PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd: "I play this game to win"

Walton Buys Off Me
07-11-2003, 11:54 AM
I guess that was just all part of the game right?

This guy's a joke, does he really think Alaonzo Mourning will actually play one entire year, let alone FOUR??

Seems to me that Jason thinks about his friends first, his wife second, his bank account third and then if there's any room, maybe winning crosses his mind.

Trust me people, WE ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THIS CLOWN.

I personally cannot wait to see his face when Zo is gone for the season and he's sitting with a towel on his head as his precious Nets are eliminated once again.

Imagine someone choosing Alonzo Mourning over Tim Duncan?! Someone that dumb deserves to repeatedly lose.

bigzak25
07-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Hey I'm a Jason Kidd fan today...
friggin a glad he's staying in Jersey...
he's done more good for the Spurs than he'll ever know...

I'd even hug that pez dispenser kid of his.....

The CHAMPIONSHIP Spurs shall return....
Chemistry intact.

MannyIsGod
07-11-2003, 12:02 PM
He has a better chance of getting to the finals each year in the east with that team than he would with the spurs in the west. It's not like its a terrible team, lets get real.

Shelly
07-11-2003, 12:03 PM
I'd even hug that pez dispenser kid of his.....

I'm really trying hard not to laugh...

too late! :lol

smackdaddy11
07-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Getting there and winning the Finals are 2 different things.

Should we nickname him "Jim Kelly"?

TwoHandJam
07-11-2003, 12:04 PM
I guess the world knows about his commitment to winning now. Mercifully we didn't have to wait the weekend to find this out. Thanks for nothing, Jason.

MannyIsGod
07-11-2003, 12:07 PM
lmao @ the pez dispenser comment, thats hillarious.

The rest of you need to wake up.

He's taken that team to the finals 2 years in a row, and they pushed the spurs this year. They are getting better, and if Zo pans out, who knows.

You act like he went to play for the clippers, stop thinking the only team he could win a title with is the spurs.

TwoHandJam
07-11-2003, 12:12 PM
STFU already.

They won 2 games off us by what, a combined 3 points in the finals and we were far from a team that gelled into a dominant playoff performer. They were a hair's breath from being swept. Again.

I'm going to enjoy watching them get trashed in the finals next year if they even make it past detroit.

smackdaddy11
He has no chance winning with that squad against the behemouth out in California.

Dallas can get better.

Sac can get better.

The Spurs can get better.

You either join the powers that be or get stomped.

Taking a team to the finals in the East means squat.

kohai
Read slowly, Manny:

B U F F A L O B I L L S

They made it to the superbowl 4 years in a row, and never won. I can EASILY see NJ in the same predicament.

KoriEllis
I'm sure Kidd will say that he "didn't think he'd fit here".

Those of you who have been in chat these past few days know that Kidd cited that reason when he left here Monday. There had been a party scheduled at Duncan's house Monday night and Kidd left early & the party was canceled. I just wish he would have given a solid "No" then instead of "probably not", so that they Spurs could've moved on sooner.

Oh well, it'll be okay.

F7
07-11-2003, 12:15 PM
despite all that info Kori, I would still like to make fun of him .. if you don't mind :)

SAmikeyp
07-11-2003, 12:17 PM
gotta agree with the smackdaddy......the Spurs are certainly not out of the championship hunt and if the Spurs do not win the title, Dallas, LA or Sac will. The only rings JKidd will be gathering are Eastern Conference Champion rings, if they make such things.

MannyIsGod
07-11-2003, 12:17 PM
THE POINT IS IF YOU CAN'T GET THERE, YOU CAN'T WIN IT.

BEING THERE GIVES YOU A SHOT.

fucking A, YOu never know what happens. I'm not predicting a 4 year run of NJ championships, but he certainly has A CHANCE.

You can't say he didn't choose winning by not coming here, thats IDIOCY.

But after the past week, I've learned that some of you are just plain moron's. Thanks for once again reaffirming that notion.

Shelly
07-11-2003, 12:18 PM
Jason probably read the forums here and that's why he thought he wouldn't fit in...:wink

TwoHandJam
07-11-2003, 12:19 PM
In a way I'm kind of relieved we didn't get him. Any solution now will mess less with the championship chemisty we already had. Parker will continue to grow and Manu should get the minutes he deserves. I still hold some hope for Brand but I'm confident we'll add some impact signings to an already solid roster.

If the Lakers prevail next year then so be it but their situation will only work for a year at best, if at all. We should come out on top in the end.

GrandeDavid
07-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Yeah, GET there easier, perhaps. But winning is another thing. New Jersey will never beat San Antonio, LA, Sacramento or Dallas in the Finals, especially San Antonio, Sacramento and LA, one of whom will be there next year.

smackdaddy11
07-11-2003, 12:33 PM
THE POINT IS IF YOU CAN'T GET THERE, YOU CAN'T WIN IT.

Playing with the 2 time MVP would sure reduce your chances. :rolleyes

BEING THERE GIVES YOU A SHOT.

At getting stomped by the better team. Anything can happen once you get there but banking on key players going down with injuries to obtain it is throwing darts at a board.

fucking A, YOu never know what happens. I'm not predicting a 4 year run of NJ championships, but he certainly has A CHANCE.

I didn't say he had zero chance but incinuating not playing with TD is a HIGHER chance is goofy. He just better change his name to David and hope he can take down the giants.

You can't say he didn't choose winning by not coming here, thats IDIOCY

If it was #1, he would be a Spur. It just must not be #1 like he stated it was.

But after the past week, I've learned that some of you are just plain moron's. Thanks for once again reaffirming that notion.

Silly me thinking playing with the best post player in the league (which he stated was something he would love to experience) would be a championship formula. :vomit

grjr
07-11-2003, 12:58 PM
I just wish he would have given a solid "No" then instead of "probably not", so that they Spurs could've moved on sooner.

Kori, I think he did give a NO in that "female read between the lines" kind of way. Spurs brass had their KiddBlinders on and didn't want to believe it though.

Sorry Archie, but I'm happy today. I think Jason just saved our next 3-4 seasons. If the only way to get Kidd was to sign ZO for 4 years (4 years!) then thanks but no thanks.

How about we take the cap money left after signing PJ (assuming no chance at Brand) and go "Euro-shopping". I really like Oberto at the right price.

jr

baseline bum
07-11-2003, 01:05 PM
**** - I'm still a huge Kidd fan, but him turning us down is a pretty bitter pill to swallow. Signing PJ Brown and bringing back the supporting cast is a bust of an offseason.

Archie
07-11-2003, 01:06 PM
Wait until we see how it plays out, base.

SAmikeyp
07-11-2003, 02:38 PM
I think my kareoke buddy just called me a moron! ouch! :p

bigzak25
07-11-2003, 02:47 PM
i'm glad he's not coming....

but I still must ask...

if he plays this game to win...

to win what?

that being said, a healthy Zo will help that team out alot,