PDA

View Full Version : Sooo....should Texas shut down?

CosmicCowboy
11-16-2020, 06:30 PM
Getting pretty bad.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2020, 06:39 PM
Moot question. As long as there are refrigerated trailers we can make morgues, we'll stay open. Viceroy Balous said so.

ElNono
11-16-2020, 06:39 PM
Not enough people died needlessly yet, tbh

Trill Clinton
11-16-2020, 06:40 PM
Yes and it won't happen until president Biden is officially in office

TimDunkem
11-16-2020, 06:43 PM
Nope. Shutdowns would force the Senate to pass a stimulus and that ain't going to happen.

florige
11-16-2020, 06:43 PM

Yeah especially since Trump has seemed he has forgotten he is still President until January.

Will Hunting
11-16-2020, 06:44 PM
I don't think we can afford a full shutdown without more stimulus. It's a choice between more people dying or an unprecedented homelessness crisis with millions of people evicted and a lot of them dying for other reasons. Honestly not sure which one is the better shit sandwich.

DMC
11-16-2020, 07:01 PM

Biden has no say in whether or not Texas shuts down.

CosmicCowboy
11-16-2020, 07:13 PM
I miss it when all the shitty drivers stayed home.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2020, 07:15 PM
Looks like Austin hospitalizations are starting det rocket ride again only the starting point is twice as much as it was in June.

We'll probably go to Stage 4 again, which will mean practically nothing this time around.

SnakeBoy
11-16-2020, 07:24 PM
Only the cities should lockdown and only if it's a China style lockdown enforced by National Guard authorized to use deadly force. No travel in/out of the cities, only one person per household allowed to leave their house once per day for groceries/medical supplies. Also no travel in/out of the state.

DMC
11-16-2020, 07:29 PM
Only the cities should lockdown and only if it's a China style lockdown enforced by National Guard authorized to use deadly force. No travel in/out of the cities, only one person per household allowed to leave their house once per day for groceries/medical supplies. Also no travel in/out of the state.

Works for me if the LEOs would enforce anything, anything at all. Hell, even the airport security doesn't enforce masks or any other distancing/safety.

SnakeBoy
11-16-2020, 07:30 PM
Alternatively we could follow Europe's lead and just stop serving alcohol after 10pm and hope that works

ChumpDumper
11-16-2020, 07:30 PM
SnakeBoy caught a big one there.

tholdren
11-16-2020, 07:32 PM
Looks like Austin hospitalizations are starting det rocket ride again only the starting point is twice as much as it was in June.

We'll probably go to Stage 4 again, which will mean practically nothing this time around.

Beahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

DMC
11-16-2020, 07:32 PM
Alternatively we could follow Europe's lead and just stop serving alcohol after 10pm and hope that works

I think a couple head shots to offenders would go a long ways toward quelling the cabin fever.

ChumpDumper
11-16-2020, 07:33 PM
Beahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha:lol you are low information and your anger burns with the heat of a thousand suns.

You're wrong about everything.

And scared.

tholdren
11-16-2020, 07:34 PM
Nope. Shutdowns would force the Senate to pass a stimulus and that ain't going to happen.

Lllooookoooll you cried when you thought you had it

tholdren
11-16-2020, 07:35 PM
:lol you are low information and your anger burns with the heat of a thousand suns.

You're wrong about everything.

And scared.

Lolololooll

How's the flu in texas.....bwahahahahahahahha

RD2191
11-16-2020, 07:42 PM
yes

DMC
11-16-2020, 07:48 PM
Lllooookoooll you cried when you thought you had it

Like a baby

tholdren
11-16-2020, 07:53 PM
Like a baby

Wonder how he thought he got it since he's always in a mask and hiding? Sounds like its a virus and masks dont work

DMC
11-16-2020, 08:16 PM
Wonder how he thought he got it since he's always in a mask and hiding? Sounds like its a virus and masks dont work

Maybe that time he took his mask off to blow that guy.

Winehole23
11-16-2020, 08:17 PM
I don't think we can afford a full shutdown without more stimulus. It's a choice between more people dying or an unprecedented homelessness crisis with millions of people evicted and a lot of them dying for other reasons. Honestly not sure which one is the better shit sandwich.We spend the money to keep bodies, personal estates and businesses whole and hope for the best.

It's more expensive not to do it. Fiscal stimulus gooses the economy and retards social disintegration.

Winehole23
11-16-2020, 08:18 PM
Alternatively we could follow Europe's lead and just stop serving alcohol after 10pm and hope that worksOh yeah, that's working great

:sick

TimDunkem
11-16-2020, 08:18 PM
Maybe that time he took his mask off to blow that guy.

What the fuck is this? :lol Still mad about the truck thing?

tholdren
11-16-2020, 08:30 PM

He has admitted.

TimDunkem
11-16-2020, 08:31 PM
He has admitted.

DMC? Not sure what you're trying to say. Either way, keep me out of your homoerotic gossip.

tholdren
11-16-2020, 08:34 PM
DMC? Not sure what you're trying to say. Either way, keep me out of your homoerotic gossip.

The only gossip was you crying about having covid. Which didn't mean anything because it's the cold.

TimDunkem
11-16-2020, 08:35 PM
The only gossip was you crying about having covid. Which didn't mean anything because it's the cold.

But what's with the homo shit? :lol

Millennial_Messiah
11-16-2020, 08:57 PM
I don't think we can afford a full shutdown without more stimulus. It's a choice between more people dying or an unprecedented homelessness crisis with millions of people evicted and a lot of them dying for other reasons. Honestly not sure which one is the better shit sandwich.
I say we shutdown and have NO stimulus. If business suffers, oh well, brick and mortar business is a relic of the past anyway.

tholdren
11-16-2020, 09:01 PM
But what's with the homo shit? :lol

That's quite offensive. Dumb and homophobic. Sad for you

ElNono
11-16-2020, 09:01 PM
That's quite offensive. Dumb and homophobic. Sad for you

Gossip

tholdren
11-16-2020, 09:25 PM
Gossip

Pwnd all day every day. You respond at all hours

ElNono
11-16-2020, 09:31 PM
Pwnd all day every day. You respond at all hours

You fold at all hours. Pwnd all day every day.

tholdren
11-16-2020, 09:31 PM
You fold at all hours. Pwnd all day every day.

jaaahhahahahahaha you responded

ElNono
11-16-2020, 09:32 PM
jaaahhahahahahaha you responded

lol you folded

DMX7
11-16-2020, 10:14 PM
We're not shutting down. There's no point in even pretending that's going to happen.

baseline bum
11-16-2020, 10:25 PM
We're not shutting down. There's no point in even pretending that's going to happen.

Yeah, cripple ass governor will do whatever Trump said, which is the only reason we had the shutdown in April.

DMC
11-16-2020, 10:52 PM

You were in a truck at the time?

Spurminator
11-17-2020, 11:12 AM

Well I agree with the first part about cities. Paint Creek, Texas, probably shouldn't have the same requirements as Houston.

Small Government Republicans running the state should allow cities to take measures they deem necessary.

hater
11-17-2020, 11:18 AM

China beat the virus this way.

But this strategy only works at the start of a pandemic. Its out of control here now. Wed have to lock down regions for months to do anything and that would be impossible due to american incompetence and muh freedoms

I was calling for this strategy in March when it would have worked. Close down NY, NJ from rest of country and so on as hotspots show up. It would only have taken a few weeks.

Oh well no going back now we need to let this shit burn through now

KobesAchilles
11-17-2020, 11:42 AM
Would be nice to work from home and get another stimulus check. But I don't think we should shut down. Mainly bc we won't take it seriously and it didn't really work all that well the first time. I doubt very much people are going to be onboard this time

Spurminator
11-17-2020, 12:02 PM
Shut everything down, pause loan repayments, pause rent and mortgage payments, send a stimulus check to everyone and fund it with a 90% tax on all personal income earnings after $250K since March 16.

SnakeBoy
11-17-2020, 01:03 PM
China beat the virus this way.

But this strategy only works at the start of a pandemic. Its out of control here now. Wed have to lock down regions for months to do anything and that would be impossible due to american incompetence and muh freedoms

I was calling for this strategy in March when it would have worked. Close down NY, NJ from rest of country and so on as hotspots show up. It would only have taken a few weeks.

Oh well no going back now we need to let this shit burn through now

Like I've been saying, Trump really fucked up listening to our experts early on.

CosmicCowboy
11-17-2020, 02:37 PM
Shut everything down, pause loan repayments, pause rent and mortgage payments, send a stimulus check to everyone and fund it with a 90% tax on all personal income earnings after $250K since March 16.

:lmao

funny guy

RandomGuy
11-17-2020, 04:27 PM
Getting pretty bad.

https://covid-19.tacc.utexas.edu/texas-projections/

consensus estimates are for this to exceed the July spike in overall COVID hospitalizations.

Republican death cult seems to be aiming for "herd immunity" the way they aim for the sweet spot of the Laffer curve, i.e. blindly, evidence-less, and dogmatically.

Should we? Probably. Hopefully before it is too late.

Will we? Dunno. Hope so.

RandomGuy
11-17-2020, 04:47 PM
Like I've been saying, Trump really fucked up listening to our experts early on.

Trump really fucked up by golfing and creating an atmosphere of grift, incompetence, and indifference to evidence. Lazy.

tholdren
11-17-2020, 05:49 PM
https://covid-19.tacc.utexas.edu/texas-projections/

consensus estimates are for this to exceed the July spike in overall COVID hospitalizations.

Republican death cult seems to be aiming for "herd immunity" the way they aim for the sweet spot of the Laffer curve, i.e. blindly, evidence-less, and dogmatically.

Should we? Probably. Hopefully before it is too late.

Will we? Dunno. Hope so.

Lollookooolooookooookkookdhduhssusususuwuwusu

What a dumb post

Ef-man
11-17-2020, 06:02 PM
Do not worry, texas cannot be folded down like you.

Only foldren folds like foldren

Lollookooolooookooookkookdhduhssusususuwuwusu

What a dumb post

tholdren
11-17-2020, 06:45 PM
Trump really fucked up by golfing and creating an atmosphere of grift, incompetence, and indifference to evidence. Lazy.

Bwhahahahhahahahahahahahhahaha

This guy said Houston would collapse.

And he said schools would kill hundreds of kids and teachers if opened.

Dumb

ElNono
11-17-2020, 07:33 PM
^ more meltdowns