PDA

View Full Version : Bulls/Spurs trade idea

smush
11-18-2020, 02:47 AM
Murray, Metu, and #11 for Thaddeus young and #4.

Bulls need a PG and Thaddeus has a partial guarantee for next year. We can waive him.

DavidTheGoliath
11-18-2020, 02:55 AM
Im okay with this

Dejounte
11-18-2020, 03:22 AM
You working on your premonition powers again?

R. DeMurre
11-18-2020, 03:48 AM
I think the Bulls consider 20 year old Coby White their PG of the future, and I don't even know if Murray is better than Tomas Satoransky, their back up.

cjw
11-18-2020, 07:18 AM
Chicago probably says no.

And that shows you how Murray’s value has fallen by not improving much last year and no longer being on a cheap rookie contract. The fact that he’s mentioned in the same breath as Gay and Mills in terms of trades tells you a lot.

White, despite being older, is far more valuable both to the Spurs and other teams

smush
11-18-2020, 07:25 AM
I think Murray has to go especially since Demar is staying. The biggest play of the bubble is when he blew that defensive assignment and cost us the game in Philadelphia. He also waved demar off as well. White needs to be starting with Lonnie or keldon for our future backcourt.

R. DeMurre
11-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Yeah, you can always tell a sportswriter is a casual observer of the Spurs when Murray is referenced as the main young guy on the team. I think most people who watch the Spurs closely have him at either #3 or #4, but definitely behind White and Keldon at this point.

look_at_g_shred
11-18-2020, 01:15 PM
LOL

John B
11-18-2020, 01:21 PM
I think Murray has to go especially since Demar is staying. The biggest play of the bubble is when he blew that defensive assignment and cost us the game in Philadelphia. He also waved demar off as well. White needs to be starting with Lonnie or keldon for our future backcourt.

Keldon is not a guard. He looks more like 6'8 right now and still getting bigger. He's SF who can occasionally play #4 in small ball I think.

cd98
11-18-2020, 02:04 PM
So essentially Murray for the 4th round pick. No way Bulls do that. Billy King is not their GM.

Prime BEEF
11-18-2020, 02:09 PM
Yeah, you can always tell a sportswriter is a casual observer of the Spurs when Murray is referenced as the main young guy on the team. I think most people who watch the Spurs closely have him at either #3 or #4, but definitely behind White and Keldon at this point.
Agreed

poopbox
11-18-2020, 02:10 PM
Spurs aren't trading Murray and the Bulls aren't giving up number 4...

Bulls don't even know who Metu is :lol

poopbox
11-18-2020, 02:12 PM

Which is weird because he, you know, is the only one with any type of all nba selection between the 3 of them...

Although White probably gets all nba defense second team two years ago if he doesn't miss the beginning of the season with his foot injury...his defenisve metrics were top 5 amongst guards that year...

Dex
11-18-2020, 02:16 PM
Metu is not an asset. Anyone who still holds out hope for this guy is delusional.

DPG21920
11-18-2020, 02:17 PM
That is basically a salary dump of Murray. So no, I would not do that. His value can only go up IMO, not get worse and he’s worth keeping around vs moving up 7 spots IMO unless SA is absolutely sure they have a star there.

pad300
11-18-2020, 02:36 PM
If this were to go anywhere, I'd actually be interested in seeing if they would give us Satoransky in place of Thad Young; I've seen suggestions that they don't think that contract was such a good idea... I'm not sure you can make the salary #'s work with Sato and leaving Metu out of it.

buttsR4rebounding
11-18-2020, 03:26 PM
If this were to go anywhere, I'd actually be interested in seeing if they would give us Satoransky in place of Thad Young; I've seen suggestions that they don't think that contract was such a good idea... I'm not sure you can make the salary #'s work with Sato and leaving Metu out of it.

I have always like his game. The contract was a bit over-the-top I think, but he would fit in well with the positionless approach.

R. DeMurre
11-18-2020, 03:27 PM
That is basically a salary dump of Murray. So no, I would not do that. His value can only go up IMO, not get worse and he’s worth keeping around vs moving up 7 spots IMO unless SA is absolutely sure they have a star there.

I agree. Last year was his first post knee surgery season, so I think this year will be the important one in terms of seeing where's he's truly at.

buttsR4rebounding
11-18-2020, 03:48 PM
I don't see how anyone can say DJ showed no improvement. FG% went from 44% to 46%; 3 pt % went from 26% to 37% on quadruple the attempts; FT% went from 71% to 80% although his trip to the FT line were slightly down. This was the first year back after his injury. His defense was down some, but I doubt most in the league follow him close enough to notice. If he is moved to 2 and doubles his 3 point attempts I think he can be a great asset. He just cannot be a primary ball handler.

Kurgan
11-18-2020, 03:51 PM
I don't see how anyone can say DJ showed no improvement. FG% went from 44% to 46%; 3 pt % went from 26% to 37% on quadruple the attempts; FT% went from 71% to 80% although his trip to the FT line were slightly down. This was the first year back after his injury. His defense was down some, but I doubt most in the league follow him close enough to notice. If he is moved to 2 and doubles his 3 point attempts I think he can be a great asset. He just cannot be a primary ball handler.

I think the problem is that the improvement wasn't enough to justify the contract he received.

DPG21920
11-18-2020, 03:52 PM
I think the problem is that the improvement wasn't enough to justify the contract he received.

First season off an injury with Pop coaching like a dum dum

RC_Drunkford
11-18-2020, 04:00 PM

that would have to be re-evaluated this year. If DJ improves further, his salary might match his production. That’s why it makes sense to hold on to him and maybe trade him later

BackHome
11-18-2020, 06:28 PM
Yeah let the young kids grow this season after the season will have a much better understanding of who needs to stay and who needs to go.