PDA

View Full Version : LA radio: Spurs/Nets talking sign and trade (with audio)

ChumpDumper
07-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Didn't hear it myself, but someone else in Cali did:

link to audio (http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/hamilton.wma)

Nets asked for Parker/Bowen.

Spurs refused.

Counteroffered Parker/Rose.

Enjoy.

KoriEllis
07-10-2003, 10:27 PM
I heard they asked for Parker/Malik and the Spurs didn't respond yet.

Either way, does this mean they have conceded that Kidd is coming to SA?

ChumpDumper
07-10-2003, 10:32 PM
We can only speculate.

Do I win the pool?

TexasBlue13
07-10-2003, 10:32 PM
talkin trades (http://cctvimedia.clearchannel.com/woai/hamilton.wma)

T Park Num 9
07-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Parker and Rose for Jason Kidd???

hmmmm

who will replace Rose? Kevin Willis??? hmmmmm

TexasBlue13
07-10-2003, 10:33 PM
dangit chump, you beat me to it:)

ducks
07-10-2003, 10:34 PM
could dallas get back in the mix?

ChumpDumper
07-10-2003, 10:35 PM
This trade could "net" us almost $9 million in cap space to sign other players.

Temple Of The Dog
07-10-2003, 10:37 PM
it seems like kidd is in the air... meaning that if these rumors are true, he's not going to be a net much longer.

i say the spurs don't part with parker... more like speedy and malik. pj brown will take up 30 mins plus... and they can save themselves about 4 million in capspace by going in this direction... so they can maybe pickup another decent big guy to fill in the holes?

blackbucket
07-10-2003, 10:38 PM
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If the Spurs do that, they are the dumbest m-fers on the planet. They can get Kidd for zilch. If it doesn't work, then trade Parker next year.

This has got to be total horsesheet! :rolleyes

TexasBlue13
07-10-2003, 10:40 PM
I personally think this is a dumb move by NJ, unless they want to go back into development mode. Parker is great, but he's not "the man" on a team yet...that was Duncan's job. He would have to go and be THE player on the team in New Jersey...he's only 21, and right now he's not quite to that level (he will be some day though, and will pass Kidd in talent). If NJ wants a s&t, they should try to get Nash off Dallas instead...he's older, more experienced...if they want parker, go after him later.

Temple Of The Dog
07-10-2003, 10:44 PM
if any of these rumors are true, the spurs get kidd, maybe keep parker and save themselves a little extra cap room to go after pj brown (who would take up more mins than robinson did last year - meaning malik would get less anyway) and another big on top of that. thats not a bad trade.

maybe they'll counter with speedy? (maybe they're asking his agent right now) maybe these are just bullshit rumors though... maybe kidd will stay in jersey.

smackdaddy11
07-10-2003, 10:48 PM
About 9 mil left.

Pj and Alonzo split that?

Bring back Kerr and Willis?

Kidd
Manu
SJax
Bowen
Kerr
Duncan
PJ
Zo
Willis

I could hang with that.

Archie
07-10-2003, 10:52 PM
If true, NJ is scurred.

Morphgizmo
07-10-2003, 10:55 PM
I heard they asked for Parker/Malik and the Spurs didn't respond yet.

Either way, does this mean they have conceded that Kidd is coming to SA?

Great question Kori. If they are asking for a sign and trade, then Kidd must want to come to SA. If that's the case, why in the hell would we give up Parker when we don't have to? Parker is much more valuable in scenarios that you laid out the other night in chat. The Spurs need to parlay Parker into a good big man in some way.

Now if it were Kenyon and Kidd for Parker and Rose, then we'd be in business.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2003, 10:57 PM
The Spurs would be trying to grant Parker's wish and clear more cap room at the same time.

You guys can't think of anything to do with Duncan, Kidd and $9 million?

Don't make me go Archie on you.

Gridmed
And when Malik leaves in the S&T what do you think Duncan's reaction will be?

Do we really want to piss off our superstar? I realize Rose takes up a lot of cap but keeping TD happy is the most important factor imho. Otherwise I think it would be an extremely wise move, possibly opening space for a true 5 man or PJ to come in.

-G

Archie
THE ONLY REASON THE SPURS AND NETS WOULD BE TALKING TRADE IS SO JASON KIDD COULD GET A 7TH YEAR ON HIS CONTRACT....OR SO THE SPURS COULD SIGN SOME OTHER FREE AGENTS.

TexasBlue13
07-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Maybe Thorn just realized that wishing and hoping and praying isn't what he had to do to keep Kidd, and is trying to convince Kidd not to walk so at least he can get something in return (now that he realized he might actually leave)

Archie
07-10-2003, 11:01 PM
Thorn will get a coke and a smile if Kidd really wants to come to SA.

smackdaddy11
07-10-2003, 11:02 PM
You guys can't think of anything to do with Duncan, Kidd and $9 million?

Don't make me go Archie on you.

:lol

One Archie is enough, don't you think?

gunawanspurs
07-10-2003, 11:04 PM
If this scenario goes through, then i'm gonna be truly pissed off.

I think TD is one heck of an egoistic person ! :rolleyes

Where's the promise that TP would be in agreement playing alongside Kidd ?

These whole things are CRAPS since the beginning ! :cuss

T Park Num 9
07-10-2003, 11:06 PM
If we trade parker and Malik

TwoHandJam
07-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Parker is worth more to us than just PJ or Zo. I wouldn't trade Parker unless we can land a top notch big (ie. Brand). We shouldn't need to trade Parker for Kidd.

T Park Num 9
07-10-2003, 11:07 PM
If we trade parker and Malik we could go out and sign PJ Brown
and a Tyrone Hill and a couple vets like Leonard and Boykins.

This doesnt sound too bad.......

TwoHandJam
07-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Actually, maybe they're thinking to clear the capspace so they also get Zo/PJ and resign Speedy. But we'd still need a good backup big....

T Park Num 9
07-10-2003, 11:14 PM
ZO would be the PERFECT back up center.

Duncan
Brown
Bowen
Kidd
Ginobili

Mourning
Claxton
Jackson
Willis

Thats one hell of a team.....

Guru of Nothing
07-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Hmmmm. ... Any possibilities which may include Zo AND PJ?

Hey 2-Hand, might be time to change the sig file. Are you keeping the faith?

Solid D
07-10-2003, 11:19 PM
Nets sign and trade Kidd...
Spurs sign and trade Antonio Daniels, Amal McCaskill and Charles Smith.

Does that even out?

mrcoon
07-10-2003, 11:29 PM
Why do ya'll keep putting Speedy in the equation? He's unrestricted and we don't have any indication that NJ is of his choice. I realize it's "back east" , his hometown area...but I wouldn't count on Speedy's help in this S&T shit.
Screw Jason Kidd. Sign some bigs. Keep our chemistry alive.

Archie
07-10-2003, 11:33 PM
Speedy stays with Kidd? :smokin Can't complain.

TwoHandJam
07-10-2003, 11:33 PM
Hmmmm. ... Any possibilities which may include Zo AND PJ?

Hey 2-Hand, might be time to change the sig file. Are you keeping the faith?
Sadly, you're absolutely right.

T Park Num 9
07-10-2003, 11:37 PM
hell have to find a pic of Pop drawing smiley faces on the clipboard.

ducks
speedy still wants to start people

Solid D
Bowen and Parker only adds up to a little over $4M annual salary.

Rose and Parker only adds up to $5.5M roughly.

Archie
07-10-2003, 11:41 PM
+$3.8 mil Solid D. Or a little more depending on how the minimum player charge is factored into such trades.

ducks
07-10-2003, 11:43 PM
guys relax nothing is confirmed NOTHING IS CONFIRMED

also would duncan ship rose out?

duncan told pop give rose a LONG contract........

not saying duncan would nto trade a friend he has before but think about it.duncan saw what tp can do and if the sign speedy they have a good backup point. he also would like to play with kidd but he also likes what rose brings..

picnroll
07-10-2003, 11:44 PM
So basically if this deal is for real the Spurs are giving NJ Parker to get rid of Malik's contract. Wonderfuckinful.

Solid D
07-10-2003, 11:44 PM
A sign and trade would need a better compensation match, would it not?

Man in Black1
07-10-2003, 11:45 PM
:brotha

Its Fucking Bullshit....Baseline should've already told you just how credible THAT HOST IS. HE HAS FUCKED UP BEFORE and it happens quite a lot. Y'all just chill until Monday. TP & Malik are staying and Kidd will be announcing that he wants to play alongside them and the most dominant player in the league.
:fro

ChumpDumper
07-10-2003, 11:46 PM
A sign and trade would need a better compensation match, would it not?If you're talking about matching salaries, it's not necessary because the Spurs are under the cap. The difference would go to the Nets in the form of a trade exception.

exstatic
07-10-2003, 11:51 PM
speedy still wants to start people
And just who does NJ have that would start over Speedy?:lol Their backup points SUCK.

As for "they would never trade Tim's buddy Malik!", I point to exhibit A, one Antonio Daniels. History. Malik GOT his damn long contract, anyway.

ducks
07-10-2003, 11:52 PM
You have to consider the source, Lee "Hacksaw" Hamilton is a legend in these parts but that doesn't mean he gets things RIGHT.
Observe, He cites the Newark Star-Ledger website, I'm there right now and I see nothing about it.
Also, the most classic case of yeah, Lee got it wrong, was way back in the day when Chargers-Raiders last played Monday Night Football. Raider Tailback Napoleon McCallum went underneath a pile of bodies and had his leg snapped like a twig at the knee. He had to have surgery and Hacksaw had it that the surgery resulted in am AMPUTATION...
DIDN'T HAPPEN, corrective surgery of both medial & anterior crucitate ligaments. His career was over but he definitely still had his leg.
THINK ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU PANIC. Whatever happens will happen by Monday. Lets play it out.

todd posted that

ducks
07-10-2003, 11:53 PM
I was talking about archie's comment about speedy. he said he would be happy if speedy stayed

exstatic
07-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Oh, OK Ducks. :fro

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2003, 11:56 PM
Think guys...

With Malik off the books, sign Zo to a big one year deal, then next year you can go after Brand and also got that Manu fella up for a new contract.

AHF

ducks
07-10-2003, 11:58 PM
would zo sign a fat one year deal though when dallas is offering several years

also reports are out kidd has BROKEN OFF ALL TALKS TO NETS and SPURS TELL MONDAY.

Archie
07-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Not enough room AHF

TastesLikeChicken
07-11-2003, 12:03 AM
I'm going to take 18 zantac's...

Hopefully I'll regain consciousness around Wednesday morning and I'll get to skip 5 days of rumors.

exstatic
07-11-2003, 12:07 AM
They could offer Zo a nice deal, but not enough, when you factor in filling out a roster, to have room next year for Brand. If it's Kidd/Zo, that's pretty much the end of big time FA shopping in the Duncan era.

effthelakers
07-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Wouldn't it be a P.R. nightmare? Trade two of your most popular players, for a player that San Antonio fans are basicallly 50/50 on, when you dont have to.

mattyc2422
07-11-2003, 01:01 AM
Trading some of the nucleus of the team is a step in a questionable direction if you ask me. By all means,go ahead and get Kidd, but don't don't trade the guys that we need to play around him.

Archie
07-11-2003, 01:03 AM
Relax people most likely no one is going to be traded. NJ is probably floating these rumors.

Ghost Writer
07-11-2003, 10:15 AM
The Spurs are considering Rose and Parker, but said no to Bowen and Parker?

Rose is a better player than Bowen, but makes a lot more.

I'd love to see a S&T for Kidd.

Parker as a SG or off our bench does not make sense for the team or the kid's career.

Then we can use the extra money to sign a starting quality center.

This was my condition on getting Kidd all along.

I hope it's true.

:cooldevil

CosmicCowboyXXX
07-11-2003, 10:38 AM
lets break this down...

If we assume that this report is correct and accept that:

New Jersey asked for and wanted Parker and Rose

and

The Spurs would be willing to trade Parker and Rose...

there is still no way they would trade both to the Nets for Kidd...

Nets are trying to salvage anything out of the deal...if they really want Rose, then Spurs might consider Rose (clearing cap space) only if they knew they were getting Zo plus maybe PJ...

If they are still considering trading Parker after that there are a million options available...Parker is a proven starting point guard with a huge upside...when you consider that there are lottery teams out there that are desperate for a point guard and that have other young talent on the roster with equivalent upside to Tony Parker there are lots of ways for the Spurs to get back big value and fill a need at the same time even though Tony's cap hit is relatively insignificant...