PDA

View Full Version : I'm conceding that KG will be traded

sickdsm
11-10-2005, 07:21 PM
This story is the main reason.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/511/5715884.html

There's more but i just snipped the interesting bits.

Eight players on the roster are younger than Garnett. Only one, Wally Szczerbiak, ever has made it to an All-Star Game. So again, Garnett sees himself surrounded by potential, rather than proven, help.

"I've been handling that for quite some time," he said the other day. "[Owner Glen Taylor] and Kevin [McHale] have to make some decisions on what they're going to do with this team and if they really want to win. I feel like we need a couple of guys who not only can draw defenses but make everybody else better. And that's out of my hands.

"You can talk to Glen until you're blue in the face, but at the end of the day, I think he trusts Kev. That's the thing you take when you make sacrifices. The organization wants to do one thing, and as a player you expect another thing. When they don't match up, sometimes you have problems.

"So I tend to do the things that I'm focused on, and right now that's just leading this team, leading these guys. If Glen and Kevin decide they don't want to bring anybody else in here or go in a different direction from bringing in the most talent to make the team better, decisions will have to be made.

"I'm trying to win. I'm not trying to restart, I'm not trying to revamp. To play to win is now. Not tomorrow.

Garnett knows that people speculate. He heard his name mentioned in trade rumors, bogus or not, last summer -- L.A., Detroit -- and began to wonder himself. There was a man in a restaurant who told Garnett, "Man, I hope you don't have to go anywhere, but if you do, I understand."

Said Garnett: "It's kind of weird to hear that. If anybody, I guess Glen and Mac need to hear that.

"But I'm here, man. I intend to work and perform as long as I'm here. I'm like P. Diddy, this is my city. I take a lot of pride in adopting Minnesota. I take a lot of pride. These are my soldiers. These are my people. ...

"I'm not Jimmy Jam. I'm Kevin Garnett. 'Ticket.' There's only one of him."

Most fans feel like the guy in the restaurant. Say what you want about KG but Kevin McHale has been pissing his career away on crappy move after crappy move.

woodseed
11-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Let's trade Rasho for KG

woodseed
11-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Oh, my bad, just realized that you are a timberwolves fan...well, that really sucks for you if he does get traded...

timvp
11-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah, it does look like the T'Wolves will be trading KG. That sucks for the NBA, IMO.

The good news is they could could get tons in return. 90% of teams out there would give up whatever they had to get him

sickdsm
11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Unlike most wolves fans, i'm an actual wolves fan. Most have said they will be fans of whatever team he gets traded to but i guess the only way i'm cool with it is if theres either a big name guy like Dirk, some great young talent and first round picks (Bosh, hinrich, bogut, etc....) one of those two scenario's AND

Wally gets traded for picks/cap space/prospects. No decent sized contracts for him.

timvp
11-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Something like KG for Dirk, D. Harris and M. Daniels might make sense for both sides.

JMarkJohns
11-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Is Dallas really any better a situation then?

I'm not sure there's a team in the League deep enough with talent to both trade for Garnett, then supply a winning nucleas to surround Garnett.

sickdsm
11-11-2005, 09:26 AM
I don't know about Daniels, but otherwise yes for dallas. KG gives a much needed defensive prescence for dallas and they have more than enough scorers for him to pass out of double teams to.

Might as well throw wally in somehow for cuban can collect all the big contracts.

ducks
11-11-2005, 10:21 AM
would spur fans trade manu,rasho and tp for kg?
would wolves trade with the west?

I see pierce for kg wolves would want to see kg go east

mavsfan1000
11-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Something like KG for Dirk, D. Harris and M. Daniels might make sense for both sides.

No way. Dallas is giving up way too much in this trade.

sickdsm
11-11-2005, 01:41 PM
That would be an outright fleecing of the spurs ducks. Duncan and KG are what, 30?

Mavsfan: Daniels would be the x factor in that trade but if i'm the mavs no way would i want to give him up but facts are facts. You need much better defense to contend. Besides, don't you already have a big white guy with a fat contract that can only shoot?

BillsCarnage
11-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Doesn't take an article to realize KG's going to be traded. He's making like $900 million the last few years of his contract. Only a half dozen teams that can afford his contract.

And since the Lakers missed out on Yao and Amare they'll zero in on KG.

Joepa
11-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh man, I would be so pissed if KG went to the fakers.

Mr. Peabody
11-11-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh man, I would be so pissed if KG went to the fakers.

Who could the Lakers give up for Garnett? They wouldn't trade Kobe, so what else can they give up?
________
Marijuana Seed (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

Kip Fanatic
11-11-2005, 04:56 PM
The Lakers would have to give up a lot to get KG because of his contract. I don't think Minny would give up KG for peanuts.

Oh, Gee!!
11-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Looks like he's going to dallas for dirk

Leetonidas
11-11-2005, 06:13 PM
would spur fans trade manu,rasho and tp for kg?
would wolves trade with the west?

I see pierce for kg wolves would want to see kg go east

WTF!?

Number one, Rasho will never be traded.
Number two, KG is going to get traded for a not so good good big man?
Number three, Tony Parker is not going anywhere.
Number five, Manu Ginobili is still a Time Warner customer.

Leetonidas
11-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Who could the Lakers give up for Garnett? They wouldn't trade Kobe, so what else can they give up?

They'd probably throw and offer like Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm, and Smush Paker or something. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2005, 07:51 PM
trade our bench for KG

SA210
11-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I would not give up Tony or Manu. Send Rasho and our bench. :lol

baseline bum
11-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Why do I keep hearing this KG to LA nonsense. There's no way Odom + crap + draft picks will net you a 20-14-5 guy like KG.

These are the only trades I could see happening:

to Dallas for Dirk and some young talent (maybe one of Howard, Daniels, and Harris)
to Boston for Pierce and LaFrentz
to Indiana for O'Neal and Jackson or Foster
to LA Clippers for Brand and Mobley

Nikos
11-12-2005, 03:56 PM
I would not give up Tony or Manu. Send Rasho and our bench. :lol

Has to be a joke right?