PDA

View Full Version : Manu not a starter?

Spurs#20
11-10-2005, 01:18 AM
According to the box score, Van Exel started for him, How come he didn't start and will this continue?

Kori Ellis
11-10-2005, 01:19 AM
He didn't start because Pop didn't want to start him and then pull him out at the six minute mark and his thigh tighten up on him.

IceColdBrewski
11-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Good Lord. :rolleyes

We all know that Manu has been suffering from a deep thigh bruise. Those are painfull in case you didn't know.

Relax people.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
11-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Obvious question, but why play him at all? Were both Finley and Bones out today? Have they experimented with Udrih at the 2 (not that he suits it long term, but in a pinch maybe)?

Kori Ellis
11-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Obvious question, but why play him at all? Were both Finley and Bones out today? Have they experimented with Udrih at the 2 (not that he suits it long term, but in a pinch maybe)?

Finley and Barry were both out. They started Van Exel and Parker in the backcourt and played a multitude of guard combinations.

IceColdBrewski
11-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Obvious question, but why play him at all?

Because he's still the 2nd best player on the team.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-10-2005, 01:53 AM
Because he's still the 2nd best player on the team.
Sorry, but up till now, Parker seems to be the second best player of this team, and if he keeps playing like he is playing I really don't see Manu getting that title back. Parker has been flat out of his mind in every game up 'till now. I love Manu, and I do hope he starts being his old self soon, but Parker is killing it out there!

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2005, 01:55 AM
I thought he was suffering from dissiness and short of breath because his head was so far up his ass during the beggining of the season. It looks like he pulled through though.

IceColdBrewski
11-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Sorry, but up till now, Parker seems to be the second best player of this team, and if he keeps playing like he is playing I really don't see Manu getting that title back. Parker has been flat out of his mind in every game up 'till now. I love Manu, and I do hope he starts being his old self soon, but Parker is killing it out there!

It's temporary. Even with the deep thigh bruise, Manu has managed to outhustle everybody on the court. As usual.

Things will get back to normal once Manu is 100%.

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 02:04 AM
Yeah, Parker is playing bad ass. I think he is the top scorer for the Spurs so far this season.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
11-10-2005, 02:05 AM
I thought he was suffering from dissiness and short of breath because his head was so far up his ass during the beggining of the season. It looks like he pulled through though.

I've read like, I don't know, five posts written from you in this style talking about Manu or Oberto. If you are bored and looking for a discussion, at least try to make it better. Marcus Bryant or even ducks can teach you about that.

I agree. But until Finley or Barry are healthy and he gets some rest (one or two games out), he'll play this role. He didn't put big scoring numbers, but he did what makes him so good, a little of everything.

Trainwreck2100
11-10-2005, 02:31 AM
I've read like, I don't know, five posts written from you in this style talking about Manu or Oberto. If you are bored and looking for a discussion, at least try to make it better. Marcus Bryant or even ducks can teach you about that.

I've got nothing against Manu, mofo gave it night in night out last year. He's just had trouble getting out of the gate this year, be it the hair, boredom, or those stressfull Hallmark Institute classes. I don't know what but he has been playing poorly as of late as one would expect from someone if....let's say they played with their head up their ass. He had some of that last year flair tonight so here's to hoping he snapped out of his funk. As for Oberto, he just sucks, I know he's green, but he's pretty bad. Hasn't really been impressive so far.

leemajors
11-10-2005, 03:04 AM
manu is missing just a tiny bit of lift and it really seems to be affecting his layups more than anything. as soon as he gets that back he will be back on track. his jumper has come along nicely the last few games, i think that is a sign his thigh is improving. as for oberto, he is playing nba style ball for the first time. the transition seems to be more difficult for big men than guards, they need to be fed the ball. if he continues to hustle good things will happen. it's not easy getting acclimated to a new style of play when you are the last big man off the bench.

ducks
11-10-2005, 08:34 AM
damm ice
tp can never do enough to make you happy

Ginofan
11-10-2005, 08:47 AM
I've got nothing against Manu, mofo gave it night in night out last year. He's just had trouble getting out of the gate this year, be it the hair, boredom, or those stressfull Hallmark Institute classes. I don't know what but he has been playing poorly as of late as one would expect from someone if....let's say they played with their head up their ass. He had some of that last year flair tonight so here's to hoping he snapped out of his funk. As for Oberto, he just sucks, I know he's green, but he's pretty bad. Hasn't really been impressive so far.

:lol

So is it safe to say that Manu will probably sit out one of the back to back games?

IceColdBrewski
11-10-2005, 08:57 AM
damm ice
tp can never do enough to make you happy

Who said I wasn't happy with TP's performance?

I'm just saying that Manu is still the 2nd best player on the team. Something that most of us agreed upon last year. If Parker can have the type of season that Manu did last year, maybe then It'll be up for debate.

ploto
11-10-2005, 08:58 AM
The Spurs thought it better to use Manu off the bench, especially to match up with their bench. It also meant that either Tony or Manu would be on the floor at all times without having either Brent or Finley to come in.

ducks
11-10-2005, 08:59 AM
right now it is tp
when manu is healthy it might be him

MadDog73
11-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Yeah, Parker is playing bad ass. I think he is the top scorer for the Spurs so far this season.

Parker is the top scorer AND leads the team in assists.

You could argue that Parker is playing better than Duncan right now...

(I'll probably get flamed for that)

Oh, yeah, he's also beating Tim in FG% (58%)

manubili
11-10-2005, 09:22 AM
What is better to Manu and the Spurs? Bench him until he's healthy? Or work out the injury through action, get into the rythm, and stuff?

I think he need fewer minutes, coming from the bench, as he did last season. He will recover, I'm sure about that.

Just imagine Tony Parker playing like these days, Manu like the last season, and Tim as usual. Terrific.

1Parker1
11-10-2005, 11:42 AM
Who cares who's playing better between Manu, Tim and Tony? All that matters is that the Spurs are getting the job done and are 4-1 :elephant Every single person on the team (well minus Beno, maybe :angel) has contributed to that.

nkdlunch
11-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Parker is doing great. But the only concern I have is that he is resembling to Stevie Franchise more and more, w/the dribling around. Come playoff time, what's gonna happen??

I think this is the perfect time for him to also practice his passing and getting teammates involved skills.

nkdlunch
11-10-2005, 11:46 AM
ultimately he's our PG, we don't want a francis/starbury allstar type PG. do we?

smeagol
11-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Manu has not been himself.

Parker is going nuts.

I hope Manu steps up his game and TP maintains his.

That would be awesome.

MiNuS
11-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I trully believe Manu will turn it on,sometime in the next 77 games.

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2005, 12:35 PM
does it really matter who starts or not?? as long the team is happy, the players are happy, we are continueing to win games, and win the championship, team goes first.

one team, one goal. no player is bigger then the ball club.

MiNuS
11-10-2005, 01:24 PM
one team, one goal. no player is bigger then the ball club.
No,no,no! Its "get ready,get loud"

ducks
11-10-2005, 02:15 PM
yes agrentina will have a cow if he does not

cheguevara
11-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Argentina has tens of millions of cows a day already

Athenea
11-10-2005, 08:01 PM
yes agrentina will have a cow if he does not
:lol WTF were u trying to say??

ALVAREZ6
11-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Just let Manu sit out until he is 100% and let him come back.

That's what Pop should do.