PDA

View Full Version : Mobile bigs- who’s available

gospursgojas
01-02-2021, 01:07 AM
Seems like this is the missing link to being a legit contender again.

At this point I’d take anyone over the flat-footed standing in cement LaMarcus Aldridge or Poetl.

Fuck it. Give me Dedmon, Wiz Thomas Bryant, Celtics Robert Williams. Mo Bamba?

Dejounte
01-02-2021, 01:09 AM
Money's locked in for Eubanks and Poetl. Unless we 1) go for a combo 4/5 or 2) trade one of those two... I don't see us simply going after one.

Dejounte
01-02-2021, 01:11 AM
Mobile bigs should be easy to come by now. It's why a lot of bigs in the draft fall to late 1st round or 2nd round.

gospursgojas
01-02-2021, 01:17 AM
Anyone who can do something as simple as help on PnR and recover to their man. It’s an open 3 or open layup each time the other team runs RnR.

Fusternino
01-02-2021, 01:17 AM
Overpay for Mitchell Robinson?

gospursgojas
01-02-2021, 01:24 AM
Precious was still on board when we drafted.

/js

XDT76
01-02-2021, 01:41 AM
It was disappointing that we do not have cap space to pursue Woods this past Season. Maybe we can go after Giles if he recovers well.

R. DeMurre
01-02-2021, 01:54 AM
Free agents at the end of this year: Richaun Holmes, Harry Giles, Khem Birch, Isaiah Hartenstein. Guys who might be available/ in last year of contract: Robert Williams lll, Larry Nance Jr, Chris Boucher, Mo Bamba, Tony Bradley.

I'm actually having fun watching these guys to see if one shows signs of having a break out year.

talkspurs
01-02-2021, 02:55 AM
Harry Giles, Isaiah Hartenstein, Mo Bamba are the 3 I really like. I was not big on the Potel extension but still hopes he improves and should be movable. These 3 would all be flyers but have seen enough to believe they are worth the shot. I think Bamba might be able to be had for something cheap. If we can get any of them on a longer cheap deal I think they would be good signing.

poopbox
01-02-2021, 03:17 AM
Should really target one in free agency and NOT during the season for trade cause we should NOT be trading a pick or young player to get a mobile big who can at least score in the flow of an offense...

Luckily for us literally anybody over 6 "9" would be better than LMA and Poeltl are right now. Not going to count Ewbanks, he is 3rd string for a reason...

Technically this shouldn't even be a thread cause we already have the prototype of the player we want in this role in Luka but it seems he is not ready yet to play professional basketball in the nba which is a little bit concerning when talking about a second year 1st round pick on a team who really needs someone that has the exact skillset he is supposed to have

John B
01-02-2021, 04:11 AM
I don’t get Pop when he put his mind to putting a player in the doghouse. We could’ve use any of Luka, Diop and Lyles.

John B
01-02-2021, 04:28 AM
I heard Pau Gasol is trying to make a come back??

J_Paco
01-02-2021, 04:47 AM
I don’t get Pop when he put his mind to putting a player in the doghouse. We could’ve use any of Luka, Diop and Lyles.

One poor, truncated preseason while not playing in the NBA bubble, and Lyles has lost his spot in the rotation. Seems like everyone on ST hated him last year, so it might not be much of a loss in everyone's eyes here.

I still like his ability to stretch the floor and rebound, but more in a complimentary, off the bench role than as a starter. That clearly can't happen with DeRozan playing up at starting PF & Gay logging the backup minutes.

The team will need an infusion of talent up front at some point but I wouldn't trade any assets at this point to acquire it.

Rummpd
01-02-2021, 07:00 AM
Signing Poetl at this excessive salary for what he has shown looks even worse day by day. Spurs need a step up trade this season as shame to waste the other young talents. However who believes Aldridge will be traded?

RC_Drunkford
01-02-2021, 07:17 AM
I would really like to get Myles Turner, but I don’t see a trade that makes sense to make that happen

Dejounte
01-02-2021, 07:22 AM
A C that doesn't botch easy layups and can roll effectively. Shooting is a BONUS. Also doesn't fall asleep on defense and can switch when needed. Rebounding would be great too.

If long-term we want to move everyone down a position... we need a PF who can switch easily. Siakam is the ultimate prototype here. So any PF who can play like Siakam. Please trade for him, Spurs. Otherwise, the only way we can find a player like this is through the draft. They are rare to come by in trades or free agency.

EasyMoney
01-02-2021, 07:49 AM
Whats Kenneth fried saying nowadays?

buttsR4rebounding
01-02-2021, 07:49 AM
Signing Poetl at this excessive salary for what he has shown looks even worse day by day. Spurs need a step up trade this season as shame to waste the other young talents. However who believes Aldridge will be traded?

If the Spurs aren’t in PO contention he will be gone. At some point you have to give Luka some run. With no G League for some reps this will be a wasted year in his development which neither the Spurs nor he can afford. That has been my biggest issue with Pop so far that even with the lack of quality play at the 4/5 so far that your #1 pick from last year can’t even get some spot minutes.

Rummpd
01-02-2021, 08:19 AM
If the Spurs aren’t in PO contention he will be gone. At some point you have to give Luka some run. With no G League for some reps this will be a wasted year in his development which neither the Spurs nor he can afford. That has been my biggest issue with Pop so far that even with the lack of quality play at the 4/5 so far that your #1 pick from last year can’t even get some spot minutes.

Agree

Ocotillo
01-02-2021, 08:42 AM
https://s.yimg.com/xe/i/us/sp/v/nba/players_l/20120402/4636.jpg

exstatic
01-02-2021, 08:59 AM
Whats Kenneth fried saying nowadays?

He says “I’m enjoying a forced retirement, due to having not even a shred of perimeter skill on either side of the ball.”

mo7888
01-02-2021, 09:11 AM
I think we would've looked fine with our lineup tonight if we had a Rudy that could hit 3's. Harrison Barnes could do that.

JeffDuncan
01-02-2021, 09:12 AM
Here's the spotrac 2021 free agent tracker, set for centers.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2021/center/

And here for power forwards.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2021/power-forward/

spurspl
01-02-2021, 09:31 AM
evan mobley, jalen johnson

sananspursfan21
01-02-2021, 09:47 AM

Gonna have to suck pretty bad this year to have a shot at either of these guys me thinks

r0drig0lac
01-02-2021, 09:51 AM
I wish Randle (or Collins)

ragas
01-02-2021, 10:37 AM

I like Mobley‘s skillset a lot. But his lack of motor is a little bit concerning. He mostly plays like he doesn‘t care when I watched him playing at USC. That said, he is a nobrainer if you can get him.

Dejounte
01-02-2021, 10:41 AM
Gonna have to suck pretty bad this year to have a shot at either of these guys me thinks

I think we have more assets to move up in next year's draft than we did this past draft.

Aldridge, Lyles are the only ones with depreciating value.

I'd argue DeMar's value is going up.

Mills keeps shooting well then his value goes up too.

Murray's value is going up too, if people still want to trade him.

Hell, even Lonnie can go if we think we won't be able to afford him and if there's a can't miss prospect in next year's draft.

We don't NEED to be a lottery team to draft in the lottery. The new system is making mostly everyone look good.

exstatic
01-02-2021, 10:42 AM
People crying because Davis has a career night from 3, while surrendering the same to Keldon. Davis +/- was ZERO last night, the same as fat Gasol, who played like 5 minutes.

exstatic
01-02-2021, 10:49 AM
I think we would've looked fine with our lineup tonight if we had a Rudy that could hit 3's. Harrison Barnes could do that.

Harrison Barnes is owed $60M over the next 3 years, and isn’t as good as Keldon Johnson, nor much taller. It took Dallas a surprisingly long time to figure out that he was crap, and that they overpaid for him.

KobesAchilles
01-02-2021, 11:05 AM
Who tf was that guy in Toronto that destroyed us? Let’s get him. He actually dunks

NASpurs
01-02-2021, 11:08 AM
Who tf was that guy in Toronto that destroyed us? Let’s get him. He actually dunks

That game was a testament to how much our bigs suck. Check out the games he’s had after that. :lol

Dex
01-02-2021, 11:09 AM
People crying because Davis has a career night from 3, while surrendering the same to Keldon. Davis +/- was ZERO last night, the same as fat Gasol, who played like 5 minutes.

This. Spurs went toe to toe with the defending champs who played well, and still had a shot to win.

Obviously we would all prefer the W, but that's still a moral victory in my book. Last year's team probably would have gotten blown out by 20.

TimDunkem
01-02-2021, 11:09 AM
Remember when this forum said Luka over Clarke was the smart move? :lol

NASpurs
01-02-2021, 11:13 AM

:lol @ RC following him around Europe with half a chub. Probably heard of a Luka over there being good and followed the wrong one.

It’s the Demarre Carroll/Jae Crowder shit all over again.

Dejounte
01-02-2021, 11:14 AM

Yeah 6'8" Brandon Clarke would help us so much

Not losing sleep over that guy. Maybe others, sure.

buttsR4rebounding
01-02-2021, 11:14 AM

That jury is definitely still out. Clarke wasn’t too effective in game 1.

TimDunkem
01-02-2021, 11:17 AM
Yeah 6'8" Brandon Clarke would help us so much

Not losing sleep over that guy. Maybe others, sure.
Spurs have 3 centers. Clarke would fit perfectly as a mobile 4/5.

Luka on the other hand isn't contributing anything being so terrible that he can't even get on the floor.

TimDunkem
01-02-2021, 11:17 AM
That jury is definitely still out. Clarke wasn’t too effective in game 1.
Better than a puka sammich. Period.

exstatic
01-02-2021, 11:22 AM
Luka was always a 2 year project. He was a 19 YO drafted out of the Adriatic league. He’s not on the bench because he sucks. He’s on the bench because he’s not ready.

Jules_Winnfield
01-02-2021, 11:56 AM
Dwight Powell might become available...

bluebellmaniac
01-02-2021, 12:26 PM
Luka was always a 2 year project. He was a 19 YO drafted out of the Adriatic league. He’s not on the bench because he sucks. He’s on the bench because he’s not ready.

Correct. Looking toward next year for his contribution.

Spursfanfromafar
01-02-2021, 12:33 PM

Is there going to be a G-league this year. If not, Pop must blood the kid and allow him to play through his mistakes in some of the easier games coming up in the schedule. Dude's prospective skills fill a need for the Spurs mightily.

B1gduff
01-02-2021, 12:37 PM
I know that there's already a form about Collins, but i'm gone post here.

How about a trade for Collins? he's only 24 and if the rumors are true about the Hawks not resigning him, he could potentially be in the market.

How about Demar+ another peiece for Collins, Snell and Dunn, plus 21 1st and if possibel sneak in the OKC 22 1st round pick.

Collins is the star return, he's only 24 and fit perfectly with the young guys.
Snell and Dunn are expiring contracts
than we'll also be able to get hopefully a few 1st picks?

Fusternino
01-02-2021, 12:47 PM
I still think OPJ solves the entire lack of a combo forward problem. Small ball C too?

Thomas82
01-02-2021, 01:10 PM

I want Evan Mobley myself.

Mr. Body
01-02-2021, 01:25 PM
I still think OPJ solves the entire lack of a combo forward problem. Small ball C too?

When has that guy ever been a winner?

mo7888
01-02-2021, 01:37 PM
Harrison Barnes is owed $60M over the next 3 years, and isn’t as good as Keldon Johnson, nor much taller. It took Dallas a surprisingly long time to figure out that he was crap, and that they overpaid for him.

I'm not endorsing the move, I'm saying he's an upgrade over Rudy because of his ability to hit 3's at a higher rate and he's a similar height. That doesn't mean we should take on that contract.

BackHome
01-02-2021, 02:08 PM
We ain’t getting any of the above players you all know Spurs don’t make trades during regular season and we not attracting free agents either. A more realistic thread would be for Dej to make a new thread “What PF/C do you want us to draft to replace LMA /Poodle”?

poopbox
01-02-2021, 02:09 PM

Yeah I haven't hit the panic button on Luka yet but I am reading the instruction manual for how it works and I do have maintenance coming in monday morning to test it, in case I do need to press it soon :lol

If it is one thing the old man does do pretty consistently is give second year players a chance to prove they can play and he hasn't even done that yet...

Our second round pick this year has logged more nba minutes than our 1st round pick last year :cry Not good...

Mr. Body
01-02-2021, 02:09 PM
I know that there's already a form about Collins, but i'm gone post here.

How about a trade for Collins? he's only 24 and if the rumors are true about the Hawks not resigning him, he could potentially be in the market.

This has been made up completely by the denizens of this board.

EasyMoney
01-02-2021, 02:29 PM
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1345440841159077889?s=19

If Blake could ever stay healthy, I would have loved him on this team.

B1gduff
01-02-2021, 04:10 PM
If we can sign Griffin around 20 mil for 2 to 3 years i would do that.

Mr. Body
01-02-2021, 04:21 PM
Griffin is dropping off badly and wasn't offering much to begin with, not for a while. At least he has some toughness and provides some diminishing outside threat, but DJM rebounds more than he does.

gospursgojas
01-02-2021, 04:40 PM
Griffin is dropping off badly and wasn't offering much to begin with, not for a while. At least he has some toughness and provides some diminishing outside threat, but DJM rebounds more than he does.

Can he help on PnR and recover?

That’s literally all we need from that position.

talkspurs
01-02-2021, 04:41 PM
We need somone younger. Yes you are takeing a flyer on these type of players but I think we can get one. Mo Bamba would probably be my first choice and I think we could get him in a trade. If we cant trade aldridge I would also reach out to memphis to trade them aldridge for Dieng and a 1st. It would give them another solid big and their pick should be somewhat low so not much risk for them. I would try and trade him for more but if nothing else atleast do that. Deng does not really fit with our time frame so would be more of a year rental but we would get a pick and to see how a stretch big would fit. We might be able to keep him around for a lot cheaper then what he makes now too and trade potel. I would still try and replace or add to him this offseason with mo Bamba or Harry giles.

on a side note the person that said Metu is not playing on the Kings he has some good bigs in front of him. They are pretty loaded at the pf/C position.

Prime BEEF
01-02-2021, 06:00 PM
I wish Randle (or Collins)
Randle is having a great year. Would like to get either of them in a trade. Would also like to steal a draft pick. Possibly Detroit’s.

Prime BEEF
01-02-2021, 06:06 PM
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1345440841159077889?s=19

If Blake could ever stay healthy, I would have loved him on this team.
DDR/Murray/Lyles for Bey/Griffin/1st rd pick works out well for both teams

talkspurs
01-02-2021, 07:06 PM

why would they give up a promising rookie plus a high rookie pick for Murray? I am one of the biggest supporters of Murray here but that is a lot for him since they are not winning this year. Even if they were not trying to win this year it would be a lot to give up. Giffen could probably get them something as well.

John B
01-02-2021, 07:41 PM
At this time I’m not trading Murray anymore. I’d rather wait for free agency for the big man.

CGD
01-02-2021, 08:34 PM
That player is gonna come in the draft. And we may still get a surprise with Luka, though, I’m losing hope

tbdog
01-02-2021, 08:42 PM
That player is gonna come in the draft. And we may still get a surprise with Luka, though, I’m losing hope

Luka was always 2 seasons away from playing. He was/is a young tweener. That even for today's league, he doesn't have the strength at the 4.

R. DeMurre
01-02-2021, 08:53 PM
At this time I’m not trading Murray anymore. I’d rather wait for free agency for the big man.

I agree... let this season roll out and see how the young guys develop.

If a guy like Richaun Holmes continues at the same pace of late last season + his early results so far this year, he's a 13/9 guy with good advanced stats + 1 steal & 1 block per game + good D. I'd take that for a Christian Wood/ Valanciunus/ Nurkic/ Favors type of contract of $10-15mil per.

Trueblood
01-02-2021, 09:23 PM
Is there going to be a G-league this year. If not, Pop must blood the kid and allow him to play through his mistakes in some of the easier games coming up in the schedule. Dude's prospective skills fill a need for the Spurs mightily.

I hear they're doing an abbreviated G league in the Orlando bubble

The Truth #6
01-02-2021, 10:24 PM
It makes sense to wait on Luka another year. He is young. But what you’re hoping for is not just improvement in skill but in attitude. It would be much better if he needed to learn poise or control, but instead he needs to learn how to play with energy and motivation. Perhaps it’s a switch that he will eventually flip. But damn, I think this is going to be an extra challenge with him. Without the motivation, how does a young player fight through the difficult learning curve to become a real player?

Dejounte
01-02-2021, 10:59 PM
Draft a big next year

https://youtu.be/lxfZFMxZ1Yw

This guy looks REALLY GOOD:

https://youtu.be/Yg9-nc98FzM

Looks more talented than Collins, if you ask me...

Dejounte
01-02-2021, 11:03 PM
https://youtu.be/rS7WkdDQdDQ

7'8" wingspan? Are you kidding me? That must be a typo

Prime BEEF
01-02-2021, 11:18 PM
why would they give up a promising rookie plus a high rookie pick for Murray? I am one of the biggest supporters of Murray here but that is a lot for him since they are not winning this year. Even if they were not trying to win this year it would be a lot to give up. Giffen could probably get them something as well.
They would be getting ddr too. Casey loves him some ddr. They would likely sign him long term.

The Truth #6
01-02-2021, 11:22 PM

The video itself is a work of art.

PrimeMinister
01-03-2021, 12:35 AM
that BG trade is absolute highway robbery for the pistons y'all are absolutely out of your minds

BackHome
01-03-2021, 12:56 AM
Draft a big next year

https://youtu.be/lxfZFMxZ1Yw

This guy looks REALLY GOOD:

https://youtu.be/Yg9-nc98FzM

Looks more talented than Collins, if you ask me...

Yeah all ready looking at tap not much else to due to Covid - If we’re able to swing a trade that gets us a late first I think it would be very realistic to get a good Power Forward and Center.

Ps If you watch Sengun vid mute it cause the announcer yells his name out in slow motion every time he scores. Lol

ismael-robert
01-03-2021, 01:53 AM
Boucher with 24 in 28 tonight, couple steals a block; can shoot the 3...best yet 9 for 9 from line

horseshue
01-03-2021, 02:54 AM
Marvin Bagley might be available.

jbspurs
01-03-2021, 05:16 AM
Jordan Bell plays big for his size, high energy guy. He will be a pick n roll nightmare slow footed bigs.

Dejounte
01-03-2021, 09:05 AM
that BG trade is absolute highway robbery for the pistons y'all are absolutely out of your minds

Like I said,

People want any change, even if it's bad change. It's ridiculously stupid.

Dejounte
01-03-2021, 09:10 AM
Yeah all ready looking at tap not much else to due to Covid - If we’re able to swing a trade that gets us a late first I think it would be very realistic to get a good Power Forward and Center.

Ps If you watch Sengun vid mute it cause the announcer yells his name out in slow motion every time he scores. Lol

Yup,

While I don't think we'll be a top 10 lottery team, there's no hurry for us to commit to a $25+ million dollar risk next offseason. That goes for ANYBODY. We aren't likely to win a championship this year or next, but we are likely to be competitive which will help our current young guys develop. Find another Keldon (a big) in next year's draft and we should be set... Sign some placeholders to 1-2 year deals (PJ Tucker, Tristan Thompson) to allow the "next Keldon" to take his time and develop into our next great big.

hombre
01-03-2021, 09:47 AM
Who wants a washed up Griffin and his bloated contract, draft or or bring In a young to run and keep building team chemistry. It seems we might have turned a corner and recovering from number 2’s bullshit

MultiTroll
01-03-2021, 12:11 PM
Who wants a washed up Griffin and his bloated contract, draft or or bring In a young to run and keep building team chemistry. It seems we might have turned a corner and recovering from number 2’s bullshitYep.

Cease and desist from overpaying and overplaying declining 30+s.
That was one of Poppeds schticks for too many players and too long the past years.

Phx has really turned it around. And nary an overpaid vet on the roster whatsoever. Spurs have new life with the young uns. Don't screw that up.

Thomas82
01-03-2021, 12:39 PM

This is who I want if we don't get a top 3 pick.

Joseph Kony
01-03-2021, 01:00 PM
There has to be some euros that can contribute more than the trash we have on our roster now

Dejounte
01-03-2021, 01:04 PM
There has to be some euros that can contribute more than the trash we have on our roster now

Alperen Sengun

R. DeMurre
01-03-2021, 01:11 PM
Boucher with 24 in 28 tonight, couple steals a block; can shoot the 3...best yet 9 for 9 from line

Boucher and Richaun Holmes are both currently leading their respective teams in +/- and win shares.

Dejounte
01-03-2021, 01:20 PM
Boucher and Richaun Holmes are both currently leading their respective teams in +/- and win shares.

I like Boucher but he isn't a free agent this upcoming offseason. I watched Richaun a bit, not as big of a fan.

R. DeMurre
01-03-2021, 01:56 PM
I like Boucher but he isn't a free agent this upcoming offseason. I watched Richaun a bit, not as big of a fan.

I've been watching a lot of Holmes and he's growing on me. Wish he shot the three though. Boucher is really impressive in the right match ups, and I think he could play some minutes at PF with a guy like Poeltl behind him. One more year after this one on his deal, but I imagine not untouchable yet as trade bait.

R. DeMurre
01-03-2021, 01:58 PM
:lol Though Drew might call him a Marfan Demi-God.

D-Robinson 50 fan
01-03-2021, 03:35 PM
Marvin Bagley might be available.

If he could stay healthy and his father let him be his own man, he would be worth the risk

mo7888
01-03-2021, 04:24 PM
If he could stay healthy and his father let him be his own man, he would be worth the risk

Consistently hitting 3's would make him an attractive target....I haven't seen that in his game though... im not sure if its because of ability or design.

Dverde
01-03-2021, 05:17 PM
I have a feeling Blake Griffen going to get traded this year. Not sure if he is an upgrade and worth the salary hit.

NASpurs
01-03-2021, 05:30 PM
Just finished watching the Celtics/Pistons game and I couldn’t help but think of this thread and how Blake Griffin looks so bad and washed :lol Future Spur material

TD 21
01-03-2021, 05:52 PM
I don't recall people necessarily being proponents of a Griffin trade, just saying we could envision it. Obviously, he'd need to somewhat resemble the player he was though and even then it'd probably be a fall back option in the off season.

Given the commitment to Poeltl, spending a decent amount on another rim running center makes no sense. The focus needs to be moreso on a 3.5 or failing that a 4.5, who can space the floor.

talkspurs
01-03-2021, 06:16 PM
I would not want griffen for anything. Maybe if we got picks back i would take him on but it would be in the OKC nature of taking him on for picks to hopefully trade later.

Prime BEEF
01-03-2021, 08:27 PM
I have a feeling Blake Griffen going to get traded this year. Not sure if he is an upgrade and worth the salary hit.
Not necessarily a big fan of BG but they trade I suggested is mainly to get Detroit’s 1st rd draft pick and bey

spurs1990
01-03-2021, 10:10 PM
https://i.ibb.co/JkvwcxN/5-DF0-C03-E-F567-4-B6-C-8-A04-509-E40-E41690.jpg

Officially tied for 4th worst record. The lottery could be the best bet to get a talented 6'9 and above player.

BackHome
01-03-2021, 10:28 PM
In tank I trust. :hungry:

J_Paco
01-03-2021, 10:51 PM
https://i.ibb.co/JkvwcxN/5-DF0-C03-E-F567-4-B6-C-8-A04-509-E40-E41690.jpg

Officially tied for 4th worst record. The lottery could be the best bet to get a talented 6'9 and above player.

Evan Mobley, please and thank you.

Get him on a diet plan that can gain him 20 or 30 pounds, though.

CGD
01-04-2021, 08:15 AM
I like a Lonnie-DeAndre Hunter swap. Atlanta is paying Danilo and Bogdonabic big money, plus they have Reddish.

r0drig0lac
01-04-2021, 08:52 AM
I like a Lonnie-DeAndre Hunter swap. Atlanta is paying Danilo and Bogdonabic big money, plus they have Reddish.lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-04-2021, 12:41 PM
I would not want griffen for anything. Maybe if we got picks back i would take him on but it would be in the OKC nature of taking him on for picks to hopefully trade later.

Griffin looks terrible this year. I watched the game last night and he was getting burned off the dribble, couldn't shoot, and just looked done. If he were Tim Duncan he'd of admitted that the wheels have come off, but of course he's not going to walk away from those phat checks. Detroit will be lucky to trade him. They'll need a trade partner who hasn't watched Blake play the last two years.

EasyMoney
01-04-2021, 05:22 PM

God. Imagine if they sign another 6'6 SG/SF. I would lose it.

gospursgojas
01-04-2021, 05:56 PM
:pop: is there a seven foot stiff from the former Yugoslavia available?

talkspurs
01-04-2021, 11:32 PM
Griffin looks terrible this year. I watched the game last night and he was getting burned off the dribble, couldn't shoot, and just looked done. If he were Tim Duncan he'd of admitted that the wheels have come off, but of course he's not going to walk away from those phat checks. Detroit will be lucky to trade him. They'll need a trade partner who hasn't watched Blake play the last two years.

I agree that he is bad. I dont want him as a player. I would want the pick. You have to be willing to take something on to get something. It would be one year of his salary. It is similer to the Wiggins trade that was talked about during the summer it is about the pick. Griffin is shorter contract but also worse value.

Thomas82
01-05-2021, 12:53 AM

+1 Cosign!!

J_Paco
01-05-2021, 01:49 AM
+1 Cosign!!

He could be K.G., A.D. or Giannis 2.0........

Or basically, a "poor man's" David Robinson but with more perimeter skills, better handles and the ability to bring it up the length of the court (consistently).

His jump off the floor and quickness in these highlights standout. Hopefully, he'll be able to gain 15 - 25 lbs. of muscle without losing too much quickness or verticality.

Drooling thinking about the possibilities........

https://youtu.be/YMRe14yEBaE

Dejounte
01-05-2021, 01:51 AM
It's the definition of insanity to think of the Spurs getting a top 3 pick. Even if their record is bad, the odds are still too low. Y'all are setting yourself up for disappointment.

J_Paco
01-05-2021, 02:03 AM
It's the definition of insanity to think of the Spurs getting a top 3 pick. Even if their record is bad, the odds are still too low. Y'all are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Let us dream, man. And the Hornets weren't a top 3 pick (by record), but thanks to the lottery ended up in the top 3.

If the team needs to move some assets or an additional pick to try and get him. Do it......

Side note: We'll likely not end up with a top 3 pick and will wind up with another guard or center. LMAO

I'm just dreaming, but a good fall back option could be the Senegalese player that someone put highlights up of. Seems pretty raw on offense, though, and would probably be a second round pick.

In the video they claim that his NBA comparison is Dikembe Mutombo, so got take that one with a huge grain of salt.

Thomas82
01-05-2021, 05:44 AM
He could be K.G., A.D. or Giannis 2.0........

Or basically, a "poor man's" David Robinson but with more perimeter skills, better handles and the ability to bring it up the length of the court (consistently).

His jump off the floor and quickness in these highlights standout. Hopefully, he'll be able to gain 15 - 25 lbs. of muscle without losing too much quickness or verticality.

Drooling thinking about the possibilities........

https://youtu.be/YMRe14yEBaE

I've been keeping a close eye on him ever since the NCAA season started. We need his skillset in the worst way.

gospursgojas
01-15-2021, 12:13 AM
Another example of having no answer for teams’ making Lamarcus defend the pick and roll. Down the stretch, couldn’t stop g leaguers like Tate and Brown once he switched.

Jakob’s no better.

spurraider21
01-15-2021, 01:35 AM
sounds like a terrible guy to use a top 20 pick on

John B
01-15-2021, 02:06 AM
How did Rockets get Christian Wood? How is it possible Jarret was on a trading block and Spurs were not in the picture? Spurs need another big, and they need that player fast.

spurraider21
01-15-2021, 02:17 AM
brandon clarke isn't a worldbeater by any stretch but we'd be much better off with him than Luka, and i dont see how that's even debatable given what we've seen from our bigs this year

rankingtear
01-15-2021, 05:43 AM
How did Rockets get Christian Wood? How is it possible Jarret was on a trading block and Spurs were not in the picture? Spurs need another big, and they need that player fast.

On Wood - Big market and no competition for minutes.
On Allen - Future first is the cost and a costly contract extension ( 18 mil per rumored asking price ).

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2021, 10:26 AM
Spurs should do everything they can to get Myles Turner. He'd fit like a glove on this roster and play better than on the Pacers. Of course I wouldn't trade any of White, Murray, Walker, KJ and Vassell, but I could see a Poeltl/Mills package working. Pacers been rumored to wanting to move Turner for a minute now

KingKev
01-15-2021, 10:49 AM
Spurs should do everything they can to get Myles Turner. He'd fit like a glove on this roster and play better than on the Pacers. Of course I wouldn't trade any of White, Murray, Walker, KJ and Vassell, but I could see a Poeltl/Mills package working. Pacers been rumored to wanting to move Turner for a minute now

Doubt that gets it done. Suspect they will want a first included.

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2021, 11:12 AM
Doubt that gets it done. Suspect they will want a first included.

Maybe, I don't know. But I don't see any other attainable bigs with that kind of skillset. Spurs should aggressively pursue Turner, which they obviously won't do anyway cause they don't make trades

KingKev
01-15-2021, 11:18 AM
Maybe, I don't know. But I don't see any other attainable bigs with that kind of skillset. Spurs should aggressively pursue Turner, which they obviously won't do anyway cause they don't make trades

Turner is on point for defensive player of the year and is shooting more 3’s. Agee he is a great fit but if Indy is looking to unload him you will need to offer a young prospect and a pick. D White and a first makes sense.

Dejounte
01-15-2021, 11:19 AM
From the little I've seen, Turner isn't that mobile either. Drafting a mobile 4 remains my preference.

KingKev
01-15-2021, 11:22 AM
From the little I've seen, Turner isn't that mobile either. Drafting a mobile 4 remains my preference.

the reality is we need both a starting 4 and a 5. Hopefully one compliments the other. Jakob is a backup at best.

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2021, 11:36 AM
Turner is on point for defensive player of the year and is shooting more 3’s. Agee he is a great fit but if Indy is looking to unload him you will need to offer a young prospect and a pick. D White and a first makes sense.

I didn't know that. 4.2 blocks per game is ridiculous. He's also only shooting 28% from 3 though, which is not that appealing. No way I would trade White, but maybe a 2023 first rounder might make sense. We have enough young pieces on the team, we need some established players to compliment them, not more 2-3 year projects.

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2021, 11:37 AM
the reality is we need both a starting 4 and a 5. Hopefully one compliments the other. Jakob is a backup at best.

if we could somehow get Turner and sign Collins, we'd look incredible

John B
01-15-2021, 12:25 PM
What happened to players like Kylor Kelley who was signed a 10-day then immediately waived?

RC_Drunkford
01-15-2021, 12:29 PM

watch the play at 1:41 and tell me again that Turner isn't mobile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGGSiByFy5E

TD 21
01-15-2021, 12:33 PM

Despite his deficiencies (soft, poor defensive rebounding, inability to handle behemoths in the post), he would be a good fit (legit floor spacing rim protector/anchor, 24, reasonable contract through '23, seeming cultural fit).

I don't see them being interested in Poeltl/Mills though. They have Bitadze in the pipeline to backup Sabonis, five rotational guards (Brogdon, LeVert, Lamb, A. Holiday, McConnell) and like a lot of teams, a gaping hole at the four.

Thing is, the Spurs have a more pressing long term need at the four than the five too, so even if they could do something like sign and trade DeRozan for Gordon + in the off season, they'd be better off keeping him over rerouting him.

rah88sa
01-15-2021, 12:43 PM

If we fall to the back of the lottery (or outside) I really like Greg Brown from UT. Hell if we can trade one of our vets for a late first I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on his teammate Kai Jones.

mo7888
01-15-2021, 01:20 PM

Isn't Prichard still in the FO there (he's always been a LMA fan)... LMA plus a 1st taking back some filler might get it done.

spurraider21
01-15-2021, 01:21 PM
how would we even get myles turner? why would indy take our shit for him?

Prime BEEF
01-15-2021, 02:26 PM
I would prefer Collins and Allen to Collins and turner. But would love that too as apposed to whatever overpayed and to old player the FO will go after

poopbox
01-15-2021, 02:52 PM
I mean if we could get pretty much anybody at this point it would be an improvement over LMA and Poeltl

spurraider21
01-15-2021, 03:02 PM
i like jarrett allen but cant fathom preferring him to myles turner. allen is a much better rebounder (which we need, of course), but turner can space the floor better and is a better rim protector.

that said, i dont see a good way for us to acquire turner

mo7888
01-15-2021, 09:41 PM
If you like Nic Claxton you could probably get him from Brooklyn if they want one of our vets (assuming they have matching salaries to send back) other than that Bagley looks like the only available big I really see on the short term horizon.

Dejounte
01-15-2021, 09:52 PM
If you like Nic Claxton you could probably get him from Brooklyn if they want one of our vets (assuming they have matching salaries to send back) other than that Bagley looks like the only available big I really see on the short term horizon.

He had surgery for right knee tendinopathy in June. Same issue Kawhi had.

CGD
01-15-2021, 10:08 PM
Isn't Prichard still in the FO there (he's always been a LMA fan)... LMA plus a 1st taking back some filler might get it done.

Bingo. I think a 23/24 protected first along with LMA would do it.

CGD
01-15-2021, 10:11 PM

I don’t know if you need both in today’s nba. What you DO need is someone to get you buckets in the post at crunch time, and that could well be Demar. You don’t need two of those players on the court at say time anymore. What you do need is a defensive anchor and turner fits the bill with out current roster.

mo7888
01-16-2021, 10:06 AM
He had surgery for right knee tendinopathy in June. Same issue Kawhi had.

Claxton or Bagley?

Dejounte
01-16-2021, 10:14 AM
Claxton or Bagley?

Claxton

KingKev
01-16-2021, 10:38 AM
I don’t know if you need both in today’s nba. What you DO need is someone to get you buckets in the post at crunch time, and that could well be Demar. You don’t need two of those players on the court at say time anymore. What you do need is a defensive anchor and turner fits the bill with out current roster.

Keldon and Demar playing the 4 is not sustainable. You absolutely need a 4 and a 5 to beat the Lakers.

mo7888
01-16-2021, 11:28 AM
Most of us think we need a 4 with size as the priority. Its just hard to see where there's one that attainable. Bagley could be gotten (but are his contract demands something we'd pay for his production)? So I'm gonna throw out a bad contract idea (yes I'm bored this morning)... LMA + Gay for Harris + Bradley + draft pick. Morey surely would pay to move that contract and Harris is playing PF in today's game. I'd prefer a guy a little taller but, there's not many options.

Dejounte
01-16-2021, 11:31 AM
Most of us think we need a 4 with size as the priority. Its just hard to see where there's one that attainable. Bagley could be gotten (but are his contract demands something we'd pay for his production)? So I'm gonna throw out a bad contract idea (yes I'm bored this morning)... LMA + Gay for Harris + Bradley + draft pick. Morey surely would pay to move that contract and Harris is playing PF in today's game. I'd prefer a guy a little taller but, there's not many options.

I'll take that.

Dejounte
01-16-2021, 11:39 AM

I guess it comes down to whether people prefer Collins vs Tobias. Tobias has more finesse in his game and is able to keep up with more players on defense, IMO. I don't think he's a rhythm shooter that Collins appears to be.

r0drig0lac
01-16-2021, 11:52 AM
I'll take that.

but Morey no

spurspl
01-16-2021, 12:02 PM
olynyk might be available as a FA, miami recently signed meyers, harkless, adebayo and drafted achiuwa.

TD 21
01-16-2021, 12:27 PM
Harris is a big wing, Collins is a big.

The 76ers wouldn't make that trade. They're in pseudo contention and as bad as his contract is, he's still their third best player. They're not trading him for an old player who couldn't play with their best player and an older, worse version of him.

Bagley III is a tough one, because they're at the stage where they need to still treat him as if he retains 2nd pick value, while it's highly unlikely the league at large would at this point.

Not interested in paying the undoubtedly high price for a player with no true defensive position and despite obvious skills offensively, no true niche. Has the whiff of an empty calories type.

R. DeMurre
01-16-2021, 01:56 PM
Tobias Harris is a pretty good player who does a little bit of everything, but he's getting max superstar money and I just don't think he's enough of a difference maker to justify that salary. I'd rather see the Spurs get two net positive FAs at reasonable prices than blow all of the cap room on one guy who's overpaid.

EasyMoney
01-16-2021, 02:10 PM
Dewayne Dedmon would be better than poeltl at this point. Unfortunately now he seems to have have ego. Wanted out of Sacramento because he got delegated to the bench when richaun holmes played better.

CGD
01-16-2021, 02:25 PM
Keldon and Demar playing the 4 is not sustainable. You absolutely need a 4 and a 5 to beat the Lakers.

Yes, but you don’t need offensive production out of both. Aside from the Lakers (LeBron ain’t playing forever), no other teams big duo is that problematic. Most nights Demar/Keldon may be enough, and even force the other team to change their style of play

CGD
01-16-2021, 02:36 PM

I like where your thinking is, but that Harris contract is terrible. Would want a little more.

mo7888
01-16-2021, 03:19 PM
I guess it comes down to whether people prefer Collins vs Tobias. Tobias has more finesse in his game and is able to keep up with more players on defense, IMO. I don't think he's a rhythm shooter that Collins appears to be.

I agree with that. The difference for me is that Harris we can get now and he's under contract. Collins we have to convince to sign in the summer and hope Atl doesn't match. I also probably value Harris's veteran presence a little bit

mo7888
01-16-2021, 03:22 PM
All fair points guys... I know the Harris idea isn't ideal but nothing else seems to be either to me... so, I'm admittedly grasping at straws a little bit. I'm also looking at it a bit more from the perspective of doing something now instead of waiting on free agency .

Dejounte
01-17-2021, 10:32 AM
Richaun Holmes is currently leading the league in TS% at a whopping .733. You may be onto something here, R. DeMurre.

TD 21
01-17-2021, 12:14 PM
The only way Holmes or someone of his ilk would make sense, is if they trade Poeltl and while you could argue the merits of that, there's no reason to think it'd actually happen.

Can't afford multiple non shooting bigs in a rotation in today's league, especially when the youth on the perimeter isn't exactly known for this.

KingKev
01-17-2021, 12:36 PM
The only way Holmes or someone of his ilk would make sense, is if they trade Poeltl and while you could argue the merits of that, there's no reason to think it'd actually happen.

Can't afford multiple non shooting bigs in a rotation in today's league, especially when the youth on the perimeter isn't exactly known for this.

I suspect we would have to attach an asset to Jakob to move him at this point. I’d be all for moving both him and Sammanic in a salary dump to help us go after both JA and Collins in free agency this summer.

Dejounte
01-17-2021, 12:40 PM
I suspect we would have to attach an asset to Jakob to move him at this point. I’d be all for moving both him and Sammanic in a salary dump to help us go after both JA and Collins in free agency this summer.

The JA dream is over. The Cavs don't trade for him without any intention of keeping him. Since they're a terrible organization, they'll likely overpay to keep him.

TD 21
01-17-2021, 12:41 PM

Nah, an underwhelming 10-12 game stretch won't supersede years of evidence that he positively impacts winning.

In a vacuum, sure some of these C's being bandied about are better than Poeltl, but I'm not interested in paying significantly more for a similar archetype when the more pressing need at the position is a shooting five and the most pressing positional need is a four.

KingKev
01-17-2021, 12:43 PM
The JA dream is over. The Cavs don't trade for him without any intention of keeping him. Since they're a terrible organization, they'll likely overpay to keep him.

You are probably right on this, could see him getting 20+ a year if he keeps playing well

Dejounte
01-19-2021, 09:12 AM
https://youtu.be/oP34YmFHqbM

R. DeMurre
01-19-2021, 02:47 PM

I think it could work, because you could split the minutes at C, and give Holmes a few extra minutes at PF with a shooting big alongside him.
Poeltl is an average starting center and a great back up center, so I think it serves the Spurs well to put him in the position of a 24+ mpg bench player. They'd rarely if ever be on the floor together. But another aspect of Holmes is his steadily improving shooting-- the one year he averaged over 1 3ptFGA per game, he shot 35%, and his numbers indicate he's probably ready to add that back to his game. His FG% over his career shows impressive nonstop improvement (.514, .558, .560, .608, .648, .688) as does his FT% (.689, .699, .661, .731, .788, .844).

TD 21
01-19-2021, 03:59 PM
I think it could work, because you could split the minutes at C, and give Holmes a few extra minutes at PF with a shooting big alongside him.
Poeltl is an average starting center and a great back up center, so I think it serves the Spurs well to put him in the position of a 24+ mpg bench player. They'd rarely if ever be on the floor together. But another aspect of Holmes is his steadily improving shooting-- the one year he averaged over 1 3ptFGA per game, he shot 35%, and his numbers indicate he's probably ready to add that back to his game. His FG% over his career shows impressive nonstop improvement (.514, .558, .560, .608, .648, .688) as does his FT% (.689, .699, .661, .731, .788, .844).

I've got one superstar (Jokic), one borderline one (Embiid) and five star (Towns, Gobert, Adebayo, Sabonis, Vucevic) C's and they're the only ones I'd be willing to eat significant cap space on.

Since none are realistic, I'm content with Poeltl at a low number (presuming he starts and average 24-28 mpg going forward) and would primarily focus on finding a long term solution at "PF". If it's a 4.5 like Collins, he'd basically kill two birds with one stone, as far as solving that, as well as the need for a stretch big who can eat backup C minutes. At that point, sign some inexpensive backup C to play a fringe rotation role. If it's the more ideal 3.5 type, they'll need more of a platoon type C, who can space the floor (Olynyk?).

R. DeMurre
01-19-2021, 04:10 PM
I've got one superstar (Jokic), one borderline one (Embiid) and five star (Towns, Gobert, Adebayo, Sabonis, Vucevic) C's and they're the only ones I'd be willing to eat significant cap space on.

Since none are realistic, I'm content with Poeltl at a low number (presuming he starts and average 24-28 mpg going forward) and would primarily focus on finding a long term solution at "PF". If it's a 4.5 like Collins, he'd basically kill two birds with one stone, as far as solving that, as well as the need for a stretch big who can play backup C. At that point, sign some inexpensive backup C to play a fringe rotation role. If it's the more ideal 3.5 type, they'll need more of a platoon type C, who can space the floor (Olynyk?).

A big part of the original appeal of Holmes was that he was relatively unknown, and wouldn't command the type of salary that John Collins would, i.e., wouldn't eat significant cap space. We'll see what happens. But barring a true star (and actual difference maker on the floor), I'd rather the Spurs sign two quality net positive players rather than spending their cap room on the max for Collins, who I think is similar to DeRozan-- great max-type numbers, with a less-than-max effect on winning.

TD 21
01-19-2021, 04:25 PM
A big part of the original appeal of Holmes was that he was relatively unknown, and wouldn't command the type of salary that John Collins would, i.e., wouldn't eat significant cap space. We'll see what happens. But barring a true star (and actual difference maker on the floor), I'd rather the Spurs sign two quality net positive players rather than spending their cap room on the max for Collins, who I think is similar to DeRozan-- great max-type numbers, with a less-than-max effect on winning.

He won't cost what Collins will, but he will cost a relatively significant amount, which will make it more difficult to properly address "PF".

I'm on the fence with Collins, but I'd get it.

R. DeMurre
01-19-2021, 04:38 PM

I dunno-- Allen is a pretty smart & independent guy. I don't know if he stays with Cleveland just because they can offer a little more money. This is the guy who would walk to the arena in Brooklyn from his place, and high five people in the streets.

Dejounte
01-19-2021, 04:42 PM
If I understand it correctly, it won't take much for the Spurs to pry Holmes away from the Kings. The Kings are $12 mil away from being hard capped. So any $12+ mil a year offer to Holmes would be enough for the Kings to let him go. From what I'm reading, his value may be more around $17 mil a year, similar to what White is making.

look_at_g_shred
01-19-2021, 04:50 PM
If I understand it correctly, it won't take much for the Spurs to pry Holmes away from the Kings. The Kings are $12 mil away from being hard capped. So any $12+ mil a year offer to Holmes would be enough for the Kings to let him go. From what I'm reading, his value may be more around $17 mil a year, similar to what White is making.
You are assuming PATFO are even interested.

Dejounte
01-19-2021, 04:53 PM
You are assuming PATFO are even interested.

Bruh we talk about everything and everybody on here. That's what makes it fun. Examine all possibilities so when one of them happens, we kinda know what we have.

TD 21
01-19-2021, 04:55 PM

They can and will move money arround to accomodate him if they deem him inexpendable.

JuneJive
01-19-2021, 05:00 PM
I think the upgrade in that department will come via draft.

Plus, there is Samanic to keep in mind.

venitian navigator
01-19-2021, 05:58 PM
Alex Len anybody?

r0drig0lac
01-19-2021, 05:58 PM
I dunno-- Allen is a pretty smart & independent guy. I don't know if he stays with Cleveland just because they can offer a little more money. This is the guy who would walk to the arena in Brooklyn from his place, and high five people in the streets.why?

mo7888
01-19-2021, 06:01 PM
Alex Len anybody?

If we move LMA somewhere for some reason then he might make sense at the end of the bench.

talkspurs
01-19-2021, 06:06 PM
Alex Len anybody?

I would be interested in him for the Min. I was surprised to see him released since I have not heard of locker room issues. He has had some ok season and is more in the mold of LMA then Potel.

talkspurs
01-19-2021, 09:21 PM
Another player I would like us to give a contract to is Thon Maker. Also could be had for leg min. We sign them at the end see what they can do and go from there. this doesnt hurt cap space for next year and since we need 4/5 there should be playing time. Especially if LMA was traded these would be two players I would like to see us go after.

poopbox
01-19-2021, 10:18 PM
I think the upgrade in that department will come via draft.

Plus, there is Samanic to keep in mind.

:lmao

GreekSpursfan
01-19-2021, 10:35 PM
Alex Len anybody?

If Masai is letting him go its a hard pass.