PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Mavericks - Jan. 22, 2021

timvp
01-23-2021, 12:46 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-dallas-mavericks-game-16/

Welp, almost a nice comeback.

sananspursfan21
01-23-2021, 12:50 AM
Hope Murray is ok. Big reason for the loss.

offset formation
01-23-2021, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the work, timvp

Dejounte
01-23-2021, 01:06 AM
Tough ending but people are underrating the impact of having two key players out with injury.

TimDunkem
01-23-2021, 01:27 AM
Aldridge's shit defense is trending on Twitter. :lol

r0drig0lac
01-23-2021, 05:53 AM
this team is screwed without its two best players.

RC_Drunkford
01-23-2021, 06:51 AM
Carlisle is just so much better than Flopovich

Rummpd
01-23-2021, 07:17 AM
Murray got hurt and that was a bad loss but this team needs White back badly.

KingKev
01-23-2021, 08:07 AM
Hopefully they are cautious brining Murray back. Embrace the tank!!!

GAustex
01-23-2021, 09:16 AM
Carlisle is just so much better than Flopovich

offset formation
01-23-2021, 10:07 AM

No, that was the game before. This game he was trending because of his 3s. Did you read through them?

KingKev
01-23-2021, 10:16 AM
No, that was the game before. This game he was trending because of his 3s. Did you read through them?

Would be nice to see him trend, good or bad, for another team tbh.

Atl Spur
01-23-2021, 10:23 AM
The Mavericks had multiple rotational players out........ boys they beat us because they’re better than us right now.

GreekSpursfan
01-23-2021, 10:44 AM

As much as LMA is garbage on defense, i can't believe i'm saying this but Zion is worse and trending even more on twitter

Dex
01-23-2021, 10:48 AM
Typical Mavericks game, it's always a dog fight. Spurs just fell short this time.

Gonna be hard to beat them if you basically let Luka get a trip-dub in the first half. He cooled off later in the game, but the damage was already done.

Dejounte
01-23-2021, 10:55 AM
Rudy Gay had the best defensive game last night, allowing 3 made field goals out of 14.

LMA's matchup scored 20 points against him, 50% of the 18 shot attempts were made against him.

Vassell was horrid last night. He allowed five 3 point shots to in out of five 3 point attempts. 8 out of 9 field goals overall were made against him, for a total of 20 points.

Finally, Lonnie was the third bad defender last night. Allowing 8 shots by his matchup to go in out of 11 field goals for a total of 20 points.

Spurs Homer
01-23-2021, 01:04 PM
The ELEPHANT in the room is that both

Derrick White

and

Dejounte

are fragile porcelain china dolls - and will always be fragile porcelain china dolls.

BackHome
01-23-2021, 01:07 PM
Hopefully they are cautious brining Murray back. Embrace the tank!!!

In Tank I Trust :bobo

Joseph Kony
01-23-2021, 01:21 PM
The ELEPHANT in the room is that both

Derrick White

and

Dejounte

are fragile porcelain china dolls - and will always be fragile porcelain china dolls.

Derrick yeah but not Murray. His ACL tear was a freak accident and yesterday he just happened to land on someone's foot which is going to cause a sprained ankle 99% of the time. I wouldnt say he's made of glass because he landed on someones foot

MultiTroll
01-23-2021, 02:51 PM
"After the Spurs cut it to a two-point ballgame with two minutes remaining, he missed his next three field goal attempts in addition to the aforementioned free throw."

Not that Popped would give an answer, or rather he would give some immature snark......

Has it ever been asked / answered why Derozian is the go to guy at end of games?

Spurs Homer
01-23-2021, 03:19 PM
"After the Spurs cut it to a two-point ballgame with two minutes remaining, he missed his next three field goal attempts in addition to the aforementioned free throw."

Not that Popped would give an answer, or rather he would give some immature snark......

Has it ever been asked / answered why Derozian is the go to guy at end of games?

Several reasons -

1) multiple season All Star

2) pop might have decided it is helpful to his psyche to give him the keys and let him sink or rescue the team =
(maybe his actions during his departure from toronto had something to do with it)

3) knows how to get free throws -

4) is - like him or hate him - a pretty deadly midrange shooter - and makes the 3 point shooters surrounding him relevant if he gets double teamed

pop might have good reasons - or it could be a really bad decision - ?

spurs10
01-23-2021, 05:43 PM
Bummer to see Murray out. Thanks for the grades.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-23-2021, 06:24 PM
maybe pops trying to lose games (stealth tank) and doesn't want to wreck the young guys' egos. so he lets the charlie brown of the nba keep trying to close

RC_Drunkford
01-23-2021, 06:32 PM
maybe pops trying to lose games (stealth tank) and doesn't want to wreck the young guys' egos. so he lets the charlie brown of the nba keep trying to close

people said the same thing last year when he started Bryn Forbes. Enough with the BS, Flopovich is washed

TheGreatYacht
01-23-2021, 09:56 PM
Pop suckers continue saying this BS year after year :lol At some point, you guys have to start realizing he's a subpar coach that has been surpassed by the game.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-24-2021, 08:32 AM
stealth tank worked last year tbh

Dejounte
01-24-2021, 08:38 AM
stealth tank worked last year tbh

I'm not accusing the team of tanking

But people have this preconceived notion that tanking should be super obvious

I argue doing so has more drawbacks than people realize. For example, you lose your players' trust and morale.

If you were to do it, wouldn't you be so discrete about it, so much so that you fool your own fans into thinking you're incompetent?

Again, I don't think the Spurs did this. I think they just performed poorly.

On the flip side, I think what people wish for -- teams who just trade their best players in order to tank happen so rarely and never would be done by a team like the current Spurs.