PDA

View Full Version : Spurs next 4 games are hard.

daslicer
12-31-2020, 01:06 PM
In this order the Spurs will play Lakers,Jazz,Clippers,Lakers. Spurs could potentially lose all 4 games. I looked at the schedule and in terms of difficulty it looks a lot better once this ugly stretch ends.

Ice009
12-31-2020, 01:27 PM
How many of those games are at home? Hopefully these young guys can win a couple of these games. That would be a huge boost to their confidence.

daslicer
12-31-2020, 01:32 PM
How many of those games are at home? Hopefully these young guys can win a couple of these games. That would be a huge boost to their confidence.

The next 2 games are at home with Lakers-Jazz and then the 2 games that follow Clippers-Lakers are on the road.

Ice009
12-31-2020, 01:38 PM
That makes sense. Darn, hopefully they win 2 of them, but that is looking hard to even just win a couple of them. I'd be happy with 2 out of 4 (man, that feels weird to say, as I never would have said something like that during the Duncan era).

John B
12-31-2020, 01:40 PM
I don't think the home game matters most without the fans or limited capacity. I surely hope White can help in those games.

daslicer
12-31-2020, 01:43 PM
I don't think the home game matters most without the fans or limited capacity. I surely hope White can help in those games.

Agreed and especially in these 2 road games in California since no fans are allowed.

Sugus
12-31-2020, 02:38 PM
The next 2 games are at home with Lakers-Jazz and then the 2 games that follow Clippers-Lakers are on the road.

I think both games against the Lakers are Ls, though I hope to be proven wrong, based on yesterday's game. A lot of things the Spurs could do better, sure, but it still won't be enough to offset both the huge talent disparity on the rosters, and the ref favoring the Lakers during the games. It'd be downright miraculous to win against them as this team is (I'm not expecting White to be back for either game).

The Jazz are a different story, I'm not scared of them, I think it's the most winnable of the 4 games. Jakob vs Poeltl will be funny to see, and Mitchell can be matched up against one of our many defensive minded guards. We can pull it off. The Clippers are a very weird team right now... Hard to predict. If they play like they did against the Mavs, we'll sleepwalk to a W. But they won't, and I predict a down-to-the-wire game. The Spurs should be fired up playing against Nephew (will he be back by then? I guess yes but haven't heard anything on it) too.

cd98
12-31-2020, 03:05 PM
Maybe the Lakers will party hard in San Antonio during New Year's Eve and then lose Friday's game.

tim_duncan_fan
12-31-2020, 03:42 PM
The thing that will make these games hard is the team's lack of aggression and boring timidity.

Every person on the floor needs to be quicker about either attacking or moving the ball to make the defense move but...they're slow and constantly overthink.

RC_Drunkford
12-31-2020, 03:52 PM
Good, this stretch will show them all the flaws this team has and they can work on fixing them. I really hope they will carve out 1-2 wins during this stretch but it will highly rely on White returning and LMA finding his groove

Dejounte
12-31-2020, 04:15 PM
KELDON VS KAWHI IS THE MATCH-UP OF THE CENTURY

SpursDynasty85
12-31-2020, 04:27 PM

it matters a good amount still. Sleeping in your own bed with limited travel and having your full practice and rehab facility has to be a big advantage as well. Some like playing in hostile crowds.

John B
12-31-2020, 07:02 PM
KELDON VS KAWHI IS THE MATCH-UP OF THE CENTURY
Yup I’ll be looking forward to that

Dejounte
12-31-2020, 07:07 PM
Yup I’ll be looking forward to thathttps://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1344774680285224966?s=19

widowmaker
12-31-2020, 08:02 PM
In this order the Spurs will play Lakers,Jazz,Clippers,Lakers. Spurs could potentially lose all 4 games. I looked at the schedule and in terms of difficulty it looks a lot better once this ugly stretch ends.

Thats good, builds character. Question, if you were an NBA player would you be scared of that schedule?

daslicer
12-31-2020, 08:49 PM
Thats good, builds character. Question, if you were an NBA player would you be scared of that schedule?

I wouldn't be scared. It's not about being scared it's about not being good enough talent wise to match up with these 4 teams. Spur weren't scared last night against the Lakers judging by how they attacked the rim and all the turnovers they forced but they still lost the game due to talent gap. Any win against these 4 teams would be an upset.

Dhbsr555
01-01-2021, 03:37 AM
Kawhi probably won’t play the lay back to back and the 2nd one is nationally televised

widowmaker
01-01-2021, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't be scared. It's not about being scared it's about not being good enough talent wise to match up with these 4 teams. Spur weren't scared last night against the Lakers judging by how they attacked the rim and all the turnovers they forced but they still lost the game due to talent gap. Any win against these 4 teams would be an upset.

There you go, you only get better when you play better competition. Its been happening for thousands of years.

poopbox
01-01-2021, 10:56 AM

No fans so why does it matter ?

Rummpd
01-01-2021, 12:04 PM
Spurs a bad and horribly constructed team with a terrible FO last 3 years and a HOF coach who acts over the hill. Expect lots of losing.

Dejounte
01-01-2021, 12:18 PM
Spurs a bad and horribly constructed team with a terrible FO last 3 years and a HOF coach who acts over the hill. Expect lots of losing.

Thanks bot.

Rummpd
01-01-2021, 02:47 PM
Thanks bot.

Your always positive- I have been a Spurs fan for decades and it is unconscionable that this FO did not unload DDR or LA by now or at least make active attempts; and meanwhile though the young players have some talent; it is way past time to step up individually and collectively, and not be erratic-I am rooting they do but not optimistic.

John B
01-01-2021, 03:09 PM
Your always positive- I have been a Spurs fan for decades and it is unconscionable that this FO did not unload DDR or LA by now or at least make active attempts; and meanwhile though the young players have some talent; it is way past time to step up individually and collectively, and not be erratic-I am rooting they do but not optimistic.
Imo the FO did a great job despite the Kawhi mutiny. I mean last year was forgetable, but we fielded Vassell who fills the need and could be the best 3 and D of the draft. I would’ve liked if we got Wiseman and unloaded LMA, but Thompson’s injury didn’t help Dub decide to win-now. Demar showed in the bubble that he’s helping our young guns transition, which is very important to their growth. Many might disagree, but Demar has been a steady anchor, putting in the best all-around stats of his career. By the end of the day, Spurs have replaced our old roster with exciting high ceiling young players, and waiting on 4 expiring contracts, enough to sign a John Collins or whoever FA brings next season. Now ask if any team has done that after losing their franchise player in a very short period of time.

Dejounte
01-01-2021, 03:20 PM

I'm not always positive.

You'll see my negative posts around here if you look hard enough.

I have reached a certain sweet spot in my fandom for the Spurs - realizing my complaining will not change my team's ways + finding peace and joy in hope for the future.

So why continue to complain when it affects no one but myself?

Instead of constantly fighting it, you can choose to make peace with it.

You're not in complete submission when you make peace with it. First, you ask yourself why you like the team in the first place?

I love the Spurs because 1. they are a classy organization from top to bottom, 2. Players they draft are usually likable and are good ambassadors for the team + city, 3. they're usually the first in doing progressive things (beautiful game, Hammon as a coach, international scouting)

So when you remember why you're here in the first place, it helps you enjoy your team much more.

Now, if you don't know why you like this team at all anymore and you have no connections to it whatsoever but still like NBA basketball... maybe it's time to look for another team?

John B
01-01-2021, 03:32 PM
I'm not always positive.

I have reached a certain sweet spot in my fandom for the Spurs - realizing my complaining will not change my team's ways + finding peace and joy in hope for the future.

You're not in complete submission when you make peace with it. First, you ask yourself why you like the team in the first place?

I love the Spurs because 1. they are a classy organization from top to bottom, 2. Players they draft are usually likable and are good ambassadors for the team + city, 3. they're usually the first in doing progressive things (beautiful game, Hammon as a coach, international scouting)

So when you remember why you're here in the first place, it helps you enjoy your team much more.

Now, if you don't know why you like this team at all anymore and you have no connections to it whatsoever but still like NBA basketball... maybe it's time to look for another team?
Agree of the reasons, PLUS my disdain for wealthy teams buying talents. It’s not their fault that they have the money, but they make other small market be a pasture for great talent waiting to scoop them. That’s why I commend Giannis for re-signing with Bucks and believing with their FO. He can demand trade if in 2 years they haven’t got enough to win a ring. Getting back, I like the Spurs shoving it to these big teams’ faces that you can win championships with diligence, great coaching, scouting, and just doing your homework.

Dejounte
01-01-2021, 03:37 PM
Agree of the reasons, PLUS my disdain for wealthy teams buying talents. It’s not their fault that they have the money, but they make other small market be a pasture for great talent waiting to scoop them. That’s why I commend Giannis for re-signing with Bucks and believing with their FO. He can demand trade if in 2 years they haven’t got enough to win a ring. Getting back, I like the Spurs shoving it to these big teams’ faces that you can win championships with diligence, great coaching, scouting, and just doing your homework.

Honestly, being a fan of the Spurs for a long time has helped me professionally and personally. I'm thankful for the Spurs for teaching me how to deal with co-workers, knowing what good management is and what bad management is, being socially responsible, etc.

John B
01-01-2021, 03:48 PM
Honestly, being a fan of the Spurs for a long time has helped me professionally and personally. I'm thankful for the Spurs for teaching me how to deal with co-workers, knowing what good management is and what bad management is, being socially responsible, etc.
Lol I’ve used the Spurs on my sales pep talks. Not everybody needs to be a great shooter, or great rebounder. But if you can box out or give the guy a great screen, then he can take a great shot or get the rebound. It’s great teamwork man. Of course living in LA with Lakers fans co-workers makes it harder, but they get mostly what I mean :lol

Rummpd
01-01-2021, 04:40 PM
I'm not always positive.

Fair post but have been a Spurs fan decades and not abandoning them despite how woeful is their leadership right now

Obi Juan Kenobi
01-01-2021, 06:13 PM
The Spurs have been a well-run organization for a long time. Sure they've made mistakes and have run into some bad luck, but what organization (or even us as human beings) hasn't had to face adversity at some point. Its how we respond to that adversity that makes us better and hopefully we learn from our setbacks and move forward as better people than we were before.