PDA

View Full Version : How long is White out?

UNT Eagles 2016
12-23-2020, 11:03 PM
This team could really go places with White playing that Manu sixth man role coming off the bench at SG for Walker imo.

exstatic
12-23-2020, 11:19 PM
No. White should start, and run the offense in the half court. Lonnie can be the bench spark.

John B
12-23-2020, 11:33 PM
No. White should start, and run the offense in the half court. Lonnie can be the bench spark.
But that means the primary ball handler in the 2nd team is Patty. Then again, that's a high scoring 2nd team with Patty, Lonnie, Vassell, Gay and Poeltl

Dejounte
12-23-2020, 11:35 PM
Again, people are too obsessed with the starter label. If White has to come off the bench to make us a better team, then so be it. That's if Murray can keep this up.

John B
12-23-2020, 11:37 PM
I really like Keldon at starting 4. He brings them the defensive attitude and strong motor. I hope Pop stay with that

exstatic
12-23-2020, 11:38 PM
But that means the primary ball handler in the 2nd team is Patty. Then again, that's a high scoring 2nd team with Patty, Lonnie, Vassell, Gay and Poeltl

Vassell makes good decisions with the ball, and it’s not like Pop has made hockey line changes recently. He can leave DJ or White in there for a bit with the bench, then rotate the other one in.

exstatic
12-23-2020, 11:40 PM
Again, people are too obsessed with the starter label. If White has to come off the bench to make us a better team, then so be it. That's if Murray can keep this up.

I’m obsessed with the SL not digging big holes for the bench to have to dig us out of, which they fucking did AGAIN tonight.

John B
12-23-2020, 11:43 PM
Vassell makes good decisions with the ball, and it’s not like Pop has made hockey line changes recently. He can leave DJ or White in there for a bit with the bench, then rotate the other one in.
Yup Pop has to stagger Murray/White/DDR as the ballhandlers/decision makers.
Closer: Murray, White, Demar, Keldon, Aldridge looks good

Dejounte
12-23-2020, 11:47 PM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1341968195012460544?s=19

SpursDynasty85
12-24-2020, 12:00 AM
It would make sense for Pop to treat White like Manu. He is injury prone and probably needs limited minutes based on the way he plays (balls out). He has the ability to take over a game on both the offense and defensive end so letting him feast off the 2nd unit maximizes what he brings and then bring him in to close. He probably will never get close to 35 mpg which might help reduce those injuries.

Sugus
12-24-2020, 12:05 AM
It would make sense for Pop to treat White like Manu. He is injury prone and probably needs limited minutes based on the way he plays (balls out). He has the ability to take over a game on both the offense and defensive end so letting him feast off the 2nd unit maximizes what he brings and then bring him in to close. He probably will never get close to 35 mpg which might help reduce those injuries.

It really depends on whether White can keep the attitude and energy up when coming off the bench, as opposed to starting. Last season, there was a STARK contrast in his production depending on his role, and he's known to be a kind of shy/deferring player, when the Spurs need him to be the opposite. The major question is, could we get Bubble White even if he's coming off the bench? I don't know if that's a surefire "yes" at this point, tbh, though I'd love for it to be. Certainly makes a lot of sense, as you point out.

Sugus
12-24-2020, 12:08 AM
I really like Keldon at starting 4. He brings them the defensive attitude and strong motor. I hope Pop stay with that

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't tonight the first time that Keldon started at the 4? I certainly don't remember it happening in the past. It's just a nominal thing anyways, since DDR and Keldon are kind of interchangeable 3/4, but still, it's huge that Pop makes space in the lineup for Keldon to start. Especially on his first game back - I don't think people are giving Pop the credit he deserves for really riding with the young core. Started Keldon, started Lonnie again, good minutes for Vassell, no minutes for Lyles. Commendable.

John B
12-24-2020, 12:55 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't tonight the first time that Keldon started at the 4? I certainly don't remember it happening in the past. It's just a nominal thing anyways, since DDR and Keldon are kind of interchangeable 3/4, but still, it's huge that Pop makes space in the lineup for Keldon to start. Especially on his first game back - I don't think people are giving Pop the credit he deserves for really riding with the young core. Started Keldon, started Lonnie again, good minutes for Vassell, no minutes for Lyles. Commendable.
I hope it wasn't just a match on Kyle. Because Keldon's motor was infectious. Somebody mentioned PJ Tucker?

smush
12-24-2020, 07:26 AM
White should be back soon. He traveled with the team to Memphis. He looked like he was moving around well on the sideline. I don’t think he would be traveling if it was that bad. He probably was doing workouts before the game.

Blackhaus
12-24-2020, 08:19 AM
Anyone watch the first Brooklyn game? White should play the roll Levert did, come off the bench and completely run the second unit. This isn’t a long term decision, just one too start the season and see how it works. Eventually when derozan is gone, White picks up the majority of his ball handling and playmakimg duties and earns that contract extension.

CGD
12-24-2020, 08:35 AM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1341968195012460544?s=19

I fucking love Keldon. He’ll end up being the heart and soul of team before it’s all done.

EasyMoney
12-24-2020, 09:05 AM
If this current lineup continues to produce by the time derrick comes back, then unfortunately he'll be our 6th man.

Dejounte
12-24-2020, 09:12 AM
If this current lineup continues to produce by the time derrick comes back, then unfortunately he'll be our 6th man.

That's not unfortunate.

That's scary.

C-Dub
12-24-2020, 10:11 AM
When White returns, I see LW4 coming off the bench playing and scoring pretty much like he did this game. With DDR in starting lineup, LW4 would never really be a high volume scorer but coming off the bench he would be the featured scorer. D. White defense and playing style will help the starting lineup.

traitoravery
12-24-2020, 10:34 AM

Yes, they looked tough defensively. White off the bench is my vote!

XDT76
12-24-2020, 10:36 AM
I would prefer White to start, he could get LMA into rhythm faster, we cannot be trying to get out of a slow start every game.

John B
12-24-2020, 10:42 AM
I would prefer White to start, he could get LMA into rhythm faster, we cannot be trying to get out of a slow start every game.
True and would keep Murray aggressive to score.

poopbox
12-24-2020, 11:01 AM
Probably comes off the bench when he comes back but eventually he will be in the starting lineup...starting lineup will be white, murray, keldon, demar, LMA...vassell, mills, walker will be the backup guards depending on lineups and situations

paperboy77
12-26-2020, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know when White is coming back?

look_at_g_shred
12-26-2020, 10:45 AM
I would say Friday against the Lakers imho