PDA

View Full Version : A letter from a Spurs fan

Walton Buys Off Me
07-12-2003, 06:23 PM
If David can retire on top- so can I. I've suppported this team for thirteen fucking years and I will not sit around and watch some idiot replace The Man with Rasho Fucking Nesterovic.

I feel great about leaving the Spurs with a championship- all the harrasssment I was forced to endure is worth it knowing that Dave left the game with class, greatness and gold.

It appears it might be time for me to move on- here's list of teams I'll be keeping my eye on this coming year- the following year I'll likely make my pick as to who will replace the Spurs as my team.

Nobody, of course will ever replace the Spurs but without David (and the prospect of Rasho), I'm not sure I wanna go through this year.

Teams (in alphabatical order):
Denver (Carmelo Anthony looks for real- Kiki is also one executive to watch)
Detroit ( I think this Milicic kid will dominate the East)
Memphis (Jerry West in the antithesis to RC Buford)
Minnesota (you know how I feel about KG- they must lose Rasho though)

The favorite is Detroit- Ben Wallace is the closest thing to Robinson in the league right now and Milicic is going to be awesome. Larry Brown is the coach- they seem like the perfect fit for me right now.

This isn't final- it's now in the hands of our front office, which has been completely incompetent in their dealings this offseason. If Rasho signs, I walk- it's that simple, end of discussion. I will also do everything in my power to lure Parker and Ginobili away from the Spurs- I will write letters, make phone calls- everything.

MannyIsGod
07-12-2003, 06:26 PM
um, ok?

sportcamper1
07-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey don’t forget that Luke Walton is now a Lakers so you got that Zen Bling Bling Thing Working For You…Which is nice…:lol

MannyIsGod
07-12-2003, 06:34 PM
fucking bandwagon fans.

GTFO already.

TwoHandJam
07-12-2003, 06:36 PM
A fan for 13 years isn't a bandwagon fan.

MannyIsGod
07-12-2003, 06:47 PM
A fan that jumps at ANY time is a bandwagon fan.

Walton Buys Off Me
07-12-2003, 06:48 PM
So I guess you gota be a fan for life right?

You're smart

picnroll
07-12-2003, 06:58 PM
I'd rather burn in hell for eternity than be a Lakers fan.

Walton Buys Off Me
07-12-2003, 07:00 PM
I don't think the Lakers were mentioned anywhere here......:sleep

picnroll
07-12-2003, 07:02 PM
sportscamper invited you to join the dark force. I was responding to him.

DeSPURado
07-12-2003, 07:03 PM
I'm feelin you Walton...I will be paying alot more attention this year to the Wolves. However I think Rasho is a good player, what they need is to trade Ricky Davis for Wally and to sign Howard, and they will be very competitive. In fact I think they will be better than Dallas this year with the pick up of Sam Cassell.

KoriEllis
07-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Walton, your emotion on this subject is understandable. A lot of people are disappointed in the Spurs' offseason so far.

You say you'll switch teams if they get Rasho. What if they get Kandi? How about Odom + someone? Where is your line drawn? Just curious.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Please watch your step as you exit the bandwagon.

AUFWIEDERSEHEN.

SpursWoman
07-12-2003, 07:15 PM
http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10059000/10059282.jpg

MannyIsGod
07-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Fine, you don't have to be a fan for life, you don't have to be shit you don't want to be.

You're just not a real fan.

Real fans ARE fans for life, through THICK and THIN.

You are a bandwagon fan.

I've always like other teams around the leauge that I pay attention to, but my heart lies in one place. With the Spurs.

THATS BEING A FAN.

DeSPURado
07-12-2003, 07:48 PM
You know this is kind of hypocritical...Usually bandwagon fans are associated with jumping when a team is in decline or lottery locked year in and year out. Now are you changing that definition? I'm still a Spurs fan and Walton is still a Spurs fan, he's just changing the way he feels about a team that is changing its identity. You had to kind of expect this especially when they are losing the guy who defined this franchise. I'm sure some fans felt the same when we traded the Iceman.

Make no mistake I am not jumping off from being a fan. I'm just having a hard time feeling good about next year as a Spursfan. Hell I was great during the Dominique Wilkens & Monty Williams year. I loved watching that team. This is just different, and its been hard to accept everything the management has been doing over the summer. Hence I will be following the Wolves team more closely this year. Hell I always have watched them as my second favorite team.

You can say what you want about Walton but it makes no sense to criticize him. This isn't a pissing contest to see who can follow the Spurs for a longer period of time. Its about being a fan of the game as a whole. Its about watching the game evolve. And its about entertainment.

TwoHandJam
07-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Manny would have you believe that he is an authority on exactly what the definition of a "fan" is.

MannyIsGod
07-12-2003, 08:09 PM
I have my opinion as to what constitues a fan.

Walton is not it.

MannyIsGod
07-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Just do me a favor, don't come back when the spurs are once again in the finals and start cheering, if you GTFO , STFO.

Yoda
07-12-2003, 08:48 PM
Hey don’t forget that Luke Walton is now a Lakers so you got that Zen Bling Bling Thing Working For You…Which is nice…

sportscamper invited you to join the dark force. I was responding to him.

Beware of the Dark Side. Anger, fear, agression...the dark side of the Force are they, easily they flow....quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path forever will it dominate you're destiny, consume you it will....stronger the dark side is not.....easier and more seductive it is.

Walton Buys Off Me
07-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Manny, out of curiousity, have long have you been a Spurs fan?

If the way you write gives us any indication, you're probably only about nine years old.........

My favorite player has always been David Robinson- he's the reason I started watching basketball in the first place- he's not coming back and now there's talk his replecement will be Rasho Nesterovic. To me. I'm not the one jumping here- the Spurs front office is.

Don't lecture me on what constitutes being a fan little boy- you have no idea how deep my convictions run with this team.

Marcus Bryant
07-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Why exactly does the player who takes DRob's spot in the starting lineup have to be a star? Makes no sense.

Patrick Davis
07-12-2003, 11:44 PM
Lets put it this way.

I was gonna stay a spurs fan if they got Kidd and traded Parker. I don't like Kidd, I like Parker. You have to stick with em. I know how dissapointing this offseason seems, but Rasho isn't horrible. I don't like the guy either, but you only have so many choices. Pop knows what he's doing. If you leave now your gonna regret it.

Bounce580
07-12-2003, 11:44 PM
You're not a Spurs fan, chief. You're a David Robinson fan.

Get on your letter writing, you're running out of time. I'm sure a lot of GMs have never seen Ginobili, and all it takes is a letter from some peon to set off a FA bonanza.

Admiral
07-13-2003, 12:02 AM
Tim deserves another quality low post player, and Nesterovic isn't it. I will be surprised if we end up with him anyway.

For now, sign Brian Skinner to play backup. He will be a good sixth man if we end up having to start Malik.

What happens if nobody signs here all summer? Will we have to call Sterling to ask him how he gets his payroll up to the minimum cutoff? :lol

MannyIsGod
07-13-2003, 03:55 AM
I have no idea how deep your convictions run with this team? WRONG.

You spelled it out for everyone to see in your so called letter.

You're convictions don't run deep enough to keep the spurs as "your team".

You're about as idiotic as a guy who just got in a car accident saying telling the cops they don't know how good his driving skills are.

I'm 23, I've been watching basketball since David Robinson came into the leauge. So what, since i was 10 or so? 13 years, coincidently the same amount of time you had been a fan of the spurs.

Hey be my guest, jump off the wagon, for whatever your reasons. But don't be mad at me for calling you what you are, a bandwagon fan of the spurs. You may be a die hard fan of David, which is cool, but of the Spurs you are definetly not.

As far as my writting goes. Heh, I'll put my writting skills up against yours anyday punkass. Do not confuse my posting style with any lack of writting skills.

Now GTFO the wagon, and like I said, STAY OFF.

lefty
03-23-2022, 03:24 PM
Detroit ( I think this Milicic kid will dominate the East)

:lol