PDA

View Full Version : Who Has The Best Bench Team?

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 09:33 AM
The Pistons?

Dale Davis at C
Darko Milicic at PF
Antonio Mcdyess at SF
Maurice Evans at SG
Carlos Arroyo at PG

Pretty tough second Bench Team, I think they could beat some of the weaker Starting Five teams.

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 11:40 AM
:lol an nba analyst said the other day, he worries about the Pistons' bench they have no depth what so ever

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Antonio Mcdyess is solid, all of the rest are iffy.

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Antonio Mcdyess is solid, all of the rest are iffy.
Maurice Evans is also solid as is Dale Davis, the other 3, Darko, Delfino and Arroyo all have the potential to be solid but have to prove themselves over the course of the season in order to remove the iffy label.

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Dale Davis isn't solid. Maurice Evans isn't proven yet, he is getting better though.

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
i reckon the word potential is used wrong, in this case darko, delfino, evans havnt done shit in the regular season, presseason they look good made themselves look like studs, now they are just playin scrub minutes in blowout games which proves nothing.

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 12:39 PM
i reckon the word potential is used wrong, in this case darko, delfino, evans havnt done shit in the regular season, presseason they look good made themselves look like studs, now they are just playin scrub minutes in blowout games which proves nothing.

Maurice is playing 20 minutes a game while averaging 10 points on 54% shooting and 3 rbds, 3 pt fg% is .625.

There's nothing scrub about his game or playing time.

JMarkJohns
11-10-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm in shock...

It's gotta be the Spurs with NVE, Barry, Finley, Horry and Oberto (or Nazr).

NuGGeTs-FaN
11-10-2005, 02:23 PM
there are a few teams this season who all have very solid benches. Phoenix is an example of a team who went from a not so good bench to the point now where they are switching lineups coz all their players are playing solid and contributing

Pistons have of course got a better bench this season and one that is actually being used with great success.

Spurs have a great bench but it seems there are a couple of injury concerns there. Are Finley and Barry out for long or is it just a day to day thing?

and i dont want to 4get my Nuggets :spin The bench contributed in a huge way last night against the Kings,

Najera - 15pts and 9 boards
Boykins - 15pts and 3 assists
Dermarr Johnson - 6pts, 5assists, 1 steal, he bothred peja more than anyone else when he was on him
Buck - played great D

didnt even use Frankie (Fransisco Elson or Watson (again, not sure why))

anyway i think alot more NBA teams have solid benches this year, the list goes on and on

ChumpDumper
11-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Dice ain't no 3.

Spurs košarka kultura
11-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Najera - 15pts and 9 boards

Got to hand it to you Najera did look damn good last night on both ends.

JamStone
11-10-2005, 02:46 PM
It's very early yet, but Mo Evans is giving the Pistons precisely what they were looking for, a 2/3 who could rest Rip and Tayshaun and give some production from the bench. I do believe the Spurs have the best bench in the league, but just because the Pistons' bench is unproven, doesn't mean it isn't good or won't be better.

Maurice Evans
19.8 minutes per game
9.3 ppg
3.0 rpg
.538 FG%
.625 3-PT%

Michael Finley
26.8 mpg
7.3 ppg
4.0 rpg
.333 FG%
.333 3-PT%

=======

Carlos Arroyo
15.5 mpg
5.3 ppg
4.8 apg
.350 FG%

Nick Van Exel
17.2 mpg
7.2 ppg
2.2 apg
.444 FG%

Pistons fans are happy about the contributions Evans and Arroyo have been giving the team. And, their minutes and production have not been only garbage minutes. Evans is the first swingman off the bench. And Arroyo is the only and primary back-up ponit guard.

ALVAREZ6
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Spurs.

Nick Van Exel
Brent Barry
Michael Finley
Robert Horry/Fabricio Oberto
Rasho Nesterovic/Nazr Mohammed (whichever doesn't start most of the season.)

mavsfan1000
11-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Mavs have the best bench
PG Harris
SG Daniels
SF Stackhouse
PF Van Horn
C Diop.
1st reserve D. Armstrong
2nd reserve D.J. Mbenga.

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Dice ain't no 3.

he ain't? :lol

Supreme Allah
11-10-2005, 06:34 PM
The bucks have an amazing bench

C - Gadzuric
PF - Joe Smith
SF - Jeri Welsch
SG - Charlie Bell
PG - Mo Williams

ChumpDumper
11-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Someone just pimped Mbenga.

JamStone
11-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Someone also pimped Charlie Bell and Jiri Welsch.

sickdsm
11-10-2005, 07:13 PM
:lol an nba analyst said the other day, he worries about the Pistons' bench they have no depth what so ever

First thought when i read that post too.

:lol

JamStone
11-10-2005, 08:19 PM
San Antonio, Dallas, Indiana, and Miami (talent wise) probably have the best depth.

I don't think the Pistons are too far behind. They're definitely NOT as deep as the aforementioned, but they're all right, especially considering all of Detroit's starters are 30-35 mpg type players. Spurs have Bowen and Rasho, Dallas has Christie and Dampier, Indiana has Foster, Miami has Williams and Posey, all of whom won't play true starter minutes.

ChumpDumper
11-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Spurs have Bowen and Rasho, Dallas has Christie and Dampier, Indiana has Foster, Miami has Williams and Posey, all of whom won't play true starter minutes.Bruce shouldn't be on that list.

Supreme Allah
11-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Someone also pimped Charlie Bell and Jiri Welsch.

If you watched any bucks games you would know how well those two are playing, especially Charlie Bell who has been HUGE

jochhejaam
11-10-2005, 09:16 PM
If you watched any bucks games you would know how well those two are playing, especially Charlie Bell who has been HUGE
Bell's averaging 4 points in 12 minutes while shooting 39% from the field...that's huge?

Supreme Allah
11-10-2005, 09:24 PM
^^
Stats do NOT mean anything when it comes to Charlie Bell. The guy makes huge plays in the clutch.

BillsCarnage
11-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Yer gonna laugh, but the Suns have a good dog gone bench this year. The squad of House, Diaw, Bobo, Marion and whoever really plays amazing together. They're the ones that have built the huge leads in the 4th quarters only to have the starters(bell, nash, jones) come in an give it up.

JamStone
11-11-2005, 01:49 AM

I know both Bell and Welsch. Bell went to Michigan State, so a lot of Pistons fans are familiar with him. He's still a 6-foot-3 combo guard who's not big enough to consistenly play the 2-guard and not quick enough to play the point. He plays tough defense, but hustle doesn't mean he's good. He's a step slow for a guard. He has a nice jumper, but he'll be exposed in this league. When elite teams have Michael Finley, Jerry Stackhouse, Marquis Daniels, James Jones, even Gary Payton among others as their primary back-up guards, you see why I am not impressed by Charlie Bell.

Jiri Welsch was traded on draft day from Philly to Golden State. In less than three years, he's been on SIX different NBA teams. He's a European, swingman Tony Massenburg. Good enough to be a player in this league, good enough to be worth something for trade value, not good enough to be even a role player, and will fade off in the distance even if he lasts for a few years in the league.

JamStone
11-11-2005, 02:55 AM
Bruce shouldn't be on that list.

Why not?

Now that the Spurs have Finley and once Manu is healthier, I don't see Bruce averaging more than 24 minutes a game. That's my only point in the list of those starters who won't get "starter" minutes. I'm not saying anything about their contribution or value.

My point is that on the Detroit Pistons, all of the starting five will average over 30 minutes a game, most of them closer to 35 mpg. As such, the Pistons bench is not asked to contribute as much as other benches. If you think Bruce Bowen will get 34 minutes a game this year, then sure, he shouldn't be on the list. But, I don't think he'll get starter minutes. And, I even recall Pop saying he wanted to limit Bruce's minutes more.