PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Russell Westbrook traded to Washington Wizards for John Wall

Rusty
12-02-2020, 08:01 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1334300248743813125?s=20

Robz4000
12-02-2020, 08:06 PM
:rollin

daslicer
12-02-2020, 08:06 PM
Wall is worse than Westbrook. He also has more years left on his contract.

lefty
12-02-2020, 08:15 PM
:lol

12-02-2020, 08:32 PM
:lol

LkrFan
12-02-2020, 09:09 PM
I heard Wall is healthy. Hope it works out. Him and Boogie were UK teammates.

LkrFan
12-02-2020, 09:13 PM
https://twitter.com/DrewUnga/status/1334319429073530883?s=19

phxspurfan
12-02-2020, 09:24 PM
dunkonabitch John Wall whoaa

piSzca9hI8E

LCVBje_8LrI

dis what ahh do mans

baseline bum
12-02-2020, 09:30 PM
Win-Win. Westbrook gets to go back to stat padding on the Wizards and Houston gets a fat piece of shit on a monstrously bloated contract.

djohn2oo8
12-02-2020, 09:43 PM
Rockets had no choice. Westbrook wanted the Wizards and told Houston he would not play and would sit out the year. Surprised Washington gave up a pick

baseline bum
12-02-2020, 10:01 PM
Rockets had no choice. Westbrook wanted the Wizards and told Houston he would not play and would sit out the year. Surprised Washington gave up a pick

Rockets should have fucking suspended him so they didn't have to pay the contract then. Dude is due more than $130 million over the next 3 years. He wasn't going to sit out and forfeit that much money. Not gonna shed a tear for the NBAPA when owners force non-guaranteed NFL style deals in the next lockout.

ducks
12-02-2020, 11:06 PM
Rockets should have fucking suspended him so they didn't have to pay the contract then. Dude is due more than $130 million over the next 3 years. He wasn't going to sit out and forfeit that much money. Not gonna shed a tear for the NBAPA when owners force non-guaranteed NFL style deals in the next lockout.

All because Houston owner gave republicans 105k

koriwhat
12-02-2020, 11:32 PM

:lol prima donnas

baseline bum
12-02-2020, 11:47 PM

Probably the excuse so he didn't have to say Harden's a ball hog. Especially since he's an even worse one.

djohn2oo8
12-02-2020, 11:53 PM
I keep seeing if Wall gets hurt again then insurance covers his salary. Not sure how true that is

djohn2oo8
12-02-2020, 11:54 PM
Probably the excuse so he didn't have to say Harden's a ball hog. Especially since he's an even worse one.
Stephen Silas came in and told Russ and Harden he is going to implement more ball movement. Russ got upset.

baseline bum
12-02-2020, 11:56 PM
I keep seeing if Wall gets hurt again then insurance covers his salary. Not sure how true that is

Probably only if it forces him into retirement. And then someone would still try to sign him anyways later on to screw the Rockets over like the Grizzlies did to force Portland into paying Darius Miles' contract when they wooed him out of retirement.

baseline bum
12-02-2020, 11:58 PM
Stephen Silas came in and told Russ and Harden he is going to implement more ball movement. Russ got upset.

Pretty dumb move by Silas when that team is built on just give Harden the ball and be ready to shoot threes off his penetration.

djohn2oo8
12-03-2020, 12:01 AM
Also Silas pointed out what in Westbrook’s game was inefficient. Dude got pissed about that too

djohn2oo8
12-03-2020, 12:03 AM
Pretty dumb move by Silas when that team is built on just give Harden the ball and be ready to shoot threes off his penetration.
It is, however, against the Lakers Harden got double teamed and there was no other movement. I’m still interested to see how he does as first time head coach after seeing what he did with Luka.

phxspurfan
12-03-2020, 12:11 AM

damn I cant wait for that to happen in the NBA. Players are so annoying now with their backing out of contracts

daslicer
12-03-2020, 12:19 AM

Kawhi set a bad precedent for a lot of these players. After what Kawhi pulled off with the Spurs they now believe they can do the same.

daslicer
12-03-2020, 12:22 AM
damn I cant wait for that to happen in the NBA. Players are so annoying now with their backing out of contracts

I would like to see an owner just let his superstar sweat it out if they want out of the contract. Let that superstar know that he will have to play out his contract and make it miserable for him. I wish the Spurs had done that to Kawhi even though he would have walked and they would have gotten nothing. There is no point in signing these chodes to 4 year deals if they are only going to play 1 year then ask out for the remaining 3.

You can stand up to these players. I think the owners forgot how to do that or it's these new generation of owners don't have the backbone to do it. I remember during the 90's when the Rockets owner told Hakeem to shut up and play when he demanded to get traded to the Lakers. Scottie Pippen asked to be traded a bunch of times from the bulls but Reinsdorf refused to do it and they still ended up winning a bunch of titles with a disgruntled Pippen.

baseline bum
12-03-2020, 12:37 AM

I'm fundamentally against the idea of non-guaranteed contracts, but where else do the owners have to go when you sign a guy and are stuck with him (or trading him for equivalent crap) if he doesn't live up to the deal but if he's good he won't honor the deal because he wants to be elsewhere? What a joke. The league was doing great from the late 90s to the late 10s when players had guaranteed big money deals but honored their contracts. Now though if one side can effectively opt out of the deal the other should be able to also.

FrostKing
12-03-2020, 01:00 AM
Media and fans fed them the narrative they are Millionaire slaves. This isn't your 90's black athlete.

daslicer
12-03-2020, 02:04 AM
Media and fans fed them the narrative they are Millionaire slaves. This isn't your 90's black athlete.

Agreed. I understood the anger Scottie Pippen had back in the day when he was severely underpaid. They were other guys like Malone who were also underpaid. So I got it when those guys complained about the unfairness of their situation. This current generation is just hateable. They have it too good. Not only do they get paid but they get fame more easily than players in the previous era. They also don't have to deal with harsh criticism from the media when they don't win. This is why I don't respect them because I feel a lot of their problems are just imaginary.

Neo.
12-03-2020, 03:05 AM
Agreed. I understood the anger Scottie Pippen had back in the day when he was severely underpaid. They were other guys like Malone who were also underpaid. So I got it when those guys complained about the unfairness of their situation. This current generation is just hateable. They have it too good. Not only do they get paid but they get fame more easily than players in the previous era. They also don't have to deal with harsh criticism from the media when they don't win. This is why I don't respect them because I feel a lot of their problems are just imaginary.

i mostly agreed with everything until the bolded part

thats just ridiculous, the criticism for losing these days is far worse than ever

the majority of people consider malone to be #2 or #3 PF ever. but if pulled the same chokejobs and made an entire career off of finishing stocktons pocket passes like he did in his day, but instead in the modern league? no way anyone considers him even a top 5 PF ever he would get roasted so bad. he would basically be regarded the same as a guy like westbrook - a stat padding loser

baseline bum
12-03-2020, 03:12 AM

thats just ridiculous, the criticism for losing these days is far worse than ever

the majority of people consider malone to be #2 or #3 PF ever. but if pulled the same chokejobs and made an entire career off of finishing stocktons pocket passes like he did in his day, but instead in the modern league? no way anyone considers him even a top 5 PF ever he would get roasted so bad. he would basically be regarded the same as a guy like westbrook - a stat padding loser

Malone might have been kicked out of the league in this era for raping a kid.

daslicer
12-03-2020, 03:36 AM

I don't know how casual fans view Malone but I know on most message boards he gets ranked somewhere between 3-5. I have seen guys rank Duncan,Dirk,KG all ahead of him. Malone got crucified pretty badly for his choke jobs in '97 and '98. I remember the national media clowning him when Scottie Pippen went up to him at the free throw line in game 1 of the '97 finals with the game being on the line saying "The mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays." Giannis has failed twice despite having back to back MVPs but even the criticism he has faced is kind of tame considering what he would have faced back then. The media still views him as a top 3 player despite his choke jobs. You haven't heard national media say he didn't deserve his 2 MVP awards. They would have definitely said it back then had he failed to win a title in back to back years when he won the MVP. So who knows maybe Malone get's Giannis treatment.

Who can also forget this interview
0mJrrabVs_A

I felt the interviews the players had to do back then were a lot more tougher. You didn't have journalists trying to be their friends. They had to actually answer difficult questions like this interview with Jim Grey.
e4Jk-Ud4Qsg

I can't imagine a reporter having the galls to go at a player like Westbrook today and call him out on his selfish play or actually question Kawhi when it comes to his load management bs. Hell I remember players always complaining about how much they hated Bill Walton's criticism back then. The only talking head I feel that really gets to these players today is Skip Bayless and his act is mainly with Lebron. Overall though guys like Jim Rome were much worse back then when they went in on the players. I will never forget him calling David Robinson the "Little mermaid" and it sticking for a long time until the Spurs won a title. I remember back when I was in hschool seeing the media just came down hard on the Spurs when they got swept by the Lakers. They called both Tim and David soft and weak.

The only thing I feel the players have it worse today is social media.

R. DeMurre
12-03-2020, 04:36 AM
Westbrook's legacy is going to be pretty simple-- other stars didn't like playing with him. Durant left him, Paul George left him, and Harden didn't want to give it more than one season. His style of play is inefficient and exhausting to deal with, and he'll probably be happier putting up bigger numbers on a losing team in Washington.

Bynumite
12-03-2020, 06:35 AM
Rockets did alright considering how fucked their draft situation is for the foreseeable future.

Still getting skullfucked once again should they meet dem Lakers in the playoffs :toast

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-03-2020, 09:52 AM
:rollin

KobesAchilles
12-03-2020, 10:27 AM
Rocket fans everywhere are really happy with the way Tilman is running this franchise let me tell you :lol

Neo.
12-03-2020, 10:39 AM
I don't know how casual fans view Malone but I know on most message boards he gets ranked somewhere between 3-5. I have seen guys rank Duncan,Dirk,KG all ahead of him. Malone got crucified pretty badly for his choke jobs in '97 and '98. I remember the national media clowning him when Scottie Pippen went up to him at the free throw line in game 1 of the '97 finals with the game being on the line saying "The mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays." Giannis has failed twice despite having back to back MVPs but even the criticism he has faced is kind of tame considering what he would have faced back then. The media still views him as a top 3 player despite his choke jobs. You haven't heard national media say he didn't deserve his 2 MVP awards. They would have definitely said it back then had he failed to win a title in back to back years when he won the MVP. So who knows maybe Malone get's Giannis treatment.

Who can also forget this interview
0mJrrabVs_A

I felt the interviews the players had to do back then were a lot more tougher. You didn't have journalists trying to be their friends. They had to actually answer difficult questions like this interview with Jim Grey.
e4Jk-Ud4Qsg

I can't imagine a reporter having the galls to go at a player like Westbrook today and call him out on his selfish play or actually question Kawhi when it comes to his load management bs. Hell I remember players always complaining about how much they hated Bill Walton's criticism back then. The only talking head I feel that really gets to these players today is Skip Bayless and his act is mainly with Lebron. Overall though guys like Jim Rome were much worse back then when they went in on the players. I will never forget him calling David Robinson the "Little mermaid" and it sticking for a long time until the Spurs won a title. I remember back when I was in hschool seeing the media just came down hard on the Spurs when they got swept by the Lakers. They called both Tim and David soft and weak.

The only thing I feel the players have it worse today is social media.

I don't disagree that there seemed to be more of the occasional reporters that would piss off a player badly back then, but let's not act like it was the norm and that half the reporters were doing that.

and skip isn't the only person who will say stupid crap to get a rise out of players, he just does it for an obnoxious degree that almost no one has ever tried. but plenty of other reporters are very opinionated and critical.

personally, it wouldn't surprise me if giannis is being given a bit of a pass because of all the BLM and civil unrest going on, and most people don't wanna rock the boat

daslicer
12-03-2020, 11:16 AM
I don't disagree that there seemed to be more of the occasional reporters that would piss off a player badly back then, but let's not act like it was the norm and that half the reporters were doing that.

and skip isn't the only person who will say stupid crap to get a rise out of players, he just does it for an obnoxious degree that almost no one has ever tried. but plenty of other reporters are very opinionated and critical.

personally, it wouldn't surprise me if giannis is being given a bit of a pass because of all the BLM and civil unrest going on, and most people don't wanna rock the boat

It was pretty much the norm back then. Players hated addressing the media back then more so than today because the questions were not going to be loaded with softball questions. I grew up in Charlotte during the 90's so I remember even the tough questions local media would ask to the players. I remember Alonzo Mourning cursing them out on a few occasions. That's how tough the questioning was back then.

JohnnyMax
12-03-2020, 12:01 PM
Houston gets rid of the cancer before the cancer got rid of the rest of the team

baseline bum
12-03-2020, 12:02 PM
Houston gets rid of the cancer before the cancer got rid of the rest of the team

Yeah but they brought in AIDS

Chucho
12-03-2020, 12:27 PM
Yeah but they brought in AIDS

AIDS is manageable, tho. Cancer varies.

lefty
12-03-2020, 12:35 PM
Re: Malone vs Giannis treatment

Giannis is still young while Malone in 97 and 98 was already a 10+ year vieteran

Also Malone had other choke jobs prior to 1997

In game 6 of the 1992 WCF, he got hus ass handed to him by Buck WIlliams in the 4th quarter

Stockton also bailed him out in that 4th quarter in game 6 vs Houston in 1997

The media also gave MJ a pass before his 1st title despite well documented choke jobs and faiures

baseline bum
12-03-2020, 12:56 PM
AIDS is manageable, tho. Cancer varies.

Didn't say HIV man, Wall is full blown AIDS.

daslicer
12-03-2020, 01:03 PM
Re: Malone vs Giannis treatment

Giannis is still young while Malone in 97 and 98 was already a 10+ year vieteran

Also Malone had other choke jobs prior to 1997

In game 6 of the 1992 WCF, he got hus ass handed to him by Buck WIlliams in the 4th quarter

Stockton also bailed him out in that 4th quarter in game 6 vs Houston in 1997

The media also gave MJ a pass before his 1st title despite well documented choke jobs and faiures

I don't remember the 80's since I was way too young back then. I only remember the 90's. I have read some 80's literature and talked to older people but the common theme from the media during the 80's was MJ was a Russell Westbrook player that didn't make his teammate better and had a style of play that could never win. I don't believe he did get pass for his failures. Hence his jealousy and hatred early on his career of Magic Johnson when he was quoted saying Magic won because he had better teammates than he did.

Shaq was also young in '95 when he got his ass busted by Hakeem but he still got clowned for getting swept.

DMC
12-03-2020, 01:17 PM
The Get Mines crew doing crew stuff

lefty
12-03-2020, 02:50 PM
I don't remember the 80's since I was way too young back then. I only remember the 90's. I have read some 80's literature and talked to older people but the common theme from the media during the 80's was MJ was a Russell Westbrook player that didn't make his teammate better and had a style of play that could never win. I don't believe he did get pass for his failures. Hence his jealousy and hatred early on his career of Magic Johnson when he was quoted saying Magic won because he had better teammates than he did.

Shaq was also young in '95 when he got his ass busted by Hakeem but he still got clowned for getting swept.
Maybe he did get his fair share of criticism during the 80s, I may be wrong
But the media did annoint him the GOAT before the Bulls won jack and shit

LeGiannis
12-03-2020, 03:41 PM
At least Wall plays some defense...

Seventyniner
12-03-2020, 05:15 PM
Westbrook's legacy is going to be pretty simple-- other stars didn't like playing with him. Durant left him, Paul George left him, and Harden didn't want to give it more than one season. His style of play is inefficient and exhausting to deal with, and he'll probably be happier putting up bigger numbers on a losing team in Washington.

Wouldn't it be ironic if bringing in Westbrook leads to Beal demanding a trade?

Rummpd
12-03-2020, 05:44 PM
Live in DC and sports radio thinks Wizards pulled a fast one - not sure but probably good for both sides

DMC
12-03-2020, 06:10 PM

Plus he's probably a real drama whore on the floor and lockerroom, always with a chip on his shoulder. The problem with his level of athleticism is it's often without skill and he's got just enough skill to make him unjustifiably arrogant.

Dirks_Finale
12-03-2020, 06:20 PM
It was pretty much the norm back then. Players hated addressing the media back then more so than today because the questions were not going to be loaded with softball questions. I grew up in Charlotte during the 90's so I remember even the tough questions local media would ask to the players. I remember Alonzo Mourning cursing them out on a few occasions. That's how tough the questioning was back then.

This.

The scrutiny just seems bad now because of social media.

baseline bum
12-03-2020, 06:28 PM
Live in DC and sports radio thinks Wizards pulled a fast one - not sure but probably good for both sides

It was, Wall is the worst contract in the league. Haven't been a Westbrook fan since he left UCLA but he can probably get them into the playoffs and drum up fan interest in DC since he can go back to statpadding for triple doubles. Wall tore his achilles and got fat, completely worthless player on what is at best the second worst contract in the league. But I'll give Klay the benefit of the doubt that he'll work to at least be a serviceable player in a couple of years after the achilles tear so I'm still going to call Wall the worst contract in the league.

ambchang
12-03-2020, 06:41 PM
:lol today’s nba.

djohn2oo8
12-04-2020, 07:39 AM
Westbrook and Beal will be the worst defensive backcourt in the league. Wall doesn’t need to be great. However, teams did not fear leaving Westbrook open. Wall needs to work on catch and shooting

djohn2oo8
12-04-2020, 07:41 AM
Rockets did alright considering how fucked their draft situation is for the foreseeable future.

Still getting skullfucked once again should they meet dem Lakers in the playoffs :toast
If Christian Wood can continue developing it’s going to be a good series

djohn2oo8
12-04-2020, 07:43 AM
Rocket fans everywhere are really happy with the way Tilman is running this franchise let me tell you :lol
They are idiots. They drag Fertitta and completely forget that Les Alexander was ass. Giving out 40 million dollar contracts to Kelvin Cato and shit

KobesAchilles
12-04-2020, 09:40 AM
They are idiots. They drag Fertitta and completely forget that Les Alexander was ass. Giving out 40 million dollar contracts to Kelvin Cato and shit
Save for 2007, surrounding Yao and Tmac with shit didn't help either. I still remember that game 7 against the Mavs where Tmac scored 40, Yao 35, and the Rockets team as a whole had like 77 points. Just a punch to the gut :lol

djohn2oo8
12-04-2020, 10:20 AM
https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-11/03/xin_00110203141606169035.jpg

:lol yep can’t forget those days, Juwan Howard, David Wesley, Scott Padgett, Bob Sura

ducks
12-04-2020, 10:52 AM
Talk in Houston is they are not trading harden before opening

Millennial_Messiah
12-04-2020, 11:28 AM
:rollin :rollin :rollin

O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C! O-K-C!

Millennial_Messiah
12-04-2020, 11:29 AM
https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-11/03/xin_00110203141606169035.jpg

:lol yep can’t forget those days, Juwan Howard, David Wesley, Scott Padgett, Bob Sura

Very deep bench but not enough substance and injury luck at the top, regardless of whether it was Francis or McGrady paired with the big china glass doll tbh.

lefty
12-04-2020, 01:54 PM
I That's how tough the questioning was back then.
Questions were more physical

djohn2oo8
12-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Russ thinks he was a scapegoat? Brotha the Lakers left you wide open :lol

Rummpd
12-04-2020, 02:58 PM
From DC perspective good riddance John Wall who basically quit on team nursed you back to health 18 m and Westbrooke may have faults but is not a quitter

djohn2oo8
12-04-2020, 03:25 PM
From DC perspective good riddance John Wall who basically quit on team nursed you back to health 18 m and Westbrooke may have faults but is not a quitter
Lol what? Westbrook told the team he would not suit up for any game this season.

MultiTroll
12-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Lol what? Westbrook told the team he would not suit up for any game this season.
Can some one do the
____ what Houston gave up to OKC for _______ (WestChuck) ----that became John Wall (including - 1 draft pick)

ambchang
12-06-2020, 12:19 PM
Maybe he did get his fair share of criticism during the 80s, I may be wrong
But the media did annoint him the GOAT before the Bulls won jack and shit

Crock of shit lefty. Jordan wasn’t considered as good as bird or magic until he won his second. The media was pushing hard for that narrative after his first, citing him being better than magic with his triumph over aids in 91 but it was around better player st that moment, not in terms of career. It wasn’t until the three peat where the goat talk became widely accepted.

R. DeMurre
12-06-2020, 12:27 PM
Crock of shit lefty. Jordan wasn’t considered as good as bird or magic until he won his second. The media was pushing hard for that narrative after his first, citing him being better than magic with his triumph over aids in 91 but it was around better player st that moment, not in terms of career. It wasn’t until the three peat where the goat talk became widely accepted.

This is the truth. I clearly remember sportscasters in the late 80s saying that Jordan was a great individual player, but he didn't make his teammates better like Magic and Bird did... I thought it was a ridiculous opinion at the time.