PDA

View Full Version : Spurs games on Fox Sports Southwest

boutons_deux
12-25-2020, 12:31 PM
Using NBA.com for Spur games,

I find about 30 Spurs games

I suppose NBA League pass isn't a solution because Spurs road games will be blacked out in SA?

SpurSpike
12-25-2020, 01:46 PM
Using NBA.com for Spur games,

I find about 30 Spurs games

I suppose NBA League pass isn't a solution because Spurs road games will be blacked out in SA?

I think its the home games that get blacked out because of distribution rights going to the local channels for that area.

boutons_deux
12-25-2020, 02:29 PM
The problem could be that LP won't show a Spurs road game which would have been shown by FSSW, and is not shown by local stations.

boutons_deux
12-25-2020, 03:27 PM
att tv offers $200 signup bonus so that eases the pain, waives installation fee.

ducks
12-25-2020, 03:59 PM
Watch spurs games and stay out of politics boutons!

John B
12-25-2020, 05:31 PM
How about a free stream in ST? :lol

playblair
12-25-2020, 07:49 PM
att tv offers $200 signup bonus so that eases the pain, waives installation fee.
thats the contract version you have to pay for 2 years with early termination fee.............get att tv now its the same with 0 contract & carries fssw

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-25-2020, 08:23 PM
Watch spurs games and stay out of politics

good advice ducks :tu

TrueSpursFan
12-25-2020, 08:38 PM
thats the contract version you have to pay for 2 years with early termination fee.............get att tv now its the same with 0 contract & carries fssw

but you need the $80 one to watch the games. Ridiculous

FkLA
12-25-2020, 08:41 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Paused my YouTubeTV subscription (that way my recordings stay intact) and going with AT&T TV for now. Hopefully YouTubeTV can get the fox sports regional channels back. Their interface is so much better than AT&T's. Can't even pause/rewind live TV on AT&T yet smh.

playblair
12-25-2020, 09:44 PM
but you need the $80 one to watch the games. Ridiculous
yea thats the downside but to be fair it comes with all the hbo channels + hbo max + cinemax + locals included

playblair
12-25-2020, 09:46 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Paused my YouTubeTV subscription (that way my recordings stay intact) and going with AT&T TV for now. Hopefully YouTubeTV can get the fox sports regional channels back. Their interface is so much better than AT&T's. Can't even pause/rewind live TV on AT&T yet smh.

tbh i dont think the rsns are coming back to yttv & hulu until next year if at all.........sinclair is creating their own streaming app to sale the fox sports channels

https://thestreamable.com/news/sinclair-to-launch-new-sports-streaming-app-to-replace-fox-sports-goin-2021

spurs10
12-25-2020, 11:00 PM
This is just for streaming though. It's not cable, correct?

playblair
12-26-2020, 02:03 AM
This is just for streaming though. It's not cable, correct?
yes but att tv contract version requires an att internet box
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ep9ekjMW8AALw9O?format=jpg&name=large

Biggems
12-26-2020, 07:18 AM
Try this site....

Freestreams-live1.com

There are some popup adds while trying to get to your game, some are adult sites others gambling and streaming sites. They ave nba nfl, mlb, nhl, college, auto, flopball, etc. Once you find your game, you usually get 3 streaming options. If one lags or freezes, pick another. Works great on my pc. I usually use my phone and sync with my tv.

I used to use crackstreams.com, but it has gone to shit this season.

Dex
12-26-2020, 10:55 AM

ATT TV didn't have the right FSSW for me. Up here in Austin, I got the Dallas regional broadcast instead of the SA one.

Mileage may vary depending on your area, but that was a dead end or me.

Dex
12-26-2020, 10:56 AM

You just wanted to show off your PS5 :lol

boutons_deux
12-26-2020, 12:05 PM
Just hung up with ATT

The ONLY way to receive RSN / Regional Sports Network (eg Fox Sports Southwest) is with a 2-year contract, $80/month, with ATT DirectTV.

Early cancellation penalty is $20/month x contract months remaining.

A $2000+ contract to watch about 30 Spurs games. Fuck that extortionist, wealth-sucking BigCorp Capitalist monopolist shit.

offset formation
12-26-2020, 12:13 PM
Just hung up with ATT

The ONLY way to receive RSN / Regional Sports Network (eg Fox Sports Southwest) is with a 2-year contract, $80/month, with ATT DirectTV.

A $2000+ contract to watch about 30 Spurs games. Fuck that extortionist, wealth-sucking BigCorp Capitalist monopolist shit.

Really, fuck the NBA for forcing ppl to stream illegally. I live in Austin so all the games are blacked out practically and the ones that aren't I didn't expect to be on so I missed half of the last season. And then this whole ATT/Sinclair thing is a joke.

Fuck the NBA. This is 2020 and it's harder to watch an NBA game now than at any point in my life.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-26-2020, 12:49 PM

Demon's Souls is where it's at. Loved that game, and next gen 2K has been a pleasant surprise.

hombre
12-26-2020, 12:56 PM
You just wanted to show off your PS5 :lol

Darius Bieber
12-26-2020, 01:05 PM
Just hung up with ATT

Then their ATT-Now streaming service is false advertising? The $80 tier streaming package says it includes FSSW.

TimDunkem
12-26-2020, 01:11 PM
Imagine paying $80 to watch this Spurs team. :lol

boutons_deux
12-26-2020, 01:20 PM
Then their ATT-Now streaming service is false advertising? The $80 tier streaming package says it includes FSSW.

Call 'em up and confirm one way or the other.

I asked the guy the same question different ways, the answer was always RSN only with 2-year DTV contract, with free NBA TV as add-on.

yes, it's $80/month but 80 x 24

Dex
12-26-2020, 02:58 PM

It DOES include FSSW, but FSSW still varies by region, and ATT-Now doesn't seem to take that into account.

So even though you will get a FSSW channel, it may not show the Spurs games. In my case, it showed the Dallas region so I got a bunch of Mavericks and Stars games even though I live in Austin.

Ocotillo
12-26-2020, 03:36 PM
Just hung up with ATT

Easy there Big Fella, FBI is at the moment is looking for suspects who bombed an AT&T bldg in Nashville. :lol

objective
12-26-2020, 05:15 PM

It DOES include FSSW, but FSSW still varies by region, and ATT-Now doesn't seem to take that into account.

So even though you will get a FSSW channel, it may not show the Spurs games. In my case, it showed the Dallas region so I got a bunch of Mavericks and Stars games even though I live in Austin.

ATT NOW in the home market does have the FSSW and the Spurs. After taxes and fees it's about $87. But it does include HBO and Cinemax at least.

Dex
12-26-2020, 05:54 PM
ATT NOW in the home market does have the FSSW and the Spurs. After taxes and fees it's about $87. But it does include HBO and Cinemax at least.

Good to know.

I was very disappointed then I subscribed and still couldn't get Spurs games.

spurs10
12-26-2020, 06:22 PM
ATT NOW in the home market does have the FSSW and the Spurs. After taxes and fees it's about $87. But it does include HBO and Cinemax at least. Is this regular cable TV or just a stream on computers and phones. It's cheaper than the Directv package I have that has a sports package.

boutons_deux
12-26-2020, 06:30 PM

boutons_deux
12-26-2020, 06:55 PM
OK, still running the ATT consumer obstacle course, and hurdling the ATT help guy saying RSN only with DTV 2-year contract :(

ATT TV NOW is month to month, $80, after I put in my zip, here's the RSN answer

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=c5ffe9fe07&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r1723717076744215000&th=176a1607f8c0658b&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_rxLXiP4FUCAY1jiX0-qTinqRbuOJFBB9DFLnxZxmu6J86a3Q4zEqSr3hj-AgCdHLL9WNUl3fsdn7AUS1dHERgSDpcdouXN3ABWlLA4XRDESw pMr68FtzvK0A&disp=emb&realattid=ii_kj6c2m3p0

Thank all y'all for helping out.

and I got ATT tile onto my new TV menu.

Now to see if I can really watch Spurs road games. There's ALWAYS a possible gotcha

objective
12-26-2020, 07:14 PM
Is this regular cable TV or just a stream on computers and phones. It's cheaper than the Directv package I have that has a sports package.

it's streaming online. I use it with an app on a Roku. There is no app for Nvidia Shield. There could be apps for Xbox, Playstation, Amazon Fire stick/box, smart TVS, etc, but you'd have to check for whatever you have.

It has a cloud DVR that keeps restarting on me during games, but I do FF and Rewind a lot. It's not nearly as good or intuitive as the YoutubeTV app was, but it is what it is.

spurs10
12-26-2020, 07:20 PM
Thanks I'm liking this deal and would like to lock it down at $80 per month so they don't jack up the price in a few months. Just wondering if that ATT internet box will replace my Directv box and I can watch on my television instead of my computer.

objective
12-26-2020, 07:23 PM
There is a 7 day free trial that can be used to see if it works for you as far as home regions and surprise Mavs or Rockets games or surprise blackouts.

So far for me it has worked fine, pre-season and the opener.

No NBATV for what it's worth.

objective
12-26-2020, 07:24 PM
sorry, I responded about ATT NOW streaming, not the cable service. Sorry for the confusion.

spurs10
12-26-2020, 09:43 PM
sorry, I responded about ATT NOW streaming, not the cable service. Sorry for the confusion. No thanks for the info. I'm still trying to see if if the ATT Now is a good replacement for my cable service. Other than games I mainly DVR movies and the news and Directv is good for that,

playblair
12-26-2020, 11:04 PM
No thanks for the info. I'm still trying to see if if the ATT Now is a good replacement for my cable service. Other than games I mainly DVR movies and the news and Directv is good for that,
this is for att tv but should also work for att tv now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuGCcmQAWo

FkLA
12-26-2020, 11:12 PM
Some of you sound like noobs when it comes to how streaming services work, imo.

You can stream on your TV or any other device with AT&T TV Now.

The streaming service has no contract so you can ditch it whenever you want (after Spurs season if you'd like).

It has all the features of regular cable. Just not as many irrelevant, filler channels.

playblair
12-26-2020, 11:14 PM

You can stream on your TV or any other device with AT&T TV.

The streaming service has no contract so you can ditch it whenever you want (after Spurs season if you'd like).

It has all the features of regular cable. Just not as many irrelevant, filler channels.

att tv has a contract bruh..........att tv now does not.......they havethe exact same packages same channels.......only difference is devices & contracts

FkLA
12-26-2020, 11:16 PM
Does anybody know if it will work if I get someone from out of market to sign up for league pass? Like everything will be under their name, their billing address and credit card etc.

If I use their login information will I be able to get Spurs games or will my IP address prevent me from viewing them?

FkLA
12-26-2020, 11:17 PM
att tv has a contract bruh..........att tv now does not.......they havethe exact same packages same channels.......only difference is devices & contracts

Yeah, that's what I meant. My bad. I have at&t TV now.

spurs10
12-26-2020, 11:55 PM
this is for att tv but should also work for att tv now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuGCcmQAWo Thanks!

phxspurfan
12-26-2020, 11:57 PM
Watch spurs games and stay out of politics boutons!

:rollin

I can't. I can't even

phxspurfan
12-26-2020, 11:58 PM
Does anybody know if it will work if I get someone from out of market to sign up for league pass? Like everything will be under their name, their billing address and credit card etc.

If I use their login information will I be able to get Spurs games or will my IP address prevent me from viewing them?

I think on a mobile device it will use your IP for location and you'll be fucked. I've tried to get around this type of thing with many services, and right after the device asks to allow location, it blacklists you.

You can try VPN, but no guarantees it won't try to use the GPS, or just be too slow for streaming video

crc21209
12-27-2020, 02:00 AM
So I came into the season thinking I was going to be screwed since I have YouTube Tv and FSSW is no longer available on there. My buddy just recently let me know about a new site called HeHestreams. You can watch from your tablet, phone, and roku device. It’s about $12 a month but you can watch every single game every night, choosing home or away (or national broadcast if available). There are no blackout restrictions as well! They have a special for 6 weeks that’s $25. I tried the free 2 day trial they had for the first game against Memphis and it worked pretty well....

spurs10
12-27-2020, 02:35 AM

You can stream on your TV or any other device with AT&T TV Now.

Hey I resemble that remark! I mainly watch stuff I stream on my TV, but I've always had cable as my base plan and yeah it looks like the main difference is not having a bunch of channels I don't watch. I was more concerned about the DVR capabilities and that seems to be cool as well. I'm changing to ATT TV and will save money.

Prose
12-27-2020, 02:37 AM
Easy there Big Fella, FBI is at the moment is looking for suspects who bombed an AT&T bldg in Nashville. :lol

my guess yesterday was it is some white dude. And if it is people will call him a “lone wolf” and “mentally ill”....if he was brown he would be called a terrorist and linked to Islam.

Prose
12-27-2020, 02:42 AM
What’s the catch?

Prose
12-27-2020, 02:42 AM

my guess yesterday was it is some white dude. And if it is they will call him a “lone wolf” and “mentally ill”....if he was brown he would be a terrorist and linked to Islam.

gospursgojas
12-27-2020, 03:10 AM
Bigger question is how the hell to we get Spurs to stop broadcasting most their games on a network that nobody carries.

playblair
12-27-2020, 05:26 PM
Hey I resemble that remark! I mainly watch stuff I stream on my TV, but I've always had cable as my base plan and yeah it looks like the main difference is not having a bunch of channels I don't watch. I was more concerned about the DVR capabilities and that seems to be cool as well. I'm changing to ATT TV and will save money.
just be sure to have unlimited internet with no data cap because streaming will easily destroy your cap.............. i used over 1tb of data in 10 days

spurs10
12-27-2020, 06:38 PM
just be sure to have unlimited internet with no data cap because streaming will easily destroy your cap.............. i used over 1tb of data in 10 days Aah, again makes sense. Appreciate this information. I'll check out my internet data cap....it might make a big difference, as I won't save that much switching.

Arcadian
12-28-2020, 12:39 PM
Bigger question is how the hell to we get Spurs to stop broadcasting most their games on a network that nobody carries.

I noticed that all NBA teams broadcast on the regional Fox Sports network in their region. Must be some kind of monopoly.

Darius Bieber
12-28-2020, 12:57 PM
I noticed that all NBA teams broadcast on the regional Fox Sports network in their region. Must be some kind of monopoly.

There are a few that do not broadcast on Fox Regionals, and thus, YouTubeTV carries them. Blazers and Wizards (two quick off the top of my head) use NBC regional sports networks that are included in HuluTV and YouTubeTV. I believe the Bulls are the same.

Edit: After a quick search, the Warriors, 76ers and Celtics also use NBC regionals.

TimDunkem
12-28-2020, 01:11 PM
There are a few that do not broadcast on Fox Regionals, and thus, YouTubeTV carries them. Blazers and Wizards (two quick off the top of my head) use NBC regional sports networks that are included in HuluTV and YouTubeTV. I believe the Bulls are the same.

Edit: After a quick search, the Warriors, 76ers and Celtics also use NBC regionals.
What's going on here? Such a big part of SA, so why not have some sort of deal with KENS or something? Sinclair has a fucking stranglehold on news and sports.

Darius Bieber
12-28-2020, 01:40 PM
What's going on here? Such a big part of SA, so why not have some sort of deal with KENS or something? Sinclair has a fucking stranglehold on news and sports.

A couple bullet points to quickly recap:

The team's management/owners decide who to give their broadcasting contract to. (For instance, the owner of the Wizards owns a big stake in the NBC Regional Sports Network, so definitely the big reason why the Wizards are televised by NBC Sports)

Spurs Sports & Entertainment just signed a huge multi-year contract with Fox Regional (FSSW) in late 2018.
The Fox Regional Sports were once owned by Fox Sports themselves. That's why every streaming service carried them. (Networks package out their channels together, so if YouTubeTV wanted to broadcast FS1 or FS2, they HAD to also buy the rights to Fox Sports Southwest for example, and that's why we had FSSW on YouTubeTV or HuluLive+TV for so long)
Now, FSSW and other Fox Regional Sports Networks do not belong to Fox Sports anymore, Sinclair has bought them all. And losing money on them quickly. Sinclair is known for their high price negotiations and aren't budging. This is why I expect none of the streaming services to include FSSW again.
Sinclair will change the name of their Fox Sports Regional Networks to Bally's Sports. So expect it to be called Bally's Sports Southwest soon.
In addition to the name change, I have heard Rumors that Bally's Sports will start their own streaming service (like Disney+ or ESPN+ or Peacock) and provide content that way.

FkLA
12-28-2020, 02:01 PM
At the end of the day, teams are also businesses. You gotta go with the highest bidder. Theres no way a local channel like KENS5 can compete with a national brand.

Aside from the streaming service mentioned in this thread, pretty sure Spectrum and DirectTV still carry it too. So it's not like it's really that hard to see the games. It's really only hard for cord cutters, tbh.

BacktoBasics
12-28-2020, 03:12 PM
A couple bullet points to quickly recap:

The team's management/owners decide who to give their broadcasting contract to. (For instance, the owner of the Wizards owns a big stake in the NBC Regional Sports Network, so definitely the big reason why the Wizards are televised by NBC Sports)

Spurs Sports & Entertainment just signed a huge multi-year contract with Fox Regional (FSSW) in late 2018.
The Fox Regional Sports were once owned by Fox Sports themselves. That's why every streaming service carried them. (Networks package out their channels together, so if YouTubeTV wanted to broadcast FS1 or FS2, they HAD to also buy the rights to Fox Sports Southwest for example, and that's why we had FSSW on YouTubeTV or HuluLive+TV for so long)
Now, FSSW and other Fox Regional Sports Networks do not belong to Fox Sports anymore, Sinclair has bought them all. And losing money on them quickly. Sinclair is known for their high price negotiations and aren't budging. This is why I expect none of the streaming services to include FSSW again.
Sinclair will change the name of their Fox Sports Regional Networks to Bally's Sports. So expect it to be called Bally's Sports Southwest soon.
In addition to the name change, I have heard Rumors that Bally's Sports will start their own streaming service (like Disney+ or ESPN+ or Peacock) and provide content that way.

Sadly I’m fine with this but it needs to be made available to the public sooner than later. Really though the nba needs to rework blackout restrictions and allow us to watch local games via league pass. They’re doing their fans a huge disservice by not demanding a renegotiation over blackout restrictions. Especially in a covid world.

Arcadian
12-28-2020, 05:18 PM
It's really only hard for cord cutters, tbh.

Yeah well, that's the direction the world is going now. More and more people are "cutting the cord" and switching to streaming services. So if companies want people to be able to access their content, they need to get with the times.

gospursgojas
12-28-2020, 08:40 PM
I get the business side of it. But somewhere along the line you wanna make your product accessible to consumer.

K...
12-28-2020, 09:38 PM
sinclair will use this as a loss leader, they paid more for the content than they'll get back at first. Their stream service will be low priced at first but then they'll raise prices as they entrench monopoly power. The nba has no recourse, they gave fox the ability to sell the stuff and Disney, who can't risk antitrust breakup, agreed to sell at a likely depressed amount.

Degoat
12-28-2020, 10:22 PM
Aren’t all sides losing in this though? Like people aren’t able to watch FSSW, Sinclair is losing money by not having agreements in place with other TV providers, these other TV companies are losing business because they don’t have it etc. plus NBA ratings will be down significantly if people can’t watch.

FkLA
02-15-2021, 09:53 AM
Anybody else with at&t now get Mavs/Blazers yesterday instead of Spurs/Hornets? Idk if it was also the case live, but I just went to watch the recording of it since I wasnt able to catch it yesterday and it's the wrong FSSW feed.

:pctoss