PDA

View Full Version : Should Spurs claim anyone off waivers

YoungbuckMurray
12-19-2020, 01:37 PM
Looks like there are some decent players being waived do you think Spurs claim anyone

EasyMoney
12-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Everyone who is being waived are being sent to that teams g league. So technically none of them are really available since there's an agreement.

Even if they don't get sent to the g league, they can't sign anyone anyways without going over the luxury tax.

TimDunkem
12-19-2020, 02:08 PM
Who cares? Pop will misuse them anyway.

NASpurs
12-19-2020, 02:40 PM
I wonder why Shams or Woj didn’t break this...

exstatic
12-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Everyone who is being waived are being sent to that teams g league. So technically none of them are really available since there's an agreement.

Even if they don't get sent to the g league, they can't sign anyone anyways without going over the luxury tax.

If the Spurs wanted one of them, that isn’t a barrier. I guarantee you that if the Spurs wanted to offer a NBA 15 man roster spot and actual NBA minimum contract to any of these players, they’d sign it immediately and not look back.

ace3g
12-19-2020, 03:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1055508609474482176/CXMbdyYX_normal.jpg
Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA
(https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA) 1h (https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1340372150675533824)
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson was the best defensive player in Minnesota's frontcourt and it wasn't close. They should have done what it took to find a roster spot for him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1197929409044504576/nKXnm0aN_normal.jpg (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania) Shams Charania (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania) (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania) ShamsCharania (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania)

The Timberwolves are waiving forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, sources tell me and @JonKrawczynski (https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/).
12:53pm · 19 Dec 2020 (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1340369756747132936) · TweetDeck (https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#source-labels)

BWS-1994
12-19-2020, 05:02 PM
Even if fans would love his defense, I think RHJ would get better offers and minutes from other teams.

ace3g
12-19-2020, 05:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1282834702928359426/54njLVVi_normal.jpg
Paul Garcia pAulGarciaNBA
(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 6m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1340425821991948288) The Spurs have waived Tyler Zeller and Cam Reynolds.

EasyMoney
12-19-2020, 05:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1282834702928359426/54njLVVi_normal.jpg
Paul Garcia pAulGarciaNBA
(https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA) 6m (https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1340425821991948288) The Spurs have waived Tyler Zeller and Cam Reynolds.

They'll be 1.3m below the luxury tax with his move. They could actually sign someone for the minimum and still be below the line. Thought it would be far less

Degoat
12-19-2020, 06:04 PM
Frank Kaminsky was waived, I wouldn’t mind him tbh

MoSpur02
12-19-2020, 06:23 PM
Gerald Green should be signed

gambit1990
12-19-2020, 06:25 PM
Pop will misuse them anyway.

gambit1990
12-19-2020, 06:25 PM
Gerald Green should be signed
agreed.

BackHome
12-19-2020, 06:41 PM
Is that Danny's little brother? Oh I guess not he is an old 35 guard just what we need....SMH..

pad300
12-19-2020, 06:44 PM
If they can ID a halfway decent PF, they should sign them... But that ain't Gerald Green, nor Frank Kaminsky.

BWS-1994
12-19-2020, 06:50 PM
How much time after being waived can a player be signed?

timvp
12-19-2020, 08:13 PM
The most interesting candidate I've seen so far is Rayjon Tucker. He got waived by the Clippers and I don't see anything about him having an Exhibit 10 contract.

Tucker was the best player in the G League last season. There ended up being a bidding war for him and the Jazz had to guarantee money into this season in order to sign him, which almost never happens for a G League player. Add in the fact that Tucker was tearing up the G League with RC Buford's son as his coach -- and it's a connection that would make sense. He's another short shooting guard but he might be worth a look. Chase Buford speaks really highly about him so that probably counts for something, especially because the Spurs signed the second best player on his team (Cam Reynolds) to an Exhibit 10 contract.

gambit1990
12-19-2020, 08:51 PM
MKG has gotten waived... by the knicks :lol

i guess he really, really fell off a cliff...

Mr. Body
12-19-2020, 08:55 PM

About to post. He came in with Anthony Davis from Kentucky and probably should have done better than this.

TimDunkem
12-19-2020, 08:58 PM
:lol MKG

Turns out never learning to shoot doesn't help your NBA career these days.

Mr. Body
12-19-2020, 09:03 PM
Frank Kaminsky was waived, I wouldn’t mind him tbh

That's strange. He still has good value.

Fusternino
12-19-2020, 09:31 PM
Can RHJ actually guard true 3s like Lebron, Quitter, Hayward, etc.?

exstatic
12-19-2020, 10:10 PM
Is that Danny's little brother? Oh I guess not he is an old 35 guard just what we need....SMH..

Second cousin. Their fathers are cousins. They were unaware of each other’s existence and the relationship until HS basketball camps. They both were ranked prospects. Danny went to UNC, Gerald entered the draft, was selected 18th overall by Boston, and busted out of the league in short order. He was completely out of the league for two seasons in his mid 20s, but worked his way back as a role player three point shooter.

If Danny frustrated you, you’ll want no part of Gerald. Danny is the smart one. Gerald apparently was sounding Danny out about what it was like to play for Pop a few years ago, but signed with Phoenix instead. I was interested then, but not now. We don’t need a nearly 35 YO flawed player blocking the development path of our young kids. Hard pass.

TimDunkem
12-19-2020, 10:17 PM
^Shit. Just glanced at that and read "30, flawed player, blocking development" and thought he was talking about Rudy Gay for a second. :lol

exstatic
12-19-2020, 10:24 PM
^Shit. Just glanced at that and read "30, flawed player, blocking development" and thought he was talking about Rudy Gay for a second. :lol

I guess my point was that we don’t need anyone ELSE in their way. He’s older than both Gay and DDR.

baseline bum
12-19-2020, 10:28 PM

Damn I remember when MKG was the highest regarded high school prospect in the nation.

timtonymanu
12-19-2020, 10:28 PM
Gerald Green :lol

Might as well pursue JR Smith while you're at it. Like ex said, he would have been intriguing years ago. No way he's playing for a rebuilding team in the city of San Antonio.

timtonymanu
12-19-2020, 10:29 PM
What was MKG suppose to be good at? instant bust when he came into the league.

TimDunkem
12-19-2020, 10:31 PM
Was supposedly a lockdown defender and rebounder at the 3. Just needed to work on his broken jumper.

The former was overblown, and the latter never happened.

Spursfanfromafar
12-19-2020, 10:36 PM
Rondae Hollis Jefferson is an useful PF. He can defend really well from guards to PF... And can score in the paint and in traffic...too bad he can't shoot a lick though from 3. He can still be a backup3/4 for the Spurs if they are doing to trade DDR later this season. Dude is only 25.

timtonymanu
12-19-2020, 10:37 PM
Looking back at that 2012 NBA draft:

Davis, Lillard, Beal are the only good NBA players from the first round. The rest were scrubs or busts. Draymond and Middleton were the only other notable NBA players on the list in the 2nd round that amounted to anything.

gospursgojas
12-20-2020, 01:32 AM

Kawhi and uncle D should be slurping off pop every time Pop damn well pleases.

timvp
12-20-2020, 02:16 AM
Perimeter players who can't shoot are pretty much worthless these days. The MKGs and the RHJs of the world aren't long for the NBA. I wouldn't want them on the Spurs on a two-way contract, tbh.

Centers who can't shoot aren't worthless ... yet. One day they will be worthless but we aren't there right now. Hopefully for the Spurs' and Poeltl's sake, that time won't arrive at any point in the next three years...........

Mr. Body
12-20-2020, 03:38 AM
Perimeter players who can't shoot are pretty much worthless these days. The MKGs and the RHJs of the world aren't long for the NBA. I wouldn't want them on the Spurs on a two-way contract, tbh.

Centers who can't shoot aren't worthless ... yet. One day they will be worthless but we aren't there right now. Hopefully for the Spurs' and Poeltl's sake, that time won't arrive at any point in the next three years...........

A center needs to either shoot or defend the rim, optimally both. Problem with Kaminsky is he's too slow and can't guard the rim. He could shoot at least.

TD 21
12-20-2020, 12:08 PM

Nah, those types have a role if you have stretch C's, who effectively allow them to play C on offense, while defending big wings. Hollis-Jefferson was solid for the Raptors last season because they had this alignment with Gasol/Ibaka.

timvp
12-20-2020, 01:17 PM
Hollis-Jefferson was solid for the Raptors last season because they had this alignment with Gasol/Ibaka.

:lmao Yeah, so solid that he couldn't even land a two-way contract anywhere and became a training camp casualty a couple months later. I know you love those antiquated non-shooting players but sooner or later you will need to join the rest of us in the modern world, tbh.

baseline bum
12-20-2020, 01:52 PM

Honestly, about the same scouting report as Leonard had. Good work ethic, high motor, great size, completely broken jumpshot. Kind of wonder if Chip could have fixed MKG's shot and made him into a star and whether Leonard would have been just another MKG if he was instead drafted into Jordan's shit organization.

baseline bum
12-20-2020, 01:53 PM
Perimeter players who can't shoot are pretty much worthless these days.

As we saw from the inability to trade DePression on draft night :depressed

exstatic
12-20-2020, 01:54 PM
:lmao Yeah, so solid that he couldn't even land a two-way contract anywhere and became a training camp casualty a couple months later. I know you love those antiquated non-shooting players but sooner or later you will need to join the rest of us in the modern world, tbh.

Me, every time Aaron Gordon is brought up. You can’t even play the 4 anymore if you can’t shoot the 3 ball.

TD 21
12-20-2020, 02:03 PM

I know what game you're playing, but if you want to bullshit me, try harder Mr. DeRozan's Range Starts At 15.

The guy was a rotation player, with decent metrics (I also personally saw him play a lot), on one of the best teams in the league.

Once upon a time, the likes of Green and Millls were once out of the league, then walked on to one of the best teams in it and within' short order were crucial role players.

J_Paco
12-20-2020, 02:44 PM
Was supposedly a lockdown defender and rebounder at the 3. Just needed to work on his broken jumper.

The former was overblown, and the latter never happened.

Actually, MKG was a quality defender his first 4 or 5 years in the NBA but than injuries started piling up, he began losing athleticism (couldn't consistently defend guards or quick wings any longer) & his shooting remained poor.

He had a chance to become an all-NBA level defender but that never materialized because of lower body injuries. His offense was always going to be piss poor with that weird shooting form.

Like has been mentioned in this thread, MKG & Hollis-Jefferson are similar players (MKG is worse because of age & injuries) who aren't compatible with the modern style of NBA basketball.

J_Paco
12-20-2020, 02:48 PM

Which is ironic because he's one of the main people constantly bitching about DeJounte's "inability" to shot. Seems it's only okay if you're not on the Spurs to be a poor perimeter shooter, LOLOLOL.

GAustex
12-20-2020, 03:24 PM
All this talk about whoever needs to shoot the three
And fucking Greg Hall of Fame Poop GAVE Bertrans away for DeMarre Carroll
What a disgusting piece of shit poop is

r0drig0lac
12-20-2020, 03:45 PM

or the league stops moving the sliders and allows physical defense at the perimeter again, naturally increasing the value of the centers as it should be.

Prime BEEF
12-20-2020, 03:50 PM
or the league stops moving the sliders and allows physical defense at the perimeter again, naturally increasing the value of the centers as it should be.
Yes please

baseline bum
12-20-2020, 04:11 PM
All this talk about whoever needs to shoot the three
And fucking Greg Hall of Fame Poop GAVE Bertrans away for DeMarre Carroll
What a disgusting piece of shit poop is

He gave Bertans away for Marcus Morris

GAustex
12-20-2020, 05:19 PM
I stand corrected
Poop got played by Morris
Gave away the most prolific 3 point shooter who everyone says everyone needs
And then doubled down on his fuck up and gave a bunch of $ to DeMarre Carroll (and is stilling giving the Holts $ to Carroll)

baseline bum
12-20-2020, 05:37 PM
I stand corrected
Poop got played by Morris
Gave away the most prolific 3 point shooter who everyone says everyone needs
And then doubled down on his fuck up and gave a bunch of $ to DeMarre Carroll (and is stilling giving the Holts $ to Carroll)

They had already promised money to Carroll before finding out they could have gotten Morris though, it would have been just as chickenshit to back out of that deal as it was when Morris reneged. If you want to argue they should have never been recruiting Carroll I'd agree but I can't blame them for living up to their word when the only reason the Carroll deal wasn't in writing was because they needed to sign Morris first. It would have been such bad business to screw a player and an agent over like that.

BackHome
12-20-2020, 05:50 PM
And yet this happens just after there screw up with KY..SMH

TD 21
12-20-2020, 05:55 PM
Which is ironic because he's one of the main people constantly bitching about DeJounte's "inability" to shot. Seems it's only okay if you're not on the Spurs to be a poor perimeter shooter, LOLOLOL.

It's all relative, genius. They're big wing defenders, which right there makes them a scarcity and as I alluded to, when played with four out spacing, can be useful in bursts. They're also veteran's minimum types.

It's funny, I seen you agreeing with my assessment of Murray in another thread, but when it comes from me I'm supposedly "bitching" and when it comes from you you're somehow doing something else.

Murray's being drafted 29th became irrelevant the second they decided it would be intelligent to invest 4/$64M in him to allegedly play "PG".

koriwhat
12-20-2020, 06:17 PM

Nah he gave him away for nothing... MM's word is good for nothing and that's exactly what we got back.

Excessive Egotist
12-20-2020, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't claim Dzanan Musa, but Spurs might consider him for a 15th spot. He's a weird offensive player. His free throw percentage and form make believe he should be able to become a decent three point shooter, but he's awful from the arc (which is why I'd pass on him). Shame, he has good size and can grab and go and push the pace on offense.

Unless there is a good prospect that emerges or comes available, I'd keep the spot open. San Antonio can promote one of their two-ways at midseason or accommodate an extra player in 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 midseason trade scenarios. Although, I suppose they could always just waive a Cam Reynolds type 15th man if clearing roster space was necessary.

The devil's advocate defense of Musa is that he's only 21.

NASpurs
12-20-2020, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't claim Dzanan Musa, but Spurs might consider him for a 15th spot. He's a weird offensive player. His free throw percentage and form make believe he should be able to become a decent three point shooter, but he's awful from the arc (which is why I'd pass on him). Shame, he has good size and can grab and go and push the pace on offense.

Unless there is a good prospect that emerges or comes available, I'd keep the spot open. San Antonio can promote one of their two-ways at midseason or accommodate an extra player in 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 midseason trade scenarios. Although, I suppose they could always just waive a Cam Reynolds type 15th man if clearing roster space was necessary.

The devil's advocate defense of Musa is that he's only 21.

You know it's coming, I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet :lol

poprunning.gif

exstatic
12-20-2020, 06:39 PM
I know what game you're playing, but if you want to bullshit me, try harder Mr. DeRozan's Range Starts At 15.

The guy was a rotation player, with decent metrics (I also personally saw him play a lot), on one of the best teams in the league.

Once upon a time, the likes of Green and Millls were once out of the league, then walked on to one of the best teams in it and within' short order were crucial role players.

Green wasn’t out of the league for long, and most of it was shit attitude. He was cut by the Spurs on his first go around.

Patty was never out of the league on talent. He signed in China during the last lockout, and as soon as their season was over, he signed with the Spurs.

RC_Drunkford
12-20-2020, 07:28 PM
Trey Lyles hit 2 shots in 3 preseason games. I'd rather have MKG than him tbh

J_Paco
12-20-2020, 08:12 PM
It's all relative, genius. They're big wing defenders, which right there makes them a scarcity and as I alluded to, when played with four out spacing, can be useful in bursts. They're also veteran's minimum types.

It's funny, I seen you agreeing with my assessment of Murray in another thread, but when it comes from me I'm supposedly "bitching" and when it comes from you you're somehow doing something else.

Murray's being drafted 29th became irrelevant the second they decided it would be intelligent to invest 4/$64M in him to allegedly play "PG".

I'm not constantly bitching about his play or contract like you. I realize he has clear issues in his game (volume perimeter scoring, playmaking & ballhandling) but those are mostly do to his role & being miscast as a lead guard.

I've said since he tore his ACL & Derrick emerged as a viable option that White should be the starting PG, DeJounte should be moved to SG permanently, playing a similar role to Bruce Bowen/Danny Green (more slashing, cutting and attacking off-ball) & that Pop's overcoaching stagnated that.

I like Hollis-Jefferson, but he is an atrocious perimeter shooter that doesn't have an offensive role in the modern NBA. He played well in bursts last year, but was barely used come playoff time because of his inability to shot the rock.

DeJounte did exactly what he couldn't (only low volume) yet here you are arguing a non-shooting, tweener wing (with no individual offensive creating skills) has more value than a guy that is clearly better than him.

Where is the facepalm GIF when you need it.

J_Paco
12-20-2020, 08:18 PM

Trey has way more of a chance of regaining his three-point stroke (38.7% last year & 34.1% for his career) over a 27.2% career three-point shooter, but please ontinue with the stupid takes.

If either guy was on the team and getting consistent minutes,lthese same people touting them would be screaming bloody murder.

TD 21
12-20-2020, 08:48 PM
Green wasn’t out of the league for long, and most of it was shit attitude. He was cut by the Spurs on his first go around.

Patty was never out of the league on talent. He signed in China during the last lockout, and as soon as their season was over, he signed with the Spurs.

Length of time is irrelevant in this case.

I know, but the point stands. There's guys who come over from Europe relatively late and are rotation players in the NBA, guys cut who come back years later and are semi prominent players, etc.

I'm not constantly bitching about his play or contract like you. I realize he has clear issues in his game (volume perimeter scoring, playmaking & ballhandling) but those are mostly do to his role & being miscast as a lead guard.

I've said since he tore his ACL & Derrick emerged as a viable option that White should be the starting PG, DeJounte should be moved to SG permanently, playing a similar role to Bruce Bowen/Danny Green (more slashing, cutting and attacking off-ball) & that Pop's overcoaching stagnated that.

I like Hollis-Jefferson, but he is an atrocious perimeter shooter that doesn't have an offensive role in the modern NBA. He played well in bursts last year, but was barely used come playoff time because of his inability to shot the rock.

DeJounte did exactly what he couldn't (only low volume) yet here you are arguing a non-shooting, tweener wing (with no individual offensive creating skills) has more value than a guy that is clearly better than him.

Where is the facepalm GIF when you need it.

In other words, I caught your hypocrisy, so now you're moving the goal posts. Wait, did you just unwittingly critique Pop? :wow I guess that means you're not a "real" fan now.

The listing is irrelevant. When Murray plays alongside DeRozan and White, he'll mostly be off ball.

His offensive role is that, provided you have four out spacing, he allows you to effectively play big and small simultaneously. He was barely used in the playoffs because he was the 9th man in a team that was strong 1-8.

I never said he had more value than Murray, you just made that up.

J_Paco
12-20-2020, 09:06 PM
In other words, I caught your hypocrisy, so now you're moving the goal posts. Wait, did you just unwittingly critique Pop? :wow I guess that means you're not a "real" fan now.

The listing is irrelevant. When Murray plays alongside DeRozan and White, he'll mostly be off ball.

His offensive role is that, provided you have four out spacing, he allows you to effectively play big and small simultaneously. He was barely used in the playoffs because he was the 9th man in a team that was strong 1-8.

I never said he had more value than Murray, you just made that up.

I'm not moving any goal posts, jackass.

I thought DeJounte should play alongside Derrick as the starting SG since the beginning of last season, Pop attempting to "develop" both was futile (since they need to see court time together to maximize their potential) & Pop did a poor job of coaching both (and Lonnie) all of last season (until the NBA Bubble).

Note: Criticizing Pop is fine based on his stubborn, poor effort coaching last season. That doesn't invalidate or effect everything he did prior to that.

The "listing" matters cause right now DeJounte is miscast as a PG (primary or secondary ballhandler) in most lineups. He clearly isn't that and is better off as a off-ball, defensive-minded SG.

I'll let you continue to pretend position assignments no longer exist, though.

Hollis-Jefferson didn't play cause he is a terrible perimeter shooter (would've been ignored by Boston/Brooklyn on offense), his solid individual defense is less important in their zone scheme & he was just a regular season minutes eater.

Now, he was cast aside & finds himself without a team until he improves his glaring weakness.

Wow, you admitted that DeJounte's actually better than someone. Holy shit!

Anyway, Hollis-Jefferson's "value" is a scrappy, hustle player that can eat minutes in the regular season but nothing more with his non-existant offensive game.

DeJounte's true value is murky until Pop realizes his better role is off-ball playing alongside Derrick. He's proven to be more valuable than a fringe NBA player like Rondae.

TD 21
12-20-2020, 09:18 PM
I'm not moving any goalposts, jackass.

I thought DeJounte should play alongside Derrick as the starting SG since last year, attempting to "develop" both was futile (since they need to see court time together to maximize their potential) & Pop did a poor job of coaching both (and Lonnie) all of last season (until the NBA Bubble).

The "listing" matters cause right now DeJounte is miscast as a PG (primary or secondary ballhandler) in most lineups. He clearly isn't that and is better off as a off-ball, defensive-minded SG.

I'll let you continue to pretend position assignments no longer exist, though.

Hollis-Jefferson didn't play cause he is a terrible perimeter shooter (would be ignored by any team on offense), his solid individual defense is less important in their zone scheme & he was a regular season minutes eater.

Now, he was cast aside & finds himself without a team until he improves his glaring weakness.

Wow, you admitted that DeJounte's actually better than someone. Holy shit!

Anyway, Hollis-Jefferson's "value" is a scrappy, hustle player that can eat minutes in the regular season but nothing more with his non-existant offensive game.

DeJounte's true value is murky until Pop realizes his better role is off-ball playing alongside Derrick. He's proven to be more valuable than a fringe NBA player like Rondae.

You are, genius. You did what I did, slapped a different label on it, then tried to make it about how you perceive the majority of my posts to be.

I'm saying if/when they get back to the starting 1-3 from the bubble, the listing won't matter because he'll be forced into more of an off ball role.

Right and he was also the 9th man on a team that was strong 1-8. This is irrelevant anyway though considering my point is he can be a rotation player in the right context, which he's proven.

Again, whether with Murray or others, it's all relative.

J_Paco
12-20-2020, 09:27 PM
You are, genius. You did what I did, slapped a different label on it, then tried to make it about how you perceive the majority of my posts to be.

I'm saying if/when they get back to the starting 1-3 from the bubble, the listing won't matter because he'll be forced into more of an off ball role.

Right and he was also the 9th man in a team that was strong 1-8. This is irrelevant anyway though considering my point is he can be a rotation player in the right context.

Again, whether with Murray or others, it's all relative.

Whatever, man.

Hollis-Jefferson lost his spot in the rotation because he can't shot & has little value come playoff time. The context doesn't matter when non-shooters are regularly exposed and exploited when it matters most.

Even a perennial lottery team valued other players over his defense, hustle & limited offensive skills. That is all that needs to be said but you keep going on and on.

DeMar isn't a long-term piece on this team or in the rotation. It goes beyond just the Bubble lineup and adjusting DeJounte's role overall, "genius."

And I didn't state what you said previously. I never questioned DeJounte's salary, why he's on the team or if he can co-exist with White, Johnson or our other prospects.

And that isn't totally on you or anyone else because Pop continues to trot DeJounte out as a PG, asking him to create for himself & others. Until that changes the complaining will continue...

exstatic
12-20-2020, 09:32 PM

Not the biggest Trey fan, but that’s a tiny sample that goes against the grain of his career. Trey will hit comfortably more jump shot in general, and three pointers in detail than MKG will for the rest of their careers

TD 21
12-20-2020, 09:37 PM
Whatever, man.

Hollis-Jefferson lost his spot in the rotation because he can't shot & has little value come playoff time. The context doesn't matter when non-shooters are regularly exposed and exploited when it matters most.

Even a perennial lottery team valued other players over his defense, hustle & limited offensive skills. That is all that needs to be said but you keep going on and on.

DeMar isn't a long-term piece on this team or in the rotation. It goes beyond just the Bubble lineup and adjusting DeJounte's role overall, "genius."

And I didn't state what you said previously. I never questioned DeJounte's salary, why he's on the team or if he can co-exist with White, Johnson or our other prospects.

And that isn't totally on you or anyone else because Pop continues to trot DeJounte out as a PG, asking him to create for himself & others. Until that changes the complaining will continue...

In other words, you concede.

What does that have to do with my initial point, which I just reiterated? It's you who've gone on and on about a simple, undisputable point.

Fair enough, but you still need multiple creators to relegate Murray to a Bowen/Green role and obviously he has to up his 3-point volume considerably while more or less maintaining the percentage.

There's a conceivable path to his co-existing, but to what end? We'll see with Johnson, but the most likely outcome is this is a collection of good role players, some of whom will have to masquerade in star roles, if there's a bridge between Aldridge-DeRozan and whoever they draft that's capable of filling the role.

J_Paco
12-20-2020, 09:40 PM
In other words, you concede.

What does that have to do with my initial point, which I just reiterated? It's you who've gone on and on about a simple, undisputable point.

Fair enough, but you still need multiple creators to relegate Murray to a Bowen/Green role and obviously he has to up his 3-point volume considerably while more or less maintaining the percentage.

There's a conceivable path to his co-existing, but to what end? We'll see with Johnson, but the most likely outcome is this is a collection of good role players, some of whom will have to masquerade in star roles, if there's a bridge between Aldridge-DeRozan and whoever they draft that's capable of filling the role.

That Hollis-Jefferson is practically useless in today's NBA & has to find some semblance of an offensive game to regain a NBA roster? Yes, I agree with that.

Took you forever but you finally caught on...

TD 21
12-20-2020, 09:46 PM
That Hollis-Jefferson is practically useless in today's NBA & has to find some semblance of an offensive game to regain a NBA roster? Yes, I agree with that.

Took you forever but you finally caught on...

So useless that he was a decent contributor on one of the best teams in the league last season, but who needs facts when you've got the disapproval of the guy who thought DeRozan's range started at 15.

J_Paco
12-20-2020, 09:53 PM
So useless that he was a decent contributor on one of the best teams in the league last season, but who needs facts when you've got the disapproval of the guy who thought DeRozan's range started at 15.

And now he finds himself castaway by a terrible, lottery bound Minnesota team after Toronto choice not to retain him.

And it would be great if he did improve his outside shooting because he's still young, has athleticism to spare & is plus defender. Unfortunately, his lack of shooting has him on the outside looking in......

Oh well. Next please.....

Also, I definitely don't recall saying DeMar could fetch a lottery pick but maybe I typed it while drunk or something. I definitely was hoping Golden State would be dumb enough to trade the #2 overall pick for LaMarcus.

Obviously, their front-office ain't that stupid much to my dismay.

ace3g
12-21-2020, 11:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1197929409044504576/nKXnm0aN_normal.jpg
Shams Charania ShamsCharania
(https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania) 51s (https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1341232720102510599)
The Phoenix Suns have claimed F/C Frank Kaminsky off free agency waivers, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA (https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNBA/) @Stadium (https://twitter.com/Stadium/).

RC_Drunkford
12-23-2020, 12:52 AM
Trey has way more of a chance of regaining his three-point stroke (38.7% last year & 34.1% for his career) over a 27.2% career three-point shooter, but please ontinue with the stupid takes.

If either guy was on the team and getting consistent minutes,lthese same people touting them would be screaming bloody murder.

Wow a 7% difference on a volume of 3 attempts per game. What a huge difference
maker. MKG is a better defender so I would assume that would offset that 0.2 point per game difference

R. DeMurre
12-23-2020, 02:34 AM
The irony of course is that RHJeff is universally seen as a guy who can't shoot at all, but DeRozan is a #1 option on offense.

Last year, Derozan took 45% of his shots from between 10' and the 3 pt line. Here are his career %s alongside some other career %s:

10'-16'
DeRozan: 43%
RHJeff: 40.6%

16'-3pt line
DeRozan: 38.6%
RHJeff: 37.1%
Aldridge: 42.3%
Dejounte: 40%
D White: 46%

Yes, DeRozan's %s closer to the basket are much better than RHJ's, but still... as wing players who can't hit threes, they're more similar than they should be.

rankingtear
12-23-2020, 03:06 AM
The irony of course is that RHJeff is universally seen as a guy who can't shoot at all, but DeRozan is a #1 option on offense.

Last year, Derozan took 45% of his shots from between 10' and the 3 pt line. Here are his career %s alongside some other career %s:

10'-16'
DeRozan: 43%
RHJeff: 40.6%

16'-3pt line
DeRozan: 38.6%
RHJeff: 37.1%
Aldridge: 42.3%
Dejounte: 40%
D White: 46%

Yes, DeRozan's %s closer to the basket are much better than RHJ's, but still... as wing players who can't hit threes, they're more similar than they should be.

RHJ shot chart is probably closer to Jakob than Derozan.

J_Paco
12-23-2020, 09:09 PM
Wow a 7% difference on a volume of 3 attempts per game. What a huge difference
maker. MKG is a better defender so I would assume that would offset that 0.2 point per game difference

Its about floor spacing and the fact that MKG is completely ignored on offense, genius.

If you actually paid attention to him last year in Charlotte & Dallas, then you'd realize that his defensive abilities have declined. As he's aged & lost a lot of lateral quickness because of all the lower body injuries.

He's also become a terrible finisher at the rim, so slashing, cutting and being a lob threat are no longer an option either. He's essentially useless on the offensive end of he court.

Trey can take & make three-pointers at a much higher volume (6.3 3PA per 100 possessions last year, 7.3 3PA for his career) than a non-shooting, huge offensive liability like Kidd-Gilchrist.