Aldridge: 95
Murray: 83
DeRozan: 82

John B
12-09-2020, 07:58 PM
That should put more fire on them

Joseph Kony
12-09-2020, 08:12 PM
Lmao...this ranking tells me ESPN doesnt know jack shit about ranking players outside of the top 10 :lol them having Murray ahead of Aldridge and White is so dumb and screams of not actually watching the games

daslicer
12-09-2020, 08:25 PM
Lmao...this ranking tells me ESPN doesnt know jack shit about ranking players outside of the top 10 :lol them having Murray ahead of Aldridge and White is so dumb and screams of not actually watching the games

During the Warriors title run they had Draymond in the top 10 for a brief minute. That’s when I stopped taking them seriously.

exstatic
12-09-2020, 08:32 PM
During the Warriors title run they had Draymond in the top 10 for a brief minute. That’s when I stopped taking them seriously.

Well, Raymond also made All NBA teams, so, BSPN weren’t the only ones taken in. Glorified role player, who was exposed when options 1-3 were no longer available.

GB20
12-09-2020, 08:36 PM
Didn’t ESPN layoffs thousands of people? Now I know why that company is collapsing and crushing.

daslicer
12-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Well, Raymond also made All NBA teams, so, BSPN weren’t the only ones taken in. Glorified role player, who was exposed when options 1-3 were no longer available.

Agreed.

Robz4000
12-09-2020, 09:11 PM
ESPN started rapidly going downhill when they were bought by Disney tbh. They doubled down on all the vanilla takes, off the court/field bullshit, and focusing on casuals.

rankingtear
12-10-2020, 06:10 AM

Bubble: White>Murray
Pre Bubble: Murray>White

Chinook
12-10-2020, 07:48 AM
^Nope.

Dejounte
12-10-2020, 07:50 AM
^Nope.

What? You believe Murray is better than White?

Chinook
12-10-2020, 07:52 AM
What? You believe Murray is better than White?

No, and I didn't need the bubble to believe that.

Rummpd
12-10-2020, 07:54 AM
Bad even for BSPN / time to move on DR and DA but both should be top 60 at worst.

KobesAchilles
12-10-2020, 02:19 PM
I mean there aren't even close to 94 basketball players better than LMA

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-10-2020, 04:41 PM
I mean there aren't even close to 94 basketball players better than LMA

Dumb list.

Confirmation that no one watches the Spurs...at least at ESPN.

DAF86
12-10-2020, 04:49 PM
Its insider, but here's the Spurs . . .

White: 97
Aldridge: 95
Murray: 83
DeRozan: 82

Murray ranked over White. :lol

Murray ranked at all. :lol

TD 21
12-10-2020, 06:16 PM
To be fair, it's moreso a projection of the coming season and probably intentionally terrible for clickbait reasons, but still.

Also again indicative of what being a Spur does to your reputation. DeRozan has been the same caliber player for a half decade and has typically been ranked in the 30s or 40s, yet somehow has lost whatever credibility he had.

Rummpd
12-10-2020, 07:50 PM
To be fair, it's moreso a projection of the coming season and probably intentionally terrible for clickbait reasons, but still.

Also again indicative of what being a Spur does to your reputation. DeRozan has been the same caliber player for a half decade and has typically been ranked in the 30s or 40s, yet somehow has lost whatever credibility he had.

To be fair he has been nothing but a intermittent stat king with no leadership and seems to be adverse to stretching game. That being said he is 20 to 30 too low.

KobesAchilles
12-10-2020, 08:05 PM
To be fair he has been nothing but a intermittent stat king with no leadership and seems to be adverse to stretching game. That being said he is 20 to 30 too low.
He’s better than Lonzo fucking Ball tho who is ranked 54 :lol

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-10-2020, 10:34 PM
i love demars play, 47 of 48 minutes per game

ultra efficient. inside bully ball. playmaking. dett offensive footwork. (if he would) shoot 4 open 3s a game to keep the defence honest, and it's perfect.

but on this team, with this roster .... nah

poopbox
12-10-2020, 11:25 PM
LMA is about 200 spots to high

J_Paco
12-10-2020, 11:35 PM
i love demars play, 47 of 48 minutes per game

ultra efficient. inside bully ball. playmaking. dett offensive footwork. (if he would) shoot 4 open 3s a game to keep the defence honest, and it's perfect.

but on this team, with this roster .... nah

If he could shot three-pointers at a consistent rate, defend at a respectable level & actually played his natural position (instead of up a position because of "poor" roster construction) he'd be way, way higher on the list.

Still, he & LaMarcus aren't going to fall off a cliff so severely that they are leaped over by mediocre talent (for their draft position) like D'Angelo Russell & Lonzo Ball.

And even though I like both guys a lot there isn't anyway on Earth I'd agree that DeJounte is a better player than Derrick. They both have flaws yet DeJounte's issues are more severe & the team hasn't used him properly to hide them, IMO (at least last year.)

I think if he plays a lot more with White & off-ball instead as a primary/secondary ball handler, he'll actually begin to show us the guy we thought he could be (elite defender/rebounder with some offense). A Nate McMillan or Aaron McKie - type, combo guard that can defend 1's, 2's & some 3's.

TD 21
12-11-2020, 12:31 AM

As I've said countless times, he's a pseudo star who benefitted from Lowry, the 2nd unit and the East to fool casuals and accumulate the majority of his accoldates, I'm jut saying it doesn't make sense to have had him in the 40s and drop him to 82 when he's been the same caliber player for a half decade, is 31 and healthy.

If he could shot three-pointers at a consistent rate, defend at a respectable level & actually played his natural position (instead of up a position because of "poor" roster construction) he'd be way, way higher on the list.

:lmao If you could taper over the weaknessess of any player they'd be much better.

:lmao He's a wing. Whichever one he's nominally listed at isn't what's important, having the flexibility to hide him on a spot up shooter is. They'll now have that with Forbes gone.

SAGirl
12-11-2020, 01:01 AM
The Spurs didn’t make the playoffs last season therefore they threw the stars off the cliff and overrated Murray bc of a few national games he played well. That said I do wish Murray showed up to increase his ranking (and everyone else).

BillMc
12-11-2020, 08:25 AM
Hopefully some lazy GM reads this (you know, one who can't do his job and relies on media perceptions) and gives us a good offer for Murray.

XDT76
12-11-2020, 09:49 AM
Murray ranked over White. :lol

Murray ranked at all. :lol

I wish Murray could really show that he is really ranked 14 spots better than white and based on the bubble performance White should be higher in the ranking list. His offensive stats is near DDR and his defence is way better.

Kurgan
12-11-2020, 10:16 AM
I wish Murray could really show that he is really ranked 14 spots better than white and based on the bubble performance White should be higher in the ranking list. His offensive stats is near DDR and his defence is way better.

If the rest of the league's perception of the Spurs is the same as this list, this is good for SA. It means they might be able get something back in a potential Murray trade. It also means we can resign White to a relatively cheaper contract than what Murray got.

Bad news - it also explains why we weren't able to move LA or Derozan.

SpursDynasty85
12-11-2020, 10:21 AM

Rich Pail effect. Seems wrong to let players like Lebron own sports agencies who serve the same league as they play in.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-12-2020, 11:20 AM
dejounte and lonnie -- addition by subtraction

Rummpd
12-12-2020, 04:25 PM
If the rest of the league's perception of the Spurs is the same as this list, this is good for SA. It means they might be able get something back in a potential Murray trade. It also means we can resign White to a relatively cheaper contract than what Murray got.

Bad news - it also explains why we weren't able to move LA or Derozan.

It means DDR and DA worthless and should have been traded each a year or more ago. FO is a farce.

J_Paco
12-15-2020, 06:07 PM
dejounte and lonnie -- addition by subtraction

Right, cause giving up on prospects after only their 2nd & 3rd season is how bad teams get better.

That strategy has really helped the Bulls, Kings, Suns, etc. really turn the corner & become title contenders.

phxspurfan
12-15-2020, 11:08 PM
Hopefully some lazy GM reads this (you know, one who can't do his job and relies on media perceptions) and gives us a good offer for Murray.

on the right team that doesnt run a system and lets guys just run up and down the court without thinking (Hawks, Magic, Rockettes, Kangs etc) Murray would be the perfect combo guard a la Bazemore/Pat Bev role. Question is will PATFO realize they made a mistake and own up to it. Doubt they will since they havent ever owned up to any mistake.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-16-2020, 07:24 PM
Right, cause giving up on prospects after only their 2nd & 3rd season is how bad teams get better.

That strategy has really helped the Bulls, Kings, Suns, etc. really turn the corner & become title contenders.

injury prone, low bbiq, social media mavens

strike 1 2 3

J_Paco
12-16-2020, 07:58 PM
injury prone, low bbiq, social media mavens

strike 1 2 3

Sure because having a social media presence is somehow indicative of poor play. Both players need to continue to improve, DeJounte on the offensive & Lonnie on the defensive end, but it's way too soon to write both off yet.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-18-2020, 12:28 PM
Sure because having a social media presence is somehow indicative of poor play. Both players need to continue to improve, DeJounte on the offensive & Lonnie on the defensive end, but it's way too soon to write both off yet.

social media draaammaa :dramaquee

J_Paco
12-18-2020, 03:13 PM
social media draaammaa :dramaquee

What?

Anyway, neither should be written off until at least the end of this season.

I'll let you have your opinion, though.