https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1343988864885661699

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1343988274474479617

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1343988090155708428

MVPCues
12-29-2020, 02:49 PM
2 and 3 coming soon, unfortunately.

John B
12-29-2020, 02:51 PM
I hope the extended rest was plenty enough for Aldridge. Because we need big bodies against the Lakers. I wonder if we see Luka. I hate to say it, but we could be in sub-.500 by the end of the week. I hope the Spurs prove me wrong.

Dejounte
12-29-2020, 03:01 PM
I hope the extended rest was plenty enough for Aldridge. Because we need big bodies against the Lakers. I wonder if we see Luka. I hate to say it, but we could be in sub-.500 by the end of the week. I hope the Spurs prove me wrong.

I'm afraid Luka is going the Metu route. My hopes for him are going down by the day. I see KBD earning minutes before he does.

TD 21
12-29-2020, 03:06 PM
Samanic is tall more than he is big. He has less of a chance of defending against the strength of the Lakers than Johnson.

Put Johnson on James, Aldridge on Davis and hide DeRozan on Gasol. Hopefully they can lure them into wasting possessions trying to milk that on the block.

When they go Davis-Harrell, might have to go Aldridge-Poeltl to counter. I'd try Gay on Harrell first though.

JuneJive
12-29-2020, 03:08 PM
I'm afraid Luka is going the Metu route. My hopes for him are going down by the day.

Based on what?

One can only point to his non-playing time as a factor.

They wouldn't have picked him at #19 if they didn't have a long term plan in place.

He is steadily improving. Once the frontcourt clears out ( LMA, Lyles ) he's gonna get his minutes.
That would coincide with his development.

And only then can we start to write him off if he doesn't rise up to the challenge.

Dejounte
12-29-2020, 03:16 PM
Based on what?

They wouldn't have picked him at #19 if they didn't have a long term plan in place.

He is steadily improving. Once the frontcourt clears out ( LMA, Lyles ) he's gonna get his minutes.

And only then can we start to write him off if he doesn't rise up to the challenge.

Based off his limited showing in pre-season.

Granted, several players who did poorly in pre-season are doing OK now. But I feel like those players who did poorly was due to every reason except athletic ability.

Samanic looks too slow to play wing and not strong enough to play big. That's a huge limitation.

He also doesn't play "active" enough. Vassell does this in spades. If Vassell was the smallest player in the NBA, he would still be useful.

John B
12-29-2020, 03:33 PM
Based on what?

This roster is based on Defense, and I’m glad Pop is going back that culture of earning minutes by playing defense. And unless T-Rex Luka grew another 5 inches of wingspan or play great defense, the former even more likely, he’s not sniffing the court anytime soon.

I mean I like his potential, big with guard handles and range. But he needs to play great defense, rebound the ball, or we are seeing more of Lyles and Ewwbanks.

Sugus
12-29-2020, 03:34 PM

I'm not too hopeful on Aldrige, I tend to agree with other posters that we might be witnessing his decline in real-time. He might have a few good games this season, but it's probably downhill from here, and we shouldn't rely on him or hope to. Here's to him proving me wrong... Agree on Luka. If he can't crack the PF rotation when his competition is a good-for-nothing Lyles, and the corpse of Rudy Gay, or an out-of-position Keldon, that'd be a problem. Not worried... Yet.

Oh, and being sub-.500 isn't really something to worry about right now. We're only 3 games in, 2-1, and about to face the defending champs two times in a row - any team can lose two games consecutively, especially these ones. Just too small a sample size. Now, if we're still sub-.500 a month from now... Yeah.

I'm just hoping we can keep it competitive down to the wire. Win or lose, the most refreshing thing about this team has been the newfound resilience they have. We won't be seeing the full scope of these Spurs until White gets back and regains his rightful role.

Capt Bringdown
12-29-2020, 03:45 PM
Is anyone beating LakerRef this year? In a 7-game series, no chance.

JuneJive
12-29-2020, 04:01 PM
He's a giant softie with no confidence. He makes Bertans look like Charles Oakley.

I wouldn't say he lacks toughness. I think you can attribute that to him still being in a new surrounding.
As time passes he will get more and more acquainted with his teammates, schemes and the overall feel of the game. Confidence is built.

Granted, several players who did poorly in pre-season are doing OK now. But I feel like those players who did poorly was due to every reason except athletic ability.

Samanic looks too slow to play wing and not strong enough to play big. That's a huge limitation.

He also doesn't play "active" enough. Vassell does this in spades. If Vassell was the smallest player in the NBA, he would still be useful.

Defensively, I see him being very effective as an on-ball defender out on the perimeter. Sure, not full- time, but pretty often.
He is quick, agile and with better positioning and footwork he could become really good.
Off-ball defense was his main issue coming in, but it isn't a glaring hole. Much of it was due to him being very raw. ( Scheme and processing the game wise )
Rim-protection, I agree, is where he will struggle.
Can't make him longer.

This roster is based on Defense, and I’m glad Pop is going back that culture of earning minutes by playing defense. And unless T-Rex Luka grew another 5 inches of wingspan or play great defense, the former even more likely, he’s not sniffing the court anytime soon.

I mean I like his potential, big with guard handles and range. But he needs to play great defense, rebound the ball, or we are seeing more of Lyles and Ewwbanks.

I too love the defense 1st approach being instilled.
And of course, he will have to hold his own.
Poeltl, for example, is a great fit with him in the frontcourt. He would offset his lack of rim protection. Rebounding should still be decent with our big guards, wings.
Offensively, Luka has range and the ability to create off the dribble.

I think my expectations of him are pretty realistic. Even though I'm a homer.

Obi Juan Kenobi
12-29-2020, 04:07 PM
Would be an awesome birthday present even though its LeBron's birthday too...

:flag:

John B
12-29-2020, 04:19 PM
I'm afraid Luka is going the Metu route. My hopes for him are going down by the day. I see KBD earning minutes before he does.
The thing that’s going to prevent Luka on that Metu route is his bbal IQ and skills. Metu got the size and length, but nothing else. I’m hoping that Pop (I don’t know in his staff who were the defensive guru), would make Luka a better defensive player. If he has the will and motor that hoping Keldon/White/Lonnie/Murray, heck almost all of them except Aldridge and Lyles, would rub on him. Hopefully he will be fine. But Pop needs to commit to rewarding and benching people who don’t fall in line. And if pulling LMA last game was an indicator, then it will send the right signals.

Dejounte
12-29-2020, 04:35 PM
https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1344034218687557634?s=19

Chinook
12-29-2020, 04:37 PM
Well I mean yeah. If anything it's nice that someone even feels the need to say that

Dejounte
12-29-2020, 04:51 PM
https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1344036773236760577?s=19

BackHome
12-29-2020, 05:51 PM

Sorry love ya Bro but ya wrong about Jakob because based on Pre Season everyone and there mama was ready to dump Walker and Murray for a bag of potato chips. And to be honest he didn't get much playing time in all and when he did Lyles pretty much froze him out and starting to jack up bricks the whole game.

I honestly don't know if he will be good or bad we haven't seen enough of him but when Spurs picked him it was under the "PROJECT/POTENTIAL" meaning it is going to take longer for him to develop.

Dejounte
12-29-2020, 05:56 PM
Sorry love ya Bro but ya wrong about Jakob because based on Pre Season everyone and there mama was ready to dump Walker and Murray for a bag of potato chips. And to be honest he didn't get much playing time in all and when he did Lyles pretty much froze him out and starting to jack up bricks the whole game.

I honestly don't know if he will be good or bad we haven't seen enough of him but when Spurs picked him it was under the "PROJECT/POTENTIAL" meaning it is going to take longer for him to develop.

You mean Luka, right?

I'll be glad to be proven wrong. Sure hope he shows us something because it would make the team 10x more exciting, if that was even possible.

DAF86
12-29-2020, 07:28 PM
Hopefully Pop sticks with the normal rotation and doesn't try to needlessly adjust to a Marc Gasol centered team, tbh.

Blackhaus
12-29-2020, 10:30 PM
I feel we won’t know what we truly have in Luka until the beginning of next season. I don’t see him getting any run this year based off what we saw in preseason. He really needs to get stronger and someone needs to light a fire under his ass. I’m a bit concerned he may never developed the motor to make it, but the sample size is way too small to judge atm tbh.

PhantomDashCam
12-29-2020, 10:47 PM
https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1343791133244207104?s=20

Dejounte
12-29-2020, 11:14 PM
https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1343791133244207104?s=20

Geez, it's exactly like watching LMA...

Fusternino
12-30-2020, 04:14 AM
Still think the Spurs moved on too quickly from Metu.

Larry O
12-30-2020, 05:27 AM
In my opinion, Poeltl would be best to start against the Lackers vs LMA. JP25 at least would allow for the Spurs to get up and down the floor in a more fast paced game. This may just give the Spurs a chance to compete with the Chumps. Right now, LMA is out of game shape and hasn't established his rhythm yet, so he may benefit from coming off the bench until he can get his playing legs under him, then reconsider placing him back into the starting lineup.

BillMc
12-30-2020, 07:27 AM
No, you need to start LMA and get him reps with the starters. Cut his minutes if needed but way too early to bench him

spurs50_
12-30-2020, 09:12 AM
I think we can get a split from these dirtbags....Go Spurs!

Rummpd
12-30-2020, 09:34 AM
Beat the pseudo/sham champs at least once

pookenstein
12-30-2020, 09:49 AM
Is LeBron playing? CBS has him as agame time decision.

Dex
12-30-2020, 09:55 AM
No, you need to start LMA and get him reps with the starters. Cut his minutes if needed but way too early to bench him

Exactly, LMA always starts slow and he actually has a good reason this year.

This team will be better with Aldridge playing up to his normal level (even if it's not what it used to be)...that's never gonna happen if you bench him.

XDT76
12-30-2020, 10:01 AM
Exactly, LMA always starts slow and he actually has a good reason this year.

This team will be better with Aldridge playing up to his normal level (even if it's not what it used to be)...that's never gonna happen if you bench him.

He needs White to setup him up the first couple of mins to get him into rhythm.

BillMc
12-30-2020, 10:45 AM
What do you think? We see a Tre or Luka sighting this game?

BillMc
12-30-2020, 10:52 AM
Spurs by 3?

LBJ's b-day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4uPz7C130I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4uPz7C130I

Floyd Pacquiao
12-30-2020, 10:55 AM
I hope Vassell gets more minutes and pop doesn’t play his childish mind games with him

Chinook
12-30-2020, 11:15 AM
Still think the Spurs moved on too quickly from Metu.

Not really. He was awful. Even if he becomes decent in a few years, SA should've moved on and found guys who could play for them. They certainly believed in Chim when they got him, so them moving on wasn't done lightly. I don't know if you were just commenting or if you think LAL specifically highlights SA needing Metu. But for sure, I don't look at him as having anything to do with this match-up.

Sugus
12-30-2020, 11:28 AM
I'm weirdly optimistic about this game. The Lakers' offense has been smothering opponents their last few games, but the Spurs' young players and quick pace could disrupt their game. A big part of the puzzle will be how Keldon fares on LBJ - taking him off his game somewhat, can be key to disrupting the Lakers' offense. Let AD kill us if he may (well, not really, though I don't think we have any good perimeter defenders for him if he catches fire from deep), but disrupt LeBron. That'll be the key, IMO.

Not to mention, it'll be much harder to win the second game if we've lost the first one. A victory tonight could be crucial.

BillMc
12-30-2020, 11:33 AM
Avenging missing the playoffs and the power of Manu drive Patty Mills

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/missing-nba-playoffs-for-the-first-time-is-fueling-spurs-patty-mills

John B
12-30-2020, 11:47 AM
If Spurs win tonight, this ST will explode :lol. GSG!

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 11:50 AM
https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1344316014775844864?s=19

EasyMoney
12-30-2020, 01:19 PM
Lamarcus is questionable with left knee soreness

RC_Drunkford
12-30-2020, 01:29 PM
Hopefully Pop sticks with the normal rotation and doesn't try to needlessly adjust to a Marc Gasol centered team, tbh.

that part. He shouldn’t start Poeltl and Aldridge together. Force them to go small, run them out the gym. Gasol is slow and old. Play the small ball line up, put Aldridge on AD and if they want to post up Gasol let them. Post ups ain’t that effective anymore in today’s NBA anyway. Harrell can’t play defense either. I assume Pop will go big for stretches in this game though

Fusternino
12-30-2020, 01:44 PM
Not really. He was awful. Even if he becomes decent in a few years, SA should've moved on and found guys who could play for them. They certainly believed in Chim when they got him, so them moving on wasn't done lightly. I don't know if you were just commenting or if you think LAL specifically highlights SA needing Metu. But for sure, I don't look at him as having anything to do with this match-up.

Well LA is a big team. SA has the problem of none of our Cs (LMA, Poeltl, Eubanks) being able to play next to each other, which Metu could've alleviated. Our entire forward rotation is decimated. DDR/KJ cannot be expected to play at the 3 every game and the four guard line ups are even more putrid.

Sugus
12-30-2020, 01:49 PM
Well LA is a big team. SA has the problem of none of our Cs (LMA, Poeltl, Eubanks) being able to play next to each other, which Metu could've alleviated. Our entire forward rotation is decimated. DDR/KJ cannot be expected to play at the 3 every game and the four guard line ups are even more putrid.

I agree with Drunkford though - while LA is a big team, trying to "play bigger" ourselves isn't necessarily going to be a winning strategy for the Spurs, Metu or no Metu. We might as well go the opposite direction, throw fast, jumpy guards at them, and hope their vets can't keep up the pace, whilst trying to minimize LBJ's impact (Keldon will be KEY for this match, IMO) and maybe accepting that AD will get his regardless, since we hardly have the bodies to stop him.

We really need a good 4, though. Keldon can't be expected to keep it up full-season, and the rest of our PFs are meh - or worse. I'd be killing for some Precious right now, tbh... :depressed

Chinook
12-30-2020, 01:55 PM

See you're considering a problem Metu doesn't address. Playing LMA/Poeltl/Eubanks together had problems, even maybe fatal ones, but it's better than playing Metu. Johnson might struggle to guard Davis, but he'd do better than Metu. I agree wholeheartedly with the idea that SA could've used a young PF. I wanted one in the draft. But that doesn't justify keeping Metu. He was awful. There are guys on the street now way better than him.

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 02:08 PM
See you're considering a problem Metu doesn't address. Playing LMA/Poeltl/Eubanks together had problems, even maybe fatal ones, but it's better than playing Metu. Johnson might struggle to guard Davis, but he'd do better than Metu. I agree wholeheartedly with the idea that SA could've used a young PF. I wanted one in the draft. But that doesn't justify keeping Metu. He was awful. There are guys on the street now way better than him.

I can play better than Metu. Sign me up, coach Pop.

Fireball
12-30-2020, 02:14 PM
Lebron James probably needs 40 points to be the all time own birthday scorer so chances of a winning are slim ... lets just be competitive as all these blowout games around the league become boring as hell

John B
12-30-2020, 02:18 PM
I think we'll see Luka and Diop tonight. I rather see what they can bring than Lyles tbh.
Too bad LP will be black out in my area, and my local LA carrier does not cover Lakers game :bang:bang

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 02:25 PM
Though I love the possibility of LMA not being on the floor tonight because he's such a defensive liability... I'm not confident any of the guys behind him (aside from Poetl) are any better either.

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 02:39 PM
https://twitter.com/N_Magaro/status/1344343153789313025?s=19

FkLA
12-30-2020, 02:55 PM
Spurs by 10

John B
12-30-2020, 03:26 PM
Though I love the possibility of LMA not being on the floor tonight because he's such a defensive liability... I'm not confident any of the guys behind him (aside from Poetl) are any better either.
Time for Luka to prove you wrong. And Diop has faced LeBron last playoffs.

RC_Drunkford
12-30-2020, 03:35 PM
Hope Aldridge plays. He usually ups his game against AD. Maybe that will get him out of his funk. Pop should definitely try KBD at the 4 to see what he can bring to the table

bluebellmaniac
12-30-2020, 04:14 PM
KBD needs to learn how to play. That's the hope for why we signed him to a 2-way.

Sammy needs his body to develop more and he needs to grow his heart by about 25%. He needs some IQ, muscle mass, and a nice outside shot.

Next year will be telling for both.

Ocotillo
12-30-2020, 04:19 PM
Hope Aldridge plays. He usually ups his game against AD. Maybe that will get him out of his funk. Pop should definitely try KBD at the 4 to see what he can bring to the table That would be nice but I recall folks saying he usually feasts on Adams as well and we saw how that turned out.

EasyMoney
12-30-2020, 05:36 PM
Lamarcus is OUT tonight

spurraider21
12-30-2020, 05:46 PM
ouch

Thomas82
12-30-2020, 05:51 PM
Hope Aldridge plays. He usually ups his game against AD. Maybe that will get him out of his funk. Pop should definitely try KBD at the 4 to see what he can bring to the table

I just got the alert on my phone that he'll be out tonight.

RD2191
12-30-2020, 05:51 PM
Lamarcus is OUT tonight
Good

CGD
12-30-2020, 05:57 PM
Serious question: should half of LeBron’s chips have asterisks next to them?

$pursDynasty
12-30-2020, 05:59 PM
I'm not too hopeful on Aldrige, I tend to agree with other posters that we might be witnessing his decline in real-time. He might have a few good games this season, but it's probably downhill from here, and we shouldn't rely on him or hope to. Here's to him proving me wrong... Agree on Luka. If he can't crack the PF rotation when his competition is a good-for-nothing Lyles, and the corpse of Rudy Gay, or an out-of-position Keldon, that'd be a problem. Not worried... Yet.

Oh, and being sub-.500 isn't really something to worry about right now. We're only 3 games in, 2-1, and about to face the defending champs two times in a row - any team can lose two games consecutively, especially these ones. Just too small a sample size.
This game since LMA is out will be a good test of the hypothesis that the Spurs are better off without him. I disagree and one of the reasons I do is teams like the Lakers size inside can utterly shatter the small ball nirvana dreams some on this board and on some Spurs podcasts wax on and on about. We will see but the West has some talented bigs and I don't see how us getting rid of the only front court player that can sniff an all star game makes sense.

Shakril
12-30-2020, 06:07 PM
This game since LMA is out will be a good test of the hypothesis that the Spurs are better off without him. I disagree and one of the reasons I do is teams like the Lakers size inside can utterly shatter the small ball nirvana dreams some on this board and on some Spurs podcasts wax on and on about. We will see but the West has some talented bigs and I don't see how us getting rid of the only front court player that can sniff an all star game makes sense.

You are wrong and right at the same time.

You are right, that you need more Bigs. But you need Bigs who can do 2 of 3 things: Shoot the 3, be Mobile and/or Defend very good.

You are wrong, cause LMA does not fulfill any of the above good enough. So the team is better without LMA, but needs to replace him.

poopbox
12-30-2020, 06:13 PM

Not really, cause it's a one game sample size...

The spurs could play great without LMA but the lakers could play better and win

The spurs could play terrible without LMA but the lakers could play worse and lose

Chinook
12-30-2020, 06:22 PM
In the "good news" category, Aldridge being out might mean Pop will start small to account for the lack of offense he'd expect LMA's injury to cause. He might also not be able to spare the size, but that excuse would more let Lyles get minutes. I think Pop is trying to throw the young guys into the fire to see how they do. I firmly believe, then, that he'll have Keldon start to guard James. If Walker is mainly for Schroeder/Kuzma, then he may come off the bench for Lyles. I don't see a Murray/DeRozan/Johnson/Lyles/Poeltl lineup being all that successful, though a Mills, Walker, Vassell, Gay, Eubanks bench might be able to do something.

Heck, maybe Gay starts instead of Walker? Rudy on Davis is an option Pop has tried before. It's not something that should be a Spurs advantage or anything, but they don't need Gay on the bench if Walker and Mills are there, and Rudy should get minutes at the five with Aldridge out. Davis isn't a guy you need to be huge to guard, so long as you understand you're not going to stop him.

PhantomDashCam
12-30-2020, 06:32 PM
For the Spurs long term success and player development, LMA missing the game is a huge win.
Let’s see how the starters go with Jakob in the lineup. He needs to stay out of foul trouble undoubtedly.
Davis may go for 40 but if the Spurs play fast, take care of the ball and hit consistently from range - they have a good chance to win.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-30-2020, 06:38 PM
In the "good news" category, Aldridge being out might mean Pop will start small to account for the lack of offense he'd expect LMA's injury to cause. He might also not be able to spare the size, but that excuse would more let Lyles get minutes. I think Pop is trying to throw the young guys into the fire to see how they do. I firmly believe, then, that he'll have Keldon start to guard James. If Walker is mainly for Schroeder/Kuzma, then he may come off the bench for Lyles. I don't see a Murray/DeRozan/Johnson/Lyles/Poeltl lineup being all that successful, though a Mills, Walker, Vassell, Gay, Eubanks bench might be able to do something.

Heck, maybe Gay starts instead of Walker? Rudy on Davis is an option Pop has tried before. It's not something that should be a Spurs advantage or anything, but they don't need Gay on the bench if Walker and Mills are there, and Rudy should get minutes at the five with Aldridge out. Davis isn't a guy you need to be huge to guard, so long as you understand you're not going to stop him.
The move I would think is just playing Jakob for like 33 min and Eubanks backing him up the remaining 15

Chinook
12-30-2020, 06:45 PM
The move I would think is just playing Jakob for like 33 min and Eubanks backing him up the remaining 15

Eh. I think that's a play for the five that he'd want to do against, say, the previous teams. But it's more like how does this change how Pop was going to approach LAL playing big. I think he was going to be tempted to play at least Lyles/Aldridge if not Aldridge/Poeltl. But he can't spare the lack of offense now and may not be willing to go Lyles/Poeltl. I think he might let Johnson play the four, but it seems like the best splitting of the difference could be to start Murray/DeRozan, Johnson, Gay, Poeltl and roll with Mills, Walker, Vassell, Lyles, Eubanks off the bench. He might even play a nine man rotation and remove Trey or Drew if Gay is doing okay as a Davis defender.

heyheymymy
12-30-2020, 06:45 PM
Would be an awesome birthday present even though its LeBron's birthday too...

Hope you have a great birthday!

RC_Drunkford
12-30-2020, 06:47 PM
I‘m not gonna lie, if LMA is out for a longer stretch and the team goes on a winning streak with Poeltl starting, he might lose his starting job to Jakob

RC_Drunkford
12-30-2020, 06:52 PM
Poeltl will have to stay out of foul trouble. Hope he has made some improvements in that area. He used to struggle guarding the top big men

Larry O
12-30-2020, 06:54 PM
Hmmm... is there a reason why LMA is out for tonight's game? I'm thinking CIA Pop is seeing what the team can do without LMA & put JP25 into the starting lineup just to tinker with the lineup, & see if maybe we can move on from LMA perhaps this season for a possible trade option(?). Oh well, GSG!!!

Shakril
12-30-2020, 07:12 PM
Poeltl will have to stay out of foul trouble. Hope he has made some improvements in that area. He used to struggle guarding the top big men

4 Fouls in 3 Games with improved minutes. At least for now there is improvment.

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 07:12 PM
Hmmm... is there a reason why LMA is out for tonight's game? I'm thinking CIA Pop is seeing what the team can do without LMA & put JP25 into the starting lineup just to tinker with the lineup, & see if maybe we can move on from LMA perhaps this season for a possible trade option(?). Oh well, GSG!!!

Knee issues

RD2191
12-30-2020, 07:14 PM
vag issues
fify

Joseph Kony
12-30-2020, 07:16 PM

Joseph Kony
12-30-2020, 07:16 PM
how did this guy hurt his knee already? :lol he's barely done anything but stand on the perimeter

lefty20
12-30-2020, 07:19 PM
how did this guy hurt his knee already? :lol he's barely done anything but stand on the perimeter

Laying bricks is hard work m8, tbh.

RD2191
12-30-2020, 07:21 PM
Laying bricks is hard work m8, tbh.
:lol

JuneJive
12-30-2020, 07:26 PM
Ugh. Means plenty of Lyles.

Chomag
12-30-2020, 07:27 PM
How does one get injured just walking around on the court?

rankingtear
12-30-2020, 07:29 PM

A lot of people here convinced Forbes/Beli tanks our defense. LA is a good defender if he doesn't cover for Forbes/Beli. Myth busted.

heyheymymy
12-30-2020, 07:46 PM
Shit teach this team to win games without LMA. He might be a renewed value if he is unburdened and can operate as a bonus. Looking back LMA was never going to ring as a main piece.

itzsoweezee
12-30-2020, 07:47 PM

He came into the season overweight. Not surprising at all.

Mugen
12-30-2020, 08:12 PM
Should be an interesting game, especially with LA out. Hopefully the young guys play loose tbh.

BillMc
12-30-2020, 08:25 PM
Man had a fever all day. Nausea. Hope its nothing.

RD2191
12-30-2020, 08:29 PM
Gawd dammit Bill. Don't be scaring us man. Sending good vibes your way.

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 08:31 PM

Hope you feel better soon my dude.

BillMc
12-30-2020, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=RD2191;10384769]Gawd dammit Bill. Don't be scaring us man. Sending good vibes your way.[/QUOTE
Cheers bro. :toast

I'm still up at 3:30 AM to watch my spurs. So, you know health vs spurs, we always go with SA>

Mugen
12-30-2020, 08:33 PM

Hopefully Dr. ducks can provide a diagnosis.

GWS, my man!

Dejounte
Will be interesting to see if Devin is starstruck by LeBron. He's mentioned him as his favorite player.

BillMc
Hope you feel better soon my dude.

Thanks bro. It's a little scary but I am feeling a little better now. We'll see if it lasts.

BillMc
12-30-2020, 08:34 PM
Hopefully Dr. ducks (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13) can provide a diagnosis.

GWS, my man!
:lol In ducks we trust.

Bojo
12-30-2020, 08:35 PM

Damn Bill, don't do us like that. Hope it's nothing serious and you feel better soon. Enjoy the game bro!

Dex

Maybe that explains why he looks like he was 60 years old out there?

Ron Swanson

BillMc
12-30-2020, 08:36 PM
Damn Bill, don't do us like that. Hope it's nothing serious and you feel better soon. Enjoy the game bro!

Thanks my friend. I will.

Mugen
12-30-2020, 08:36 PM
Maybe that explains why he looks like he was 60 years old out there?

It might be the 20 extra lbs tbh :lol

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 08:37 PM
FTL let's go Spurs, beat LeBrown Jones real good tonite

Ron Swanson
12-30-2020, 08:41 PM
Damn, Keldon.

Uriel
12-30-2020, 08:42 PM
Keldon Johnson guarding Anthony Davis? *gulp*

Dejounte
Keldon always starting the game off with a bang

r0drig0lac
KJ!!

Dejounte
Keldon Johnson guarding Anthony Davis? *gulp*

It is was just that first play

Chinook
12-30-2020, 08:43 PM
Nice energy. LAL not really trying to size SA up at all yet.

r0drig0lac
12-30-2020, 08:45 PM
point forward keldon johnson

Chinook
12-30-2020, 08:46 PM
Ah, and there's the size.

Uriel
The talent disparity is glaring.

phxspurfan
Pop micro lineup getting owned

Dejounte
Lakers got back up but I like the fight so far

phxspurfan
Lakers gonna go inside out all game they dont want to run with the young guys

Trill Clinton
Yup time for some length to come in the game

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 08:47 PM
Spurs are way too small to guard this team effectively.

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 08:47 PM
https://twitter.com/TheTyJager/status/1344459816111017984?s=09

r0drig0lac
12-30-2020, 08:48 PM
Pop micro lineup getting owned

it could be worse, in the not too distant past, we had bryn fucking forbes as starter

BillMc
Keldon getting to the rim at will.

Uriel
This is why Luka Samanic's development is critical. He's the piece that would ideally allow us to match up in these situations.

Ron Swanson
12-30-2020, 08:49 PM
Lakers can have their championships. We have mascot of the year!

Chinook
12-30-2020, 08:49 PM

They have to swarm better. I think they look better on that end than they could've.

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 08:50 PM

Nope, we're doing fine

Uriel
12-30-2020, 08:50 PM
Poeltl shedding the soft label :lol

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 08:51 PM
it could be worse, in the not too distant past, we had bryn fucking forbes as starter

thanks be to God hes gone

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 08:51 PM
LeBron too fast for KJ that time or caught him out of position

Chinook
12-30-2020, 08:52 PM
Aaand Gasol is back to not doing anything.

Uriel
Hmm. Eubanks. Wow.

Dejounte
Eubanks in

r0drig0lac
12-30-2020, 08:53 PM
pnr all day with jakob like manu/splitter connection

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 08:53 PM
Mills 30' away from his defensive assignment

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 08:54 PM
We're hanging in there so far with the defending champs

phxspurfan
I want LeBron to run around all night after DeRozan. Might tire him out.

RD2191
:downspin:

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 08:55 PM
Patty playing no defense at all

r0drig0lac
cmon drew

phxspurfan
Schroder going to abuse Coachs Pet Mills tonite

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 08:56 PM
Nope, we're doing fine

:lol as the Lakers are parading to the rim

Leetonidas
12-30-2020, 08:56 PM
Jakob in foul trouble really hurts

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 08:57 PM
:lol as the Lakers are parading to the rim

We're hurting them too.

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 08:58 PM
They have to swarm better. I think they look better on that end than they could've.

Agreed, Pop is content right now to let Davis operate from the post. He might not be good at posting up but he isn't bothered by the Spurs' D at all.

Robz4000
We're hurting them too.

We're also turning it over to let them get out on the break.

Dejounte
I don't like this line-up we have out there right now... Probably gonna give them a big lead from this point forth

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 08:59 PM
Gay/Eubanks/Mills/DeRozan/Vassell. Thats a new combo...

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 09:02 PM
keep shootin that Drew thats ur shot

Robz4000
Wes Mathews, another Spur killer

RD2191
:lolSpurms, garbage ass team.

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 09:03 PM
zero plays run in this lineup. Zero set plays.

Uriel
12-30-2020, 09:03 PM
Things went downhill ever since Poeltl went to the bench.

objective
12-30-2020, 09:04 PM
Eubanks proving he's a minimum player, unfortunately.

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 09:05 PM

Things were going downhill with him in honestly. Even with Forms and Beli gone this team still can't play defense.

mystargtr34
Eubanks proving he's a minimum player, unfortunately.

:lol did you need additional evidence?

Dejounte
Being down 7 against the defending champs without White is an accomplishment

SpurPadre
keep shootin that Drew thats ur shot

His G-League, undrafted ass has no business taking 4 shots in one quarter. He's a scrub.

Collins21
12-30-2020, 09:06 PM

Maybe if he could play D without fouling that wouldn't happen.

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 09:06 PM
Being down 7 against the defending champs without White is an accomplishment

We could really use White to guard Schroder tbh

Mugen
12-30-2020, 09:07 PM
The D is just garbage whenever Jakob is off the floor. When he's on the court, the D is only bad :lol

SpurPadre
12-30-2020, 09:07 PM
Not a bad start considering we have no LMA or White.

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 09:08 PM
dat legendary Vassell help d

Shakril
12-30-2020, 09:09 PM
Maybe if he could play D without fouling that wouldn't happen.

He has to sit sometimes anyway, so it would happen regardless. Spurs dont have a 2nd Rim Protector and/or someone to Anchor the defense.

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 09:09 PM
Finally Eubanks becoming useful

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 09:10 PM
Murray!!!

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 09:10 PM
:lol this transition D

Fusternino
12-30-2020, 09:11 PM
Yeah Lyles or KBD needs to get some run.

BillMc
What did Devin do to be benched?

Dejounte
https://twitter.com/TheTyJager/status/1344465743329566722?s=19

SpurPadre
12-30-2020, 09:12 PM
I'm expecting a great night for Murray as he always gets motivated against LeBron.

widowmaker
You can see lebron didnt want to block murry and Murray didn’t want to block lebron on those last layups

Dejounte
Derrick White mentoring KJ

r0drig0lac
:lol this transition D

so bad..

SpurPadre
12-30-2020, 09:13 PM
What did Devin do to be benched?

The same "not over yourself" rook treatment from Pop.

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 09:13 PM
wow, the players all have their own personal coolers on the bench

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 09:14 PM
You can see lebron didnt want to block murry and Murray didn’t want to block lebron on those last layups

yup, saw that. Rich Paul bros

Sugus
Solid game so far, tbh, much better outing than I was expecting without White against the defending champions. Just gotta hang in there these next quarters, then try and make a run in the fourth. Easier said than done.... Also, the team with and without Poeltl on the court is a stark difference. What a complimentary player for all our guards. We'll probably make a run when Drewbanks subs out...

Dejounte
Keldon gets no calls for him whatsoever

RD2191
12-30-2020, 09:15 PM
brick after brick smh

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 09:16 PM
Spurs shooting like dogshit

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 09:16 PM
:lmao Poeltl

Raven
12-30-2020, 09:17 PM
i want a video entitled "Lebron James gets DESTROYED by old nemesis David Eubanks"

phxspurfan
8 on 5 LakerRef

Shakril
That was not a foul.

Sugus
12-30-2020, 09:18 PM
Keldon gets absolutely mouled on one end, no call. Bitchrez Harrell gets touched on the other, call. Fuck this modern NBA bullshit.

offset formation
12-30-2020, 09:18 PM
Jakob. Like clockwork. 6.5 minutes of gametime. 3 fouls.

duncan2k5
12-30-2020, 09:19 PM
Jacob arms looking thin... Dude needs to lift

Dejounte
Lonnie time!!

phxspurfan
Aggressive Lonnie is good Lonnie

Shakril
12-30-2020, 09:20 PM
Jakob. Like clockwork. 6.5 minutes of gametime. 3 fouls.

A the hater is back. Jakob had 4 fouls in 3 games. The 3rd foul just now was a false call.

Dejounte
He's got to drive like that more often

td4mvp2k
this team not that good without davis

PhantomDashCam
Trez is terrible defensively.

TimDunkem
Yukob and Ewwbanks is an elite center duo

Sugus
12-30-2020, 09:21 PM
That's the Lonnie this team needs. We're a year away still, tbh.

Uriel
The ref iced him.

Robz4000
:wow DeRozan

Uriel
12-30-2020, 09:22 PM
Holy shit :lol

offset formation
A the hater is back. Jakob had 4 fouls in 3 games. The 3rd foul just now was a false call.

He has proved his tendency to foul, not only in the bubble but in many games last year, and everytime he gets a start.

Try not being a homer it's not a good look.

phxspurfan
LOL these refs

Dejounte
Superstar call. Fuck LeBron

Raven
HOLY FUCK

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 09:23 PM
KJ doing as well as anyone can guarding LeBron... KJ isn't being abused when matched up

Chomag
12-30-2020, 09:23 PM
Spurs getting Lakerrefed

paperboy77
12-30-2020, 09:24 PM
Laker ref in full effect

phxspurfan
Lakers really dont want none of that fast break smoke. Quick timeout

Chomag
These refs aren't even trying to hide that they are playing for the Lakers lol

Dejounte
LOVE IT. WE ARE COMPETING BOYS

Shakril
12-30-2020, 09:25 PM
He has proved his tendency to foul, not only in the bubble but in many games last year, and everytime he gets a start.

Try not being a homer it's not a good look.

You are just proofing that you dont watch the games. Many of the calls against Poeltl are garbage. It was before the Bubble, during it, and now with the game today you see it again.

Its not a good Look, beeing a stubborn hater. But i will block you from now on. You are just here to spread your hate.

Dejounte
We'd be down 20 if LMA was playing

td4mvp2k
three youngsters playing together

Sugus
The ref iced him.

I was thinking the exact same thing!! Fucking Lakerrefs, man, insufferable...

Mal
I like how youngins are playing - ball sharing, hustling.

kjhip1
12-30-2020, 09:26 PM
Young guns make this team so fun to watch. keeping it competitive.

r0drig0lac
the result is what matters least, this team without Marco and Forbes is fun af

Dejounte
League pass allowing me to hear sounds from the huddle lmfao. They keep cursing over and over

Mugen
I like Lonnie's aggression tonight (and to start the season so far tbh).

That sequence by 'trez :lol

YoungbuckMurray
12-30-2020, 09:27 PM
How does keldon consistently get to the rim, take contact, and never get a whistle. Someone breathes on Lebron and it’s 2 shots

Mugen
0mins for Lyles thus far, I don't care if they lose by 30, that's an A+ for the old man :lol

duncan2k5
Nice pass by murray... Even tho he is missing his shots, him being aggressive offensively causes the defense to play him for the shot, so easy passing lanes open up

The Truth #6
Great to see the young ones growing up in real time. Hell no, I’m not gutting the team for that ball-stopping turd Harden.

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 09:28 PM
:lol Pop taking the night off

Uriel
Oh wow.

Dejounte
We needed that tech from Pop

td4mvp2k
luv it

Dejounte
This game would be alot closer if it werent for these damn refs

phxspurfan
league really has it in for the Spurs tbh. Massive massive LakerRef going on

paperboy77
12-30-2020, 09:29 PM
Always been the Spurs issue when the Big 3 were no longer... they give way too much respect to the Lakers. I'm really glad to see Drew have a quick self assessment, realize he's being sissified by Montrez and decided to not be a pussy.

Good Pop has been kicked out. Maybe one of the coaches grows some.

r0drig0lac
refs...

Sugus
Disgusting reffing tonight. I don't want anyone crying about any L's against the Fakers. There's a clear agenda here and Silver is a spineless motherfucker for allowing it.

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 09:30 PM
Eubanks was awful when he was first subbed in but maybe it was jitters

Hes doing good now

Chomag
These refs....like I said they aren't even trying to hide that they are playing for the Lakers, the NBA league is so sad

duncan2k5
DeRozan flopped and caused an easy fast break... Smh

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 09:31 PM
Eubanks defense on Kuzma!!!!

offset formation
12-30-2020, 09:31 PM
Eubanks playing some great minutes. Forced into the big minutes because Jakob is always in foul trouble.

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 09:32 PM
Oh man... Lonnie has a least one embarrassing play each game

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 09:32 PM
Refs have been shit but the Spurs can't defend or finish at the rim to save their lives.

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 09:33 PM
Refs have been shit but the Spurs can't defend or finish at the rim to save their lives.

What were your expectations? For us to be blowing out this team? I don't understand you...

phxspurfan
12-30-2020, 09:34 PM
Lakers playing sloppy af. With their massive assistance and Spurs shooting like shit they should be up 20

Chomag
I'm not sure how much more I cann watch this rigged shit...I want to see your young guys play but I just don't know how much more I can stomach these Refs

Dejounte
Right when I was saying good things about Eubanks...

Robz4000
12-30-2020, 09:35 PM
:lmao holy shit

PhantomDashCam
Wanna know why you hold the ball for one possession instead of going early like Mills did?

Barfunk
I'm not sure how much more I cann watch this rigged shit...I want to see your young guys play but I just don't know how much more I can stomach these Refs

Yeah, somebody needs to beat Adam Silver's ass

Sugus
That lemamma call :lmao :lmao :lmao

tbdog

One of the most one sided I have seen for sometime.

RD2191
:lolspurms :lmao

Uriel
12-30-2020, 09:36 PM
Wow. 5 point possession for LA. Reminds me of something that happened in the previous game.

Robz4000
What were your expectations? For us to be blowing out this team? I don't understand you...

This is going about how I expected. Lakers playing at like 60% and beating the Spurs.

td4mvp2k
team finished quarter like ****

Dejounte
12-30-2020, 09:37 PM
This is going about how I expected. Lakers playing at like 60% and beating the Spurs.

Playing 60% lol. I see you aren't being serious with those lens you have on. Carry on...

Chomag
12-30-2020, 09:37 PM
Well could be better but playing 5 o 8 and only down 10 ain't the worst

crc21209
12-30-2020, 09:38 PM
Spurs are playing their asses off regardless of the result, kinda hard when they’re playing the Lakers AND the damn refs.

Dejounte
Maybe we'll see Luka or KBD tonight.

Chinook
Um, that ball did not hit the rim, hit Davis, land in Marc's hands and then leave in one second. Horrible reffing.

objective
random note, but Keldon has issues on defense knowing who to guard in transition. I don't know what he was doing on that one play where Dejounte didn't know what Keldon was doing either.

Gibbz
The officiating in this league is fucking unwatchable.

Sugus
Disgusting shit. Sad that this is the product the NBA chooses to pump out to its fans. I truly hope they lose every single one of their paying customers... I ain't paying a dime for this bullshit. Fuck you Silver.