01-24-2021, 11:47 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-washington-wizards-game-17/

Had to get this one, tbh.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-24-2021, 11:48 PM
first

Blackhaus
01-24-2021, 11:53 PM
Thx for the grades. Other than another slow start, team played well. It was so nice to see the team close out the game without Derozan on the court dominating the ball. They played much more team ball. His foul trouble at the end was a blessing in disguise.

BillMc
01-25-2021, 12:30 AM
Missed the game so really appreciate these

John B
01-25-2021, 12:45 AM
Thanks Timvp. I like that Pop gave Vassell quality minutes, and the rookie did not disappoint. His defense is specially impressive. I don't think Westbrook even scored on him. And just keep them flying Devin.

What Pop told Lonnie was on point. He responded with aggressiveness and paid off. He needs to finish those but I like his aggressiveness.

I hope they can start better, but I like the overall energy tonight.

Dejounte
01-25-2021, 12:46 AM
Thanks Timvp. I like that Pop gave Vassell quality minutes, and the rookie did not disappoint. His defense is specially impressive. I don't think Westbrook even scored on him. And just keep them flying Devin.

What Pop told Lonnie was on point. He responded with aggressiveness and paid off. He needs to finish those but I like his aggressiveness.

I hope they can start better, but I like the overall energy tonight.

What did Pop tell Lonnie?

John B
01-25-2021, 12:52 AM
What did Pop tell Lonnie?
Plenty of expletive?

But what I'm impressed most is Vassell. He has got to be the best onball defender Spurs have right now. I'm watching the replay, and Russ just couldn't get through him. He even substituted early on the 3rd on your boy Keldon, which I think was very effective. Russ couldn't score :lol

Dejounte
01-25-2021, 12:56 AM
Plenty of expletive?

But what I'm impressed most is Vassell. He has got to be the best onball defender Spurs have right now. I'm watching the replay, and Russ just couldn't get through him. He even substituted early on the 3rd on your boy Keldon, which I think was very effective. Russ couldn't score :lol

I'm confused. Are you saying Pop said something during a timeout or during an interview? If it was during a timeout, which quarter?

offset formation
01-25-2021, 01:00 AM
Missed the game so really appreciate these

Same. Thanks timvp.

John B
01-25-2021, 01:06 AM
I'm confused. Are you saying Pop said something during a timeout or during an interview? If it was during a timeout, which quarter?
I don't know when but Lonnie seems to be more aggressive tonight attacking the rim. Just imo

spurs10
01-25-2021, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the grades! Glad we finally pulled away in the 4th. Bench delivered and we thankfully worn them down.

siraulo23
01-25-2021, 02:00 AM
Always good to see Spurs win :tu

Rough first half, Aldridge, Mills, Vassell carried the 3rd quarter and Spurs come up with the W

BillMc
01-25-2021, 07:29 AM
How did Luka and Tre look in garbage time?

JuneJive
01-25-2021, 08:43 AM
It was 2 non-descriptive minutes.

Truth4sale$
01-25-2021, 09:02 AM
Good grades, good game. Lonnie needs to stay aggressive, and look for his shot more. He moves the ball more than most on this team, and checkers (Rudy Gay) take advantage of his passiveness. Walker is the best outside shooter in the starting lineup. He seems to lack confidence or at times unsure on what to do. Devin Vasell is playing great, not sure it would be a good idea to send him to the Gleague bubble.

spurraider21
01-25-2021, 09:28 AM
Invisible

rah88sa
01-25-2021, 12:03 PM

From what I saw Luka hit a really nice contested 3. Otherwise he was invisible which isn't totally a bad thing. The Wizards didn't attack him so we didn't get to see his defense, and we were playing garbage time YMCA ball so he only had 1 opportunity. Still moved slow though so it's clear he's not great at processing everything at NBA speed yet.

Tre didn't show much. He had a decent midrange shot that went in, but was responsible for 2 turnovers and wasn't really impactful on defense in his short time.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-25-2021, 12:15 PM
Interesting that our final push came with DeRozan on the bench with foul trouble late in the 4th. Granted, that coincided with Mills heating up from 3, but I do think our team is better (and less predictable) late in games when we're sharing and moving the ball and not playing hero ball with DDR hogging late game offensive possessions.

BillMc
01-25-2021, 01:37 PM
From what I saw Luka hit a really nice contested 3. Otherwise he was invisible which isn't totally a bad thing. The Wizards didn't attack him so we didn't get to see his defense, and we were playing garbage time YMCA ball so he only had 1 opportunity. Still moved slow though so it's clear he's not great at processing everything at NBA speed yet.

Tre didn't show much. He had a decent midrange shot that went in, but was responsible for 2 turnovers and wasn't really impactful on defense in his short time.

Thanks for the recap my friend. :bobo Tre is very promising for a 2nd round pick, so want to see what he can do. We all knew Luka was a project, but there needs to be strides.

RC_Drunkford
01-25-2021, 02:12 PM
Good grades, good game. Lonnie needs to stay aggressive, and look for his shot more. He moves the ball more than most on this team, and checkers (Rudy Gay) take advantage of his passiveness. Walker is the best outside shooter in the starting lineup. He seems to lack confidence or at times unsure on what to do. Devin Vasell is playing great, not sure it would be a good idea to send him to the Gleague bubble.

why would anybody send a rotation player to the G-League bubble?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-25-2021, 04:58 PM
why would anybody send a rotation player to the G-League bubble?

Exactly. Might be a spot for Trey Jones since he's not getting to crack the rotation, but Devin is contributing the success of the A team.