PDA

View Full Version : God, I hope this Offseason preview of the Spurs is comedy gold, and not prophecy

R. DeMurre
11-20-2020, 03:43 AM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/2020-nba-offseason-preview-san-antonio-spurs.html

"As for Forbes, he has been one of the Spurs’ most reliable three-point shooters over the last two seasons, knocking down 40.8% of his attempts during that stretch as the club ranked 30th and 28th in three-point tries.
San Antonio’s backcourt is loaded with young players, but Forbes is capable of sliding up to the three and playing alongside a pair of guards. Since he’ll be unrestricted, there’s no guarantee he won’t look for a new deal elsewhere, but the Spurs have a history of overpaying a little to retain their own guys if they really want them back."

Dhbsr555
11-20-2020, 03:44 AM
I swear if Forbes plays over Lonnie and keldon again I will lose it

Ocotillo
11-20-2020, 08:37 AM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/2020-nba-offseason-preview-san-antonio-spurs.html

San Antonio’s backcourt is loaded with young players, but Forbes is capable of sliding up to the three and playing alongside a pair of guards.

Reminds me of that photo of Patty guarding KD

offset formation
11-20-2020, 09:52 AM
The fuck is this?

K...
11-20-2020, 10:32 AM
What, this is America, he can do whatever he wants. Given his lack of elite athleticism, maybe he should play stretch PF. Hire be hoops rumor for bold takes

Dex
11-20-2020, 10:36 AM

"As for Forbes, he has been one of the Spurs’ most reliable three-point shooters over the last two seasons, knocking down 40.8% of his attempts during that stretch as the club ranked 30th and 28th in three-point tries.
San Antonio’s backcourt is loaded with young players, but Forbes is capable of sliding up to the three and playing alongside a pair of guards. Since he’ll be unrestricted, there’s no guarantee he won’t look for a new deal elsewhere, but the Spurs have a history of overpaying a little to retain their own guys if they really want them back."

I am only left to believe that this person has never watched Bryn Forbes play a single minute of basketball. :lmao

phxspurfan
11-20-2020, 01:24 PM
such a troll article

KobesAchilles
11-20-2020, 02:10 PM
Didn't know that pop wrote for hoopsrumors tbh

TheCerebral1
11-20-2020, 02:19 PM
Just let everyone go. Sign a restricted free agency at the four and try to build on the future.

SpurPadre
11-20-2020, 02:21 PM
Reminds me of that photo of Patty guarding KD

There are like 5 different photos of that. Seriously.

itzsoweezee
11-20-2020, 04:04 PM
This post needs a trigger warning

koriwhat
11-20-2020, 04:17 PM
I swear if Forbes plays over Lonnie and keldon again I will lose it

ditto. watching forbes totally and utterly lost on defense from row 10 over and over again proved to me he's just a shooter and should literally be used like kerr was at the end of his career. with that said, he should be used by another team not named sa spurs. let him walk or whatever.

ZeusWillJudge
11-20-2020, 07:11 PM
God, I hope this Offseason preview of the Spurs is comedy gold, and not prophecy

Sorry, I can't help you with this one right now. I just tested positive for the Olympus virus. It's a lot like that coronavirus you mortals are subject to. They even use the same test. I'll be kicking its ass soon, and then I'll see what I can do.

(No joke. Tested positive today. This should be an adventure.)

pad300
11-20-2020, 07:15 PM
God, I hope this Offseason preview of the Spurs is comedy gold, and not prophecy

Sorry, I can't help you with this one right now. I just tested positive for the Olympus virus. It's a lot like that coronavirus you mortals are subject to. They even use the same test. I'll be kicking its ass soon, and then I'll see what I can do.

You've got good odds. Keep your vitamin D level high is probably the best available over the counter medical advice...

Prime BEEF
11-20-2020, 07:25 PM

Wish you a speedy recovery. Had COVID 2 months ago. Had sore throat. That’s about it for me.

gospursgojas
11-20-2020, 07:27 PM
Didn't know that pop wrote for hoopsrumors tbh

Only explanation for anyone fathoming Fobbs can play 3. Lol

timvp
11-20-2020, 07:29 PM

Get well. Keep us mere mortals updated, tbh :tu

koriwhat
11-20-2020, 07:31 PM

god bless you bud! :tu

Dhbsr555
11-20-2020, 07:39 PM
How can a 6’2 guard with little to no lateral quickness guard a 3

R. DeMurre
11-20-2020, 08:30 PM

I got tested today too, and will get the results on Monday. Best of luck, man! I've had a stock of vitamin D, melatonin, and zinc for months just in case. Don't avoid the local Hippocrates like we stubborn males of the species sometimes tend to when feeling under the weather. Hope you have a speedy and/or asymptomatic full recovery.

Chinook
11-20-2020, 08:32 PM

Stay well, man.

DPG21920
11-20-2020, 09:12 PM
Get well soon

Man In Black
11-20-2020, 09:16 PM
You lost me at Forbes can slide to 3.

BackHome
11-20-2020, 11:45 PM

Stay strong brother hope ya make a speedy recovery.

XDT76
11-21-2020, 03:03 AM

Speedy recovery

objective
11-21-2020, 03:09 AM

strength to Zeus!

BillMc
11-21-2020, 06:14 AM

Wish you a speedy recovery bro.

NameLess Scrub
11-21-2020, 08:14 AM

Hope you get well soon.

Rummpd
11-21-2020, 08:20 AM

Spurs FO = once in the very top tier of league = has rapidly become a joke and it would be consistent with the farce that has been going on to overpay for such a limited player.

ZeusWillJudge
11-23-2020, 09:15 PM
I took a turn for the worse today, but that's not the bad part. My wife has MS, and my daughter has UC (living at home finishing a masters degree). Both take medications that hamper their immune systems. I'm fortunate that I have another house that I use for a studio. I moved into it to keep away from them.

But today my wife lost her sense of smell, and my daughter started running a low-grade fever. Dammit. I appreciate all the good comments here, but I would take 10x whatever this may do to me, not to have to worry about them.

I don't like some of the politics that have attached to this thing, from both sides. But the virus is real, and it sucks. And I can't do a thing to protect either of them.

azarel
11-23-2020, 09:31 PM
I took a turn for the worse today, but that's not the bad part. My wife has MS, and my daughter has UC (living at home finishing a masters degree). Both take medications that hamper their immune systems. I'm fortunate that I have another house that I use for a studio. I moved into it to keep away from them.

But today my wife lost her sense of smell, and my daughter started running a low-grade fever. Dammit. I appreciate all the good comments here, but I would take 10x whatever this may do to me, not to have to worry about them.

I don't like some of the politics that have attached to this thing, from both sides. But the virus is real, and it sucks. And I can't do a thing to protect either of them.

hope you and your family recover swiftly.

Light
11-23-2020, 09:36 PM

Damn. Thanks for sharing. Lost in all the politics is the fact that there are real people and families behind the numbers shown every day. Wishing you and the family well.

Dverde
11-23-2020, 09:42 PM

Give that shit your best euro step!! Stay strong!

BackHome
11-23-2020, 09:52 PM
Man Zeus beat the Hulk so beating Covid should be a piece of cake lol

Serious though we all wish you and your family the best and our thoughts and prayers are always with ya... stay strong brother.

RC_Drunkford
11-24-2020, 06:10 AM

Hope your family gets well soon bro

Ocotillo
11-24-2020, 07:11 AM
Strength and recovery to Zeus and your family.

The Truth #6
11-24-2020, 07:52 AM
You and your family get well, Zeus.

Rummpd
11-24-2020, 08:44 AM
Good luck on this