PDA

View Full Version : Godzilla vs. Kong

pookenstein
01-26-2021, 06:51 AM
odM92ap8_c0
Trailer looks promising, but I fear it'll play out similar to Batman v Superman. Although it says that "one will fall".

spurraider21
01-26-2021, 04:28 PM
the first Godzilla movie of this series was solid. kong skull island was entertaining but not all that good. the godzilla sequel imo was trash. basically, these have been getting worse and worse. hard to imagine this one will be much better.

kong won in the 1960s version btw, tho thats pretty bullshit :lol. godzilla is clearly a more powerful creature by several magnitudes.

Robz4000
01-26-2021, 09:37 PM
the first Godzilla movie of this series was solid. kong skull island was entertaining but not all that good. the godzilla sequel imo was trash. basically, these have been getting worse and worse. hard to imagine this one will be much better.

kong won in the 1960s version btw, tho thats pretty bullshit :lol. godzilla is clearly a more powerful creature by several magnitudes.

Eh, I liked the sequel Godzilla movie tbh (albeit the scale of the story got crazy).

spurraider21
01-26-2021, 09:39 PM
Eh, I liked the sequel Godzilla movie tbh (albeit the scale of the story got crazy).
oh it definitely had more action. i thought the first movie was well made but the criticism was not enough kaiju actin, so they just overcompensated in the second one. i didnt think the movie was well made, but the effects and battle sequences were pretty fun i guess.

i also just hated how they wasted Charles Dance as an actor

DJR210
01-26-2021, 10:03 PM
It looks like it's in the Godzilla universe, so if you liked the first two you will probably like this one. King Kong is fucking massive now

Robz4000
01-26-2021, 10:05 PM
oh it definitely had more action. i thought the first movie was well made but the criticism was not enough kaiju actin, so they just overcompensated in the second one. i didnt think the movie was well made, but the effects and battle sequences were pretty fun i guess.

i also just hated how they wasted Charles Dance as an actor

Agreed, thought they'd do more with him. The effects and battle sequences are the main reason to see these movies tbh; plot is a plus but not the main attraction. This one looks promising on the action but the story will prolly be convoluted and cheesy.

spurraider21
01-26-2021, 10:35 PM
Agreed, thought they'd do more with him. The effects and battle sequences are the main reason to see these movies tbh; plot is a plus but not the main attraction. This one looks promising on the action but the story will prolly be convoluted and cheesy.
kinda. when its just too much fighting and explosions and stuff it gets up getting boring after a while. i felt the same way about Pacific Rim 2, which imo was a shit movie after the first pacific rim was one of the great kaiju flicks of our time.

i thought Godzilla 2014 was cool because you had the perspective of the soldiers on the ground a lot of time time, and that was pretty interesting

Robz4000
01-26-2021, 10:38 PM
kinda. when its just too much fighting and explosions and stuff it gets up getting boring after a while. i felt the same way about Pacific Rim 2, which imo was a shit movie after the first pacific rim was one of the great kaiju flicks of our time.

i thought Godzilla 2014 was cool because you had the perspective of the soldiers on the ground a lot of time time, and that was pretty interesting

The first Godzilla was the best because it had a good plot imo. Never saw the second Pacific Rim movie, just didn't feel like a movie that needed a sequel for me tbh.

spurraider21
01-27-2021, 01:55 AM
Honestly, the pretentiousness of some of these movies is an incredible turnoff, because it’s just stupid to make it more important than it is.

Like clearly Kong: Skull Island was the result of a room of executives going “What if we did Apocalypse Now but with King Kong!” and everybody in that room thinking “Oh my God that’s incredible” when in reality that idea is retarded as shit.

At least this movie isn’t trying to be anything more than “here’s two big stupid monsters beating the shit out of each other for 90 minutes, enjoy!” which I may not like but I can at least respect that.
you can still make them well or poorly. pacific rim was fantastic imo, while pacific rim 2 was a piece of shit despite having a bigger budget and theoretically better effects

Trainwreck2100
01-27-2021, 03:21 AM
My opinion the second movie was fine but it was weighed down by them having to kill of their best actors and the mom being a fucking terrorist, like that whole bad guy thing could have been Dance's and we would have been better for it. I came for the monster fighting we got a shit load of monsters, the oxygen bomb, and super charged Godzilla, well worth the price of admission.

my prediction godzilla wins the first fight, but kong wins in the end of act two but probably due to shenanigans, like someone's fucking with Godzilla so he ain't 100%, then in act 3 they team up against a bigger threat, hopefully mechagodzilla.

IIRC WB could lose the toho license after this movie but killing the GOAT monster would be some Batman vs Superman level stupidity but then again these are the same idiots that gave us Batman vs Superman

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-29-2021, 07:28 AM
dude what if king kong’s and godzilla’s moms have the same name and that’s how they connect emotionally?

:dizzy:chestbump

Trainwreck2100
01-29-2021, 10:06 AM
dude what if king kong’s and godzilla’s moms have the same name and that’s how they connect emotionally?

:dizzy:chestbump

Save..........Mothra

LaMarcus Bryant
01-29-2021, 01:36 PM
First half of Godzilla 1 was great. When Cranston dies and british kickass guy has to carry the film it tanks fast, plus who GAF about MUTOs anyways.

Kong was amazing. That scene of the helicopters approaching him at the beginning was amazing. Nick Fury and Loki killed it. Capn Marvel, meh, coulda done without her face. LOL I bet Trainwreck still having seizures about her role in dat one. But it was a great movie.

Godzilla 2 had a near perfect balance of human and monster plot and action. I don't think Charles Dance was wasted, in fact he's one of the characters to continue for the next one.
I'm looking forward to this movie, but yeah, having Kong hang with Godzilla is always whack af. Hope Godzilla wins.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-29-2021, 01:39 PM
My opinion the second movie was fine but it was weighed down by them having to kill of their best actors and the mom being a fucking terrorist, like that whole bad guy thing could have been Dance's and we would have been better for it. I came for the monster fighting we got a shit load of monsters, the oxygen bomb, and super charged Godzilla, well worth the price of admission.

my prediction godzilla wins the first fight, but kong wins in the end of act two but probably due to shenanigans, like someone's fucking with Godzilla so he ain't 100%, then in act 3 they team up against a bigger threat, hopefully mechagodzilla.

IIRC WB could lose the toho license after this movie but killing the GOAT monster would be some Batman vs Superman level stupidity but then again these are the same idiots that gave us Batman vs Superman

I agree about Godzilla 2. But I felt popcorn entertainment factor they knocked it outta the PARK with the monster scenes. Was bad ass on digital big screen with great speakers, high af.
At this time we've reached the point with Monsterverse where like WWE you got people like YOU KNOW WRESLTING ISN'T REAL. Like yeah nignog, wgaf, I just want entertainment.

spurraider21
01-29-2021, 02:18 PM
yeah my problem with godzilla 2 wasn't the "realism" :lol... it was just oversaturated imo. kong had a good combo of entertainment while maintaining attention throughout. still think the first godzilla was the best movie, but in that one they killed off Cranston way too early

spurraider21
01-29-2021, 02:19 PM
i dont understand asking for more kaiju and then criticizing godzilla 1 because "nobody cares about MUTO"

LaMarcus Bryant
01-29-2021, 02:21 PM
i dont understand asking for more kaiju and then criticizing godzilla 1 because "nobody cares about MUTO"

Just coulda used an actual named monster. 1st half had good human parts boring monster parts, 2nd part had british stiff with aiiight godzilla scenes fighting jags with no toho legacy.

They have a crazy long list of toho characters to draw from. Maybe it's a digital rights thing

spurraider21
01-29-2021, 02:22 PM
Just coulda used an actual named monster. 1st half had good human parts boring monster parts, 2nd part had british stiff with aiiight godzilla scenes fighting jags with no toho legacy.

They have a crazy long list of toho characters to draw from. Maybe it's a digital rights thing
i thought the combat was good though. especially how he killed the 2nd one, atomic breath down its throat :lol... fuckin epic

and the first scene where he used the atomic breath and you start seeing the spine glow. bravo

LaMarcus Bryant
01-29-2021, 07:14 PM
i thought the combat was good though. especially how he killed the 2nd one, atomic breath down its throat :lol... fuckin epic

and the first scene where he used the atomic breath and you start seeing the spine glow. bravo

Yeah true.

Altho after Shin Godzilla, every godzilla breath scene pales in comparison :lol

ElNono
01-29-2021, 11:47 PM
I have Godzilla in 4 rounds tops.

baseline bum
01-31-2021, 12:13 PM
Hey ElNono...

Why do you only do this to my theads?
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289122&page=3

shut up faggot

Reck
01-31-2021, 12:21 PM
I have Godzilla in 4 rounds tops.

Kind of an uneven fight. One laser bean to the eyes ends the fight.

chunticakes
01-31-2021, 03:07 PM
Yeah true.

Altho after Shin Godzilla, every godzilla breath scene pales in comparison :lol

Lol I had to look that one up real quick. :lol

spurraider21
01-31-2021, 03:27 PM
Lol I had to look that one up real quick. :lol
same :lol

spurraider21
01-31-2021, 03:28 PM
hard to ever live up to this kind of combat tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4

chunticakes
01-31-2021, 04:23 PM

Godzilla was so much more agile and spry back in the day, tbh.

spurraider21
01-31-2021, 05:01 PM
TOSB these days tbh

pgardn
01-31-2021, 09:09 PM
TOSB these days tbh

Why does the whole of the Japanese military have to wear white gloves when in combat against Godizilla?
I never understood this.

pgardn
01-31-2021, 09:10 PM

I had no idea how important that fat tail was in performing the move.
Avante would be thrilled. And who the hell is Godzilla's tag team partner? (since Avante cant supply the answer)

spurraider21
01-31-2021, 10:34 PM
I had no idea how important that fat tail was in performing the move.
Avante would be thrilled. And who the hell is Godzilla's tag team partner? (since Avante cant supply the answer)
jet jaguar

that was one of the first godzilla movies that was heavily marketed in the US, and i remember having that on VHS growing up

Godzilla vs Megalon... movie was initially intended to feature the robot named "jet jaguar" but they threw in godzillla later because he couldnt carry the movie. and i shit you not, the robot design was selected via a contest of japanese kids/students who submitted their proposals as some promotion by toho

Blake
01-31-2021, 10:43 PM
https://pa1.narvii.com/6541/be46626ab631ed24f99debdb06ee5ddee56f6d1f_hq.gif

I mean, how do you beat this

LaMarcus Bryant
02-01-2021, 09:21 AM
Remember when that Kong with Jack Black movie came out and everyone on ST was crazy about it? Memories lol

Xevious
02-01-2021, 09:35 AM
Remember when that Kong with Jack Black movie came out and everyone on ST was crazy about it? Memories lol
Other than too long of a run time (especially on Skull Island), it was a good movie tbh. That brings up a question though. The Peter Jackson Kong was a remake of the original 1933 film. Do any of these other iterations take place in the same "universe"? Why is he still called King Kong?

pgardn
02-01-2021, 11:17 AM
https://pa1.narvii.com/6541/be46626ab631ed24f99debdb06ee5ddee56f6d1f_hq.gif

I mean, how do you beat this

Giant caterpillars that spit web can foil that.
They come with little pixie Japanese women who sing songs.
You need a discussion with Mothra, she got all this started.

Having 3 heads?

Being a giant primate who can think?

spurraider21
02-01-2021, 12:40 PM
still think that was a really good movie. long.. but good

tlongII
02-01-2021, 10:40 PM
I think Mecha-Godzilla is impersonating Godzilla in this one.

baseline bum
02-01-2021, 11:16 PM
I'm dumping all my AMC stock if monkey-ass Kong takes Gojira out.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-01-2021, 11:56 PM
I think Mecha-Godzilla is impersonating Godzilla in this one.

They're saying that, or Mecha King Ghidorah, based on Tywin Lannister buying the dead middle head in Godzilla 2 post credits scene.

ElNono
02-05-2021, 02:13 AM

back when Hollywood used to spend a lot of money in special fx... the good old days, tbh...

Trainwreck2100
03-31-2021, 05:16 PM
Good movie, I was thoroughly sports entertained

LaMarcus Bryant
03-31-2021, 11:11 PM
Ghidorah being the demon behind Mecha was a cool twist.

Great movie. Fun af. Sad to see this universe end :cry

LaMarcus Bryant
03-31-2021, 11:12 PM
To be clear the internet Chad fucks only got 15% of the spoilers right on this one.
The Final fight coulda been a bit longer tho

Trainwreck2100
03-31-2021, 11:31 PM
To be clear the internet Chad fucks only got 15% of the spoilers right on this one.
The Final fight coulda been a bit longer tho

Godzilla blowing a hole to the center of the earth just to yell at Kong to quit his shit and Kong yelling back was "chef's kiss"

LaMarcus Bryant
04-01-2021, 07:08 AM
Godzilla blowing a hole to the center of the earth just to yell at Kong to quit his shit and Kong yelling back was "chef's kiss"

For real, I was dying. In a good way.
Def gonna catch this in IMax soon. Put these antibodies to good use lol

Reck
04-02-2021, 01:33 AM
Kind of an uneven fight. One laser bean to the eyes ends the fight.

Remember this post? :lol

Writers knew it too which is why they desperately made Godzilla not use it until Japan and even then they made him a worst shot than a storm trooper. Then introduced a mecha so the real Godzilla can use the beans on it while tag teaming with Kong. :lol so sad.

Movie started out decent and ended up pretty trash with last minute convenient plot full with random kid solves the big boys problem.

Trainwreck2100
04-02-2021, 12:52 PM
Remember this post? :lol

Writers knew it too which is why they desperately made Godzilla not use it until Japan and even then they made him a worst shot than a storm trooper. Then introduced a mecha so the real Godzilla can use the beans on it while tag teaming with Kong. :lol so sad.

Movie started out decent and ended up pretty trash with last minute convenient plot full with random kid solves the big boys problem.

they already nerfed his laser beam in universe the only time it's an actual finisher is when he does to ol cpr finisher. The problem was the cave paintings in KOTM depicts Kong's skin as able to withstand a blast like the MUTO could, and then they didn't stick to it in the movie.

Borosai
04-02-2021, 10:25 PM
I watched this hoping it would be good. It wasn't. Big-budget VFX, no-budget script.

lefty
04-03-2021, 01:42 AM
I watched this hoping it would be good. It wasn't. Big-budget VFX, no-budget script.

lol what else did you expect?

SpursforSix
04-03-2021, 06:32 AM
What

Trainwreck2100
04-03-2021, 07:11 AM

people going into this shit expecting some kind of citizen kane, when it's the citizen kane of movies where a giant ape shoves an axe handle down a giant lizards throat

Trill Clinton
04-03-2021, 08:31 AM
Yes I know its a movie about two monster titans fighting but it was horrible. Skull Island is way better than this.

Reck
04-03-2021, 10:33 AM
people going into this shit expecting some kind of citizen kane, when it's the citizen kane of movies where a giant ape shoves an axe handle down a giant lizards throat

Thwy added too many do nothing characters. I think if they have kept it to 2-3 main guys it would have been alright. But they’re just too many actors on the screen doing absolutely nothing.

DJR210
04-03-2021, 11:28 AM
I didn't care for it.. Everything outside of the graphics has been downhill after the 2014 reboot

Borosai
04-03-2021, 09:26 PM

Effort. At some point it would be nice for these people to simply try instead of recycling the same junk. You can have big, dumb monsters and still make a good (above average at least) movie. Maybe?

spurraider21
04-03-2021, 10:29 PM
people act like kaiju flicks have to have shitty writing + good action and call it a day. the first pacific rim was a great example of how you can actually make a solid movie. godzilla 2014 too (tho tbh they could have had a bit more action in that one)

Cuppycake Gumdrop
04-03-2021, 10:39 PM
Yeah, they originally had David Mamet on board to punch up the dialogue but that fell through.

Texas_Ranger
04-04-2021, 03:31 AM
It reminded me of batman v superman. I hoped for Mothra to come in that last fight with wonder woman music. Anyway, id give it more than a 3/10 if Gojira killed all the Florida characters. They were just a bit more annoying than other characters... it also sucks Eiza Gonzales was not in sexy clothes, that way id at least see something good in this movie. It was also directed by the retard that made the death note movie, so i should have know it will be shit.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-04-2021, 04:10 PM
When the biggest complaints are about how bad the human actors and storyline is, this movie has succeeded.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-04-2021, 05:56 PM
My big gripes with the movie are Kong hogging the spotlight, and they never played the legit Godzilla theme once. Not once man. Would have gone perfect when he pinned down Kong like a bitch

LaMarcus Bryant
04-06-2021, 09:58 AM
2I3x5QWEKWc

DMC
04-06-2021, 10:21 AM
Gawdzilla vs Yawn

jeebus
04-06-2021, 10:46 AM
Hollywood needs to quit trying to make millie brown happen. What a shitty shitty actress.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-06-2021, 02:07 PM
Hollywood needs to quit trying to make millie brown happen. What a shitty shitty actress.

Is she bad, objectively? See alot of people saying how horrible she is but she seems 100% average to me. Def nothing special or anything
I guess I don't get it

Trainwreck2100
04-08-2021, 01:22 PM

ain't no acting ability out there enough to make her character decent, she's supposed to be the daughter of two geniuses and they turned her into a conspiracy nut