PDA

View Full Version : Strongly considering moving to Michigan this spring, in honor of ChumpDumper

Millennial_Messiah
01-09-2021, 02:54 PM
Great people, BEAUTIFUL scenery/trees/lakes, amazing autumns, great outdoors/fishing, booming tech scene, beautiful weather, beautiful women, easy access to Indiana, not too far from Chicago, a few hours drive to Detroit metro or Columbus... seems like the perfect place for me. Also a purple state where my vote will actually count (provided there is no fraud like 2020, of course).

Too bad ChumpDumper will forever remain an "Alleged Michigander", tbh. :cry But as for me? I'm gonna make it happen this spring. I'm FINALLY going to get the fuck out of Texas, once and for all.

#GTFOTexass2021

Xevious
01-09-2021, 09:03 PM
Make sure you take your fat wife and retarded child with you.

Millennial_Messiah
01-09-2021, 09:07 PM

Fuck you asshole. My wife is a supermodel. My daughter is currently a screaming cry baby but she's going to be a normal, healthy, strong, intelligent, beautiful, wonderful supermodel, an amazing young lady just like her mother.

BD24
01-09-2021, 09:19 PM
:lol

Millennial_Messiah
01-09-2021, 10:00 PM

So funny, I forgot to laugh. Asshole.

ElNono
01-09-2021, 10:45 PM

Bynumite
01-09-2021, 10:53 PM
Aren't you an oil driller, OP?

Millennial_Messiah
01-09-2021, 10:54 PM
Aren't you an oil driller, OP?

haha, colder than the north pole

Chucho
01-11-2021, 01:08 PM
:rollin

Millennial_Messiah
01-11-2021, 05:29 PM
Chucho sucks

Blake
01-11-2021, 05:48 PM
But do they have Arby's

Millennial_Messiah
01-11-2021, 05:59 PM
But do they have Arby's

Way more than in SA or Texas cities in general.

https://i.imgur.com/cbfgGrQ.jpg

Millennial_Messiah
01-11-2021, 06:01 PM
Paging ChumpDumper ChumpDumper ChumpDumper

SpursforSix
01-12-2021, 12:35 PM
Way more than in SA or Texas cities in general.

I'm calling bullshit on that.

Edit....I'm sure you'll qualify your statement.

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 12:37 PM
I'm calling bullshit on that.

Arbys had 3 locations in SA up until 2010. A 1.3 million city.

SpursforSix
01-12-2021, 12:43 PM

You mentioned Texas cities. I can almost guarantee I've passed more Arby's than that in the Fort Worth area.
And I always notice them because every single time, I think, "how do they stay in business?".

SpursforSix
01-12-2021, 12:45 PM

But real talk...you ever wonder how Arby's makes it? And what they're serving?
Do you think that it could have caused your kid's retardedness?

TimDunkem
01-12-2021, 12:47 PM
^:lol I always think the same thing when I pass an Arby's.

TimDunkem
01-12-2021, 12:48 PM
20 Arby's in the SA area.

How in the world...?

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 12:57 PM
20 Arby's in the SA area.

How in the world...?

They've really built them up in the past 10 years. There's now one within walking distance of my childhood home on the Far West side. In childhood, if I wanted Arby's, I had to go all the way to the one on Military near US-90.

SpursforSix
01-12-2021, 12:58 PM

LOL. For real. I actually go to Arby's a couple of times a year. And when I go, there's no one there. In the restaurant or the drive thru line. Maybe a person or two.
But at lunch time?

And the food is always good comparatively to other fast food places.

So I'm always left wondering, where the fuck are they cutting corners and what the fuck did I just eat.

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 12:58 PM

They're in business because they serve a unique product with unique flavors.

I always wonder how all the burger chains stay in business considering it;s a supersaturated market, tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 01:00 PM
LOL. For real. I actually go to Arby's a couple of times a year. And when I go, there's no one there. In the restaurant or the drive thru line. Maybe a person or two.
But at lunch time?

So I'm always left wondering, where the fuck are they cutting corners and what the fuck did I just eat.

Because it's unique. They have a solid customer base and lower operating expenses than the average fast food chain. Similar to In N Out, there is less variety, so lower food waste overhead

Millennial_Messiah

SpursforSix
They've really built them up in the past 10 years. There's now one within walking distance of my childhood home on the Far West side. In childhood, if I wanted Arby's, I had to go all the way to the one on Military near US-90.

I bet in your childhood, if you ever wanted Arby's, your whore mom would suck dicks for a Classic Roast Beef.

TimDunkem
01-12-2021, 01:03 PM
Back in the 90s - and the last time I ever ate Arby's - the only one I knew of was on Culebra near Tezel. Can't remember if it's where the Wendy's is now, but it was around that area. Props to Arby's for finally making it though.

TimDunkem
01-12-2021, 01:06 PM
But at lunch time?

Gotta admit the sammies look good on TV but everything looks good on TV. Maybe I'll try the 2 for 5 one day. :lol The roast beef just fucking traumatized me as a child. Looked horrible and was bland as fuck too. Turned me off of the place forever.

SpursforSix
01-12-2021, 01:14 PM
Gotta admit the sammies look good on TV but everything looks good on TV. Maybe I'll try the 2 for 5 one day. :lol The roast beef just fucking traumatized me as a child. Looked horrible and was bland as fuck too. Turned me off of the place forever.

Yeah...the roast beef isn't a pretty sandwich. But if you drench it in Arby's Sauce, it's good.

Off the top of my head, the sandwiches that I've had that have been good were the Chicken Cordon Bleu and the turkey sandwiches on the grain bread.
Jalapeno poppers with some kind of jelly sauce.

IDK...of the fast food restaurants, they have to be near the top in terms of taste. Regardless of what you might be eating.
But then again, I look forward to the McRib.

SpursforSix
01-12-2021, 01:17 PM
Because it's unique. They have a solid customer base and lower operating expenses than the average fast food chain. Similar to In N Out, there is less variety, so lower food waste overhead

I don't give a fuck what their operating expenses are. I have a hard time justifying just the employee hours vs. what they sell.
It's fucking lunchtime and there might be 3 customers. And they've got 3 employees that I can see. Maybe one more in the back. For them to make it, that almost can't be roast beef.

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 01:41 PM
I bet in your childhood, if you ever wanted Arby's, your whore mom would suck dicks for a Classic Roast Beef.

#MiddleSchoolMentality :td

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 01:42 PM
I don't give a fuck what their operating expenses are. I have a hard time justifying just the employee hours vs. what they sell.
It's fucking lunchtime and there might be 3 customers. And they've got 3 employees that I can see. Maybe one more in the back. For them to make it, that almost can't be roast beef.

Even if it's roast bush meat, it's fucking delicious drenched in Arbys and Horsey sauce tbh

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 01:44 PM
Back in the 90s - and the last time I ever ate Arby's - the only one I knew of was on Culebra near Tezel. Can't remember if it's where the Wendy's is now, but it was around that area. Props to Arby's for finally making it though.

That's my favorite little area of SA. Near that Guitar Center which was my spot in high school. It's a little bit on a hill. Only place to see decent fall foliage in SA, tbh.

TimDunkem
01-12-2021, 01:50 PM
That's my favorite little area of SA. Near that Guitar Center which was my spot in high school. It's a little bit on a hill. Only place to see decent fall foliage in SA, tbh.
The guitar place near the old House of Pizza (which became a brew pup AFTER I left the area and I had always wanted one within walking distance. smh)? If so, that place shut down way back, then became a cheap tux shop. Pretty sure COVID killed that off.

Blake
01-12-2021, 02:01 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/daad4457feff4de6558cdf882f8fe0e5/tenor.png

SpursforSix
01-12-2021, 02:38 PM

I can't stand those elitist bitches

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 03:08 PM
The guitar place near the old House of Pizza (which became a brew pup AFTER I left the area and I had always wanted one within walking distance. smh)? If so, that place shut down way back, then became a cheap tux shop. Pretty sure COVID killed that off.

I don't know. I haven't been to that place since 2012, so define "way back".

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 03:09 PM
oh TimDunkem, dammit you're right

Permanently closedHouse of Guitars is permanently closed. If that's wrong, you can suggest an edit.

House of Guitars

Musical instrument store in San Antonio, Texas

Address (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02ykUzOkQV6cwmQA-numZHT8eHMgw:1610482153179&q=house+of+guitars+san+antonio+address&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOPgE-LWT9c3LEnPME5JrtSSzU620s_JT04syczPgzOsElNSilKLixex qmTklxanKuSnKaSXZpYkFhUrFCfmKSTmleTnZeYrQJUBAHILMm pVAAAA&ludocid=5822081593197138779&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSyKDFmZfuAhVLF6wKHUqeB9IQ6BMwFHoECCUQA g): 6025 Tezel Rd #115, San Antonio, TX 78250

Phone (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02ykUzOkQV6cwmQA-numZHT8eHMgw:1610482153179&q=house+of+guitars+san+antonio+phone&ludocid=5822081593197138779&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSyKDFmZfuAhVLF6wKHUqeB9IQ6BMwFnoECBcQA g): (210) 682-1219 (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=house+of+guitars+san+antonio+tx#)

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 03:10 PM
oh TimDunkem, dammit you're right

Permanently closedHouse of Guitars is permanently closed. If that's wrong, you can suggest an edit.

House of Guitars

Musical instrument store in San Antonio, Texas

Address (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02ykUzOkQV6cwmQA-numZHT8eHMgw:1610482153179&q=house+of+guitars+san+antonio+address&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOPgE-LWT9c3LEnPME5JrtSSzU620s_JT04syczPgzOsElNSilKLixex qmTklxanKuSnKaSXZpYkFhUrFCfmKSTmleTnZeYrQJUBAHILMm pVAAAA&ludocid=5822081593197138779&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSyKDFmZfuAhVLF6wKHUqeB9IQ6BMwFHoECCUQA g): 6025 Tezel Rd #115, San Antonio, TX 78250

Phone (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk02ykUzOkQV6cwmQA-numZHT8eHMgw:1610482153179&q=house+of+guitars+san+antonio+phone&ludocid=5822081593197138779&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSyKDFmZfuAhVLF6wKHUqeB9IQ6BMwFnoECBcQA g): (210) 682-1219 (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=house+of+guitars+san+antonio+tx#)

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 03:12 PM
^ Such a damn shame; that place was like my other home back in my high school days. They always had all the right guitar/musical swag I needed, and performed services like tune-ups, battery replacements, string replacements etc for a much lower price than say a Sam Ash type of place would. Very friendly staff, too.

Sad to hear it's gone. :(

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 03:15 PM
Also a damn shame that I was once the greatest high school musician in all of Northside ISD and now my fingers wilt under pressure when even trying to perform a basic solo these days. :( 3 years of college with tons of newfound sex, drunken raging parties and pomping raves but no guitar practice will do that to ya.

I did appreciate the Music Practice buildings that UNT offered free to anyone on campus. Anyone could just play and practice piano for free. I ended up getting better at piano but had no access to my guitars, so that suffered quite a lot.

SpursforSix
01-12-2021, 03:16 PM
^ Such a damn shame; that place was like my other home back in my high school days. They always had all the right guitar/musical swag I needed, and performed services like tune-ups, battery replacements, string replacements etc for a much lower price than say a Sam Ash type of place would. Very friendly staff, too.

What kind of doofus can't change his own strings or replace a battery in his equipment?

TimDunkem
01-12-2021, 03:58 PM

Yeah I was disappointed when it closed. Some new places have popped up since but, for the most part, SA is a music wasteland. Really hard to find decent gear at a good price locally.

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 04:59 PM
Yeah I was disappointed when it closed. Some new places have popped up since but, for the most part, SA is a music wasteland. Really hard to find decent gear at a good price locally.

Agreed. The "best" option after that was Sam Ash across the 410 from North Star Mall but gah, that place is the definition of mediocrity. I found a better music store at a mall when I was staying in Cincinnati in 2018.

The White Rabbit was my vibe as a sophomore/junior in high school... boy I'll tell ya that.

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 05:00 PM
What kind of doofus can't change his own strings or replace a battery in his equipment?

I'm not a handyman. I play guitar, not fix guitar. Just like with computers. I'm a wizard at using the computer, but a total zero at debugging and troubleshooting.

Dirks_Finale
01-12-2021, 05:44 PM
You ever lived up north? Cold azz winters, rusted cars and the people always in a bad mood because the weather sucks. :lol

Your vote would count in Florida and the weather and scenery is great.

Great people, BEAUTIFUL scenery/trees/lakes, amazing autumns, great outdoors/fishing, booming tech scene, beautiful weather, beautiful women, easy access to Indiana, not too far from Chicago, a few hours drive to Detroit metro or Columbus... seems like the perfect place for me. Also a purple state where my vote will actually count (provided there is no fraud like 2020, of course).

Too bad ChumpDumper (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=153) will forever remain an "Alleged Michigander", tbh. :cry But as for me? I'm gonna make it happen this spring. I'm FINALLY going to get the fuck out of Texas, once and for all.

#GTFOTexass2021

Joseph Kony
01-12-2021, 05:47 PM
Fuck you asshole. My wife is a supermodel. My daughter is currently a screaming cry baby but she's going to be a normal, healthy, strong, intelligent, beautiful, wonderful supermodel, an amazing young lady just like her mother.

If your wife is that same chick you posted in the last thread then she's modeling for National Geographic :lmao

Joseph Kony
01-12-2021, 05:49 PM

that arby's has been gone for a decade tbh. it's some dirty mexican restaurant now

SpursforSix
01-12-2021, 05:50 PM
If your wife is that same chick you posted in the last thread then she's modeling for National Geographic :lmao

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 06:29 PM
You ever lived up north? Cold azz winters, rusted cars and the people always in a bad mood because the weather sucks. :lol

Your vote would count in Florida and the weather and scenery is great.

Rusted cars? Not if you have a nice garage...

North is beautiful. Fall foliage, lovely snowy winters, crisp springs, and not oppressively hot summers.

Florida? It's hot and sticky all year long, you can't open your window at night because the low temp is 79 with a heat index of 90, and you never know when (not if) the next hurricane will reduce your livelihood to a pile of wet sticks and debris.

California? The same sentence about Florida hurricanes applies to California earthquakes; it's a matter of when, not if. The weather is really nice if you live near the coast. If you live further east you might as well just live in Texas because it's hot and humid and you still have to pay 13.3% state income tax regardless of what part of CA you live in. Everything is expensive and you have ridiculous laws like no plastic bags or straws. I couldn't get used to it.

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 06:36 PM

Typical racist "liberal". No wonder why blacks are scared to move to Seattle.

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 07:07 PM

Arby's Adventure Meals were my shit as a kid. Fuck Happy Meals, tbh. Except when they had the TY beanie babies those 3 years and I had to collect at least one of each of them because I was a collector as a kid. I still have the collection, fwiw.

I think I'd replace that line with "I'm so Hungry I could eat at McDonald's", tbh. Or Applebee's, tbh. Applebees sucks ass and the meat entrees taste like cheap cardboard box frozen food from Walmart microwaved-up.

Xevious
01-12-2021, 09:16 PM
I thought the same thing. :lol Strings break. It's like changing the heads out on drums, just part of playing the instrument.

Millennial_Messiah
01-12-2021, 09:57 PM
I thought the same thing. :lol Strings break. It's like changing the heads out on drums, just part of playing the instrument.

I never played drummers but drummers were always sort of at a premium at my high school. Tons of guitarists, though I was the best. A good handful of bassists and as far as singing, everyone had their own voice. But drummers? They could pick and choose what band(s) and gig(s) to play in. They were premium cars on the lot. I always had a hard time replacing drummers in my various bands in HS

As far as strings, they don't just break unless you fuck them up by being an idiot by tuning too fast or bending way too hard etc. I've never had one break without me doing something fucking stupid.

SpursforSix
01-13-2021, 08:51 AM
I never played drummers but drummers were always sort of at a premium at my high school. Tons of guitarists, though I was the best. A good handful of bassists and as far as singing, everyone had their own voice. But drummers? They could pick and choose what band(s) and gig(s) to play in. They were premium cars on the lot. I always had a hard time replacing drummers in my various bands in HS

As far as strings, they don't just break unless you fuck them up by being an idiot by tuning too fast or bending way too hard etc. I've never had one break without me doing something fucking stupid.

Then you really didn’t play much (if at all). Strings do break. It’s not frequent but it’s certainly not never.

Millennial_Messiah
01-13-2021, 09:37 AM
Then you really didn’t play much (if at all). Strings do break. It’s not frequent but it’s certainly not never.

I play a ton on my acoustic in E-standard tuning (normal tuning) and haven't lost a string yet and I've had that guitar for over a decade. It was a very expensive Fender. Worth every penny.

I've had a few strings break on my electric guitars when tuning back up from down tuning or trying to up-tune (big mistake). I ended up replacing all 6 strings and the sound quality went down so had to replace them again. It was a bummer because the original strings sounded best, especially when down tuning. The current strings on my metallic blue squier straticaster only really work for heavy metal w/distortions. I do have amps but sometimes I like to play electric on clean mode too. It's whatever. But for day to day use, especially in quarantine, I use my ole reliable fender acoustic.

SpursforSix
01-13-2021, 10:18 AM
I play a ton on my acoustic in E-standard tuning (normal tuning) and haven't lost a string yet and I've had that guitar for over a decade. It was a very expensive Fender. Worth every penny.

I've had a few strings break on my electric guitars when tuning back up from down tuning or trying to up-tune (big mistake). I ended up replacing all 6 strings and the sound quality went down so had to replace them again. It was a bummer because the original strings sounded best, especially when down tuning. The current strings on my metallic blue squier straticaster only really work for heavy metal w/distortions. I do have amps but sometimes I like to play electric on clean mode too. It's whatever. But for day to day use, especially in quarantine, I use my ole reliable fender acoustic.

LOL wtf. You've never changed your strings in over 10 years? You're either lying or don't play much or you've been lucky (and don't give a shit about the sound).
But with all the other stuff you've posted, I'm confident you're just lying.

SpursforSix
01-13-2021, 10:20 AM

And wtf about him having to have them change out batteries? :lol I can't think of any piece of music equipment where changing out a battery is any harder than replacing them in your remote control.

Millennial_Messiah
LOL wtf. You've never changed your strings in over 10 years? You're either lying or don't play much or you've been lucky (and don't give a shit about the sound).
But with all the other stuff you've posted, I'm confident you're just lying.
Yeah, the strings don't sound perfectly "new". But with proper tuning, they sound good enough for my standards. When I'm playing songs in a different key with a capo, the difference between older and newer strings is even less noticeable.

Millennial_Messiah
And wtf about him having to have them change out batteries? :lol I can't think of any piece of music equipment where changing out a battery is any harder than replacing them in your remote control.

Guitars with the digital tuning guide

SpursforSix
01-13-2021, 10:39 AM
Guitars with the digital tuning guide

Seriously, that shit just pops out. If you actually had a guitar with a digital tuner, you'd know that.

Xevious
01-13-2021, 10:46 AM
They can and they do break. A quick youtube search will get you dudes like SRV swapping out guitars mid-song because of a broken string. It isn't common, but it happens.

Chucho
01-13-2021, 11:30 AM
Arby's is delish so far as fast food goes.

TimDunkem
01-13-2021, 11:44 AM
Andy was the best guitarist in the NISD but has rudimentary knowledge on changing his strings?

TimDunkem
01-13-2021, 11:45 AM
Shit is like a race car driver not knowing how or why he should change his tires.

Millennial_Messiah
01-13-2021, 11:53 AM
Andrew was the best guitarist in the NISD but has rudimentary knowledge on changing his strings?
Yep. I was also the top Madden MUT player for a week in spring 2018 but I wouldn't have known how to troubleshoot the PS4 to save my life.

And it's Andrew, not Andy... get it right.

Millennial_Messiah
01-13-2021, 11:57 AM
Shit is like a race car driver not knowing how or why he should change his tires.
On that note. I'm a long distance driver; rarely go over 78MPH except for going 90 in South Dakota because I could.

But yeah, when a trailer flinged out a chunk of metal junk which popped my right front tire, in eastern Louisiana near the Mississippi Delta, just a few months ago in mid October... Columbus Day in fact... I had to pay a guy $75 to change the tire to a donut. An additional $85 at a Walmart in Jackson, MS for the new tire. (Indian company did end up re-imbursing me for that, dollar for dollar.) 'Twas a bad little situation. But not the worst thing that happened to me on that expedition trip around the eastern half of the USA.

SpursforSix
01-13-2021, 01:36 PM

NHozn0YXAeE

Blake
01-14-2021, 11:52 AM

https://pics.me.me/drew-i-m-drew-now-yeah-im-not-gonna-call-38021566.png

Spurtacular
01-14-2021, 09:40 PM
But do they have Arby's

As long as they have McCuckolds, amirite?

Millennial_Messiah
01-15-2021, 08:42 AM
https://pics.me.me/drew-i-m-drew-now-yeah-im-not-gonna-call-38021566.png
Me = Andrew

This is Andy:

https://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/595093260ad0a3367913189f/5:2/w_3209,h_1283,c_limit/MCDTOST_EC036_H.JPG