:45 AM
Are warriors seriously even considering this I mean it would be dumb giving up Wiggins for nothing and adding a number two for an aged forward

Wiggins is awful and getting paid $120mil+ over the next few seasons, and the #2 pick this year isn't worth as much as it would be in a normal draft.

99 Problems
11-15-2020, 04:24 AM

keeping #2 doesn’t assist them winning with Stef&Klay and to a lessor degree Dray thb. And that clock is ticking. LMA would be very handy for them and there’s a real possibility that they get nobody better than LMA.

tbdog
11-15-2020, 05:13 AM
keeping #2 doesn’t assist them winning with Stef&Klay and to a lessor degree Dray thb. And that clock is ticking. LMA would be very handy for them and there’s a real possibility that they get nobody better than LMA.

I think warriors also want depth. I wouldn't be surprised if they want white as well.

Dhbsr555
11-15-2020, 05:18 AM
No to trading white absolutely not.

PhantomDashCam
11-15-2020, 05:35 AM
This would have to considered a win (if goes through), especially compared to that BS Lakers return rumour.
My concern would be the sudden bottle neck at the wing, but it shows the Spurs are committing to an almost ABA style of play.
Would be a fun team to watch.

BillMc
11-15-2020, 05:59 AM
No to trading white absolutely not.

They could have Murray though...

Dhbsr555
11-15-2020, 06:00 AM
Only way I’d trade white is if we are drafting ball

Robz4000
11-15-2020, 06:02 AM
Only way I’d trade white is if we are drafting ball

That would be a fucking nightmare.

tbdog
11-15-2020, 06:57 AM
They could have Murray though...

The warriors are giving up 2 rotational players. They need depth and good size. They can't expect Klay will hit the floor running day one for whole season.

RC_Drunkford
11-15-2020, 07:58 AM
I don’t buy this rumor simply for the fact that Reddish‘s and DeRozan‘s salaries don’t match. Would have to be a larger deal. Besides that the Hawks have 50 million in cap space, they could just sign DeRozan without giving up anything

spurspl
11-15-2020, 08:38 AM
I don’t buy this rumor simply for the fact that Reddish‘s and DeRozan‘s salaries don’t match. Would have to be a larger deal

atl has 50mil cap space and thats enough to take ddr and sign jeff teague.

spurspl
11-15-2020, 08:40 AM
thats a great trade for... GSW.

Dex
11-15-2020, 09:56 AM
I don’t buy this rumor simply for the fact that Reddish‘s and DeRozan‘s salaries don’t match. Would have to be a larger deal. Besides that the Hawks have 50 million in cap space, they could just sign DeRozan without giving up anything

If they can find a way to make the salaries work, couldn't they potentially have DeRozan AND the cap-space to bring in another star (or some good role players)?

DeRozan alone ain't enough to get that team over the hump.

Thomas82
11-15-2020, 10:32 AM
Not really as they are over the cap. It probably would not give them room. Definitely would not be enough room to sign another max FA.

I imagine they would make other moves to see if they could free up the space to make it happen.

Dejounte
11-15-2020, 10:37 AM
What about include Draymond in this deal that way Warriors get their cap to get Giannis and the Hawks get another solid player to push them into playoff contention?

Warriors get Aldridge, 6th

Spurs get Wiggins, 2nd, Warriors 2nd round pick

Hawks get DeRozan, Draymond

This one seems more fair, no?

Dejounte
11-15-2020, 10:49 AM
DJ/ Campazzo/ Q
White/ Lonnie/ Richardson/ Mason Jones
Keldon/ Wiggins/ Terry Armstrong
Smith/ Lyles/ Samanic
Wiseman/ Eubanks

talkspurs
11-15-2020, 11:47 AM
I imagine they would make other moves to see if they could free up the space to make it happen.

They would have to get rid of Draymond as their big 3 alone make 100k.

talkspurs
11-15-2020, 11:50 AM
What about include Draymond in this deal that way Warriors get their cap to get Giannis and the Hawks get another solid player to push them into playoff contention?

ATL already has 2 bigs so I dont see why they would want Draymond and his contract. I also think GS would feel they are giving up to much as they may still see him as part of their core. Yes they want to save salary but not at the expense of loseing their hopes to win the championship.

Thomas82
11-15-2020, 02:12 PM
They would have to get rid of Draymond as their big 3 alone make 100k.

It would shock me if they actually did that.

talkspurs
11-15-2020, 02:21 PM
It would shock me if they actually did that.

I dont think they will either which is why they wont have enough room to sign GA outright. It would have to be a sign and trade.

offset formation
11-15-2020, 02:25 PM
I dont think they will either which is why they wont have enough room to sign GA outright. It would have to be a sign and trade.

Current money is on Giannis going to Dallas as I read it. Think Brian Wildhorst has basically said if Gianni leaves Milwaukee his most likely landing spit is the Mavericks.

Thomas82
11-15-2020, 02:26 PM
Current money is on Giannis going to Dallas as I read it. Think Brian Wildhorst has basically said if Gianni leaves Milwaukee his most likely landing spit is the Mavericks.

I can see that. Luca, KP, and Giannis would be dangerous together.

cd021
11-16-2020, 06:32 AM
I could see Atlanta ditching one of their young players for # 11, and working DeRozan into the deal to give the Spurs a giant trade exception as the price to get the deal done instead of signing DeRozan straight up

But I don't think Reddish would be that player. And I don't think for a second that Atlanta would give up # 6, that just doesn't make sense.

However, if Atlanta was willing, I think it would be fine.

The guy I want at 11 the most, Williams, likely won't be there anyway, and Reddish is quite promising with good size.

Still, seems bogus

The only part of the trade that doesn't make sense in Reddish's inclusion. Minus that I think it's a good trade, I don't think it'll happen but one can hope.

-Atlanta trades back five spots to add a veteran that can help them make the playoffs. Its likely that they also aren't that interest in the players likely to be available at 6.

-Spurs trade up 9 spots and get the number 2 pick and clear out a lot of salary and minutes for the young players. They do have to take on Wiggins though.

-Warriors get off of Wiggins deal and add Aldridge while only trading back four spots.

cd021
11-16-2020, 06:38 AM

I don't think Atlanta would want Draymond. I think the original trade makes more sense/ seems more likely minus Reddish.

CGD
11-16-2020, 08:35 AM
I prefer the original formulation. Reddish is a better prospect then whatever late pick gets added instead. It’s about collecting as many lottery tickets as possible and hoping a few pan out

Thomas82
11-16-2020, 09:34 AM
I thought Kevin Love didn't have much of a trade market. Apparently, the Warriors have talked to the Cavs about trading for him:

https://cavaliersnation.com/2020/11/13/report-cavs-have-discussed-deal-to-send-kevin-love-to-warriors/?fbclid=IwAR0IGykotdI1iPeCpNoF7QqxHXbmqv3KTOKuSv9Q fbBZJf5FL7l2JP_vt1Y

Dex
11-16-2020, 10:47 AM
I don't think Atlanta would want Draymond. I think the original trade makes more sense/ seems more likely minus Reddish.

I'd be more surprised if GSW was willing to move Dray.

He looked like dogshit last year, but we all know that he is a system player that didn't have his system around him. He's not the kind if player that is going to go out and lead a team himself.

If Steph and Klay come back healthy, they are still the core of the team that won 73 games...AND they have the #2 pick to play with.

Robz4000
11-16-2020, 11:35 PM
White is close to the TOP of his ceiling if not at it

Walker Ceiling>Whites Ceiling... its a No-brainer Trade......If you can get what has been offered for him as long as you have LWIV under contract a ROOKIE DEAL and Bird Rights.....

LULZ spurs talk eyetesters and their "untouchables"......

Walker may never even get close to his ceiling tbh, and we already have White who can play at an elite level with the proper mindset. I wouldn't trade either right now, however, unless a good deal came along.

LkrFan
11-17-2020, 07:16 AM

They retarded then. Donkey ain't doing jack with AD. At least LMA can hit jumpers and have some size to deal with him.

I hope they don't do it :lol

LkrFan
11-17-2020, 09:46 AM
https://twitter.com/NBATradeRadar/status/1328709059126636544?s=19

Don't do it RC :lol

r0drig0lac
11-17-2020, 09:52 AM

Teague? wtf :hang

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 09:54 AM

This is one of those bullshit sites.

My thing is, how do you find the time to dedicate yourself to spewing out bullshit like this site does??

smush
11-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Lol Teague is a free agent.

BackHome
11-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Things getting interesting :reading

mo7888
11-17-2020, 09:57 AM
Teague stayed with Atl instead of taking a buyout because he's looking for a S&T this off-season

look_at_g_shred
11-17-2020, 09:57 AM
This is one of those bullshit sites.

My thing is, how do you find the time to dedicate yourself to spewing out bullshit like this site does??
Clicks

Chinook
11-17-2020, 10:03 AM

People worry me when they think this is a bad deal. I mean I don't want Teague and am pretty sure he's a free agent anyway. But getting Reddish and moving up for Toppin/Okongwu at the expense of some second-rounders? It'd be an obvious steal.

Murray, Mills
Johnson, White
Reddish, Walker
Okongwu, Gay, Samanic
Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

That's a good team. It's not a contender or anything, but it has a clear path forward post-Aldridge and still has flexibility to gain more picks or try to improve to show a 21 free agent that the is worth signing on with.

mo7888
11-17-2020, 10:06 AM
People worry me when they think this is a bad deal. I mean I don't want Teague and am pretty sure he's a free agent anyway. But getting Reddish and moving up for Toppin/Okongwu at the expense of some second-rounders? It'd be an obvious steal.

Murray, Mills
Johnson, White
Reddish, Walker
Okongwu, Gay, Samanic
Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

That's a good team.

It's a hack site but, the trade proposal makes a lot of sense and Teague himself makes sense as a backup PG if we move Murray or White in a separate trade.

TimDunkem
11-17-2020, 10:08 AM

Murray, Mills
Johnson, White
Reddish, Walker
Okongwu, Gay, Samanic
Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

That's a good team. It's not a contender or anything, but it has a clear path forward post-Aldridge and still has flexibility to gain more picks or try to improve to show a 21 free agent that the is worth signing on with.

Didn't know you were such a fan of Reddish. I and others have not been impressed with him so far but the potential is obvious.

The part I hate is swapping picks. I'm for any trade that doesn't involve giving up a first round pick although that isn't always realistic.

Chinook
11-17-2020, 10:13 AM
Didn't know you were such a fan of Reddish. I and others have not been impressed with him so far but the potential is obvious.

The part I hate is swapping picks. I'm for any trade that doesn't involve giving up a first round pick although that isn't always realistic.

So are you saying that including the swap that gets SA up to 6 is a bad thing? Obviously 6 and Reddish is an overpay for DMDR.

EDIT: To add to this, I am not really a huge fan of Reddish. I'm a fan of the team adding chances of developing a star. Getting Reddish while improving their pick would be a huge win in a DeRozan trade, just like getting Culver and 17 would be a huge win in a Minny trade. It's getting to the point where the Spurs have to decide on Walker, White and Murray. Adding someone like Reddish or Culver to compete with those guys and Johnson means the Spurs can be pickier with whom they keep. Ideally, only two or three of those five (or six if the pick becomes another perimeter player) players should be in the long-term plans. They need to determine who those guys are so they can avoid overpaying for the others.

Chinook
11-17-2020, 10:22 AM
Teague stayed with Atl instead of taking a buyout because he's looking for a S&T this off-season

To entertain this, ATL could use their cap space on Hayward and then come back and trade Teague/Dedmon and Reddish to DMDR. That would probably give them a good enough core to be a playoff team going forward. If the Spurs are serious/able to trade Mills for Richardson, they could see Teague as a long-term fit to replace him (just as they might see Campazzo in that same light).

Murray, Teague,
White, Johnson, Walker
Richardson, Reddish, Woodard (41)
Okongwu (6), Gay, Samanic
Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

Might be best to trade Walker or White for a future pick to clean up the rotation a bit.

offset formation
11-17-2020, 10:57 AM
To entertain this, ATL could use their cap space on Hayward and then come back and trade Teague/Dedmon and Reddish to DMDR. That would probably give them a good enough core to be a playoff team going forward. If the Spurs are serious/able to trade Mills for Richardson, they could see Teague as a long-term fit to replace him (just as they might see Campazzo in that same light).

Murray, Teague,
White, Johnson, Walker
Richardson, Reddish, Woodard (41)
Okongwu (6), Gay, Samanic
Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

Might be best to trade Walker or White for a future pick to clean up the rotation a bit.

I'm normally picking up what you're putting down but I think you might have caught a case of trade-itis.

Most of that roster doesn't look good (to me) nor is it in anyway beneficial to have Walker third on the depth chart or Johnson on the bench. I doubt even if the Spurs eyed Okongwu, that he'd be the starting PF over Gay.

Teague is likely better than Murray. Lyles bring third off the bench doesn't take into account he was the starter for most of the season last year so undoubtedly Pop is higher on him than relegating him to trash time.

And trading White is weird. He might be the team's best PG and is the most consistent 3rd scoring option on most nights.

Maybe you trade Walker.

But I just think you're way off here with otion overload.

Mugen
11-17-2020, 11:01 AM
I'm normally picking up what you're putting down but I think you might have caught a case of trade-itis.

Most of that roster doesn't look good (to me) nor is it in anyway beneficial to have Walker third on the depth chart or Johnson on the bench. I doubt even if the Spurs eyed Okongwu, that he'd be the starting PF over Gay.

Teague is likely better than Murray. Lyles bring third off the bench doesn't take into account he was the starter for most of the season last year so undoubtedly Pop is higher on him than relegating him to trash time.

And trading White is weird. He might be the team's best PG and is the most consistent 3rd scoring option on most nights.

Maybe you trade Walker.

But I just think you're way off here with otion overload.

Trading White to "clean up the rotation" is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while tbh.

TheCerebral1
11-17-2020, 03:08 PM

Get it done. I'm so tired of seeing this waste of space on our roster.

Prime BEEF
11-17-2020, 03:16 PM

I think the hawks would still do this w/o our #11 pick. Either way just get DDR off the team

DPG21920
11-17-2020, 03:18 PM

Murray, Mills
Johnson, White
Reddish, Walker
Okongwu, Gay, Samanic
Aldridge, Poeltl, Lyles

Agree lol. Amazing deal