11-09-2005, 06:56 PM
they're here?

Ishta
11-09-2005, 06:57 PM
they're here?
show is tonight at the SBC.. starts at 8

Marklar MM
11-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Darn. What you think they are gonna play?

bry3
11-09-2005, 07:06 PM
here here

samikeyp
11-09-2005, 08:28 PM
no but Leanne, your avatar is awesome.

N.Y. Johnny
11-09-2005, 08:37 PM
they're here?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Thats terrific...thats terrific.....

You didn't go with the other Depeche Mode Geeks????

btw Depeche Mode is ok :smokin
They're always on my XM Channel 54.....LUCY!!

Cant_Be_Faded
11-09-2005, 08:40 PM
If i were as rich as, say, Tpark, or useruser666, I would most definitely go, even sacrifice a spurs game for it.

Alas, I am but a poor college student that is thousands of dollars in debt :depressed

Cant_Be_Faded
11-09-2005, 08:40 PM
If i were as rich as, say, Tpark, or useruser666, I would most definitely go, even sacrifice a spurs game for it.

Alas, I am but a poor college student that is thousands of dollars in debt :depressed

N.Y. Johnny
11-09-2005, 08:54 PM

I'm rich and I like Depeche Mode and didn't go :spin :smokin

Cant_Be_Faded
11-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm rich and I like Depeche Mode and didn't go :spin :smokin

you're a dork then
an italian dork

Faccia di Angelo
11-09-2005, 10:10 PM
you're a dork then
an italian dork
:lmao Take that NYJ!

Lucy!

I wanted to go too :( But damn that thing was 50-75 bucks. I'm a poor working girl too. :oops I remember the last time they came while still in hs and didn't get to go then. Don't know if they'll ever come again, like NIN. All I wanted to hear was "Somebody" and I would have been happy. Ah well, I heard Korn is coming in December again and I must go to that! These concerts are killing me!

N.Y. Johnny
11-09-2005, 10:13 PM
:lmao Take that NYJ!

Lucy!

I wanted to go too :( But damn that thing was 50-75 bucks. I'm a poor working girl too. :oops I remember the last time they came while still in hs and didn't get to go then. Don't know if they'll ever come again, like NIN. All I wanted to hear was "Somebody" and I would have been happy. Ah well, I heard Korn is coming in December again and I must go to that! These concerts are killing me!

If you liked Disturbed i'd invite you to come and tag along for the Jagermeister Tour show in NYC soon :spin

but i don't think you like them

Marklar MM
11-09-2005, 10:15 PM
If you liked Disturbed i'd invite you to come and tag along for the Jagermeister Tour show in NYC soon :spin

Are you down with the sickness?

Faccia di Angelo
11-09-2005, 10:31 PM

Its okay if I don't, I'll still tag along to go to NYC. Plenty else there to do :elephant

Silver21_Black20
11-10-2005, 01:44 AM
I was there...pretty good show...not that many people were there though...about 6500 people.

Ishta
11-10-2005, 08:56 AM
It was a really good show....The new stuff is fucking great.. 2 encores!!

MiNuS
11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
"behind the wheel" "Strangelove"

I've been a fan since "Music for the Masses"

katyon6th
11-10-2005, 11:02 AM
What venue did they play?

TheTruth
11-10-2005, 11:30 AM
show is tonight at the SBC.. starts at 8
read the thread before posting

Old School Chic
11-10-2005, 03:32 PM
I was there...pretty good show...not that many people were there though...about 6500 people.

Not quite! It was close to 12,000 I think you went to the wrong concert :lol

Old School Chic
11-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Its new album is called "Playing the Angel," but let's face it: Depeche Mode has always been more than a little devilish.

At the SBC Center on Wednesday, the pioneering '80s synth band created and re-created sexually charged, pulsating pop songs and sullen, angst-ridden electronic odes, which sent some 12,000 fans into a frenzy over and over again.

Most were on their feet all night during the 16-song set and generous encores.

Nostalgia took a back seat to primal, essential rock. A large, satellite-shaped stage prop flashed the themes of the night: Sex, Pain, Angel, Love and Enjoy. For example, "Personal Jesus," which came late in the show, is really a raw blues propelled by the exploding sounds of floor tom-toms -- meant to be enjoyed aurally and to sexually entice.

But Depeche Mode opened its show with what it does best: compelling electronic tracks, the new "A Pain That I'm Used To" and "John the Revelator."

Singer Dave Gahan treated these numbers the same as any in the Depeche Mode canon of classics, strutting and spinning like a top with his microphone stand.

Guitarist and guiding light Martin Gore appeared onstage in a strange, winged bird outfit, with feathers sticking out in generally the right anatomical areas (small black wing protruded from his back and also were tethered to ankles.) Blue eye shadow completed his fashion ensemble.

Keyboardist Andy Fletcher manned his space bubble keyboard rig hardly looking like a rock star at all.

That's left to Gahan, who was shirtless almost immediately and dancing, slithering and stalking the stage sensuously. His voice and body have scarcely changed in 25 years. Whenever he ventured to the edge of the stage, men and women groped him.

The band's latest hit single, "Precious," drew big cheers. The loudest screams, however, came for the familiar, quintessential numbers.

The reception for the six-note motif of "Policy of Truth" shook the venue. Likewise, the descent into a syrupy trance that is "Walking In My Shoes" held the crowd in rapture.

A surprisingly captivating moment was Gore's vocal take on the new ballad "Damaged People," a song that takes its musical cues and inspiration from the bridge of "I Don't Know How to Love Him" from "Jesus Christ Superstar."

New songs like "I Want It All" juxtaposed nicely with the sinfully relentless "I Feel You" and the fun "Just Can't Get Enough."

On the front row, bubbly Irma Flores, 29, and best friend, Denise De Leon, 29, explained the ageless band's appeal during "Everything Counts."

"They never get old," Flores said.

"Mainly, they take me back -- but they're timeless," De Leon added.

Neither could get enough.

Opening act the Bravery played a vicious, catchy set in the Killers mode, mining an '80s sound.

Gatita
11-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Can you take cameras to a concert @ the SBC Center?

Old School Chic
11-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Can you take cameras to a concert @ the SBC Center?

Unfortunately, not.
But, I always see flashes at all the concerts that I attend, so I figure they had their cameras well hidden.

If you are going to the Juan Gabriel concert on Saturday, he Is going to have a meet & greet after the show for $25.00 a person. I hear you can take a pic with the guy and get his auto. The only thing wrong about that Is that a lot of people want to take a pic with him so you can just Imagine the long line.
I hear from other cities that the lines end about 4-5 In the morning.

Gatita
11-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately, not.
But, I always see flashes at all the concerts that I attend, so I figure they had their cameras well hidden.

If you are going to the Juan Gabriel concert on Saturday, he Is going to have a meet & greet after the show for $25.00 a person. I hear you can take a pic with the guy and get his auto. The only thing wrong about that Is that a lot of people want to take a pic with him so you can just Imagine the long line.
I hear from other cities that the lines end about 4-5 In the morning.

Too cool. :tu

My mom would have been proud. :)

SpursWoman
11-10-2005, 04:32 PM

Huh?

You guys are certainly hung up on money and what others can or can't afford. If you're going to make a dig...how about one where your targets are actually participating in the conversation?

I like Depeche Mode...they were pretty cool 15 years ago....but not enough of fork out that much money for a concert. :music

MiNuS
11-10-2005, 05:14 PM
I like the 80's bands making a comeback.(Duran-Duran,Depeche)

I just have one wish. I want to see Dee Snyder and Twisted Sister get back together
and rock this shit up!

Silver21_Black20
11-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Not quite! It was close to 12,000 I think you went to the wrong concert :lol

:lol Really? I guess your right, it just didn't look like that many people, I'm used to seeing 19000 fans at the Spurs games. But don't always believe the number of attendance they give in the newspapers, the number is usually a couple thousand higher than the actual attendance.

Old School Chic
11-10-2005, 05:42 PM
:lol Really? I guess your right, it just didn't look like that many people, I'm used to seeing 19000 fans at the Spurs games. But don't always believe the number of attendance they give in the newspapers, the number is usually a couple thousand higher than the actual attendance.

You know what, you are right!

I asked one of the event coordinators earlier and they said It was about 8500 In attendance :oops Maybe, the news meant to say It sounded like 12,000 fans In the house.

Spurs will ROCK you
11-11-2005, 03:10 PM
no but Leanne, your avatar is awesome.

Thanks...The show was great by the way :)

Gatita
11-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Huh?

You guys are certainly hung up on money and what others can or can't afford. If you're going to make a dig...how about one where your targets are actually participating in the conversation?

I like Depeche Mode...they were pretty cool 15 years ago....but not enough of fork out that much money for a concert. :music

The concerts here are alot cheaper than back home.

Juan Gabriel would've costed me @ least $150 a ticket, even as much as $250. I was more than happy to pay that much for tickets, but even at that price they would always sell out very quickly.

$55 is a hell of a deal. :tu

I saw older groups than Depeche Mode.

Chicago/Earth, Wind, & Fire cost me $80 a ticket.

I found it well worth the time and money. :)

Silver21_Black20
11-11-2005, 04:09 PM

Juan Gabriel would've costed me @ least $150 a ticket, even as much as $250. I was more than happy to pay that much for tickets, but even at that price they would always sell out very quickly.

I've heard he puts on a really good concert.

Gatita
11-11-2005, 04:12 PM
I've heard he puts on a really good concert.

I can't wait.

But, bad part is I just found out today that Jennifer Peņa will be his opening act. :vomit

:wtf

Silver21_Black20
11-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I can't wait.

But, bad part is I just found out today that Jennifer Peņa will be his opening act. :vomit

:lol Really? I didn't know that.

I thought he'd be one of those performers that didn't have opening acts.

Old School Chic
11-11-2005, 04:32 PM
I can't wait.

Jennifer Pena Is not good enough to be an opening act for such a legend like Juan Gabriel.

Silver21_Black20
11-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Jennifer Pena Is not good enough to be an opening act for such a legend like Juan Gabriel.

Right!

And they're two different types of performers. I wonder how she will be received by the Juan Gabriel crowd.

Old School Chic
11-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Right!

And they're two different types of performers. I wonder how she will be received by the Juan Gabriel crowd.

Probably, like hurry up and finish so that we can see the real show.

MiNuS
11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
to me all female Tejano singers sound the same. Selena-esque. They all have that pocho accent.

Jennifer Pena heads the list.

There's alot to be desired. Jeniffer is eye candy,though,compared to the "Juanga"
show.

McKenzie
11-11-2005, 05:22 PM
"behind the wheel" "Strangelove"

I've been a fan since "Music for the Masses"

I got hooked on Speak & Spell. Wish I could have gone.

Ishta
11-11-2005, 05:31 PM
I got hooked on Speak & Spell. Wish I could have gone.

It was great...2 1/2 hours well worth the ticket price! Best Mode show I have ever been to. :elephant

MiNuS
11-11-2005, 05:31 PM
I'm also a huge fan of the spanish Depeche Mode

Moenia

y que!

mavsfan1000
11-11-2005, 05:34 PM
I heard a couple of songs from them. It is good but not great. I've heard alot more 80's stuff that is better.

tlongII
11-11-2005, 05:41 PM

$55 is a hell of a deal. :tu

I saw older groups than Depeche Mode.

Chicago/Earth, Wind, & Fire cost me $80 a ticket.

I found it well worth the time and money. :)

How did you like Chicago? I've always been a big fan of theirs!

Silver21_Black20
11-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Probably, like hurry up and finish so that we can see the real show.

:lol

N.Y. Johnny
11-11-2005, 06:42 PM
:lol Really? I didn't know that.

I thought he'd be one of those performers that didn't have opening acts.

Like U2 and their $600 a piece tickets :pctoss

Gatita
11-11-2005, 08:00 PM
How did you like Chicago? I've always been a big fan of theirs!

Earth, Wind, and Fire out performed Chicago.

Chicago was a bit on the boring side.

Which sucked, because they were the reason I went.

Oh well, not a total loss.

I ended up buy Earth, Wind, & Fire's greatest hits album the next day.

Great band. :tu

Silver21_Black20
11-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Like U2 and their $600 a piece tickets :pctoss

$600 a piece :wow

N.Y. Johnny
11-12-2005, 02:52 PM
$600 a piece :wow

yeah...fuckin sucks.

but at least the tickets for Disturbed are only $35 thru Ticketbastard if you were lucky enough to get them. :elephant

Silver21_Black20
11-12-2005, 04:03 PM
yeah...fuckin sucks.

but at least the tickets for Disturbed are only $35 thru Ticketbastard if you were lucky enough to get them. :elephant

So...I assume because of the :elephant you were one of the lucky ones to get tickets to Disturbed.

:lol I like that...Ticketbastard. They do suck...:lol

N.Y. Johnny
11-14-2005, 12:39 AM
So...I assume because of the :elephant you were one of the lucky ones to get tickets to Disturbed.

:lol I like that...Ticketbastard. They do suck...:lol

Yeah, I got 4 tickets to the show, but its a show at the Nokia Theater in Times Square in NY on Dec. 13, so I'll be jetting up there for that one. :smokin

Silver21_Black20
11-14-2005, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I got 4 tickets to the show, but its a show at the Nokia Theater in Times Square in NY on Dec. 13, so I'll be jetting up there for that one. :smokin

Cool...Have fun.

:smokin <I know what goes down at rock concerts...:lol