PDA

View Full Version : Is bowling a sport or not?

rr2418
11-10-2005, 07:01 PM
This was one of the topics on the Jim Rome show today. Jim says that bowling is not a sport but a recreational activity. I've been bowling for 30 years and I really never considered bowling to be a sport. I guess to me when I think of a sport, I think of a physical type game like football, basketball, and baseball, to name a few. But, to be competative, you have to be skilled and have coordination. It also doesn't hurt to be in good physical condition. What do ya'll think?

samikeyp
11-10-2005, 07:04 PM
yes.

KEDA's response to thread in 5....4.....3....

ALVAREZ6
11-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Bowling = hobby

Summers
11-10-2005, 07:09 PM
It's more of a sport than poker and I can't surf through the sports channels without finding a poker tournament. I find that extremely annoying.

mouse
If grown men hitting a little white ball into a very small hole in the ground is a Sport?

Then why not a grown man tossing a huge hevy ball over 20 yards to knock down 10 heavy pins?

Horry For 3!
Bowling isn't a sport.

If it was then i'd be playing it because I am bad ass.

NZHayden
11-10-2005, 07:12 PM
its either the worlds biggest hobby or a sport

smeagol
11-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Sissy Sport

Shelly
11-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Ask Sequ.

samikeyp
11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Sissy Sport

so it is a sport! :lol

sickdsm
11-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Nifty 650 :lol

j-6
11-10-2005, 07:54 PM
If car racing is considered a sport, I don't see how you can exclude bowling.

midgetonadonkey
11-10-2005, 07:57 PM
If competitive eating is a sport than bowling is one as well.

lilmads
11-10-2005, 08:19 PM

:lol So true...
I wonder if cheerleading is a sport? :spin

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Were you in any contests?

ClintSquint
11-10-2005, 08:21 PM
http://www.bottomlinecom.com/Schenkel.jpg
"Damn right it is!"

midgetonadonkey
11-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Were you in any contests?

Nope. Have you been in any drag shows lately?

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Nope. Have you been in any drag shows lately?
Nope sorry, too good for that.

midgetonadonkey
11-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Nope sorry, too good for that.

So you are still a closet queen I take it.

TNT21
11-10-2005, 08:31 PM
I didn't think baseball was a sport!

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 08:31 PM
So you are still a closet queen I take it.
Closet queen? :wtf

midgetonadonkey
11-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Closet queen? :wtf

You know you spend your nights in your room alone, dressing in your mom's dresses and pantyhose, listening to Cher and Elton John.

KEDA
11-10-2005, 08:42 PM
yes.

KEDA's response to thread in 5....4.....3....

here is my answer

Bowling is NOT a sport

although you have to have a good physical game, and being in shape really helps, especially in tournaments of 10 games or more. And the fact since I have lost weight, and started to lift weights, and I am throwing the ball better than I have in 5 years, I still believe it is a GAME, not a sport, a GAME PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Your bowling score is dictated by the lane condition, which is controlled by the man running the lanes. Many tournaments I have either been shut out or had an unfair chance of winning because the bowling center (Astro) has shut out the right handed bowlers, by either making the pattern VERY difficult or making the left side of the lane more accessable to the pocket.

Also, I dont consider it a sport because the person that wins isnt allways the best bowler there. I realize this is the case in other sports, but you dont live and die by getting breaks like bowling. I have thorwn many good shots just to get hosed by an 8 pin or a "stone" 9 or a messenger pin that has missed.

So, to make a long story short, NO I dont consider bowling a sport!

Racecar driving, yes
Golf, yes
Tennis, yes

Bowling NO!

its kind of funny that Im bashing bowling when I have a bowling avatar, and my sig is promoting a ball.

KEDA
11-10-2005, 08:44 PM
http://www.bottomlinecom.com/Schenkel.jpg
"Damn right it is!"

By the way

R I P Chris Shenkel

I spen many saturdays after bowling junior league sitting in my dads office watching him and Bo Burton Jr. do the telecast!

ClintSquint
11-10-2005, 08:50 PM
By the way

R I P Chris Shenkel

I spen many saturdays after bowling junior league sitting in my dads office watching him and Bo Burton Jr. do the telecast!

Me too. Miss him.

N.Y. Johnny
11-10-2005, 09:02 PM
This was one of the topics on the Jim Rome show today. Jim says that bowling is not a sport but a recreational activity. I've been bowling for 30 years and I really never considered bowling to be a sport. I guess to me when I think of a sport, I think of a physical type game like football, basketball, and baseball, to name a few. But, to be competative, you have to be skilled and have coordination. It also doesn't hurt to be in good physical condition. What do ya'll think?

Still a topic on Rome's show??

this guy is beyond stale now...he's been beating this horse to death since 1995...we get it already... Soccer, bowling and bass fishing aren't sports.

He needs new script writers to come up with fresher stuff for him.

Marklar MM
11-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Who knows. When you watch ESPN, FSN, etc., you see eating contests, poker tourneys, billiards, golf, and racing, you really start to question what humanity is coming to.

KEDA
11-10-2005, 09:35 PM
I enjoy watching the Bowling on Sundays, usually because a buddy of mine is on.

BTW Wes Malott won his first PBA title on Sunday and shot a 299 in the process.

Its allways nice to see a guy who you grew up with win a national stop.

Marklar MM
11-10-2005, 09:37 PM
You guys know what should be a full blown sport, even though it is already on FSN...

English Pub Darts

Those guys are insane. They are drunk, and never miss, and they are like
YAYAYAYAYAYYAYA when they win. And they drink some more.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Bowling is a game.
Tennis is a sport.
Boxing is a sport.
Hold 'em is a game.
Golf is a game.
Basketball is the sport of the gods.

Do you see a trend here?

Like my man Huey Lewis always says...

"Competitions that don't require physical fitness, but a certain degree of skill, tend to be games.

Competitions that require physical fitness and athletic ability, well, tend to be sports."

SequSpur
11-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Competitive Bowling is a Got Damn Sport.

Recreational Bowling is not, its just for fun.

Keda, the best bowlers are always in the finals. See Mika, see Walter Ray, see, Duke, see Parker Bohn, see Mallot.

As for local tourneys, the best bowlers are usually right there as well. If you are talking about handicap shit, then of course, a one game roll off, I could beat anyone. I might carry a brooklyn or a head pin strike for a turkey and take a big lead. Shit happens.

But bowl a marathon of at least 12 games in a day, a bracket finals and you must agree that bowling is physical, mental and competitive.

As for Astro, you can't be more wrong. The Texas League Record was broken by a team full of right handers. Hector, Rich, Eric, etc. etc.

As for lane conditions on the right side.... all I can say is buy some more gear, learn some different shots or go drastic and throw left handed. Since in your eyes its not a sport than every mofo should be able to do it left or right handed.

Bowl in a scratch tournament, I guarantee you one of the best bowlers will win.

Late.

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
I enjoy watching the Bowling on Sundays, usually because a buddy of mine is on.

BTW Wes Malott won his first PBA title on Sunday and shot a 299 in the process.

Its allways nice to see a guy who you grew up with win a national stop.
I heard about that, it was on ESPN. That the guy missed 1 pin to get a 300 a perfect game.

SequSpur
11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
When I used to practice and bowl in 3 leagues, bowl tournaments all the time, I used to carry a 215 ave. But now, I don't care as much, I prefer having the handicap, because it helps me on the nights when the lane conditions aren't so scoring friendly. Shit happens, but I'll tell you what, last week I bowled on the same pair as T. Reid, Murphy and a few others and I had the highest series and those dudes bowl for a living.

Shit happens.

Horry For 3!
11-10-2005, 09:52 PM
I need to go bowling, I haven't been in awhile. Last time I went bowling I shot a 275.

KEDA
11-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Sequ, I bowl with 2 of those members of the team that broke the state record, and they agree that bowling is a game. Next time you see Matt Cabanski, ask him. Go ask Hector, he agrees, Ill ask Eric Martinez when he logs on and see what he says.

BTW Astro needs to burn to the ground, ever wonder why Matt, Rich, Hector and Eric dont bowl there anymore?

I stand by this Bowling is a game if someone like me who never practices, and bowls 3 games a week can average over 200, then it has become a game, and not a sport. Matt bowls 3 leagues a week, plus bowls regionals, and averages 230 on Tuesdays, and he and I have the exact same opinions.

As for the best guys on tour, when was the last time you saw Walter Ray on TV?

He is by far the best bowler on tour and he cant get a sniff because the patterns arent matching up with the stuff hes throwing. He is still the most versitale guy on tour, along with Duke, which hasnt made a show in almost a year. This is due to the lane man controlling the shot.

Go play football, everyone plays on a field, you have variables, but they are the same for everyone. Peyton Manning had the same field surface as Tom Brady, it wasnt like the groundskeeper came down with the mowers and cut the field to help Peytons cleats grip the surface better then Bradys. It wasnt like the groundskeeper shut out the wide receivers but help the running backs.

Man all this talk about bowling makes me want to go practice.

KEDA
11-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Competitive Bowling is a Got Damn Sport.

Recreational Bowling is not, its just for fun.

Keda, the best bowlers are always in the finals. See Mika, see Walter Ray, see, Duke, see Parker Bohn, see Mallot.

As for local tourneys, the best bowlers are usually right there as well. If you are talking about handicap shit, then of course, a one game roll off, I could beat anyone. I might carry a brooklyn or a head pin strike for a turkey and take a big lead. Shit happens.

But bowl a marathon of at least 12 games in a day, a bracket finals and you must agree that bowling is physical, mental and competitive.

As for Astro, you can't be more wrong. The Texas League Record was broken by a team full of right handers. Hector, Rich, Eric, etc. etc.

As for lane conditions on the right side.... all I can say is buy some more gear, learn some different shots or go drastic and throw left handed. Since in your eyes its not a sport than every mofo should be able to do it left or right handed.

Bowl in a scratch tournament, I guarantee you one of the best bowlers will win.

Late.

I am going to go bowl the scratch matches at Astro, but you will probably not see me at a three grander ever again!

are you going to bowl the Columbia 300 tournament at Bandera this weekend, Id like to go 5 across or more if you'd choose. Ill be there on Sunday only since I have to work.

mouse
11-10-2005, 11:10 PM
someone needs to copy this topic and take it to the PBA next time KEDA decides to enter another tournament. In fact find a bunch of 300lb black men at some bowling alley on the eastside and take Keda with a copy of this topic,

I can't believe Keda would turn his back on the one sport he sometimes pays 800.00 dollars to compete in. I guess any joe off the street can score a 275 on a nightly basis.

What will you say next? Boxing is not a sport? after all you don't use a ball and you wear gloves while your in your boxer shorts dancing in a ring.

well I will remember that when I see two over weight bowlers beating your ass in the mens room at the 1000 oaks bowling alley next week :lmao

the sad part about this topic is the fact Jim Rome proved his 15 minutes are up.

KEDA
11-10-2005, 11:12 PM
find a bunch of 300lb black men at some bowling alley on the eastside and take Keda with a copy of this topic

Bro, black people dont bowl

In the HISTORY of the PBA 1 black person has ever one a national stop

George Brahnam III is the only Black to ever win a PBA Tournament, and he is also the only black to ever win a major (Firestone Tournamnet of Champions)

samikeyp
11-10-2005, 11:15 PM

Actually I know a couple...one guy I used to bowl with at Oak Hills....did a great imitation of Chef from South Park. Nice guy and a good bowler. Ken something or other.

mouse
11-10-2005, 11:17 PM

In the HISTORY of the PBA 1 black person has ever one a national stop

George Brahnam III is the only Black to ever win a PBA Tournament, and he is also the only black to ever win a major (Firestone Tournamnet of Champions)

Do you remember the last time I saw you bowl? who was bowling on your lane? and what color was he?

Gatita
11-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Actually I know a couple...one guy I used to bowl with at Oak Hills....did a great imitation of Chef from South Park. Nice guy and a good bowler. Ken something or other.

Typical.

:lol

spurs=bling
11-10-2005, 11:18 PM
i suck at it. so i hate it with a passion

KEDA
11-10-2005, 11:24 PM
Im sorry, yes black people bowl.

and there are blacks that are VERY GOOD.

Jonathan Wiley from Houston, who is "retired" still throws it better than 99.9% of the people in the world.

But not on the PBA, as far as the expemt list goes there are NO blacks on the list!

Kori Ellis
11-10-2005, 11:27 PM
Bowling is a pastime, not a sport.

mouse
11-10-2005, 11:36 PM

not when you pay 3,500.00 dollars to win a Million. and what about bass Fishing?

Funny how the Olympics calls javelin a sport and yet the natvies in Africa call it getting dinner :lmao

rr2418
11-11-2005, 12:50 AM
The thing about bowling is that the once a year bowler will shoot a 200+ game and claim that he shot better than the pros on tv. Of course he doesn't know that the pros bowl under very difficult lane conditions, while the open bowling condition is a "house condition", very easy to score on. I used to bowl in three leagues, but now I bowl only one league at Lackland AFB. Bowling is a great and competitive game, not a sport. When American Bowling Congress wanted bowling to be entered into the olympics, the IOC turned the game of bowling down. One of the reasons I understand was you couldn't not tell which teams were bowling against each other. Everybody was high fiving each other. Everybody was mingling with each other from different teams. Kind of hard to be competitive when you're having fun with the team you are suppose to beat. I do think bowling gets a bad rap though. Just look at the way TV portraits bowlers. They all wear bowling shirts, and everybody's at the foul line cheering the bowler on. Oh yeah, lets not forget drinking lots of beer and eating hamburgers. :lol

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 12:51 AM

I declare bullshit.

Keda, just because you can bowl a fucking 200 at thousand oaks doesn't make you PBA Tour worthy.

Dude, I guarantee you that you would never even make a cut, and I've never seen you bowl. For one, you couldn't bowl that many games in one day.

I couldn't either.

I bowl for fun and a little bit of competitiveness because without throwing fucking darts, its all I can do now at my age.

I played baseball, football, basketball and whatever else I could play, but bowling is my thing now......... for fun with a little bit of sauce on it.

Bowling is a fucking sport. Why? Because it requires fucking skill, mental toughness, and fucking competitiveness.

Most of you don't have a clue.

mavsfan1000
11-11-2005, 12:52 AM
I love fucking bowling. I don't care what anyone says.

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 12:57 AM
I am going to go bowl the scratch matches at Astro, but you will probably not see me at a three grander ever again!

are you going to bowl the Columbia 300 tournament at Bandera this weekend, Id like to go 5 across or more if you'd choose. Ill be there on Sunday only since I have to work.

Hell no. Why waste my money?? I am not a scratch bowler.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Sequ, a PBA regional has an 8 game qualifying, I can bowl 8 games.

and I take it you arent bowling at Bandera or at the scratch matches at Astro later in the month?

If I actually practiced and mabye bowled a few regionals, im sure I could make a cut, but that would involve me taking time off my job to chase a pipe dream. And Im not going to do that.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Hell no. Why waste my money?? I am not a scratch bowler.

The Columbia Tournament is handicap. I wasnt going to bowl, but I might if you show up, if you bowl 3 squads you get a free Power Drive!

mouse
11-11-2005, 01:00 AM

and yet you can see the rock, paper, sissors ,competion on ESPN :lmao

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:03 AM
The Columbia Tournament is handicap. I wasnt going to bowl, but I might if you show up, if you bowl 3 squads you get a free Power Drive!

I thought you were talking about the open at Bandera. I read the flyer tonight and thought it was scratch.

Dude, I can't bowl in it, because if I make the roll off which is usually sunday night, I have to go to work.

I don't bowl in tournaments anymore, why?

Because if its handicapped, I usually make the cut and then bowl against some chick that gets 30 pins and she bowls a 220 scratch.

Kori Ellis
11-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Because it requires fucking skill, mental toughness, and fucking competitiveness.

:lmao

timvp
11-11-2005, 01:04 AM
I declare bullshit.

Keda, just because you can bowl a fucking 200 at thousand oaks doesn't make you PBA Tour worthy.

Dude, I guarantee you that you would never even make a cut, and I've never seen you bowl. For one, you couldn't bowl that many games in one day.

I couldn't either.

I bowl for fun and a little bit of competitiveness because without throwing fucking darts, its all I can do now at my age.

I played baseball, football, basketball and whatever else I could play, but bowling is my thing now......... for fun with a little bit of sauce on it.

Bowling is a fucking sport. Why? Because it requires fucking skill, mental toughness, and fucking competitiveness.

Most of you don't have a clue.

http://stillmemory.ca/images/kid_bowling.jpg
SequSpur showing his athleticism.

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Funny.......

Bring yo asses to the alley then.....

kris
11-11-2005, 01:06 AM
Kevin,

You are the clueless one. It may be the one thing you're good at, but just about anybody could be good at it. Probably a lot of physically handicapped people could be great bowlers if they could just hold a ball and toss it. I suck at bowling, but you let me practice an hour a day for a week and I'll be right there with you averaging low 200s. Another thing is there's no athleticism. Ever look at the athletes around you? Maybe they have 1 strong forearm. 90% of the guys on this forum have 1 strong forearm.

Annnyyybody can be good at bowling. You can try to make it as variable as you want, but in your heart you know when someone comes up and puts up a 250 off the streets, your heart sinks a little because you want it to be difficult. Being competitive has nothing to do with whether something is a sport. I'm pretty confident I could average 180 by the end of a 2 hour practice session.

Bowling is akin to knitting, crochet, cross word puzzles, etc.

It's not even in the same league as fantasy football.

KEDA
where?

when?

how much?

SequSpur
http://stillmemory.ca/images/kid_bowling.jpg
SequSpur showing his athleticism.

I never said it was athletic...........

Try bowling for a grand and need a couple of strikes in the tenth to win, or needing to pick up a ten pin to move on.......

Never know it until you try it.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Kris, I have to disagree with you there. Practice all you want and you wont be as good as me.

Or Sequ.

Kori Ellis
Maybe they have 1 strong forearm. 90% of the guys on this forum have 1 strong forearm.

Kori Ellis
Kris, I have to disagree with you there. Practice all you want and you wont be as good as me.

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Kevin,
You are the clueless one.

I never said it was athletic. You really think you could pick up a bowling ball and start averaging a deuce?????? LMFAO.

I seriously doubt it.

Bro, I am not an allstar, and I am quite sure Keda is 10 times the bowler I am, but dude you have no clue about competitive bowling. Zero.

Try bowling nationals, try bowling tournaments where every other frame the condition is completely changed.

Oh, you're the type that can pound the pitchers and bowl better like Rome says.

I would like to see most of you come out and average 130. I seriously doubt that you could.

Oh yeah, you could bowl a 275 drunk. But what could you average over a 9 month season??????????? a 100? That seems more realistic.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:12 AM
hey Nationals is in Corpus this year, thank God for the short drive!

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:13 AM
we should put together a spurstalk team

Sequ

Keda

Crazyone

just need 2 more.

Kori Ellis
11-11-2005, 01:14 AM
I would like to see most of you come out and average 130. I seriously doubt that you could.

We've had bowling GTG's where quite a few people bowled over 120 with ease. So that 130 is probably a little low. When I was little, my sister bowled 180 when she was 11.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:14 AM
sequ, we need to go practice at 1000 Oaks, I have a bazillion free game passes!

Dan Rather
11-11-2005, 01:16 AM
I can bowl A 275

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:18 AM
We've had bowling GTG's where quite a few people bowled over 120 with ease. So that 130 is probably a little low. When I was little, my sister bowled 180 when she was 11.

Actually a 130 is averaging a spare about every other frame, that seems realistic.

A 200 average is averaging at least 5 strikes a game, again, people get lucky, but over a course of a season, the average bowler is about 130. That is in line with your drunken recreational league. You may have one or two bowlers that average 190 and above.

There are a handful of leagues here in SA that draw bowlers with 210+ averages. People that have been serious about it for years, not just your I think I am going to show Kevin how easy it is bowlers like Kris.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Kevin,

You are the clueless one. It may be the one thing you're good at, but just about anybody could be good at it. Probably a lot of physically handicapped people could be great bowlers if they could just hold a ball and toss it. I suck at bowling, but you let me practice an hour a day for a week and I'll be right there with you averaging low 200s. Another thing is there's no athleticism. Ever look at the athletes around you? Maybe they have 1 strong forearm. 90% of the guys on this forum have 1 strong forearm.

Annnyyybody can be good at bowling. You can try to make it as variable as you want, but in your heart you know when someone comes up and puts up a 250 off the streets, your heart sinks a little because you want it to be difficult. Being competitive has nothing to do with whether something is a sport. I'm pretty confident I could average 180 by the end of a 2 hour practice session.

lets see I have been in bowling centers oh since I was about 10

my father ran one, I have worked at one, and I NEVER , EVER have seen anyone just walk in off the street and shoot 210, much less 250.

Im sure its been done, but never have I seen it.

I absolutley hate it when people say I shot a 275, do you even know how hard it is to shoot 275?

its easier to shoot 279, or 280, then it is to shoot 275, you have to get a total of 5 on the first ball and then go off the sheet to shoot a 275, I dont know about anyone else in the room, but if I get 5 on the first ball, I usually dont follow up with an 11 bagger.

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Here is an example of my match tonight.

Dude gets 40 pins a game, I get 20.

He bowls a 230 the first game, I bowled a 180, I get fucking killed.
Second game, he bowls a 150, I bowl a 195, I win.
Third game, he bowls a 170, I bowl a 225, I win.

This dude has been bowling for a long time, but dude doesn't average 200. Shit, I don't even average 200 anymore. Again, bowling with the lights out and wearing your black light special tshirt and shoelaces doesn't make you a bowler, I don't give a shit how much you practice.

ChumpDumper
11-11-2005, 01:28 AM
Well, my sister bowled a 274 in her league.

She's a chain smoker and downs about a 12 pack a day.

Her average is 168.

Does this support of refute the sport contention?

KEDA
Here is an example of my match tonight.

Dude gets 40 pins a game, I get 20.

He bowls a 230 the first game, I bowled a 180, I get fucking killed.
Second game, he bowls a 150, I bowl a 195, I win.
Third game, he bowls a 170, I bowl a 225, I win.

This dude has been bowling for a long time, but dude doesn't average 200. Shit, I don't even average 200 anymore. Again, bowling with the lights out and wearing your black light special tshirt and shoelaces doesn't make you a bowler, I don't give a shit how much you practice.

WERD!

I think we need to have a bowling GTG to find out who can play and who cant!

kris
I don't bowl at all. We're talking 20 times in my lifetime. I'll go out tommorow. Give me 3 games and I'll average 150 no problem.

You're right I don't know about the janitors that clean the isles or what flavor jelly is in the flavor of your ball, but you get anybody into anything too much and they'll tell you what you're telling me.

You or Keda, I don't care, you're just too very unathletic guys that couldn't hold your own in a walking contest blowing smoke about bowling. I go out to one of your little hill country lane places and you might choke playing under the pressure of playing an amateur. I can put up 180 no problem. Just bowl down the center of the lane.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:32 AM
I will PAY for your shoes and lanes at 1000 Oaks tomorrow, name the time, Im off tomorrow. If you average 150 for the 3 games, or can beat me 1 time I will give you 100 dollars at the GTG tomorrow night.

If you dont average 150 all you have to do is apologize to me on this message board.

deal?

Kori Ellis
11-11-2005, 01:33 AM
I will PAY for your shoes and lanes at 100 Oaks tomorrow, name the time, Im off tomorrow. If you average 180 for the 3 games, or can beat me 1 time I will give you 100 dollars that the GTG tomorrow night.

If you dont average 180 all you have to do is apologize to me on this message board.

deal?
He didn't say he would average 180 his first time out. He said 150.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:33 AM
make it 150 then

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:34 AM
You or Keda, I don't care, you're just too very unathletic guys that couldn't hold your own in a walking contest blowing smoke about bowling. I go out to one of your little hill country lane places and you might choke playing under the pressure of playing an amateur. I can put up 180 no problem. Just bowl down the center of the lane.

What do you want Kris??? 100 pins a game? You don't stand a chance.

kris
11-11-2005, 01:34 AM
I said I'd average 150 and I said in a given match I could score 180 and I'm not talking about me practicing. I'm talking about if someone threw water on my face, got me out of bed at 5 am and dragged me to a bowling alley.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:35 AM
put up or shut up time

standard 3 game set

its go time!!!

kris
11-11-2005, 01:36 AM
I'll play you a game this weekend. I have stuff to do tommorow. Hopefully, other people would be there so there would be pressure on you. I think a lot of pressure is my best bet to winning.

kris
11-11-2005, 01:37 AM
You're on. Get your $100 out and you and Kevin be ready to cry.

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:38 AM
I'll play you a game this weekend. I have stuff to do tommorow. Hopefully, other people would be there so there would be pressure on you. I think a lot of pressure is my best bet to winning.

Seriously, how many pins handicap do you want? Cause I am thinking that the game will be over like by the 4th frame.....

KEDA
well tomorrow is the only time I can do it, I work all day 8a-9p on sat, and Im bowling a tournament at Bandera on Sunday, so if you cant do it tomorrow, then I guess the bets off.

sorry, you could have had the chance a 100$

kris
450/3 games. This is going to be good. Bring the cameras because I want to see you eating nachos after I average 150.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:39 AM
unless its tomorrow, the bets off

sorry

kris
11-11-2005, 01:41 AM
I'm not even in it for the money. I'll just go bowling this weekend for the pure joy of destroying the parker brothers game of bowling.

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:41 AM
You're on. Get your $100 out and you and Kevin be ready to cry.

Head to head, I don't give a fuck what you bowl, 150, 180, 190... When I am dropping 250s on your ass and you are dazed, thats good enough for me...

Don't give a shit about the money.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:43 AM
lets do it after the GTG

1000 Oaks stays open late.

and the bet would still be on!

kris
11-11-2005, 01:45 AM
Seriously, how many pins handicap do you want? Cause I am thinking that the game will be over like by the 4th frame.....

You want a shot at the belt, Sequ?

Because until it's proven otherwise, I'm the reigning champ. I'd hate to embarrass you but your barking an awful lot over there and those scores you were mentioning didn't look to crisp.

You've got to beat the man to be the man.

http://www.wwe-france.com/HTLM/Hall_of_fame/Bret_Hart/Bret_Hart_-_Bret_Hart_14.jpg

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:45 AM
Damn... a 100 bucks to average 150? Bro, that is 6 spares and at least 1 strike a game. You sure you got that in you? With a house bowling ball?

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:46 AM
hmmmm I shot 300 this week, did you?

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:48 AM
You want a shot at the belt, Sequ?

Because until it's proven otherwise, I'm the reigning champ. I'd hate to embarrass you but your barking an awful lot over there and those scores you were mentioning didn't look to crisp.

You've got to beat the man to be the man.

http://www.wwe-france.com/HTLM/Hall_of_fame/Bret_Hart/Bret_Hart_-_Bret_Hart_14.jpg

You really want to bowl straight up? I am quite confident that I could smoke your ass 100 times out of 100.

So, I am going to let you celebrate in your infinite glorification, if that's what you call it and pass.

When you practice and can really bowl, send me a message.

kris
11-11-2005, 01:49 AM
Head to head, I don't give a fuck what you bowl, 150, 180, 190... When I am dropping 250s on your ass and you are dazed, thats good enough for me...

Don't give a shit about the money.

I thought you said a regular bowler would get 120 or something like that?

I could get 80 for all I know. If you get 250, that's about what I would think someone that has dedicated their life to bowling would get.

So have ya'll given up on me averaging 150? Already conceed that?

I'm talking tough but I haven't bowled in over a year, so who knows?

I still say I can. I don't need the floors to be buffed or a moon ball, just give me the green 8 pounder and a glass of water.

PS - How much do I have to pay for a game?

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:50 AM
if you want to do it tomorrow, the bet is on, if not, then we can settle another way some other time.

Ill be sure not to wear a jersey tomorrow just in case you have a change of mind.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:51 AM

never conceeded a thing, and dont you worry big boy, Ill go ahead and pay for the games AND your shoes!

all you gotta do is bring your ass!

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:53 AM
I thought you said a regular bowler would get 120 or something like that?

I could get 80 for all I know. If you get 250, that's about what I would think someone that has dedicated their life to bowling would get.

I'm talking tough but I haven't bowled in over a year, so who knows?

I still say I can. I don't need the floors to be buffed or a moon ball, just give me the green 8 pounder and a glass of water.

Average. I am talking average.......

Bro, I bowl at least a 250 every week, but I don't average that. I ain't conceeding anything, I know that you don't stand a chance against my 11 year old daughter left handed.

I don't dedicate my life to bowling. If I did, I would be much better than I am today.

kris
11-11-2005, 01:54 AM
You really want to bowl straight up? I am quite confident that I could smoke your ass 100 times out of 100.

So, I am going to let you celebrate in your infinite glorification, if that's what you call it and pass.

When you practice and can really bowl, send me a message.

Shut up with that 100 out of a 100. I bowl a hundred games, I'm going to be averaging 200 at the end anyways. You guys act like there is some big secret to this game - there's not.

No, I didn't bowl a 300 this week. Like I said I don't bowl at all. If I bowled 3x a week for my whole life like some people, I'd like to think it would happen by accident at least one time.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:54 AM
I don't dedicate my life to bowling. If I did, I would be much better than I am today.

so would I

so would I

kris
11-11-2005, 01:58 AM
I got to go to bed. You two pin monkeys keep talking, but realize something. Strikes happen when you bowl the ball down the center. One of you has a mediocre day and I put on new contacts, it would be a very embarrassing day for bowling.

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Shut up with that 100 out of a 100. I bowl a hundred games, I'm going to be averaging 200 at the end anyways. You guys act like there is some big secret to this game - there's not.

No, I didn't bowl a 300 this week. Like I said I don't bowl at all. If I bowled 3x a week for my whole life like some people, I'd like to think it would happen by accident at least one time.

Kris,

I know you could be a good bowler. For the record, I have been bowling for 25 years and have never bowled a 300. I have bowled 290 5 times, but never a 300.

Bowling is not a cheap sport, balls are in excess of 100 to 150 dollars, good shoes are expensive, bags are expensive, if you use tape, etc. etc...

I am quite sure that you have the talent necessary, but tomorrow night with your 8 lb bowling ball, just doesn't stand a chance.

Again, I am going to pass, because bowling you would be like bowling against my daughter left handed and I prefer to waste my time and money doing something productive.

Late.

kris
11-11-2005, 01:59 AM
so would I

so would I

Let me clarify that bowling for three hours a week is dedicating your life to bowling in my eyes.

KEDA
11-11-2005, 01:59 AM
bet is still on here!

tomorrow night only!

you and an 8lb ball

versus my 100 dollars

seems like easy money

kris
11-11-2005, 02:01 AM
Kris,

I know you could be a good bowler. For the record, I have been bowling for 25 years and have never bowled a 300. I have bowled 290 5 times, but never a 300.

Bowling is not a cheap sport, balls are in excess of 100 to 150 dollars, good shoes are expensive, bags are expensive, if you use tape, etc. etc...

I am quite sure that you have the talent necessary, but tomorrow night with your 8 lb bowling ball, just doesn't stand a chance.

Again, I am going to pass, because bowling you would be like bowling against my daughter left handed and I prefer to waste my time and money doing something productive.

Late.

If I was to bet, I'd bet on you. You would be the favorite, but hey the 49ers already won twice this year.

kris
11-11-2005, 02:03 AM
bet is still on here!

tomorrow night only!

you and an 8lb ball

versus my 100 dollars

seems like easy money

You put your money in your pocket. I wouldn't take it if I did win. Your dignity would be enough. If I play you I play you, but I'm not going to force going to a bowling alley on a friday night.

Are we still betting on my average?

kris
11-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Ok, this is getting gay. Bye.

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 02:05 AM
Bowl 3 games for a 450+ total. I would like to see you do it, especially with an 8lb bowling ball..........................................

KEDA
11-11-2005, 02:09 AM
ok, fine, but I have to be there when you bowl

I gotta see this!

SequSpur
11-11-2005, 02:28 AM
Bowling is a sport....its on ESPN

Exactly.
:fro

Fat Bones
11-11-2005, 03:48 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Imposter/bowlingforhead.jpg

Accused 'used head as bowling ball'
By Kevin Meade
08nov05

A MAN who allegedly decapitated a 17-year-old boy with a tomahawk in a suburban back yard later was said to have played with the teenager's head, rolling it in a paddock as if it were a bowling ball.

A chilling videotape showing police interviewing one of two men charged with the murder of transient teen Morgan Jay Shepherd was played in Brisbane Magistrates Court yesterday.

Christopher Clark Jones, 22, told detectives in the interview recorded in April that his co-accused, James Patrick Roughan, 25, stomped on Shepherd's head several times before stabbing him with a kitchen knife, then decapitating him. Mr Jones and Mr Roughan are facing a committal hearing on charges they murdered Shepherd and interfered with his corpse.

Mr Jones, who repeatedly broke down and cried during the interview, told detectives the three were "mates" and were drinking at a table in the back yard of Mr Roughan's home in the Brisbane bayside suburb of Sandgate at dusk on March 29.

"We'd all had quite a bit to drink," he said.

An argument erupted between Mr Roughan and Shepherd and both fell to the ground. Mr Roughan then stood and stomped heavily on the teenager's head, Mr Jones said. Shepherd was bleeding profusely and was making a "choking" sound.

Mr Jones said Mr Roughan then ran to the house, returned with a kitchen knife and stabbed Shepherd several times in the back. After severing the teenager's head with a tomahawk, Mr Roughan wrapped the torso in a carpet, dragged it under the house and stabbed it repeatedly with the knife.

"The c...'s psycho," Mr Jones told the two detectives. "He was just so calm about it. It was nothin' to him."

Mr Jones said that next morning, Mr Roughan hugged him, saying, "us Celts should stick together", a reference to their Celtic ancestry. Later that day, with the aid of two other men, Shepherd's body was bundled into the boot of a car and driven to a property at Dayboro, north of Brisbane.

Mr Roughan sat in the back of the car with Shepherd's head in a plastic bag on his lap, Mr Jones said. A shallow grave was dug on the property and the torso buried.

Mr Jones said Mr Roughan laughed as he "bowled the head up the hill, like it was a bowling ball". The hearing was told there were more than 100 knife wounds on Shepherd's body when it was found. Detective Sergeant Craig Williams said most of the wounds were believed to have been inflicted after death.

Que the Judas Priest: Some Heads Are Gonna Roll:
Know what it’s like
When you’re taken for granted
There goes your life
It’s so underhanded
If the man with the power
Can’t keep it under control
Some heads are gonna roll
Some heads are gonna roll

rr2418
11-11-2005, 11:29 AM

So, what you're saying is that an 11 yr old kid who hits a home run in a little league baseball game could probably hit a homer at a .......say a high school game? A city league game? I don't think so!!!!!!!

Shelly
11-11-2005, 12:19 PM
I have to bowl with the bumpers up.

Seriously :oops

Cant_Be_Faded
11-11-2005, 12:20 PM
LOL
do you bowl with both hands, granny-style?

Useruser666
11-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but if you have to ask if it's a sport, then it's not.

rr2418
11-15-2005, 03:15 AM
Kevin,

Kris, I don't know you or know how good you are at learning a new game, but I don't think that even a week of practice you will average 200+. Again, nothing against you, it's just that it's nearly impossible to average 200 in a week, especially if you've never bowled before. I'm not trying to make the game hard, or mysterious, but skill does come into play. I do think that you or anybody can come off the streets into the bowling center and roll a 180 or 200 " game ", because anything is possible. But averaging 200 for a season which is usually 36 to 40 weeks for someone who has never bowled is almost no chance of that happening. I'm not going to bore you with the variables one would fine in "competitive bowling", but there is a difference in bowling at a tournament for money verses bowling in "open bowling" with your drinking buddies. Again, I could tell you the variables you will encounter in competitve bowling, but then I have a feeling you're going to think whatever you want to think. I do agree that bowling is a game not a sport. The game of bowling is an easy game to learn, but bowling a 180 game or even a 200 gm does not make you a good bowler or an expert. Think about it, if a person who has never played golf before makes a hole in one on a par three, does that make him a good golfer? NO!! That's makes him lucky!!!!!!!

rr2418
11-15-2005, 03:18 AM
I think it would fun if there was a bowling GTG. Maybe throw in a little wager. Lets see who's the best bowler at Spurstalk.com! :spin

CrazyOne
11-15-2005, 10:24 AM
KEDA, I bowled 300 last Tuesday also...

it only took me two games to get that many. ;0

Ishta
11-15-2005, 10:26 AM
If car racing is considered a sport, I don't see how you can exclude bowling.Thank You...I can't stand that crap...:lol

KEDA
11-15-2005, 10:32 AM
KEDA, I bowled 300 last Tuesday also...

it only took me two games to get that many. ;0

HA HA

I need to find out when we bowl you guys!

then its ON!