PDA

View Full Version : Bulls: Was MJ the Most Easily Triggered Superstar Ever?

DMC
11-24-2020, 01:22 PM
When he went off, he was destructive, but even a rookie like Bryon Russell set him off for his entire life. Did this guy have the biggest chip on his shoulder of all time? Even now when asked he'll start almost crying talking about how Malone got the MVP. Some call it competitiveness, but was it developed because he was a runt and had sand kicked in his face by the man he had killed?

Discuss

lefty
11-24-2020, 01:29 PM
Insecure phaggot who released a documentary and cherry picked every moment to look good :lol

Invented an obvious fake pizza story , WTF :lmao, at least try to make it credible and not like it was an X-Files episode

lefty
11-24-2020, 01:30 PM
I have to give Jordan credit where credit is due : he gave us some of the best GIFs and memes

Chucho
11-24-2020, 01:31 PM
He's Black Donald Trump for a reason.

Degenerate that is completely unlikeable because they are an abrasive prick incapable of the most minute criticisms.

Did one thing well and spent the rest of his life trading off that one thing and selling it to poor, uneducated tools and their modern day fortune comes off the backs of slaves.

Chucho
11-24-2020, 01:35 PM
I have to give Jordan credit where credit is due : he gave us some of the GIFs and memes

Don't forget the shoes. He makes shoes that are 1,000% marked up with a massively disproportionate amount of it's billion dollar advertising budget aimed at poor, urban markets.

lefty
11-24-2020, 01:37 PM
Don't forget the shoes. He makes shoes that are 1,000% marked up with a massively disproportionate amount of it's billion dollar advertising budget aimed at poor, urban markets.
Fuck his shoes, they are a scam, I thought I could dunk wearing Air Jordans but I couldn't

KobesAchilles
11-24-2020, 02:23 PM
Fuck his shoes, they are a scam, I thought I could dunk wearing Air Jordans but I couldn't
I was wearing KDs the first time I dunked.

Chucho
11-24-2020, 02:42 PM

My first regulation dunk came freshman year at 5'8 wearing a pair of Birkenstock clogs.

Neo.
11-24-2020, 02:55 PM

i wore tmacs my first (and only) time lol

lefty
11-24-2020, 03:43 PM
BRB, gonna buy some Air Domino Beta Max

Play Boban
11-24-2020, 03:50 PM
My first regulation dunk came freshman year at 5'8 wearing a pair of Birkenstock clogs.
Sure it did

Chucho
11-24-2020, 03:56 PM
Sure it did

It did.

Spurtacular
11-24-2020, 10:54 PM
Sure it did

Play Boban
11-25-2020, 12:41 PM
It did.
Prove It

koriwhat
11-25-2020, 02:47 PM
Insecure phaggot who released a documentary and cherry picked every moment to look good :lol

Invented an obvious fake pizza story , WTF :lmao, at least try to make it credible and not like it was an X-Files episode

at the end of the day he's still the greatest of all time and that's hard for me to say considering duncan. duncan held his own, crushed his competition, won his rings, put teams on his back, made those around him better, and held himself to a higher standard unlike any other superstar. with that said, jordan was just different and made the game exciting to not just the USA but the rest of the world. he was an asshole but you can't take away the fact that he's the pinnacle of bball.

lefty
11-25-2020, 03:32 PM
at the end of the day he's still the greatest of all time and that's hard for me to say considering duncan. duncan held his own, crushed his competition, won his rings, put teams on his back, made those around him better, and held himself to a higher standard unlike any other superstar. with that said, jordan was just different and made the game exciting to not just the USA but the rest of the world. he was an asshole but you can't take away the fact that he's the pinnacle of bball.
Jordan needed Stern to protect him and the NBA to be diluted in order to win

Not reallt GOATy stuff tbh

Rummpd
11-25-2020, 03:32 PM
Need

With Respect the true greatest is Kareem Abdul Jabbar with same number MVPs and titles as Jordan and was even more unstoppable as a force through HS to pro.

DMC
11-25-2020, 03:46 PM
:lol I knew that would trigger Lefty!

lefty
11-25-2020, 03:51 PM
:lol I knew that would trigger Lefty!
From that moment, it became personal

DMC
11-25-2020, 04:00 PM
From that moment, it became personal

The way the steak was prepared with diamond grill marks instead of the parallel lines, I took that as a sign of disrespect.

The way the porter left paper in the floor of my Benz, I took that personal. I still to this day, if I ever see him, I'm going at him.

It really makes you wonder about his father's demise.

lefty
11-25-2020, 04:08 PM
It really makes you wonder about his father's demise.
:lol

Bynumite
11-25-2020, 06:35 PM
Still would rather have someone with MJ's personality on my team than Harden types, who immediately hit the nearest strip joint after a playoff loss.

Besides, a lot of the shit these all time greats do and say is brand building more than anything else.

ambchang
11-25-2020, 06:51 PM
Befriending Oakley so that he can have a bodyguard
Treats Cartwright like trash because Oakley got traded for him
Cartwright threatened to break both of his legs and he cowered like a little girl
Continue to befriend Oakley so that oak wouldn’t hit him as hard in the playoffs.
Riding parish hard and having the chief telling him to shut up
Punching Kerr but when Kerr fought back he cowered. Again.
A bully coward and a psychopath all rolled into one.

koriwhat
11-25-2020, 06:59 PM
Need

With Respect the true greatest is Kareem Abdul Jabbar with same number MVPs and titles as Jordan and was even more unstoppable as a force through HS to pro.

i remember kareem however i was too young to fully appreciate the player he was. it must be a generational thing at the end of the day then because most kids today would say lebron is the goat while i still maintain that jordan is.

Rummpd
11-25-2020, 08:11 PM
i remember kareem however i was too young to fully appreciate the player he was. it must be a generational thing at the end of the day then because most kids today would say lebron is the goat while i still maintain that jordan is.

Fair point I can accept strong case for Jordan but not for a 4-6 finalist who had to create super teams to win most of his titles including recent sham **bubble joke of a chip. Kareem is the forgotten great great but he had the most unstoppable shot and also was a strong defender. Give me Jordan or Kareem or Duncan over peripatetic LaRoid any day starting team.

FrostKing
11-25-2020, 08:32 PM
Need

Can't go wrong with either one

Kareem had a passive attitude though and it cost him. He should have drowned in Championships playing in 70s NBA. But was possibly victim of the same counter-culture that hurt the rest of the League and society.

Kareem's physical skills + Jordan's mentality is ideal combo

Mitch
11-25-2020, 08:47 PM
Big ego, didn't allow anybody to challenge his belief that he was the best thing to ever step on the court. That ego sometimes went outside of just playing ball and he forgets he isn't physically intimidating so you got him backing away from fights :lol

Great player, shit person tbh

koriwhat
11-25-2020, 10:14 PM
Give me Jordan or Kareem or Duncan over peripatetic LaRoid any day starting team.

all fair points but that last line is the definite truth! :tu

lefty
11-25-2020, 10:19 PM
yep

A few years ago, Dr J was asked what his all time starting 5 was
He didn’t mention Bird, Magic, LeBron, Demar DeJordan , etc

His 5 has players he watched growing up, so it’s a generational/sentimental thing

FrostKing
11-26-2020, 02:42 AM
yep

A few years ago, Dr J was asked what his all time starting 5 was
He didn’t mention Bird, Magic, LeBron, Demar DeJordan , etc

His 5 has players he watched growing up, so it’s a generational/sentimental thing
Dr.J is an extreme. He is bitter for being the odd man out overshadowed in the Golden Age of NBA. His list was political and clearly made its point with you.

No one today had to watch Babe Ruth to have him on their list, nor Muhammad Ali. Gretzky carries the same respect with today's NHL youth

lefty
11-26-2020, 09:21 AM
Dr.J is an extreme. He is bitter for being the odd man out overshadowed in the Golden Age of NBA. His list was political and clearly made its point with you.

No one today had to watch Babe Ruth to have him on their list, nor Muhammad Ali. Gretzky carries the same respect with today's NHL youth
He's not

He clearly appreciates today's NBA players, but he won't change his favorite 5, nothing wrong with that

Oscar Robertson and Jordan on the other hand.....

FrostKing
11-26-2020, 06:26 PM
Also a cheap tipper till this day and doesn't give money to busking beggars and charities. He is a Five tool complete shit.
https://i.ibb.co/LxGfYQP/20201126-152525.jpg

lefty
11-27-2020, 12:30 AM
lmao at FrostKing, do better

Chucho
11-27-2020, 11:45 AM
Dikemebe Mutombo and David Robinson have donated 10s and 10s of millions of dollars more than Michael Jordan and they're only worth a fraction of what Jordan is.

Great men truly do go unnoticed in this world and the biggest sacks of shit attract the most flies. Indictment on society as much as anything else.

Play Boban
11-27-2020, 01:09 PM

Babe Ruth would be lucky to hit .200 in today’s mlb tbh

Rummpd
11-27-2020, 02:46 PM
Babe Ruth would be lucky to hit .200 in today’s mlb tbh

Obviously you have never done your research as it has been rumored he was of part African ancestry and he would have thrived in any era and could have pitched as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blackenterprise.com/babe-ruth-black/amp/

Arcadian
11-27-2020, 04:18 PM
A lot of highly successful people are borderline psychopathic.

Play Boban
11-29-2020, 12:38 PM
Obviously you have never done your research as it has been rumored he was of part African ancestry and he would have thrived in any era and could have pitched as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blackenterprise.com/babe-ruth-black/amp/
I disagree. He didn’t have the power or athleticism, or the quick reflexes. Today’s fastballs would blow him away. He would strikeout every at bat. Babe Ruth hit fastballs that were slower than today’s high schoolers throw.

Rummpd
11-29-2020, 04:20 PM
I disagree. He didn’t have the power or athleticism, or the quick reflexes. Today’s fastballs would blow him away. He would strikeout every at bat. Babe Ruth hit fastballs that were slower than today’s high schoolers throw.

You do not know baseball - fastballers have not made great strides. Walter Johnson for one topped 100 decades ago.. Not sure where you getting this misinformation but Ruth would dominate in any era to think not is a joke.

i'm_still_beta
11-29-2020, 04:26 PM
Yes. MJ was easily the Most Easily Triggered Superstar Ever. He woudn't be able to handle tough social media era. Would be destroyed by superteams and become cancer like Kobe past 2011. /thread

DMC
11-29-2020, 05:52 PM
You do not know baseball - fastballers have not made great strides. Walter Johnson for one topped 100 decades ago.. Not sure where you getting this misinformation but Ruth would dominate in any era to think not is a joke.

Ruth wouldn't make a team today. Let's be honest.

FrostKing
11-29-2020, 10:15 PM
lmao at FrostKing (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=51741), do better
Brotha you wearing Jordans as you typed this

Rummpd
11-30-2020, 06:22 AM
Ruth wouldn't make a team today. Let's be honest.

What are you guys on? Ruth was not only a great slugger but a also a great pitcher. He would have made a team in a least that regard. Obviously he would be required to work out a little more and work out some but the guy was an ox and quite an athlete despite appearances.

https://bellyupsports.com/2019/04/babe-ruth-a-better-athlete-than-any-modern-player/

lefty
11-30-2020, 07:43 AM
Well baseball is not a sport so Ruth would have made it today

DMC
11-30-2020, 04:05 PM
What are you guys on? Ruth was not only a great slugger but a also a great pitcher. He would have made a team in a least that regard. Obviously he would be required to work out a little more and work out some but the guy was an ox and quite an athlete despite appearances.

https://bellyupsports.com/2019/04/babe-ruth-a-better-athlete-than-any-modern-player/

There are a lot of pitchers who can throw a hundred mile an hour fastball. Ruth cannot do that. He also didn't deal with some of the wild shit these guys throw these days. I don't think he would have made it. Couple that with his lifestyle and I'm sure he's out. He's probably a Bob Horner level player these days

Play Boban
12-01-2020, 10:43 AM
Babe Ruth would get drafted in the 30th round, spend a couple years in A ball, and quit. He has no skill in modern context. Plus he’s fat.