PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Phoenix game predictions

Mavs<Spurs
11-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Detroit looks like they are playing the best without a doubt.

Phoenix obviously is not the same without Q, Joe Johnson and worst of all Amare.

It's in Phoenix. Otherwise, I might pick Detroit by 30 to 40 points (yes there is a tiny bit of exaggeration but not much).

My guess: Detroit by 12, although it could easily be more.
Like other people said before, Detroit actually trying to play hard and win in the regular season is scary since they have been one of the top two or three teams in the league the last couple of years without doing that.

Pistons still are primarily going to win games by defense so I would think that the score would be Pistons 93 Suns 81.

Nash, still the best pg in the league (won't be in 2 years) and the best shooting pg in the league, will be the sole focus of the Pistons defense without Amare which combination makes Marion more productive. Probably a tough night for him.

What do you all think? What are your predictions? I could easily be completely off. Anything can happen on any one night, as we all know from experience. In statistics, that is called an outlier.

:fro

Pistons < Spurs
11-10-2005, 09:22 PM
112-91 Detroit

Detroit is playing a much more open offensive game currently. Baskets are coming easy to them. Rip has more room than ever to get his shot off. Billups seems to be on a mission. While his shots aren't falling to well, his is leading and creating for his teammates like I've never seen before. Perhaps he's tired of hearing how much LB did for his game. Didn't A.I. also have his 'so-called' best year immediately after LB left?

Phoenix, while they have lost many players, is still a very dangerous team. They still have 2 All-Stars on their team in Nash and Matrix. Raja, Thomas and Jones have been good contributors. Barbosa and Diaw are coming into their own.

I'm pretty confident in a win, but the Suns can drop 115+ points whenever they want. Overall this will probably be our first test of any sort. Hopefully my guys continue with the "regular season matters" attitude they've been displaying.

BillsCarnage
11-10-2005, 09:24 PM
I'd reckon that's a good prognastication(sp) themanurules. The Suns are startind Diaw, but w/o Amare they're really no match since they have ZERO game in the paint and can't box out on the defensive end.

Unless the Suns shoot the lights out the Pistons will probably win by 10-15.

ChumpDumper
11-10-2005, 09:26 PM
If they unleash Ford on you, you should just forfeit.

milkyway21
11-10-2005, 09:29 PM
these two teams are averaging 100+ ppg this early season.

Suns-111 ppg
Detroit - 102 ppg
to be exact.

i think Detroit will remain undefeated when they faced the Suns bec. of their D. they have no casualty right now. And the Suns have no Amare who can really score.

But I'd like the Suns to beat Detroit.

Mavs<Spurs
11-10-2005, 09:29 PM
If they unleash Ford on you, you should just forfeit.

I'm not going to be afraid of revealing my ignorance: I'm sorry, but who is Ford (obviously not travis ford with the Bucks)?

Marklar MM
11-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Sharrod Ford

ChumpDumper
11-10-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm not going to be afraid of revealing my ignorance: I'm sorry, but who is Ford (obviously not travis ford with the Bucks)?Sharrod -- Spurs training camp fodder now with PHX.

Mavs<Spurs
11-10-2005, 09:34 PM
these two teams are averaging 100+ ppg this early season.

Suns-111 ppg
Detroit - 102 ppg
to be exact.

i think Detroit will remain undefeated when they faced the Suns bec. of their D. they have no casualty right now. And the Suns have no Amare who can really score.

But I'd like the Suns to beat Detroit.

I respect them as a dangerous team, playing better than anyone right now and we know it is not a fluke.

Pistons < Spurs has helped me not to think that all Pistons fans are jerks.
I'll be honest I have thought of the Pistons players as a bunch of gangstas and hoods.

When you think of a team like that, then you can pretty well guess who I want to win.

Suns, on the other hand, seem like class people who are easy to want to see do well.

Mavs<Spurs
11-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Sharrod -- Spurs training camp fodder now with PHX.

Okay, I remember hearing the name now, but I never bothered to learn anything about him.

Sounds like I didn't miss too much though from what you are saying.

Thanx.

Mavs<Spurs
11-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Sharrod -- Spurs training camp fodder now with PHX.

I used to think that I knew Spurs basketball pretty well, but judging from your posts you are breaking the curve.

Pistons < Spurs
11-10-2005, 09:42 PM
I respect them as a dangerous team, playing better than anyone right now and we know it is not a fluke.

LOL!!! Thanks!!!..I think! :spin

I'll be honest I have thought of the Pistons players as a bunch of gangstas and hoods.

I can see where some people would say that about a guy like Sheed, who has baggage and a reputation. Actually I used to think fairly negatively about Sheed before we got him, and I had a chance to see him at the games, in interviews. A more close-up perspective has changed my opinion greatly of him.

As for the other guys, they are honestly...no homerism in my opinions here....a truly classy bunch. Chauncey is as classy as they come. Tay and Rip are solid individuals. Ben may be a little rough around the edges, but tends to show a gentle, emotional quality....except when Artest is involved!!!

milkyway21
11-10-2005, 09:43 PM

When you think of a team like that, then you can pretty well guess who I want to win.

Suns, on the other hand, seem like class people who are easy to want to see do well.

:frou have some pts but i don't really see the Pistons players as gangster or hoods. i think Suns fans(except the "chicken" Sarver), are a little bit nicer or respectful in this forum than Detroit Pistons fans are.

I just can't imagine what they are saying to us right now if they won in the finals.

no offense meant there, Detroit fans.

Peace! :angel

ChumpDumper
11-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Okay, I remember hearing the name now, but I never bothered to learn anything about him.

Sounds like I didn't miss too much though from what you are saying.

Thanx.Well, I believe he is an NBA player, albeit a limited one if he doesn't develop a perimeter game.

Mavs<Spurs
11-10-2005, 10:00 PM
LOL!!! Thanks!!!..I think! :spin

I can see where some people would say that about a guy like Sheed, who has baggage and a reputation. Actually I used to think fairly negatively about Sheed before we got him, and I had a chance to see him at the games, in interviews. A more close-up perspective has changed my opinion greatly of him.

As for the other guys, they are honestly...no homerism in my opinions here....a truly classy bunch. Chauncey is as classy as they come. Tay and Rip are solid individuals. Ben may be a little rough around the edges, but tends to show a gentle, emotional quality....except when Artest is involved!!!

Yes, that was a compliment to you. You've been really cool to discuss things with and about as unbiased as I am.

Nobody I have ever heard of thinks much of Artest, so Ben taking Artest to the street probably would not cause me to shed too many tears.

Rip seemed cool in that piece about his town (Cokesville? Pa).

Sheed seems scary as does Ben. Doesn't mean they are bad people, but their rep is bad. Detroit has had that reputation before.

Marklar MM
11-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Rip seemed cool in that piece about his town (Cokesville? Pa).

Rip don't do Coke, man. :)

He is from Coatesville, PA.

Pistons < Spurs
11-10-2005, 11:08 PM
I really...really...really like Barbosa.

He may be my dark horse candidate for 6th man this year.

mavsfan1000
11-10-2005, 11:41 PM
No way is Barbosa that good but he is decent coming off the bench. Nash needs all the help he can get. The pistons are for real. This is their best team yet.

boutons
11-10-2005, 11:55 PM
52-52 after 24 mins, very surprising that DET isn't winning

Pistons < Spurs
11-11-2005, 12:16 AM
The Suns are hittin' all their jumpers.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Man what a pussy call, calling a T on 'Sheed on the dunk.

milkyway21
11-11-2005, 12:32 AM
i just can't believe the Suns outlasted a defensive team Detroit in blocks.
3-0?
even the offensive rebounds is not there.

and why are they struggling? they have a 17-7 advantage in FT attempts..

so far they have a 4-0 standing. only they have beaten a non-power teams such as 76ers, Sac(need to gel more), Boston and Toronto.

Pistons < Spurs
11-11-2005, 12:37 AM
i just can't believe the Suns outlasted a defensive team Detroit in blocks.
3-0?
even the offensive rebounds is not there.

and why are they struggling? they have a 17-7 advantage in FT attempts..

so far they have a 4-0 standing. only they have beaten a non-power teams such as 76ers, Sac(need to gel more), Boston and Toronto.

For whatever reason, Rip is a no show tonight. Only 6 shot attempts?

Alot of the boards that the Suns are getting, are long tip boards. Ben cannot control the middle, because the boards keep going outside.

Defense has been the sloppiest I've seen so far this year. Too many plays there are multiple open players.

But I still feel the biggest thing is that the Suns are hitting everything tonight. They can't miss.

Manu20
11-11-2005, 12:40 AM
End of the 3 Suns leading 82 to 74.

picnroll
11-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Raja Bell has a little to do with Rip no showing.

Pistons < Spurs
11-11-2005, 12:51 AM
Raja Bell has a little to do with Rip no showing.

I don't know. In the first half, Billups sorta took control offensively. Rip never became agressive. He only took 4 shots. Sure he may not of had as many openings as he would have gainst a lesser quality defender...but still.....He needs to at least TAKE shots, and try to get some fouls.

Chauncey needs to get others more involved. Tay is coming alive, and looking to take over. But our bread and butter is still Rip.

Pistons < Spurs
11-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Win or Lose, this has been a fun game to watch.

But we better WIN! :fro

slayermin
11-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Win or Lose, this has been a fun game to watch.

You should watch when we play Phoenix.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Phoenix is a fucking joke. No defense and they are asking Nash to do too much down the stretch.

Pistons < Spurs
11-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Undefeated! :fro

timvp
11-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Thoughts:

1) Raja Bell is a joke of defender. He's not even in the same league as Bruce Bowen.
2) The Pistons will be back in the Finals.
3) The Suns will struggle to stay above .500 without their best player.

woodseed
11-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Pistons are awesome. I've been supporting them for 3 years straight. But nonetheless, my favorite team is any team with TIMMY.

BUT YEAH!!! PISTONS WIN!
(I have Prince, Hamilton, and Billups on my fantasy team)

FromWayDowntown
11-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Phoenix is a fucking joke. No defense and they are asking Nash to do too much down the stretch.

Phoenix has no clue in the half-court, with or without Nash on the floor. On their make-or-break possession in the 4th, Marion got the ball at the top of the key and had to give it up because a teammate stopped his penetration. That was the tip of the iceberg, though.

Nice win for the Pistons, who got it done defensively when it mattered.

Pistons < Spurs
11-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Emin3m Collins............LMAO!!!

A Serbian Beast
11-11-2005, 01:19 AM
What an ending. That was pretty awesome. Almost went to bed after the 3rd because its 1:19 here right now. ahhh I'm so pumped right now.

Tek_XX
11-11-2005, 01:20 AM
The pistons look good again but i need to see them play the NEW LOOk Heat before i declare them back in the finals

Pistons < Spurs
11-11-2005, 01:21 AM
The pistons look good again but i need to see them play the NEW LOOk Heat before i declare them back in the finals

The heat have looked ridiculious so far this year.

However, I agree that it is wayyyyyy early to be expecting or predicting anythnig.

boutons
11-11-2005, 01:33 AM
If the Pistons stay healthy, nobody else has a chance in EC.

Shawn disappeared in the 4th qtr, zero PT, zero RB, 1 blk.

Pistons score 37 pts in the 4th.

The Heat won't be able to handle Pistons. Heat have no PG, and no bench.

Tek_XX
11-11-2005, 01:34 AM
So you think Shaq isn't important. Go back to Detroit

boutons
11-11-2005, 01:46 AM
Shaq is only one guy, IF he's healthy in the playoffs. Shaq + Dwayne don't have enough support.

phyzik
11-11-2005, 02:01 AM
The way I see it, anyone who "predicts" a teams success this year based on the very few games played so far this season should not be considered a true basketball fan, but a fairweather fan until they prove otherwise when their teams start sucking later this season.

Now, do NOT take me wrong. Im not pointing out any specific team.... hell, Even the spurs could end up sucking royally. All Im saying is, we will see who is, yet again, a true fan and who is a fairweather bastard who doesnt deserve such a team as Detroit or San Antonio have. I think you all can guess at the individuals who I am refering to, if not use your imagination ;p.

BillsCarnage
11-11-2005, 12:45 PM

This has been their problem so far this year. They can jump all over a team and get a big lead, but come the 4th they have no post game and D'Ant is letting nash try to do everything and it ain't working. Not to mention eveyrone else is scared to go in the paint.

They should have had Bobo on the floor to slash and break down the D. Unfortunate but that's the way it's going to be for us Suns fans. A Looooooooong season.

Here's hoping they can get Melvin Ely from the Boobcats. :drunk

BillsCarnage
11-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Now, do NOT take me wrong. Im not pointing out any specific team.... hell, Even the spurs could end up sucking royally. All Im saying is, we will see who is, yet again, a true fan and who is a fairweather bastard who doesnt deserve such a team as Detroit or San Antonio have. I think you all can guess at the individuals who I am refering to, if not use your imagination ;p.

That is true, but there are some bad trends for the Suns right now and doesn't appear to be any solution at the moment.

picnroll
11-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Don't see how you can say Bell's defense ia a joke. He was doing pretty well on Rip. Rip went off afeter Bell was out. I thought D'Antoni's end of game substitution pattern sucked, taking the hot hands and better defenders Bell and Barbosa out. I'm also beginning to think, as good as he is on O, Nash takes away just as much on D, and what averages out is almost mediocre.

BillsCarnage
11-11-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm also beginning to think, as good as he is on O, Nash takes away just as much on D, and what averages out is almost mediocre.

No argument here.

D'Ant's 4th quarter substitutions have not been the best so far.

mike detroit
11-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Don't see how you can say Bell's defense ia a joke. He was doing pretty well on Rip. Rip went off afeter Bell was out. I thought D'Antoni's end of game substitution pattern sucked, taking the hot hands and better defenders Bell and Barbosa out. I'm also beginning to think, as good as he is on O, Nash takes away just as much on D, and what averages out is almost mediocre.

Nash on defense is a joke. opposing players go right by him like lice through the strands of his greasy hair.

FreshPrince22
11-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Nash on defense is a joke. opposing players go right by him like lice through the strands of his greasy hair.
:lol
________
Vaporizerinfo (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-11-2005, 09:38 PM
I don't get it Carnage.

The last 3 minutes of the game was the everyone stand around and let Nash create offense.

Has D'Antoni ever heard of the pick and roll?