PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: The James Memo NBA bends to let players rest more per his wishes of course

Rummpd
12-07-2020, 05:57 PM
Lakers shadow President L. James is happy he does not have to work so hard after a measly two month vacation - nothing unexpected here as NBA caves once again to its stars. He and former teammate Green complaints paid off of course.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30471327/nba-relaxes-resting-policies-non-nationally-televised-games

Bynumite
12-07-2020, 07:36 PM
Fat Antonio set the trend. You have nary room.

Rummpd
12-07-2020, 07:50 PM
James has to really work with his sham docs on cycling his “agents” to keep him healthy and undetected

lefty
12-07-2020, 07:56 PM
Smart move by a high basketball IQ player

If they did this in the 80s 90s they would have had longer careers

:lol 82 regular season games

Rummpd
12-07-2020, 08:19 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30472113/lebron-james-best-thing-extension-potential-future-son

James per usual is totally unlikeable.

lefty
12-07-2020, 09:42 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30472113/lebron-james-best-thing-extension-potential-future-son

Why not?
Why is that a bad thing?
Who said it’s forbidden?

Yesterday’s NBA had brothers playing together

Le ron is taking it to another level, confirming once again he’s the next step in human evolution

Kawhitstorm
12-07-2020, 09:43 PM
Smart move by a high basketball IQ player

If they did this in the 80s 90s they would have had longer careers

:lol 82 regular season games

Kareem/Malone/Stockton literally played in the 70s/80s/90s & had as long a prime as anybody:lol

lefty
12-07-2020, 10:42 PM
Kareem/Malone/Stockton literally played in the 70s/80s/90s & had as long a prime as anybody:lol

That’s because they didn’t go out, rhey were not rhe norm

Mitch
12-07-2020, 10:51 PM
This is spurfan's wet dream during the last of the Duncan years, though.

MarCowMar
12-07-2020, 11:10 PM
Really a pretty easy thing to fix as far as competitiveness on an average night. Two steps:

1) Tie a portion of player contracts to team win share.

2) Untie draft position from team loss share.

Do those two things and you have a highly competitive league, every game.

Neo.
12-08-2020, 07:15 PM

what makes this unlikable? the fact that he might be able to finish his career in time to watch his son begin his college career? or that if he continues on, he may have an opportunity to be in the same league as his son?

i really dont get whats unlikable about a father being interested in his son, something many NBA players don't seem to do a very good job of.

Rummpd
12-09-2020, 06:32 AM
what makes this unlikable? the fact that he might be able to finish his career in time to watch his son begin his college career? or that if he continues on, he may have an opportunity to be in the same league as his son?

i really dont get whats unlikable about a father being interested in his son, something many NBA players don't seem to do a very good job of.

I am truly ok with the son thing but the story misses the point that LeBron and Green an others lobbied for a soft schedule and special rules and of course the NBA bent over to help James especially.

Neo.
12-09-2020, 10:02 AM
I am truly ok with the son thing but the story misses the point that LeBron and Green an others lobbied for a soft schedule and special rules and of course the NBA bent over to help James especially.

you must be joking or trolling, considering that's not what the story was even about. the very title of the article is "LeBron James: Best thing about extension is potential future with son"

why would this article about his contract and his son, include his desire to relax on the resting rules on non-nationally televised games? especially when there are already articles about that, such as the first article posted in this thread?

lefty
12-09-2020, 11:07 AM
James spearheading changes, conservatives gonna hate

Rummpd
12-09-2020, 07:56 PM
James spearheading changes, conservatives gonna hate

This has nothing to do with politics but for those that missed it James complained with his minions and NBA caved. Nothing unexpected as league knows he rules them and not other way around.

lefty
12-09-2020, 10:22 PM
This has nothing to do with politics but for those that missed it James complained with his minions and NBA caved. Nothing unexpected as league knows he rules them and not other way around.

Sorry I didn’t mean conservatives in a political sense, bad translation from my part, I meant in terms in being close minded and not being open to change

And Jordan complained to Stern and Stern changed the rules in 90-91 so

Neo.
12-10-2020, 10:18 AM

no different than Jordan complaining and getting more cheap whistles than anyone in nba history

lefty
12-10-2020, 11:20 AM
no different than Jordan complaining and getting more cheap whistles than anyone in nba history