PDA

View Full Version : Will Pistons go undefeated in November?

boutons
11-09-2005, 06:37 PM
who has the best chance to hand them their first loss?

Nov
10 @Phoenix
11 @Portland
15 Boston
18 @Houston
19 @Dallas
23 Denver
25 Washington
26 @Milwaukee
30 @New Jersey

A Serbian Beast
11-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Most likely one of the road games.

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Dallas

Pistons will be on the back end of a back 2 back on the road......

mavsfan1000
11-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Dallas will beat Detroit. :)

A Serbian Beast
11-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Dallas is nothing compared to Darko.

ducks
11-09-2005, 07:18 PM
boston

Oh, Gee!!
11-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Pho, Dal, Den, Nj

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Dallas will beat Detroit. :)

not without Dirk..... any update on his injury?

Pistons < Spurs
11-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Denver

AI-square
11-09-2005, 10:06 PM

Back problem... not sure about how bad it is though...

I'll stick my neck out and say that the Pistons would remain unbeaten in November. I just couldn't pick one among those teams to beat them. Denver have been made to look ordinary by the Lakers (twice), Phoenix are without Amare and Dallas looked bad without Dirk against the 76ers. Houston probably has the best shot.

jochhejaam
11-09-2005, 10:19 PM
I didn't hear anything about Dirk being injured, if he doesn't play Mavs have little chance.
We should be favored in all of those games but I would guess @ NJ or at Houston would be the most likely place for an upset.

Horry For 3!
11-09-2005, 10:41 PM
I'll go with tomorrow, Suns.

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 12:08 AM
And you'll be backing that up with a healthy bet in vbookie?

I'll put up half of mine on the Pistons if you'll put half of yours on the Suns. :)

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 02:06 AM
And you'll be backing that up with a healthy bet in vbookie?

I'll put up half of mine on the Pistons if you'll put half of yours on the Suns. :)
You don't have shit. If there is a vbookie, i'll put like 2K on Suns.

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 06:57 AM
You don't have shit. If there is a vbookie, i'll put like 2K on Suns.

Yeah, I figured your game on this one was more talk than walk. :lol

There's no shame in my game, I'm puttin' up half! :)

and you're right, half of my vbookie ain't much. I live and die with my Ohio State Buckeyes and my Pistons :lol

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 08:51 AM
If there is a vbookie, i'll put like 2K on Suns.
I would thiink that would be the top bet on Phoenix if you do it.

theMUHMEshow
11-10-2005, 08:52 AM
It will be very intresting to see if the Pistons can remain undefeted throughout November. Last year I would have said NO WAY. They lost focus way too much and there were too many distractions.

However, it will be intresting to see how this team under Flip reacts with a lot of success right off the bat. The main reason I think they will is because there bench is hungry as hell. Arroyo and McDyess are playing amazing along with Evans as an energy plug. So if the starters do not bring it for one game, the bench SHOULD be able to keep them in it.

Marklar MM
11-10-2005, 03:37 PM
It will be very intresting to see if the Pistons can remain undefeted throughout November. Last year I would have said NO WAY. They lost focus way too much and there were too many distractions.

However, it will be intresting to see how this team under Flip reacts with a lot of success right off the bat. The main reason I think they will is because there bench is hungry as hell. Arroyo and McDyess are playing amazing along with Evans as an energy plug. So if the starters do not bring it for one game, the bench SHOULD be able to keep them in it.

Dice is playin poopy.

DarkReign
11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Dice is playin poopy.

I wouldnt say "poopy", but I would certainly agree he needs to contribute more. Waaaaaaay more.

FreshPrince22
11-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Luckily, Evans is more than making up Dice's slack. And no we won't go undefeated. The ball can't roll your way everynight. Especially since there are a LOT of road games. And we all know how refs can be on the road.
________
Laguna Bay II Condominium (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Luckily, Evans is more than making up Dice's slack. And no we won't go undefeated. The ball can't roll your way everynight. Especially since there are a LOT of road games. And we all know how refs can be on the road.

Even the best of teams don't win more that 6 of 7 on average.
That being said I think it was the Lakers that won 32 straight back in the early 70's.

jochhejaam
11-11-2005, 02:30 AM

Pistons 111 - Sun 104 !! :smokin

5-0 and at Portland tonight going for 6!

mavsfan1000
11-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Pistons 05-06 champions. :lol

jochhejaam
11-11-2005, 06:55 AM
Pistons 05-06 champions. :lol
Wallace can break out those championship belts and pass 'em out! :lol

Extra Stout
11-11-2005, 08:46 AM
The Pistons' performance over the first five games extrapolates to a 76-6 season!

jochhejaam
11-12-2005, 01:36 AM

Tough road trip over and a 3 day rest now before playing Boston at home.

Two tests back to back on the road after that against Houston then Dallas starting the 18th, should be well rested and hopefully 7-0 going into those games.
So far so good. :smokin

http://www.geocities.com/menenjoyingbynordicshave/cigar014.jpg

Vashner
11-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Bah they listed Pistons 1 on power rankings...

mavsfan1000
11-12-2005, 04:39 AM
big surprise there

JamStone
11-12-2005, 11:26 AM
I think Boston will play extremely hard Tuesday night and try to get them back for the buzzer beater in Boston. But, I think the Mavs next Saturday at Dallas has the best chance to hand the Pistons their first loss of the season.

mike detroit
11-12-2005, 11:35 AM
I think Boston will play extremely hard Tuesday night and try to get them back for the buzzer beater in Boston. But, I think the Mavs next Saturday at Dallas has the best chance to hand the Pistons their first loss of the season.

don't worry about tuesday. I'm going and they never lose when I'm there. (seriously, playoffs last year they won every game I attended and lost every game I didn't) :smokin

A Serbian Beast
11-12-2005, 11:51 AM
don't worry about tuesday. I'm going and they never lose when I'm there. (seriously, playoffs last year they won every game I attended and lost every game I didn't) :smokin
I hope you have season tickets.

mike detroit
11-12-2005, 01:22 PM
I hope you have season tickets.
actually, yes i do.

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/6213/picture0158gl.jpg

Pistonfan1
11-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Delfino could be better then Manu quite soon. He is so like Manu but has a better jumper. More playing time and spurs fans will be begging us for Delfino. Also Dice is the best 6th man in the NBA and he could win that award if he picks up his stats a tad bit more.

A Serbian Beast
11-12-2005, 10:56 PM
quit making detroit fans look like fools please.

ABDENOUR POWER
11-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Holy shit, if the Pistons keep up this pace they'll set an NBA record at 82-0. :spin

A Serbian Beast
11-12-2005, 10:57 PM
actually, yes i do.

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/6213/picture0158gl.jpg
:elephant sweetness :elephant , hook a brother up with some tickets.

ABDENOUR POWER
11-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Delfino could be better then Manu quite soon.

:lol Its safe to say that his game is pretty similar to Manu's, but to say that he'll be better than Manu, and soon, is just being a homer.

A Serbian Beast
11-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Darko will be better than Duncan quite soon. That is fact.

mavsfan1000
11-12-2005, 11:22 PM

Quit making Detroit fans look stupid. :lol

Marklar MM
11-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Quit making Detroit fans look stupid. :lol

Your right...Darko is already better than Duncan. I don't know what Vinny Del Negro was sayin. :blah

jochhejaam
11-13-2005, 08:18 AM
thanks for the laugh over my morning coffee. :lol

ABDENOUR POWER
11-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Your right...Darko is already better than Duncan. I don't know what Vinny Del Negro was sayin. :blah

You took the words right out of my mouth. :elephant

jochhejaam
11-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Detroit 115 - Boston 100 7-0 baby! :elephant

Boston outscored 67 - 42 in the second half!

Billups still on a tear, 25 pts, 10 assists and 1 TO.

THE X-FACTOR
11-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Detroit 115 - Boston 100 7-0 baby! :elephant

Boston outscored 67 - 42 in the second half!

They still haven't played anyone good, see if they can beat San Antonio, Dallas, Washington, Indiana, Cleveland, Miami, or Milwaukee. Once they beat a real NBA then you can come back and talk.

Pistons < Spurs

Chauncey is playing awesome right now. this year he's averaging:

18.2 pts 9.4 assists 1.4 to's 42.8 fg%

THE X-FACTOR
Chauncey is playing awesome right now. this year he's averaging:

18.2 pts 9.4 assists 1.4 to's 42.8 fg%

we will see how long that lasts, see if he can do that against a good PG.

theMUHMEshow
11-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Darko Is A Turd Ball

Rummpd
11-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Boy Pistons fans are sure talking smack for a team that rolled over down the stretch in a game 7 when it counted, did not add any real talent to be feared (unlike the Spurs despite some of the laughable statements above) and most importantly, now are coached by Flip - who has historically coached one of the worst playoff records of all time. Plus as Bowen showed, Billups can be stopped with a like size defender. It is only a seven game win streak we are talking about - not one with historic implications and they will lose several down the road very soon!

Mark my words, Pacers are still the team most likely to be coming out of East (as I predicted long ago) and they will be the team in the East to test the Spurs in a great finals.

mike detroit
11-15-2005, 11:55 PM
really? all I see are a bunch of pistons fans excited about how their team is playing to start the season and a couple of obvious jokes comparing bench players to spurs starters. in fact, I seem to remember another thread where several pistons fans(myself included) stated flat out that the spurs were still the team to beat. If you think that constitutes "talking smack", then maybe your skin is a little too thin.

JamStone
11-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Rummpd,

And, saying the Pistons rolled over in game 7 last year sure takes away a lot of credit from Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Pop, and the rest of the Spurs. I recall the Pistons being tied with the Spurs after three quarters despite serious foul trouble with Billups, Rasheed, and McDyess.

You saying the Pistons just rolled over down the stretch certainly implies that you feel they should have beat the Spurs last year. It insinuates that Duncan didn't do anything special or have much to do with the Pistons losing, but it was the Pistons own play that lost the finals. It infers the Pistons only beat themselves, not the Spurs. That's what your statement that the Pistons just rolled over down the stretch intimates. I guess we can take that as a compliment, since you feel the Pistons were the better team last year.

And, since you feel that way, I guess that renders your other point about not adding talent moot. Since you feel we should have won last year, guess we didn't really need to add talent.

... all of the aforementioned was a tongue-in-cheek sarcastic jab at how poorly constructed your argument was ...

And, you having to discount the Pistons' early success, and even start a thread HOPING that the Boston Celtics beat the Pistons in the SEVENTH GAME of the regular season pretty much exemplifies what you really think about the Pistons. It's cool. Hate on.

FreshPrince22
11-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Boy Pistons fans are sure talking smack for a team that rolled over down the stretch in a game 7 when it counted, did not add any real talent to be feared (unlike the Spurs despite some of the laughable statements above) and most importantly, now are coached by Flip - who has historically coached one of the worst playoff records of all time. Plus as Bowen showed, Billups can be stopped with a like size defender. It is only a seven game win streak we are talking about - not one with historic implications and they will lose several down the road very soon!

Mark my words, Pacers are still the team most likely to be coming out of East (as I predicted long ago) and they will be the team in the East to test the Spurs in a great finals.

Talking smack? Who?? If I'm not mistaken a SPURS fan created this thread.

Your post wreaks of Fear, BTW. Not that I think we need to be feared yet, but considering how many anti-piston posts you've made in the last 3 hours it sure looks like you feel threatened. I'm especially fond of the "Go Boston" thread you started, then resorted to empty insults when we stomped on them in the 2nd half.
________
COLORADO MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

Horry For 3!
11-16-2005, 02:43 AM

Suns choked, they had the game. Not my fault.

Horry For 3!
11-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Pistons could lose to Houston or Dallas.

FreshPrince22
11-16-2005, 02:46 AM
Pistons could lose to Houston or Dallas.

Honestly if we don't (and I expect us to at least lose 1, those are 2 tough teams for B2B's on the road) this team could have a scary regular season record. Did any of you guys hear Scottie Pippen predict the Pistons to win 70 games?
________
Jeane cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Jeane)

Rummpd
11-16-2005, 06:11 AM
For the record I see the Pistons as a very, very good team but not one to be "feared" versus this Spurs team.

Why?

1) The Spurs now have a healthy, more mobile and seemingly even more motivated Tim Duncan. That is by far the most significant reason and he alone is the reason that the Spurs when all said and done will be even stronger this year.
2) Quietly, Tony Parker is having a start that is almost as impressive as Billups and more importantly, is showing steady play and he is now backed up by Van Exel - a stud for a reserve PG.
3) Manu Ginobilii after a sluggish start is start to play like Manu again and he counters the brilliance of Richard Hamilton - which would be matchup of the two still most under-rated swingmen in the game.
4) The Spurs are simply deeper this year and like the Pistons are motivated to prove something, i. e. they can complete a back to back.
5) Unlike the Lakers of a few years back (during their tripeat years) the Pistons have not single player that you can consistently say cannot be stopped or should be especially "feared". (i.e. a Shaq down low or Kobe who could just go off at times). Perhaps, Billups is the closest thing, but Bowen is the designated stopper for him. R. Wallace and Rick Hamilton have the potential to take over games but Spurs have good defensive matchups on them as well.
5) Most importantly, the Pistons will have to get through the Pacers and potentially also the Heat as very tough teams (the Heat depends on Shaq's health and Walker et. al. not becoming a time bomb out there) to even get to the finals in the East.

If the Pistons do get to the finals vs. the Spurs (who also have to meet a couple of tests along the way including a decent Mavs team, and potentially the Suns if Amare comes back) IT WOULD BE A HECK OF A MATCH UP.

However, sticking with my prediction of the Pacers vs. Spurs as to me the Pacers if they get it going are as deep as any team and were an incredibly tough team despite not having Artest last year and J. O'neals injury.

If I am wrong and it is the Pistons vs. Spurs though I will enjoy that as well!

It would be a matchup for basketball purists and I for one don't give a darn about the ratings. I would see that, like the Pacers, as a very tough series likely to go 6-7 games but have to give the edge to the deeper Spurs and the brilliance of Tim Duncan as they try to win 3 out of 4.

Lurks-a-lot
11-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Good Post. The pistons still have a lot of questions marks. How will flip handle the Post Season? Is the Pistons bench actually better this year?
Will they stay healthy? What happens when the pistons go on there first losing slid, do they start blaming Flip? The annoying thing is that none of these questions can be answered until the playoffs our over, but hey I guess thats why we watch the games.

But I got say I love our start and am definitely encourage but I have to keep reminding my self that its 82 game season and anything can happen.

:king

Rummpd
11-16-2005, 11:14 AM
You make it hard to hate Pistons fans! You are really not obnoxious like say, most Mavericks fans!!!!

Extra Stout
11-16-2005, 12:02 PM
If the Pistons play the remaining 75 games the way they have played the first seven, statistically they would be expected to finish 75-7.

But it's nearly impossible to sustain this level of play over 82 games.

If they could put it in a bottle and whip it back out in a playoff series, I doubt even the Spurs could match their level of play. It is quite impressive.

Then again, the Spurs were playing at a similar level last January, and they had to grind it out in the Finals.

Marcus Bryant
11-16-2005, 12:44 PM
I will say that Spurs fans should not think that the title is in the bag.

Lurks-a-lot
11-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Aww thanks Rummpd :angel

I must say though I do enjoy reading this forum most posters on here provide some really good insights and opinions. It's nice to get away and get an outside view from a non-biased perspective.

nkdlunch
11-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Honestly if we don't (and I expect us to at least lose 1, those are 2 tough teams for B2B's on the road) this team could have a scary regular season record. Did any of you guys hear Scottie Pippen predict the Pistons to win 70 games?

scary regular season team = Suns last year. and you know how that went.

Pippen is an idiot, he said Flip Saunders is a better coach than larry brown. Maybe in the regular season, but come playoff time, Pistons will miss Larry.

dknights411
11-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Aww thanks Rummpd :angel

I must say though I do enjoy reading this forum most posters on here provide some really good insights and opinions. It's nice to get away and get an outside view from a non-biased perspective.

Well welcome to the board lurks! And good luck to your Pistons this year . (except when y'all play us of course! :D)

JamStone
11-16-2005, 03:45 PM

Pippen is an idiot, he said Flip Saunders is a better coach than larry brown. Maybe in the regular season, but come playoff time, Pistons will miss Larry.

Spurs were a scary regular season team last year as well. And we know how that went too.

Difference between Suns and the Pistons is that the core players on the Pistons have been there, done that in the post season and the Pistons still play defense ... maybe not as great as last year, but they are certainly still capable of playing good d. I'm not saying there are any guarantees with what will happen in the playoffs, but comparing the Pistons to the Suns last year just doesn't seem to be applicable.

Pistons may or may not miss Larry in the playoffs. We'll just have to wait and see when we get there. That's many months away.

FreshPrince22
11-16-2005, 04:30 PM

We aren't the Suns. We play defense. That's the reason the Suns lost last year. The Bulls won 72 games in the regular season one year, does that mean they automatically lost in the playoffs? I, for one, think Flip is the better coach for us right now. He will make us better than last year. Does that mean he's a better coach than Larry? Obviously not, but it doesn't mean we cant be better than last year. Larry and Rick's defensive principles are already instilled in our players. Flip's flex offense just allows us to put some more points on the board, by getting easier/quicker baskets.

As the team has shown, just because Larry is gone, doesn't mean they have lost their championship poise. And no, I won't miss Larry putting Tayshaun Prince on Tim Duncan in the 2nd half of game 7 of the Finals. He lost that game for us when he did that, and he will never live it down in my book.

So far, Flip has proven to be nothing but brilliant in his ability to coach. He knows when to ride the hot hand, and ride the hot play. LB was awful at that. And he has always come up with the right play call when we need it to this point. Most importantly, he's always here. No more coaches taking 20 games off mid-season. That alone should improve our record by 5-10 games. Which, last year, is all we would have needed to be back-to-back champs.
________
Live sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

nkdlunch
11-16-2005, 06:12 PM
I didn't compare Detroit to Phoenix, just stating that scary regular season team means nothing. I hope Pistons go to the finals.

But I think at some point in the playoffs, you will be missing Larry Brown, and I don't even like Larry Brown.

jochhejaam
11-16-2005, 06:24 PM
If the Pistons play the remaining 75 games the way they have played the first seven, statistically they would be expected to finish 75-7.

But it's nearly impossible to sustain this level of play over 82 games.

If they could put it in a bottle and whip it back out in a playoff series, I doubt even the Spurs could match their level of play. It is quite impressive.

Then again, the Spurs were playing at a similar level last January, and they had to grind it out in the Finals.

Stout, didn't you have us at 76-6 a few days ago? There's some arcane formula you're using to come up with losses in spite of the fact that we have none at this time...care to share it? :)

And I agree, it's almost unfathomable that we could sustain this level of play.

Midnight Jazz
11-17-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm with most of the rational folks on this one, I just don't see 70 happening. Now if they want to prove me wrong, I'm all for it... as long as they don't fade in the playoffs as others have.

jochhejaam
11-17-2005, 07:12 AM
I'm with most of the rational folks on this one, I just don't see 70 happening. Now if they want to prove me wrong, I'm all for it... as long as they don't fade in the playoffs as others have.
Welcome to the forum MJ, and I agree, I would be shocked by any team winning 70 (60-65 would possibly be attainable by a couple of teams) this year. Anything over 60 would have to be considered an excellent win total,

FreshPrince22
11-17-2005, 07:36 AM

How are you feeling about that prediction after watching the Bobcats drop 122 on the Pacers last night? In rout to a 32 point thrashing. :lol

Looks like Rick Carlise's vaunted defense left with Mike Brown. We'll see if they can pick up the pieces.
________
Slavelatina4u (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/slavelatina4u/)

JamStone
11-17-2005, 11:26 AM
I didn't compare Detroit to Phoenix, just stating that scary regular season team means nothing. I hope Pistons go to the finals.

But I think at some point in the playoffs, you will be missing Larry Brown, and I don't even like Larry Brown.

Then why even mention last year's Phoenix's regular season record when talking about Detroit's start? You were obviously making inferences.

I don't doubt that the Pistons won't miss Larry Brown at some point in the playoffs. I'm just hoping that the players learned enough under Brown to be poised enough to overcome the coaching change and that the loss of Brown isn't so much to cost the Pistons a playoff series. And, I hope that Flip has learned enough from his past mistakes to give his team the best opportunity to win playoff games and series. I'll maintain that it's still ultimately on the players to execute and perform.

boutons
11-17-2005, 11:57 AM
Nov
10 @Phoenix - W
11 @Portland - W
15 Boston - W
18 @Houston - W (Rockets day after Spurs)
19 @Dallas - ? probably most risky, 2nd of road B2B
23 Denver
25 Washington
26 @Milwaukee
30 @New Jersey

The remaining 6 teams will probably all be playoff teams next spring. I think the Pistons have good chance of a loss-less November.

Extra Stout
11-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Stout, didn't you have us at 76-6 a few days ago? There's some arcane formula you're using to come up with losses in spite of the fact that we have none at this time...care to share it? :)

And I agree, it's almost unfathomable that we could sustain this level of play.
I do a normal regression based upon point differential and the standard deviation thereof.

Thus far the Pistons are outscoring their opponents by 13.29 +/- 10.24 points, which correlates to a winning percentage of 90.28% (i.e., the portion of the normal curve for which point differential > 0).

Over the next 75 games, that would mean 68 wins, added to the 7 they already have, which yields 75 wins overall.

Meanwhile, the same algorithm predicts the Spurs to go 57-25.

I could make it better by weighting point differential game-by-game based upon the quality of the opponent, but that would be Sagarin-esque and I would expect somebody to pay me for it.

jochhejaam
11-17-2005, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Extra Stout]I do a normal regression based upon point differential and the standard deviation thereof.

Thus far the Pistons are outscoring their opponents by 13.29 +/- 10.24 points, which correlates to a winning percentage of 90.28% (i.e., the portion of the normal curve for which point differential > 0).

Over the next 75 games, that would mean 68 wins, added to the 7 they already have, which yields 75 wins overall.

I could make it better by weighting point differential game-by-game based upon the quality of the opponent, but that would be Sagarin-esque and I would expect somebody to pay me for it.
Thanks for the explanation Stout, what numbers would they have needed in order for them to have received an 82-0 projection?
Or does that fall under JSagarinesque Pay-To-View info? :)

ABDENOUR POWER
11-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I have a feeling that Detroit is going to lose at least one of the games on this back to back.

jochhejaam
11-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Eight straight, 8-0, five to go for an undefeated Nov and all tough games.

mike detroit
11-19-2005, 12:12 AM
that was pretty ugly offensively, but oh well, I'll take it.

Bloodline666
11-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Pistons STILL undefeated! Now I REALLY can't wait until Christmas Day!

I feel sorry for Ben Wallace, though. Hopefully, that leg of his is okay. And it's a weird coincidence that he happened to get hurt at the end of the game ONE DAY SHY of the 1-year anniversary of the "Basket Brawl" that started when he got fouled by Ron Artest.

jochhejaam
11-19-2005, 12:28 AM
that was pretty ugly offensively, but oh well, I'll take it.
We definitely had an off shooting night missing several dunks and lots of open jumpers.
Ben came through big and Rasheed and Evans also hit some big baskets in the 4th.
I think we'll need to shoot better to beat the Mavs Saturday.

FreshPrince22
11-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Yea, there were a few things that held us back from blowing this one open.

1. Missed dunks. I counted about 6. That's 12 points gone with the wind.
2. Chauncey with 5 fouls by the 7-8 minute mark. Everytime he came out of the game we couldn't score and Houston went on a run. He makes this team go.
3. McDyess does not have his shot. He has been awful so far. Once he rounds back into last year's form our bench should be great with Dice/Mo holding much of the offensive load.

Either way, it's good to get ugly wins now and then. This game proved that we could still win grind-it-out games.
________
Water bong (http://glassbongs.org/)

jochhejaam
11-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Darko's playing important minutes if not a lot minutes. He made the old man Mutumbo look pretty foolish and played some good defense. Props to Darko for bein' more aggresive this season and to Flip for not bein' afraid to play him.

samikeyp
11-19-2005, 01:28 AM
Pistons are 8-0....LB and the Knicks are horrid.

Life is good in MoTown. :smokin

FreshPrince22
11-19-2005, 01:55 AM
Pistons are 8-0....LB and the Knicks are horrid.

Life is good in MoTown. :smokin

really.. The Pistons at 8-0 and the Knicks at 2-7 is like being 15-2 in my book :lol
________
Buy Bubblers (http://bubblers.net/)

ABDENOUR POWER
11-19-2005, 11:25 AM
I have a gut feeling that Detroit will lose tonight against the Mavs. They're a dangerous team, at home, and we'll be bone tired. It might not even be close.

I'm such a pessimist. :lol

FreshPrince22
11-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Big Ben is listed as "questionable" tonight after Yao landed on the arch of his foot last night. Needless to say, if Ben isn't Ben tonight we are going to have a tough time winning this one. Hopefully, this is where the Dale Davis signing works it's magic.
________
Problems from zoloft (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

jochhejaam
11-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Big Ben is listed as "questionable" tonight after Yao landed on the arch of his foot last night. Needless to say, if Ben isn't Ben tonight we are going to have a tough time winning this one. Hopefully, this is where the Dale Davis signing works it's magic.
And we don't need any "Tracy McGrady like" heroics from Ben, if he's hurt let him heal, it's a long season.
Let's see where we get with Dale and Darko gettin' more minutes.

ABDENOUR POWER
11-19-2005, 11:12 PM
I have a gut feeling that Detroit will lose tonight against the Mavs. They're a dangerous team, at home, and we'll be bone tired. It might not even be close.

Sheesh, I'm looking pretty smart right about now. :fro

Horry For 3!
11-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Pistons got OWNED by the Mavs

Horry For 3!
11-19-2005, 11:16 PM
I already knew they would lose to the Mavs tonight. Pistons barely beat a hurt Rockets team last night.

emo serb
11-19-2005, 11:33 PM
I already knew they would lose to the Mavs tonight. Pistons barely beat a hurt Rockets team last night.
You beat those same "hurt Rockets" by only 6 the night before...and you were at home...

samikeyp
11-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Still...8-1 after 9 games is not bad.

mavsfan1000
11-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Even if it's a 37 point whooping. :lol

Leetonidas
11-20-2005, 01:15 AM
You beat those same "hurt Rockets" by only 6 the night before...and you were at home...

When T-Mac goes off, T-Mac goes off.

jochhejaam
11-20-2005, 08:07 AM
Even if it's a 37 point whooping. :lol

yep, nice win for you Mavs, a bit humbling for us. :oops

I could go into the scizophrenic fan mode and say "Fire Saunders" and "Mavs will be the 2006 Champs for sure"!

But I won't. :lol

samikeyp
11-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Its a long season Mavsfan. Anything can happen. :)

Hook Dem
11-20-2005, 11:02 AM
oops!!!!!!

Extra Stout
11-21-2005, 11:16 AM
The Pistons no longer are on pace to go 75-7. :lol

Marklar MM
11-21-2005, 04:02 PM
The Pistons no longer are on pace to go 75-7. :lol

72-10 or 73-9. One of those.

Extra Stout
11-21-2005, 04:05 PM
72-10 or 73-9. One of those.

A 37-point loss introduced so much variance into the point differential that it caused the standard deviation to explode.

One game knocked the expected record from 75-7 to 56-26.

Therein lies the danger in extrapolating an 82-game record off such a small sample size.

Marklar MM
11-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Well my formula says they will win 72-73 games. :)

Extra Stout
11-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Well my formula says they will win 72-73 games. :)
I've developed a new theory which predicts that the Spurs will go 80-2. :) :)

It's called the "Spurs are Super Awesome" theory and it postulates that they are super awesome and will win every remaining game.

Marklar MM
11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Mine is based on the fact that they are 8-1. They are on pace to win 72.8888888 and a bunch of eights and other numbers.

Extra Stout
11-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Mine is based on the fact that they are 8-1. They are on pace to win 72.8888888 and a bunch of eights and other numbers.
I could argue that point differential has a stronger correlation to projected record than current record does, but frankly this early in the season, you could pull a number out of your ass and it would be just about as good.

Marklar MM
11-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Who cares. My dog just pooped, and it smells like shit.

Extra Stout
11-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Who cares. My dog just pooped, and it smells like shit.I just took a shit, and the loaf I pinched told me the Spurs will go 61-21.