MoSpur02
11-22-2020, 01:16 PM
Two-way contract. Not bad. I liked his defense and aggressiveness to the basket

Dejounte
11-22-2020, 01:18 PM
Yes!

exstatic
11-22-2020, 01:29 PM
I liked what I saw in the bubble. If our starting lineup improves with the departure of Forbes, our bench could be elite. They were always digging us out of deep holes, but they may have the opportunity to take us from even to ahead, or ahead to way ahead. We’ve got two backup PGs in Q and Tre that can pretty well lockup NBA backup PGs.

Dejounte
11-22-2020, 01:33 PM
Q can guard wings as well since he's so strong, gets in position correctly, and has long arms.

So underrated by Spurs fans.

LongtimeSpursFan
11-22-2020, 01:34 PM
He sucks. A taller version of Forbes

Dejounte
11-22-2020, 01:34 PM

We know who doesn't watch the Spurs.

Joseph Kony
11-22-2020, 01:36 PM
a guy who plays defense should never be mentioned in the same sentence with Forbes

Dejounte
11-22-2020, 01:38 PM
https://youtu.be/jNJwpfsi9bM

Watch the defensive play in the first clip. He's pretty fucking good.

GAustex
11-22-2020, 01:38 PM
The Q fluffers may be right. I have not seen enough of Q to say one way or the other-tho-IMO

Dejounte
11-22-2020, 01:39 PM
https://youtu.be/jNJwpfsi9bM

Watch the defensive play in the first clip. He's pretty fucking good.

He straight up abuses the ball handler at 1:09

BillMc
11-22-2020, 01:40 PM
Glad to hear it.

Dejounte
11-22-2020, 01:43 PM
https://youtu.be/ncUGX-ajRyw

Dejounte
11-22-2020, 01:43 PM
He's a Marcus Smart-type player.

RC_Drunkford
11-22-2020, 01:54 PM
Quindary can be a decent back up guard. Good defender and was the go-to-guy on his college team. The guy can shoot. Definitely would like to keep him long term

LurkingSpursFan
11-22-2020, 01:55 PM
Always like Q...Could become a solid bench player if he improve his 3 pt shot.

Dejounte
11-22-2020, 01:57 PM
Q ... 6'3" height with 6'9" wingspan

Marcus Smart... 6'3" height with 6'9" wingspan

exstatic
11-22-2020, 02:00 PM
They found him at Portsmouth, a year after they found White there.

r0drig0lac
11-22-2020, 02:14 PM
good

SpursDynasty85
11-22-2020, 02:19 PM
He always looked composed out on the floor his first year. Hopefully he adds those NBA skills like defense and 3 ball into his game and he would be a fine backup. Good guy for Tre Jones to compete with.

LongtimeSpursFan
11-22-2020, 02:20 PM
We know who doesn't watch the Spurs.

i haven’t missed a game in 34 years. He’s slow footed and no offensive burst. Can’t really make a play on his own.

BacktoBasics
11-22-2020, 02:24 PM
i haven’t missed a game in 34 years. He’s slow footed and no offensive burst. Can’t really make a play on his own.

I would agree he’s a bit Mario Elie-ish but he has all the makings of solid glue type player. I’d rather have that than a guy like Forbes.

exstatic
11-22-2020, 02:27 PM
Poop gave Bryn the minimum in 2017 which was 520kish and Spoon gets fucked...... Maybe its the luxery thing... but godamm I'm still besides myself.....

There were no two way contracts then, or he would have been on one.

MoSpur02
11-22-2020, 02:32 PM
https://youtu.be/ncUGX-ajRyw

At the 45 second mark or so he fights through the screen and forces his guy into a horrible shot. He got called for a foul, but that really wasn’t a good foul call. I think he is a solid bench player who doesn’t mind playing defense, which is already an upgrade over Forbes.

BackHome
11-22-2020, 02:45 PM
So who is better Q or Trey?

exstatic
11-22-2020, 02:51 PM
So who is better Q or Trey?

Trey. It’s just good to have multiple options.

timvp
11-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Good news. Q is a good prospect for a two-way. I'm already confident he's good enough defensively to be an NBA player. He's strong, hard-headed and moves his feet well enough to defend players of various sizes. For being as short as he is, I wouldn't put it past him to basically evolve into a player who can defend wings a la Marcus Smart. Offensively? I'm far from sold. He doesn't have much vertical pop, which will hurt him finishing wise. I don't see plus quickness and his jumper is flat. But Q is really tough so I wouldn't put it past him to evolve into like a miniature Jerome Kersey who thrives due to determination and will. His ceiling is probably a fourth guard but he'd be a valuable bench cog if he reaches his potential. There's probably a sub-50% chance that he's still in the NBA in two years but there are avenues for him to make it -- which is about all you can ask out of a two-way player.

Worst case scenario, Q adds more toughness, defense and fearlessness for another season :tu

ceperez
11-22-2020, 04:30 PM
I guess Spurs 2-way contracts will be Weatherspoon and Tres Jones.

timtonymanu
11-22-2020, 04:43 PM
I’m still rooting for this guy.

The Truth #6
11-22-2020, 05:12 PM
Good news. Q is a good prospect for a two-way. I'm already confident he's good enough defensively to be an NBA player. He's strong, hard-headed and moves his feet well enough to defend players of various sizes. For being as short as he is, I wouldn't put it past him to basically evolve into a player who can defend wings a la Marcus Smart. Offensively? I'm far from sold. He doesn't have much vertical pop, which will hurt him finishing wise. I don't see plus quickness and his jumper is flat. But Q is really tough so I wouldn't put it past him to evolve into like a miniature Jerome Kersey who thrives due to determination and will. His ceiling is probably a fourth guard but he'd be a valuable bench cog if he reaches his potential. There's probably a sub-50% chance that he's still in the NBA in two years but there are avenues for him to make it -- which is about all you can ask out of a two-way player.

Worst case scenario, Q adds more toughness, defense and fearlessness for another season :tu

And hopefully he adds some competition for minutes. It’s not a stretch to see him become Pop’s pet as a way to motivate the more talented players to do better and earn more minutes.

phxspurfan
11-22-2020, 05:26 PM
2 way, knows the system, 15th man...hustles, plays D (not fake D) ...fine w me

ginobilized
11-22-2020, 05:47 PM
He's a dawg. Perfect signing. BTW, Forbes is gone!!!!!
This team is going to be fun to watch.

Rummpd
11-22-2020, 06:48 PM
Another nothing move by a FO that used to be stellar.

SequSpur
11-22-2020, 07:53 PM
Lmao at Exstatic. Foh, this dude isn’t very good

RC_Drunkford
11-23-2020, 11:39 AM
Although he lacks footspeed and athleticism, Quindary can at least shoot the 3 and has some playmaking ability. He knows how to run a pick & roll and is a good passer. Besides him being strong and being able to guard forwards as well, he should at least become a serviceable 3-and-D player.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-23-2020, 12:27 PM
Limited player, but at least he plays D.

Bruce Bowen was one of my favorite Spurs because of the defensive tenacity he brought every night. I love watching guys get after it on defense. If nothing else, this year's team should be a lot more fun to watch than last year.

John B
11-23-2020, 12:40 PM
Q is bullish and will not backdown, a pleasant change from Bryn/Mills, except Mills would take the charge. Regardless, I see the Spurs fighting for every possession. Q and Tre as backup PGs is pretty solid. This might be unpopular, but I would start Vassell over Murray for obvious reason. Vassell is a better shooter and potentially better 2way than Murray.

White, Murray, Quindarry
Vassell, Lonnie, Mills,
Demar, Keldon, Diop
Aldridge, Gay, Luka
Poeltl, Eubanks

The small ball would be even nastier:
White
Vassell
Keldon
Demar
Aldridge

RC_Drunkford
11-23-2020, 03:14 PM
Q is bullish and will not backdown, a pleasant change from Bryn/Mills, except Mills would take the charge. Regardless, I see the Spurs fighting for every possession. Q and Tre as backup PGs is pretty solid. This might be unpopular, but I would start Vassell over Murray for obvious reason. Vassell is a better shooter and potentially better 2way than Murray.

White, Murray, Quindarry
Vassell, Lonnie, Mills,
Demar, Keldon, Diop
Aldridge, Gay, Luka
Poeltl, Eubanks

The small ball would be even nastier:
White
Vassell
Keldon
Demar
Aldridge

I would too, because Vassell is an offball shooter, similar to the role Forbes was playing last year (although he wasn't really good at it) and his help defense would be nice to have in the starting line up. I totally see Pop starting Murray/Mills though

Dejounte
11-23-2020, 03:28 PM
I would too, because Vassell is an offball shooter, similar to the role Forbes was playing last year (although he wasn't really good at it) and his help defense would be nice to have in the starting line up. I totally see Pop starting Murray/Mills though

Get the hell out of here with that Murray / Mills bad juju. I just got fucking chills.

GAustex
11-23-2020, 03:44 PM
Oh yeah poop has it in him to roll with patty as a major contributor.
I would trade patty ASAP. Without Manu and Tim he is just not that effective

Chomag
11-23-2020, 07:56 PM
Like the guy but I'm still confused why we have so many guards

SequSpur
11-23-2020, 09:45 PM
Dumb

Mr. Body
11-23-2020, 11:42 PM
Like the guy but I'm still confused why we have so many guards

Because they're all young and we don't know which ones are the best fits yet.

DesignatedT
11-23-2020, 11:53 PM
Don’t understand Pop forcing Murray into the SL so early. White has always been the superior PG and needs to start there. Murray need to come off the bench and take on the Manu 6th man role.

RC_Drunkford
11-24-2020, 06:12 AM
I dont get this board, benefactor says something... and it becomes cannon

How can a guy who was 207 lbs at the combine and who ran the 3 quarter court sprint in 3.16 seconds with a 31 inch standing and 38 in Max leap can be called "un-athletic" ?Especially by dudes on this board. its is beyond me.

Sure there are guys who can run under 3 and some who have 40 plus but man you're really speaking out of turn here when you attempt to make those observations and judgments and expect reasonable people to continue to take yous seriously.

WOW!!!

Damn those are his combine numbers? I haven't looked into them, but if that's the case then this shouldn't be a problem at all

R. DeMurre
11-24-2020, 11:39 AM
Some people were saying the same about D White-- that his fundamentals were good, and helped to overcome "average" athleticism. Except White's combine numbers were outstanding: three-quarter sprint time of 3.08 (97th percentile historically) and standing vertical leap at 35.5 (99th percentile historically).

Sugus
11-24-2020, 01:53 PM
Some people were saying the same about D White-- that his fundamentals were good, and helped to overcome "average" athleticism. Except White's combine numbers were outstanding: three-quarter sprint time of 3.08 (97th percentile historically) and standing vertical leap at 35.5 (99th percentile historically).

A big part of this is the widely-held beliefs that white => unathletic, and jumping => athleticism.

R. DeMurre
11-24-2020, 02:34 PM
A big part of this is the widely-held beliefs that white => unathletic, and jumping => athleticism.

I don't get what you mean-- are you saying those are myths, or that those beliefs have weight? It's true a player could have great jumping ability, but not necessarily be agile. But I think in White's case, excelling at all of the combine times shows something else.

Sugus
11-24-2020, 09:40 PM
I don't get what you mean-- are you saying those are myths, or that those beliefs have weight? It's true a player could have great jumping ability, but not necessarily be agile. But I think in White's case, excelling at all of the combine times shows something else.

They're definitely part myth, and widely-held misguided/obtuse views. You make my point, and as we were discussing, White had impressive combine outings yet isn't considered athletic by many - as is Spoon. I'm in the camp that both are great athletes and deserve a spot on the roster, can't wait to see them improve next season.

R. DeMurre
11-24-2020, 10:49 PM
They're definitely part myth, and widely-held misguided/obtuse views. You make my point, and as we were discussing, White had impressive combine outings yet isn't considered athletic by many - as is Spoon. I'm in the camp that both are great athletes and deserve a spot on the roster, can't wait to see them improve next season.

Ah, gotcha... yeah, totally agree.

RC_Drunkford
11-25-2020, 11:44 AM
my comments were more so directed at the things TimVP was pointing out. Maybe it was his knee injury, but on film he doesn't look to be that fast or athletic. The combine numbers are good, so the jury is still out, but I think off his skillset alone he can find a niche in the NBA