PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker: The Final Shot, coming to Netflix

SASdynasty!
12-16-2020, 03:22 PM
Jan. 6 - What is this?

Dverde
12-16-2020, 08:46 PM
Reunion show with the Barrys and Eva Longoria.

poopbox
12-16-2020, 09:17 PM
:lmao

KobesAchilles
12-16-2020, 10:52 PM
Tony Parker: Unloaded

ace3g
12-16-2020, 11:15 PM
Jan. 6 - What is this?

Tony Parker: The Final Shot (Netflix Documentary) Basketball fans and many others will be interested in this look at the background and career of longtime San Antonio Spurs star Tony Parker.

lefty
12-17-2020, 09:23 AM
will be interested
https://media.tenor.com/images/394e9dba5ea2a1dd7f6056564a459ca8/tenor.gif

FkLA
12-17-2020, 10:02 AM
Makes sense that the self absorbed heroballer would do this, imo.

spursfan09
12-18-2020, 11:31 AM
Will have to get Netflix again.

BWS-1994
12-18-2020, 01:47 PM
I hope they also include a look in his rap career and how he got into Peak.

ace3g
01-06-2021, 10:21 AM
https://twitter.com/Florent_Bodin/status/1346728368306319360

John B
01-06-2021, 01:16 PM
Wow this is on my next list. I love Parker. The guy is one of the most fearless competitors of the game, going under tall trees, and hitting the floor every time. His speed was comparable to none, and those teardrops? They're as deadly as the eurostep, the crossover, fadeaway, sky hook or any iconic moves. I don't know who pioneered the teardrops, but Tony perfected that move.

lefty
01-06-2021, 01:45 PM
The reviews are destroying this puff piece :lol

Selfsih egomaniac doing a poor man's The Last Dance :lol

At least Jordan was actually good :lol

Dverde
01-06-2021, 06:41 PM
I worry about TP blowing his money on attention grabbing dumb stuff. He is the only one of the big three that likes the spotlight. That spotlight is gone. People forgot he existed when in Charlotte.

Mal
01-06-2021, 07:31 PM
Just watched this. Nothing special, nothing bad. Definately must watch for Spurs fans.

Degoat
01-06-2021, 09:40 PM
I enjoyed it, nothing new but it was still great to see. Also was cool to see Kobe speak so highly on TP

lefty
01-06-2021, 11:14 PM
Also was cool to see Kobe speak so highly on TP

:lmao Kobe good now

cascaders
01-07-2021, 02:45 AM
just watched it.. man its kinda inspirational seeing him achieve all that he did. I loved every bit of it.. i wish TD and Manu would do their documentary too. Would love to gain an insight into their lives too.. to be able to see the behind the scenes , and for them to share their thought process on everything they went through - i just know every spurs fan would love it.

His documentary was kinda humbling too in my opinion, or at least thats how i felt at the end of it, as compared to MJ's documentary, which i felt was just a big ego boost ( nothing wrong with it, but i just felt that his documentary was mainly for him, and tony's were mostly for us )

TP's documentary really took me back to good days. It's kinda sad that everything great, no matter how great, will come to an end. Thats life i guess, and we just have to make the best out of it, and live it the best way we can.

But having said all that, MJ's documentary was FAR more entertaining obviously, but TP's documentary was bitter sweet. I connected more with him because im a spurs fan. But i definitely loved MJ's documentary too because its always nice to see that recognition of him being the greatest in basketball

Disclaimer haha : But he's not the greatest of all time, that prestigious title only belongs to Muhamad Ali.. - the greatest boxer of all time, and what he did off the court, made him the greatest of all time.

Go spurs go! :D

JP le Requin
01-07-2021, 05:15 AM
great doc! and even Spurs Nation France and I are in this video :) so good memories when spurs were so strong, and could look at eye vs eye with the lakers of Kobe and shaq!

Fireball
01-07-2021, 06:19 AM
I will watch it ...

daslicer
01-07-2021, 11:06 AM
JL2Zh8OVKwY

KingKev
01-07-2021, 11:20 AM
I worry about TP blowing his money on attention grabbing dumb stuff. He is the only one of the big three that likes the spotlight. That spotlight is gone. People forgot he existed when in Charlotte.

He literally heads up the sports athletes and music artist division of an advisory firm dedicated to not blowing your money. Should worry about your own finances...

TheGreatYacht
01-07-2021, 04:22 PM
Kobe :cry:

Everyone always talks about Tim vs Shaq, but not enough gets talked about Tony vs Kobe. Best guards on the best 00’s teams.

Maybe one day Smush Parker can come on Manu’s documentary and talk about their battles in the second units

Mugen
01-07-2021, 04:29 PM
Everyone always talks about Tim vs Shaq, but not enough gets talked about Tony vs Kobe. Best guards on the best 00’s teams.

Maybe one day Smush Parker can come on Manu’s documentary and talk about their battles in the second units

:lol Not bad tbh

timvp
01-07-2021, 05:55 PM

https://i.imgur.com/osDP6pc.gif

daslicer
01-07-2021, 06:22 PM
Kobe :cry:

:lmao waiting for the Manutards response.

kht
01-07-2021, 07:38 PM
Can't believe Enrique has its own documentary LOL. Up there with DWade on guys thought they were bigger than they really were.

lefty20
01-07-2021, 07:58 PM

:bobo

widowmaker
01-07-2021, 11:12 PM
Can't believe Enrique has its own documentary LOL. Up there with DWade on guys thought they were bigger than they really were.

Bigger than you that’s for sure.

lefty
01-07-2021, 11:18 PM

lefty
01-07-2021, 11:19 PM
JL2Zh8OVKwY

Overrated ballhog and terrible teammate recognizes overrated ballhog and terrible teammate

Spurms fans love Kobe now, cucked simps :lol

NASpurs
01-07-2021, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, I like to wind down at night with a good comedy.

Mugen
01-07-2021, 11:32 PM
Is this one where he was trapped in a Whataburger for 3 days and ate his way out?

daslicer
01-07-2021, 11:53 PM
Overrated ballhog and terrible teammate recognizes overrated ballhog and terrible teammate

Spurms fans love Kobe now, cucked simps :lol

I'm actually not a Kobe fan and have never liked him. I still don't even like him after his passing but I'm also not a sick person who was popping bottles after he died. I posted the clip because it was part of Tony's documentary and I thought some might find it interesting. Anyways you are stupid troll.

TheGreatYacht
01-08-2021, 12:34 AM
Manu's doc is going to fire once Joe lets him and his fam out the cages tbh

Kurgan
01-08-2021, 12:50 AM
The reviews are destroying this puff piece :lol

Selfsih egomaniac doing a poor man's The Last Dance :lol

At least Jordan was actually good :lol

Yeah, the narcissism on display here is off the charts. If there's anyone on the Spurs that warrants a documentary, it's TD or DRob. TP releasing this so soon after the Last Dance is also funny. Most popular basketball player of all time vs the guy who's impact on pop culture was "Eva Longoria's husband".

Biernutz
01-08-2021, 06:26 AM
I thought the movie was ok but i am a Parker fan. I did like the part about when Tony was young and playing in France.

JP le Requin
01-08-2021, 06:41 AM
Yeah, the narcissism on display here is off the charts. If there's anyone on the Spurs that warrants a documentary, it's TD or DRob. TP releasing this so soon after the Last Dance is also funny. Most popular basketball player of all time vs the guy who's impact on pop culture was "Eva Longoria's husband".

In fact, Tony Parker is making so many project here in France and even in San Antonio.. he is leading 2 basketball teams (ASVEL Men and women) he may be the next GM of soccer team OL too.. and maybe one day the spurs GM..yes you read it here..
and what he made with French NT and basket in France with his academy... and ...and ... and...and...
a real business man after his basket life..
not many basketball player do or did what he is doing now.. if he was 100% American I think he will get more respect from you..

and its a David Robinson fan who write this

GSG

widowmaker
01-08-2021, 11:03 AM
In fact, Tony Parker is making so many project here in France and even in San Antonio.. he is leading 2 basketball teams (ASVEL Men and women) he may be the next GM of soccer team OL too.. and maybe one day the spurs GM..yes you read it here..
and what he made with French NT and basket in France with his academy... and ...and ... and...and...
a real business man after his basket life..
not many basketball player do or did what he is doing now.. if he was 100% American I think he will get more respect from you..

and its a David Robinson fan who write this

GSG

Dont worry about the bots that post on here most are hating ass trolls that ain’t worth the shit

barakz21
01-08-2021, 11:25 AM
Narcissism or not, I’d still watch it. TP was 1/3 of the legendary Spurs big 3, why wouldn’t I want to watch it? I get everyone has their own opinion but it’s sad that a dude who’s done a lot for the team and played a big part in the golden age of Spurs basketball and is already retired is still getting bashed. I’d just rather enjoy reminiscing about the golden years of the team and the big 3’s achievements than bash them.

RC_Drunkford
01-08-2021, 12:31 PM
I watched it, it's alright. I think is mostly made for the people in France, since Tony is the biggest basketball player ever coming out of France. Still some interesting things in there. And why did people say Manu wouldn't be in it? Manu is in there

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2021, 01:13 PM
I'm going to read his autobiography that came out last October before I watch the movie. I want to be fully immersed in the experience.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2021, 01:13 PM
https://images.thenile.io/r1000/9781629378602.jpg

daslicer
01-08-2021, 01:16 PM
I watched it, it's alright. I think is mostly made for the people in France, since Tony is the biggest basketball player ever coming out of France. Still some interesting things in there. And why did people say Manu wouldn't be in it? Manu is in there

Manutards hate Parker and they think Manu feels the same way about Parker. Any objective person knows that Manu liked playing with Tony. He's said it a bunch of times in interviews. Always thought the war between the Argentian Manu fans vs the France Parker was stupid.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-08-2021, 01:28 PM
Manutards hate Parker and they think Manu feels the same way about Parker. Any objective person knows that Manu liked playing with Tony. He's said it a bunch of times in interviews. Always thought the war between the Argentian Manu fans vs the France Parker was stupid.

The two of them are all over Instgram hanging out together these days. It was a feud created by know-nothing "fans".

daslicer
01-08-2021, 01:38 PM
The two of them are all over Instgram hanging out together these days. It was a feud created by know-nothing "fans".

Agreed.

daslicer
01-08-2021, 01:40 PM
Tony was the most Hollywood out of the big 3 and loved the spotlight and that rubs some people the wrong way but give him credit for always buying into the team concept and not creating drama. I will always be grateful for Parker because he was one of the guys that helped the Spurs get over the hump against the Lakers in '03. He was also a lot of fun to watch. By far the fastest player that I have ever seen play in the NBA at least in my lifetime.

Trill Clinton
01-08-2021, 07:22 PM
I thought it was a pretty good documentary. It really shed a light on just how important to French basketball. His backyard is insane too. Dude has a 6 flags waterpark for a backyard.

Spurminator
01-08-2021, 08:37 PM
It's a French documentary about the most famous French basketball player in history, why is it a surprise that this was made?

The target audience is definitely French fans and Spurs fans. If you're either of those, and you can get past some moments of sort of pretentious direction, you'll probably enjoy it. A lot of his history before the Spurs was news to me.

Probably some missed opportunities for interesting stories during his Spurs time (surprised they didn't mention how the Spurs were courting Jason Kidd throughout 2003 and how bad Tony wanted to beat him in the Finals). But I enjoyed it.

ElNono
01-09-2021, 06:21 PM

:lol tbh

barakz21
01-09-2021, 07:57 PM
Watched it, and I admit I did enjoy it. One interesting thing is that WOW, Tony sure is tactless. There’s a segment where a FNT player said that they (the players) weren’t jealous of his status (he was a young dude who just got made captain) and that they’re cool with it/him but that he totally disagreed when it seemed Tony threw the team under the bus when he said he can’t do everything by himself. I had flashbacks to when he said stuff about nephew taking his sweet ass time coming back.

spursfan09
01-11-2021, 02:01 AM
Yeah tony doesn’t mince words. Where have you Ben?

Down Under
01-11-2021, 02:16 AM
Probably not worth watching unless you're French. It's pretty well targetted at them through National Pride & the like (all interviews with French people are in French, even though they all speak English). I absolutely loved him as a player, but I think there's a fair bit of revisionist history going on (saying the 2014 team was 'his team' when he'd fallen away badly that season because of injuries).

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2021, 01:38 PM
I like the shot of him talking on his cell phone and sitting on the railing of his water slide while overseeing his kingdom. The slow pan of him admiring his trophy room was a nice touch as well.

He does have quite a home in San Antonio, though. The one in France isn't bad either. Not sure I could ever see Timmy doing a piece like this, but it was fun. Some nostalgic pieces in there. I almost got through the whole thing. I'm sure his French fans love it.

lefty
01-11-2021, 02:05 PM
saying the 2014 team was 'his team' when he'd fallen away badly that season because of injuries).
:lol that bitter dillhole tried to steal the 2014 FMVP from Kawhi when he decided to dribble dribble shoot shoot shoot in the 4th quarter

PrimeMinister
01-11-2021, 03:30 PM
I was cracking up at his description of the 2014 team and how they played- essentially calling the style of play "ugly" under Duncan but because he was the leader of the team at that point they played the style we saw in the finals, despite the most memorable moments being with Patty Mills and Manu running the team. It's true that we changed style- but it was away from his ball dominance and toward a more team oriented attack reliant on passing and shooting.

Brazil
01-11-2021, 09:29 PM

:lol my nigg

Brazil
01-11-2021, 09:31 PM
Probably not worth watching unless you're French. It's pretty well targetted at them through National Pride & the like (all interviews with French people are in French, even though they all speak English). I absolutely loved him as a player, but I think there's a fair bit of revisionist history going on (saying the 2014 team was 'his team' when he'd fallen away badly that season because of injuries).

yeah that was a bit of eye rolling tbh... :lol. It was a cool doc tho

Robz4000
01-11-2021, 10:19 PM
Did he rap in it?

timtonymanu
01-11-2021, 10:31 PM
Did he rap in it?

Was it about Erin Barry?

D-Robinson 50 fan
01-12-2021, 10:49 AM
Pretty good documentary.

JP le Requin
01-14-2021, 05:58 AM

I can tell you here in France WE LOVE MANU!! for many French people from my association, Manu is their best spurs player!

when we came in SA wit Spurs Nation France in march 2019, we song with Argentina fan in AT&t center, even players had goosebumps..
i have some pictures and videos of our meeting...it was so cool

Sugus
01-14-2021, 02:56 PM
I can tell you here in France WE LOVE MANU!! for many French people from my association, Manu is their best spurs player!

when we came in SA wit Spurs Nation France in march 2019, we song with Argentina fan in AT&t center, even players had goosebumps..
i have some pictures and videos of our meeting...it was so cool

Sick stuff, my guy. Could you post some photos or videos of the French pilgrimage to SA? I'd love to go there someday...

JP le Requin
01-14-2021, 05:34 PM
give me your email, I will send you a "wetransfert" of some pictures and videos from us

JP le Requin
01-14-2021, 05:43 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/979517146496688129?s=12

Sugus
01-15-2021, 10:03 PM
give me your email, I will send you a "wetransfert" of some pictures and videos from us

Pm'd :tu

DMC
01-17-2021, 10:51 PM
I enjoyed it, nothing new but it was still great to see. Also was cool to see Kobe speak so highly on TP

Like the rest of us, Kobe wiped his ass with TP.

Biernutz
01-18-2021, 05:46 PM
Tony is a national hero in France and it’s no surprise that they made a movie about him. He’s the most successful basketball player France has ever produced. He is the French Michael Jordan.

bdictjames
01-25-2021, 09:01 PM
It was pretty good. Quite a Tony documentary. Pretty remarkable what he has been able to accomplish, he is quite the one who is most hands-on outside of basketball. I wish they had more of Tim and Manu's interviews though! A lot of Pop's and Bowen's, some David's.

Dex
01-25-2021, 09:57 PM

Tony was the leading scorer and assist man on the 2014 team in both the regular season and the playoffs.

Sure, he wasn't the "dribble-dribble" 20-point scorer like he was in 2013 (also led the team), but SpursTalk spent years asking for that and he finally found the balance.

Either way, I'd say the leaders of the team were Timmy and Tony, and there are arguments to be made about who was on top. Kawhi only got Finals MVP because he had to defend LeBron.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-25-2021, 10:11 PM
timmy should have 5 finals mvps

SpurPadre
01-25-2021, 10:24 PM
timmy should have 5 finals mvps

4, Manu deserved it more in 2005, tbh.

ezau
01-25-2021, 10:34 PM
Watched it and it was both fun reliving our glory days while realizing how many special players we need to build a championship roster. We are extremely lucky to watch the greatest French, and Argentine, and PF all play for the same team for a such a long time. What are the odds of that happening again?

Down Under
01-26-2021, 09:35 PM
Tony was the leading scorer and assist man on the 2014 team in both the regular season and the playoffs.

Sure, he wasn't the "dribble-dribble" 20-point scorer like he was in 2013 (also led the team), but SpursTalk spent years asking for that and he finally found the balance.

Either way, I'd say the leaders of the team were Timmy and Tony, and there are arguments to be made about who was on top. Kawhi only got Finals MVP because he had to defend LeBron.
Yeah he was a leader along with TD (through experience), but it wasn't 'his team' because his level of play had fallen away. He wasn't near the same player at finishing at the rim & his defense fell away badly.