PDA

View Full Version : Headbands?

Solid D
11-10-2005, 12:21 AM
Did Pop go Jerry Sloan and nix headbands or something? The only Spur with anything resembling a headband is Fabio with that rubber band around his hairline to keep his locks back and flowing.

Fabio a balla? What do you call that rubber band looking thing?

Is that too effeminate? Should he go to a scrunchy instead? : :tu :td

ploto
11-10-2005, 12:26 AM
Here are some with basketballs in the print. There is even a black one for the road and a white one for home! :)

http://www.girlmaxsports.com/thumb.aspx?src=files%2Finvimages%2Fbballsrngee.gif&size=255

xcoriate
11-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Van X feel his too old to be balla now?

Whats the deal, Van X made the headband.

Gerryatrics
11-10-2005, 02:52 AM
What exactly is the problem with wearing a headband? I have long hair so I wear one when I play to keep both sweat and my hair out of my eyes. There's nothing like getting a big glob of sweat in your eyes when you're trying to shoot a three or stabbing yourself in the eye with some loose hair when you head-fake driving to the basket. So why do some coaches ban them?

MiNuS
11-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Teams that live & die by their headbands:

Kings & Pacers.I believe its in their contract they "must" wear a headband.
I agree that with Jermaine O'neals huge forehead it is a MUST but otherwise
I don't see the need.

Did I miss someone?

FromWayDowntown
11-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Speedy Claxton's, Steven Jackson's, and Devin Brown's headbands obviously killed the Spurs in 2003 and 2005.

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Teams that live & die by their headbands:

Kings & Pacers.I believe its in their contract they "must" wear a headband.
I agree that with Jermaine O'neals huge forehead it is a MUST but otherwise
I don't see the need.

Did I miss someone?

Ben, Rasheed and Rip all wear them.

http://svt.se/content/1/c6/22/06/39/pistons_290.jpg

http://espn.starwave.com/media/nba/2004/0603/photo/g_bryant2_vi.jpg

sa_butta
11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
What exactly is the problem with wearing a headband? I have long hair so I wear one when I play to keep both sweat and my hair out of my eyes. There's nothing like getting a big glob of sweat in your eyes when you're trying to shoot a three or stabbing yourself in the eye with some loose hair when you head-fake driving to the basket. So why do some coaches ban them?I dont think a headband should be banned from use. I know some use it for fashion and others use it for keeping the sweat out. But to ban would be unfair to those who really need it.

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Kings players always wearing headbands :lol

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 12:41 PM
I dont think a headband should be banned from use. I know some use it for fashion and others use it for keeping the sweat out. But to ban would be unfair to those who really need it.
Yep, I sure there's no talk of banning them.

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2005, 12:47 PM
according to sir alex ferguson (manutd coach) guys wearin headbands in soccer or sport are girls, this was towards david beckham when he had the fabio hair locks, and then the fallout between the two......

angel_luv
11-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Gino used a string for a headband when his hair was long too.