PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: **Debunking the “Tim Duncan had a flawless career” narrative once and for all**

LkrFan
11-28-2020, 07:15 AM
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332448952700919808?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332449454339756032?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332451865464774657?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332452301798195200?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332452634674925568?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332453520709062657?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332453625998655489?s=19

And this doesn't include his Olympic Bronze Medal
https://www.usab.com/~/media/b28a5cc11d724e67ba0736b643715c5b.ashx?as=1&iar=1
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/2CP9PM7/tim-duncan-center-for-the-us-mens-basketball-team-bows-his-head-after-receiving-his-bronze-medals-at-the-athens-2004-olympic-games-august-28-2004-reuterslucy-nicholson-mb-2CP9PM7.jpg

And let's not forget how he celebrated his divorce from Any with David Robinson
https://i.imgur.com/esD1ulJ.jpg

:rollin :lmao :rollin

i'm_still_beta
11-28-2020, 07:26 AM
Still better than Kirby though

Rummpd
11-28-2020, 07:34 AM
Kobe went 6-24 once and was gifted a finals MVP. Is this thread a joke? He also went to the Olympics at least when all the other Americans bailed.

LkrFan
11-28-2020, 07:41 AM

O'RLY?

Rang count: Kobe 5, Jim 4.61**

**the 1999 "title" was won by a team that only played 50 games. 50/82=0.61. 4+0.61=4.61

5 >>> 4.61 :lol

LkrFan
11-28-2020, 07:43 AM
Kobe went 6-24 once and was gifted a finals MVP. Is this thread a joke? He also went to the Olympics at least when all the other Americans bailed.

Let's talk about Olympics, shall we? :lol

Bronze Medal count: Jim 1, Kobe none
Gold Medal count: Kobe 2, Jim none

:lol

i'm_still_beta
11-28-2020, 07:50 AM
O'RLY?

**the 1999 "title" was won by a team that only played 50 games. 50/82=0.61. 4+0.61=4.61

Is basketball an individual sport?

Dirks_Finale
11-28-2020, 07:50 AM

Tbh

Duncan could not defend titles. Besides that, he always seemed to showup when it mattered. Never quit on his team like Kobe did.

And those early faliures vs LA were a case of Phil just undressing Pop in schemes.

LkrFan
11-28-2020, 07:51 AM
Is basketball an individual sport?

Okay, how about wedding rang count? Kobe 1, Jim n:lolne

i'm_still_beta
11-28-2020, 07:53 AM

LkrFan
Tbh

Duncan could not defend titles. Besides that, he always seemed to showup when it mattered. Never quit on his team like Kobe did.

And those early faliures vs LA were a case of Phil just undressing Pop in schemes.

Jim never repeated as a champion. Repeating at least once shows dominance. It's cool...Bird never did it either. It happens. :lol

LkrFan

i'm_still_beta
11-28-2020, 07:56 AM
Tbh

I don't think that it's right to judge players by rings tbh. Every season of 1988-1990 MJ >> 1996-1998 MJ.

LkrFan
11-28-2020, 10:37 AM
:lol at you farmers avoiding this thread >>

lefty
11-28-2020, 11:29 AM
BREAKING NEWS : SUPERSTAR IS NOT PERFECT, MORE AT 11

KobesAchilles
11-28-2020, 11:48 AM
Meh it happens. I mean 2005 he was defended by the DPOY all series long, on a sprained ankle and plantar fasciitis while Gino was guarded by Rip Hamilton.

2004 was masterful coaching by Phil. Triple team Duncan and let everyone else suck. And they did.

2001 and 02 I give him a pass just by default of his roster. DRob didn’t even play in one of those Laker series. I mean Kobe complained about his shitty roster in 05-07 but Duncan took an even shittier roster to the WCF and WCSF. It’s impressive if anything.

99 was dominant btw. Same in 03. Same is 05.

06 was rigged but even so had 40 and 15 to close out the series. Also was the dumbest foul in Spurs history away from making the Finals again and probably ringing.

07 he rang so who gives a f

08 was bad. I remember thinking wtf Tim that’s a shitty performance

09 he was great but we lost in 5

10 was on Pop thinking George Hill was any good. Also we started Kieth Bogans or some shit. Dark days

11 I said he should’ve retired :lol

12 was a resurgence as well as 13

And 14 was a masterpiece. Hit the game winner to go to the Finals and called his shot.

15 was also a masterpiece. Destroyed Jordan on one knee

16 wheels fell off

ambchang
11-28-2020, 12:12 PM
20 years and only half a dozen bad games. That’s why he should be in GOaT convos.

And works out right, he had a bad game and the spurs lose. He was the team and that team won five rings.

Neo.
11-28-2020, 12:58 PM
its obvious lkrfans point is he didnt have some flawless career and would probably not be quite as revered if he played more of his prime years in the modern social media era

which is honestly the case with basically all players pre-social media, while if lebron and kobe accomplished the same things back in the 80s they would probably be disliked and crapped on a whole lot less, while far more people would have a massive disdain for jordan and the lousy human being he is and all the threats he made against his team in order to get surrounded by more talent, or would see how much guys like bird magic and timmy benefitted from an almost ideal situation from day 1 compared to most top draft picks

the double standards are ridiculous

daslicer
11-28-2020, 02:05 PM
In '01 Duncan did get severely criticized for folding in game 3 and 4. I remember the national media crucifying him left and right. That was an embarrassing moment for Duncan but he learned from it and got better.

'02- The roster was complete shit offensively and Duncan had to do a lot of work against the Lakers. He guarded Shaq most of the time since Drob was hurt for half of that series and even when he came back wasn't effective. Duncan's stat line for that series was 29 points-17.2 reb-4.6 assists-1stl-3.2 blocks. Duncan was clearly the best player in that series. He just didn't have enough help. Parker was the second best player on the Spurs in that series and his stat line was 13.8 points and 5.4 assists. Not surprisingly by the time the 4th quarter started in every game of that series Duncan was gassed from having to carry the team on both ends of the court.

'04- Lakers went to double and tripple teaming Duncan after the first 2 games with combinations of Payton,Kobe,Malone,Shaq and the rest of the team choked by missing open shots.

'06- Pop's stupidity in playing small ball cost the Spurs the series. Duncan was dominant throughout the series but it's hard to win when your coach is a dumbass and playing Bowen and Finley on Dirk. Terrible idea and hurt the Spurs on the boards that's where they lost the series.

'08- Duncan's prime was over. So of course he wasn't good in the playoffs after the Suns series when facing better defensive teams in the Hornets with Chandler/West and then the Lakers with Odom/Gasol. If it was prime Duncan the Spurs easily beat both of those teams without any struggle.

Anything after '08 I don't judge at all because those were his twilight years.

daslicer
11-28-2020, 02:10 PM
Another myth a lot of young people have who are 30 and below have is that Duncan never got criticized by the media. I would say from '97-'05 he dealt with a lot of severe criticism. After he won his first title the national media called it an asterisk after Phil Jackson stated it was. When Duncan won his first two MVPs you heard a bunch of idiots in the national media and players says Kidd and Garnett deserved it over him. He proved those idiots wrong by winning the title in '03. Even after the Spurs won in '03 Duncan was not respected because the media kept screaming it was a fluke title and the Spurs just got lucky. After '03 Duncan had to deal with the narrative that he couldn't win without David Robinson. I remember during the '05 Finals the media called out Duncan and said he wasn't a real leader when the series got tied up 2-2 and kept running that narrative until the series was over. Duncan dealt with a lot of bs criticism from the media but he handled it much better than Durant/Lebron did.

Robz4000
11-28-2020, 02:25 PM
Duncan alive, not Kirby.

LkrFan
11-28-2020, 04:10 PM
Duncan alive, not Kirby.

But his marriage is dead :lmao

LkrFan
11-28-2020, 04:11 PM
20 years and only half a dozen bad games. That’s why he should be in GOaT convos.

And works out right, he had a bad game and the spurs lose. He was the team and that team won 4.61 rings.

FIFY

phxspurfan
11-28-2020, 04:11 PM
all that research cherry picking to find stats from 20 years ago of 2 bad games during playoffs where he had just come off knee surgery, was like 22 years old and had a 1 man team. While KoMe had a 1 man team and didnt make the playoffs. In the middle of his prime. In big NBA favorite market LA. Playing every game 8 on 5 with massive ref assistance. And the srlf proclaimed GOAT coach.

Robz4000
11-28-2020, 04:15 PM
But his marriage is dead :lmao

Kirby's wife has already shacked up with Karl Malone again.

Brazil
11-28-2020, 06:00 PM
That’s 12 talking tbh.. not sure why Ernesto is heading in that direction tbh... won’t end well for Kobe.. dude is dead a few months ago.. not nice Ernesto

phxspurfan
11-28-2020, 06:44 PM
its obvious lkrfans point is he didnt have some flawless career and would probably not be quite as revered if he played more of his prime years in the modern social media era

which is honestly the case with basically all players pre-social media, while if lebron and kobe accomplished the same things back in the 80s they would probably be disliked and crapped on a whole lot less, while far more people would have a massive disdain for jordan and the lousy human being he is and all the threats he made against his team in order to get surrounded by more talent, or would see how much guys like bird magic and timmy benefitted from an almost ideal situation from day 1 compared to most top draft picks

:cry he didnt tweet so he had less skills :cry
:cry the twitter didnt exist in this era so it doesnt count :cry
:cry if the BSPN media doesnt feed it to me all day on the Gram I dont believe it :cry

- 12 year olds

Play Boban
11-28-2020, 07:16 PM
OP dropping trooth nooks tbh

Bynumite
11-28-2020, 08:04 PM
Failed to score over Shane Battier twice at the rim*

Bynumite
11-28-2020, 08:08 PM
https://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1673453/duncanmiss.gif

ambchang
11-28-2020, 08:18 PM
FIFY

99 is an asterisk but 12 and 20 weren’t.

:lol the hypocrisy.

Laker_1995
11-28-2020, 08:39 PM
Triggered af lmfao.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-28-2020, 11:31 PM
you should work for snopes brah

Dirks_Finale
11-29-2020, 02:07 AM
In '01 Duncan did get severely criticized for folding in game 3 and 4. I remember the national media crucifying him left and right. That was an embarrassing moment for Duncan but he learned from it and got better.

'02- The roster was complete shit offensively and Duncan had to do a lot of work against the Lakers. He guarded Shaq most of the time since Drob was hurt for half of that series and even when he came back wasn't effective. Duncan's stat line for that series was 29 points-17.2 reb-4.6 assists-1stl-3.2 blocks. Duncan was clearly the best player in that series. He just didn't have enough help. Parker was the second best player on the Spurs in that series and his stat line was 13.8 points and 5.4 assists. Not surprisingly by the time the 4th quarter started in every game of that series Duncan was gassed from having to carry the team on both ends of the court.

'04- Lakers went to double and tripple teaming Duncan after the first 2 games with combinations of Payton,Kobe,Malone,Shaq and the rest of the team choked by missing open shots.

'06- Pop's stupidity in playing small ball cost the Spurs the series. Duncan was dominant throughout the series but it's hard to win when your coach is a dumbass and playing Bowen and Finley on Dirk. Terrible idea and hurt the Spurs on the boards that's where they lost the series.

'08- Duncan's prime was over. So of course he wasn't good in the playoffs after the Suns series when facing better defensive teams in the Hornets with Chandler/West and then the Lakers with Odom/Gasol. If it was prime Duncan the Spurs easily beat both of those teams without any struggle.

Anything after '08 I don't judge at all because those were his twilight years.

Who was he supposed to put on Dirk, though? Back then Prime Dirk was torching any bigs who dared to step out there. And Jet was killing it if you doubled down on Dirk. I think Pop had to go small, tbh.

Dirks_Finale
11-29-2020, 02:08 AM

daslicer
11-29-2020, 02:17 AM
Who was he supposed to put on Dirk, though? Back then Prime Dirk was torching any bigs who dared to step out there. And Jet was killing it if you doubled down on Dirk. I think Pop had to go small, tbh.

No one was going to stop Dirk. He was going to go off on Rasho,Nazr but the difference is at least the Spurs would have limited the second chance points. The Mavs killed the Spurs on the boards in that series. I remember how demoralizing it was whenever the Spurs would get the Mavs to miss a shot but couldn't secure the possession due to Dirk,Dampier,Diop getting the offensive board.

Putting Finley/Bowen on Dirk would be the equivalent of if the nuggets decided to have Jamal Murray guard Kawhi or if the Clippers decided to have Patrick Beverly guard Lebron.

Neo.
11-29-2020, 03:27 AM
:cry he didnt tweet so he had less skills :cry
:cry the twitter didnt exist in this era so it doesnt count :cry
:cry if the BSPN media doesnt feed it to me all day on the Gram I dont believe it :cry

- 12 year olds

someone obviously missed the point :lol

widowmaker
11-29-2020, 09:59 AM
O'RLY?

Thank god for helicopter rides and mountain sides.

TDfan2007
11-29-2020, 11:52 AM
Agree with this

01 - he was great in the first two games, including that amazing 40/15/5 game in game 2, but it wasn't enough. That Lakers team was just too good. Nobody was beating them, and certainly not a Spurs team with 1 superstar to their 2.

02 - Tim deserves some blame here, only because the games were close and he should've been more selfish/aggressive in the fourth quarters. Otherwise, the difference in talent between the Lakers and Spurs that year was laughable, and the fact that the series was close shows how amazing Tim was. He thoroughly outplayed Shaq and held his own defensively against him as well. He didn't have Kobe as a number 2 though...he had a rookie Tony Parker.

04 - I blame him most for games 4 and 6. He completely disappeared in game 4 in the second half, then in game 6 I felt like he gave into the defense and wasn't aggressive enough. As mentioned previously, the loss was mainly due to masterful coaching by Phil with no adjustment from Pop. He should've put Tim in more PnR or off-ball action to combat the constant double/triple teams. The Spurs shooters just went ice cold. Turkoglu and Horry were abysmal that series.

06 - he started having cramps in OT of game 7, which was unfortunate. He's not the type to be dramatic about it or say anything though. Prior to that, he had an amazing game and almost led one of the greatest comebacks ever if not for Manu's horrendous foul (ended the game with 40pts/15rbs). That series against Dallas was one of his best, so not sure why it's even mentioned to discredit him.

07 Finals - he shot poorly. It happens. He still led the team in rebounds, assists, and blocks while coming second in scoring. Three best part: he was genuinely happy for Tony when Tony win finals MVP

08 - he was never fully right this season, and the following year we'd learn that he had problems with that left knee. I think the knee issues started in 08. If you look at the tape, he just wasn't the same, especially on D. He was really inconsistent offensively against NO and that game 7 was terrible. He also had no lift against the Lakers yet still dropped 23/13/5 against them in the WCF, badly outplaying Pau. Kobe was just something else in that series though, and single handedly killed us. Didn't help that Manu was hurt and getting locked down by Sasha fucking Vucevic.

ECOV
11-29-2020, 12:29 PM
nope, still had flawless career . even those mistakes where flawless. your post = invalid

koriwhat
11-29-2020, 02:06 PM
**Debunking the “Why are you on a Spurs forum to begin with Laker fans?” narrative once and for all** because laker fans are nothing more than bandwagon fans at the end of the day anyhow and have no real place to call home.

TDfan2007
11-29-2020, 02:24 PM
But seriously, if this is the best you can do to discredit a guy's career... :lol

LkrFan
11-29-2020, 02:32 PM
99 is an asterisk but 12 and 20 weren’t.

:lol the hypocrisy.

I told you 2020 would be an asterisk championship. You forgot?

LkrFan
11-29-2020, 02:32 PM
Triggered af lmfao.

LkrFan
11-29-2020, 02:34 PM
Kirby's wife has already shacked up with Karl Malone again.

Amy está agarrando sus tobillos y mordiéndose el labio inferior con mi amigo Miguel y no Jim! :lol

LkrFan
11-29-2020, 02:35 PM

:toast

LkrFan
11-29-2020, 02:37 PM
OP dropping trooth nooks tbh

You see it :lol

LkrFan
11-29-2020, 02:38 PM
**Debunking the “Why are you on a Spurs forum to begin with Laker fans?” narrative once and for all** because laker fans are nothing more than bandwagon fans at the end of the day anyhow and have no real place to call home.

Lakers won the 2020 title. Spurs couldn't even win the 2020 lottery. :lol

LkrFan
11-29-2020, 02:38 PM

:lmao

LkrFan
11-29-2020, 02:39 PM
Agree with this

01 - he was great in the first two games, including that amazing 40/15/5 game in game 2, but it wasn't enough. That Lakers team was just too good. Nobody was beating them, and certainly not a Spurs team with 1 superstar to their 2.

02 - Tim deserves some blame here, only because the games were close and he should've been more selfish/aggressive in the fourth quarters. Otherwise, the difference in talent between the Lakers and Spurs that year was laughable, and the fact that the series was close shows how amazing Tim was. He thoroughly outplayed Shaq and held his own defensively against him as well. He didn't have Kobe as a number 2 though...he had a rookie Tony Parker.

04 - I blame him most for games 4 and 6. He completely disappeared in game 4 in the second half, then in game 6 I felt like he gave into the defense and wasn't aggressive enough. As mentioned previously, the loss was mainly due to masterful coaching by Phil with no adjustment from Pop. He should've put Tim in more PnR or off-ball action to combat the constant double/triple teams. The Spurs shooters just went ice cold. Turkoglu and Horry were abysmal that series.

06 - he started having cramps in OT of game 7, which was unfortunate. He's not the type to be dramatic about it or say anything though. Prior to that, he had an amazing game and almost led one of the greatest comebacks ever if not for Manu's horrendous foul (ended the game with 40pts/15rbs). That series against Dallas was one of his best, so not sure why it's even mentioned to discredit him.

07 Finals - he shot poorly. It happens. He still led the team in rebounds, assists, and blocks while coming second in scoring. Three best part: he was genuinely happy for Tony when Tony win finals MVP

08 - he was never fully right this season, and the following year we'd learn that he had problems with that left knee. I think the knee issues started in 08. If you look at the tape, he just wasn't the same, especially on D. He was really inconsistent offensively against NO and that game 7 was terrible. He also had no lift against the Lakers yet still dropped 23/13/5 against them in the WCF, badly outplaying Pau. Kobe was just something else in that series though, and single handedly killed us. Didn't help that Manu was hurt and getting locked down by Sasha fucking Vucevic.

Do you think Jim keeps his Olympic Bronze Medal with his 4.61 NBA titles? :downspin:

Robz4000
11-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Amy está agarrando sus tobillos y mordiéndose el labio inferior con mi amigo Miguel y no Jim! :lol

Wrong side of the wall el hermano.

Robz4000
11-29-2020, 02:47 PM
Lakers won the 2020* title. Spurs couldn't even win the 2020 lottery. :lol

ftfy

koriwhat
11-29-2020, 03:00 PM
Lakers won the 2020 title. Spurs couldn't even win the 2020 lottery. :lol

and almost no one watched those finals anyhow... i know i didn't. if no one watched did they really win? lol

LakersTalk.com... go create it and find your way over there. :tu

DMC
11-29-2020, 05:46 PM
OP trolling because he's bored that the wall keeps him on that side of civilization, but Kobe kept the Lakers in the sewer for 6 straight seasons before Lebron had to come in bail his ass out. Even then, Kobe never saw the Lakers ring again. Not once. Nope.

DMC
11-29-2020, 05:47 PM
Do you think Jim keeps his Olympic Bronze Medal with his 4.61 NBA titles? :downspin:

Contrast Tim's HOF speech with Kobe's and give us some insight.

TDfan2007
11-29-2020, 05:50 PM

He probably has no idea where that bronze medal is, tbh.

It's too bad we never saw the crew from the 2003 FIBA tourney. Timmy was the FIBA player of the year there even with a loaded squad and that team went undefeated. Then most of those guys abandoned ship...

Also, as a Lakers/Kobe fan, maybe it's not the best idea to cherry pick a few playoff disappointments from an all time great career. The same could easily be done for your guy.

Fact is, all of the greats other than Russell struggled at one point or another, either individually or in terms of team success.

ambchang
11-29-2020, 07:24 PM
I told you 2020 would be an asterisk championship. You forgot?

Duncan > Lebron.

Millennial_Messiah
11-29-2020, 08:01 PM

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 04:07 PM
Wrong side of the wall el hermano.

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 04:08 PM
Contrast Tim's HOF speech with Kobe's and give us some insight.

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 04:14 PM

Duncan > Lebron.

12 is white media driven. White men hate Kobe and we all know why.

Your last comment is trollin. -25 points :lol

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 04:14 PM

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 04:15 PM
OP trolling because he's bored that the wall keeps him on that side of civilization, but Kobe kept the Lakers in the sewer for 6 straight seasons before Lebron had to come in bail his ass out. Even then, Kobe never saw the Lakers ring again. Not once. Nope.
:cry

Chucho
11-30-2020, 05:06 PM

Life Count:

Tim: 1
Kobe: 0

Hustled by whore wife:

Tim: Took half his shit
Kobe: She took all his shit and making money off his death.

Years in the cellar:
Tim: 0
Kobe: 7

Poor Benhameen with det butt hurt.

Rummpd
11-30-2020, 05:26 PM
Sad this is turned into a thread vs a dead man but fact is overrated non clutch low PER Kobe (Google it) is not on the Parthenon of true NBA greatest of great while Duncan, the anti ESPN BS, is. End of discussion

ambchang
11-30-2020, 07:45 PM
12 is white media driven. White men hate Kobe and we all know why.

Your last comment is trollin. -25 points :lol

White people love kobe proven by him getting an Oscar for having a ghostwriter.

Duncan 5 Lebron 4 so duncan > Lebron. Your logic.

RD2191
11-30-2020, 08:11 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-16-2015/eGNDQe.gif
/thread

daslicer
11-30-2020, 08:28 PM
/thread

y9OzVIIiUEU

Johnsyounger
11-30-2020, 08:44 PM

This

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 10:30 PM
White people love kobe proven by him getting an Oscar for having a ghostwriter.

Duncan 5 Lebron 4 so duncan > Lebron. Your logic.

You don't even believe the lies you are spewing. Sad :lol

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 10:32 PM
/thread

gpvGTNMD3NU

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 10:36 PM
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/azdailysun.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/35/73553798-751d-55d2-b3a4-c73645e49aa1/73553798-751d-55d2-b3a4-c73645e49aa1.preview-300.jpg?crop=300%2C300%2C0%2C25&resize=1200%2C1200&order=crop%2Cresize

Anybody know if Jim and Dick Jefferson kissed here? Dick looked like he was ready to lose it all. What's the story? :lol

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 10:38 PM
Jim and David Robinson are the only teammate 1st ballot hall of flamers with an Olympic Bronze Medal. Robinson in '88 and Jim in 2004 :lol

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 10:39 PM
A Bronze Medal should count as a Finals loss tbh :lol

LkrFan
11-30-2020, 10:41 PM
Manure walking around with Jim's Gold Medal. Jim is an international loser :lol

DMC
11-30-2020, 11:03 PM
Manure walking around with Jim's Gold Medal. Jim is an international loser :lol

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/K_Td2ztqCLg/maxresdefault.jpg

LkrFan
12-01-2020, 06:49 AM

SMH

ambchang
12-01-2020, 06:53 AM
You don't even believe the lies you are spewing. Sad :lol

What lies? Just using the logic you’ve been using since you begged to be adopted here.

Rummpd
12-01-2020, 09:19 AM
People bring up Duncan's international record but the fact remains he (and Iverson to his credit) went and at least competed when Kobe, Shaq, Garnett and many others bailed on representing the USA when it mattered. Of course Kobe and others jumped back on bandwagon when team was stacked.

Chucho
12-01-2020, 11:00 AM

Accurate.

12-01-2020, 11:06 AM
/thread
The 2 piece

Chucho
12-01-2020, 11:42 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/4oi5xo.jpg

LkrFan
12-01-2020, 12:43 PM
People bring up Duncan's international record but the fact remains he (and Iverson to his credit) went and at least competed when Kobe, Shaq, Garnett and many others bailed on representing the USA when it mattered. Of course Kobe and others jumped back on bandwagon when team was stacked.

Kobe was fighting to stay out of jail. Shaq already won Gold in 1996. I don't know why KG wasn't there, but still.

Kobe competed in 2008 and 2012. Why didn't Jim come back to redeem himself like Bron? :downspin:

LkrFan
12-01-2020, 12:43 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/4oi5xo.jpg

i'm_still_beta
12-01-2020, 12:57 PM

ambchang
12-01-2020, 09:05 PM
Kobe was fighting to stay out of jail. Shaq already won Gold in 1996. I don't know why KG wasn't there, but still.

Kobe competed in 2008 and 2012. Why didn't Jim come back to redeem himself like Bron? :downspin:

Duncan is uncomfortable taking somebody else’s credit.

LkrFan
12-02-2020, 11:31 PM
Duncan is uncomfortable taking somebody else’s credit.
Was he too uncomfortable with taking Gold from Manure in 2004 Olympics? :lol

ambchang
12-03-2020, 06:31 PM
Was he too uncomfortable with taking Gold from Manure in 2004 Olympics? :lol

Duncan earns his stuff. He never takes.

LkrFan
12-03-2020, 07:14 PM
Duncan earns his stuff. He never takes.

He earned that Bronze Medal. That's for sho!! :lol

dbreiden83080
12-04-2020, 06:14 PM
O'RLY?

Who the fuck was going to beat them in 1999? They were the hottest team in basketball down the stretch. What they were suddenly going to cool off down the stretch run of an 82 game season? Who was going to beat them? Utah? Portland? No fucking chance.

LkrFan
12-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Who the fuck was going to beat them in 1999? They were the hottest team in basketball down the stretch. What they were suddenly going to cool off down the stretch run of an 82 game season? Who was going to beat them? Utah? Portland? No fucking chance.

Knicks played without Ewing, who was still averaging 17.3/9.9 and 2.6 blocks. Your biggest in NBA history 1999 asterisk staysPERIOD.

daslicer
12-04-2020, 06:46 PM
Knicks played without Ewing, who was still averaging 17.3/9.9 and 2.6 blocks. Your biggest in NBA history 1999 asterisk staysPERIOD.

Ewing was a big time playoff choker. He choked big time against Rik Smiths on a regular basis and got severely choked against Olajuwon in '94 by averaging a measly 18 points on 36 percent shooing. Knicks would not have gone to the finals if he was healthy considering they matched up much better with the Pacers without him then with him. Hard for me to imagine Dave and Tim would have struggled against Ewing.

LkrFan
12-04-2020, 07:28 PM
Ewing was a big time playoff choker. He choked big time against Rik Smiths on a regular basis and got severely choked against Olajuwon in '94 by averaging a measly 18 points on 36 percent shooing. Knicks would not have gone to the finals if he was healthy considering they matched up much better with the Pacers without him then with him. Hard for me to imagine Dave and Tim would have struggled against Ewing.

You speaking offensively. He was still a defensive force. But alas, Jim battled with 6'3" Larry Johnson :lol

-50 points son :lol

Robz4000
12-04-2020, 07:49 PM
You speaking offensively. He was still a defensive force. But alas, Jim battled with 6'3" Larry Johnson :lol

That's * talking.

daslicer
12-04-2020, 08:56 PM

My younger brother is a hardcore Knicks fan. I watched a lot of Knick games growing up. Ewing choked a bunch of times defensively against Rik Smits in the playoffs. I saw plenty of games where Rik Smits took him to school in the playoffs and outplayed him. Keep in mind Smits wasn't some super mobile big. The only thing Smits had going for him was he had a good shooting touch but he didn't have great mobility. By '99 Ewing was a slow immobile stiff on the defensive end. He was just a giant pylon. Granted I will say he did come up big defensively against ZO in the first round of 'the '99 playoffs in the 4th quarters of games but I always chalked that up to ZO also being a mental midget.

Like I said before the Knicks benefited from Ewing getting hurt early in the Pacers series. If he played the full series they would have lost. Him going down allowed the Knicks go with a quicker line up which caused problems for the older Pacer's team. A year later both teams matched up again and the Pacers won in rematch due to Ewing slowing the game down for the Knicks which favored the Pacers. Ewing would have been too slow to guard Duncan. Duncan would have easily take him to school. Hard to imagine Duncan struggling against an old Ewing after what he did to Shaq in the earlier rounds.

Here is a game of Duncan/Robinson vs Ewing during Duncan's rookie year which was the last time Ewing was a superstar. Both got whatever they wanted against Ewing in this game. This was a better Ewing than '99 Ewing which was even a worse version. So I would expect they would do even better against '99 Ewing.
hDG4ib2cu3w

dbreiden83080
12-04-2020, 11:50 PM

Yeah right I’m sure he would’ve completely shut down Tim Duncan in that series LOL. We swept you. Shaq in his prime and you got swept. Tim dropped 37/14 and 33/14 in games 3 and 4.. You obviously repaid the favor down the road, but give us credit when we deserve it.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2020, 12:48 AM

I would not say he was a big-time playoff choker. He had some struggles certainly. He also had some great series in which he just didn’t get enough help. 1993 against the Bulls he really played incredibly. But he just never had that second guy that consistently scored..

LkrFan
12-05-2020, 01:13 PM
Yeah right I’m sure he would’ve completely shut down Tim Duncan in that series LOL. We swept you. Shaq in his prime and you got swept. Tim dropped 37/14 and 33/14 in games 3 and 4.. You obviously repaid the favor down the road, but give us credit when we deserve it.

Didn't say Ewing would shut Jim down. The refs wouldn't let anybody lay the wood to him like back in the 1980s.

What I am saying is you won in a 50-game shortened season against a midget team who was light their sole hall of fame big man.

1999*

dbreiden83080
12-05-2020, 01:30 PM
Didn't say Ewing would shut Jim down. The refs wouldn't let anybody lay the wood to him like back in the 1980s.

What I am saying is you won in a 50-game shortened season against a midget team who was light their sole hall of fame big man.

1999*

I repeat who was going to beat them? The Knicks were going to beat them when your Lakers with prime Shaquille O’Neal could not beat them? Troll much.

LkrFan
12-05-2020, 03:40 PM
I repeat who was going to beat them? The Knicks were going to beat them when your Lakers with prime Shaquille O’Neal could not beat them? Troll much.

Not trolling son. Prime Shaw never won without an all star guard (Kobe, D-Whistle). Kobe wasn't ready yet. And we didn't have Phillip Jackson, yet.

TDfan2007
12-05-2020, 05:06 PM
Not trolling son. Prime Shaw never won without an all star guard (Kobe, D-Whistle). Kobe wasn't ready yet. And we didn't have Phillip Jackson, yet.

That 1999 series was the most evenly matched series between the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the Duncan Spurs. David was still playing at an all star level then, and Tim was obviously a superstar. Shaq was a superstar and Kobe was an ascending all star. Both teams had solid role players, but nothing amazing...and y'all got shit on.

2001 was hilariously one-sided. That Lakers team was one of the greatest of all time, and Shaq and Kobe were both top five players that year and played even better in the playoffs. The Spurs were missing DA and David had nothing left in the tank after a very physical first two rounds. Didn't help that the Spurs were starting 80-year-old Terry Porter and Danny fucking Ferry :lol

2002 was even more of a mismatch. Shaq and Kobe vs Tim and no other all stars. Those games were only close because of Tim's greatness. But Phil knew the deal. Let Tim beat up on Horry in the first three quarters, then switch Shaq on him and throw doubles when he puts the ball on the floor in the fourth quarter. It was genius, and it worked to perfection.

We all know what happened in 2003...

2004 was once again Tim and no other all stars, but this time going against 4 future hall of famers and prime Shaq/Kobe. Somehow, thanks to Tim's greatness, the Spurs were one shot away from a 3-2 lead and a potential series win. I'll never forget watching Devin Brown turn into our go-to perimeter score in game six lolol.

daslicer
12-05-2020, 06:17 PM

1999*

The Knicks were the dirtiest team in the '99 playoffs. I remember one play where Dudley tried to break Duncan's arm in game 1 where Duncan went up for a dunk. Duncan got the dunk and Dudley actually ended up injuring himself but it was a dangerous play if had gone right Duncan could have been taken out for the series. There was another play where I think Duncan was on a fast break and went up for a dunk and some Knicks player shoved him in right in the back which sent Duncan flying into the crowd. Another dirty play that could severely injured Duncan.

The '99 Knicks team had a reunion a year ago and even mentioned how they tried to rough up Duncan but were surprised that it had no effect. They were all amazed at how great he was.

dbreiden83080
12-05-2020, 07:42 PM

And Ewing never won anything at all. And I liked Patrick Ewing quite a bit. He played in a very difficult era. But he’s A second-tier Hall of Fame big man.

Kawhitstorm
12-05-2020, 09:24 PM
gpvGTNMD3NU

Dragged by AARP Reggie in a cat fight :lmao

https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-16-2015/Cp2Qc6.gif

LkrFan
12-06-2020, 01:06 PM
Dragged by AARP Reggie in a cat fight :lmao

https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-16-2015/Cp2Qc6.gif

I forgot about Reggie roughing him up. Kobe 0-2 in hand to hand combat :lol

LkrFan
12-06-2020, 01:07 PM
And Ewing never won anything at all. And I liked Patrick Ewing quite a bit. He played in a very difficult era. But he’s A second-tier Hall of Fame big man.

Agreed.

ambchang
12-06-2020, 06:57 PM
He earned that Bronze Medal. That's for sho!! :lol

Better than bandwagonning and taking the credit.

ambchang
12-06-2020, 06:59 PM

Look up the Ewing effect. That term came into play and gained huge traction because of their 99 playoff run.

Ewing’s absence unleashed Houston and sprewell.

LkrFan
12-07-2020, 08:04 AM
Better than bandwagonning and taking the credit.

Coach K said Kobe set the tone in 2008 Olympic practices. Funny, but Bron never made an all defensive team before playing with Kobe in those Olympics. Look it up - I know you will :lol

But yet Kobe bandwagoned to Gold...TWICE :lol

LkrFan
12-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Look up the Ewing effect. That term came into play and gained huge traction because of their 99 playoff run.

Ewing is a first ballot HOFer. Those other two you are not and I'm ashamed of you making that statement as if it has merits.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3og0INyCmHlNylks9O/200.gif

Imagine Allan and Spree playing well with Ewing. Ever thought of that? SMH

ambchang
12-07-2020, 11:14 AM
Coach K said Kobe set the tone in 2008 Olympic practices. Funny, but Bron never made an all defensive team before playing with Kobe in those Olympics. Look it up - I know you will :lol

But yet Kobe bandwagoned to Gold...TWICE :lol

So now Kobe is responsible for Lebron's defense? Just like he was responsible for Kawhi's? Funny that we were talking about people taking other's credits. Waiting to hear Ja Morant saying that Kobe was a huge inspiration to him, and the Laker fans will jump on it and claim that Morant made it purely because of Kobe.

Ewing is a first ballot HOFer. Those other two you are not and I'm ashamed of you making that statement as if it has merits.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3og0INyCmHlNylks9O/200.gif

Imagine Allan and Spree playing well with Ewing. Ever thought of that? SMH

So you have no idea about the Ewing effect.

Read this up: https://medium.com/the-knicks-wall/the-ewing-theory-needs-a-new-name-ca2021d6e8ea

It is exactly how Ewing, despite him being a 1st a ballot HoFer (and deservingly so) drags his team down.

LkrFan
12-07-2020, 11:42 AM
So now Kobe is responsible for Lebron's defense? Just like he was responsible for Kawhi's? Funny that we were talking about people taking other's credits. Waiting to hear Ja Morant saying that Kobe was a huge inspiration to him, and the Laker fans will jump on it and claim that Morant made it purely because of Kobe.

Yeah, I'm saying that until Kobe locked him and Wade down in the first couple of Olympic practices - thus setting the tone like Coach K said - Bron really didn't bother with that side of the ball (hence 0 all defensive team appearances). After those Olympics he became a monster on both sides of the ball. Facts son.

And why would you lie and throw Kawhi in your post? He clearly wasn't in the 2008 Olympics. I'll ignore the Ja pointless post and delete the BS you cited about Big Pat.

The Knicks were perennially great defensive teams in the 1990s. I wonder what the common denominator was on those teams? When he wasn't there, their defense wasn't as good. 1999 Spurs benefitedPERIOD.

KobesAchilles
12-07-2020, 12:00 PM
2011 ruined any chance he had for a perfect resume'. You can't lose to an 8th seed PERIOD. As far as his ranking goes, I have Timmy ahead Shaq and ahead of Kobe once he got that 5th title of his. But he is in that sphere. My rankings are different than anybody else's obviously but I feel like Tim is in that second tier of all time greats 5-10 range and not the upper tier.

But Kobe missed the playoffs I think 4 times which hurts his "flawless career" argument. Once in his absolute prime too.

Shaq was a shell of himself obviously but his latter half of his career was the most embarrassing thing as far as all time greats go, but I can't hate on it when they are willing to pay you millions of dollars to play, you have to take advantage of that as long as you can.

Not even Jordan is flawless. Dude got bounced in the first round a shit ton of times and I have to include the Wizard years.

The only flawless career in the history of the NBA is Bill.

lefty
12-07-2020, 12:29 PM

Well the next best thing in NY was ... John Starks

Can’t blame Ewing tbh, that’s why context matters when we’re discussing titles

daslicer
12-07-2020, 01:34 PM

Ewing choked against Olaujuwon in '94 but that gets overshadowed by Starks bad game 6. Ewing also choked in '95 against the Pacers in game 7. The window to win for a lot of guys is very small so you have to take advantage when there is a small opening like Dirk did in '11. Ewing failed to do that in '94 and '95. He also didn't show mental discipline in '97 when he ran off the bench during the Heat brawl which cost his team the series.

LkrFan
12-07-2020, 02:17 PM
2011 ruined any chance he had for a perfect resume'. You can't lose to an 8th seed PERIOD. As far as his ranking goes, I have Timmy ahead Shaq and ahead of Kobe once he got that 5th title of his. But he is in that sphere. My rankings are different than anybody else's obviously but I feel like Tim is in that second tier of all time greats 5-10 range and not the upper tier.

But Kobe missed the playoffs I think 4 times which hurts his "flawless career" argument. Once in his absolute prime too.

Shaq was a shell of himself obviously but his latter half of his career was the most embarrassing thing as far as all time greats go, but I can't hate on it when they are willing to pay you millions of dollars to play, you have to take advantage of that as long as you can.

Not even Jordan is flawless. Dude got bounced in the first round a shit ton of times and I have to include the Wizard years.

The only flawless career in the history of the NBA is Bill.

Most of Kobe's prime was wasted playing with bums like Odom, Kwame, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker and Luke Walton.

Be lucky Klutch wasn't in power back then. No way they let the Lakers abuse Kobe's talent like that. :lol

Kobe went to war vs the #1 seeded loaded Suns with garbage. But yet it somehow is held against him for losing. Same deal with Bron losing to the loaded Dubs.

No one said Kobe's career was flawless. But you do hear that crap about Jim. It is what it is :lol

ambchang
12-07-2020, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I'm saying that until Kobe locked him and Wade down in the first couple of Olympic practices - thus setting the tone like Coach K said - Bron really didn't bother with that side of the ball (hence 0 all defensive team appearances). After those Olympics he became a monster on both sides of the ball. Facts son.

And why would you lie and throw Kawhi in your post? He clearly wasn't in the 2008 Olympics. I'll ignore the Ja pointless post and delete the BS you cited about Big Pat.

The Knicks were perennially great defensive teams in the 1990s. I wonder what the common denominator was on those teams? When he wasn't there, their defense wasn't as good. 1999 Spurs benefitedPERIOD.

So wait, you think that Lebron started to dedicate on defense because he was "locked down" by Kobe in a practice of an exhibition tournament, and not because he dedicated his entire life to playing basketball. Not to mention that his defensive metrics, both advanced and traditional, did not see any significant improvement in 2008 and whatever improvement can be explained by experience and growth. :lmao. This is the stupidest shit you have said here, and you have said plenty.

As for the Knicks, Ewing's defensive numbers were of an average center in 99. Look it up.

LkrFan
12-07-2020, 02:22 PM
So wait, you think that Lebron started to dedicate on defense because he was "locked down" by Kobe in a practice of an exhibition tournament, and not because he dedicated his entire life to playing basketball. Not to mention that his defensive metrics, both advanced and traditional, did not see any significant improvement in 2008 and whatever improvement can be explained by experience and growth. :lmao. This is the stupidest shit you have said here, and you have said plenty.

As for the Knicks, Ewing's defensive numbers were of an average center in 99. Look it up.

Show me where he made even 1 all defensive team before the 2008 Olympics or shut your pie hole.

LkrFan
12-07-2020, 02:30 PM
Just as I suspected. Bron made all defensive team in 2009 (year after 2008 Olympics for the slow and pigheaded posters like amb) (https://www.nba.com/history/awards/defensive-team)

2008-09

First Team

Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers

Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics

Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic

LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers

Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets

So, as I was saying. Bron never made an all defensive team before 2008. But after a summer practicing with Kobe - preparing to win a Gold Medal (unlike Jim), he's 1st team? Funny how that works. :lol

Jim was 2nd team det year. No wonder the Lakers dusted the Spurs off in the playoffs :lol

KobesAchilles
12-07-2020, 02:48 PM
Most of Kobe's prime was wasted playing with bums like Odom, Kwame, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker and Luke Walton.

Be lucky Klutch wasn't in power back then. No way they let the Lakers abuse Kobe's talent like that. :lol

Kobe went to war vs the #1 seeded loaded Suns with garbage. But yet it somehow is held against him for losing. Same deal with Bron losing to the loaded Dubs.

No one said Kobe's career was flawless. But you do hear that crap about Jim. It is what it is :lol
Yeah but most of Jim's career was wasted too. I mean you had Antonio Daniels starting as point guard. Danny Ferry was an actual starter too. Same with One kidney Elliott. Steve Smith. 38 year old Terry Porter was 5th in minutes in the playoffs.

But nah man Jim ain't flawless. Kobe ain't. MJ ain't. Bron ain't flawless either. You can't pull that kinda shit he did against the Mavs. Same with the Spurs in 14. You can lose to them, but you can't set the ALL TIME NBA finals record for a loss :lol

lefty
12-07-2020, 03:01 PM
Ewing choked against Olaujuwon in '94 but that gets overshadowed by Starks bad game 6. Ewing also choked in '95 against the Pacers in game 7. The window to win for a lot of guys is very small so you have to take advantage when there is a small opening like Dirk did in '11. Ewing failed to do that in '94 and '95. He also didn't show mental discipline in '97 when he ran off the bench during the Heat brawl which cost his team the series.
He didn't choke , Olajuwon is just the goat center imo; Ewing still had a great defensive series and made a big 3 in game 3 or 4

In 95 he was playing injured against the Pacers, reason why he couldn't dunk on the final play

I give you 1997

LkrFan
12-07-2020, 03:22 PM
Yeah but most of Jim's career was wasted too. I mean you had Antonio Daniels starting as point guard. Danny Ferry was an actual starter too. Same with One kidney Elliott. Steve Smith. 38 year old Terry Porter was 5th in minutes in the playoffs.

But nah man Jim ain't flawless. Kobe ain't. MJ ain't. Bron ain't flawless either. You can't pull that kinda shit he did against the Mavs. Same with the Spurs in 14. You can lose to them, but you can't set the ALL TIME NBA finals record for a loss :lol

ambchang
12-07-2020, 04:05 PM

Kobe's prime was 2 years?

ambchang
12-07-2020, 04:07 PM
Show me where he made even 1 all defensive team before the 2008 Olympics or shut your pie hole.

So what? Kobe didn't even make the All-NBA first team until he got his shit shoved in by Austin Croshere. Austin Croshere made Kobe. prove me wrong.
Just as I suspected. Kobe made all defensive team 1st team in 2000 (year after 99 playoffs where he was swept by Jaren Jackson for the slow and pigheaded posters like @Lkrfan) (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html)

So, as I was saying. Kobe never made an all defensive 1st team before 2000. But after a summer a summer getting his shit shoved in by Jaren Jackson - getting swept in the process, he's 1st team? Funny how that works. :lol

Shaq was all time great det year. No wonder the Lakers dusted the Spurs off in the playoffs :lol

Mitch
12-07-2020, 04:19 PM
Mi hombre Ricardo Vincente Carlos Hernandez II ( LkrFan) telling it like it is

Kawhitstorm
12-07-2020, 09:33 PM
I forgot about Reggie roughing him up. Kobe 0-2 in hand to hand combat :lol

....except when he "finished himself" in the hotel room :lol

LkrFan
12-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Mi hombre Ricardo Vincente Carlos Hernandez II ( LkrFan) telling it like it is

LkrFan
12-08-2020, 02:21 PM
....except when he "finished himself" in the hotel room :lol

LkrFan
12-09-2020, 09:34 AM

Speaking of choking
https://twitter.com/BrotherHQ/status/1336671950312239105?s=09

:lmao

lefty
12-09-2020, 09:36 AM
Speaking of choking
https://twitter.com/BrotherHQ/status/1336671950312239105?s=09

:lmaool how did Duncan choke in that sequence?

LkrFan
12-09-2020, 10:30 AM
ol how did Duncan choke in that sequence?

The entire Spurs team choked. Jim was the Alpha :lol

lefty
12-09-2020, 11:07 AM
Jim was the Alpha
Unlike Kobe :-)

dbreiden83080
12-09-2020, 12:07 PM

Loved Starks as a player.. All heart. But hot and cold.. I agree Pat did NOT have a lot of help..

dbreiden83080
12-09-2020, 12:09 PM

Ewing could barely move by 99.. He was taking ice baths instead of practicing.

Dirks_Finale
12-09-2020, 12:51 PM
That 1999 series was the most evenly matched series between the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the Duncan Spurs. David was still playing at an all star level then, and Tim was obviously a superstar. Shaq was a superstar and Kobe was an ascending all star. Both teams had solid role players, but nothing amazing...and y'all got shit on.

2001 was hilariously one-sided. That Lakers team was one of the greatest of all time, and Shaq and Kobe were both top five players that year and played even better in the playoffs. The Spurs were missing DA and David had nothing left in the tank after a very physical first two rounds. Didn't help that the Spurs were starting 80-year-old Terry Porter and Danny fucking Ferry :lol

2002 was even more of a mismatch. Shaq and Kobe vs Tim and no other all stars. Those games were only close because of Tim's greatness. But Phil knew the deal. Let Tim beat up on Horry in the first three quarters, then switch Shaq on him and throw doubles when he puts the ball on the floor in the fourth quarter. It was genius, and it worked to perfection.

We all know what happened in 2003...

2004 was once again Tim and no other all stars, but this time going against 4 future hall of famers and prime Shaq/Kobe. Somehow, thanks to Tim's greatness, the Spurs were one shot away from a 3-2 lead and a potential series win. I'll never forget watching Devin Brown turn into our go-to perimeter score in game six lolol.

That was the most cruel loss I have ever seen :lol Pop was usually pretty stoic, but I saw him celebrating after Tim hit that impossibe shot. Damn that Fish shot must have hurt :lol

dbreiden83080
12-09-2020, 02:18 PM
That was the most cruel loss I have ever seen :lol Pop was usually pretty stoic, but I saw him celebrating after Tim hit that impossibe shot. Damn that Fish shot must have hurt :lol

I have tried to block that loss out of my mind forever in the memories of that Spurs era... What a clusterfuck.. But TBH 2006 was just as bad.. Best Spurs team to never win a championship..

lefty
12-09-2020, 03:03 PM
Loved Starks as a player.. All heart. But hot and cold...
Games 6 and 7 vs Houston are a perfect example of his hot and cold streaks

I agree, more talented players didn't have his heart
But again, perhaps John was like that because he had to earn a spot in the NBA so he always played with a chip on his shoulder

lefty
12-09-2020, 03:07 PM
:lol I missed that game and saw the final score on a ticker

Then I watched highlights later that night and my reaction was THATS HOW WE LOST ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

dbreiden83080
12-09-2020, 03:11 PM
Games 6 and 7 vs Houston are a perfect example of his hot and cold streaks

I agree, more talented players didn't have his heart
But again, perhaps John was like that because he had to earn a spot in the NBA so he always played with a chip on his shoulder

That is exactly right. Undrafted out of college. After a brief stint with the Warriors as a FA he was out of the league. He was bagging groceries and playing in the CBA..

He made the Knicks after a try out...

lefty
12-09-2020, 03:35 PM
That is exactly right. Undrafted out of college. After a brief stint with the Warriors as a FA he was out of the league. He was bagging groceries and playing in the CBA..

He made the Knicks after a try out...
CROFL Jordan's opposition at the sg spot

dbreiden83080
12-09-2020, 03:38 PM
CROFL Jordan's opposition at the sg spot

And could play good D..

Would love to see Harden check Mike.. What would Mike go for? 120 on 70%?

https://i.gifer.com/GNjq.gif

lefty
12-09-2020, 03:51 PM
And could play good D..

Would love to see Harden check Mike.. What would Mike go for? 120 on 70%?

https://i.gifer.com/GNjq.gif
Stark was an overrated defender, a lot of average SG's dropped dimes on his ass :lol

Stark, Majerle, Ehlo etc were propped up by ESPN and NBC as great defenders to make Jordan look better than he really was

dbreiden83080
12-09-2020, 04:08 PM
Stark was an overrated defender, a lot of average SG's dropped dimes on his ass :lol

Stark, Majerle, Ehlo etc were propped up by ESPN and NBC as great defenders to make Jordan look better than he really was

Made an all D team in 1993.. Not a great defender because of lack of size, but like we discussed he made up for a lot with grit, and effort. Starks would NOT quit.. Something in this era we have very little of.. You don't have to earn it. The refs just send you to the line.. The game is so wide open today man with the refs blowing the whistle to protect stars at a record level. Jordan would shoot 16 FT's a game easy..

Dirks_Finale
12-09-2020, 04:28 PM
I have tried to block that loss out of my mind forever in the memories of that Spurs era... What a clusterfuck.. But TBH 2006 was just as bad.. Best Spurs team to never win a championship..

2006 was pretty tough to swallow for SA fans, but I think that's just because of the circumstances, GM7, at home, down 3-1 on verge of coming back. The ending of that 04 game was like some sh1t scripted out of hollywood.

:lol I missed that game and saw the final score on a ticker

Then I watched highlights later that night and my reaction was THATS HOW WE LOST ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

So you may have missed Shaq's famous quote afterwards..."One lucky shot deserves another" :lol He looked so damn deflated after Tim sunk that leaner...there's no way they come back if they lose that game and go down 3-2. After Fish hit that shot he looked about as surprised as OJ Simpsons attorneys when the verdict came back.

Dirks_Finale
12-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Made an all D team in 1993.. Not a great defender because of lack of size, but like we discussed he made up for a lot with grit, and effort. Starks would NOT quit.. Something in this era we have very little of.. You don't have to earn it. The refs just send you to the line.. The game is so wide open today man with the refs blowing the whistle to protect stars at a record level. Jordan would shoot 16 FT's a game easy..

34% from distance back then. Back when they could play physical ball. He's probably a 20ppg scorer and shooting 40% from distance in this era of inflated stats.

dbreiden83080
12-09-2020, 05:02 PM
34% from distance back then. Back when they could play physical ball. He's probably a 20ppg scorer and shooting 40% from distance in this era of inflated stats.

Starks would probably play on 4 or 5 teams today, with so much player movement.. But contenders would be tripping themselves to sign him. A tough as nails competitor that can defend, and shoot the 3.. He also could hit the mid-range jumper especially when hot..

daslicer
12-09-2020, 06:23 PM
2006 was pretty tough to swallow for SA fans, but I think that's just because of the circumstances, GM7, at home, down 3-1 on verge of coming back. The ending of that 04 game was like some sh1t scripted out of hollywood.

So you may have missed Shaq's famous quote afterwards..."One lucky shot deserves another" :lol He looked so damn deflated after Tim sunk that leaner...there's no way they come back if they lose that game and go down 3-2. After Fish hit that shot he looked about as surprised as OJ Simpsons attorneys when the verdict came back.

I have always hated Shaq. Shaq was lucky Fisher hit that bs shot or he would have been in therapy for many years. That shot Duncan hit on him was even better than Jordan's Ehlo shot and would have been replayed over and over again for years. Shaq's pride would not have been able to handle it and he knows it that's why he was so relieved when Fisher's bs shot went in.

lefty
12-09-2020, 06:51 PM
“Physical” lol
Those myths smh :lol

lefty
12-09-2020, 06:53 PM

Jordan already got food stamps , he is to this day the most ref protected player in the history of the NBA

And all D team in the 90s is not a good argument, the 90s defense is overrated by nostalgic old heads, it was fucking shit

dbreiden83080
12-09-2020, 07:26 PM
Jordan already got food stamps , he is to this day the most ref protected player in the history of the NBA

And all D team in the 90s is not a good argument, the 90s defense is overrated by nostalgic old heads, it was fucking shit
If Harden had to play a game under 90s rules against the 1993 New York Knicks how do you think he would do? I think he would miss about 25 shots, and get ejected from the game for complaining to the refs that he wants a foul every time he takes a three point shot.

Worse have him play one of the early Michael Jordan Chicago Bulls title teams. Have Scottie Pippen and Jordan chasing him around 40 minutes pushing him off his spots, hand checking him. Yeah I’m sure he would dominate LOL.

daslicer
12-09-2020, 07:34 PM

I'm in my late 30's so I would say you are older than me. I'm not nostalgic for the dirty play I want to go back to the early to mid '00s when the Spurs could have juggernaut defense and were allowed to handcheck. Handchecking makes a huge difference when it comes to guarding perimeter players. Without it they are nearly impossible to guard.

lefty
12-09-2020, 08:25 PM
I'm in my late 30's so I would say you are older than me. I'm not nostalgic for the dirty play I want to go back to the early to mid '00s when the Spurs could have juggernaut defense and were allowed to handcheck. Handchecking makes a huge difference when it comes to guarding perimeter players. Without it they are nearly impossible to guard.

Handchecking was illegal during that era and it wouldn’t have bothered Lebron at all
It would have even favored him given his size and strength

Another myth

daslicer
12-09-2020, 09:10 PM
Handchecking was illegal during that era and it wouldn’t have bothered Lebron at all
It would have even favored him given his size and strength

Another myth

They made rules to get rid of hand checking during the '00s but they didn't start enforcing them after '05. This was evident in the '06 playoffs when both the Spurs and Pistons were complaining about how the league was calling the games. I remember during the '06 playoffs both teams got memos from the league they were going to start calling fouls. Also I don't know why the fuck you have to keep bringing up Lebron every time the past is brought up. Someone saying they like the old rules is not implying they believe Lebron would have sucked under these rules

Dirks_Finale
12-11-2020, 07:01 PM
“Physical” lol
Those myths smh :lolNo

Dirks_Finale
12-11-2020, 07:05 PM

No, but having brute centers in the paint to challenge shots would have :lol
PJ Tucker :lol

lefty
12-11-2020, 08:34 PM
No, but having brute centers in the paint to challenge shots would have :lol
PJ Tucker :lol

Lol those centers were late anyway most of the time because of the illegal defense rule they couldn’t “wait for x player” in the paint like the old heads say

lefty
12-11-2020, 08:36 PM
No

It wasn’t that physical

And if you need to hurt someone to stop him that means you can’t defend fir shit
So basically Jordan faced shit defenders

Dirks_Finale
12-11-2020, 08:47 PM
It was a prison yard mentality. Enter the paint too much and get floored. Still happened with guys like Shaq in the 00's.

I see virtually none of that today. They look like they are clearing the lane for the Pope to walk through. Explains how bums like Derozan get 20ppg. He would be a 12th man on a 90's roster :lol Right behind Jud Buechler :lol

It wasn’t that physical

And if you need to hurt someone to stop him that means you can’t defend fir shit
So basically Jordan faced shit defenders

lefty
12-11-2020, 10:48 PM
It was a prison yard mentality. Enter the paint too much and get floored. Still happened with guys like Shaq in the 00's.

I see virtually none of that today. They look like they are clearing the lane for the Pope to walk through. Explains how bums like Derozan get 20ppg. He would be a 12th man on a 90's roster :lol Right behind Jud Buechler :lol

Physicality isn’t that much different than before tbh
People think it was tough because of the highlight compilations,you can take the physical plays from the last few years and make a video compilation and people will think today is a bloodbath

Dirks_Finale
12-11-2020, 11:02 PM
People think it was tough because of the highlight compilations,you can take the physical plays from the last few years and make a video compilation and people will think today is a bloodbath

Nope - nothing really sustained...no real edgy play because we lack good rivalries. I mean fast forward a decade and even the 00's Spurs/Mavs had their Eddy Najera slamming Manu and Jet Terry smashing Finley's balls type moments. Now they don't want any of that because they all want to play together and go for boat rides :lol

Neo.
12-12-2020, 01:16 AM
:lmao at this exaggerated crap

daslicer
Nope - nothing really sustained...no real edgy play because we lack good rivalries. I mean fast forward a decade and even the 00's Spurs/Mavs had their Eddy Najera slamming Manu and Jet Terry smashing Finley's balls type moments. Now they don't want any of that because they all want to play together and go for boat rides :lol

Agreed. Spurs-Mavs rivalry great. You had a lot of testy moments from both teams. You also forgot to mention Juwon Howard pulling the rock bottom on Derek Anderson. Even in the years when both teams weren't competing for championships it was fun to watch them match up in the playoffs. I enjoyed beating the Mavs in 2010 and it was a great consolation prize in a year where I knew the Spurs weren't going to win a title.

Neo.

lefty
12-12-2020, 01:49 AM
Brainwashing does that to the uninitiated

Biggems
12-12-2020, 02:09 AM
Tbh

Phil didn't scheme shit.....it was Tex Winter. Phil was the fuckin Dr. Phil of the NBA. He was great at stroking egos, well except Pippen, sans Jordan.

Neo.
12-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Brainwashing does that to the uninitiated

I mean is there less blatantly dirty stuff in the modern nba? sure. rules are exponentially more strict than they used to be, so that's expected. but to act as if there's no physical play whatsoever is bogus, there's plenty of dirty and cheap stuff going on as always, and plenty of hard fouls being given. if there were no hard fouls and dirty stuff going on, then there wouldn't be reviews going on multiple times in nearly every game to determine if a foul was simply hard or to be deemed flagrant.

Dirks_Finale
12-12-2020, 04:35 PM
You may have a point there, tbh.

Phil didn't scheme shit.....it was Tex Winter. Phil was the fuckin Dr. Phil of the NBA. He was great at stroking egos, well except Pippen, sans Jordan.

Dirks_Finale
12-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Agreed. Spurs-Mavs rivalry great. You had a lot of testy moments from both teams. You also forgot to mention Juwon Howard pulling the rock bottom on Derek Anderson. Even in the years when both teams weren't competing for championships it was fun to watch them match up in the playoffs. I enjoyed beating the Mavs in 2010 and it was a great consolation prize in a year where I knew the Spurs weren't going to win a title.

2010 had me believing that we would not win a title in the Dirk era. We were the 2 seed, you guys the 7 seed and we couldn't even check Dick Jefferson and George Hill. So frustrating.

All hail Tyson Chandler and Dwayne Casey for shocking the world the following year.

But yeah, the rivalry we had was special... 2014 was also a total barn burner and I took no shame in dropping game 7. That Spur's team moved the ball about as well as possible.

daslicer
12-12-2020, 05:07 PM
2010 had me believing that we would not win a title in the Dirk era. We were the 2 seed, you guys the 7 seed and we couldn't even check Dick Jefferson and George Hill. So frustrating.

All hail Tyson Chandler and Dwayne Casey for shocking the world the following year.

But yeah, the rivalry we had was special... 2014 was also a total barn burner and I took no shame in dropping game 7. That Spur's team moved the ball about as well as possible.

In 2010 the Spurs played spoiler against the Mavs. I felt the Mavs in 2010 had a good chance of beating the Lakers because of their size with adding Haywood paired with Dirk. Spurs quick double teams of Dirk in that series was amazing in the sense they were able to disrupt the passing lanes for Dirk and force him to take uncomfortable shots. It took Pop 4 years to figure out how to defend Dirk but it seemed like he finally figured it out in that series. Also Terry for years had been a problem for the Spurs but the Spurs were able to use George Hill defensively to stop him. That to me was huge which took the wind out of the sails for the Mavs.

LkrFan
12-13-2020, 05:12 PM

Rummpd
12-13-2020, 05:38 PM
Ask any Fakers fan to dig deep and ask yourself would you take Duncan over Shaq and/or Kobe to start a team? Answer is TD anytime - no drama, highest winning percentage ever true star, most consistent great defender, unselfish etc. Most honestly would take him over LBJ - only Lakers in history would not is Kareem.

TDfan2007
12-14-2020, 09:55 PM
I mean is there less blatantly dirty stuff in the modern nba? sure. rules are exponentially more strict than they used to be, so that's expected. but to act as if there's no physical play whatsoever is bogus, there's plenty of dirty and cheap stuff going on as always, and plenty of hard fouls being given. if there were no hard fouls and dirty stuff going on, then there wouldn't be reviews going on multiple times in nearly every game to determine if a foul was simply hard or to be deemed flagrant.

It got worse in 2018 or so with the freedom of movement bullshit. It's much tougher to be physical now.

Anyone who plays will tell you there's a huge difference between a guy standing in front of you and contesting a shot then a guy riding you and being physical. It's easy enough to score in rec ball if you're allowed to get to your spot without much interference, let alone if you're a world class talent. And the average player is much more skilled now.

But to a point you've made before, guys are more skilled than ever regarding shooting, especially with pull-up 3s. It's MUCH harder to defend guys who you can't touch while they're getting illegal screens left and right and can knock down open pull-up 3s.

Neo.
12-14-2020, 11:56 PM
It got worse in 2018 or so with the freedom of movement bullshit. It's much tougher to be physical now.

by rule, true.

Anyone who plays will tell you there's a huge difference between a guy standing in front of you and contesting a shot then a guy riding you and being physical. It's easy enough to score in rec ball if you're allowed to get to your spot without much interference, let alone if you're a world class talent.

i don't agree. i'm not world class player by any means, but i play a lot in leagues and tournaments where plenty of physical contact is allowed and people take it so seriously its as if their lives depend on it. as an offensive player, 10/10 i prefer having a defender isolated with some space to work and all the handchecking in the world, over a well executed team defense that swarms and cuts lanes off at the right times. perhaps other people feel differently, but thats how i personally feel as someone who plays plenty.

And the average player is much more skilled now.

i agree

But to a point you've made before, guys are more skilled than ever regarding shooting, especially with pull-up 3s. It's MUCH harder to defend guys who you can't touch while they're getting illegal screens left and right and can knock down open pull-up 3s.

true. except for the fact that there is plenty of leniency on touching players and getting physical. while technically outlawed, hand checking still exists. quite blatantly too. and illegal screens have always been around. its not like they have just recently been an issue. any good PnR or PnP team through history has gotten away with a bunch of questionable screening tactics. lets not act like malone was setting a bunch of legal screens in his days.

about the only difference in how defenders play, is that there are a few less blatant flagrants, and that fouls get called more often on fully extended hand checks (or offensive players will do a swing-through and force a foul call). but if the defender moves their feet and avoids fully extending their arm, then refs usually let it slide. big whoop.

lefty
12-15-2020, 10:52 AM
agreed

LkrFan
12-15-2020, 12:01 PM
Ask any Fakers fan to dig deep and ask yourself would you take Duncan over Shaq and/or Kobe to start a team? Answer is TD anytime - no drama, highest winning percentage ever true star, most consistent great defender, unselfish etc. Most honestly would take him over LBJ - only Lakers in history would not is Kareem.

Comparing Shaq to Duncan is like comparing Lawrence Taylor to Ray Lewis. At their peaks, LT > Ray Lewis and Shaq > Duncan. Career wise? Give me Ray Lewis and Jim.

And yes, it would have been glorious if Kobe had Jim as his Robin for 15+ years. Jim would "guard the yard" no matter what. Shaq? Not so much :downspin:

ambchang
12-15-2020, 12:47 PM
Comparing Shaq to Duncan is like comparing Lawrence Taylor to Ray Lewis. At their peaks, LT > Ray Lewis and Shaq > Duncan. Career wise? Give me Ray Lewis and Jim.

And yes, it would have been glorious if Kobe had Jim as his Robin for 15+ years. Jim would "guard the yard" no matter what. Shaq? Not so much :downspin:

:lol. Kobe can’t even convincingly have MVPau as his robin.

Shaq was so dominant that Kobe had to throw a hissy fit to get rid of him such that he can inherit a lottery team.

Next thing you know kobe would be running Duncan off because Kobe can’t stand being the number 2.

Rummpd
01-03-2021, 08:35 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ranking-nba-legends-were-surrounded-212426848.html

Won more with far less. End of discussion

ambchang
01-03-2021, 11:03 PM
I’d argue having an mvp teammate is a way bigger advantage than three all star teammates and having an all nba teammate is much bigger than 1.5 x all star.

LkrFan
01-15-2021, 07:59 PM
https://twitter.com/lakeshow_wess/status/1350245232978259968?s=19

Joey Crawford 1
Jim 0

Bynumite
01-15-2021, 08:08 PM
"Won more with far less."

What. 4 hall of famers, 3 players, 1 coach wasn't enough? :lol

Less was what Garnett had to work with in Minnesota or Dirk for most of his career.

LkrFan
01-15-2021, 08:43 PM

Less was what Garnett had to work with in Minnesota or Dirk for most of his career.

Truth bombs :lol

ambchang
01-16-2021, 01:06 PM
When Kobe couldn’t win with Malone Payton and shaq: :cry they were past prime
When Duncan won with Stephen Jackson as his clear number 2: :lol he played with the admiral Manu and Parker.

Bynumite
01-16-2021, 01:11 PM
Forgot Robinson was a hall of famer too.

That's 5 hall of famer teammates and coach throughout his career but "Duncan won more with far less" :lol

Meanwhile, Dirk's and Garnett's best teammates were Jason Terry and Wally Szczerbiak, respectively :lol

lefty
01-16-2021, 01:21 PM
Robinson was on his last legs in 2003, Parker was a sophomore and Ginobili was an inconsistent rookie
Speedy Clacton was great though

But yeah for the next 3 titles he had help

James White!
01-16-2021, 01:23 PM
Duncan: 5 rings, 3 FMVPs, 2 MVPs

Corpsey Bryant: 5 rings, 2 FMVPs, 1 MVP

Let us proceed

ambchang
01-16-2021, 05:39 PM

That's 5 hall of famer teammates and coach throughout his career but "Duncan won more with far less" :lol

Meanwhile, Dirk's and Garnett's best teammates were Jason Terry and Wally Szczerbiak, respectively :lol

Kobe couldn’t win with shaq and rodman :lmao

dbreiden83080
01-17-2021, 12:21 AM
I’d argue having an mvp teammate is a way bigger advantage than three all star teammates and having an all nba teammate is much bigger than 1.5 x all star.

And the thing about Tim unlike all of these clowns today is his unbelievably unselfish nature.. His incredible skills as a leader helped his teammates become All-Stars and ultimately Hall of Fame players themselves. He helped them flourish. He never complained about them scoring points. That he wanted to be the man all the time. He didn’t care. Winning five championships was not just about how dominant a player Tim Duncan was. He wanted the team to succeed above all else.

dbreiden83080
01-17-2021, 12:23 AM

It’s amazing that the Spurs won the championship in 2014. Jesus Christ that Dallas series was a fucking nailbiter. I seriously thought at one point it was going to be a first round exit for us.

dbreiden83080
01-17-2021, 12:25 AM

Robinson Best season with Tim Duncan was 1999. And he was very effective, an all-star level player but not the dominant MVP player of his prime. After that he was basically an old man on his last legs. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker became All-Star teammates in large part due to Tim Duncan‘s amazing unselfishness as a leader.

MultiTroll
01-17-2021, 01:58 AM

Wow, Kirby had a lineup the same season of 2015-16!!!!!

All Star Roy Hibbert
All Star D'Angelo Russell
All Star Julius Randle
DPOY Metta Puss Artest
6th Man of year Lou Williams

Finished 17-65 with 5 All stars on his team.

daslicer
01-17-2021, 03:35 AM
And the thing about Tim unlike all of these clowns today is his unbelievably unselfish nature.. His incredible skills as a leader helped his teammates become All-Stars and ultimately Hall of Fame players themselves. He helped them flourish. He never complained about them scoring points. That he wanted to be the man all the time. He didn’t care. Winning five championships was not just about how dominant a player Tim Duncan was. He wanted the team to succeed above all else.

Duncan had the greatest balance I have ever seen when it came to winning. For example if Tim only needed to score 4 points to win a game then he would. If he had to score 30 are more to win then he would.

DMC
01-17-2021, 09:29 AM

post hoc ergo propter hoc

Manu was 57th overall pick. Tony was 28th. Did neither Dirk nor KG ever have any higher draft picks with them?

pulling 5 rings and turning those picks into HOFers is the mark of a true GOAT. Meanwhile Kobe couldn't get it done with 5 HOFers. Payton, Malone, Shaq, Fisher and Jackson.. beat by a team with maybe no HOFers other than Larry Brown.

Hell, even Kawhi was 16th overall.

Julius Randle, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, D'Angelo Russell, all #2 overall picks. Let me know when one becomes a HOFer with 4 rings.

DMC
01-17-2021, 09:33 AM

All Star Roy Hibbert
All Star Julius Randle
DPOY Metta Puss Artest

He also had an all star pilot and we know how that turned out.

dbreiden83080
01-17-2021, 10:24 AM
Duncan had the greatest balance I have ever seen when it came to winning. For example if Tim only needed to score 4 points to win a game then he would. If he had to score 30 are more to win then he would.

Yep.. He had playoff games when Tony or Manu had it going real good, so he would dominate on D, grab like 20 rebounds and take maybe 10 shots.. Whatever was needed..

ambchang
01-17-2021, 04:17 PM

All Star Roy Hibbert
All Star Julius Randle
DPOY Metta Puss Artest

:tu

FrostKing
01-18-2021, 07:59 AM
Kobe or Duncan

1. Nash
2. Kobe
3. Pippen
4. Dirk
5. Duncan

Dirks_Finale
01-18-2021, 01:46 PM
Robinson Best season with Tim Duncan was 1999. And he was very effective, an all-star level player but not the dominant MVP player of his prime. After that he was basically an old man on his last legs. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker became All-Star teammates in large part due to Tim Duncan‘s amazing unselfishness as a leader.

Blair gave us a nice spark. What the heck happened to that guy?

ohmwrecker
01-18-2021, 08:07 PM
lol Karl Malone and Gary Payton

Arcadian
01-20-2021, 01:16 PM
This thread was a total failure. Shut this shit down

Robz4000
01-26-2021, 09:02 PM
Blair gave us a nice spark. What the heck happened to that guy?

No ACLs, poor off-court decisions, and an inability to adjust his game.

lebomb
01-27-2021, 07:59 AM
post hoc ergo propter hoc

Manu was 57th overall pick. Tony was 28th. Did neither Dirk nor KG ever have any higher draft picks with them?

pulling 5 rings and turning those picks into HOFers is the mark of a true GOAT. Meanwhile Kobe couldn't get it done with 5 HOFers. Payton, Malone, Shaq, Fisher and Jackson.. beat by a team with maybe no HOFers other than Larry Brown.

Hell, even Kawhi was 16th overall.

Julius Randle, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, D'Angelo Russell, all #2 overall picks. Let me know when one becomes a HOFer with 4 rings.

Go ahead and / this thread. This is the realest and most truthful reply on the interwebs.

Bynumite
01-27-2021, 09:54 AM
I don't know why Fat Antonio fans got so defensive and started bringing up Kobe. Nobody's saying Kobe didn't have enough help, he had plenty of it but so did Jim.

The argument that "Jim accomplished more with less" is simply a false narrative, he had way more help than most of his peers.

KobesAchilles
01-27-2021, 10:13 AM
I don't know why Fat Antonio fans got so defensive and started bringing up Kobe. Nobody's saying Kobe didn't have enough help, he had plenty of it but so did Jim.

The argument that "Jim accomplished more with less" is simply a false narrative, he had way more help than most of his peers.

Compared to his peers? Lebron had more help and won less. Kobe had more help and won the same. Shaq had more help and won less. The problem is that you can't compare Jim to his peers unless they are all time greats. Like nobody is comparing my man Kobe to Reggie Miller or Clyde Drexler. Bc Kobe is above those players. Just like Jim is above Dirk or KG. And when it comes to all time greatness (the top 10), Jim had the least amount of help to any of those mfers.

lefty
01-27-2021, 11:22 AM

My fellow Spurs fans are very insecure and bitter tbh :lol

They hate guys like Hornacek, Malone and Stockton because they regularly kicked our asses
They hate the Lakers because they have beaten us most of the times but they were the better team when they beat us, as we were the better team when we beat them

Might be a side effect of watching too much sport on TV instead of burning calories

ambchang
01-27-2021, 02:23 PM

They hate guys like Hornacek, Malone and Stockton because they regularly kicked our asses
They hate the Lakers because they have beaten us most of the times but they were the better team when they beat us, as we were the better team when we beat them

Might be a side effect of watching too much sport on TV instead of burning calories

Malone because he was a sick pedo.

KobesAchilles
01-27-2021, 02:39 PM
Malone because he was a sick pedo.
I've never heard anyone say that they hate Jeff Hornacek as a player. Like ever. :lol And Stock is never trashed talked either. Malone deserves it for raping a 12 year old and then not being in his kid's life.

lefty
01-27-2021, 02:52 PM
I've never heard anyone say that they hate Jeff Hornacek as a player. Like ever. :lol And Stock is never trashed talked either. Malone deserves it for raping a 12 year old and then not being in his kid's life.
Oh yes I remember upstairs, a couple of Spurs fans hating Hornacek because he looked like an accountant and hurt the Spurs when he was with Phoenix

KobesAchilles
01-27-2021, 03:16 PM
Oh yes I remember upstairs, a couple of Spurs fans hating Hornacek because he looked like an accountant and hurt the Spurs when he was with Phoenix
Damn I don't remember his Phoenix days. Wasn't he part of the Barkley trade? Did we even play Phoenix in the playoffs when he was on the team? Or was that Pre-Robinson days that I have no idea about

ambchang
01-27-2021, 10:03 PM
Hornacek was really good. He was the main trading piece for Barkley as he was an all star or close to it when he was with phoenix. He didn’t do that well with philly and was the clear third wheel with the Jazz.

:lol that pedo couldn’t win with another top 25 player in Stockton and a guy like hornacek as a third wheel when a player like Barkley never had a top 25 player as his sidekick when he was in his prime and a guy like marjele as his third wheel. Then people would say that pedo was the second best pf ever.

LkrFan
01-27-2021, 11:20 PM

LkrFan
01-27-2021, 11:22 PM

lefty
01-28-2021, 01:28 AM
Hornacek was really good. He was the main trading piece for Barkley as he was an all star or close to it when he was with phoenix. He didn’t do that well with philly and was the clear third wheel with the Jazz.

:lol that pedo couldn’t win with another top 25 player in Stockton and a guy like hornacek as a third wheel when a player like Barkley never had a top 25 player as his sidekick when he was in his prime and a guy like marjele as his third wheel. Then people would say that pedo was the second best pf ever.

The Sums were more talented than the Jazz .
Majerle was shit, but KJ was pretty good , Ceballos was a pretty good scorer, pre-relapse Dumas was very promising.

But the problem is that they didn’t have all those pieces healthy at the same time unfortunately

ambchang
01-28-2021, 07:21 AM
Majerle was shit, but KJ was pretty good , Ceballos was a pretty good scorer, pre-relapse Dumas was very promising.

But the problem is that they didn’t have all those pieces healthy at the same time unfortunately

They were talented no doubt but I’d still say the jazz had better talent to compliment a Pf than the suns. Suns were deeper but basketball is about top line talent. The heatles were not that great after the big three (Ray Allen and some scrubs), Bulls were essentially just Jordan Pippen and. Decent PF. Very rarely can you have a team with four HoFers so shortly remove from their primes NOT win a title. I think it only happened twice.

Dirks_Finale
01-28-2021, 08:53 AM

Dirks_Finale
01-28-2021, 08:54 AM

No :lol

And Cedric was a garbage points player. Kinda worthless, tbh. I mean he couldn't really be counted on as one of your cornerstone pieces.

lefty
01-28-2021, 09:57 AM
No :lol

lo trying hard to make Jordan look like he overcame tough adversity at the SG spot :lol

Majerle was a slow footed cracker, he wouldn't even make the G League today :lmao

ambchang
01-28-2021, 10:33 AM
lo trying hard to make Jordan look like he overcame tough adversity at the SG spot :lol

Majerle was a slow footed cracker, he wouldn't even make the G League today :lmao

With his three point shooting and quick release he would be at least klay thompson preinjury in :lol today’s nba. Likely a multiple mvp winner.

lefty
01-28-2021, 01:29 PM
With his three point shooting and quick release he would be at least klay thompson preinjury in :lol today’s nba. Likely a multiple mvp winner.

:lol Klay Thompson is a much better shooter and defender than Dan Majerlol

ambchang
01-28-2021, 03:32 PM
:lol Klay Thompson is a much better shooter and defender than Dan Majerlol

Klay Thompson is just Dan Marjele playing in an empty gym.

Dirks_Finale
01-28-2021, 06:12 PM

Not the quickest guy. High IQ, though. Played the angles game very well. Did a good job of funneling quick guys into a wall of defense.

He'd have Steph type range in today's game, where every sub-par shooter has the green light to shoot from 30 feet or more.

lefty
01-28-2021, 07:07 PM
He'd have Steph type range in today's game.

Yeah me too

Dirks_Finale
01-28-2021, 07:16 PM
And that was a old washout Thunder Dan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0STfuwGX2k
Yeah me too

MultiTroll
01-28-2021, 07:26 PM
**the 1999 "title" was won by a team that only played 50 games.
Kobez, where is any evidence that Duncan had a "flawless career" as your thread title claims?

Oh and 2020's counts for what? Is this where you dance?

lefty
01-28-2021, 08:43 PM
And that was a old washout Thunder Dan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0STfuwGX2k

Looks like young Thunder Dan

90s shooting guards:lmao

Dirks_Finale
01-28-2021, 10:00 PM
Checked by GOAT defender Pippen. Modern NBA range. 23 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iijaUwRc6o

lefty
01-28-2021, 10:25 PM

Yay 1 game :lol

Dirks_Finale
01-28-2021, 11:31 PM
Yay 1 game :lol

That mofo could shoot lights out and you know this :lol

lefty
01-29-2021, 12:42 AM
That mofo could shoot lights out and you know this :lol

He wasn’t even the best 3 pt shooter of his era and you put him in the same sentence as Steph :lol
Wat :lol

MultiTroll
01-29-2021, 10:16 AM
https://fanbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/09/Detroit-Pistons.png
:rollin Shaq being denied due to that putz next to him.

Neo.
01-29-2021, 11:21 AM
He wasn’t even the best 3 pt shooter of his era and you put him in the same sentence as Steph :lol

and hitting one deep shot makes him have the same range and consistency as Steph :lmao so stupid

Dirks_Finale
01-29-2021, 03:55 PM

Where I did I say he was as good as Steph? Nobody is. But Majerle would have Steph like range in this day and age where every open 3 is considered a quality shot.

DMC
01-29-2021, 05:56 PM
https://fanbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/09/Detroit-Pistons.png
:rollin Shaq being denied due to that putz next to him.

Goddamn Shaq was a beast.

Neo.
01-29-2021, 07:08 PM
i could be wrong, but i personally believe that if anyone truly had the ability to hit difficult 3s with the same or even somewhat comparable consistency of steph, a coach would have allowed it because of how unguardable it is.

hitting those kinds of shots in practice, or on a good night in a game is one thing. hitting them consistently night in and night out, even hitting some on bad shooting nights is another thing.

lefty
01-29-2021, 08:22 PM
and hitting one deep shot makes him have the same range and consistency as Steph :lmao so stupid

lefty
01-29-2021, 08:23 PM
i could be wrong, but i personally believe that if anyone truly had the ability to hit difficult 3s with the same or even somewhat comparable consistency of steph, a coach would have allowed it because of how unguardable it is.

hitting those kinds of shots in practice, or on a good night in a game is one thing. hitting them consistently night in and night out, even hitting some on bad shooting nights is another thing.

You are right
If you can make them, then the coach will let you take them

Spurtacular
02-05-2021, 05:31 PM

We just gonna ignore the fact that Barkley dunked on Jordan and Pippen? :lol

lefty
02-05-2021, 05:45 PM

:lol Demar DeJordan

DMC
02-05-2021, 08:12 PM

You didn't get a 1 for 10 from 3 in those days and have a green light in the 2nd half.

DMC
02-05-2021, 08:13 PM

Barkley was one of the greatest players ever. He dunked on a lot of people.

Dirks_Finale
02-05-2021, 09:22 PM

In transition, though.

Jordan should have fouled him, tbh.

Neo.
02-06-2021, 12:06 AM
You didn't get a 1 for 10 from 3 in those days and have a green light in the 2nd half.

guys like reggie absolutely had that kind of freedom

problem is, there were far fewer guys who could shoot like reggie back then compared to now

and there was absolutely no one like steph who played back then

LkrFan
12-16-2021, 12:56 PM
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332448952700919808?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332449454339756032?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332451865464774657?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332452301798195200?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332452634674925568?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332453520709062657?s=19
https://twitter.com/SysTim_/status/1332453625998655489?s=19

And this doesn't include his Olympic Bronze Medal
https://www.usab.com/~/media/b28a5cc11d724e67ba0736b643715c5b.ashx?as=1&iar=1
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/2CP9PM7/tim-duncan-center-for-the-us-mens-basketball-team-bows-his-head-after-receiving-his-bronze-medals-at-the-athens-2004-olympic-games-august-28-2004-reuterslucy-nicholson-mb-2CP9PM7.jpg

And let's not forget how he celebrated his divorce from Any with David Robinson
https://i.imgur.com/esD1ulJ.jpg

:rollin :lmao :rollin
*BUMP* :toast

MultiTroll
12-16-2021, 07:45 PM
https://youtu.be/N7AoBj6tnnA

MultiTroll
12-16-2021, 07:46 PM
https://youtu.be/5_iN6qwvoS8

LkrFan
12-17-2021, 09:29 AM