PDA

View Full Version : What will the Church of Manu do if....

50 cent
11-10-2005, 02:42 PM
...Tony Parker makes the ASG this year and Manu does not? :smokin

There seems to be a created rivalry between these 2 (for what reason I do not know) for the Argentenians.

Here's to hoping TP can keep it up and Manu can get healthy and be his normal self!

Marcus Bryant
11-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Well, Manu should be resting right now. But I guess that's what you get when you're only carrying 4 swingmen...

Ginofan
11-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Congratulate Tony? People make out this "rivalry" to be bigger than it really is.

cheguevara
11-10-2005, 02:46 PM
We don't care. We know what Manu can do in the playoffs. Just win baby!!!

1Parker1
11-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Shit, I don't know what the Church of Manu will do.....

....But The Church of Tony will certainly be gloating and flaunting

:smokin

timvp
11-10-2005, 02:48 PM
"Why does Tony Parker not pass you the ball?" asked one reporter. "To Argentina, he is the antichrist."

1Parker1
:lmao BTW, I hope people realize that I am joking around with this whole Church of Tony crap. I love MANU...I don't think he's the Anti-Christ out to ruin Tony...really I don't.

:angel

1Parker1
"Why does Tony Parker not pass you the ball?" asked one reporter. "To Argentina, he is the antichrist."

Damn Timvp, you beat me by 5 seconds!

woodseed
11-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Do we have a Church of Timmy?

1Parker1
11-10-2005, 02:50 PM

:lol No.

Hey you should start one! Put it in your signature...:)

nkdlunch
11-10-2005, 02:50 PM

is this the same reporter that says Argentina thinks Maradona is God? :lol

nkdlunch
11-10-2005, 02:52 PM
99.9% of the Church of Manu will be happy for Tony!

Personally, I hope Manu doesn't make the allstar. I do hope he becomes a monster again in the playoffs and we get another championship

1Parker1
11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
On a Side Note: All these threads praising and gushing Tony Parker and comparing him to every elite player in the league (See Parker>Lebron, Parker>Billups, Parker>Arenas threads) is a little unnerving. I'm used to all the bashing and having to defend his weaknesses.

All you posters who are praising him right now better not start 20 threads the day he has a bad game saying Trade Parker! :) No flip-flopping.

ChumpDumper
11-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Well, Manu should be resting right now. But I guess that's what you get when you're only carrying 4 swingmen...Guess the HoltHate has left you unable to count.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-10-2005, 02:58 PM
...Tony Parker makes the ASG this year and Manu does not? :smokin

There seems to be a created rivalry between these 2 (for what reason I do not know) for the Argentenians.

Here's to hoping TP can keep it up and Manu can get healthy and be his normal self!
You all know how I think. I'm damn tired of the same bullshit threads trying to pick a fight. This is a stupid thread. If Tony goes to the ASG this year and Manu doesn't I'll be thrilled for Tony and sad for Manu, that is all.

Marcus Bryant
11-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Guess the HoltHate has left you unable to count.

Not really. I was referring to the start of the season. Right now the Spurs have 3, if that was what you were insinuating. I don't see Ginobili getting much of a rest in the near term.

ChumpDumper
11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
So you're asking to carry six.

Marcus Bryant
11-10-2005, 03:15 PM
How many played last night?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-10-2005, 03:19 PM

Yes, I am senior vice executive..

manubili
11-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I'll be dissapointed and sad, but I'll never change my religion.

MiNuS
11-10-2005, 03:36 PM
He's French. He's burning the court up with his play.

TMTTRIO
11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I'll be happy for Tony if he makes it :). If Manu doesn't make it it's not a big deal to me. We all know what he can do especially in the playoffs and he doesn't have to be in a game like that for us to know what he can do. The only thing I'm concerned more than ever right now is that he gets healthy because we're going to need him later on.

Manu20
11-10-2005, 03:51 PM
I will be extremely happy and proud when Parker makes the ASG this year :).

ShoogarBear
11-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Part of the reason Tony's stats are so good is that, except for Tim, nobody else is playing all that well right now.

I expect Tony's stats to go down because a) he can't shoot this well all year, and b) when the other players start contributing they'll have to be more involved in the offense.

When he inevitably has a bit of a slump and the usual Tony-haters come out, we'll have to bump this thread to remind them of the stretch when Tony carried them team.

GoSpurs21
11-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, Manu should be resting right now. But I guess that's what you get when you're only carrying 4 swingmen...I'm just glad Manu is not as gutless as some of the anti-Holt so called Spurs fans

Manu's heart is what keeps him in the line up despite Pop wanting to rest him, but clueless others will find a pathetic way to blame Holt for it.

ALVAREZ6
11-10-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't give a fuck as long as we repeat.

samikeyp
11-10-2005, 06:35 PM
The Church of Manu wants championships. They don't care about individual honors.

Passage 1:1 in the Book of Manu....

"Tis the Championship for which we strive..only the Championship matters..it is the beginning, the end and all in between....for He who calls himself Manu deems it"

There endeth the lesson.

spurschick
11-10-2005, 07:06 PM
If I remember correctly, there were some GMs and coaches that were surprised that Tony didn't make the AS team last year. If the first team wasn't based on fan voting, we might see more Spurs overall.

The Church of Manu is based on the team concept embraced by their patron saint. If Tony makes the AS team and Manu doesn't, we will be thrilled that another teammate was chosen.

smeagol
11-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Need I repeat what many (if not all) the Members of my Church have stated in this thread?

All I will say is that Tony is the shit right now, and I'm happy for him, but happier for the Spurs. Without him we would not be 4-1.

As for Manu, he is in a terrible slump. Maybe it's the thigh, or maybe it's just that he is not playing well. Hope he snaps out of it.

ShoogarBear
11-11-2005, 02:20 AM
The Church of Manu wants championships. They don't care about individual honors.

Bullshit. Remember what happened when Pop decided to bring him off the bench in the Denver series last year?

smeagol
11-11-2005, 05:39 AM
Bullshit. Remember what happened when Pop decided to bring him off the bench in the Denver series last year?
That's not the entire Church but just a vocal minority.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2005, 05:54 AM
trade parker of course, i dont care if his doin well this season....TRADE HIM NOW.

Athenea
11-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Get over it, Shoo. :rolleyes
U think Pop was right and I think he did wrong. If not why Manu was reinserted in the starting position?
I don't see why ppl have to apologize to the TRUE Spurs fans like you.
And on subject, I think getting TP in the ASG is a necessity for the Spurs. He got no respect from the referees last POffs especially in the Suns series. Amare leveled him so many times that I lost track.

batman2883
11-11-2005, 09:40 AM
can i please be apart of the congregation i'm the biggest manu fan that has possibly ever lived :)

50 cent
11-11-2005, 10:49 AM

"Tis the Championship for which we strive..only the Championship matters..it is the beginning, the end and all in between....for He who calls himself Manu deems it"

There endeth the lesson.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

ShoogarBear
11-11-2005, 11:21 AM
In the interests of team play, I will not actually go back and pull up those embarrassing threads from the Denver series, where we can see the names of those who clearly had priorities of Manu first, team second.

You're welcome.

Ginofan
11-11-2005, 11:43 AM
In the interests of team play, I will not actually go back and pull up those embarrassing threads from the Denver series, where we can see the names of those who clearly had priorities of Manu first, team second.

You're welcome.

I did it anyway :lol Manu Bench Thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14484&highlight=Denver+Manu+Bench)

50 cent
11-11-2005, 12:04 PM

You're welcome.
Yeah, it does appear that much of the congregation of the Church of Manu was very concerned about Manu instead of the Spurs. :smokin

smeagol
11-11-2005, 12:15 PM
I went through the thread (well I got tired right about page 8 or 9) and aside from a certain lady who went crazy, I don't see many others saying Manu first, team second (proly Hendrix was the other)

My point, for some time now, has been what's best for Manu is best for the team. I would rather see Manu play like he did against Denver coming of the bench than how he is playing these last five games, starting. The issue is he can play well (as he did the rest of the playoffs), starting, but I simply don’t give a shit. Whatever makes Manu play at the top of his game, I’ll take it.

There is clearly something wrong with him because aside from the game with CHI, he has been playing like shit. The percentage of points coming off layups must bee 20% or less! That’s crazy! And his intensity has not been there either.

So if for whatever crazy reason, coming off the bench is the answer, let him come off the bench. What’s good for Manu is good for the Spurs.

spurschick
11-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I went through the thread (well I got tired right about page 8 or 9) and aside from a certain lady who went crazy, I don't see many others saying Manu first, team second.

Yeah, it looks like it evolved into a race thread. I also think that the initial reaction had to do with not understanding why the change was made.

beirmeistr
11-11-2005, 01:16 PM

There endeth the lesson.
PRICELESS

batman2883
11-11-2005, 01:26 PM
god damn it can i be in the church of manu??

Ginofan
11-11-2005, 01:44 PM

I believe they stopped accepting mexicans.

nkdlunch
11-11-2005, 01:59 PM
All seem valid points. Who cares if Manu starts at the bench. Everyone knows he is the second most important piece to this team.
Tim = Queen
Manu = Rook
Parker = Knight
Everyone else = Pawn

that's my post from that old thread ^ So don't go and generalizing Manu beleivers.

spurschick
11-11-2005, 03:01 PM

You don't need to be voted in or anything. You just need to be faithful to our patron saint and stick with him in good times and bad.

batman2883
11-11-2005, 03:17 PM
You don't need to be voted in or anything. You just need to be faithful to our patron saint and stick with him in good times and bad.
Trust me that is all i do, manu is the man and i have never once doubted him since the moment he doned the silver and black for the first time. Manu is the only player from the spurs i have ever had undenying loyalty, he's magnificant, and unique. When he has bad nights, i know the next day he will bounce back and drop 40 points on people.......manu=greatness
batman=greatness what a great combination

nkdlunch
11-11-2005, 04:40 PM

practicing the ritual of the sacred flop is one way to enter the church my young friend. Once you master this ritual, come back and we might consider letting u into our congregation.

batman2883
11-11-2005, 04:48 PM
i mastered the flop ages ago

nkdlunch
11-11-2005, 06:10 PM
i mastered the flop ages ago

my friend you are ready for step 2. Embrace your neighbor as if he were Manu:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_620/SPURS-PISTONS-G7-1.jpg

1Parker1
11-11-2005, 06:31 PM

Sorry, no men in tights are allowed into the Church of Manu.

(Or so I've heard :oops )

1Parker1
11-11-2005, 06:32 PM
my friend you are ready for step 2. Embrace your neighbor as if he were Manu:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_620/SPURS-PISTONS-G7-1.jpg

:lol That's a funny pic of them, I forgot about it.