PDA

View Full Version : Bad Officiating

JeffDuncan
01-11-2021, 12:59 PM
There doesn't seem to be a thread for this subject, but there should be.

To start things off, look at a replay of the Spurs-Minny game from yesterday, 4th quarter, about 7:05 on the game clock.

Here's a replay site:
https://nbafullhd.com/san-antonio-spurs-vs-minnesota-timberwolves-10-jan-2021-replays-full-game/

You'll see not only a moving screen by Minny, you'll see a dancing screen. It's a screen that could be set to music. It's the amazing dancing screen!

No call.

I'm on cell phone, but maybe somebody on pc with the right software can grab a clip of that.

Robz4000
01-11-2021, 01:15 PM
Since the 2014 title the Spurs have been routinely hosed by poor officiating, its nothing new. League wants the Spurs to fade to irrelevancy to help potentially move the team to a larger market ala Seattle/Vegas.

SpursDynasty85
01-11-2021, 02:01 PM
Since the 2014 title the Spurs have been routinely hosed by poor officiating, its nothing new. League wants the Spurs to fade to irrelevancy to help potentially move the team to a larger market ala Seattle/Vegas.

San Antonio/Austin is a huge growth market right now. Would be a dumb move on their part.

Robz4000
01-11-2021, 02:10 PM
San Antonio/Austin is a huge growth market right now. Would be a dumb move on their part.

Wouldn't shock me to see the team move to Austin at the end of the decade when their lease is up at the AT&T Center tbh. The problem with SA is how unattractive the market is, and even with the city growing (albeit with CA Laker fan transplants and people with non-disposable income) it isn't growing large enough to offset the issues.

JeffDuncan
01-11-2021, 02:13 PM

Nah, that's just paranoia and a poor-me attitude talking. You'll see identical complaints, about poor officiating, from fans of other teams, after almost every NBA game. And the complaints are often true. Spurs fans notice it more for the Spurs, but it's everywhere.

spurs10
01-11-2021, 02:18 PM
Yeah they won the game at the free-throw stripe and no matter how LMA attacked he couldn't get to the line.

SpursDynasty85
01-11-2021, 02:22 PM
Wouldn't shock me to see the team move to Austin at the end of the decade when their lease is up at the AT&T Center tbh. The problem with SA is how unattractive the market is, and even with the city growing (albeit with CA Laker fan transplants and people with non-disposable income) it isn't growing large enough to offset the issues.

It will be very interesting to see how Spurs navigate when in 10 years San Antonio and Austin will pretty much be like Dallas and Ft. Worth. Should move the Arena closer to Austin but not all the way imo. By then a NHL/NFL/MLB will be somewhere in Austin or SA by then as well.

Robz4000
01-11-2021, 02:36 PM
It will be very interesting to see how Spurs navigate when in 10 years San Antonio and Austin will pretty much be like Dallas and Ft. Worth. Should move the Arena closer to Austin but not all the way imo. By then a NHL/NFL/MLB will be somewhere in Austin or SA by then as well.

Jerruh will keep the NFL away from Austin/SA until he dies (and prolly after somehow) and the MLB will prolly axe teams instead of adding any with how they're hemorrhaging money. Not sure if the NHL would even consider Austin/SA while places like Houston don't have a team. Best hope for another professional sports team is doublehandjobball aka :lol soccer.

Robz4000
01-11-2021, 02:40 PM
Nah, that's just paranoia and a poor-me attitude talking. You'll see identical complaints, about poor officiating, from fans of other teams, after almost every NBA game. And the complaints are often true. Spurs fans notice it more for the Spurs, but it's everywhere.

I agree with that, but most of those instances come down to teams playing superstars or glamor markets like LA/GS/Miami. When your team is getting hosed for the likes of fucking Minny you know something is up.

John B
01-11-2021, 04:11 PM
Yeah they won the game at the free-throw stripe and no matter how LMA attacked he couldn't get to the line.

Bad officiating. I could count at least 3 shooting fouls within the last 2-3 minutes. Should be And1 on Mills made basket, DJ drive he got hit, Aldridge pullup.

SpurSpike
01-11-2021, 04:29 PM
They do seem to be scared to call fouls at the end of games these days.

poopbox
01-11-2021, 06:05 PM
The officiating against us against the t wolves has been bad for years honestly...

RC_Drunkford
01-11-2021, 06:07 PM
The officiating against us against the t wolves has been bad for years honestly...

this. They once gave them 30 FTs in the first half, only for us to turn it around in the 2nd and win the game. Back then we were good enough to overcome the refs betting on halftime scores. From what I've counted we should've gotten about 10-12 FTs in the 4th yesterday, which cost us the game