PDA

View Full Version : Teams clearly better than the Spurs this seasons in the West

LurkingSpursFan
11-21-2020, 07:51 PM
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Rockets?
Mavericks?
Jazz?
Blazers?
Suns?

lmbebo
11-21-2020, 07:54 PM
Houston is a big wild card with all the drama. I expect GS to be back in play off hunt with a healthy Curry, Green with a full season of Wiggins, Oubre, Weisman, etc. Maybe not championship caliber, but should be play off if healthy.

Even with no forbes/marco, not sure our team stacks up with those teams as built.

mo7888
11-21-2020, 07:54 PM
Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Mavericks?
Jazz?
Blazers?
Suns?

Probably but, the suns and blazers are debatable..

K...
11-21-2020, 07:55 PM
Lakers are lebron who is renting them and stipped them of assets. Nice job lebron, has nothing to do with LA

Clippers have a billionaire owner and again stripped their assets to presti for fake star paul george.

Nuggets are great, but they took awhile.

Mavs tanked hard and got lucky with a franchise player. SA did that too awhile back! works great if you get lucky.

Jzz? fuck nah

Blazers? Cute team

Suns: sucked for forever and finally have a team to compete.If the spurs get a #1 pick and still suck i would worry.

Shakril
11-21-2020, 08:14 PM
Clearly better? Puuh. Not many teams in my book.

Tier 1

Lakers - I dont see any other Team in the West that is a good as them. At least they have to proof it before i give someone else Tier 1 status.

Tier 2

Clippers - On Paper they are strong. But they have to actually deliver. And dont mean beeing 1 or 2 in the Conference, but actually seeing them play like a Contender.
Nuggets - I believe they will be a little better this year and seperate themselves from the pack.
Warriors - Yes even without Klay i believe they have a good Team. I am only surprised that they have not tried to sign a Center. I know they drafted Wiseman, but he is a Rookie. Dont think he can handle the NBA Bigs just yet.

Tier 3

Dallas - They only get better. But i dont believe they are their yet to be a contender.
Utah - Same as for Dallas, but slightly worse i believe.
Houston - I was never high on the Rockets in the first place. Their style of play dont win Champtionships, but you have to respect Hardens ability to put this team on his back. Thats the only reason i am putting them up here.

Tier 4 - The pack, fighting for the bottom PO Seeds.

Portland - Last year was terrible, even though they managed to squeeze into the 8th seed.
Suns - The Addition of CP 3 could be huge if he can recreate his performance with OKC. Their Bubble Play was promising.
Pelicans - Good young core, with a potential superstar.
Spurs - Unlike others, i believe the spurs are better than advertised. The Bubble play was very good, and it showed how the young guys with DDR can play very well together. No forbes or beli should improve the teams win total.
Grizzlies - Overachiever last year, the bubble was brutal for them. Still, they are in the upwards trend so i dont count them out.

Tier 5

Timberwolves - No. Just no. Since the great days of Kevin Love i was waiting for something big, only to be disappointed.
OKC - They have so many picks, they could build a wall with it. But Playerwise they have nothing to compete.
Kings - Same as Timberwolves. Always promising and than falling short.

Summarize:

Spurs are in the hunt, but are not a lock.

objective
11-21-2020, 08:20 PM
Because of the changes to the play-in games, Spurs really only have to get to the 10 seed, so only 5 teams they need to be better than

However, despite the lack of Forbes and Marco meaning the defense should be much better, other teams improved also

Confident the Spurs have little chance to catch these teams if there are no unforseen health challenges:

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Phoenix
4. Portland
5. Utah
6. Denver
7. Golden State

Up in the air:

8. Houston - I know they look like they're in shambles and they moved Covington, but Wood is a huge, huge get and allows Tucker to keep fresh for the season if he isn't too washed
9. Dallas - Porzingis already missing time, Powell missing time, Luka frequently has little nagging injuries, they might be a bad break from underachieving in a malaise of waiting for free agency
10. Memphis - Caught everyone by surprise, but sophomore slumps always loom and JJJ has had problems staying healthy
11. Minnesota - None of their big 3 played together before, and their coach might be worse with rotations than Pop at this stage
12. New Orleans - installing a new coach in a short preseason, with health questions around Zion, age for Reddick ... they might be surpassable

Only teams I'm reasonably sure will be worse:

13. Sacramento - poor roster, injured players
14. OKC - Tank city

It'll take some breaks going the Spurs way if they're going to be in the top 10.

Maybe the Clippers fail with too much load management and losing Harrell and Jamychal ...

Maybe Denver has too much success go to their head complicated by losing Grant and Grumlee ...

Maybe Chris Paul finally falls apart ...

Spurs are probably more likely to be picking 7-11 in the lotto odds than playing a 7 game series unfortunately

RC_Drunkford
11-21-2020, 08:23 PM
Everybody except OKC

timtonymanu
11-21-2020, 08:26 PM
I say they finish 13 ahead of Sacramento and okc. Maybe 12 if Minnesota plays to their usual lottery team expectations with good players.

Dejounte
11-21-2020, 08:51 PM
Clippers downgraded. Chemistry issues are still there because of lack of leadership.

Dejounte
11-21-2020, 08:52 PM
Every year the Blazers are hyped up like crazy and are always finding themselves at around 8th to 9th seed. Fool's gold.

Dejounte
11-21-2020, 09:02 PM
Utah is in the same boat we are, led by weak stars. Low ceiling for championship aspirations.

Difference between us and them is that we have more promising youth.

Atl Spur
11-21-2020, 09:05 PM
Because of the changes to the play-in games, Spurs really only have to get to the 10 seed, so only 5 teams they need to be better than

However, despite the lack of Forbes and Marco meaning the defense should be much better, other teams improved also

Confident the Spurs have little chance to catch these teams if there are no unforseen health challenges:

1. Lakers
2. Clippers
3. Phoenix
4. Portland
5. Utah
6. Denver
7. Golden State

Up in the air:

8. Houston - I know they look like they're in shambles and they moved Covington, but Wood is a huge, huge get and allows Tucker to keep fresh for the season if he isn't too washed
9. Dallas - Porzingis already missing time, Powell missing time, Luka frequently has little nagging injuries, they might be a bad break from underachieving in a malaise of waiting for free agency
10. Memphis - Caught everyone by surprise, but sophomore slumps always loom and JJJ has had problems staying healthy
11. Minnesota - None of their big 3 played together before, and their coach might be worse with rotations than Pop at this stage
12. New Orleans - installing a new coach in a short preseason, with health questions around Zion, age for Reddick ... they might be surpassable

Only teams I'm reasonably sure will be worse:

13. Sacramento - poor roster, injured players
14. OKC - Tank city

It'll take some breaks going the Spurs way if they're going to be in the top 10.

Maybe the Clippers fail with too much load management and losing Harrell and Jamychal ...

Maybe Denver has too much success go to their head complicated by losing Grant and Grumlee ...

Maybe Chris Paul finally falls apart ...

Spurs are probably more likely to be picking 7-11 in the lotto odds than playing a 7 game series unfortunately

Might I interest you in a Gentleman’s bet? San Antonio will be much better this year barring injury/COVID

Dejounte
11-21-2020, 09:17 PM
1. Lakers - the strong got stronger.
2. Denver - they built their team the right way. Jokic is a mega star like Duncan where he makes everything fit around him perfectly.
3. Dallas - Luka is the other mega star. I see him carrying Dallas the same way Harden has done the past 6 or so years.
4. Phoenix - Chris Paul is a leader who elevates the players around him as evidenced by OKC
5. Golden State - i never want to count these guys out
6. Spurs - Depth will carry us through the regular season
7. Clippers - expecting a meltdown for this team to happen.
8. Utah - Gobert and Mitchell will keep the team floor as an 8th seed

9. Memphis - one of those teams with players who need to see failure first before we see them rise
10. New Orleans - I really don't like how this team is put together, but maybe Adams will provide leadership and the team surprises me
11. Minnesota - weak-minded star in Towns
12. Houston - they're in shambles
13. Sacramento - forever suck
14. OKC - wtf are they doing

mo7888
11-21-2020, 09:23 PM
2. Denver - they built their team the right way. Jokic is a mega star like Duncan where he makes everything fit around him perfectly.
3. Dallas - Luka is the other mega star. I see him carrying Dallas the same way Harden has done the past 6 or so years.
4. Phoenix - Chris Paul is a leader who elevates the players around him as evidenced by OKC

9. Memphis - one of those teams with players who need to see failure first before we see them rise
10. New Orleans - I really don't like how this team is put together, but maybe Adams will provide leadership and the team surprises me

Where's Portland

Dejounte
11-21-2020, 09:24 PM
Where's Portland

Wtf youre right. Which team did i list twice??

objective
11-21-2020, 09:31 PM
Might I interest you in a Gentleman’s bet? San Antonio will be much better this year barring injury/COVID

no bets for me.

Feel free to quote-reply in this thread to bring it to the top for people to laugh at me if the Spurs are in the top 8

I think the Spurs will be better, there's been no bigger Bryn-Marco hater than me, I just think some other teams improved or were able to tread water enough

That being said, one thing I wasn't considering was the schedule matrix meaning the SW teams don't have to play the Pacific teams that as much as the Northwest and Pacific teams ... One less game against LAL-LAC-PHO-GS is bound to help the Spurs

Dejounte
11-21-2020, 09:31 PM
Where's Portland

Nevermind, no duplicate.

I would put the Blazers between Utah and Memphis. They would be fighting for that 8th seed.

Seventyniner
11-21-2020, 09:33 PM
Wtf youre right. Which team did i list twice??

There's no duplicate, just that you put the Spurs in the list and others who only had 14 teams left the Spurs out.

TD 21
11-21-2020, 09:42 PM
Obviously subject to change, but at this writing, if we're talking playoff ceiling . . .

Tier 1: Lakers, Clippers
Tier 2: Nuggets, Mavericks
Tier 3: Trail Blazers, Warriors, Jazz, Suns, Rockets
Tier 4: Pelicans, Spurs, Grizzlies, Timberwolves, Kings
Tier 5: Thunder

Order within tiers not all that important.

Mr. Body
11-21-2020, 09:51 PM
Clearly better? Puuh. Not many teams in my book.

Tier 1

Lakers - I dont see any other Team in the West that is a good as them. At least they have to proof it before i give someone else Tier 1 status.

Tier 2

Clippers - On Paper they are strong. But they have to actually deliver. And dont mean beeing 1 or 2 in the Conference, but actually seeing them play like a Contender.
Nuggets - I believe they will be a little better this year and seperate themselves from the pack.
Warriors - Yes even without Klay i believe they have a good Team. I am only surprised that they have not tried to sign a Center. I know they drafted Wiseman, but he is a Rookie. Dont think he can handle the NBA Bigs just yet.

Tier 3

Dallas - They only get better. But i dont believe they are their yet to be a contender.
Utah - Same as for Dallas, but slightly worse i believe.
Houston - I was never high on the Rockets in the first place. Their style of play dont win Champtionships, but you have to respect Hardens ability to put this team on his back. Thats the only reason i am putting them up here.

Tier 4 - The pack, fighting for the bottom PO Seeds.

Portland - Last year was terrible, even though they managed to squeeze into the 8th seed.
Suns - The Addition of CP 3 could be huge if he can recreate his performance with OKC. Their Bubble Play was promising.
Pelicans - Good young core, with a potential superstar.
Spurs - Unlike others, i believe the spurs are better than advertised. The Bubble play was very good, and it showed how the young guys with DDR can play very well together. No forbes or beli should improve the teams win total.
Grizzlies - Overachiever last year, the bubble was brutal for them. Still, they are in the upwards trend so i dont count them out.

Tier 5

Timberwolves - No. Just no. Since the great days of Kevin Love i was waiting for something big, only to be disappointed.
OKC - They have so many picks, they could build a wall with it. But Playerwise they have nothing to compete.
Kings - Same as Timberwolves. Always promising and than falling short.

Summarize:

Spurs are in the hunt, but are not a lock.

Good list, although Houston will sink like arock.

Spurs depend entirely on their 5-7 young perimeter players developing. They're close to the Miami Heat model of slamming people with dynamic attacks from multiple angles. No free agent can be acquired and none will 'fix' the issues. They'll start the season with DDR and LMA and see if trades make sense once teams survey the landscape. I doubt anyone was looking their way yet, especially with Harden and Westbrook available.

Dejounte
11-21-2020, 09:56 PM
Good list, although Houston will sink like arock.

Spurs depend entirely on their 5-7 young perimeter players developing. They're close to the Miami Heat model of slamming people with dynamic attacks from multiple angles. No free agent can be acquired and none will 'fix' the issues. They'll start the season with DDR and LMA and see if trades make sense once teams survey the landscape. I doubt anyone was looking their way yet, especially with Harden and Westbrook available.

You got it. I hope they watched the MJ documentary again. Seems like that had an effect on how hard they go in practice. Or maybe it was the inclusion of Keldon in those practices. Whatever it was, something changed when they did practiced in the bubble as per the interviews during that time.

mo7888
11-21-2020, 10:24 PM
Nevermind, no duplicate.

I would put the Blazers between Utah and Memphis. They would be fighting for that 8th seed.

Gotcha

Mr. Body
11-21-2020, 10:26 PM
You got it. I hope they watched the MJ documentary again. Seems like that had an effect on how hard they go in practice. Or maybe it was the inclusion of Keldon in those practices. Whatever it was, something changed when they did practiced in the bubble as per the interviews during that time.

Right. And unlike a season ago, when we depended entirely on how well White was going to do -- and unfortunately he was down/hurt for much of the season -- we legitimately have several guys whose futures look really exciting and impactful.

itzsoweezee
11-21-2020, 10:29 PM
Easier to just identify the teams that are definitely worse than the spurs: OKC and houston (if they trade harden).

r0drig0lac
11-22-2020, 12:48 AM
1- Clippers (again)/2-Lakers/3-Nuggets/4-Suns/5-Jazz/6-Pelicans/7-Blazers/8-Rockets/9-Warriors/10-Mavs

duncan2k5
11-22-2020, 06:25 AM
Some idiot really said Spurs would be better than the clippers... Sometimes I really hate it here... Ppl like this is why our FO gets no accountability

KobesAchilles
11-22-2020, 09:57 AM
By default we will be better than the Kings and the Wolves, and Thunder. And better than 6 other EC teams as well. That puts us at about the 10th pick overall. LMA and DDR will be gone after that, as well as Gay, and Derrick White will be our oldest player. So when we re-sign Patty Mills, that will be a big reason why.

Even without our vets we will be better than the Wolves and still better than 5 other teams in the East minimum. So even by tanking we are still looking at the 7th or 8th pick. Which means we will have to make a trade in order to move up into the Top 5. This is why it’s important for us get something for our vets THIS year. I don’t care what it is but we need some ammo to move up in 2022 draft. Murray (or Lonnie), 7th pick and 2 additional first round picks is a lot more appealing than just a pick swap.

The Truth #6
11-22-2020, 10:07 AM
If Pop plays the young players and re-creates the energy and magic of the bubble, so to speak, then I will call that a step in the right direction. Obviously, we aren’t a great team right now, but could be better than people think.

duncan2150
11-22-2020, 10:08 AM
Teams that are better than San Antonio : Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Golden State.

Teams that could be better : Houston, Suns, Mavs , Jazz, Blazers.

Teams in the same range : Pels, Grizzlies.

Teams that are worse : Sacramento, OKC, Minny.

duncan2150
11-22-2020, 10:08 AM
If Pop plays the young players and re-creates the energy and magic of the bubble, so to speak, then I will call that a step in the right direction. Obviously, we aren’t a great team right now, but could be better than people think.

I Think the same

Dejounte
11-22-2020, 10:19 AM
Some idiot really said Spurs would be better than the clippers... Sometimes I really hate it here... Ppl like this is why our FO gets no accountability

Then get the fuck out. There's no reason why we can't hope a team with your fucking idol would crash and burn. Stupid Kawhi dick rider.

And quote me next time, you pussy.

dbestpro
11-22-2020, 10:29 AM
Teams that are better than San Antonio : Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Golden State.

swap Warriors with Suns. Warriors are a .500 team. Suns will be better than Utah and Blazers. Houston will crash and miss the playoffs. Pels will rise. Grizzlies will fall flat as they will not be able to sneak up on anyone anymore. Spurs have as good a chance as any to be 5-6 seed.

EasyMoney
11-22-2020, 10:34 AM
This team does not stand a chance against the Lakers, Clippers, and suns

It would be a struggle, but they could, if they play on all cylinders, compete against the mavericks, blazers, and jazz.

They stand a chance against the warriors (no klay, no explosive threat outside of curry.), Timberwolves, pelicans(in my opinion), houston(they don't scare me), grizzlies, nuggets(they more often than not play them well), okc and sacramento

offset formation
11-22-2020, 11:24 AM

Exactly this.

offset formation
11-22-2020, 11:33 AM
This team does not stand a chance against the Lakers, Clippers, and suns

It would be a struggle, but they could, if they play on all cylinders, compete against the mavericks, blazers, and jazz.

They stand a chance against the warriors (no klay, no explosive threat outside of curry.), Timberwolves, pelicans(in my opinion), houston(they don't scare me), grizzlies, nuggets(they more often than not play them well), okc and sacramento

I think even a minor improvement in perimeter D for this team will have drastic impacts on our record. Think how many games we lost because our perimeter defense was primarily relying on, at least in part, Bryn Forbes for significant minutes. Even a minor improvement that funnels those guys into the heart of the defense like the Spurs system is designed to function, you knock off maybe 4 or 5 pts per game from the avg we had last year of 116 or whatever. Getting it closer to 110ppg immediately makes this a more competitive team, and likely one that is at or above .500 again next year. I predict a 5-8 seed, with the most likely being the 6 or 7 seed.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-22-2020, 11:39 AM
I think Spurs finish 10-12th in WCF

K...
11-22-2020, 11:43 AM
By default we will be better than the Kings and the Wolves, and Thunder. And better than 6 other EC teams as well. That puts us at about the 10th pick overall. LMA and DDR will be gone after that, as well as Gay, and Derrick White will be our oldest player. So when we re-sign Patty Mills, that will be a big reason why.

Even without our vets we will be better than the Wolves and still better than 5 other teams in the East minimum. So even by tanking we are still looking at the 7th or 8th pick. Which means we will have to make a trade in order to move up into the Top 5. This is why it’s important for us get something for our vets THIS year. I don’t care what it is but we need some ammo to move up in 2022 draft. Murray (or Lonnie), 7th pick and 2 additional first round picks is a lot more appealing than just a pick swap.

but then there is the lottery. IF SA hovers around the 10 pick they'll get a top 5 in a random year. If they tanked harder they'd have a late top 10 and more likely chance to go top 5. But it's not like the treadmill path is hopeless.

RD2191
11-22-2020, 11:48 AM
:loltbh. retarded ass spurms fans

offset formation
11-22-2020, 11:48 AM
but then there is the lottery. IF SA hovers around the 10 pick they'll get a top 5 in a random year. If they tanked harder they'd have a late top 10 and more likely chance to go top 5. But it's not like the treadmill path is hopeless.

Tanking now just isn't worth it given that a tanking team isn't guaranteed the highest draft pick. Imagine having the 5th or 6th worst record and getting the 11th pick again. It's entirely feasible. The treadmill avenue is not only possible, it's probably the best method given the Spurs' ability to draft above the league year over year. As it is, we have cap space next off-season to try to add to what we have brewing with the young core. And we should continue to get some good picks in the draft hovering near the lottery, which as a reminder, aside from this year, our highest pick since 2000 was #19, which was just last year. Before then, our lowest was routinely in the mid 20s.

K...
11-22-2020, 12:24 PM
additionally, the spurs obviously have assets to trade into the top 5 for a luka like player ii they spot one

Darius Bieber
11-22-2020, 12:25 PM
All of them

BackHome
11-22-2020, 01:02 PM
The next draft class is loaded with Elite talent it is going to take a Kings ransom to move up in that draft that’s why I am praying we are at least in top 5. One good thing going for us is that Pop is notorious for having crazy line ups at the beginning of the season that usually results in early bad record so hoping that happens and the shut the season down and draft picks are determined by that small sample size.

I was really hoping that we could have got an extra pick in the first round for LMA or Derozz as I think that would get us 1 Star player probably at SF and a legit starter at PF/C.

KobesAchilles
11-22-2020, 01:03 PM
Im just saying even if we do tank we won’t be able to out tank the bad East teams. My point mainly is that we NEED those additional first round picks our vets could get us as additional ammo in case we don’t win the lotto

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-23-2020, 12:20 PM

Very true. I'm sure folks on here supporting Pop is the reason why he's still got a job.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-23-2020, 12:24 PM
Now that Forbes is gone I'm filled with renewed hope and optimism that San Antonio can be in the hunt for a playoff spot at year end.

I think a couple of teams will disappoint. Spurs usually zig when others think they'll zag. Since so many folks (myself included) have said that they'll be the 10th-14th best team in the West, I'm going to reverse course and say we'll be battling for the 6 seed this year. Not sure how since this team has so many holes to fill, no proven wing defenders, a super young core, non-clutch vets, etc. Consider it just the drunken stupor I'm in after learning I didn't have to watch Bryn Forbes trot out with the starters this year. Six seed here we come!!! Oh yeah!!

RC_Drunkford
11-23-2020, 12:51 PM
Now that Forbes is gone I'm filled with renewed hope and optimism that San Antonio can be in the hunt for a playoff spot at year end.

I think a couple of teams will disappoint. Spurs usually zig when others think they'll zag. Since so many folks (myself included) have said that they'll be the 10th-14th best team in the West, I'm going to reverse course and say we'll be battling for the 6 seed this year. Not sure how since this team has so many holes to fill, no proven wing defenders, a super young core, non-clutch vets, etc. Consider it just the drunken stupor I'm in after learning I didn't have to watch Bryn Forbes trot out with the starters this year. Six seed here we come!!! Oh yeah!!

I mean when we signed Morris last year, everybody here thought we'd be somewhere between 3rd and 6th seed. And Pop cost us about 15 games at least with his Bryn Forbes and Marco Belinelli line ups. Factor in the short preseason and the Spurs might have an advantage bringing back almost the same exact team. Defense will be much better. They definitely in the hunt for a playoff spot and should surprise some people. It just depends on how much better the young guys got during the offseason. And if Popovich plays the right line ups. I don't want to start the season with a Murray/Mills starting back court.

Prime BEEF
11-23-2020, 01:04 PM
I think Spurs finish 10-12th in WCF
Assuming the FO makes no trades, yes I agree. 10th seed is about right. Should get an ok pick in 2021 draft. Could pair that pick with one of our young guards and move up the draft to get a big man

John B
11-23-2020, 01:18 PM

I will agree on this, but I will put Portland in place of Golden State. Golden State will tank for the better draft next year and continue the rebuilt. The bubble was a revelation. Keldon is a stud, along with Spurs athletic youth. They will not miss a defensive beat with Vassell/Diop substituting instead of Bryn/Beli (I sincerely hope they start Vassell asap). I'm rooting for Murray to be better and not get eclipsed by Vassell. But Vassell is the better shooter and ultimately the best 3 and D of the team. White/Vassell/Keldon will feast on smaller guards. Vassell/Keldon can ultimately switch on anybody. If Vassell continues to improve, I will put Spurs top 3 towards the end of the season.

Spurs at 3 towards the end of the season! :flag:

ginobilized
11-23-2020, 06:09 PM
Every season at least one team implodes or has injuries while another overachieves. Hopefully the Spurs are not the former.

We are definitely not in that Western Conference upper tier, yet. Debatable as to whether we can sneak into the 2nd tier.
On paper, I feel so much better about this team than last year's squad.
That team almost made the playoffs. Execution and continuity may be a problem, but, that's why the vets are still here.
I expect the defense, scrappiness and overall energy to be exciting and possibly surprisingly successful this year.

Joseph Kony
11-23-2020, 06:15 PM
it's hard to say at this point. If one of our youth players takes a huge step next season, that could really shake things up.

I think these teams are clearly ahead of spurs playoff wise:

LAL
LAC
DEN
DAL
PHX
POR

Houston is a question mark with the Harden trade demand, so who knows where they end up. They added Wood and Cousins so if they trade Harden to Brooklyn for LaVert, Dinwiddie and pieces they may still be a playoff team. So that leaves MAYBE 1-2 spots open for the playoff.

I think Memphis overperformed last year and will regress a bit win wise this season. New Orleans i don't see making the playoffs unless Zion or Ingram take a huge leap next year. Sacramento has a decent team on paper but their coaching sucks and their FO is ass, so wouldnt be surprised if they suck. OKC will bottom out. T-Wolves will probably still suck. GS is a question mark also without Klay, but I think they will make it over the other teams mentioned.

sadly it looks like our hope is to once again make it as an 8th seed and not get swept in the first round :lmao :lmao

cd021
11-23-2020, 07:34 PM

How is Golden State better? No chance Houston will be. Their chemistry issues are going to be disastrous if they don't trade Westbrook and Harden. Dallas an MVP candidate-- something the Spurs definitely don't have.

joeyjfive
11-23-2020, 08:51 PM
How is Golden State better? No chance Houston will be. Their chemistry issues are going to be disastrous if they don't trade Westbrook and Harden. Dallas an MVP candidate-- something the Spurs definitely don't have.

You answered your own question there brother, GS has a MVP candidate as well.

Prime BEEF
11-23-2020, 09:12 PM
Think a lot of people are sleeping on New Orleans. They lost holiday but they added Adams, Lewis Jr and Bledsoe. I think Adams really improves their team and fills a need and takes pressure off Zion down low. Baring injuries of course...think New Orleans could finish as high as 5th in the west. Definitely think they make the playoffs.

Thomas82
11-23-2020, 09:36 PM
Assuming the FO makes no trades, yes I agree. 10th seed is about right. Should get an ok pick in 2021 draft. Could pair that pick with one of our young guards and move up the draft to get a big man

Since we didn't get Wiseman this year, I want Evan Mobley next year.

PhantomDashCam
11-23-2020, 09:41 PM
Think a lot of people are sleeping on New Orleans. They lost holiday but they added Adams, Lewis Jr and Bledsoe. I think Adams really improves their team and fills a need and takes pressure off Zion down low. Baring injuries of course...think New Orleans could finish as high as 5th in the west. Definitely think they make the playoffs.

I’m not sure Adams lasts the season with them. Seems to be a form of dissonance between the way on paper they should play based on the guards, Zion, Hayes and Ingram; and what Adams brings to the table.
Interested to see how it works out for them.

BackHome
11-23-2020, 09:55 PM
It will be interesting in Houston with Cousins and Wood they either going to do good or just implode and wondering which player Cousins will mess up Harden or Westbrook?

cd021
11-23-2020, 10:12 PM
You answered your own question there brother, GS has a MVP candidate as well.

Dallas actually has a really good second option, GSW's 2nd best player is Draymond, without Klay. He had a really bad season last season.

talkspurs
11-23-2020, 10:45 PM
Dallas actually has a really good second option, GSW's 2nd best player is Draymond, without Klay. He had a really bad season last season.

Oubre is a really good player. Would not put him on Klays level but not much below. He will look even better with Steph.

Prime BEEF
11-24-2020, 01:13 AM
Since we didn't get Wiseman this year, I want Evan Mobley next year.
That would be a good pickup

cd021
11-24-2020, 03:44 AM
Oubre is a really good player. Would not put him on Klays level but not much below. He will look even better with Steph.

Oubre isn't anywhere near healthy Klay, you can't really be saying that. I think they have a lot of depth and their starting unit has a lot of question marks.

What are they getting out of Wiggins? What are they getting out of Wiseman? What about Oubre? Will Dray bounce back or will he continue to play like shit? Also, will Curry return to MVP levels or will he just be very good.

At least the Spurs have less questions, they should be good on offense and much improved on defense.

Thomas82
11-24-2020, 06:13 AM
That would be a good pickup

Most definitely!! I'll be keeping a close eye on him this season.

RC_Drunkford
11-24-2020, 06:16 AM

I'm not sure, their spacing should be really bad. Adams, Bledsoe and Zion can't shoot 3s at a reasonable clip. That would make it easy to defend them

Bill Walton Saga
11-29-2020, 02:05 AM
Trail Blazers
Lakers
Jazz
Nuggets
Clippers
Mavs
Suns
Rockets

mookie2001
11-29-2020, 02:08 AM
Mavericks are in for a down year I don’t think they’re clearly better than anyone esp with Porzingus 6-8 weeks away from walking again. And Utah please every year with the Utah stuff and they keep doing Utah stuff. The two most non threatening franchises of all time.

daslicer
11-29-2020, 02:23 AM
Mavericks are in for a down year I don’t think they’re clearly better than anyone esp with Porzingus 6-8 weeks away from walking again. And Utah please every year with the Utah stuff and they keep doing Utah stuff. The two most non threatening franchises of all time.

They will make the playoffs but they are going to be a treadmill team for a long time with Donovan/Gobert. Those 2 guys don't have it in them to make the Jazz a contender.

Ignazzz
11-29-2020, 05:58 AM
Jazz and mavs are much better then spurs

tbdog
11-29-2020, 08:21 AM
Jazz and mavs are much better then spurs

They are. But Mavs are on the crisp of losing out. Luka misses 2 weeks on a home stand against bad teams, all of a sudden they are in strife. And you can say the same for any other west team, but Mavs have lost their second-best player for 8 weeks. On a 72 game season, an injury at the wrong time at the start of the season for the mavs, could be disastrous.

dbestpro
11-29-2020, 03:15 PM
For me the question is "Are the Spurs of 21 better than the Spurs of 19-20?" To that, I have to think it is a resounding, "Yes!"

KobesAchilles
11-29-2020, 03:19 PM
For me the question is "Are the Spurs of 21 better than the Spurs of 19-20?" To that, I have to think it is a resounding, "Yes!"
I’m more worried about the coaching than the talent. We have the talent to make the playoffs. Will the coaching be better than last year? That remains to be seen

rudwick
11-30-2020, 03:44 PM
Then get the fuck out. There's no reason why we can't hope a team with your fucking idol would crash and burn. Stupid Kawhi dick rider.

And quote me next time, you pussy.

Exactly. And, Kwhitter is due for his next season-ending bruised vagina at any moment.

Poolboy5623
11-30-2020, 03:57 PM
Would be much easier to list the teams that the Spurs are better than.. its not a long list tbh

KobesAchilles
11-30-2020, 04:13 PM
Would be much easier to list the teams that the Spurs are better than.. its not a long list tbh
Wolves, Kings, Thunder, annnnnnnnd.....?

Prime BEEF
11-30-2020, 04:31 PM
Yes, wolves, kings, thunder and maybe Houston depending on if the trade Westbrook and/or harden

Seventyniner
11-30-2020, 04:54 PM

Pelicans, they took a step backwards. Golden State is a dark horse here; if Curry gets a minor injury he might take his time coming back. Another major injury gives them a repeat of last season.

I also think Memphis overachieved last season. They very well could again, but they might fall back to where pre-bubble SRS had them (just behind the Spurs).

GreekSpursfan
11-30-2020, 05:19 PM
Assuming all healthy and zero locker room issues, teams better than us are: Lakers, Clippers, Mavs, Portland, Nuggets, Jazz, Suns, Rockets. Huge health question marks: Mavs(Porzingis), Clippers(Nephew, might need to shoulder a bigger load), Portland(Dame coming of an injury), Suns( Paul, things went well last season but he's getting up there in age and he is injury prone), Lakers( LeBron, age, too many miles). Locker room and other stuff: Houston(they appear to be a mess, we'll see), Nuggets(lost a few defensive pieces, lost some depth).
Realistically we're a borderline playoff team that won't make it which means only one think, TANK.

The Truth #6
11-30-2020, 05:42 PM
We will likely be there for the play in tournament, and who knows what will happen. I don’t see Pop tanking in that situation as the young players are better than almost all the old players, and it would be strange to only play the expiring veterans.

Dejounte
01-13-2021, 05:03 PM

9. Portland - Pretenders
10. Memphis - one of those teams with players who need to see failure first before we see them rise
11. New Orleans - I really don't like how this team is put together, but maybe Adams will provide leadership and the team surprises me
12. Minnesota - weak-minded star in Towns
13. Houston - they're in shambles
14. Sacramento - forever suck
15. OKC - wtf are they doing

Aside from the actual seeding, I have the top 8 correct so far.

I think I'll keep Houston as a bottom feeder.

Any changes to your predictions?

Edit: Blazers are actually in the top 8 right now. Whoops

GreekSpursfan
01-13-2021, 05:17 PM
Aside from the actual seeding, I have the top 8 correct so far.

I think I'll keep Houston as a bottom feeder.

Any changes to your predictions?

I strongly disagree about Portland if all their roster is healthy. The way things are now its Lakers, Clippers, Dallas, Nuggets, Utah, Portland, Phoenix not necessarily in that order and we will fight for the 8th seed with GS and NO. I still think we should be tanking but whatever.

KobesAchilles
01-13-2021, 06:41 PM
I’m expecting to get shat on and bumped by Dejounte any moment :lol

Atl Spur
01-14-2021, 03:14 PM
I love it!

spurraider21
01-14-2021, 03:27 PM
chris paul continues to be underrated for whatever reason. still cant believe Houston gave up picks in addition to paul for westbrook lmao

exstatic
01-14-2021, 03:30 PM
chris paul continues to be underrated for whatever reason. still cant believe Houston gave up picks in addition to paul for westbrook lmao

That trade will haunt them. They gave up picks, AND pick swaps, which looked worthless at the time from a team with two All Stars. They now have neither of those players, and look to be headed for the shit house.

Atl Spur
01-14-2021, 04:09 PM
Where are all those arm chair GM’s from earlier in this thread and other ST threads????

NASpurs
01-14-2021, 04:23 PM
Where are all those arm chair GM’s from earlier in this thread and other ST threads????

Calling people out after ten games, calm your fat tits :lol