11-16-2020, 01:41 PM
Per sources

Mugen
11-16-2020, 01:41 PM
Nice. Now ship his ass out.

NASpurs
11-16-2020, 01:44 PM
Chris Haynes ChrisBHaynes
San Antonio Spurs star DeMar DeRozan has informed the franchise that he is opting into his $27.7 million player option for the 2020-21 season, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

MoSpur02
11-16-2020, 01:46 PM
Sorry. That was per Shams and Chris Haynes.

Spurs really need to get a high draft pick and young souls player in return for DeMar.

Dverde
11-16-2020, 01:47 PM
We stacked. Suck on that Finish Line.

NASpurs
11-16-2020, 01:49 PM
Nice. Now ship his ass out.

:lol

Let’s all be real though, nothing is going to happen... at most Rudy Gay gets shipped or something.

R. DeMurre
11-16-2020, 01:50 PM
DeRozan trade news would be like an early christmas gift. C'mon Brian Wright! Show us whatcha got!

Collins21
No not as most expected Some people said he had a chance of opting out regardless. Now i think he's going to play out this season and leave for nothing next year.

lefty
:cry Retiring a Spur

mo7888
11-16-2020, 01:52 PM
No not as most expected Some people said he had a chance of opting out regardless. Now i think he's going to play out this season and leave for nothing next year.

I don't think he was ever opting out... I'm pretty confident that either he or lma will be moved by the draft. 50-50 on both..

8FOR!3
It's a smart move on his end who knows how this offseason is going to go.

NASpurs

Definitely, dude is more likely to get a loyalty contract than being traded.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-16-2020, 01:54 PM
I think it showed that Demar plays better in a lineup that includes Keldon Johnson than he does in one that includes Bryn Forbes.

White, DDR, KJ, Walker and LMA is a pretty decent starting five. No Forbes and less Patty, a couple more small pieces here and there, and the Spurs are a much better team than last year.

DPG21920
11-16-2020, 01:54 PM
Good for Sa in trades. The threat of losing him for nothing is now gone and ddr has less leverage. Still, I thought he was willing to walk if Sa couldn’t find a S&T.

They may already have a deal though and DDR is fine with it and doesn’t have to leave in FA

Brazil
11-16-2020, 01:56 PM

:lol

jeebus
11-16-2020, 01:56 PM
Definitely, dude is more likely to get a loyalty contract than being traded.
Ah, a Pau Gasol deal.

Degoat
11-16-2020, 01:57 PM
So does bode well for a trade happening more likely?

itzsoweezee
11-16-2020, 01:58 PM
I think it showed that Demar plays better in a lineup that includes Keldon Johnson than he does in one that includes Bryn Forbes.

White, DDR, KJ, Walker and LMA is a pretty decent starting five. No Forbes and less Patty, a couple more small pieces here and there, and the Spurs are a much better team than last year.

Spurs are a lottery team regardless. They should be trying hard to tank this year. To that end, keeping demar around for another year might be the best outcome. No one can sabotage the Spurs' chances of winning like demar can.

DPG21920
11-16-2020, 01:58 PM
So does bode well for a trade happening more likely?

Big picture it seems SA and DDR are both ready for a trade. It helps SA some as they control it now.

Mugen
11-16-2020, 01:59 PM

F that, Choppa. Ship his ass out.

Dverde
11-16-2020, 01:59 PM
Still opting in before the draft makes me think something is up. I’m fine bringing him back. He was good in the bubble. Good mentor and teammate.

RC_Drunkford
11-16-2020, 02:00 PM
called it

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-16-2020, 02:00 PM
F that, Choppa. Ship his ass out.

I 100% agree. I'm just playing devil's advocate in the event we're stuck with him this year. Knowing our FO's propensity to sit on their hands I suppose my expectations for moving him or LMA are low.

Spursfanfromafar
11-16-2020, 02:01 PM
I liked how DDR adjusted his play in the bubble: he was efficient, he picked his moments and spots on offense and concentrated on getting his teammates shots and buckets. Power Forward, however, was clearly not his best spot as a defender. I still think Aldridge is the more tradeable asset, because of his versatility in spreading the floor, still competent post offense and shooting, besides decent rim protection. If the Spurs get a pure SF or a SF-PF in a Aldridge trade, they should keep DDR as a way to groom the young talent. Maybe later in the season he can be a trade asset whom a contender can target, if the Spurs dont move the needle from this season's No 10/11 position. Till that point of time, White, DDR, Keldon, Lyles & Poeltl isn't a bad starting lineup. Would be great if the Spurs get someone like Gordon Hayward for LMA.

Collins21
11-16-2020, 02:01 PM
I don't think he was ever opting out... I'm pretty confident that either he or lma will be moved by the draft. 50-50 on both..

I'm not talking about you but there were posters saying that he would opt out no matter what. That he would even take less money to leave if he had to. All I'm saying is that i don't believe everything people post on here as inside info. You have a good track record of giving credible information others not so much.

Chinook
11-16-2020, 02:03 PM
Big picture it seems SA and DDR are both ready for a trade. It helps SA some as they control it now.

Not just/really that, but they couldn't do a trade without DMDR opting in first. The S&T route was always a dead end.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the trade talks we've been told have been happening are actually the Spurs have being active in trying to acquire a player to go with DMDR and LMA (and DJM too unfortunately). We may well see a Mills/Gay package rather than either of those other players. If they find a way to get Richardson and say PJ Tucker, I think you could see a better result.

Provided that the Spurs keep the two or three best young players (including 11), no win-now trade is going to hurt their chances at a rebuild. So fans trying to will them to blow it up might just have to deal with it for another year.

NASpurs
11-16-2020, 02:03 PM
I 100% agree. I'm just playing devil's advocate in the event we're stuck with him this year. Knowing our FO's propensity to sit on their hands I suppose my expectations for moving him or LMA are low.

Yeah same here. I’ve seen this dance before, fell in the hype just so PATFO can say “we like what we have”. Fool me once...

mo7888
11-16-2020, 02:04 PM
I'm not talking about you but there were posters saying that he would opt out no matter what. That he would even take less money to leave if he had to. All I'm saying is that i don't believe everything people post on here as inside info. You have a good track record of giving credible information others not so much.

I appreciate that... I hear where you're coming from..

cd98
11-16-2020, 02:05 PM
DDR is still a good player that fits well on our roster, except for his defense. Even if he doesn't shoot that many threes, he creates good three point shots for others. I still think he gets traded because this team is on a different schedule. He'll leave next year for sure so the Spurs should get something for him, but no rush. Let the teams that want him give something that is worth trading for and if it is nothing but garbage players or 2nd round picks, then keep him and let him play out his contract. He'll be good anyway because he'll be playing for his next contract this year.

DPG21920
11-16-2020, 02:06 PM
Not just/really that, but they couldn't do a trade without DMDR opting in first. The S&T route was always a dead end.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the trade talks we've been told have been happening are actually the Spurs have being active in trying to acquire a player to go with DMDR and LMA (and DJM too unfortunately). We may well see a Mills/Gay package rather than either of those other players. If they find a way to get Richardson and say PJ Tucker, I think you could see a better result.

Provided that the Spurs keep the two or three best young players (including 11), no win-now trade is going to hurt their chances at a rebuild. So fans trying to will them to blow it up might just have to deal with it for another year.

Disagree. The laker talks were real and S&T was real option. But yeah, big picture him opting in didn’t harm any trades. The talk was since Sa didn’t extend him he was gone if they couldn’t find a deal.

Now? There’s a path to him staying this season with him opting in but I still firmly believe that is highly unlikely.

Degoat
11-16-2020, 02:06 PM
That supposed source on the hawks website said he was gonna opt out, confirmed he’s full of shit lol

mo7888
11-16-2020, 02:07 PM

That would be a very disappointing outcome. I'm not against adding a player but if its just Richardson + Tucker it would be underwhelming to say the least. If they are going that route it should be someone better than ddr and lma.

Dejounte
11-16-2020, 02:08 PM
Trade please

DPG21920
11-16-2020, 02:08 PM
That supposed source on the hawks website said he was gonna opt out, confirmed he’s full of shit lol

Disagree. There was enough of that chatter to where it seemed viable. Some times things don’t happen. Like Beli not being traded. Doesn’t mean MoSpur sources are bad. He’s been right about many things.

Hell even Timvp posted about Derozan opting out (TNT sources)

Seventyniner
11-16-2020, 02:09 PM
called it

Sure enough. :bobo

Mugen
11-16-2020, 02:12 PM

Gross.

Collins21
11-16-2020, 02:15 PM
Disagree. There was enough of that chatter to where it seemed viable. Some times things don’t happen. Like Beli not being traded. Doesn’t mean MoSpur sources are bad. He’s been right about many things.

Hell even Timvp posted about Derozan opting out (TNT sources)

Yeah you can't question someone's credibility for being wrong about something shit happens. However when it comes to DeRozan I'm skeptical because most Spurs fans have weird agendas when it comes to him and result to fabricating things. Like I hear things from NBA people that I know and even they had to question why would San Antonio and Cleveland have talks about DeMar? last year like some Spurs fans mentioned.

RC_Drunkford
11-16-2020, 02:17 PM
I can still see the Spurs run it back and evaluate again at the deadline. Not that I would like it, but even if you ship out LA and DeRozan they would most likely need some type of go-to-guy for crunch time. Let's see what they do. Either way they should try to package Gay and Mills and see what they can get for them as well

KobesAchilles
11-16-2020, 02:23 PM
What long term effect does this have on us signing Bryn Forbes now that DDR has opted in?

mo7888
11-16-2020, 02:26 PM
What long term effect does this have on us signing Bryn Forbes now that DDR has opted in?

Well obviously we have to trade him without taking contracts back so we can give Bryn is Max...

DPG21920
11-16-2020, 02:34 PM
Yeah you can't question someone's credibility for being wrong about something shit happens. However when it comes to DeRozan I'm skeptical because most Spurs fans have weird agendas when it comes to him and result to fabricating things. Like I hear things from NBA people that I know and even they had to question why would San Antonio and Cleveland have talks about DeMar? last year like some Spurs fans mentioned.

True - but the point is (I never heard anything specific about WHERE DDR might go except LA because he wanted to go home - which there turned out to be truth there with the very real Laker rumors) that whether or not small details are right/wrong does the information match the overarching picture?

So when it comes to specific teams, options or mechanics it’s tough but the end goal? DDR being moved seemed and still does seem likely. But DDR is someone that draws a lot of “wish it would” vs “knowing it will” as you said.

But a lot of the team stuff is just people putting two and two together best they can..

Like, I never heard from a source on LMA to GS, I just saw the environment and read the tea leaves:

https://twitter.com/dpg21920/status/1296613547284271107?s=21

This was months before any talks of it and even then I was sort of mocked (understandably). But a lot of what you mentioned isn’t sourced but people taking what they have heard (DDR not getting an extension + being shopped) and trying to piece details together.

DPG21920
11-16-2020, 02:36 PM

Dont think there is any relation. SA likely knows if they want Bryn and if how much they are willing to pay. I would say Beli/Mills movement would be more of an indicator vs LMA/DDR/Rudy being moved.

SpursDynasty85
11-16-2020, 02:36 PM

More than likely Lyle in for Walker to start. Finishing line up might be the Walker but I like Lyles too. Hope he gets better and keeps us in better rebounding and defensive position.

rankingtear
11-16-2020, 02:38 PM

Wasn't Demar to CLE a salary dump for that JR Smith partial guaranteed to sign Bojan Bogdanovic. Windhorst was reporting the Bojan interest when we didn't have capspace to sign him.

KobesAchilles
11-16-2020, 02:39 PM
Well obviously we have to trade him without taking contracts back so we can give Bryn is Max...
How mad would you be if we give him a 3 year $21 million deal? Like I love our team, but man I've never been this nervous about our franchise going forward. We NEED to get rid of scrubs, but will Pop want to road out with an entirely new team? I think not.

mo7888
11-16-2020, 02:40 PM
How mad would you be if we give him a 3 year $21 million deal? Like I love our team, but man I've never been this nervous about our franchise going forward. We NEED to get rid of scrubs, but will Pop want to road out with an entirely new team? I think not.

I would feel demoralized as a fan if we gave him a contract like that....absolutely demoralized...

DPG21920
11-16-2020, 02:44 PM

All I can say is that while I see what you are saying and based on Spurs MO its logical, I find it hard to believe based on what I’ve heard that it’s going to play out like that.

But there is definitely more of a path to that now. I’m fine with that direction as long as they arent giving up the youth or picks to add to a crappy LMA/DDR core. But I think it’s going other direction honestly.

K...
11-16-2020, 02:52 PM
Brynn is going to live rent free in so many heads for a long time. He'll be the last to be signed if he's coming back. Only patty mills gets the midnight signing deal.

rankingtear
11-16-2020, 03:02 PM
7.5 million under tax now. Won't be enough to resign Poeltl without going into luxury tax.

KobesAchilles
11-16-2020, 03:18 PM
I mean the time to get rid of all our vets is now. None of them are staying past this year anyways so you might as well get something for them. But I am very nervous about this being in the hands of a rookie GM. I'm already seeing other teams make deals and yet nothing from our end. It's very worrying.

Mugen
11-16-2020, 03:21 PM
I mean the time to get rid of all our vets is now. None of them are staying past this year anyways so you might as well get something for them. But I am very nervous about this being in the hands of a rookie GM. I'm already seeing other teams make deals and yet nothing from our end. It's very worrying.

It isn't in Wright's hands. I'm sure he'll have a say but the prevailing voice will be the old man and how willing he is to set this team up for a good future or sabotage all that because of his selfishness. We'll see tbh.

The Truth #6
11-16-2020, 03:21 PM
Spurs are a lottery team regardless. They should be trying hard to tank this year. To that end, keeping demar around for another year might be the best outcome. No one can sabotage the Spurs' chances of winning like demar can.

Especially in a contract year!

Mugen
11-16-2020, 03:24 PM
The disgusting thing is that there will be a lot of losers on the board that won't have any problem with the Spurs running that garbage squad back and not getting any value in return when the vets just leave anyways, whether it's at the end of next season or via buyouts mid-season.

I guess it's a small market fanbase mindset but I just can't fathom how fans actually embrace NBA purgatory :lol

Chinook
11-16-2020, 04:12 PM
7.5 million under tax now. Won't be enough to resign Poeltl without going into luxury tax.

They have enough room for Poeltl. They're not even that close to the tax line.

exstatic
11-16-2020, 04:25 PM

Once the league shut down for COVID and the finances went to shit, there was zero chance he was leaving $27M on the table.

baseline bum
11-16-2020, 04:28 PM
Still opting in before the draft makes me think something is up. I’m fine bringing him back. He was good in the bubble. Good mentor and teammate.

Meh the bubble was a preseason to the top 7 seeds in each conference.

pad300
11-16-2020, 04:40 PM
Once the league shut down for COVID and the finances went to shit, there was zero chance he was leaving $27M on the table.

That's pretty much what I figured as well. Heck even before COVID, I didn't think he'd opt out; I didn't think he was seeing $27M for a year in FA...

gambit1990
11-16-2020, 04:52 PM
this is good news... just gotta find a home for him now...

tbdog
11-16-2020, 05:04 PM
He is my favourite Spur at the moment. Glad I get to cheer for him for another season.

itzsoweezee
11-16-2020, 05:05 PM
Especially in a contract year!

Holy shit, I didn't even consider that. Keep DeMar at all costs. Number 1 pick, here we come

Dex
11-16-2020, 05:29 PM
Still not expecting much, but this is the first domino that had to fall to make anything else possible.

If he had opted out, the Spurs get nothing. If he waited until Thursday to opt-in, the draft market would be off the table.

Hopefully the Spurs are working the phones tonight.

Mugen
11-16-2020, 05:32 PM
Still not expecting much, but this is the first domino that had to fall to make anything else possibly. If he had opted out, the Spurs get nothing. If he waited until Thursday, the draft market would be off the tables.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/36/10/11/7897703/9/375x250.jpg

BackHome
11-16-2020, 05:35 PM
Still not expecting much, but this is the first domino that had to fall to make anything else possible.

If he had opted out, the Spurs get nothing. If he waited until Thursday to opt-in, the draft market would be off the table.

Agree hopefully we can work on some trades and get some draft picks for Derozz, LMA, Mills......:hungry:

rankingtear
11-16-2020, 05:41 PM
They have enough room for Poeltl. They're not even that close to the tax line.

They are at 125 million without poeltl. Murray extension + 4 mil from 11th pick.

ElNono
11-16-2020, 06:21 PM
Yes! I get one more season run out of this DeRozan jersey!

The Truth #6
11-16-2020, 06:23 PM
Obviously, all the trade talk is a ruse to lower his value so we can look him up for a team friendly contract. Only $21 million per year for four more years!

Joking?

Chinook
11-16-2020, 07:00 PM
They are at 125 million without poeltl. Murray extension + 4 mil from 11th pick.

That's including Metu and Lyles. They have room with Poeltl, who isn't going to get the contract you're concerned he's going to get.

Dex
11-16-2020, 07:25 PM
That's including Metu and Lyles. They have room with Poeltl, who isn't going to get the contract you're concerned he's going to get.

I've learned not to argue with Chinook about capology.

Chinook
11-16-2020, 07:40 PM
I've learned not to argue with Chinook (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557) about capology.

I mean, he's not wrong that it's going to take some finagling to make it work. He's a little wrong in that even with Lyles and Chim on the roster, the Spurs are only at $123 Million, but I've been saying for a while now that the Spurs won't have infinite flexibility with this stunted cap. I'm looking at Poeltl's first-year cap hit at around $7 Million. So adding him on and waiving Metu gives the Spurs just over $4 Million in cap space with 12 roster spots filled. That's doable if the team signs 41, Eubanks and another vet min. They could even sign a couple for guaranteed money and let them battle it out in camp.

But it's not enough to use the MLE or to take on Wiggins and 2 for LMA and 11. The Spurs don't need to worry about saving money on LMA or DMDR trades, but they also can't take on too much without compensating for it somewhere else.

Ice009
11-16-2020, 07:49 PM
I am assuming it's better for Demar to opt in and be traded this year, and then be a free agent next year if it comes to that (he doesn't get an extension?)? Would more teams have money to offer him next off-season? Also, when is the deadline for an extension?

Chinook
11-16-2020, 07:54 PM
I am assuming it's better for Demar to opt in and be traded this year, and then be a free agent next year if it comes to that (he doesn't get an extension?)? Would more teams have money to offer him next off-season? Also, when is the deadline for an extension?

Next off-season is one of those free-agent bubbles like 2010 was. So yes, a lot of teams will have the space to offer him money who may not be willing to do so this year since they want to see if they can lure Kawhi or PG or whomever else.

mo7888
11-16-2020, 07:58 PM
Next off-season is one of those free-agent bubbles like 2010 was. So yes, a lot of teams will have the space to offer him money who may not be willing to do so this year since they want to see if they can lure Kawhi or PG or whomever else.

That sounds like a recipe for teams to overpay FA's and screw up their futures... using our future cap space now to acquire assets makes even more sense long term.

GreekSpursfan
11-16-2020, 07:59 PM
It all depends on what they can get for him and judging by the Lakers offer i dont think they can get much and my gut feeling is that they won't trade him, he will re-sign. It is what it is.

rankingtear
11-16-2020, 08:14 PM
I mean, he's not wrong that it's going to take some finagling to make it work. He's a little wrong in that even with Lyles and Chim on the roster, the Spurs are only at $123 Million, but I've been saying for a while now that the Spurs won't have infinite flexibility with this stunted cap. I'm looking at Poeltl's first-year cap hit at around $7 Million. So adding him on and waiving Metu gives the Spurs just over $4 Million in cap space with 12 roster spots filled. That's doable if the team signs 41, Eubanks and another vet min. They could even sign a couple for guaranteed money and let them battle it out in camp.

But it's not enough to use the MLE or to take on Wiggins and 2 for LMA and 11. The Spurs don't need to worry about saving money on LMA or DMDR trades, but they also can't take on too much without compensating for it somewhere else.

Yeah they can maybe squeeze 8.2 mil , with signing 2 0 year minimum contracts to get the roster to 14. Only rostering league minimum 13 would probably get the team backlash from the NBPA. If we wave Metu and replace him with a 0 year minimum contract then it would take it to 8.9 mil.

The GS trade is the same , trade takes us to the edge of the tax. We have to renounce Jakob and sign 0 year minimum guys.

cd021
11-16-2020, 08:15 PM

Yeah they can maybe squeeze 8.2 mil , with signing 2 0 year minimum contracts to get the roster to 14. Only rostering league minimum 13 would probably get the team backlash from the NBPA. If we wave Metu and replace him with a 0 year minimum contract then it would take it to 8.9 mil.

By my math, it's 125.8 million minus Metu and Zeller, but including Lyles, the $4 million salary for the 11th pick and the Poeltl's $5 million qualifying offer.
It seems like they should be fine, baring a trade that would clear out additional salary.

MoSpur02
11-16-2020, 08:37 PM
According to DeRozan he is excited to be back in San Antonio and building on the high level of play they had in Orlando.

ace3g
11-16-2020, 08:38 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1328511427779424259

BatManu20
11-16-2020, 08:39 PM
Translation: “Nobody else was going to offer me anywhere this kind of money.”

rankingtear
11-16-2020, 08:43 PM
By my math, it's 125.8 million minus Metu and Zeller, but including Lyles, the $4 million salary for the 11th pick and the Poeltl's $5 million qualifying offer.
It seems like they should be fine, baring a trade that would clear out additional salary.

Demar Derozan
$27,739,975

Lamarcus Aldridge
$24,000,000

Rudy Gay
$14,500,000

Patty Mills
$13,285,714

Dejounte Murray
$14,286,000

Jakob Poetl
$0

Demarre Carrol (Waived)
$6,119,676

TREY LYLES
$5,500,000

11th Pick
$4,033,440

Derrick White
$3,516,284

Lonnie Walker
$2,892,000

Keldon JOhnson
$2,048,040

Luka Samanic
$2,824,320

41th pick
$898,310

midlevel
$0

Drew EUBANKS
$1,635,652

minimums
$0

Chimezie Metu
$1,663,861

Total
$124,943,272

I got 125 , 14 man roster 2 vet min 1 second rounder. w/o poeltl cap hold.

Dejounte
11-16-2020, 08:43 PM
This fool ain't going anywhere. Y'all had your hopes way too high. Aldridge is the one we have to hope is gone.

NASpurs
11-16-2020, 08:44 PM
:lmao

Dejounte
11-16-2020, 08:44 PM
The Spurs wouldn't let that get posted if he was being traded. That's bad PR. They either would've waited until after the draft, or announced it plainly "DeMar DeRozan has opted in.".

TimDunkem
11-16-2020, 08:46 PM
He is the perfect tank commander, tbh.

Degoat
11-16-2020, 08:46 PM
Welp hope to God we trade Aldridge lol

Dejounte
11-16-2020, 08:48 PM
At this rate, I'd be fine with trading LaMarcus for a mid-to-late first. That's what we all thought was going to happen anyway before all the cock teases from these supposed rumors. Trade LaMarcus for the Blazers' 16th and filler and be done with it.

Degoat
11-16-2020, 08:51 PM
Man if we bring back the same team only with the addition of the 11th pick, sheeeesh lol

Robz4000
11-16-2020, 08:53 PM
:lmao

Dejounte
11-16-2020, 08:54 PM
Man if we bring back the same team only with the addition of the 11th pick, sheeeesh lol

Honestly, it's not TERRIBLE. We're just a bunch of babies who want change. If we get a good or great player (think Kawhi level) with the 11th, then we could be great for years to come.

cjw
11-16-2020, 08:55 PM

They’re $13.9mm below the tax right now. That doesn’t account for #11, but would still be $10mm+ below the tax.

They won’t be taxpayers, so would find a way to move out salary if wanting to retain Poeltl. But also a chance he can be kept for high seven figures and not eight figures.

KobesAchilles
11-16-2020, 08:58 PM
It isn't in Wright's hands. I'm sure he'll have a say but the prevailing voice will be the old man and how willing he is to set this team up for a good future or sabotage all that because of his selfishness. We'll see tbh.
That’s why I’m so nervous! At least RC had the balls to trade Pops favorite player.

EasyMoney
11-16-2020, 09:01 PM
Honestly, bringing back the same team minus Marco and bryn isn't a bad thing. Never was. Team just needs perimeter defenders. Just don't bring in any long term contracts unless it helps bring in an extra lottery pick.

NASpurs
11-16-2020, 09:04 PM

At least we got those sick ass jerseys.

GAustex
11-16-2020, 09:06 PM
Poop being paying that broke down tin man who can’t shoot and can’t jump and can barely run (Carroll) more than half the roster.

Crazymaddopeyo
11-16-2020, 09:09 PM
He’s still the best player on the team but damn I wish we would trade him.

Leetonidas
11-16-2020, 09:09 PM
I would be pretty irritated if they ran it back. I could only stomach it if they got rid of Forbes and Marco and play KJ/Lonnie/White 30mpg I guess

gambit1990
11-16-2020, 09:11 PM
he cannot be staying...

TimDunkem
11-16-2020, 09:12 PM
I would be pretty irritated if they ran it back. I could only stomach it if they got rid of Forbes and Marco and play KJ/Lonnie/White 30mpg I guess

Forbes is staying, getting big minutes, and we all know it. :(

r0drig0lac
11-16-2020, 09:13 PM
Translation: “Nobody else was going to offer me anywhere this kind of money.”

lmao

rankingtear
11-16-2020, 09:15 PM
That's disappointing , after all the agent leaks of him being unhappy in SA.

JuneJive
11-16-2020, 09:17 PM
Well, fuck.

lefty
11-16-2020, 09:18 PM
Se queda

tbdog
11-16-2020, 09:26 PM
Gee, lots of people dirty that our best player last year wants to stay?

JuneJive
11-16-2020, 09:46 PM

When you tolerate mediocrity, you get more of it.

mo7888
11-16-2020, 09:49 PM
For the record, I don't think the tweet by the Spurs about DDR being happy to be back means anything at all. He'll be traded or not based on the offers for him and no sentimentality.

GB20
11-16-2020, 09:50 PM
I think keldon Johnson and DeMar could do a lot of damage to other teams if they both are in the starting lineup.

baseline bum
11-16-2020, 09:51 PM

I'd rather have nothing than another season of DePression.

Dejounte
11-16-2020, 09:55 PM
For the record, I don't think the tweet by the Spurs about DDR being happy to be back means anything at all. He'll be traded or not based on the offers for him and no sentimentality.

Yeahhhhh the Spurs don't work that way. They're way too classy

NASpurs
11-16-2020, 09:57 PM
The people hanging on to false hope can still try to decipher that Rubio tweet that Aldridge liked.

Chillen
11-16-2020, 09:59 PM
DeMar is staying I still hope the trade with Warriors happens and Spurs get Wiggins, #2 pick. Spurs will roll with DeMar, Wiggins, Murray and Jakob.

Warriors have to make some kind of trade now with Lakers getting stronger and Nets maybe getting Harden.

mo7888
11-16-2020, 09:59 PM
Yeahhhhh the Spurs don't work that way. They're way too classy

You're going to be surprised then.... and it won't be a lack of class....they aren't trading a ddr who desperately wants to be here...he opted in knowing he was likely to be traded and he'll be 'all in' on the trade because the acquiring team will be more likely to resign him next year than we will be.... he's in on this...

Chinook
11-16-2020, 10:02 PM
Demar Derozan
$27,739,975

Lamarcus Aldridge
$24,000,000

Rudy Gay
$14,500,000

Patty Mills
$13,285,714

Dejounte Murray
$14,286,000

Jakob Poetl
$0

Demarre Carrol (Waived)
$6,119,676

TREY LYLES
$5,500,000

11th Pick
$4,033,440

Derrick White
$3,516,284

Lonnie Walker
$2,892,000

Keldon JOhnson
$2,048,040

Luka Samanic
$2,824,320

41th pick
$898,310

midlevel
$0

Drew EUBANKS
$1,635,652

minimums
$0

Chimezie Metu
$1,663,861

Total
$124,943,272

I got 125 , 14 man roster 2 vet min 1 second rounder. w/o poeltl cap hold.

I do think I've been wrong about a couple of things though. One is that I hadn't been using this past year's minimum, which is almost $100k cheaper. I also hadn't been discounting any money from Carroll's salary for this upcoming season. I'd assumed the buyout savings had all gone against last year's cap, and that might not be true. According to the CBA FAQ, Eubanks counts as a one-year vet, despite being a two-way player for two seasons. I wouldn't pencil in his salary anyway, because I'd assume the team would rather let him walk than go into the tax behind his contract. They might still let him go, since they can sign any min big for the slot you've allocated to him.

So combining the adjustments you made that I didn't think of and the couple I saw, not initially signing Eubanks or the second-rounder and waiving Metu, I have the Spurs as being more than $11 Million under the tax. As said Poeltl takes up about $7 Million. That should should at nearly $5 Million to fill up the final three spots. If that ends up being Eubanks and 41 on a minimum deal, the Spurs would be left with about $2.5 Million for the final spot. That's enough for a vested vet min deal or even a latish second first-round pick (pick 17 and later). Of course, SA should leave enough space to sign at least another min salary in case of injuries, so they would only have enough to fit in a really late pick (28-30).

If Carroll signs a guaranteed deal this off-season, the Spurs should be able to set off some of his money too. He's probably getting a min deal if any, so the amount the team would save would only be like a half-million, but still.

Prime BEEF
11-16-2020, 10:06 PM
The Spurs wouldn't let that get posted if he was being traded. That's bad PR. They either would've waited until after the draft, or announced it plainly "DeMar DeRozan has opted in.".
F*ck

TheCerebral1
11-17-2020, 01:36 AM
What a loser. I cannot wait to get his worthless shell of a basketball acumen out of San Antonio. I honestly don't care what the return is. This player, is the most OVERRATED trash we've ever rostered who is considered a "face of the franchise" type. No he's not an option 1, or an option 2, he's an option to be benched. Scrub ass trash.

slick'81
11-17-2020, 02:33 AM
This mother fucker still a spur:madrun

RC_Drunkford
11-17-2020, 07:27 AM
Now resign Forbes Pop!

KobesAchilles
11-17-2020, 07:49 AM
We are bringing back the same team. PATFO have failed us

r0drig0lac
11-17-2020, 08:08 AM
Now resign Forbes Pop!

60/4 baby

Prime BEEF
11-17-2020, 08:59 AM
I’m starting to think the same thing. Only thing left to do is a trash euro pick in the draft

cjw
11-17-2020, 09:04 AM
60/4 baby

We should really have a thread on what Forbes gets resigned for. I’m going with 2/$13. I hate it.

TimDunkem
11-17-2020, 09:21 AM
We should really have a thread on what Forbes gets resigned for. I’m going with 2/$13. I hate it.
Any deal, at any number, for any number of years would be too much. Easily top 10 worst player in the NBA and that's being extremely generous.

No wonder Bum Ferbs blocked me when I commented on an old Twitter post telling him he's the reason why the playoff streak was over. The shoe must fit and the truth must hurt. :lol

exstatic
11-17-2020, 09:34 AM

Jeezus, at least wait for late Wednesday for the despair posting.

The last time there was this much Spurs buzz was 2015, when we were chasing LMA. That happened.

Dejounte
11-17-2020, 10:20 AM
CHsiC5wjFQ1

DeMar aint going anywhere

I believe something will happen but it all will happen during draft time when teams can see who is available at 11

Degoat
11-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Yeah Demar isn’t going any where lol Aldridge and Rudy Gay are probably on the table for trades.... don’t the spurs need to get rid of someone lose to avoid the luxury tax?

Prime BEEF
11-17-2020, 10:37 AM
CHsiC5wjFQ1

DeMar aint going anywhere

I believe something will happen but it all will happen during draft time when teams can see who is available at 11
Gross. Tired of seeing him in a Spurs uniform

$pursDynasty
11-17-2020, 11:46 AM
Best player? now that I can't agree with, he might be our third best.

Dex
11-17-2020, 12:01 PM
Looking more likely that LMA is trade target.

If that means the team can start running offense closer to what they were doing in the bubble, it wouldn't be the worst outcome.

Mugen
11-17-2020, 12:22 PM
Looking more likely that LMA is trade target.

If that means the team can start running offense closer to what they were doing in the bubble, it wouldn't be the worst outcome.

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious that LMA is much more likely to get traded.

I'm resigned to Derozan being back. But LMA fetching #2 is good enough for me, even if it means Wiggins is a Spur (They should try to flip him immediately though for expirings and draft capital).

phxspurfan
11-17-2020, 12:43 PM

:pop: not gonna happen

DPG21920
11-17-2020, 12:56 PM

I'm resigned to Derozan being back. But LMA fetching #2 is good enough for me, even if it means Wiggins is a Spur (They should try to flip him immediately though for expirings and draft capital).

Bruh if Wiggins could be flipped for expirings and draft capital #2 would not be attached to him lol

Mugen
11-17-2020, 01:01 PM
Bruh if Wiggins could be flipped for expirings and draft capital #2 would not be attached to him lol

I'm not talking future lottery picks tbh. I think you could definitely find a taker for him (maybe not immediately) but within a year without having to attach one of your picks.

look_at_g_shred
11-17-2020, 01:01 PM

We don't have presti anymore.

cjw
11-17-2020, 01:02 PM

This precisely. Aldridge on his own isn’t getting you #2 in the draft. He might be getting you a late lottery pick on his own (would you trade 11 for Aldridge if you were close to making the playoffs? Probably is about the right value).

Your best bet is letting him fill up empty stats and hopefully recover to be a neutral deal where you can move him next summer for an expiring. But that’s a reach given his career arc.

If he weren’t a #1 pick, he’d be making at least $10 million less.

phxspurfan
11-17-2020, 01:07 PM
no one wanted DeRozan. Not even the Lakers for Kuz :lol

pad300
11-17-2020, 01:57 PM

You realize that if you could get "Expirings and draft capital" for Wiggins, the Warriors wouldn't be trading #2 with him to get LMA... If we get that turd, it's ours until we pay to get rid of it.

The Truth #6
11-17-2020, 02:15 PM
If the Spurs pull off any trade, even for Patty or Gay, I will be amazed.

mo7888
11-17-2020, 02:44 PM
If you want to move Wiggins for cap space then next summer is the best time for that. There are tons of teams with cap space and someone will strike out or balk at overpaying FA's. There will be an opportunity to move him then and his contract might even look reasonable or dare I say attractive compared to the bloated numbers FA will likely produce.

tbdog
11-17-2020, 08:15 PM
Best player? now that I can't agree with, he might be our third best.

You could argue that LMA is the better player. But unsure if he had a better season that DD last year.

XDT76
11-18-2020, 07:29 AM
You could argue that LMA is the better player. But unsure if he had a better season that DD last year.

If DDR would take 2-3 3pts per game at 30+% he would easily attract a trade partner. Who in the NBA wants a player that cannot shoots 3pts now?

Ignazzz
11-18-2020, 07:35 AM
If DDR would take 2-3 3pts per game at 30+% he would easily attract a trade partner. Who in the NBA wants a player that cannot shoots 3pts now?
Team with 4 Great shooters?