PDA

View Full Version : First to say it: Poeltl will be in China after his contract expires

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2021, 10:21 PM
Easily PATFO's worst contract in their history, and there is a lot. Advanced stats really got this poor man's Greg Ostertag $27M :lmao The sooner GM's stop listening to analytic virgins, the sooner their teams will improve.

Dick Jefferson and Pau's contracts pale in comparison.

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2021, 10:26 PM
Yup. I still hope we can package him in a trade, since a bunch of teams wanted him. By the way his advanced stats for this season OBPM -2.2 DBPM -0.7 BPM -2.9 VORP 0.0 ORT 111 DRT 112

BillMc
01-10-2021, 10:27 PM
He'll be working in a burger joint in China?

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2021, 10:28 PM
He'll be working in a burger joint in China?
Knowing Poetoe, he will cause a global pandemic.

BillMc
01-10-2021, 10:30 PM
Knowing Poetoe, he will cause a global pandemic.
:lol

John B
01-10-2021, 10:31 PM
He’s a bum. Must be -20 out there with him in. Wtf :bang:bang:bang

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2021, 10:40 PM
the only reason why this Turtle has a basketball career is cause he's over 7 feet. That's literally his only basketball "skill"

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2021, 10:41 PM
Yup. I still hope we can package him in a trade, since a bunch of teams wanted him. By the way his advanced stats for this season OBPM -2.2 DBPM -0.7 BPM -2.9 VORP 0.0 ORT 111 DRT 112
It will have to be a bottom of the barrel team, since those teams are always the ones with hard-ons for advanced stats.

Team execs like Jerry West, Pelinka, Ainge, and Riley actually watch the games and can see for themselves when someone like Poeltl is a scrub.

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2021, 10:45 PM
It will have to be a bottom of the barrel team, since those teams are always the ones with hard-ons for advanced stats.

Team execs like Jerry West, Pelinka, Ainge, and Riley actually watch the games and can see for themselves when someone like Poeltl is a scrub.

it's funny to me that some people here think he's able to improve. 5th year in the league, shooting 27% from the freethrow line. :lmao He will never add anything to his game

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2021, 10:47 PM
it's funny to me that some people here think he's able to improve. 5th year in the league, shooting 27% from the freethrow line. :lmao He will never add anything to his game
Same people that thought Green would be able to shoot again after LASIK surgery :lol Gotta love ST bro. They're always so hopeful that the league's bottom bitch will turn the corner

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2021, 10:50 PM
Honestly though, who's better: Kwame Brown or Jakob Turtle?

TheGreatYacht
01-10-2021, 10:58 PM
Honestly though, who's better: Kwame Brown or Jakob Turtle?
Poetoe will never have a season averaging 11 & 7 like Kwame had when he was 21yrs old.

Remember when we had a Joffrey Lauvergne block watch thread back in the day? :lol Might need to get one going for this scrub. Keldon had as many blocks tonight as this stiff has had all season.

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2021, 11:02 PM
damn 6 games in a row without a block? Turtle is getting worse by the day

Ice009
01-10-2021, 11:03 PM
This guy was in there when Minnesota went on a 9-0 run. Fucking clanked two free throws that could have made a big difference. Spurs fucked up giving this guy any money at all. Should have let all those other teams have him.

Prime BEEF
01-10-2021, 11:08 PM
This guy was in there when Minnesota went on a 9-0 run. Fucking clanked two free throws that could have made a big difference. Spurs fucked up giving this guy any money at all. Should have let all those other teams have him.
He is what he is. A backup center. Nothing more. FO should’ve offered him backup center pay

John B
01-10-2021, 11:10 PM
What happened to him? He seems like he got hit in the head and suddenly lost any basketball iq he had. He’s just terrible.

r0drig0lac
01-10-2021, 11:10 PM
funny the same posters as always trying to make excuses or argue some logic to give a new contract to this scrub, it's the kind of shit that the arrogant spurs fan used to laugh looking at other franchises when Duncan was here running the team, and now they accept any shit the front office does, even when it’s clear that it’s a bad decision from the start.

RC_Drunkford
01-10-2021, 11:14 PM
the funniest thing is that this scrub was out there during offseason talking about how he wants to be a starter :lmao :lmao :lmao

Imagine this bum starting in the playoffs. Just play hack-a-turtle and the Spurs score 0

DeRozan m8
01-10-2021, 11:19 PM
Only 1 fucking rebound too

Fuck off to china now tbh

Dverde
01-10-2021, 11:28 PM
I get that I am a fool, but I think the contract is okay. Still less than we paid Tiago and his purse. Pop likes to yell at him. Less yelling from grandpa on the others.

rankingtear
01-10-2021, 11:28 PM
He won't.

timtonymanu
01-10-2021, 11:30 PM
Splitter was easily better than Poeltl though. :lol

KobesAchilles
01-11-2021, 12:00 AM
I said it first. ME

Capt Bringdown
01-11-2021, 12:11 AM
This cat moves like Dwayne Schintzius (RIP).
https://i0.wp.com/nbastraya.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Dwayne-Schintzius.png?fit=561%2C797&ssl=1

BillMc
01-11-2021, 12:11 AM
I get that I am a fool, but I think the contract is okay. Still less than we paid Tiago and his purse. Pop likes to yell at him. Less yelling from grandpa on the others.
Tiago was good when healthy.

spurraider21
01-11-2021, 12:17 AM
well duh. splitter was actually a very good player

tapiefan
01-11-2021, 06:25 AM
Not even a NBA player. 3-13 on FTs lol. 3 blocks in 193 min. Get rid of this scrum.

The Truth #6
01-11-2021, 07:27 AM
He got paid and relaxed. Lots of players do it. It sucks, but he can play better. Still, what a horrible stretch.

Twisted_Dawg
01-11-2021, 07:55 AM
Why rail on this stiff when the real culprits are the two cocksuckers who brought him to our team? First by including him in one of the leagues worst trades ever, and secondly by giving him that new contract.

Dverde
01-11-2021, 09:39 AM

Defensively. His offense was terrible. He was sooo soft in the paint. His main move was a reverse layup that could easily be scouted.

r0drig0lac
01-11-2021, 09:52 AM
Defensively. His offense was terrible. He was sooo soft in the paint. His main move was a reverse layup that could easily be scouted.

still, better than the turtle, at least with he, the pnr could be performed.

EasyMoney
01-11-2021, 10:37 AM
He has really started to annoy me with his play. Charmin ultra soft. A 7 footer that seldom-ly dunks

Dhbsr555
01-11-2021, 10:46 AM
Ya splitter was light years ahead of poodle on offense

Leetonidas
01-11-2021, 10:54 AM
Softest Spurs player i've ever seen

spurs50_
01-11-2021, 11:00 AM
Pau Gasol, today, could contribute more than Poodle or Trey Lyle's.

Dex
01-11-2021, 11:16 AM
I seriously don't understand how an NBA player can shoot 23% on free throws. Imagine spending your entire adult life training to play a game and being so terrible at the most basic aspect of it.

It's all mental at this point, but still.

TimDunkem
01-11-2021, 11:30 AM
Not talking about "dverde" specifically, but all these fucking ST boomers remember every goddamn scrub that donned a Spurs uni within the last 50 years but they totally forget about how much better some Spurs were than others when they're defending their god Pop's recent shitty decisions.

"Well Poeltl aint dat bad compared to Split, Nazr, etc"

Totally forgetting Splitter was one of the better defenders in the league at his position and was our center for the bulk of the 2012-2014 runs. Keep justifying those shit sandwiches, ST slurpers. :lol

TimDunkem
01-11-2021, 11:34 AM
lol Okay Splitter's reverse layups were memorable, but let's not forget he still could ACTUALLY SCORE IN THE PAINT if given the chance, going up against better post defenders than Yukob goes up against now.

Better defender too. Much better.

Moved much better on the perimeter and could actually stick with some players there.

Set better screens.

Higher BBIQ.

Always knew where to be on offense.

Much, much better hands.

One of the better passers at his position at the time as well. He helped the offense flow despite being limited offensively. UNLIKE PUKOB

JeffDuncan
01-11-2021, 11:46 AM
... It's all mental at this point, but still.

I don't think so. I think Poeltl lacks dexterity, for doing precision actions with a basketball. In other words, he just doesn't have the touch for shooting. We've all seen people like that, haven't we? No matter how much they practice, it never quite works out.

Dex
01-11-2021, 12:00 PM
I don't think so. I think Poeltl lacks dexterity, for doing precision actions with a basketball. In other words, he just doesn't have the touch for shooting. We've all seen people like that, haven't we? No matter how much they practice, it never quite works out.

I don't know. I'm right-handed and my left hand is basically worthless for anything athletic. I can't shoot, I can't bowl, I can barely throw a ball...

Shooting a basketball with it feels like I am shooting it with my feet...and even then, I bet I could put in some practice and be able to shoot better then 23%.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2021, 12:17 PM
I seriously don't understand how an NBA player can shoot 23% on free throws. Imagine spending your entire adult life training to play a game and being so terrible at the most basic aspect of it.

It's all mental at this point, but still.

His entire game looked better last year. Not sure what's up with him this season. Every time he passes the ball I hold my breath because it requires the receiver to make an acrobatic play to catch it. He's foul prone. He looks lost. Last year he was at least a defensive anchor out there even if his offense was lacking. He needs a boost of confidence.

Collins21
01-11-2021, 12:28 PM
Not talking about "dverde" specifically, but all these fucking ST boomers remember every goddamn scrub that donned a Spurs uni within the last 50 years but they totally forget about how much better some Spurs were than others when they're defending their god Pop's recent shitty decisions.

Totally forgetting Splitter was one of the better defenders in the league at his position and was our center for the bulk of the 2012-2014 runs. Keep justifying those shit sandwiches, ST slurpers. :lol

To be fair you're not wrong about people doing mental gymnastics to defend the shitty decisions of the front office over the past 4 years. However those people are no different than the people who refuse to give them credit for the good decisions they have made since then either.

TimDunkem
01-11-2021, 12:54 PM
To be fair you're not wrong about people doing mental gymnastics to defend the shitty decisions of the front office over the past 4 years. However those people are no different than the people who refuse to give them credit for the good decisions they have made since then either.
Vassell, White, and KJ were good choices.

That's about it.

LeBowen
01-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Tbh, he's a pretty unique player.

His combination of softness and lack of basic basketball skills is unheard of.

Literal example of winning the genetic lottery. At least 7 footers who don't have any talent play hard and use their body, he can't even do that.

You can get him the ball right under the basket with a guard on him and he still won't score most of the time. Disgusting.

Even the things he did well last season don't happen anymore. Doesn't protect the rim, is a foul machine, can't even pass it to the open man on the perimeter.

Absolute disaster. I thought his contract was a bit of an overpay, but that he'll make up for it by improving his FTs and finishing around the rim. Didn't and probably won't happen.
Should be traded asap.

Lyles is way more useful than him and that says a lot.

r0drig0lac
01-11-2021, 01:24 PM
Tbh, he's a pretty unique player.

His combination of softness and lack of basic basketball skills is unheard of.

Literal example of winning the genetic lottery. At least 7 footers who don't have any talent play hard and use their body, he can't even do that.

You can get him the ball right under the basket with a guard on him and he still won't score most of the time. Disgusting.

Even the things he did well last season don't happen anymore. Doesn't protect the rim, is a foul machine, can't even pass it to the open man on the perimeter.

Absolute disaster. I thought his contract was a bit of an overpay, but that he'll make up for it by improving his FTs and finishing around the rim. Didn't and probably won't happen.
Should be traded asap.

Lyles is way more useful than him and that says a lot.agree

Darius Bieber
01-11-2021, 01:58 PM
How was this dude a top 10 draft pick lmao

Dverde
01-11-2021, 02:41 PM

I’m just being consistent, I thought Tiago sucked before and I still think he sucks. Not worth his overpaid last contract. Which was more than Poodles including inflation. Besides playing good defense on Dirk for one series and blocking Wade one time, I remember nothing else good. Tiago would be almost as terrible as Poodle on this team. I don’t remember him having so many slurpers back in the day. No one wanted to keep him for that last year of his contract. We traded him for nothing, because no one would give up an asset for him.

Arcadian
01-11-2021, 02:49 PM
Easily PATFO's worst contract in their history, and there is a lot. Advanced stats really got this poor man's Greg Ostertag $27M :lmao The sooner GM's stop listening to analytic virgins, the sooner their teams will improve.

Dick Jefferson and Pau's contracts pale in comparison.

The thing about advanced stats is, you need large samples of data for them to mean anything.

There's nothing wrong with analytics. It's how they are used that can be a problem.

TimDunkem
01-11-2021, 03:04 PM
I’m just being consistent, I thought Tiago sucked before and I still think he sucks. Not worth his overpaid last contract. Which was more than Poodles including inflation. Besides playing good defense on Dirk for one series and blocking Wade one time, I remember nothing else good. Tiago would be almost as terrible as Poodle on this team. I don’t remember him having so many slurpers back in the day. No one wanted to keep him for that last year of his contract. We traded him for nothing, because no one would give up an asset for him.

Because he was hurt. The only knock on Splitter back in the day was that he was made of glass. It's revisionist history to say he was garbage.

Sugus
01-11-2021, 03:06 PM

These slurpers will be the same people praising Poeltl's contract in about a month and a half, after White gets back and he gets some mojo going. Same people endlessly going on about "Instagram Baller" now making apology threads and acting like they knew all along. The greatest benefit of ST is that nothing sticks, because there's no useful search function, so it's just throw-shit-at-the-wall most of the time.

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2021, 06:00 PM

who the fuck said that dumb shit??? Getting Nazr was key to winning the chip in 05. Meanwhile Poeltl is unplayable in the postseason cause he shoots 27% from the line and teams could just hack him

Ice009
01-11-2021, 08:05 PM
How was this dude a top 10 draft pick lmao

Toronto really did a number on us, but at least Demar is playing some of his best ball right now. However, that is off-set by Jakob regressing and playing even worse than ever. Like another poster said, I too couldn't shoot with my left hand at all when I first tried to, but I practiced quite a bit and got to a point where I can hit free throws with it (I can even hit the occasional 3 - unguarded) - this clown can't even hit a free throw with his natural hand.

timtonymanu
01-11-2021, 08:21 PM

He shut down Aldridge in the 2nd round series against Portland in 2014. They probably don't beat Dallas without Splitter also.

The year before, he also made Gasol and Z-Bo non-factors when in prior years they would destroy McDyess and the Blair/Bonner Turd Towers. He held his own against Dwight Howard (although all our bigs embarrassed him in the Lakers first round series).

FWIW, I don't think Splitter could play in today's NBA because he has the same limitations as Poodle pretty much. But I guess you gotta be "consistent" lol, there's enough in argument for Splitter though that he wasn't garbage here.

lefty20
01-12-2021, 12:44 AM
He shut down Aldridge in the 2nd round series against Portland in 2014. They probably don't beat Dallas without Splitter also.

The year before, he also made Gasol and Z-Bo non-factors when in prior years they would destroy McDyess and the Blair/Bonner Turd Towers. He held his own against Dwight Howard (although all our bigs embarrassed him in the Lakers first round series).

FWIW, I don't think Splitter could play in today's NBA because he has the same limitations as Poodle pretty much. But I guess you gotta be "consistent" lol, there's enough in argument for Splitter though that he wasn't garbage here.

That Manu & Splitter pnr was the only play that consistently generated points against Dallas in the first six games. Everyone else was basically sleepwalking until game 7. We definitely lose to the Mavs w/o Splitter, tbh.

SPURSCHAMP
01-12-2021, 12:50 AM
Would be a dream come true for me if we could replace Poetl with Richuan Holmes. 6'9 but plays huge, 84% ft shooter, crazy energy and hustle, elite and reliable push shot FT line-in, finishes strong and plays above the rim. Watching a lot of kings games this season to check out Hali but Holmes has definitely stuck-out to me, 6 blocks against the Sabonis/Turner Pacers tonight, would be a perfect fit at C for us

hombre
01-12-2021, 01:33 AM
He’s a more emotional, but far less effective Rasho.

KingKev
01-13-2021, 10:44 PM
I wonder what it would take to offload Poetl? I’d attach Sammy just to dump him this offseason. With Cavs getting Allan today in the Harden trade I bet Drummind becomes available this offseason and can probs be had for 10mm a year.

RC_Drunkford
01-14-2021, 12:49 AM
I'd love to package Poeltl/Lyles for another Center

Gibbz
01-14-2021, 01:24 AM
Tiago was a fucking monster what are y'all on about--yuuuuuge in the '14 postseason

DeRozan m8
01-14-2021, 01:30 AM
Yeah Splitter did his job...100% doesn't belong in this thread

TheGreatYacht
01-14-2021, 08:09 PM
Airballed a layup and free throw (so far) :lmao

Snaq O'Meal
01-14-2021, 08:57 PM
What happened to him? He seems like he got hit in the head and suddenly lost any basketball iq he had.

He finally got his big paycheck from a sucker.

TimDunkem
01-14-2021, 09:00 PM
If Rasho had no balls and was Austrian.