PDA

View Full Version : Chinook owes Dejounte an apology.

MaNu4Tres
01-08-2021, 12:36 AM
It is true..

Robz4000
01-08-2021, 12:41 AM
He's taken a step this season, no doubt about it. However, he always shows up to play Lebron.

Dejounte
01-08-2021, 12:42 AM
A lot of people here owe DJ an apology.

DAF86
01-08-2021, 12:43 AM
Waaaaaay too early to start sucking each others' dicks, tbrrrrrrh.

Dejounte
01-08-2021, 12:46 AM

I don't know how DJ can take a step back from how he's playing right now. He's clearly a different player. Sure, he'll have a bad game here and there. But the IQ and the feel are obviously improved.

SpurPadre
01-08-2021, 12:46 AM
Chinook has consistently called for Murray to come off the bench. I wonder if he still feels that way.

Chinook
01-08-2021, 12:48 AM
Nice that I get mentioned in a thread title, but no. I still don't like what he's doing. It's never been about whether he makes those shots sometimes. I said this after that good Laker game he had and then didn't feel the need to come out and say it again after he struggled in that Jazz game. I hate his role. Maybe he plays well enough consistently enough to justify it. But ST's inability to look at players in any context other than "this player sucks" or "this player is good" is annoying.

Chinook
01-08-2021, 12:50 AM
Chinook has consistently called for Murray to come off the bench. I wonder if he still feels that way.

Yeah. I still think he and White aren't a good starting combo and that Derrick would be a much better starter if the team wants to maximize their potential this year. Murray's doing well enough now to where you don't look to bench him, and Derrick may not even be able to handle starter's minutes at this point. But I'm still curious about whether this SL will survive the season. Johnson falling off offensively is concerning, and it could easily be due to the strain of playing PF.

DeRozan m8
01-08-2021, 12:51 AM
Its funny that consistency with Murray means gloating after 2 good games in a row hahaha

He was so fucking dismal against the Jazz....1-13.

ONE FROM THIRTEEN

Dejounte
01-08-2021, 12:52 AM
Nice that I get mentioned in a thread title, but no. I still don't like what he's doing. It's never been about whether he makes those shots sometimes. I said this after that good Laker game he had and then didn't feel the need to come out and say it again after he struggled in that Jazz game. I hate his role. Maybe he plays well enough consistently enough to justify it. But ST's inability to look at players in any context other than "this player sucks" or "this player is good" is annoying.

This isn't just about the shots going in and you know it. You want to twist DJ into something he'll never be to set expectations for him that he'll never meet so you can justify not ever being wrong about him. It doesn't pay to be that edgy.

Dejounte
01-08-2021, 12:53 AM
Its funny that consistency with Murray means gloating after 2 good games in a row hahaha

He was so fucking dismal against the Jazz....1-13.

ONE FROM THIRTEEN

Everyone in that game did horrible. Weird way to single out a player tells me you only looked at the box score.

DAF86
01-08-2021, 12:53 AM
I don't know how DJ can take a step back from how he's playing right now. He's clearly a different player. Sure, he'll have a bad game here and there. But the IQ and the feel are obviously improved.

He has had a lot of stretches where he made me a believer just to revert back to his sucky ways, tbh. So it's not like this is something new, tbh.

SpurPadre
01-08-2021, 12:55 AM
Yeah. I still think he and White aren't a good starting combo and that Derrick would be a much better starter if the team wants to maximize their potential this year. Murray's doing well enough now to where you don't look to bench him, and Derrick may not even be able to handle starter's minutes at this point. But I'm still curious about whether this SL will survive the season. Johnson falling off offensively is concerning, and it could easily be due to the strain of playing PF.

I just don't think there's enough sample size that shows Derrick would be a much better starter to maximize the team's potential. When it comes to leadership qualities, none of young players can match Murray's. He's definitely a leader and you want that in your starting PG.

Dejounte
01-08-2021, 12:56 AM
He has had a lot of stretches where he made me a believer just to revert back to his sucky ways, tbh. So it's not like this is something new, tbh.

He was consistently bad last season, so I'm not sure how he made you a believer at any point then.

RC_Drunkford
01-08-2021, 12:56 AM

this. Y’all forgot that he missed an entire season with an ACL injury. It was clear that this is the season where he has to prove he belongs. And damn did he put in work. Looks like a future All-Star out there

The Truth #6
01-08-2021, 12:57 AM
Still erratic, yes, but the good is so much better than before. I have already eaten my crow taco. How he is used by the coaches to me is a totally different conversation.

DAF86
01-08-2021, 12:59 AM
Dudes, seriously, we're just 8 games into the season. Chill. :lol

Dejounte
01-08-2021, 01:00 AM

So you're telling me it's alright to call the Spurs a lottery team after four games but not okay to give praise to a player after eight?

It's backwards logic, man, and you know it.

Negativity rules the world.

SpurPadre
01-08-2021, 01:01 AM

But if White had this stretch after 8 games, you guys would be comparing him to the Big 3. Shit, someone here once said White is the next Manu lol.

DAF86
01-08-2021, 01:02 AM
So you're telling me it's alright to call the Spurs a lottery team after four games but not okay to give praise to a player after eight?

It's backwards logic, man, and you know it.

Negativity rules the world.

No, neither is fine. Just chill, imho. :lol

Dejounte
01-08-2021, 01:04 AM
But if White had this stretch after 8 games, you guys would be comparing him to the Big 3. Shit, someone here once said White is the next Manu lol.

https://viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2015/06/Why-dont-we-have-both-GIF.gif

DAF86
01-08-2021, 01:05 AM

White has proven a lot more than Murray over a much longer period of time than just 8 games, tbh. If Murray is still playing this way halfway through the season, then we can start talking about a clearly improved player.

TheGreatYacht
01-08-2021, 01:07 AM
Chinook swore Fathead and Danny were good :lol that man ain’t admitting when he’s wrong..

SpurPadre
01-08-2021, 01:07 AM
White has proven a lot more than Murray over a much longer period of time than just 8 games, tbh. If Murray is still playing this way halfway through the season, then we can start talking about a clearly improved player.

White has also proven he can be benched in a Game 7 in favor of more Forbes.

SpurPadre
01-08-2021, 01:10 AM
https://viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2015/06/Why-dont-we-have-both-GIF.gif

I want both to succeed and be stars but I swear Spur fans here give way more leeway to White.

DAF86
01-08-2021, 01:11 AM
I want both to succeed and be stars but I swear Spur fans here give way more leeway to White.

It's not more leeway. White has simply proven to be the far better player so far. Why is that so hard to see for you?

Do you think we, Spurs fans, prefer White over Murray just because of his face or something? Or maybe, just maybe, contribution to the team has something to do with it? :lol

SpurPadre
01-08-2021, 01:13 AM
It's not more lleway. White has simply proven to be the far better player so far. Why is that so hard to see for you?

Show me the stats that bear that out.

RC_Drunkford
01-08-2021, 01:13 AM

that‘s such a dumb take. If you watch the games you can clearly see the improvements.

DAF86
01-08-2021, 01:23 AM
Show me the stats that bear that out.

White - OBPM: 0.4 / DBPM: 0.7 / BPM: 1.1 / VORP: 2.8

Murray - OBPM: -1.5 / DBPM: 1.4 / BPM: -0.1 / VORP: 1.9

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-08-2021, 01:23 AM
I like White and I like Murray and want them both to succeed, but it's definitely true that ST gives Murray a way shorter leish. Murray has improved a lot after that devastating injury he had and let's not forget he was drafted much younger. He was the same age last season as White's rookie season. Murray is unlikely to be an all star but theoretically he's a perfect fit as a defensive PG who's improving his shooting. His contract also isn't as bad as some people would have you believe.

Chinook
01-08-2021, 01:24 AM
This isn't just about the shots going in and you know it. You want to twist DJ into something he'll never be to set expectations for him that he'll never meet so you can justify not ever being wrong about him. It doesn't pay to be that edgy.

Um, so that's literally the opposite of what I'm doing. You and I have talked enough to where I don't see how you are unclear on my position. I don't a high bar for Murray. If anything, I set a low bar for Murray and want him to stay under that bar. I want him to stay within a role that I think maximizes his value to a team. He moves outside of that role, and I don't think that's helpful. Him having success in some games doesn't change that belief. Now if he's going to be 18-24 ppg on good efficiency, then what can you do? But I'd rather him get 12-15 on much fewer possessions

DAF86
01-08-2021, 01:26 AM
that‘s such a dumb take. If you watch the games you can clearly see the improvements.

I've seen a lot of games where Murray seems like he has taken a step forward, only to take 2 back. I will say that some of these improvements do feel like are here to stay, but easy, let's just take a bit more time. Don't be so Spurstalksy and let's just tone it down with the overreactions.

RC_Drunkford
01-08-2021, 01:28 AM
I've seen a lot of games where Murray seems like he has taken a step forward, only to take 2 back. I will say that some of these improvements do feel like are here to stay, but easy, let's just take a bit more time. Don't be so Spurstalksy and let's just tone it down with the overreactions.

maybe playmaking wise we will need a larger sample size, but his finishing at the rim has gotten so much better, it’s ridiculous. He’s the most efficient scorer in the paint on the entire team. Gotta give him some credit for that.

rankingtear
01-08-2021, 01:32 AM
80% at the rim while still having trouble putting on weight. If his 3 point shooting normalizes he will hit the TS contract benchmark.

tim_duncan_fan
01-08-2021, 01:38 AM

It's not anyone else's fault he is very up and down. We legitimately don't know how he will play next game.

Dude was awesome tonight though for sure.

Chinook
01-08-2021, 01:50 AM
A lot of STers have short memories, at least when it comes to my takes (and why would anyone keep up with those?). I was the guy who simultaneously argued that Murray should be benched and that SA was lucky to sign him to his extension. This forum has a real problem where they want to trade away bad players but somehow get value for them. The concept of a player being good but also being on the trade block doesn't make sense to folks with that world view. I did and do believe Murray's defense is overrated, but I've never doubted his ability to help a team, and for clubs that fit him like GS and ATL, I've said SA needed to get a high price in a trade. Trying to reduce my view to saying that Murray is a bad player or that he can't learn to hit the shots he takes is disingenuous, and while I don't expect folks to keep a catalog of my takes, it shouldn't be too much to ask to know my views on things I'm getting called out for.

Not all that said, STers with even longer memories know I was also skeptical of Leonard's rise. It wasn't as bad as certain posters claimed, but I thought he'd be more in the Iggy/Horford tier than a superstar. Even when he was clearly good, I still did not like the offense led by him. Truth be told, I still don't like watching Kawhi-led offense, even though he's a way better play-maker now than he was back then. So I've been wrong before, spectacularly, and would love to be wrong in a similar way here. I have my biases and preferences just like everyone else, and I'm usually will to (exhaustingly) go over them to anyone who wants to know about them. I tend not to gloat when I'm right or hide when I'm wrong, and I'm inclined to take the long view on things that are supposed to take time. We'll see where this goes with Murray, Johnson and any of the other young'uns.

SpurPadre
01-08-2021, 01:51 AM
White - OBPM: 0.4 / DBPM: 0.7 / BPM: 1.1 / VORP: 2.8

Murray - OBPM: -1.5 / DBPM: 1.4 / BPM: -0.1 / VORP: 1.9

Alright, you got me with those numbers but those are a little skewed and need further context when you factor White is 2 years older, came in to the league more NBA ready, and didn't lose a whole year due to injury. You also have to factor the intangibles like leadership and I think Murray has shown to be more of a team leader. And then, if you go a bit further into stats and use Per 36 numbers, they're quite comparable. As far as who has the higher ceiling, that has to go to Murray with White having the higher floor. But I'm not going to devolve and turn this into a White vs. Murray thing. I just think they both need to be treated on an equal playing field from the fans and both given their proper due.

DeRozan m8
01-08-2021, 03:20 AM
Everyone in that game did horrible. Weird way to single out a player tells me you only looked at the box score.

Lol don't get defensive...I singled him out in a thread that's literally about him hahaha

Hes also Mr inconsistency

buttsR4rebounding
01-08-2021, 05:55 AM
Lol don't get defensive...I singled him out in a thread that's literally about him hahaha

Hes also Mr inconsistency

On another note: this game increased LAs trade value. The center position was at least a push. I personally think the Spurs are a playoff team this year and he ends up staying the whole season, but if not I guarantee you that several GMs took note of this performance.

rjv
01-08-2021, 12:06 PM
Chinook is just like the rest of us. A fan with no professional experience with basketball and lots of opinions. He's going to be right sometimes and he's going to be wrong sometimes. Just like the rest of us.

poopbox
01-08-2021, 02:39 PM

You hate his role ? What role is he playing ? Does that role need to exist ? If it doesn't, what role needs to exist in it's place ?

poopbox
01-08-2021, 02:43 PM
On another note: this game increased LAs trade value. The center position was at least a push. I personally think the Spurs are a playoff team this year and he ends up staying the whole season, but if not I guarantee you that several GMs took note of this performance.

This whole increase / decrease trade value thing is mostly a myth. Teams that like LMA and would trade for him would do so even if he played poorly, they would just blame his poor play on the spurs. Teams that don't like him are not going to see him play well for x amount of games and then suddenly want to trade for him. They are going to say "we didn't like him for X reason and 40 good games isn't going to change that."

Only when a player goes through a pretty extreme transformation will it really change the perception of the player around the league. Like playing Derozan at the 4 AND him shooting more 3's while taking less shots overall AND having his assist and assist to turnover ratio go up is starting to turn heads, because he spent his career being the opposite of that guy...a ball stopping scorer who scored mostly from the midrange. If Derozan keeps playing like this he WILL generate some interest from teams who would not have wanted him before, due to his entire playstyle changing.

r0drig0lac
01-08-2021, 02:46 PM
This whole increase / decrease trade value thing is mostly a myth. Teams that like LMA and would trade for him would do so even if he played poorly, they would just blame his poor play on the spurs. Teams that don't like him are not going to see him play well for x amount of games and then suddenly want to trade for him. They are going to say "we didn't like him for X reason and 40 good games isn't going to change that."

Only when a player goes through a pretty extreme transformation will it really change the perception of the player around the league. Like playing Derozan at the 4 AND him shooting more 3's while taking less shots overall AND having his assist and assist to turnover ratio go up is starting to turn heads, because he spent his career being the opposite of that guy...a ball stopping scorer who scored mostly from the midrange. If Derozan keeps playing like this he WILL generate some interest from teams who would not have wanted him before, due to his entire playstyle changing.

this

itzsoweezee
01-08-2021, 03:19 PM
All nba players are capable of good games once in a while. What separates good players from players that are average/below average is consistency.

Also, Dejounte still can't dribble and still doesn't know what to do with the ball unless he's taking it to the basket or taking a shot.

Dex
01-08-2021, 03:23 PM
Chinook is just like the rest of us. A fan with no professional experience with basketball and lots of opinions. He's going to be right sometimes and he's going to be wrong sometimes. Just like the rest of us.

Get these reasonable opinions out of here. I've played pickup ball before so obviously I know what it's like to defend LeBron James.

rjv
01-08-2021, 03:25 PM
Get these reasonable opinions out of here. I've played pickup ball before so obviously I know what it's like to defend LeBron James.

:rollin

J_Paco
01-08-2021, 05:41 PM

Really, you can say that about most of the board (that idiot TMCST or whatever the fuck is another example) that wanted him gone after his first full season back recovering from ACL surgery.

I just think ST likes to get down on players (and Pop) for the LOL's or because they assume "someone better is out there."

Really, bitching about a 29th pick, coming off a serious injury, when most 29th picks (minus White, Murray & Johnson, who were all selected by SA) have washed out of the league in recent history.

The expectations and what people saw him as never jived with reality.

J_Paco
01-08-2021, 05:53 PM

Wrong, both are pretty "unproven" commodities and neither has truly broken out.

Yes, White is the best amongst the young players, has the best feel for the game, but he was playing like dog shit (IMO) prior to the NBA Bubble. He was just as disappointing as DeJounte, yet him breaking out in the Bubble made most of ST ignore that fact.

Shit, prior to the Bubble and this early part of the season, I was down and/or disappointed in all the young guards minus Keldon (most unproven)

Yet, I had enough sense in my head not to call them bums, shit or any other petty name calling cause development/growth is a process. Plus, Pop definitely wasn't putting them in the best position to either improve or fail.

Now, my outlook on all of them has changed and I think all of them can have long, viable careers in the NBA. Consistency, healthy and assertiveness is now the key to one of them "unlocking" some star potential.

Dejounte
01-08-2021, 05:53 PM
Really, you can say that about most of the board (that idiot TMCST or whatever the fuck is another example) that wanted him gone after his first full season back recovering from ACL surgery.

I just think ST likes to get down on players (and Pop) for the LOL's or because they assume "someone better is out there."

Really, bitching about a 29th pick, coming off a serious injury, when most 29th picks (minus White, Murray & Johnson, who were all selected by SA) have washed out of the league in recent history.

The expectations and what people saw him as never jived with reality.

If we view ST like we view the general public and we use the happiness index to gauge overall opinion around here, we would find unsurprisingly find that half or more people are not happy. Why are people not happy? It is because of our desires; the more desires we have, the least we are happy. It's been proven statistically that most of our desires, when attained, never give us true fulfillment.

TLDR: It's human nature to feel like there are things outside of our reach that will fill the void in our lives (or in this case, on the Spurs roster)

Dex
01-08-2021, 05:55 PM
DJ may be the most oscillating play the Spurs have had in quite some time.

If the kid has a couple bad games....DJ BAD, TRADE HIM! HE'S NOT A POINT GUARD!

Puts together a few good games...PLAYER OF THE FUTURE, HAND HIM THE KEYS!

Let's let the guy get through what is, realistically, his 3rd real season (and 2nd with any real responsibility) and then make an educated guess here.

Seventyniner
01-08-2021, 05:57 PM
If we view ST like we view the general public and we use the happiness index to gauge overall opinion around here, we would find unsurprisingly find that half or more people are not happy. Why are people not happy? It is because of our desires; the more desires we have, the least we are happy. It's been proven statistically that most of our desires, when attained, never give us true fulfillment.

TLDR: It's human nature to feel like there are things outside of our reach that will fill the void in our lives (or in this case, on the Spurs roster)

I just go with the classic equation Happiness = Reality - Expectations. The ones that are unhappy are the ones whose expectations are not being met. The thing is, the ones they blame (the players/coaches/front office) cannot be held liable for the inflated expectations of an outside party.

r0drig0lac
01-08-2021, 06:00 PM
Wrong, both are pretty "unproven" commodities and neither has truly broken out.

Yes, White is the best amongst the young players, has the best feel for the game, but he was playing like dog shit (IMO) prior to the NBA Bubble. He was just as disappointing as DeJounte, yet him breaking out in the Bubble made most of ST ignore that fact.

exact

J_Paco
01-08-2021, 06:03 PM

Good point, but you could also wind up like the Bulls, Kings, Suns or Knicks of the league. Pining for stars and going through an endless cycle of coaches, players & general managers.

And I still think DeJounte can do even better when a healthy Derrick is back and rolling. Then he can play an ancillary role to Derrick & DeMar as a playmaker/ballhandler.

Dejounte
01-08-2021, 06:12 PM
Good point, but you could also wind up like the Bulls, Kings, Suns or Knicks of the league. Pining for stars and going through an endless cycle of coaches, players & general managers.

And I still think DeJounte can do even better when a healthy Derrick is back and rolling. Then he can play an ancillary role to Derrick & DeMar as a playmaker/ballhandler.

Perspective is lost on these people. It's why you have so much conflict in this world. You're never going to convince everyone is a life lesson I've learned.

tbdog
01-08-2021, 06:24 PM
I like Chinook's post more than any other poster. He was nearly convincing me that Murray has to go. I felt that his bubble wasn't as good as people thought, mainly as a decision maker and White was clearly the better point. But I also felt that Murray would be a later bloomer. I knew if he just had a dependable 3, he would be at worse Beverly. He is putting it together now. His 3 is now dependable. He has an in-between game that will get better. He is now finishing at the rim. All those other little things will come.

As for the fit, we didn't see enough of White and Murray to just think it will go either way. For whatever reason, Pop didn't use them until the bubble.

Chinook
01-08-2021, 06:31 PM

The issue is that all of those teams with the exception of the Knicks perhaps have struggled in large part because they get young players who aren't bad, max them out and then give them the keys. That's now how you build a winning team. None of those teams are looking at the current Spurs with envy, though I do think they should. I agree folks should be happier with what we're seeing from the crop of players they currently have. Young guys and older players are all playing well from night to night. I think this might by my favorite team since 2017-2018. But that doesn't mean that we should look at Murray and White and think the team is in a better position than SAC with Fox, PHX with Booker/Ayton or even CHI with Lavine/Markkennen.

DeRozan m8
01-08-2021, 06:33 PM
Perspective is lost on these people. It's why you have so much conflict in this world. You're never going to convince everyone is a life lesson I've learned.

Yeah you make a good point.

Once Jordan and Co left, the Bulls have been nothing....

Timmy is our Jordan....
Manu and Parker the Co...

Down Under
01-08-2021, 08:38 PM
I want to see Murray play with DD & White - 2 consistent shot creators, where he doesn't have to initiate much himself. I like Murray in transition, as a pullup shooter, spot up shooter & attacking closeouts. But it's hard to see him ever being a half court initiator.

rankingtear
01-09-2021, 10:53 AM
A lot of STers have short memories, at least when it comes to my takes (and why would anyone keep up with those?). I was the guy who simultaneously argued that Murray should be benched and that SA was lucky to sign him to his extension. This forum has a real problem where they want to trade away bad players but somehow get value for them. The concept of a player being good but also being on the trade block doesn't make sense to folks with that world view. I did and do believe Murray's defense is overrated, but I've never doubted his ability to help a team, and for clubs that fit him like GS and ATL, I've said SA needed to get a high price in a trade. Trying to reduce my view to saying that Murray is a bad player or that he can't learn to hit the shots he takes is disingenuous, and while I don't expect folks to keep a catalog of my takes, it shouldn't be too much to ask to know my views on things I'm getting called out for.

Not all that said, STers with even longer memories know I was also skeptical of Leonard's rise. It wasn't as bad as certain posters claimed, but I thought he'd be more in the Iggy/Horford tier than a superstar. Even when he was clearly good, I still did not like the offense led by him. Truth be told, I still don't like watching Kawhi-led offense, even though he's a way better play-maker now than he was back then. So I've been wrong before, spectacularly, and would love to be wrong in a similar way here. I have my biases and preferences just like everyone else, and I'm usually will to (exhaustingly) go over them to anyone who wants to know about them. I tend not to gloat when I'm right or hide when I'm wrong, and I'm inclined to take the long view on things that are supposed to take time. We'll see where this goes with Murray, Johnson and any of the other young'uns.

I've talked about why I think Walker is a better candidate to keep that Murray in a lot of places, even in this thread, I think. A short rehash is that Murray doesn't really have skills that win basketball games besides rebounding. He's not a good shooter, an overrated defender, a horrible driver and facilitator. He's an energy player, and his first year-and-a-half in the league he played that role pretty well. But he basically developed really badly and picked up relatively useless skills like a mid-range pull-up rather than a reliable set-shot from three. It makes it so his only path to build on his skills is to dominate the ball, and he's just not good at it.

Chinook
01-09-2021, 11:27 AM
But the reason they should look to trade Murray is because he's the most expendable and the team has needs, not because he sucks and people don't want to keep looking at him.

People need to recalibrate what it means to trade a player. It's not a punishment. You don't trade bad players. You trade to get something, not to get rid of something.

It's crazy how much ST has swung on Murray. There was a time when I was dying on a hill of "Murray's defense is overrated". I went back and read through some of those threads just now. It was an ocean of people saying he was a mini-Kawhi. It was exhausting at the time, but I do feel vindicated somewhat. I wish I'd been wrong though. As I've said before, the biggest issue is Murray's attitude. His production is overrated, but it's still fine and could be really good with the right role. But he has never seemed willing to do that, even when he was a rookie. He always seemed to think success would just fall to him. Like sure, he'd "work" and reach that level on his own, but it'd be like a Rocky montage where he would inevitably over the course of some pre-determined steps get to the top of that staircase.

But no, he's been too meta about this from the start. He was talking about how he had graduated from the d-league after his first true call-up. He kept framing his benchings as a process young players go through. He always focused on the flashy things rather than the fundamental things. And it sucks. I wish he was right and was basically De'Aaron Fox or SGA right now. I wish his swagger and loyalty were the start of a movement. But he's not, and it's not, and they won't be. He needs a fresh start, hopefully from a place that values him and has something SA wants. Atlanta is a good option, as is GS. I don't really think Detroit is, but they might be able to use him. The Spurs need to move on, because it seems like the relationship is on the verge of turning cancerous. He's totally a wolf held by the ears right now.

Lilterally the three quotes from me immediately proceeding the one you pulled up, in their full context. So to suggest that I meant he didn't have the ability to help a team is wrong.

rankingtear
01-09-2021, 11:49 AM
Watched all games and noticed that the start of 2nd and 4th quarter lineups wins us the games. Looked it up and it has a Net Rating of 47.6 almost double the Derozan led one at 27.6. Pretty impactful rebounding for Murray.

poopbox
01-09-2021, 06:15 PM
Chinook in here arguing with his own post about Murray pretty much sums up spurstalk in a nutshell :lol

Sugus
01-09-2021, 11:31 PM

Have you ever watched Evangelion, my guy, by any chance? You're on some psychological analysis here, lmao

Obi Juan Kenobi
01-09-2021, 11:48 PM
I'd like to chime in on this since we're having a psychological discussion here...

When the Spurs won their most recent title in 2014, I of course was excited af as I'm sure here on the board was (or at least I hope so). I was soaking everything in from the Game 5 victory: the highlights, the analyst remarks, the presenting of the Larry O'Brien and that iconic photo of the Spurs players cloaked in their national flags...all good stuff...However, once the special coverage of the Spurs clinching victory that night was over and it went back to regular programming, a sense of emptiness began to overtake me. The 2014 season was now officially over, and yes while I thoroughly enjoyed the evening, I couldn't help but still feel that feeling of emptiness since now there was going to be no more Spurs basketball for awhile. Yes, the team had become champions, but the season was still over, a little different than the other 29 teams in the league since our team was the last one standing, but even the season for the champion Spurs was now over...

The point I'm trying to make is that since then, I've learned to not just enjoy the championship itself, but you have to enjoy the journey along the way. Embrace the highs and the lows, the victories and the losses. Its all part of the experience of being a sports fan. Yes, these last few years have been extremely frustrating, but I've still tried to enjoy the good moments in any Spurs game, because they're our team. Enjoy this for what it is, life is way to short to be bitter, angry, or over analytical to the point where you can't even enjoy a wild victory like tonight's game because certain players weren't perfect the way you or some advanced stat metric would say. Enjoy being a fan for what it is...that's my .02

TheGreatYacht
01-09-2021, 11:51 PM
He's better right now than White ever was.

Dejounte
01-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Have you ever watched Evangelion, my guy, by any chance? You're on some psychological analysis here, lmao

I have. The last episode left a bad taste in my mouth... though it was the only episode where it didn't have 100% of my attention.

Sugus
01-10-2021, 08:45 PM
I have. The last episode left a bad taste in my mouth... though it was the only episode where it didn't have 100% of my attention.

Lol, only the last episode, and not the movie? Yeah, that tv ending was something else. I'm actually surprised to hear a "yes", good shit my guy

BackHome
01-10-2021, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=SpurPadre;10395770]I just don't think there's enough sample size that shows Derrick would be a much better starter to maximize the team's potential. When it comes to leadership qualities, none of young players can match Murray's. He's definitely a leader and you want that in your starting PG.[/QUOTE

OMG Murray is not a PG not hating but he has problems keeping his dribble alive much less breaking people’s ankles and crossing peeps on his way to the basket.

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2021, 11:11 PM
It’s time for the gawk gawk 3000 tbh

DAF86
02-08-2021, 11:13 PM
It’s time for the gawk gawk 3000 tbh

We can safely start sucking each other's dick son.

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2021, 11:19 PM
We can safely start sucking each other's dick son.
:lol

PrimeMinister
02-08-2021, 11:24 PM
yeah. DJ is a star. the consistency is what will elevate him even higher.

Dejounte
02-08-2021, 11:27 PM
yeah. DJ is a star. the consistency is what will elevate him even higher.

https://twitter.com/KSATRJ/status/1358995213545598980

PrimeMinister
02-08-2021, 11:29 PM
https://twitter.com/KSATRJ/status/1358995213545598980

Ha! not a bad take, huh?