PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker on Playing for Popovich and Being Teammates with Tim Duncan

spursparker9
11-20-2020, 06:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh_lVj4txns&ab_channel=TheRinger

Russillo is joined by four-time NBA Champion Tony Parker to discuss his book, Tony Parker: Beyond All of My Dreams, his experience at the Nike Hoops Summit in 2000, the 2001 NBA Draft, earning Tim Duncan’s respect, his NBA Finals battles with the Miami Heat, and more.

jermaine
11-20-2020, 07:18 AM
Listening to this, I wanted to cry... I miss Good Spurs basketball. Kawhi fucked up our team yo

daslicer
11-20-2020, 11:35 AM
Boring interview and very PC answers from Tony. Nothing new was revealed and no insight was gained. You can tell at the end Tony was scarred from the Kawhi saga when Russilo threw a softball question in which he said paraphrasing "How tough was it during your finally year in SA that Kawhi wanted to leave when your generation of Spurs always bought into the team" Tony's response was "Well that was his decision and his right. I feel blessed for all the years I got to play with Kawhi. I have nothing but good things to say about him."

phxspurfan
11-20-2020, 01:17 PM
Nice interview. It definitely reminds you of how tough the West was when he mentioned one of the all star games when there was like 4-5 PGs on his team. Also crazy to hear about 2013 game 6 because we as fans felt the same way. There was still game 7 but it hurt so bad.