PDA

View Full Version : 20/21 depth chart

Dhbsr555
11-19-2020, 07:05 AM
With the draft now over and free agency around the corner what is you guys projected depth chart

i have:
murray/mills/tre
white/walker
dd/keldon/Vassell
lyles/gay/Luka
aldridge/poodle/Eubanks
I would love to see another four guard starting lineup but I just don’t think pop will do it

mookie2001
11-19-2020, 07:07 AM
NBA Playoffs here we come

tbdog
11-19-2020, 07:23 AM
Offseason not over yet.

smush
11-19-2020, 07:27 AM
With the draft now over and free agency around the corner what is you guys projected depth chart

i have:
murray/mills/tre
white/walker
dd/keldon/Vassell
lyles/gay/Luka
aldridge/poodle/Eubanks
I would love to see another four guard starting lineup but I just don’t think pop will do it

After watching video I wonder if vassell could start at small ball 4. He is more of a small forward than guard. Vassell should not be in Austin. If Trey or Lonnie don’t perform early Vassell could take their minutes.

Dhbsr555
11-19-2020, 07:29 AM
I’m just not sure if throwing lyles out there is smart but that’s what I believe pop will do

Prime BEEF
11-19-2020, 08:22 AM
Offseason not over yet.
Hopefully not. Otherwise this draft makes no sense

FutureMan
11-19-2020, 09:47 AM
I was thinking more so

Murray. Mills. Jones
White. Vassell. Weatherspoon
Walker. Johnson
DeRozan. Gay. Samanic
Aldridge. Poeltl. Lyles

Dejounte
11-19-2020, 10:01 AM
People leaving out Q are going to learn their mistake. Q got more playing time than Luka and that's with us being short on bigs in the bubble. Q plays great defense and runs plays effectively. He's better than y'all think.

spurraider21
11-19-2020, 10:23 AM
:lol pretending forbes wont play

RC_Drunkford
11-19-2020, 12:41 PM
Need to flip 2 bench guys like Rudy and Mills for a starting PF

bluebellmaniac
11-19-2020, 12:46 PM
After watching video I wonder if vassell could start at small ball 4. He is more of a small forward than guard. Vassell should not be in Austin. If Trey or Lonnie don’t perform early Vassell could take their minutes.

Nah. That's setting him up for failure. The system is complicated. He has to know where to be and when. He's going to screw everything up if he doesn't know those things. We have a great system. It takes time to learn it. He needs development time to get there. Hope there is a G-League, but if not, that will hurt how soon he can play.

Excessive Egotist
11-19-2020, 01:10 PM

i have:
murray/mills/tre
white/walker
dd/keldon/Vassell
lyles/gay/Luka
aldridge/poodle/Eubanks

I expect Gay and Mills will find new homes before opening night and Weatherspoon makes the roster.

FutureMan
11-19-2020, 01:56 PM
I expect Gay and Mills will find new homes before opening night and Weatherspoon makes the roster.

I was thinking the same. Maybe something like this:

BOS: Adams & Gay
OKC: Mills, Kanter, Pritchard, & 2024 SAS 2nd
SAS: Hayward

Murray. White. Jones
Walker. Vassell. Weatherspoon
DeRozan. Johnson.
Hayward. Lyles. Samanic
Aldridge. Poeltl.

OKC can even flip Mills for another 2nd from the Warriors.

Atl Spur
11-19-2020, 02:01 PM
We are better positioned than you guys think; options are abound.. Patience.......

Excessive Egotist
11-19-2020, 02:04 PM

Murray. White. Jones
DeRozan. Johnson.
Hayward. Lyles. Samanic
Aldridge. Poeltl.

I'd be surprised if any All Star wants to be traded to San Antonio right now. Hayward is on a one year. I think Atlanta, New York, and Golden State are the most likely options for Hayward.

Your idea of Adams and Gay to Boston is smart.

Prime BEEF
11-19-2020, 02:12 PM
Need to flip 2 bench guys like Rudy and Mills for a starting PF
Yes please

itzsoweezee
11-19-2020, 02:18 PM
Love to see DeRozan consuming minutes of quality young guys so that the spurs cruise to a 10th place finish

Prime BEEF
11-19-2020, 02:26 PM
Wonder if going after Julius Randle is possible now that they have Toppin. Or maybe S. Adams now that they have Horford

r0drig0lac
11-19-2020, 02:36 PM

Murray. White. Jones
DeRozan. Johnson.
Hayward. Lyles. Samanic
Aldridge. Poeltl.

not bad imo

BWS-1994
11-19-2020, 04:01 PM
Wonder if going after Julius Randle is possible now that they have Toppin. Or maybe S. Adams now that they have Horford

NYK just released Portis, Payton, Gibson. I believe they have lots of room now.

spurs1990
11-19-2020, 04:11 PM
I've come to accept DeRozan playing this third year in San Antonio as long as it's his last one, and the front office doesn't threaten the fans with an extension.

If this guy Popovich is still here next year then no question the two old vets will have to be on the roster.
I'd still like to see Mills on the roster for his locker room presence and being the last link to 2014.

Assuming Forbes and Belinelli are out (we should be so lucky), I think the old man goes with:

PG - Murray
SG - Walker
SF - DeRozan
PF - Lyles
C - Aldridge

2nd team
PG - White
SG - Mills
SF - Johnson
PF - Gay
C - Poetle

3rd team
PG - Jones or Witherspoon (whoever makes roster)
SG - Vassell
SF - Samanic
PF - Metu
C - Eubanks

Definitely should be able to vie for the play-in slots (6th seed ceiling).

BackHome
11-19-2020, 06:13 PM
I don’t think Metu will be back but your pretty much spot on every where else.

Joseph Kony
11-19-2020, 06:26 PM
it's impossible to know at this point but let's assume the worst with no major roster changes, spurs basically run it back

without Beli/Forbes and if Pop plays a lineup that makes sense:

White/Murray/Weatherspoon/Jones
DeRozan/Walker/Mills
Johnson/Vassell
Lyles/Gay/Samanic
Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks

what sadly probably will happen because we all know Spurs are predictable:

Murray/White/Weatherspoon
Forbes/Mills/Vassell
DeRozan/Walker/Johnson
Lyles/Gay/Samanic
Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks

Dhbsr555
11-19-2020, 06:40 PM
it's impossible to know at this point but let's assume the worst with no major roster changes, spurs basically run it back

without Beli/Forbes and if Pop plays a lineup that makes sense:

White/Murray/Weatherspoon/Jones
DeRozan/Walker/Mills
Johnson/Vassell
Lyles/Gay/Samanic
Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks

what sadly probably will happen because we all know Spurs are predictable:

Murray/White/Weatherspoon
Forbes/Mills/Vassell
DeRozan/Walker/Johnson
Lyles/Gay/Samanic
Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks

this would be horrible putting keldon at the end of the bench and Lonnie getting 12 mpg at best

tbdog
11-19-2020, 07:03 PM

I think most of the Knicks players are available.

The Truth #6
11-19-2020, 07:19 PM
Curious what they do with Lyles. He isn’t amazing but if he continues to make 3s, then I think he is useful at a low price.

Dejounte
11-19-2020, 07:23 PM
Curious what they do with Lyles. He isn’t amazing but if he continues to make 3s, then I think he is useful at a low price.

I believe he's still signed with the team, isn't he?

If he isn't, that's weird that they would include him in showcasing the new jerseys...

talkspurs
11-19-2020, 07:29 PM
I believe he's still signed with the team, isn't he?

If he isn't, that's weird that they would include him in showcasing the new jerseys...

I believe it was a partial guarantee.

BackHome
11-19-2020, 07:57 PM
Hopefully Lyles has hit the gym and worked on his 3 ball he is not a bad player but he has that Fat Head issue of being wide open and passing the ball instead of taking the open shot. I think he is a very good backup but not a starter on a good team at this point in his career.

PhantomDashCam
11-19-2020, 07:57 PM
Would LA accept a bench role - a 6th man, high usage position?
Spurs have always loved to run their 2 team variations, contrasting styles (starters vs. bench) and wonder if the roles are somewhat flipped when compared to 2013 - 2014 Spurs.

The starters, presumably:

D.White
Dejounte
DDR
Lyles
Poeltl (or FA replacement big such as Myers Leonard, Aron Baynes)

become the Freewheeling bench mob, pace ‘n space bubble team with DDR/Dejounte/White handling various playmaking duties depending on the set run...

Then the 2nd unit becomes

White/Tre (if ready)
Lonnie/Q/Vassell (if ready)
Keldon/Lonnie
Gay/Keldon
Lamarcus

which relies on LA sets with p’nr/p’np, Inside/Out plays.

Season could be very similar at times to 2012 where come trade deadline,
decisions are made to maximise roster potential moving forward.

benfti
11-19-2020, 08:04 PM
Sounds weird but I’d throw a minimum offer at Thon Maker, I know he hasn’t lived up to the hype pre draft but he has some intriguing skills. At worst he’d be an upgrade on Drew and Metu, at best he gets his jumper consistent and we have a 7’1 floor spacing shot blocker who can run the floor coming off the bench.

Dhbsr555
11-19-2020, 08:06 PM
After white showing in the bubble I don’t seeing him have a bench role

talkspurs
11-19-2020, 08:09 PM
Sounds weird but I’d throw a minimum offer at Thon Maker, I know he hasn’t lived up to the hype pre draft but he has some intriguing skills. At worst he’d be an upgrade on Drew and Metu, at best he gets his jumper consistent and we have a 7’1 floor spacing shot blocker who can run the floor coming off the bench.

I founds someone else that agrees with me on this. I think we might be the only 2 though. That being said I actually like Metu.

benfti
11-19-2020, 08:12 PM
He just became an UFA today. Letssss go!

PhantomDashCam
11-19-2020, 08:16 PM
After white showing in the bubble I don’t seeing him have a bench role

Agreed, I meant - say White comes out of the game at 6 min mark, then comes back in around 1-2 min mark of the quarter to run 2nd unit...

Dhbsr555
11-19-2020, 08:17 PM
I’d be ok with that I’d be extremely happy if keldon starts and Lonnie and Vassell have bench roles

benfti
11-19-2020, 08:37 PM
As a 2k character he’s always amazing ��

ginobilized
11-20-2020, 01:46 PM
The defensive possibilities with DJ, DV, KJ, DW, Poetl, and Jones are intriguing and exciting.
Once there is some cohesion among the players, we can have some solid offensive/defensive lineups.
Much better than last season.